New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast

Thread: Shipping itp

1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping itp

Is that reason have something to do with the You Thread?

Anyway, after a 36 hour writer's block, I'm slowly getting ideas for Rose/PhoeKun.

EDIT: Cancel that. It returned.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-08-06 at 11:35 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Is that reason have something to do with the You Thread?
    No. However, I'll add that to the list of reasons.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ettin in the Playground

I want the next Playground Bride act!

Also: TRD: I don't see any blood... >>

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Because s/he is away for the month.
    Indeed. What I had in mind was an artistic ship, however. I'm no brilliant writer.

That said, I'm no brilliant avatarist either. Oh well.
    Last edited by Calamity; 2008-08-06 at 11:12 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

My next shipfic is gonna use three people. Two female, one male. Get those thoughts out of your head. You'll see later.

I've got TRD and PhoeKun, now I need one more woman. Volunteers? Oh, you'll be evil.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-08-06 at 11:56 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

I've got TRD and PhoeKun, now I need one more woman. Volunteers? Oh, you'll be evil.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

Lol, it just occurred that I need another male as well. Dunno if that changes your mind much.
    This avatar by Phase.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Bugbear in the Playground

*volunteers*

I'm pretty male!
    Click here for whining.

Click here for kitten.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

I can be evil! But Genderbent Lyinginbedmon hasn't been shipped yet, so better go with her.

I want a ship with my WW1 soldierboy avatar. He should know love before he has to go over the top to his certain death, don't you think?

(He's gay, btw. Even gender-bent, I still don't really see myself attracted to a girl. But that's a suggestion rather than a restriction--I have no problems with anything anyone chooses to write. If it can get past the forum censors, then I can't really imagine it will offend me. )
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ettin in the Playground

Lol, it just occurred that I need another male as well. Dunno if that changes your mind much.
    Heh, what about undisclosed?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

11. - Top - End - #701
    Firbolg in the Playground

@Phoe: you stop writing that fic and I will personally hunt you down, pluck your feathers off and slow roast you (alive) at gas mark 6 for two hours twenty minutes with rosemary and lemon rind.
    Then serve you.
    Really, do not stop writing it. I love it, I recognise the story (hell, I read it twice a month for three months because I loved it so much); I love the format, I love the language, and I even love how the characters have been set. Curly = King Arthur; 'zira = Guievere methink.
    Also; if you stop writing that a petition will be started.
    *nominates Phoe for most awesome fic yet*

@DRider: well, it's 'zira's turn to write the next chapter/scene.

@Rose: this is looking to be a good fic. For proper reviews get the first chapter up.

Skippy/Bath:

Cleanliness Is Next To Godliness
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rain.
    And more rain.
    Sifting down out of the lead sky determined to coat the world in souls of rainbows. Little pearlescent drops adorned the dark hair of a young Mexican stalking through the empty streets of London.
    And boy, was he furious.
    He'd been splashed by more cars and buses in the last twenty minutes than he had in the past month. And all because of him.
    A doctor really couldn't write legibly to save his (or someone else's) life. Still, it was nice of him to do this. He arrived at the office (finally) and entered it.
    "You silly twit! You can't write for toffee and now the antimatter Sora's gotten worse. Look!" Al that was left of the proffered (but incredibly tiny) person was the face. The doctor reached up to stroke his moustache, but rubbed squeakily over a shaven face. He reached for a pen and drew one on very artistically. Then he rubbed his mustache. "Hmmm, looks like he's had his colours inverted. Take him back to his maker and get him to inverse the greyscale 200% and retweak the eyes for better equality."
    "Thanks very much Bath, now what's the cost of that bit of advice?"
    "20p for a wet wipe to get the 'tache off and the price of a meal. You're paying, so you choose where."
    "A date? You can't be serious!" The good doctor drew frowning eyebrows on the shiny white porcelain. "See the angry eyebrows? See them? I'm serious m'boy. You always were a favourite afer all." Flushing slightly Skippy took the Bath out for a meal and, over a nice spot of tea, agreed to meet again the next day for fun and a tour of London.
    And maybe more.

Part One of the RHL/Saurous saga (you know, I'm tempted to name this as well, this'll prolly be the last part):

For You - by RHL
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I lost to Memnoch?!"
    She cringed at his last words, glancing at the trophy for Necromancer itP she had won. Worthless, now.
    RHL, then masquerading as QoM, had fought through the ranks of her competitors, ran through all of the political motions she hated, debated and even been insulted, to prove herself as the Necromancer of the Playground.
    And she had done it all in an attempt to attract his attention, his notice. Perhaps not affection; she couldn't dare hope for such a thing from him, but acknowledgment... that was what she had striven for.
    All for nothing. He had glared at her with undiluted hatred, so pure she had felt it radiate through her body, burning, scarring, ripping her internal organs to nothing.
    "I just...I just wanted you to see me..." The trophy fell from her hands and she left it there, dragging herself off to do...something. Anything.

Part Two:
    What Did I . . . ? (Sequel to RHL's For You) - by Curly
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I just...I just wanted you to see me..." The trophy fell from her hands and she left it there, dragging herself off to do...something. Anything. Saur bent down and picked up his trophy in triumph. "This is mine." Smirking uncontrollably he looked at the retreating back of QoM and the smirk collapsed in mid-party.
    "She wanted me to see her?" Comprehension dawned. "Oh, Hell!" She loved him. And he had crushed her frail butterfly emotion.
    He shouldn't mind. He shoudn't at all. But her falling face and the shattered emotion which filled that simpled sentence kept him from doing anything.
    The crowd was still there. Watching as the half-elf's face went through a gamut of emotions, finally falling on concern. Dropping the trophy he'd destroyed her for he ran after QoM cursing himself under his breath.
    Perhaps if he told her, begged for forgiveness they could repair the hatchling romance she'd thought to nurture.
    "Please let her forgive me."

Part Three:
    Forgiveness - by Curly
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps if he told her, begged for forgiveness they could repair the hatchling romance she'd thought to nurture.
    "Please let her forgive me." His thoughts, normally so calm and sarcastic were frantic. He was a necromancer, she was a better one; but what if they couldn't resurrect how she felt. Why in the name of Hell did he just think that thought?! So cliched; but he meant it.
    Finally he caught up with her. Her rather, she stopped and he stumbled up to her side and grabbed her by the elbow. "Queenie; listen to me. I am so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you when I said that. It was harsh even for me. And that's saying something. Look, I've asked this of anyone before, but can you please forgive me?"
    She only stared at him, drowning him in her hurt silence.

For the first time in any of his lives he felt, to his horror and, yes, even shame that tears had made his eyes blur. He couldn't even plead one more time, such was the lump that obstructed his throat.
    He was afraid to blink lest he cry.
    She nodded. "Thank you. For the apology. And for using my first name." He gave a slight smile and slid his hand from her elbow into her own, slightly chill hand. She looked down at their hands. Then up at him. "Shall we go Queenie?"
    "Yes."

What? I like happy endings.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-08-06 at 01:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

For a happy ending, I quite like that series. Nice job, RHL/Curly/...also Curly, I think. EDIT: Yup.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-08-06 at 01:50 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Banned

I am afraid I cannot support that ship, Fri. I support a pair that I have promised the parties involved not to disclose the details of. I screwed up once, in private. I don't intend to do it again and in public. So no supporting Evilruteest for me.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Lex-Kat...

Nice. Although I'm not sure if that counts as beastiality...
    Except, he kinda requested it.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Fine with me. As long as no other males are involved.

Females, it's(Constructs, inanimate objects and such are fine) and such are fine.

If I'm paired with a velociraptor, I'm dominant.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #705

Quote Originally Posted by rubakhin View Post
    *volunteers*

I'm a pretty male!
    Fixed that for you. I know, I know, but it was too good to pass up.
    Avatar by Sneak - The Midnight Son by Ceika
    No more a lone wolf, The Midnight Son rides again.
    Give thanks ye mortals, for he rides on the wings of an angel.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #706

Open ended. Try to imagine who's writing to whom. No, the letters below aren't to the same pair or they'd be in the same spoiler. Feel fre to 'write back' or hypothesise who's writing/receiving the letter.

Misc:
    Letters
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear One,
    When was the last time we spoke, swapping words on a screen that glowed as brightly as my cheeks do whenever I read your simple missives.
    I can't help but rechoice in them. So simple, but flowingly elegant as if they just trickle in a joyful bubble from your heart onto the screen. You show me your soul every time you write.
    That's what I love about you. And the way we interact. Your unconcious revealing of the purest you. Heh. Corny isn't it? But you do.
    This may sound like flattering, but as far as imitating you goes I find I can't. I'd never be able to.
    I don't want to.
    I like to think I know you. But sometimes you're different. Heart stoppingly beautiful; or raw as an unpolished jewel. And once or twice you sent me a note of such unbearable pain it made me cry until my eyes ran dry.
    And you act as sunny as ever on the forums, hiding your pain. I think. But even in private you get over them so fast. Do you really?
    I want you to.
    Somehow though, I think you're hiding from your own self. Can't I help you? One person can't get through life on their own.
    Even if it's just as a friend I want to help you. If it's more than a friend I want to help you no more, no less. I wish to hep you with every possible fibre I can no matter how you treat me.
    Please talk to me.
    Ever yours, Curly.

Spoiler
    Show

Heyhey!
    Look, I was just thinking; if a rose was called another name, what would it be? It would have to be a beautiful name to match the simple elegance of the flower.
    It would have to be soft, like its scent on a warm summer day.
    It would have to be kind. No harshness to mar its personality. But at the same time strong and independant. To reflect its thorns.
    Almost impossible wouldn't you say?
    Yet I think it's possible if we apply your name.
    What do you say?
    Phoe, what do you say?

Spoiler
    Show

I don't know if I'm sending this to you as I type this.
    I might just delete it. Or close the window. I am too shy to start off knowing I'm sending this.
    Or maybe it's what I want to say to you. Or maybe it's that I don't know how you react.
    I love you!
    I've said it. It's not pretty, or couched in elegance or anything like what you deserve. But it's the truth.
    Lykan, I love you.
    I just hope that I have the courage to send you this. I really do. I want to.

EDIT: Wow! 25 pages. I thought it'd be dead by now. *boogies*
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-08-06 at 04:03 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

17. - Top - End - #707
    Troll in the Playground

Curly: Love the Bath/Skippy one. Love the shocked way Skippy reacts, and the attention to Bath painting on his face.
    Plus, its just funny.
    RHL/Saur... was not expecting that to get anything more. But, you brought it about, and I'm incredibly pleased. Even with the cheezey lines. Hell, the cheezey lines make it sweeter.
    Ick. Sweet Saurous

And, I swear, I'll have the Rairai/George Harrison one up SOON. Plus, there might also be a picture-sequel to Ten Thousand Years coming.
    Maybe.
    I have a job now >>
    Last edited by RabbitHoleLost; 2008-08-06 at 04:11 PM.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

A Mere Conversation: Curly/Bath
    Spoiler
    Show
    - What you doin'?
    - Nothing much, really, y'know?
    - Oh.
    - Yeah.
    - Well.
    - To..
    - Yeah?
    - To... be honest, I've been thinking of you(?).
    - (flushed) Serious?
    - Yeah.
    - Wow, I've... Been thinking of you too.
    - That's... That's great.
    - (smilingly) Yeah. Yeah it is.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

Whoa-oa! Letters is just plain cool. I like the idea behind them.

And wait... You're doing a drawing sequel or something of Ten Thousand Years?

...I had the same thought actually... Illustrations.

It's past my bedtime. My typing and train of thought is getting loopy.
    This avatar by Phase.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Troll in the Playground

Whoa-oa! Letters is just plain cool. I like the idea behind them.

And wait... You're doing a drawing sequel or something of Ten Thousand Years?

...I had the same thought actually... Illustrations.

It's past my bedtime. My typing and train of thought is getting loopy.
    Especially now that I see you also have a thing for the Cranberries.
    Perfect.
    There may even be a written sequel now...

Kaela, shortly sweet and elegant. Sort of like those sweet little wafers. Just that little bit of sugar to pick you up

— Iain S. Thomas

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Kaela, shortly sweet and elegant. Sort of like those sweet little wafers. Just that little bit of sugar to pick you up
    Why, thank you. And Khan too.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

22. - Top - End - #712

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Curly: Love the Bath/Skippy one. Love the shocked way Skippy reacts, and the attention to Bath painting on his face.
    Plus, its just funny.
    RHL/Saur... was not expecting that to get anything more. But, you brought it about, and I'm incredibly pleased. Even with the cheezey lines. Hell, the cheezey lines make it sweeter.
    Ick. Sweet Saurous
    Thankee, thankee. It was his avvie that made me do the drawing thing. I mean, it's a white, porcelain bath! Who hasn't wanted to draw on a bath? And it's the only way he can show his expressions too.
    And I'm glad you don't mind that I stole and ran away with RHL/Saur. And I sort of took advantage of the fact that sweet Saur wouldn't know anything but cliches (on account of him never being sweet, ever) and as it's from his POV I thought it'd work quite well.

@Kaela: dammit. Short and sweet. How the hell can you pack so much meaning into so few words?

@randman: And though I'm not running out of ship ideas it was nice just being able to write something without revealing a specific target for the letters. And in two of those cases there were. Oooh, had an idea for one more of the

Letters

Spoiler
    Show
    Why do you think I'd love you?
    I only wanted to be friends. And now you ruin whatever friendship we had.How coud you take my words for anything other than a small token of friendship. Hell, we barely speak and you tell me that every time you read one or even a post it makes you happy?
    I guess it's nice to think that you like me. It's even a bit gratifying really. But even if I felt slightly the way you thought I did, or the way you claim you do I wouldn't want to enter a relationship with someone I've never met.
    I'm not the kind of person who ever would.
    If you claim to know me as well as you did in that PM you sent me you'd know it by now.
    I'm sorry. But it's best if we stop PMing each other for a while. I don't want you to harbour any feelings (ill or of love) to me any more. I can't even say with honesty that I actually want to PM you any more.
    I'm really sorry.
    I really am 'zira.

Yeah, I didn't want to add names to that one, but I had to in the end.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

Aww, I don't like that last one. 'Ships aren't meant to be sad!

Whoever the other person is is a jerk. I just hope it's not meant to be me... D:

And that is just too sweet Kealaroth. I can feel the cavities...

24. - Top - End - #714

I didn't like writing it, it felt really mean which is why I didn't want to name either person.

*asks Bath about whether or not he liked Phoe's epic*

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

25. - Top - End - #715

Damn, that is really sad.

*hopes it's not me either*
    Click here for whining.

Click here for kitten.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Banned

It was about me.
    Sorry 'zira....

27. - Top - End - #717

Yes, it totally was. Now noone think about how I got hold of it. Or why someone admitted it. Or why I aired someone's dirty laundry.
    >.>
    <.<

You know what though, it's a fair copy of a note my friend got sent. I hope noone's ever got a PM like that for real from here.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone have any requests for me? If not, that's fine, I'll just keep on making random stuff.

@ Bath, and Curly: Glad you like it.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, it totally was. Now noone think about how I got hold of it. Or why someone admitted it. Or why I aired someone's dirty laundry.
    >.>
    <.<

You know what though, it's a fair copy of a note my friend got sent. I hope noone's ever got a PM like that for real from here.
    Wait... I don't understand what you're saying here. The story was mighty sad though.
    ...I have a terrible wisdom penalty, methinks

@Kael: Your ships are super-awesome, just to let you know.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    Anyone have any requests for me? If not, that's fine, I'll just keep on making random stuff.

@ Bath, and Curly: Glad you like it.
    I want Kaela to write Kaela/someone love.
    Please? D=

— Iain S. Thomas