New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central X: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Is there anyone who would be willing to trade up with Worms WW, run by AvatarVecna and Ramsus?

Otherwise, I'll trade with you. Assassins can always be moved back.

And don't worry about being "Wishy-Washy". Happens all too often.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central X: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

If we could just slide it down two places that'd be good with me. *shrug*

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Quick question:
    Is it at all problematic to post my recruitment thread a day early if I finish the initial write up on time?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Considering it takes the mods a few days to approve it? I would say go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Considering it takes the mods a few days to approve it? I would say go for it!
    I also hope you don't mind if I plagiarize copy shamelessly steal borrow your format for the rules header, with my own personal modifications, of course.
    Last edited by Logic; 2017-03-17 at 03:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of recruitment, A Typical Werewolf Game could sure use more players.

7. - Top - End - #847

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I also hope you don't mind if I plagiarize copy shamelessly steal borrow your format for the rules header, with my own personal modifications, of course.
    But I stole it from Duneyrr first!
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi. Would it be possible to move TLoZ: WW II a week or two back? I might be abroad in a Congress in France (my paper was accepted, but I'm not certain if I or my orientator will be the ones presenting it) in that very week. Thanks.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

My game thread has only now been submitted for review. I'll only bother a moderator if it has not approved by this time Monday.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #850

I'd shoot Chambers (the mod who approved Fallout) a message, just to be safe. Xihirli had a decent delay when she posted Blindfooled, even after sending out a PM.
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #851
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    If we could just slide it down two places that'd be good with me. *shrug*
    Moving Worms WW back to 30Apr17 to 13May17.

This will move both Time Paradox WW and Scum of London up one position, each.

If all parties involved let me know if this is agreeable, that would be appreciated.
    Quick question:
    Is it at all problematic to post my recruitment thread a day early if I finish the initial write up on time?
    That is fine. You can even submit it a couple days in advance, honestly. The schedule isn't meant to be followed so strictly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Hi. Would it be possible to move TLoZ: WW II a week or two back? I might be abroad in a Congress in France (my paper was accepted, but I'm not certain if I or my orientator will be the ones presenting it) in that very week. Thanks.
    I'll move it back one space. Let me know if you need it back further.
    My game thread has only now been submitted for review. I'll only bother a moderator if it has not approved by this time Monday.
    My opinion, you should feel free to PM the moderator immediately after submission. I have never heard of a mod yet feeling bothered by this. And Chambers is an awesome person, in real life.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

Fine by me. Obviously. Given it was my suggestion. Look you said everyone. Whatever!

13. - Top - End - #853
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Moving Worms WW back to 30Apr17 to 13May17.

This will move both Time Paradox WW and Scum of London up one position, each.

If all parties involved let me know if this is agreeable, that would be appreciated.
    Good with me.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

Works for me as well.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

I have about half of my minimum desired number of players for James Bond Werewolf. Recruiting will run up to (possibly through) the first weekend of April, and start no later than Monday, April 3rd.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #856
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Lex-Kat, could you please add my name to the list of Mods for people to PM after submitting a game? Thanks. Great info thread you've got here, well done.

Also some more general advice in regards to whether one should wait a few days or PM a Mod right after creating the thread. My recommendation would be to not wait; please feel free to drop me a line about your game thread. I'll try and get to it as soon as I can, though sometimes that will mean waiting until I get home from work. Happy gaming!
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Barbarian in the Playground

BANG! is now recruiting. Only 11 slots!

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Lex, neither the Drowlbearwolves are in the archives.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

19. - Top - End - #859
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

I'd like to reserve 09Jul17 to 22Jul17, title Baal Epic.
    Last edited by Indarra; 2017-03-31 at 11:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Hey Lex, neither the Drowlbearwolves are in the archives.
    Well, that would be because I haven't updated the archives since... *checks archives* July of last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indarra View Post
    I'd like to reserve 09Jul17 to 22Jul17, title Baal Epic.
    Done.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2017-03-31 at 02:02 PM.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Time Paradox WW has been submitted for approval and recruitment will start as soon as it comes up.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Time Paradox WW has been submitted for approval and recruitment will start as soon as it comes up.
    *waves Mod hands*

Approved.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Troll in the Playground

I bring a message.

--

Spoiler: Invitation to the 2017 Mafia Championship (Season 4)
    Show
    If anyone else needs to copy paste:

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 4)

Hello everyone! :)

I would very much like to invite your community to take part in Season 4 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual online tournament series that pits representatives from various forum Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and become their “Champion”.

Season 1 ran in 2013-2014, while Season 2 and Season 3 ran in 2015 and 2016, respectively. As of Season 3, a total of 160 communities have been represented in the Mafia Championship, making it the largest cross-forum event on the Internet.

I hope that all this sounds very exciting to you guys :)

1. Do you accept the invite?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to me before April 13 to ensure yourselves a spot. If you need more time than this to think about whether you wish to participate, let me know and I can extend the deadline.

If you agree to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 22.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
    • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
    • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
    • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.
    • Relevant only to communities that participated last season: Season 3 Finalists are not eligible to play again this season.

2. Season 4 Format

The tournament structure
    • 120 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
    • 8 Qualifying Games will be played consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. 1 player will advance directly to the Finale Game from each Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. I.e. 8 of the 15 finalists will be found this way.
    • A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 3 will along with me discuss and vote to determine a group of 30 wildcard players who will play in 2 Semi Final Wildcard Games. From each of these two games, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game. The Jury will then decide the last finalist.
    • The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall hold the title of Season 4 Champion.

The setup

MOUNTAINOUS:
    12 Vanilla Townies
    3 Mafia Goons

We’re going back to basics for Season 4. Each season we’re changing it up, and for this season it’s finally time to play without any power roles or abilities at all. Pure mafia. You have only yourself and your reading/bluffing abilities to count on.

Relevant mechanics info
    • Day start.
    • Deadline Lynch w/ Option for Majority starting Day 2. I.e. when day timer runs out, person with most votes will be lynched. However, day can also be ended early (starting Day 2) if there is ever a majority of votes on one person.
    • If there is a tied lynch, one of the tied players will be randomly lynched.
    • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
    • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize them into games with deadlines that suit their preferences).
    • Thread is locked during Night Phases.

3. Season 4 Timeline

The first Qualifying Game is currently set to start April 24th. Additional games will take place in the 1-3 months following. I will create a Doodle and find out the best times to start the various games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

Kind regards,
    Thingyman

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Skype (thingyman) or Discord (Thingyman#6075).

---

tl;dr everyone invited to mafia championship, we should confirm participation and elect player; very active; setup 12/3 vanilla; champs from first two years allowed back, so Murska is technically eligible again
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2017-04-05 at 12:00 AM.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

24. - Top - End - #864
    Bugbear in the Playground

Send Murska if he has time, Cuth is a decent alternative otherwise.
    Just my 2 cents on this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Send Murska if he has time, Cuth is a decent alternative otherwise.
    Just my 2 cents on this.
    I'm fine with Murska being our alternate, but I think we have plenty of fine players to send someone new as our primary. I nominate Saposhiente.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #866
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm fine with Murska being our alternate, but I think we have plenty of fine players to send someone new as our primary. I nominate Saposhiente.
    Saposhiente went season 2 so if we want to send someone new, he's technically in the same boat as Murska.
    I'm nominating Cuthalion mainly cause I know that he's active enough and comfortable enough for the games that will be hosted there. I think alot of other players here would struggle with the activity level required.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Troll in the Playground

I have time, insofar as I manage to keep myself afloat my usual responsibilities. I would not begrudge Cuthalion the spot either.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Saposhiente went season 2 so if we want to send someone new, he's technically in the same boat as Murska.
    I'm nominating Cuthalion mainly cause I know that he's active enough and comfortable enough for the games that will be hosted there. I think alot of other players here would struggle with the activity level required.
    Ah. Then I withdraw my nomination as Sapo for our primary. New blood, I say!

In addition to the already noted Cuthalion, off the top of my head, Lex-Kat, Indarra, Aventine, and Ramsus are all top notch players that I think would do fine representing the playground. I don't know if any of them can better represent a different community, but I find them to be native Playgrounders.
    Last edited by Logic; 2017-04-05 at 07:44 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #869
    Troll in the Playground

I'd have time as well, and would also be absolutely fine with Murska playing.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

Xihirli for president!