New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Dusk Eclipse's Eyes of the Lich Queen IC

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    "I'm NOT cranky." Xan crossed her arms and glared at Kaarna, hurriedly unfolding them as she realized how her statement had backfired. "Well, I'm not. Cautious. And I have every right to be. Anyway what's with you? Gleefully talking about killing one second and trying to... what are you doing now exactly?"
    Kaarna raises an eyebrow, looking smugly amused."What, I can't talk to you just because I threatened you?", She shakes her head."I'll never understand you people. It's not like I even wounded you. Anyway, it was boring on the roof and there's nobody else here. Or well, Scholar only replies with facts or one word sentences. Hard to hold a conversation like that. Besides," Kaarna twists her face to an overly sad expression that would convince no one, "I don't think she likes me at all."
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-05-07 at 03:31 PM.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

2. - Top - End - #1472

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    Kaarna raises an eyebrow, looking smugly amused."What, I can't talk to you just because I threatened you?", She shakes her head."I'll never understand you people. It's not like I even wounded you. Anyway, it was boring on the roof and there's nobody else here. Or well, Scholar only replies with facts or one word sentences. Hard to hold a conversation like that. Besides," Kaarna twists her face to an overly sad expression that would convince no one, "I don't think she likes me at all."
    "I just wanted to know your angle this time." Xan settled down, trying to get comfortable. "And what do you mean by 'you people'? I thought it was made clear that I am nothing like them. If anything, I'm closer to you, well kinda. How much flexibility do you get with that shifting thing anyway? It looks useful." Xan stayed silent for a while. She kept looking toward the door and then finally sighed and spoke. "Don't ask me about Scholar. With my luck Adrianna and Soren would manifest and I would get another wallop."

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Colossus in the Playground

Soren stalks off to the next shop, rubbing his arm where Xan grabbed him. As he picks up the bracers and turns them over in his hands, he also turns over her words in his mind.

It wasn't their fault. Blake was acting like a crazy person until they realized what was actually going on. And Xan is such a jerk! Calling people foolish, acting like she doesn't care when people die?

He pays for the falcon bracers, in too foul a mood to offer more than a smile to the shopkeeper as he leaves, and continues running over their argument in his head. If she does care, then why is she acting like she doesn't?

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Adrianna follows Soren as he moves off to the next shop. She can tell quite soon that he is upset as none of his usual cheeriness is present when he talks to the store owner for his gloves. When he leaves, she has to take longer strides to keep up with him.
    "Uhhh... Is something the matter?"
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

5. - Top - End - #1475

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Adrianna follows Soren as he moves off to the next shop. She can tell quite soon that he is upset as none of his usual cheeriness is present when he talks to the store owner for his gloves. When he leaves, she has to take longer strides to keep up with him.
    "Uhhh... Is something the matter?"
    "What's with Xan?!" he blurts out, a bit more explosively than he intended. Soren quickly realized this, however, and drops his hands. "Sorry. But what's with Xan? Why is she such a jerk, or at least acting like she doesn't care and saying such mean things?"

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

Adrianna shrugs.
    "Well yeah. It doesn't make complete sense, but I do understand a little bit. There was no reason for you guys to really know to leave except in hindsight. But you are alive, and that is important. I think that's the part Xan is focusing on, maybe?"

7. - Top - End - #1477

Griffon

"I just wanted to know your angle this time." Xan settled down, trying to get comfortable. "And what do you mean by 'you people'? I thought it was made clear that I am nothing like them. If anything, I'm closer to you, well kinda. How much flexibility do you get with that shifting thing anyway? It looks useful." Xan stayed silent for a while. She kept looking toward the door and then finally sighed and spoke. "Don't ask me about Scholar. With my luck Adrianna and Soren would manifest and I would get another wallop."
    Kaarna snorted, a lopsided smile lingering on her lips. "Oh, but you are like them, much so. You think like them and act like them. Everyone here does", she waves her hands in a wide circle, "With all these weird habits and rules. And you take offense from the smallest of things, but then don't even act on it properly." The witch snorts again and shrugs, "Oh well, it's not much my concern, really."

"As for changing form, I either shift or don't, there's little middleground. I suppose I could try to stop midway, but it's awfully uncomfortable, I should think. And I can't keep at it for long anyway, which is damn annoying, if you ask me."
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-05-11 at 05:17 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1478

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    Kaarna snorted, a lopsided smile lingering on her lips. "Oh, but you are like them, much so. You think like them and act like them. Everyone here does", she waves her hands in a wide circle, "With all these weird habits and rules. And you take offense from the smallest of things, but then don't even act on it properly." The witch snorts again and shrugs, "Oh well, it's not much my concern, really."

"As for changing form, I either shift or don't, there's little middleground. I suppose I could try to stop midway, but it's awfully uncomfortable, I should think. And I can't keep at it for long anyway, which is damn annoying, if you ask me."
    "What is acting properly to you? Fighting? That gets you dead." Xan sprawled backward on the bed, stretching her arms behind her head as she stared at the ceiling. She loosened her boots and kicked them off hearing them hit the floor away from the bed. "Indefinite for me. But to be honest, after some time it feels like a muscle that needs to be stretched."

9. - Top - End - #1479

Adrianna shrugs.
    "Well yeah. It doesn't make complete sense, but I do understand a little bit. There was no reason for you guys to really know to leave except in hindsight. But you are alive, and that is important. I think that's the part Xan is focusing on, maybe?"
    "Exactly, so why call them fools for staying? Or call me a fool because I didn't know what was going on at first?" Soren folds his arms and looks at the ground. "I dunno, maybe that's what she's focusing on. But they're not alive and the whole country died and it hurts and it's sad and I don't know what I said to set Xan off the first time for her to say we were stupid for not listening to Blake at first!"

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    "Exactly, so why call them fools for staying? Or call me a fool because I didn't know what was going on at first?" Soren folds his arms and looks at the ground. "I dunno, maybe that's what she's focusing on. But they're not alive and the whole country died and it hurts and it's sad and I don't know what I said to set Xan off the first time for her to say we were stupid for not listening to Blake at first!"
    Adrianna shakes her head.
    "To be honest, neither do I. I think that's something you'll need to talk to her about."

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually I do know what set Xan off, but Adrianna is unsure.

11. - Top - End - #1481

Adrianna shakes her head.
    "To be honest, neither do I. I think that's something you'll need to talk to her about."

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually I do know what set Xan off, but Adrianna is unsure.
    Soren's face falls. "Do I have to? She'll probably yell at me or be really rude again."

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Soren's face falls. "Do I have to? She'll probably yell at me or be really rude again."
    "Ugggghhhhh!"
    Adrianna puts her head in her hands.
    "Just when I get Scholar and Xan to make up, you two decide to get at each others throats!"
    She stops Soren and then puts her hands together, before pointing them at his chest.
    "Okay... Look. Xan has to travel with us to... well, you know... so you two will have to make up. And if I have to, I will mediate to get the two of you talking to each other again!"

13. - Top - End - #1483

Griffon

"What is acting properly to you? Fighting? That gets you dead." Xan sprawled backward on the bed, stretching her arms behind her head as she stared at the ceiling. She loosened her boots and kicked them off hearing them hit the floor away from the bed. "Indefinite for me. But to be honest, after some time it feels like a muscle that needs to be stretched."
    Kaarna snorts loudly. "I don't fear a fight." While she's talking, Veca clambers down from her hair and unto the windowsill.

"So...", Kaarna looks up and down, "This is what we'll be doing from now on. Sit here neatly until that blasted dragon sees fit to talk to us?" The prospect doesn't seem to be to her liking.

14. - Top - End - #1484

Spoiler
    Show
    The thread's reached 50 pages, so:

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

The Fullmetal Mod: Raise Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature