New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Witches & Warlocks II: Double Double Toil and Trouble! [Game on!]

Talic I'm worried about you, you seem so sure. One thinks you may protest too much
    [CENTER]
    This is Ambrosia, Custard's Good little sister. Give her a cuddle!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

"Me thinks he doth protest enough"

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by opposing end them?

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    — Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Well, the scenario which happened was this: I was scried by the seer. Meanwhile, I contacted people since I dislike being a voider so I thought I'd at least use it to gather some roles together. Only one role I found was a Mason, who claimed to me. I did NOT tell the 'Mason' who the seer was, obviously. I'm not stupid.

So, once I was scried, I worked as the contact between the seer and the masons, if indeed they are masons, which Supagoof seemed to prove today.

And you didn't take into account the fact that Bushranger basically claimed a good guy powerrole on day 1, meaning any wolf team even not in contact with him would obviously prioritize him and kill him. I don't know why they didn't kill him on night 1, overall the kill at Oddity sounds very strange to me since I, for one, have never even seen him before, but it's possible they scried him first and then killed?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

New evidence has sprung forward, and the Eaglewiz bandwagon is fine due to his suspicious and otherwise alarming comment.

Lex-Kat and Mrs Banjo are also setting off huge alarms on my radar.

As for Masons, I can prove my role. In fact, you can kill me if you suspect me at all for being a wolf in masons clothing, because this will be what happens.

If I get lynched, I'll verify the name of a another mason before I go.
    Another Mason can step up to disclaim my role, but they won't since I'M ONE OF THEM.

There's 6 of us, so we won't mind losing one to organize team good.

The Murska / Talic debate has given me much to think about. Further investigation behind the scenes is at work. I (or one of my brick-laying friends should I get killed) will let you know what happens with that.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

5. - Top - End - #185
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Banjo View Post
    Talic I'm worried about you, you seem so sure. One thinks you may protest too much
    There's more than one reason for that.

I'm not sure of much, but when early power roles die, and Murska admits to knowing their roles beforehand?

That sends all kinda warnings flashing through my head.

Heck, I was on the last wolf team when Murska pulled the Day 1 baner, day 2 seer, before sacrificing himself to cloud the waters so bad it was easy to follow up.

That time he was in contact with the Seer too.

So yeah, his behind the scenes work is TOO pointed, citing only a dislike of his role as motivation to do work better suited to Seers and Masons.

I don't know much about many. But Murska is my constant, now.

Barring something as suspicious as Eaglewiz, he shall get my daily point, until he is either exonerated in my eyes, or one of us is gone.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

I always play risky and contact people, though. So if you suspect me, don't use that.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Interesting. Eaglewiz

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I always play risky and contact people, though. So if you suspect me, don't use that.
    All the more reason to perform damage control on the mess you've left us.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

day ends. scene to be up soon.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

OrderoftheSnarl and roger123275 were standing by the side of the road. A munchkin walked by, and saw both of them standing. What are you doing it asked?

The wizard answered him. Why my little friend! I'm about to perform brain surgery!

The scarecrow looked at him. Are you sure this is safe?

The wizard waved aside the question. Nonsense! I've done this thousands of times! With that, he picked up the hoe and started beating the Scarecrow with it.

After a few minutes, all that lay on the ground was a pile of clothes and straw everywhere. The wizard looked dissapointed. I guess there wasn't any brain to dissect. I'll have to find someone else then to continue my experiments. His eyes fell on the Munchkin, and smiled.

Hours later, the wizard walks back to the tower, whistling to himself. As he enters, all eyes stare at him.

What? he asks, quite confused.

Why is their blood on your hands and coat? The Oz asked him.

I... uh.... I... I... I.... I got nothing.

The Oz seemed to get angry. You did that brain surgery didnt you!? he said, pointing an accusing finger at him and getting angry. I told you not to do that! With a flick of his wrist, he stripped him of his powers and motioned him out of the tower. He was told not to come back.

The other wizards went to check out the scene and horrid news came back. Soon enough, it spread across the country.

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show

roger123275 was autolynched. He was a Wizard.
    OrderoftheSnarl was autolynched. He was the Scarecrow.
    Eaglewiz was lynched. He was a Munchkin.

Night Begins and ends in approximately 36 hours or more, or whenever my co-narrator gets around to it. Please send all actions to myself and The Bookworm.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2009-07-08 at 10:15 AM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Um, may I ask why you are getting alarms from me?

Is it because I went after an auto-lynchee instead of Murska, Talic, or EagleWiz?

Murska is always suspicious, but it doesn't mean he's a wolf. I don't enjoy getting in arguments with Talic. Between those two choices, it looks as if you wasn't even sure which to go after.

And I had no reason to suspect EagleWiz of anything. A stupid comment is all that was made, and suddenly everyone forgets that Murska and Talic are both quite suspicious.

If we'd killed either OrderoftheSnarl or Roger123275, we'd only have two good guys dead, not three.

So, what was truly learned from EagleWiz's death? Other than to not make strange comments like:
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleWiz View Post
    Exactly as planned .

Lets see how this plays out.
    Talic.
    {table=head]Lynchee|Voters|Votes
    OrderoftheSnarl|Lex-kat|1
    Fleeing Coward|Allysian, Kyouhen|1
    Murska|Fleeing Coward, Talic, Supagoof, Fin, Supagoof|2
    Kyouhen|Blue Ghost, Talic, Jair Baric|1
    Talic|Haruki-Kun, Murska, Supagoof, EagleWiz, Mrs Banjo|4
    Mrs Banjo|MOD|1
    Allysian|Dirk Kris|1
    EagleWiz|Aemoh, Allysian, Blue Ghost, Talic, Fleeing Coward, Hyozo, Banjo1985, Mustiado|8
    [/table]

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #192
    Banned

What's got me suspicious, exactly, Lex-Kat? Hmm?

Because Murska said so?

Or because I've posted a lot?

Murska was in contact with a Seer, immediately before that seer's death. Regardless of who he is, that's suspicious. That's quantified. And pretty damning, if you ask me.

And yet it can be stated and corroborated by two different sources, and all we get is "oh, he's kinda suspicious, but that's not a reason to lynch him".

And me? Nothing quantifiable has been nailed down yet besides someone saying I'm not a mason (Murska). Someone who couldn't have verified that the "mason" he talked to WAS a mason. Because, according to him, the Seer's one and only scry? Was Murska.

I'll admit it. I'm not a mason. I'm not a wolf, either. Again, all the posturing by me won't change anyone's minds...

But people... Look who's fueling my bandwagons. And whenever I'm lynched or killed? Look again. And ask yourself why they did. I doubt I'll make it to the end of the game. A shame, really. But when I go, please, use what you get from my kill, and don't let the wolves framing me go unlynched.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

Talic your main problem is that we have all been burned in the past by the guy who is trying so very hard to catch the wolves, who turns out to be a wolf. In one game I was doing this so well I got baned for crying out loud! You may not be doing this but you have missed a major part of doing analysis - Subtlety. In every game I have seen you get lynched its more often than not for the reason you posted above. Try keeping your cards a little closer to you chest.

And if you insist on exonerating the 'Guy that tries so very hard to catch the wolves, but is actually a Wolf' take it up with the following main culprits (IMO):

Shadow
    Fleeing Coward
    Murska
    PhantomFox

There are plenty of others that I have seen do it but these four are the worst(best?) for it.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Bugbear in the Playground

How did I get on the list? I havn't pulled any such stunt since I returned
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Opeth Freak was walking back to his house in the Emerald City after a meeting with the great Wizard of Oz, also known as his boss. He went inside his house, locked his door, locked the windows (it pays to be careful), locked his back door, and then went to get a bite of dinner from his pantry. He gave a bite to his taster, a small dog that was his familiar, and then ate the rest. It was only when he laid down in his bed that he smelt an unfamiliar smell. It smelled ... sweet. Gas began to fill the house...

At the witches citadel...
    ""Well, Nome King, that was some nice work you did there. Sneaking into that fellow's house, and setting up that "gas trap."
    "Thank you, Miss Witch. But I didn't invent that "gas" stuff. I found about it from a book hidden in the girl Dorothy's house."
    "Makes you wonder what she's up to, doesn't it?"
    "Yeah. Or her aunt and uncle."

Opeth Freak was gassed to death using a book the Nome King stole from Dorothy's house. He was a wizard (mason).
    Day 4 begins now and ends in ~48 hours!

WW Game Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Played: 21
    Devil: 1
    Wolf: 2
    Wolf Alpha: 1
    Co-Narrator: 2
    Narrator: 1
    Villager: 13
    Other (Weird): 1

Trophies
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

Aww, schmucks... Wolves are either damn lucky, or damn good, to find and hit mason hiding in the shadow...

Good luck, wizards. Kick some serious witch asses!
    Halloween Angry Clown William Wallace by Elder Tsofu. Idea inspired by Geesi. Thanks guys!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

My WW roles so far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games overall: 19
    Mason: 3
    Something weird: 6
    Villager: 11
    Wolf Disguiser: 1

Games I won: Paranoia III, S.E.U. IV, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Werewolf Classic IX

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's start the ball rolling with a point at Fleeing Coward
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2009-07-10 at 08:59 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

No, Murska!
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2009-07-11 at 10:41 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

19. - Top - End - #199

If that debate is going to control today's vote, I have to say that I believe Talic's logic to be flawed (as I often do. Sorry Talic)

Also, If Murska is lying about hatred of his role compelling him to talk to other people, he is at least being consistent with the same "lie" he told me when asking my role within hours of the role PMs being sent out.
    Last edited by Hyozo; 2009-07-09 at 03:08 PM.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

20. - Top - End - #200

Fleeing Coward
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Firbolg in the Playground

A wizardly-looking person with a blue mustache addresses the crowd of Munchkins.

"As you know, those rotten witches have done away with our Good Witch. Without her magic to protect us, we need to take matters into our own hands. That is why I have invented the Witch-o-Matic 4000!"

The wizard holds up a ridiculous-looking device that resembles a cross between a vacuum cleaner and a microscope, all covered with feathers.

"This device will allow you to locate any witch without fail! Just point it at your suspect, and it will tell you instantly if he or she is a witch! Allow me to demonstrate!"

The wizard points the device at Murska, upon which the Witch-o-Matic 4000 begins to glow red and emit an earsplitting scream. "Yup, this guy is a witch, all right! I thought he was a bit suspicious..."

(Note: This is purely RP, I'm not an actual Wizard or any power role like that.)

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

22. - Top - End - #202
    Pixie in the Playground

Talic!

Heh, sorry, can't resist the urge to even up the votes again

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

23. - Top - End - #203
    Bugbear in the Playground

Why do I have to defend myself against a bandwagon everyday?
    Self defense point against Murska until I hear something from the "masons".
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm going to have to vote Supagoof

Sorry but your logic seems flawed man. You say you are a mason and that we can prove it by lynching you, but there was a more obvious way you could have proved your point. Surely when it became abundantly clear that Roger was going to be autolynched you would have ratted on him to prove your point. As it stands it seems more likely that you are a witch trying to lure out the real masons than an actual mason, but as you have said if you are in fact a mason your death should help team good get organised. Nothing personal but it seems lynching you is the only sensible thing to do

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    — Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

After a refreshing bath in floating yellow sponge rockets out of the water to survey his surroundings and notices that the munchkin population is thinner than it once was. Sadden by this loss of life the little rectangle floats onward towards where trouble seems to be brewing.

It seemed that two people were pointing at each other shouting the other was a witch. Detractors on both sides seemed to argue points one way or another about the various 'lies' told by both contenders. Sighing as only a sponge can it floated over the head of the one named Talic.

The sponge wasn't sure if it was a witch or munchkin or something else entirely but the floating sponge continued on until it was between the primary contenders, "This use to be nice and wholesome place. Now look at you two arguing and fighting, disgraceful. I think you all need some time to cool off," With a jerk of its body the sponge points to the bathhouse.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Banned

Re: Witches & Warlocks II: Double Double Toil and Trouble! [Game on!]

Murska.

No more agruments. No more long posts.

If I'm lynched, you will all know my role. When you do? Look closely at those who find reason to lynch me. That is all.

EDIT: Behaviour Tracking:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Players who have avoided all bandwagons:
    Opeth_Freak
    Dirk Kris
    Fin
    Evnafets
    Lex-Kat
    MOD
    Quintis

Players who only stacked on the last wagon (overwhelming appearance of guilt):
    Aemoh (1st vote cast)
    Banjo1985(7th vote cast)
    Hyozo (6th vote cast)
    Supagoof (8th vote cast)

Blue Ghost (3rd vote cast)

Players who have been on a successful bandwagon every time they voted:
    Mustadio (1 vote only, extenuating circumstances)
    Allysian
    Talic
    Supagoof
    billtodamax

Bolded is noteworthy behaviour. Typically doesn't bandwagon, but slipped in on one... Only after it reached the point where their vote no longer mattered. In every other role, avoided all major names. In other words... Trying not to make a difference, laying low. Supagoof's is somewhat mitigated by a strong posting presence.

Top category are people who are consistently laying low.
    Last edited by Talic; 2009-07-10 at 08:51 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by Talic View Post
    If I'm lynched, you will all know my role. When you do? Look closely at those who find reason to lynch me. That is all.
    That's odd, if my memmory is correct, wolves have a history of hiding in the bandwagons you start.

EDIT: Behaviour Tracking:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Players who have avoided all bandwagons:
    Opeth_Freak
    Dirk Kris
    Fin
    Evnafets
    Lex-Kat
    MOD
    Quintis

Players who only stacked on the last wagon (overwhelming appearance of guilt):
    Aemoh (1st vote cast)
    Banjo1985(7th vote cast)
    Hyozo (6th vote cast)
    Supagoof (8th vote cast)

Blue Ghost (3rd vote cast)

Players who have been on every bandwagon:
    Allysian (6th vote day 1, 2nd vote days 2 and 3), Talic (4th vote cast for that member in all cases)

Bolded is noteworthy behaviour. Typically doesn't bandwagon, but slipped in on one... Only after it reached the point where their vote no longer mattered. In every other role, avoided all major names. In other words... Trying not to make a difference, laying low.
    And it seems you believe that theory as well, but it's nice to see that you're telling them to lynch me either way.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I'll join the Talic wagon today.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Banned

EDIT: @^ : Again, those who place the second vote aren't starting a bandwagon, they're creating one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyozo View Post
    That's odd, if my memmory is correct, wolves have a history of hiding in the bandwagons you start.
    As well as the ones against me.
    I'm just putting numbers out there.
    Wanna lynch me? Lynch me. I'll bet I can guess who the next lynch will be after me. And no, not you.

As for hiding in the wagons I start? Great, then you can use that to narrow it down.
    Last edited by Talic; 2009-07-10 at 08:57 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Ya know, I'm not entirely sure how much information can be gleaned from a day where the eventual lynchee created his own noose. Having said that, Eaglewiz has a history of making strange comments that get him lynched, only for him to turn out to be innocent. Make of that what you will.

As for my behaviour, good luck trying to find a pattern across games for me. I seem to act differently every game I play. In this one I've voted randomly until a bandwagon based on a strange comment seemed like a good place to put a vote. I'd personally take a look at the person who started that bandwagon: Aemoh.

Eaglewiz's comment was a perfect opportunity for a wolf to say, 'hey, look at that, he's acting kooky! Let's lynch him!'
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2009-07-10 at 08:55 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn