New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,487 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Fluff Discussion XIII: You Must Smash Additional Pylons!

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    so any news for battle sisters getting primaris treatment?
    Fluff-wise, the Primaris Marines are larger/tougher than normal marines because Cawl has tweaked/upgraded/added to the genetic engineering that made them, including adding a few entirely new organs. Then he gave them access to entirely new gear he's been secretly reverse-engineering from heretical Tau xeno-tech discovering/inventing on Mars. Since Sisters are just normal humans (with extreme training, faith, and the best weapons a massively entrenched religious system can buy) the genetic-stuff won't work on them, but theoretically they might be able to get access to (smaller versions of) some of the newer weapons. But it's pretty unlikely, since it would depend on the Ecclesiarchy having links to a forgeworld that produces them, which doesn't happen much because of the whole "two completely different ideologies" thing.

Model wise, the idea of finally getting plastic sisters and it turns out they're Primaris just made me throw-up in my mouth.
    Looking back on sanity from the other side, and laughing really loudly

"In the whole of oWOD, there are only five normal people not somehow tied to the great supernatural conspiracy, and three of them were Elvis."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    If Ravenloft has taught me anything, darkness only makes the stars shine brighter.
    Bowl of Petunias avatar by Rincewind

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Fluff Discussion XIII: You Must Smash Additional Pylons!

Quote Originally Posted by Voidhawk View Post
    Fluff-wise, the Primaris Marines are larger/tougher than normal marines because Cawl has tweaked/upgraded/added to the genetic engineering that made them, including adding a few entirely new organs. Then he gave them access to entirely new gear he's been secretly reverse-engineering from heretical Tau xeno-tech discovering/inventing on Mars. Since Sisters are just normal humans (with extreme training, faith, and the best weapons a massively entrenched religious system can buy) the genetic-stuff won't work on them, but theoretically they might be able to get access to (smaller versions of) some of the newer weapons. But it's pretty unlikely, since it would depend on the Ecclesiarchy having links to a forgeworld that produces them, which doesn't happen much because of the whole "two completely different ideologies" thing.

Model wise, the idea of finally getting plastic sisters and it turns out they're Primaris just made me throw-up in my mouth.
    why more statuesque stunner sister always good and we might finally get improvement for general setting
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I always though "Plastic Sisters!" was a reference to The Sisters of Silence. Although I'm pretty sure Burning of Prospero was already out by that point.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well... The Sisters of Battlr getting the Primaris treatment would actually mean...

Female Space Marines

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

I always assumed that the "plastic sisters!" exclamation was either a joke (remember the box labelled "plastic thunderhawk") or referring soley to Celestine.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

This.

why more statuesque stunner sister always good and we might finally get improvement for general setting
    There's nothing I can think of about "Primaris Sisters" that would be good for the setting. In fact, I'm not overly pleased with how the Primaris marines have been introduced to the setting, so the last thing I want is more of them. Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the current sisters models except for the fact that they're metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    I always though "Plastic Sisters!" was a reference to The Sisters of Silence. Although I'm pretty sure Burning of Prospero was already out by that point.
    Propspero came out in late october I think and IIRC, the magnus vid and plastic sisters throwaway line at the end came out in september.

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Well... The Sisters of Battlr getting the Primaris treatment would actually mean...

Female Space Marines
    Which would be dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    I always assumed that the "plastic sisters!" exclamation was either a joke (remember the box labelled "plastic thunderhawk") or referring soley to Celestine.
    Or Verydian, who came out in ~December. And got sold out something like 3 times in a week. I've always wondered if Verydian's popularity combined with how well the triumverate sold (though the triumverate had Bobby G in there, so it's kinda hard to apportion interest to each character) and how often you see Celestine on the table (again, due to stupid rules writing, you can't judge popularity due to faction) might mean that sisters get a DE style line-wide revamp. A man can dream I guess...

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Titan in the Playground

Verydian was Finecrap not plastic, but to GW it may be the same. And ya, the Celestine/Cawl box sold stupid well, so... maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

8. - Top - End - #1478

Here's been something I've been trying to figure out, where are the rest of the Eldar gods? I know they were murdered but they're warp entities, they're not supposed to live their lives in chronological order, they can move about in time. Just like Slannesh was about and active long before he came to life shouldn't the rest of the Eldar gods be about and active long after being murdered?
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    Here's been something I've been trying to figure out, where are the rest of the Eldar gods? I know they were murdered but they're warp entities, they're not supposed to live their lives in chronological order, they can move about in time. Just like Slannesh was about and active long before he came to life shouldn't the rest of the Eldar gods be about and active long after being murdered?
    The way the warp treats time is... complicated. And doesn't really make much sense if you're used to thinking normally. Broadly, when Slaanesh was born it echoed both back and forward in time, over-taking and consuming the other gods. So while a past god might exist in the present/future, whenever you look you just find them being eaten by slaanesh because slaanesh exists in that same temporal-whatsit as well. It's sort of like a giant retcon.
    Looking back on sanity from the other side, and laughing really loudly

"In the whole of oWOD, there are only five normal people not somehow tied to the great supernatural conspiracy, and three of them were Elvis."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    If Ravenloft has taught me anything, darkness only makes the stars shine brighter.
    Bowl of Petunias avatar by Rincewind

10. - Top - End - #1480

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    Which would be dumb.
    Please make an actual argument

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

Which would be dumb.
    Why is it dumb though? I would say that Cawl messing around with the transformation sequence were one of the few fitting ways for introducing augumented Sisters of Battle.

Well it is a good point. To start with i suspect the bit about the gods being able to move around like the wish in time mainly comes as an attempt to excuse inconsistensies in the timeline.
    Its otherwise ignored most of the time.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Why is it dumb though?
    Dont know why the original poster thinks it would be dumb, but for me it would murder the entire identity of the Sisters of Battle. They aren't the vile mutants bred for war and nothing more that prowl the stars, they are highly trained human women at the peak of normal-human performance, who can handle the same wargear as the aforementioned gene-engineered killing machines, and whose devotion and faith allows them to bend reality ever so slightly despite not being psykers; while their worship of the Emperor as a God may be an error, they surely embody His vision of humanity better than the tools he created, which already had an expiration date and, were it not for Horus, would've already gone extinct after serving their purpose.
    Last edited by LansXero; 2017-10-02 at 12:27 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    There's nothing I can think of about "Primaris Sisters" that would be good for the setting. In fact, I'm not overly pleased with how the Primaris marines have been introduced to the setting, so the last thing I want is more of them. Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the current sisters models except for the fact that they're metal.
    Agreed. My biggest hope for the Primaris Marines is for them to actually cause a split between the remaining Space Marine factions. We get Russ or the Lion back, and they hate the idea, and are pissed off at Guilliman. And things actually fall apart, the Imperium is broken up, and things are looking bleak.

In practical effect, this would effectively remove the Imperium Keyword. Dark Angels couldn't be allied to Ultramarines for example. And hopefully Guard would end up with all three, and could be allied to Chaos, Guilliman, and the Lion alike.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    Well it is a good point. To start with i suspect the bit about the gods being able to move around like the wish in time mainly comes as an attempt to excuse inconsistensies in the timeline.
    Its otherwise ignored most of the time.
    They're dead until they aren't. More importantly, if time is non-linear to a god, then technically they can fiddle with events at any point in time and still be relevant, though this will depend on the amount of omniscience they have and the degree of counter-meddling done by their opponents (who, one would presume, would have fairly free reign to go and do said counter meddling once their opponent has been offed and can no longer affect the mortal realms). It could very well be that things a dead god has done turn out to be relevant thousands of years in the "future" (for what that term is worth when talking about non-linear time) and it would appear as though that god wasn't dead at all, they just had their finger in the pie a long time before you ever noticed they were gone.

Also, probably works different for chaos gods since, IIRC, they're basically just amalgams of emotion while the eldar gods are discrete entities. It would actually make sense for "Slaanesh" to be active before it was "born" since the birth wasn't the first instance of the various emotions that make up Slaanesh, just the final tipping point that gave it godhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Please make an actual argument
    Why is it dumb though? I would say that Cawl messing around with the transformation sequence were one of the few fitting ways for introducing augumented Sisters of Battle.
    Because sisters don't undergo genemodding. They're the militant arm of the ecclesiarchy and a way around the whole "no men at arms" policy. They're normal humans filled with fervent faith in the Emperor and get their special powers from that. To suddenly take their identity and make them into boring spess muhreen clones would be a big step backwards and a large chunk of their factional identity sacrificed in exchange for bland sameness. The last thing we need is yet more variations of spess muhreen when we already have 8 (!) seperate factions of marines (not counting chapter/legion tactics). I'm not sure why this even needs explaining?

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Troll in the Playground

Says who they just dont get black carapace mod there is no info about them pure humans and i bet extraminatus on most of them gene-modded on recruitment. So cawl can make them stronger is possible just bit more harder then regular marines
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Says who they just dont get black carapace mod there is no info about them pure humans and i bet extraminatus on most of them gene-modded on recruitment. So cawl can make them stronger is possible just bit more harder then regular marines
    So, your logic is that because it's never mentioned anywhere that they get genemods, then obviously they get genemods? Even though it's repeatedly stated that they're just normal human women running around in light power armour (like an inquisitor would use)? Alt-universe is fine, but don't confuse what you want with what's canon.

IIRC, the only "regular" humans who get genemodded for combat are kasrkin/stormtroopers who are just slightly warmed over compared to a normal human and the sisters don't need that because they have power armour (the main point of the kasrkin genemodding was to let them move more freely in heavy armour due to the nature of their special missions while the sisters power armour does all the work for them). There's thing like arco-flaggellants and servitors, but neither of those really count as "normal" humans anymore, and the various flavours of assassins probably don't count as "normal" anymore either. I suppose if you were a fairly extreme inquisitor with some non-purist leanings, you might have some genemodded troops or even be genemodded yourself, but again, anything the inquisition does is rarely standard. If you were really pushing things, you could argue that old commanders who get gene-thereapy to stay healthy enough to remain in command might qualify, but then, again, we're pushing the bounds of "normal" again.

If someone can find a source for sisters being modded, please enlighten me and I will gladly retract my statement.

17. - Top - End - #1487

Page 50.

NEW THREAD

"Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein