New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussi

Szilard, you are constantly listed as "offline", do you do that on purpose, or do you log in only while making a post, then log off/close the window. Don't think I've ever seen you with the green light.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussi

Could we please get onto a topic of conversation that's at least partially relevant to the thread?

3. - Top - End - #453

It be called "Invisibility Mode". Enables from "edit options" in the user cp.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

A glance at Szilard's profile tells me that the page doesn't list the last time Szilard's been online.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

5. - Top - End - #455

Oh yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    I have those. I can export them to here tomorrow, as I'm posting this on my laptop.

EDIT: Forget who, and that's really bad.
    You posting them soon?

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin 89 View Post
    Oh look it's Olimar from Pikmin.
    Where?!

Nothing beats Ontario.

NOTHING
    HELL YEAH!

*high five*
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-01-13 at 07:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

I turned invisibility on a couple months ago.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Where?!
    In Plot 3 maybe?
    Him and his mutant vegetables... I will bring the full fury of Haaluite law upon him when I can be bothered!

9. - Top - End - #459

Huttah!

Teh templates...
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

Still quite Tuesday for us Canadians (and possibly for those cowboys to the south. I

I live in Texas...

EDIT: Shades of gray, Holy crap. Is there a way to transfer things you find on the internet into inkscape things!
    Last edited by CrimsonAngel; 2009-01-13 at 08:19 PM.
    ____

11. - Top - End - #461

Crim; yep, it's called "tracing".

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    I live in Texas...
    The tell me, is it fun to be a cowboy?

I can imagine it is, because cowboys are so cool, second only to myself, us Canadians, pirates, ninjas and occasionally monkeys on the awsome-o-meter.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Huttah!

Teh templates...
    Spoiler
    Show

Gorbash Kazdar made 'em. He's taken them down now, but I'm fairly certain it was him.

14. - Top - End - #464

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Gorbash Kazdar made 'em. He's taken them down now, but I'm fairly certain it was him.
    Correct .
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

And go hang with Hawaii... Alaska can come too.
    Ahhhhh Motherland!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Could we please get onto a topic of conversation that's at least partially relevant to the thread?
    You've obviously forgotten what thread you're in.
    Huttah!

Teh templates...
    Spoiler
    Show

I was working on one of those mega template sheets to.. I should probably update it, seeing as it's all about half a year old. Stupid time, damn thing just wont stand still.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Banned

The tell me, is it fun to be a cowboy?

I can imagine it is, because cowboys are so cool, second only to myself, us Canadians, pirates, ninjas and occasionally monkeys on the awsome-o-meter.
    However on the awesome-o-meter, Vikings riding giant eagles are waaaay above you.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    I vaguely remember someone having a nice template sheet that they used for making characters. Had weapon designs, body outline, things like that.

Question, who was it?
    I made body templates, but not weapon ones. Maybe I should... but I just copy-paste from past works. Let me know if you want it, anyway.

I can totally legitimately post here, cuz I had a go at the very first one!
    <.<
    >.>

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    However on the awesome-o-meter, Vikings riding giant eagles are waaaay above you.
    I found something even moar awesome:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-01-14 at 11:20 AM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I found something even moar awesome:

Spoiler
    Show
    OMYGAWD!!!
    VIKING KITTIES RIDING GIANT EAGLES!!!
    WIN!!
    Also, any comments on my new avvy?
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-01-14 at 11:31 AM.

20. - Top - End - #470

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussi

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    OMYGAWD!!!
    VIKING KITTIES RIDING GIANT EAGLES!!!
    WIN!!
    Also, any comments on my new avvy?
    Don't stretch it. The Vikings can ride giant eagles but the cats must ride something smaller, their might liesv in cuteness and giant eagles with them on just looks silly (small flying boats with Viking kitties would be awesome)

Also: fun avvy
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-01-14 at 11:40 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Don't stretch it. The Vikings can ride giant eagles but the cats must ride something smaller, their might liesv in cuteness and giant eagles with them on just looks silly (small flying boats with Viking kitties would be awesome)

Also: fun avvy
    The viking kitties obviously ride non-giant eagles.

And Bears. Viking Kitties riding Bears...With Laser Vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    The viking kitties obviously ride non-giant eagles.

And Bears. Viking Kitties riding Bears...With Laser Vision.
    Bears with spikes.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    VIKING KITTIES SKINGING IMMIGRANT SONG!!!!!!11ONE

Also, what are you doing here?

25. - Top - End - #475

I'll tell you what I'm not doing here. I absolutely did not do a search for my own name, find it here and decide to comment on it, then got suspiciously directly reminded of an old site I used to like. No sir-ree.
    <.<
    >.>
    But I really did take part once!

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Don't make me mad again Nameless (), Brc (Hi..) and Serpentine (whom is a good artist I heard). Bears are silly with cats on them and lasers aren't improving it but eagles on the other hand...

On a different topic that video don't make sense since a) Vikings didn't have horns in their helmets, b) Scandinavia aint really cold, c) Wich western shore could they sail to while leaving the coast, and d) They only sang when drunk wich they wheren't while sailing.
    But else it's fun.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

a) Vikings didn't have horns in their helmets, b) Scandinavia aint really cold, c) Wich western shore could they sail to while leaving the coast, and d) They only sang when drunk wich they wheren't while sailing.
    But else it's fun.
    A) probably not, B) it is quite cold, depending on what you compare it with and where in scandinavia you are (Denmark is quite tropical I've heard ), C) western shore? the baltic nations and russia ofcourse - the swedish vikings did that. D) I personally think worksongs have been sung on many a vikingship while putting your muscles at work by the oars.

And didn't Gorbash Kazdar put up a quite big collection of templates for weapons, clothes, harstyles and bodies?
    Last edited by Elder Tsofu; 2009-01-14 at 12:56 PM.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Don't make me mad again Nameless (), Brc (Hi..) and Serpentine (whom is a good artist I heard). Bears are silly with cats on them and lasers aren't improving it but eagles on the other hand...

On a different topic that video don't make sense since a) Vikings didn't have horns in their helmets, b) Scandinavia aint really cold, c) Wich western shore could they sail to while leaving the coast, and d) They only sang when drunk wich they wheren't while sailing.
    But else it's fun.
    Cold is a relative term, I'm sure Scandinavians wouldn't consider it cold (I'll need to ask my norwegian cousin that), in the same way that, say, arabs may consider their homeland Hot.
    The horns in the helmet thing is not true though, that is widely acknowledged.
    Also, please stop taking random silly things as insults to your cultural heritage, it gets kinda annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

29. - Top - End - #479

But else it's fun.
    Well, the song's actually a classic by Led Zeppelin, but aside from that:
    a) No, though the Celts did. It's just a popular image, and I don't think they were really going for historical accuracy.
    b) Uh... Yes it is At the very least, bits of it are, at the very very least it is in winter, and furthermore there were/are plenty of Vikings in Iceland, which is plenty cold.
    c) Assuming "western shore" could refer to "shore to the West", it'd probably be the UK.
    d) I find it hard to believe any people only sing when drunk.

Seriously though. It's a video of kittens. Viking kittens. Wielding weapons. On a boat. Why the bajeebus are you complaining about that stuff?

Elder: I don't even belong in this thread, and even I know someone already posted those templates

I mean... Yes I do belong here <.<

30. - Top - End - #480

Imp

Serpy, Keveak perceives any references to vikings as slights against his cultural advantage. We don't know why. Don't bother questioning it, just ignore/make fun of him, that's what we do.

Pictured: Average Scandanavian Male
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.