New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Classic IX - GAME ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    It would be unsporting to lynch Hyozo while he's away...

It is not unsporting, especially if there is evidence. They may not be able to defend themselves **shrug**.

I will agree it's pragmatic to lynch active wolves - because - if someone is inactive - they better not be sendng any pm's - because that's cheating. IF you are inactive, you aren't voting OR participating, and the Narrator won't autolynch you. Life happens, we roll with it.

If a player is "Inactive" but still sending in Kills, or Scrys... that's cheating.

If there are more than one wolf that is suspected, it is better to lynch the active wolf - because they are the ones sending in the kills.

But, if they (the inactive player) are a wolf - the end game is a numbers game, and every wolf lynched saves the village about 3 real days or so.

Also, if I were a wolf, I might be known to drum up false evidence to claim someone is a wolf. For example, if I *ever* notice a deleted post, I've been known to try to lead lynches against that player - no matter what the narrator says.
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2009-08-21 at 09:05 AM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

2. - Top - End - #782
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post
    It is not unsporting, especially if there is evidence. They may not be able to defend themselves **shrug**.
    This. Being away means the narrator won't auto-lynch you. It doesn't mean the game stops for you.

Also, Bayar was on the Philwagon. Could mean he's not a wolf, could mean Haruki's also a wolf, could have been some interesting ploy, whatever.
    So.... him being on the bandwagon means he may or may not be a wolf? And so do I?

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2009-08-21 at 09:09 AM.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

Heh. My fail. Fin.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thufir. It rhymes with "suffer".

WW Game Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Played: 21
    Devil: 1
    Wolf: 2
    Wolf Alpha: 1
    Co-Narrator: 2
    Narrator: 1
    Villager: 13
    Other (Weird): 1

Trophies
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #785
    Dwarf in the Playground

If there's one thing I learned early and constantly relearned, is that people who make lists cannot be trusted.

Thufir.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #786
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    If there's one thing I learned early and constantly relearned, is that people who make lists cannot be trusted.
    Can I sig this?

WW Game Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Played: 21
    Devil: 1
    Wolf: 2
    Wolf Alpha: 1
    Co-Narrator: 2
    Narrator: 1
    Villager: 13
    Other (Weird): 1

Trophies
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

Thufir.
    Which does of course make it fiendishly difficult to remember what to get when shopping.
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2009-08-21 at 11:05 AM.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

On the Thufir train today.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Troll in the Playground

Poor Thufir. I would really like to trust you.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

10. - Top - End - #790
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    Thufir.

You seem to have missed a good few days yourself. If that is suspicious then so are you.

I don't think missing days is all that suspicious. I point when I have a reason to point. I do this in every game. Go and check my history as a player and you'll see similar behaviour to this in a dozen other games where I've also been a villager.

I'm pointing at *you* because you seem to have a penchant for trying to set up future lynch targets, and they've generally been wrong.
    I've missed 2 days, and I'll admit to being perhaps a bit suspicious to anyone not aware of my role.
    While I strive to improve at WW games, I'm not in the habit of checking up on people's playing histories in other games to know if they're acting typically or not. I only have so much time.
    Your last comment I find strange. The only lynches I've really tried to 'set up' were MOD (Wrong) and the people on my list yesterday, which included Bayar, a wolf. The rest of the people on the list are still alive, so how can you know they're wrong? (Except possibly in your own case, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    So.... him being on the bandwagon means he may or may not be a wolf? And so do I?
    Well, if Phil is a wolf, it makes little sense for Bayar to have pushed his wagon, unless you (The alternative wagon at the time) are also a wolf. So it suggests that if Phil is a wolf, so are you, but it could just mean Phil's not a wolf and not suggest anything about you.

I just set out to analyse those bandwagons, and looked for anything I thought was suspicious. The people who did things I found suspicious went on the list. You can feel free to question my logic, that's why I post it, but how am I suspicious just because I suspect six people rather than just one?
    For that matter, Andre has been posting lists of his suspicions for several day phases, and no-one's said this makes him suspicious.

Now, if I said "Look at this list! We should lynch all the people on this list as soon as we can!", that would be suspicious.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

I seem to vaguely remember a bandwagon on Andre a couple of days ago.

Sorry if I'm suspicious, I'm just not really paying that much attention.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

I've missed 2 days, and I'll admit to being perhaps a bit suspicious to anyone not aware of my role.
    Uh.. to anyone not aware of your role? Are you claiming to have a role?

While I strive to improve at WW games, I'm not in the habit of checking up on people's playing histories in other games to know if they're acting typically or not. I only have so much time.
    And I'm not saying you have to. I'm explaining my "suspicious" actions as being in character, and inviting you to check up if you don't believe me. If you believe me then we should be good.

Your last comment I find strange. The only lynches I've really tried to 'set up' were MOD (Wrong) and the people on my list yesterday, which included Bayar, a wolf. The rest of the people on the list are still alive, so how can you know they're wrong? (Except possibly in your own case, of course)
    It just looks to me like you're trying to get control over the game a bit.. Also like Mustiado I'm quite distrustful of lists. Even when they are meant in good faith they can easily be distorted. And yeah, I find Andre pretty damn suspicious too.
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2009-08-21 at 01:02 PM.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    Which does of course make it fiendishly difficult to remember what to get when shopping.
    *cracks up*
    Can I quote of the week that?

@^: Isn't villager a role?
    That ambiguity has always confused me (and kinda messed up Spytrap II >.<).
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

14. - Top - End - #794

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    I would consider villager to be a role. So, with that in mind, yes I am claiming to have a role, otherwise I wouldn't be playing. I acknowledge that people unaware of my role (i.e. everyone else) may find me suspicious.

As to getting control over the game and twisting lists, well that only works if people go along with it, doesn't it? I'm just saying what I think, so the others can take it into account in their own deliberations and we can co-operate. I only get control of the game if the other players follow me without thinking about it, which I urge people against. Everyone makes mistakes, after all.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy
    *cracks up*
    Can I quote of the week that?
    Feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir
    I would consider villager to be a role. So, with that in mind, yes I am claiming to have a role, otherwise I wouldn't be playing. I acknowledge that people unaware of my role (i.e. everyone else) may find me suspicious.
    Right right. Just checking that this isn't yet another day when we start out bandwagoning a mason, then sort of half heartedly pile onto whoever else comes along.

I mean since since one of the only other people with a point at them is me, I don't want that to happen!

16. - Top - End - #796
    Orc in the Playground

Thufir, I strike at thee!
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

17. - Top - End - #797

… have I not voted?
    Thufir, then.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hmmm. Is this too many too fast for Thufir?
    I know I have suspected him for a few days now, but it just seems a little too quick again. Yesterday when Andre posted a name, people ignored it and brought up alternatives.

Today when Andre posted a name, it seems to have gathered the required momentum. Are we going down the wrong track?

I think we should take another look at Opeth Freak
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

19. - Top - End - #799

I am incompetent at werewolf logic. Why are we all pointing at Thufir again? I don't really have anything to contribute, so I guess Thufir is as good as any.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

20. - Top - End - #800

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Why are we all pointing at Thufir again?
    Because this game has more sheep than wolves?
    Seriously, I have no idea. I believe the principal argument is "Lists are evil!"
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

21. - Top - End - #801
    Pixie in the Playground

*chuckles* This is gold *chuckles*
    Previous Wins
    Spoiler
    Show

Sharn, the Broken city - Serial Killer (neutral)
    The Demons - Vampire (neutral)
    Universal Smash Bros 4 - Luigi (mason)

Spoiler
    Show

Trophies (deserved or not)

22. - Top - End - #802
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, since the kid asked and I want to avoid puppy dog eyes, Opeth Freak.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thufir. For today.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

The more wagons, the merrier.

Don't you agree, Opeth Freak?

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #805
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thufir.
    Allow me to A) Quote myself and B) Clarify my position.

Also, yes, feel free to sig whatever.

When I say people who make lists can't be trusted, I'm speaking of a very specific lesson. If you go back to the debacle that was Advent Children II (I believe) we were down to a handful of players, and I was for whatever reason in charge of the villagers. We were casting all over for the scent of a wolf. In jumped Fleeing Coward to the rescue. He carefully analyzed everyone remaining, giving the arguments for and against each person, and was even helpful enough to include himself. He ended up making an excellent case for lynching four or five people out of the nine remaining, effectively occupying our attention for lynch.

The end result of this was he diffused suspicion so far off of any one suspect as to make a consensus on who to lynch almost an impossibility. We ended up all voting on and casting in different directions, some voting for what turned out to be wolves, some voting for villagers, and the wolves were able to push the wagons towards the villager each time, in a number of subtle ways. Lists like you're creating are divisive, and they tend to fray focus against any one suspect by making good arguments against eight. A lot harder to analyze a whole mob of people than a single person.

You'll notice that not once throughout here did I mention that I was suspicious of Andre for doing exactly the same thing you were (except he didn't provide reasoning. A list of names isn't nearly as influencing as having a reason behind each one), Philistine and Dragoon for trying to start a late wagon and thus trying to distract the remaining town, or of Lex-Kat who has basically been picking whatever bandwagon is convenient and riding behind it like the littlest pony. Because to mention so many different suspects at this point in the day would be divisive, and would give the wolves a chance to drive a wedge into our lynching block for the day, and maybe give one of their number a chance to escape.

I want all the attention on you, my friend. Then we'll see if any of my other hunches might play out. I hope that answers your question as to why lists are evil, and my apologies if you end up being innocent. Sometimes we do shoot the messenger as a member of the town. You just happened to pick one of the things I learned in a very harsh lesson early on in my WW career. My condolences if it's unjustified.

EDIT: MY apologies, I have placed the blame for the Opeth Freak wagon wrongly. I didn't see Evvie start it up. And for... interesting reasons. I think some digging is in order once I have some free time.
    Last edited by Mustiado; 2009-08-21 at 11:54 PM.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #806

Hey, I was actually trying to help with my list that game... until i got recruited
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Titan in the Playground

Andre, just a hunch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

28. - Top - End - #808

Switching to Opeth Freak because he's not me.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

29. - Top - End - #809

When I say people who make lists can't be trusted, I'm speaking of a very specific lesson. If you go back to the debacle that was Advent Children II (I believe) we were down to a handful of players, and I was for whatever reason in charge of the villagers. We were casting all over for the scent of a wolf. In jumped Fleeing Coward to the rescue. He carefully analyzed everyone remaining, giving the arguments for and against each person, and was even helpful enough to include himself. He ended up making an excellent case for lynching four or five people out of the nine remaining, effectively occupying our attention for lynch.

The end result of this was he diffused suspicion so far off of any one suspect as to make a consensus on who to lynch almost an impossibility. We ended up all voting on and casting in different directions, some voting for what turned out to be wolves, some voting for villagers, and the wolves were able to push the wagons towards the villager each time, in a number of subtle ways.
    Yeah, that was an awesome game.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Dwarf in the Playground

Unofficial votes:
    9 Thufir
    5 Opeth Freak

**EDIT**
    By the way, I'll be away from the keyboard for at least two days. I'm only in two games, and I've voted in both, but still. You never know...
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2009-08-22 at 10:28 AM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"