New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC II

Badger's last two arrow strike the rogue's chest, and he falls over, dying.

"No! Dammit, you'll pay for that!" the ranger screams ineffectually.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ranger's in Kheel's talons and at 0 HP, everyone else is dead or dying.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Artorias walks apparently calm towards the ranger caught between the wyvern talons and says:

"And whom will pay for Elsee's death? Also don't move to much, he likes when his food sqirms" he nods at Kheel withnthe last words.

"Jadeite! Could you ask Kheel not to eat this piece of trashArtorias momentarily slips into elven language.

Spoiler
    Show

Artorias would say kheel to stand down himself; but he doesn't know Draconic
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

3. - Top - End - #213

"Kheel! You can eat him later!" Jadeite shouts.

With a grumble, Kheel settles down on the ground, though he remains covering the barely-conscious ranger, his wings draped over his form, his taloned feet gripping tightly into his torso and shoulders.

"Feh, you think it's my problem?" the sole surviving pirate spits, all the angrier as there's not much else he can do. "Then she shouldn't have killed him!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Even if the ranger escapes from the grapple, he's hitting -1 the moment he does so from the exertion. For the moment, combat is over.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-08-03 at 04:08 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground

Badger rolled her eyes and dismissed the seaweed. Jumping over all the bodies she reached the dying rogue. If this was the only way to make the ranger cooperate she would do it. Swinging her pack off her shoulders she set to work.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal Check (1d20+8)[18]
    using healers kit.

EDIT: The DC is 15 and that should stabilize him.

"He should live now, happy. Murderer."
    Last edited by Athedia; 2013-08-03 at 05:08 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Surdrak jumped over to the pirate ship and walked towards the corpse of the cleric captain.

Tie the wounds of all of them. They may have bounty on their heads, and usually bounties are on living people, not corpses.
    I'm going down there to check their stuff.
    Good job everyone. [D]Well done, Kheel[D].

Surdrak proceeded to do so.
    Despite everything, its still me.

6. - Top - End - #216

"No," says Jadeite, carefully making his way over to the ship. "It would be best to kill them. We won't have to worry about watching or feeding live prisoners, and any bounty would be on their heads. It did not specify whether those heads must be attached to bodies."

The rogue stops bleeding so much under Badger's care, but he remains unconscious. The ranger pinned by Kheel glares hatred, but remains silent.

Spoiler
    Show
    By shouldn't have killed, he was talking about the half-orc Elsee killed.

Rolling treasure now, then dinner.

7. - Top - End - #217

"We aren't taking them. I would have let this one die if I didn't have questions. The rest can burn." Badger spat as she spoke. The creep could save these murderers if he wanted, she would not lift another finger.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Fine then. At least save the captain. He might face a trial somewhere and get jailed and executed. Or we can just kill him now in a streak of anger. Elsee dying was among the last things I wanted to happen, so don't think I'm only interested in the gold. In fact I will pay the full price to her revival. Or they would if they are rich enough.

Surdrak entered the ship.

9. - Top - End - #219

"I think we killed the captain," Jadeite says, kicking aside the halfling's head as he stands beside Kheel.

"Why let them burn?" he says to Badger with a grin. "That's simply a waste of useful bodies. And why not put their corpses to more use? I'm sure that their undead bodies will be of much more use to society than their living forms ever were!"

Even below the ship looks smashed in; Surdrak can see light streaming in from where the deck was ripped apart, and see the scorch marks where fire or lightning appears to have struck. Looking closer, pushing aside the seaweed from Badger's spell, he can see that the deck appears to have been clawed apart--the floorboard were not simply pried up by an inorganic force or some storm.

He appears to be in a storehold or larder, though it's relatively empty. There are a couple barrels of pungent grog, and some boxes of dried meat and fruit, likely stolen from a merchant ship. If Surdrak pries open a box he can see juicy sweet yellow gems of dried pinapple, picked and candied from an island further south and shipped north by some unlucky ship. Now they warded off the pirates' scurvy, at least before they were killed.

Surdrak is about to turn and leave and search the rest of the ship when he sees a presumably nondescript bag lying by the candied pineapple.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-08-03 at 06:30 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Slowing his pace of chewing candied pineapple, Surdrak ogled the bag curiously.
    He is so glad he can detect magic at will.
    And also because he ate candied pineapple.

He opened the bag.

Spoiler
    Show
    Passive implying yo!
    Last edited by super dark33; 2013-08-03 at 06:34 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221

Badger:

The surviving ranger tries to flip off her and Jadeite, but can't quite manage. "You want to talk to the captain? Well, guess that's me now, 'cause the old one's dead as driftwood!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Athedia, feel free to interrogate the ranger at any time.

Surdrak:

Each juicy piece of pineapple is an edible gem, and expensive as the term would suggest back in Runite (though the price is dropping, every year).

The bag in his hands is magical, and even without his abilities he would know that the moment he opened it. The inside of the bag is far bigger than the outside, and the contents shimmer and gleam, sparkling off the light that filters in through the holes torn into the hold. The bag is filled with hundreds of gold pieces, with several flecks of pale platinum interspersed. And there are six beautiful gems in the bag as well: two pale red-orange tiger eyes of jasper, a pink gnarled hunk of coral, dried and shaped almost like a hand, two shining smooth black pearls the size of his eyes, and the crown jewel, a gleaming glittering vivid-red star ruby.

As Surdrak plunges his hand into the bag, he also finds, swimming in the sea of coins: two sealed potions, a tightly-bound scroll, a ring, and a stout wand. All five of these items are magical.

And finally, he sees another bag, also magical and sealed shut. Scrawled on its side, in Draconic, is the word Emergency.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bag of holding, yo!
    Inside of the bag of holding is the following:
    1800 GP, 2200 gp of gems, two potions, a scroll, a ring, and a wand.
    And there is also another bag of holding, with "Emergency" written on its side in Draconic.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-08-03 at 07:50 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Surdrak takes the emergency bag and opens it.

13. - Top - End - #223

When Surdrak opens the bag, he sees several more scrolls, all of them radiating stronger magic than the first one he saw, and separated into a couple different schools of magic. He also sees a few rather large non-magical items that seem more personal than anything else, and enough dried meat and fish to feed the crew for a week, if there wasn't enough food on board already. The rest of the bag is filled with coins.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Surdrak took both bags on his person and kept looking around. He was holding to find prisoners or whatever.

15. - Top - End - #225

There are no prisoners and no remaining crew. Other than the flies and rats, there is nothing living belowdecks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dinner, then headed home.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Slightly disappointed, Surdrak remembered the pineapples and was filled with joy again. You can't stay mad with these around.

He ran up to the deck.

These pirates were loaded! They have a lot of exotic foods in storage from ships they probably raided! Artorias! Come and help me bring these to our ship!

17. - Top - End - #227

Badger looked up from where she was bandaging and tying up the prisoners. "You got to have found more than food. And remember Kheel ate a bunch of our employers food, this ships food should go to them."

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Rope (1d20+4)[20]

18. - Top - End - #228

At Jadeite's instruction, Kheel lifts up one foot, then the other, allowing Badger access to the pinned ranger. She ties him fast, even as he glares and shouts the occasional curse.

When Surdrak comes out of the hold and tells about the treasure, he shouts, Damn you! That's ours; we got it fair and square! Paid our ship as the price!"

19. - Top - End - #229

Badger tested the knots, tugging the rope tighter. "And we paid my friend. I think that comes out fair. Anyway, if you had this treasure, you had no need to attack us, luck doesn't like the greedy."

20. - Top - End - #230

"We needed yer ship," he spits. "And ya weren't exactly keen on handing it over to us. None of you are."

21. - Top - End - #231

Badger raised an eyebrow. "I recall myself asking if you were in need of help. We could have taken you to the next port, and from your reaction you had plenty of money with which to get another ship."

22. - Top - End - #232

The ranger looks up sharply at that, confusion plain on his face. Then anger. "Lies! The moment you saw our bloody you've just left us or turned us in to the gallows!"

23. - Top - End - #233

Thumbs down Re: Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC II

"Or maybe they wanted slaves," Jadeite says, too coldly to be mild.

24. - Top - End - #234

"Until recently you were just innocent travelers in my mind. I was willing to believe you had been attacked before you assaulted us. And gallows, no. I do not support death for past crimes, there is always hope for redemption. Badger looked pained at the ranger's suggestion.

Sighing as the others explored the ship she pushed herself up and walked over to Elsee's body. She rummaged in the little goblins hair for a moment and winced as she felt a sharp bite on her finger. Carefully she moved Lil' Miss from her cooling perch and onto the back of her neck. It disgusted her, but Elsee had cared for this creature and it was all she could do.

Carrying the corpse back to the ranger she sat down stroking the tangled mess of hair. "My name is Badger, this here is, was Elsee. She was a brave little thing, far braver that I am. Who are you, and who is your friend over there?"

25. - Top - End - #235

The ranger just watches in silence. Finally, he growls, "...Avram. "

Spoiler
    Show
    im having the same problem that admiral had with the slavers! And on on my phone now too.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Artorias rage had somewhat calmed down by the time he had finished helping Surdrak to unload some of the cargo they found on the galley of the pirate ship, even to his untrained eyes he could see that the damage done to the vessel was not caused by nature, something had attacked the pirates.

Once done Artorias aproaches the Badger and the pirate, now identified as Avram, he leans on the railing near them and starts talking.
    "Before I begin, I suggest you really think before answering me, you are in a really bad position; but it can and will get worse if I don't like your answers, are we clear?" At this he levels a glare at him.

"Now, what happened to your ship?"
    Just call me Dusk

27. - Top - End - #237

Avram stares at Artorias and his bloody glaive. He mutters something but otherwise seems to remain resolute.

"What was that?" says Jadeite, striding over and running a finger along his neck. "I'm afraid I couldn't hear you over your pulse." He gently presses down on the pirate's jugular. "Don't worry, I have a spell which can easily dry up that problem. And I'm sure your corpse will be much more talkative."

Avram mutters the same thing he did before, but a bit louder. This time, they can make out the word, "Dragon."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Dragon? What Colour and what size?

Aw bollocks.
    Aw yeah!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

"You are doing fine so far, go on" Artorias kept his voice level; but inside he couldn't help but worry Dragons, specially True dragons were dangerous and he couldn't help but wonder if they would be able to face one in their current condition.
    Just call me Dusk

30. - Top - End - #240

"...A bronze dragon, I think. Or copper? I can never tell. Are there even orange dragons?" Avram growls, dropping off in the second half as if talking to himself more than anything else.

He raises his voice. "So that bag is rightfully ours! We got it off that dragon fair and square!"