New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1523
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XVIII

Hey, I have an alternate UNA navy logo here, just a slight change, wanted to see what people think.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-03-05 at 09:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Troll in the Playground

What's with 3S? Um, that was a bolt. You know, because he has a crossbow.
    ____

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    What's with 3S? Um, that was a bolt. You know, because he has a crossbow.
    The fact that it is a hand-crossbow bolt makes it quite tiny. Maybe launched from the actual crossbow it could be dangerous, but without the crossbow it is basically just a barbed needle.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Hey, I have an alternate UNA navy logo here, just a slight change, wanted to see what people think.
    Good, except for the funny yellow triangle in the upper right hand corner and the black dot in the lower right hand corner. (yes I am just being nitpicky )

@Rot: Yes, vampires have energy drain which bestows 2 negative levels. For every level bestowed, you gain 5 hit points! Here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Good, except for the funny yellow triangle in the upper right hand corner and the black dot in the lower right hand corner. (yes I am just being nitpicky )

@Rot: Yes, vampires have energy drain which bestows 2 negative levels. For every level bestowed, you gain 5 hit points! Here.
    Yeah, that's not supposed to be there, it was just too close when I selected. Ignore it.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Pixie in the Playground

The fact that it is a hand-crossbow bolt makes it quite tiny. Maybe launched from the actual crossbow it could be dangerous, but without the crossbow it is basically just a barbed needle.
    Well i dont know if this is helping but a barbed needle to a Jugular vein, a cartoroid artery, or anywhere near the spine can easily cripple or stun you.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Zerglinkeke View Post
    Well i dont know if this is helping but a barbed needle to a Jugular vein, a cartoroid artery, or anywhere near the spine can easily cripple or stun you.
    But a barbed needle that isn't in one of those places just hurts a little. We don't know where he stabbed her, so it's likely he didn't hit anything critical.
    [/Center]

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Firbolg in the Playground

That's an interesting logo BRC.

Hurt/Heal updated again.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Wait, do vampires actually have an energy drain? I'm not sure, but I think they do. (I don't have a monster manual or anything like that)
    They do have an energy drain, but I don't think it works like you think it does.

Unless Roka the Paladin of Freedom is extremely low level.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    They do have an energy drain, but I don't think it works like you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    Energy Drain (Su): Living creatures hit by a vampire’s slam attack (or any other natural weapon the vampire might possess) gain two negative levels. For each negative level bestowed, the vampire gains 5 temporary hit points. A vampire can use its energy drain ability once per round.
    Doesn't seem to be affected by levels by me. I doubt a touch attack counts as a natural weapon though...

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post

She thinks she's a paladin.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Doesn't seem to be affected by levels by me. I doubt a touch attack counts as a natural weapon though...
    She appears to be paralysed, and if she was very low level a single energy drain would kill her, which could amount artistically to the paralysis, but either way it doesn't work the way it's being portrayed here.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    1. It adds a bit of realism. In real life, not everything has some point. In real life, you stub your toe and say 'ow.' In a movie, someone stubs their toe and you (or, at least I)say 'uh-oh, that's gonna come back to bite them later somehow'. Especially if it's a mystery.
    2. Neither do a lot of things. If we took out everything that didn't contribute to the plot, we'd have to kick out about 20 ABRians (among other things).
    3. So is this argument. I see little point in debating about something because it's 'unnecessary'. This whole debate is, too. Why can't you just drop it and stop wasting time arguing? It won't ruin the plot to have it, it is a very minor detail, and the time we're spending on this whole thing is incredibly pointless. The only reason it could waste our time is that you keep arguing about how much it would mess up the plot.
    4. No, it does not! You don't even have to refer to them as FAIL in your comics, but since it's around there's no reason to debate it.
    5. Yes, it does. Are you even reading my posts? I gave a perfectly good compromise which made perfect sense, and you acted like I didn't change my argument at all.
    6. And ABR was meant to be completely random, with no plot. But it's the plot that's raking in members! Original intent doesn't really make any difference if it's changed.
    7. I know. But oddly enough, the UNA doesn't feel bad AT ALL about annoying the wicked terrorist organization of murderers! Isn't that weird?
    8. Not everybody liked ending FFF 1 either. But it worked out. And this idea hardly has any significance! There is no point in trying to 'disallow' using it in our comics. You can only depict people in your comics saying 'ALF', or 'terrorists led by Igon Minoblendy', or whatever. But I will occasionally feature people saying 'FAIL'.
    1- No it doesn't. Governments don’t give terrorist groups different names, especially silly ones.
    2- The difference is, they are people who want to join, this is a name.
    3- Why can't you just drop it? If it's just a minor detail, why do you insist on it even though no everyone agrees on it.
    4- It doesn't matter that I don't refer to them as FAIL, it's still stupid to give them two names because of the reasons above.
    5- It's not a compromise at all, ALF are still being called FAIL which is what I'm arguing against. If they're still going to be called FAIL then how is this a compromise?
    6- Even when the plot started, it was still quite random.
    7- By annoying, I mean it annoys me, not the fictional characters.
    8- FFF had to come to an end at some point, so do all plots, that's what happens. FI just offered something else to do once it's over.
    You can’t call an organisation a completely different name in a comic where everyone contributes.
    It’s like me calling the UN, STB. No one would know what I’m talking about. You want to make it more realistic, and if you’re the only one in the comic calling it FAIL then technically none of the other characters wouldn’t know what you’re one is talking about because it’s “realistic”.
    9- And how is calling them FAIL realistic? Since when does anyone give a joke name to a terrorist group, or any enemy. Do we have a joke name for the IRA? Hamas? Did we have one for the NAZI's? We have never given a joke name to a group of people who are terrorists or kill people.
    It would be completely unrealistic.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-03-06 at 06:06 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Shouldn't someone make a new thread? Since by the time it's mod approved we'll be at the next page anyways.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

I could make it, unless there's an objection.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    (really long argument in response to the Gremlin's really long argument)
    Could you two please drop this? Please? I thought ALF was agreed on and this is just starting to get annoying. And nothing about how "It was a good compromise" or "No-one would call it FAIL"" or anything like that, because that will just start up the whole argument again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

They have spoken. It's been decided. Now, let's move on.
    [/Center]

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

frown Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XVIII

@Nameless: Fine, non-canon I just wanned to get your character pissed and go badass-mode (it could be repaired by mending or something anyway) I had two reasons to think it wasn't a problem
    1) you did the same in Super Heroics. 2) You've never used it so I assumed it was for show and not important. But I'll make a new comic as soon as I get a new what-the-sword-shall-hit idea (I also assume you don't wanna get hit yourself)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Banned

Thank you.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XVIII

Thank you.
    Your idea is that the UNA calls us FAIL, his is that FAIL is their equivalent in a TV show...What a compromise.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Your idea is that the UNA calls us FAIL, his is that FAIL is their equivalent in a TV show...What a compromise.
    ...you don't even understand the entire argument, do you? It would be nice if you'd pay attention instead of making snide remarks.
    Originally, I was arguing for the UNA to call the ALF FAIL. But then, it turned out that the only guy in agreement, Mad Mask, was joking the whole time. So I decided to compromise. I'm 'arguing' for FAIL to be a sort of nickname which originated on the TV show.
    Pay attention, please.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

frown Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XVIII

...you don't even understand the entire argument, do you? It would be nice if you'd pay attention instead of making snide remarks.
    Originally, I was arguing for the UNA to call the ALF FAIL. But then, it turned out that the only guy in agreement, Mad Mask, was joking the whole time. So I decided to compromise. I'm 'arguing' for FAIL to be a sort of nickname which originated on the TV show.
    Pay attention, please.
    I did pay attention. I'm just saying that his idea don't seem to include it to be said outside the show and yours to be originated in it but spoke by many outside it.

I didn't want to make you mad
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ettin in the Playground

I could make it, unless there's an objection.
    I have no objection to this.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Banned

I did pay attention. I'm just saying that his idea don't seem to include it to be said outside the show and yours to be originated in it but spoke by many outside it.

I didn't want to make you mad
    Sorry, it just kinda struck a nerve. Let me clarify this:

First, the UNA doesn't really call them FAIL that much. It's more the general populace. It started on the show, but then people who watched it started using it. Soon, it was a rather popular name.
    Second, Nameless is against the whole name even existing. Not really sure why, except that he thinks it's 'silly'.
    The way I thought it was a compromise is that I went from the UNA exclusively referring to the ALF as FAIL, and encouraging everyone to do so, to it just being a nickname from a TV show. It would appear that it was not much of a compromise, but that's what I thought.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry I'm not been around recently, college and stuff has kept me busy.

Anyone fighting the black knight, feel free to sort of "leave" the fight if you dont want to hang about for me anymore, I'll try and squeese in a comic if I can but yeah whatever is fine.

You'll get a chance to fight him again later though so don't worry

Have a good weekend guys.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

@Nameless: Fine, non-canon I just wanned to get your character pissed and go badass-mode (it could be repaired by mending or something anyway) I had two reasons to think it wasn't a problem
    1) you did the same in Super Heroics. 2) You've never used it so I assumed it was for show and not important. But I'll make a new comic as soon as I get a new what-the-sword-shall-hit idea (I also assume you don't wanna get hit yourself)
    You can edit the comic and have him scratch me.

@Lemming: The whole point of this thread is to descuss ABR related issues, not to avoid them just because it leads to a small argument.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-03-06 at 12:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

That's exactly what I've been arguing against.

Sorry, it just kinda struck a nerve. Let me clarify this:

First, the UNA doesn't really call them FAIL that much. It's more the general populace. It started on the show, but then people who watched it started using it. Soon, it was a rather popular name.
    Second, Nameless is against the whole name even existing. Not really sure why, except that he thinks it's 'silly'.
    The way I thought it was a compromise is that I went from the UNA exclusively referring to the ALF as FAIL, and encouraging everyone to do so, to it just being a nickname from a TV show. It would appear that it was not much of a compromise, but that's what I thought.
    Did you even read anything I posted? You're telling Kev to pay attention when you obviously haven't payed attention to any of my arguments.

1- No it doesn't. Governments don’t give terrorist groups different names, especially silly ones.
    3- Why can't you just drop it? If it's just a minor detail, why do you insist on it even though no everyone agrees on it.
    4- It doesn't matter that I don't refer to them as FAIL, it's still stupid to give them two names because of the reasons above.
    5- It's not a compromise at all, ALF are still being called FAIL which is what I'm arguing against. If they're still going to be called FAIL then how is this a compromise?
    8- FFF had to come to an end at some point, so do all plots, that's what happens. FI just offered something else to do once it's over.
    You can’t call an organisation a completely different name in a comic where everyone contributes.
    It’s like me calling the UN, STB. No one would know what I’m talking about. You want to make it more realistic, and if you’re the only one in the comic calling it FAIL then technically none of the other characters wouldn’t know what you’re one is talking about because it’s “realistic”.
    9- And how is calling them FAIL realistic? Since when does anyone give a joke name to a terrorist group, or any enemy. Do we have a joke name for the IRA? Hamas? Did we have one for the NAZI's? We have never given a joke name to a group of people who are terrorists or kill people.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-03-06 at 12:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground

But kids TV shows do.
    An additional detail that adds to the setting.
    If we only did what everyone agrees on, then we wouldn't do anything. And then we'd disagree about that too.
    FAIL isn't a name for them, it's a colloquialism used by the public. People can refer to you as both Nameless and the Grim Reaper can't they?
    It is a compromise. Gremlin wanted the UNA to call ALF FAIL, and never ALF, but has now compromised and FAIL is a colloquialism used occasionally by the public. You're the one who's refusing to compromise.
    But now it's a lot more structured, and FI is more structured too. If you don't like it, join SDSB or stick to random kills.
    You may find it annoying, but it's something you'll have to live with.
    He won't be the only one putting FAIL in his comics. And if needs be, we can explain where the term came from in comic.
    It's not a joke name given by the UNA, it's a joke name created for a kids TV program, and draws such obvious parallels to ALF that most people in FI will know what you're talking about if you call ALF FAIL.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

1- No they don't. Since when would a kids TV show involve politics and terrorism? I'm sorry but that makes so sense at all.
    2- It doesn't add anything to the setting.
    3- *Read bottom post.
    4- People don't usually give joke names to a terrorist group though, at least in a "realistic" setting.
    5- Actually, he wanted ALF to be the name, and FAIL to be the name used by the government. So really, now all it is that it's used by the public, so if anything it's going to be used more.
    6- I never said I didn't like it, I'm looking forward to FI
    7- But if it's "just a name" and "no big deal" and not everyone likes it, why use it?
    8- What?
    9- I'm talking about the characters themselves, technically, in a realistic setting, if only a small group of people use the term FAIL such as Gremlin, most people in the setting won't understand it.

*I say the best way to sort this out is a simple vote. Those who want the name being used as a joke by some of the public because of a kids TV show, and those who don’t think it’s necessary to have it in.

I don’t want to use it because it’s unrealistic to give a terrorist organisation that supposedly kills people a joke name from a KIDS TV SHOW that involves serious politics in it for some reason. To me that sounds redicules.
    I also think it's unnecessary and irrelevant.

And also because I find it annoying.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-03-06 at 01:45 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

1- No they don't. Since when would a kids TV show involve politics and terrorism? I'm sorry but that makes so sense at all.
    When it's propoganda. That's when.
    Anyway, if you hate it so much don't use it. Sure it's silly, but people in real life are not 100% serious. I didn't see you complaining about the fox-girl who bludgeons people with a giant bell, Stephen Mask getting killed like eight times and then showing up just fine when somebody else made a comic, The Grim Reaper running around adventuring, a 500 year old revolutionary leader, a hive mind that controls hat-wearing spherical robots, a nation origionally created to handwave peoples sci-fi characters now having a lengthy history, penguins, a giant flying yellow citadel, or countless other "Silly" things in ABR.
    [/Center]