New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC II

"As can I," Jadeite interjects, "And likely with much more easy and fluency than Surdrak."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Artorias flashes a grin towards the elf "I knew we kept you around for something!" He quickly turns his back to the elf before he can respond.
    "I say we take him with us, he can probably defend himself and I'm sure Alim wouldn't mind getting some fresh Wyvern Venom samples"
    He flashes another toothy grin at the goblin.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Badger listened in silence as the group debated whether to take the wvyern along. Naga, taking advantage of the distraction dashed over to the pile of scraps Kheel was playing with and grabbed a choice scrap from under the creatures nose. As Kheel lunged to try to retrieve it Naga let out a low deep growl that seemed larger than the dog himself.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Surdrak rolled his eyes and folded his arms.
    Despite everything, its still me.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

I expect Kheel can handle himself in a fight, he is a dragon after all. And for the record, I too can speak with him. Perhaps though we should ask him whether he wants to come?

he then turns to the wyvern, Kheel, we are going on a trip to find a lost girl, would you like to come with us?
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

6. - Top - End - #96

Badger sighed in exasperation and threw up her hands. "Don't tell me, Sora and Elsee have this wonderous ability as well and you shall all converse while leaving me the bumbling fool."
    Last edited by Athedia; 2013-07-19 at 08:52 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97

"The noble draconic language, a wondrous ability?" Jadeite shakes his head with a smile. "It is the ancient language of dragons, spells and magic. It is the only language Kheel knows."

Kheel rises up a bit, growling deeply at Naga and baring all his long, sharp teeth. He rips the scrap from Naga's mouth and takes to the air, hovering near the ceiling as he chews it and says, "Going where?"
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-07-19 at 08:22 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98

Naga ran to Badger whimpering. Glaring at Kheel she pointed toward the floor gesturing for him to return to the ground. Once he did she lightly tapped his nose and shook her head. "Well he will have to be nicer to Naga then. My dog is staying with us, this may I mention illegal creature is leaving once Feliks is healed enough."
    Last edited by Athedia; 2013-07-19 at 10:17 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99

Kheel snarls at Badger, a slight curling of his lips, and flies to the ceiling corner of the room.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Sora, having giggled at Badger's comment on her being able to speak draconic, jumped with a start at the scene of Kheel taking off and Badger's angry reaction.
    H-Hang on. Before we can decide, lets make sure we ask the guildmaster or someone. This is an extenuating circumstance.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

[U]You are most certainly not the bumbling fool, this job is kept for Elsee. You are our brooding and dramatic team-mom while Artorias is our team-dad. We are a big and happy family of very good friends who probably won't devastate each other the moment they turn their backs.[U]

Surdrak made a face and leaned back.

[E]Undercommon is basically common but reversed. Even you could learn it[E].

Oh Surdrak you slobbering ****.

Thank you I'm happy you are in my brain too. Stop trying to take over the speech control. Last thing I want is you communicating with stuff other then the Darkwater spirits.

12. - Top - End - #102

Badger raised an eyebrow at Surdraks unintelligible ramblings. "If we take Kheel I think I have his first meal planned."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Artorias deadpanned "No feeding guild-mates to hungry dragons no matter how annoying or weird they are, bad for business"
    Just call me Dusk

14. - Top - End - #104

"Now Artorias, I believe Badger has a point. In fact, one could consider a role as wyvern feed an overall improvement." There's a slight bite to his words.

Spoiler
    Show
    so were taking Kheel? I'm walking to the doctor right now, and while I live the heat this is nuts. It's a hundred and my cleavage is a river of sweat outside and humid and sunny to boot. It would be better if it were 10-15 degrees cooler, perfect weather for swimming but not much else. Anyway, I'll post forward when I can, if I have to wait A while at the doctor, which I probably will.

15. - Top - End - #105

Spoiler
    Show
    Of course I read that spoiler after taking a sip of water.

"Fine, no feeding him to the wyvern." Badger sighed, it could never be that easy could it. "Just, just keep both the damned things away from Naga."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee wasn't present for these chattings unfortunately, she had gotten up early that morning to attend to some "business" just outside of that city in the swamps. She knew a guy who knew a guy who was looking for a magic weapon of his own, and the first guy's cousin just happened to be a strong enough mage to be able to enchant masterwork items himself, and the hobgoblin (the guy who wanted said magic weapon) wasn't unable to afford a masterwork weapon of his own. So, while most of the guild was still asleep, Elsee left the guild to meet up with the two fellow goblins and their Hobgoblin friend, working out a trade with them, Cecil's magic Rapier, for an enchantment on her father's masterwork Kurkri. it wouldn't be as "special" as the one her mother did granted, but like hell were they ever going to find out right?

By the time the exchange had been done, it was already late into the morning, hunger driving Elsee to grab a bite to eat on the way back to the guild, as she had most certainly missed breakfast by now.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107

By a happy coincidence, Elsee returns to the guild at the same time that the rest of the party is about to head out. Almost on cue, as they decide to bring Kheel along, Leif appears with several papers bundled together, which he presses into Badger's hand.

"It's an official Senator's permission to bring Kheel out in public in the city. That should keep you from getting stopped by the guards."

They thank Leif and hurry out of the guild; they need to make time and only have a little over an hour to travel a few miles in the morning heat and crowds of people going to work. Kheel flies close above, a makeshift collar around his neck that he growls and gnaws at until Jadeite, Surdrak, and Alim tell him to stop. Repeatedly.

For the first time in a while, people stop and stare at them and the wyvern.

Finally, the group makes it to the Docks, which looks seedy even in the morning light. The cobblestones are covered with evaporating fluids that may be mainly seawater. The taverns are closed at this hour, but there are still drunken sailors sleeping outside, and in just a few hours they'll be filled with rowdy sailors and mercenaries spending all their pay on ale and prostitutes (who are also not explicitly on the street at this hour).

The twin moons of Aequar tend to even out the tides, but anyone looking at the actual docks themselves can see the high and low tied lines cleanly demarcated by barnacles latched to the thick dark wood.

It takes the group a while to find the ship, but they eventually see the captain flagging them down.

A wyvern too? Oh, I hope I picked right by you. Come on aboard, we don't have much time."

The ocean breeze catches their hair and sends it streaming behind them like a banner. The salt from the ocean is in the air and refreshes them with every breath. Even on the ship, the sounds of the sea seem to quiet down, and are replaced by lapping waves, billowing sails, and the cries of seagulls. And then with a cry of, "Set out!" the rope is loosened, and a gust of wind propels the ship off the docks.

They are setting sail.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the hastiness of the post, I've got to go run errands with my mom.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Surdrak loved the sea.
    His cousin was a captain of a battleship.
    Well until his ship sank down while battling an enemy Kagoan Paladin captain intended to destroy the family by holy right.
    The paladin didn't make it and his crew became pirates, maybe they are still alive by now?

So the crabs, will we sea them in this journey?

Crabs live on the sea-floor and the sandy beaches so no we will not see them.

And the octopuses?

I don't think they live at this part of the world.

19. - Top - End - #109

Badger tried to calm down but the boat lurched as an off wave knocked against it. With that she left her companions to the sides of the boats and huddled out of the way in the center. Not that the boat was any calmer there, but she didn't have to worry about falling over the side at least.

Naga curled up beside her whimpering. Both had a look in there faces that seemed to wish that this was all a horrible dream.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Artorias quickly climbed up the mast towards the crow's nest, enjoying the strange mix of calmness and excitement that heights always gave him.

Up there, smiling as the waves made the ship sway (and oblivious to The Badger's discomfort), the young man couldn't help; but think to himself "I could get used to this"
    Last edited by Dusk Eclipse; 2013-07-20 at 07:36 PM.
    Just call me Dusk

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee sneered and joined Badger by the base of the mast at the centre of the ship, the salty air already taking the same effect as before and dulling her mind. She wasn't seasick, but the extra salt intake seemed to create a fairly lethargic gobliness with glazed-over eyes and lack of focus and apparent trouble thinking. She muttered under her breath as she looped an arm with Badger's and rested a head on the human's shoulder.

"Lets makea deal, you let me know if any of the sea-starved guys start givin us trouble, 'nd i'll do the trouble of jumpin around 'nd stabbing them. just... point me in the right direction or somethin...
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112

The rocking of the ship, though making her queasy was slowly lulling Badger to sleep. Wouldn't be to bad either, if the ship sank and she was asleep, seemed rather peaceful. Normally these thoughts would disturb Badger, but at the moment the sounded nice. No longer having her stomach threaten to journey outside of her body sounded nice as well. "Naga can lead. I think he can smell." Naga didn't look to happy, the poor dog was sneezing as the salt spray occasionally in the air hit their faces.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Sora, while stumbling a bit with the rocking of the boat, is for the most part managing quite well in the swaying of the boat. Upon seeing Badger not doing well, she hurries over and bends down to her.
    "Are you okay, Badger?"

24. - Top - End - #114

Badger looked up blearily at the figure in front of her. "Sora? That you? Please tell me mercy killings are allowed by Astrid."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Sora half chuckles , half sighs and goes to sit next to Badger.
    "No. Not unless the most extenuating circumstances is that allowed."
    She looks over Badger and Naga.
    "We could ask the captain for some potions of curing sea sickness. They should have some for the passengers and sailors that may get sea sick. And if we get a potion for you and Naga, we can try to see if the resistance spell helps keep you from getting seasick in the future."

26. - Top - End - #116

"Now," says Jadeite, "A mercy killing won't do you much good. Here, I got you some good food."

Jadeite has indeed brought a tray of good food. A tray of extremely thick, rich food that is not at all suited for someone suffering from nausea.

Interestingly, Hemlock doesn't appear as alert as he normally is.

Spoiler
    Show
    Have to run errands and then go kayaking. Will post as soon as I can.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-07-21 at 08:59 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Sora looks disapproving at the elf.
    "Why do you have to be that way Jadeite?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Surdrak euphorically stares at the horizon, discussing sea-related things with his closest friend.

Upon the mention of food, Surdrak twirls the required degrees to face the main mass of the group and walk forward.

This whole trip reminds me of my uncle! And I think I'm starting to miss him, which is weird, I never felt that way before...

Surdrak frowned.

Aw I made myself sad...

He went back into his former position, stunned with these new feelings.
    You see, in his homeland, when a family member died or turned crazy, they would be burnt with little more then a farewell.
    Looks like Surdrak's stay at Runite will make him realise what other horrors are terrifying and wrong?

29. - Top - End - #119

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Sora looks disapproving at the elf.
    "Why do you have to be that way Jadeite?"
    "What way? I'm simply providing food to someone clearly ill and unable to walk to the mess hall. I'm such a good friend."

Less than a minute later, a hobgoblin sailor, his dingy hair hidden in a bandana, comes over with a few bottles, each filled with a thick green liquid. He passes them around, saying, "This should help."

Shortly afterwards, the group hears a high-pitched female voice shriek from belowdeck, "What the heck is that giant flying lizard?!"

30. - Top - End - #120

Badger stumbled upright, nursing the bottle. The potion inside tasted nasty, but helped keep her organs from shifted more than they already were. "Alim, Jadeite, NOT Surdrak come with me. You handle Kheel, I can talk to the girl. Alim make sure Jadeite does NOT terrorize the passengers.