New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Kiwi's Kinkily Knotted and Kookily Kickass Random Banter #114

It's back!
    And I got to leave early (about half one) on Monday and had a snow day for the first time ever yesterday. Good times. Every single school and college in the county was shut.
    I had my first ever snowball fight Monday and built my rst snowman yesterday. College was open today though. I had five people in my first lecture (thesixth showed up halfway through though) out of fourteen and thirteen out of twenty five in each of my three other lectures though.
    Skivers most of them I bet.

@DeeRee: I'm the same. At the moment I have three tabs and am going to be opening four more as soon as I hit submit. Music and stories mainly. And one for my E Lit courseworok.
    Funny thing about my coursework though:
    Today we had to hand in our draft intro to work over and discuss in class, but I had to do mine in fifth, well, I was planning to. But I ended up helping Female Anime E Lit Friend for most of it; finding her sources, proofreading and suggesting changes and what needed to be added.
    Basically, ended up doing mine in ten minutes. Plus I was kind of on TVTropes at the same time. And another site. And telling her about MirrorMask. A film that made me say "What?!" every five minutes or so. I highly advise watching it, written by Neil Gaiman and amazing CGI graphics, plus it's a bit od a mind screw.
    Back on tangent.
    I have about fifteen or so lines of average intro, and in class I end up going through her introduction again on paper making more suggestions/grammar points and then I ask/get asked to do Male E Lit Friends' intro as well. I agree , go through it, make formatting changes, grammar changes, ak for elaborations, suggest this gets moved . . . teacher stuff I guess.
    When E Lit Lecturer gets around to our trio I've literally been going over mine for about a minute or two and when he gets to Female E Lit Friend he says, "So what's Koorly said this time?" ((I like helping her with her work, especially the coursework))
    "She marked in red this time."
    He agreed with everything I'd said and made a few other suggestions. Then he went to Male E Lit Friend, agreed with everything there, told him to tighten the focus, looked at mine: "Yes, that's a good, brisk introduction. Take you long?"
    "Sort of, but as you can see, I've mostly been helping these two."
    Then Male E Lit Friend said, "You know Lecturer, you should give her half your wages for this." Lecturer semi - agreed.

I'm really proud of that. Sooooo geeky.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

I remember the day when my dad brought home our first modem... a 28.8.

I tell you, it was hot-stuff when we finally upgraded to 56.k! I was able to download the 50mb demo of Diablo I in only three hours!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Curly and DR, I'm the same way too!
    I haz no patience for waiting!
    I do the same thing with TV - I hate commercials, so I always have a "primary" show, and a "backup".
    It annoys the heck outta my roommate.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

4. - Top - End - #214

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Curly and DR, I'm the same way too!
    I haz no patience for waiting!
    I do the same thing with TV - I hate commercials, so I always have a "primary" show, and a "backup".
    It annoys the heck outta my roommate.
    Knowing this, I am not obliged to warn you that if you so much as touch the remote in my apartment I will probably break your hand.

Absolutely drives me crazy...

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the reasons I prefer PC gaming over Consoles is that I like to have a television show or movie playing in the background while I'm gaming.

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    One of the reasons I prefer PC gaming over Consoles is that I like to have a television show or movie playing in the background while I'm gaming.
    I put a stop to that the last time whatever action-type brainless movie my wife had on the TV made me jump out of my freakin' chair when I was playing F.E.A.R....

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Whenever I game, I can't have any outside noise because unlike many people, I actually listen to what is going on in game (PC or console). For example, when I play Call of Duty against people, I actually listen for footsteps. Unfortunately, many of my friends will accuse me of cheating. Even if I'm in a completely different room.
    I like to have any advantage that I can get.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground

That's probably the most unique argument I've ever heard for PC gaming. I like both PC and console, but most of my friends play console, so...

PC has Blizzard and Valve games though, (SC and CS ftw ) so I still do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Ooooh, Zak is back!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Death Knight by Threeshades, Werewolf Knight by boomwolf

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

One of the things I don't really have to put up with considering that my console is in my room and my Tv doesn't seem to pick anything up apart from BBC1, BBC2, ITV1 and Channel 4. Which aren't good unless CBBC is running on BBC1. I usually stick the radio on when I play video games. KERRANG RADIO is cool.
    On another note, hello, I had a powercut tuesday, which meant my dad had to reset the internet router just, good thing to, because I now have a 2 page report on "West Side Story" due in tomorrow (Which was set today because 3/4 of the damn drama class wouldn't listen, bloody eejits).
    Anything interesting happen yesterday/today?
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Knowing this, I am not obliged to warn you that if you so much as touch the remote in my apartment I will probably break your hand.

Absolutely drives me crazy...
    So, Cristo...you inviting me over?
    I'll be a good boy, I promise.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I'll keep out of this one.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

12. - Top - End - #222

Wait...wait...I'm getting...a message...

IT'S A TRAP!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Banned

Ya' know what's more interesting than whatever you were talking about? Helping Zero prove that's the rank of a composition of linear maps must have less than or equal to the rank of either of the linear maps it is composed of.

Why the hell is the rank of TS less than the rank of S?!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn it! Who's the guy who played the older Master in the revamped series of Dr. Who? He play Malvolio yesterday, and I know it's him but I can't remember the name. It's pretty annoying.

Today was slippery, I fell over. v.v

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Damn it! Who's the guy who played the older Master in the revamped series of Dr. Who? He play Malvolio yesterday, and I know it's him but I can't remember the name. It's pretty annoying.

Sorry, can't help you there, I only started watching Dr.Who in the Christopher Eccleston series (I hope I spelt Eccleston right), but from what I've seen (all of it since Mr.Eccleston), it's absolutley amazing, may The Daleks continue to exterminate until the end of time.
    Also, my sister fell over to, yet despite my natural lack of balance and agility, I managed not to fall over and to use my D.T folder as a shield from oncoming snowballs. You do have my sympathy for falling over though, my sister was whining her head off when she got home about how her leg hurt. She had my pity.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, very slippery we had snow for a hour orso....Which melted into icey slippery stuff.
    Luckily I didn't fall.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Derek Jacobi?
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dear Lord. We really are turning into Fahrenheit 451 land where we must have constant stimulus even if it's not what we're paying attention to. @_@

*le sigh*

My roomie is the same way though, he'll leave the telly on comedy central or sommat while he's gaming. I usually prefer to have the television off if I'm not watching it though. Mostly because I don't like most TV... Cuz I'm weird like that.

I think I'm also one of the few people I know who doesn't have some kind of music constantly playing through their computer/iPod/game they're currently playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    Derek Jacobi?
    That would indeed be the one. Heheh. Crossed garters.

@Coidzor: My computer tower is loud enough to drown out all but the most noisy tunes. Woo.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

You know, a tab with a music video playing does the trick too, or the radio. I use these because a laptop is relatively quiet.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

Headphones! Nice big shiny ones with leather bits on.

I don't flick channels, i go out to have a ciggie, or make a cuppa or both.

Also - I have been playin with the Gimp and couldn't wait to try out <- this.
    Why cannot life be simple? I am simple, therefore surely something that i try to do must also be simple

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    At the moment I have three tabs and am going to be opening four more.
    Only seven?
    I currently have umm. *counts* 19 tabs open....
    Spoiler
    Show
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Only seven?
    I currently have umm. *counts* 19 tabs open....
    I had three tabs up earlier, but I rarely go beyond two because my dad plays WoW and that eats up enough bandwidth as it is (WLAN connection)
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

24. - Top - End - #234
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

...I have it now.

Humanity's not going to blow itself up.

It's going to become so ADD that it loses the ability to stay focused long enough to mate and reproduce. @_@
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

25. - Top - End - #235

...I have it now.

It's going to become so ADD that it loses the ability to stay focused long enough to mate and reproduce. @_@
    ...and then we blow ourselves up.

What? All that pent up sexual frustration has to go somewhere...

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

...I have it now.

Hey, I can conce...BUTTERFLY!
    *chases butterfly*

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Hey, I can conce...BUTTERFLY!
    *chases butterfly*
    Fortunately, there will be some of us who can still concentrate, who will now doubt be forced to save the world and do all the reproductive things . I may be 15 and have raging hormones but I can concentrate long enough to get through life without killing myself in the process.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Fortunately, there will be some of us who can still concentrate, who will now doubt be forced to save the world and do all the reproductive things . I may be 15 and have raging hormones but I can concentrate long enough to get through life without killing myself in the process.
    I can concentrate on what I'm working on, but if I get bored, I get a little loopy and start doing...odd things.
    I guess you could say that I am(or almost am) a Spark.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    I can concentrate on what I'm working on, but if I get bored, I get a little loopy and start doing...odd things.
    I guess you could say that I am(or almost am) a Spark.
    Yes, but I am an incredibly focused and avid learner, I'm one of the few people at school who actually like school. I can remain focused on most things, except completely inanimate objects, they bore me to the point where if I looked at them for another second, my head would explode like that guy from The Twilight Zone. Did anyone get the Wayne's World reference?
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Dear Lord. We really are turning into Fahrenheit 451 land where we must have constant stimulus even if it's not what we're paying attention to. @_@

*le sigh*

My roomie is the same way though, he'll leave the telly on comedy central or sommat while he's gaming. I usually prefer to have the television off if I'm not watching it though. Mostly because I don't like most TV... Cuz I'm weird like that.

I think I'm also one of the few people I know who doesn't have some kind of music constantly playing through their computer/iPod/game they're currently playing.
    I rarely have music going either. Not being able to hear the sound when I'm gaming drives me nuts. Only exception is when I'm in vent with a particular friend who has a soft voice. I can't hear her over the game sound, so I turn it off.

The TV in my room isn't connected to the satellite system, so I only turn it on to watch movies. Often while gaming. I actually find myself more able to focus when there's some extraneous stimulus to shut out. But I concluded long ago that I'm odd.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.