New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC III

Artorias puts all his strength into the attack, and it pays off. He smashes the skeleton dog to bits.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Surdrak aims a blast at the skeleton dog.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[19]
    (3d6)[14]
    Despite everything, its still me.

3. - Top - End - #63

The skeleton dog explodes as the blast hits it, sending bony shrapnel flying everywhere. Only the zombie alligator is left, and he is already turning to flee from Sora's divine power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kheel and Badger are up, only the zombie alligator is left.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Badger aimed her bow at the fleeing... creature. Her lip raised in disgust as she let her arrows fly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rapid and Point Blank Shot with normal bonuses for a total of +9 to hit and +2 damage,

Attack 1: (1d20+9)[19]
    Crit 1: (1d20+9)[15]
    Damage 1: (1d6+2)[4]

Attack 2: (1d20+9)[21]
    Crit 2: (1d20+9)[27]
    Damage 2: (1d6+2)[4]

5. - Top - End - #65

Both shots slam into the zombie alligator's back, but though they seem to sever the spine, and the alligator's tail goes slack, the zombie doesn't stop moving yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kheel's turn--bring it on home!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Kheel flies up to the final remining undead and bites into it, tearing a chunk of flesh away in what was hopefully a deadly strike.

Spoiler
    Show

attack: (d20+8)[27]
    Damage: (2d6+3)[5]
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67

Kheel's attack is just enough, and as he tears away part of the zombie, it stops moving. As the wyvern settles to the ground, the room goes quiet, except for some blubbing noises as the bodies sink into the muck, and the occasional dripping of blood.

"Badger! Artorias!" Jadeite runs over to the two guild members who very nearly died, though with his wound he stumbles over a pile of bones. "Are you okay?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Combat over. Anyone want to search the room? I'll give out exp now and roll for treasure in the next room.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-12-12 at 10:04 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68

"Where is Naga. I heard him! If Elsee let something happen..." Badger ran into the previous room, pushing her upper body into the hole and shouting down it. "Come here boy, come back here."

9. - Top - End - #69

After a moment of silence, Badger hears Naga's faint bark. It takes about thirty seconds, but she eventually sees Naga bounding over to her as fast as he can on his short legs. He looks mostly okay, but every few steps he seems to pause and almost stumble on both feet.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Kheel's attack is just enough, and as he tears away part of the zombie, it stops moving. As the wyvern settles to the ground, the room goes quiet, except for some blubbing noises as the bodies sink into the muck, and the occasional dripping of blood.

"Badger! Artorias!" Jadeite runs over to the two guild members who very nearly died, though with his wound he stumbles over a pile of bones. "Are you okay?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Combat over. Anyone want to search the room? I'll give out exp now and roll for treasure in the next room.
    "We are alive, that is all that matters Artorias starts walking towards the door, but the lack of blood and general exhaustion makes him stumble ugh, does anybody have a potion? I don't think I can much longer like this"
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

11. - Top - End - #71

"I have a few healing potions," Jadeite says, passing one to Artorias and another to Badger.

Spoiler
    Show
    More after dinner in a few hours.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Surdrak takes out two ceramic rods and a skull of a sparrow.

Break these over the wound. Works as well as a potion.

He gives Artorias and Badger the rods, and the skull to Jadeite.
    All have markings on th

I met a witch who made these sort of things. She also grew fruit to be inscribed with healing spells. The ceramic rods are from Kago. It was developed to be used by soldiers in the war.

13. - Top - End - #73

"I'll just chance the potion for now. Those things look like they might last longer." Badger gulped down the potion.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"I have some potions as well if you guys need some."
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

15. - Top - End - #75

Jadeite's potions help Badger and Artorias, though they don't remove all of the damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    He gave both Badger and Artorias potions of Cure Moderate Wounds.

Badger CMW: (2d8+3)[13]
    Artorias CMW if he wants: (2d8+3)[12]

Anyone want to look around?

Meanwhile, Jadeite is busy examining the remains of the skeleton dogs. Looking more closely, he and other can see that all the skeletons are shaped and sized slightly differently, as if each one belonged to a different mix of large breeds.

"Have there been any reports of missing dogs, whether owned or stray, recently?" he asks, turning a long bone over in his fingers. "Considering that our mysterious man has also zombified alligators, which are both easy to find and generally considered a nuisance, I am inclined to think he killed and skeletonized stray animals. He's clearly practicing his arts, but I doubt the chokers we faced were under his control--you saw how one of the alligators shredded the largest one, right?"

Jadeite clenches his fist around the bone, and sets his jaw in a harsh line. "There are rules that must be followed for necromancy. My ancestors implemented them for a reason."
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-12-12 at 07:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Artorias downs the potion in record time, he smiles abit as he feela the magic knitting his wounds and replacing his blood.
    "Thanks Jadeite, so are those tentacled things called Chokers? " Artorias waits for him to answer, the elf nods. " And since this necromancer isn't controlling them, I assume they are not undead... what are they?"
    Just call me Dusk

17. - Top - End - #77

"They're called aberrations," Jadeite says. "Bizarre and perplexing creatures, likely resembling the ones in Surdrak's mind. They often have...unique anatomy and physiology." He lifts up one of the dead chokers by a single tentacle and lets the rest tangle; it looks well-fed except for the past couple of days. "I believe some of the labs were studying these aberrations and so raised a few in captivity. These must have escaped in the explosion yesterday."

There's little of note in the room right now, but there are scuff marks and signs that things were dragged from this room to others, presumable after the depression in the center of the room started flooding. The water in the center of the room is dank and muddy and slimy. It's only a couple inches deep at the edges but feels like it gets deeper closer to the center. And the water's so murky nobody can see the bottom.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey wait!" Else rolled her eyes as Naga ran off, the sound of Badger's call escaping her less-sensitive ears.Whatever, she was alone now, she could take care of herself. she was only looking after all right?

Elsee moved back to the gap in the tunnel to the third room, peering inside and taking a look around.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79

Ah. Now this room looks interesting. Sloping gently upwards, this room seems to have many of the supplies and furnishings that were dragged in from the previous muddy, flooded rooms. There's two workbenches, one with a rat skeleton on it, the other with what appears to be a half-finished brewing apparatus. There's a box of potions under the bench, and what seems to be a couple of sealed chests by the other bench. One has a small pile of what appear to be rat bones around it. Both the benches have small idols to Golek, the stony goblin and hobgoblin god, on them.

Off in the corner there's a large vat filled with an unidentifiable liquid. Two dead dogs, their throats cut and bled dry, are soaking in the liquid. It appears to be dissolving their flesh.

There's a door leading to another room. There appear to be no monsters in the room at all. But...

Elsee only:

Spoiler
    Show
    Elsee can see a trap above the door to the previous room her friends are in. There are several large logs on a sloping containment platform. If her friends open the door without disabling the trap, the logs will smash onto their heads, and continue rolling to crush anyone behind them until they land in the swampy part. And her friends barely made it out of that fight; Badger and Artorias nearly died.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee groaned and carefully snuck into the room as silently as she could, approaching the device over the door and attempting to disable it to the best of her ability.

Spoiler
    Show
    Disable device: (d20+3)[5]

as it turns out, the "best of her ability" was... not very good.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2013-12-13 at 02:30 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

Elsee:

Elsee hops down from the opening and makes her way to the trap, trying to tug on the wire so it triggers before her friends open the door and rain logs on themselves.

Her attempt to prematurely trigger the trap is a resounding success. Unfortunately, she's standing right under it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (d20+8)[13] against AC 20, including Trap Sense
    Damage: (2d6)[3] AND Elsee is pinned under the logs.

Elsee manages to dive out of the way as the logs smash to the ground and roll to a rest against the door.

Everyone else:

You hear an extremely loud crash coming from just behind the door.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-12-13 at 03:32 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

"What the hell?" Artorias is on his feet and runs towards the source of the noise, he spares just a moment to check if the door to the other room is trapped (considering how things have been going, he believes it is the best course of action). He spares a moment to break the rod Surdark gave him.

Spoiler: Checks
    Show

Search (1d20+11)[23]
    Disable Device (1d20+8)[10]

@super dark: What cure spell is in the rod?
    Just call me Dusk

23. - Top - End - #83

There wasa trap on the door, but it seems to have just been triggered. A limp piece of wire comes away in Artorias's hands.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

"It is safe, something or most likely someone Artorias thinks to himself already triggered the trap in this door, so it should be safe."
    Just call me Dusk

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Light cure.

Surdrak looks around the room. he also attempts to see inside the marshy area, maybe to spot somthing not before seen.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[12] search check upper right area of the room.
    (1d20+1)[8] Spot check marsh area.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Artorias opens the door carefully to peak into the next room

Spoiler: Healing Rod
    Show

(1d8+1)[7]
    Just call me Dusk

27. - Top - End - #87

Surdrak can't see anything in the muck.

As Artorias opens the door, two large heavy logs roll down to rest against his boots. If he steps out of the way, they continue rolling until they splash into the muck. Elsee's sitting next to where the logs were, the other half of the broken wire in her hand.

Sloping gently upwards, this room seems to have many of the supplies and furnishings that were dragged in from the previous muddy, flooded rooms. There's two workbenches, one with a rat skeleton on it, the other with what appears to be a half-finished brewing apparatus. There's a box of potions under the bench, and what seems to be a couple of sealed chests by the other bench. One has a small pile of what appear to be rat bones around it. Both the benches have small idols to Golek, the stony goblin and hobgoblin god, on them.

Off in the corner there's a large vat filled with an unidentifiable liquid. Two dead dogs, their throats cut and bled dry, are soaking in the liquid. It appears to be dissolving their flesh. At first glance, there appear to be no monsters in the room at all.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey Elsee, had any troubles?" Artorias greets the goblin while he makes his way towards the chests, carefully checking them for traps; at this point, I would be surprised if they weren't trapped he complained to himself before getting to work.

Spoiler: Looting checks
    Show

Search Take 10 for 21 total
    Disable Device if there are traps (1d20+8)[16]
    Open Lock Take 20 for a total of 28 (since opening locks is a full round action, this should take 2 minutes.

Just call me Dusk

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee just sneered and forced herself off the ground, brushing off the gunk that had caked itself onto her butt from the force of the fall as she did so.

"Ohhh you know, long giant shafts knocking me off my feet, tentacles before that, nothing out of the ordinary for me."

With nothing better to say then that, Elsee scampered off to get a better look at the idols decorating those benches, she figured this would be closer to her expertise then anything else, as she doubted a cleric of Astrid nor a bunch of humans and an elf would know more about her own gods then her.

though her writer is not sure which if any checks should be made for this.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

"Elsee, is necromancy common among goblins and hobgoblins?" Jadeite asks as he inspects the dogs dissolving in the vat. "It's a shame they have to practice their craft illegally, and in secret."

Elsee Knowledge (Local/Religion, DC 15):

Spoiler
    Show
    It's not particularly common at all.

Elsee:

The idols are not particularly ornate; they're not something an especially devout person or cleric would have. But Golek is the god of goblins and hobgoblins.

Artorias:

Artorias was right to be cautious. The moment he leans down to inspect the larger chest, it springs to life and attacks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Chest is a mimic. Map won't be up for a bit but let's just say everyone's in attacking range.

Attack: (d20+9)[22]
    Crit: (d20+9)[11]
    Damage: (d8+4)[11] and Artorias is automatically grappled.

Initiative:
    Surdrak: (d20+3)[22]
    Jadeite: (d20+2)[18]
    Badger: (d20+4)[11]
    Sora: (d20+2)[3]
    Artorias: (d20+2)[8]
    Elsee: (d20+4)[23]
    Kheel: (d20+2)[16]
    Mimic: (d20+1)[10]