New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1494
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Throne of Thufir's Thoroughly Theoretical and Therapeutic Random Banter #116

I won't say that iced tea is bad, as it seems to upset people here.

I will say that I don't care for iced tea. What has iced tea ever done for me? Nothing, really.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The Throne of Thufir's Thoroughly Theoretical and Therapeutic Random Banter #116

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post

I will say that I don't care for iced tea. What has iced tea ever done for me? Nothing, really.
    Ah, but are you from the land of sweetened ice tea that doubles as humming bird feed? Or from the land of... random iced tea with no sweetness at all, if you're lucky enough to find iced tea to begin with?

That would probably be the biggest determinate factor in whether you enjoyed such things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Banned

Iced tea IS bad! It killed my parents and forced me to watch old episodes of crappy situational comedies that should never have been written and which are all clones of the same tired idea used over and over!

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

The joke's on all of you. I just hate tea in general.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    The joke's on all of you. I just hate tea in general.
    A good hot steaming cup of tea in the morning can be the difference between a good day and a bad day sometimes.
    Also, The Beatles are awesome, but you already knew that.
    Anyway, how are you all on this wonderful day?
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-03-06 at 10:39 AM.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

I dont like the beatles much.
    In fact, I prefer Katy Perry.

With that incendiary comment, who wants to hear about the needlessly drama-filled day I experienced?
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Also, The Beatles are awesome, but you already knew that.
    Meh.

(As if the British needed another reason to hate me.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    I dont like the beatles much.
    In fact, I prefer Katy Perry.

With that incendiary comment, who wants to hear about the needlessly drama-filled day I experienced?
    Katy Perry can sing well, I'll admit that, but she isn't my favourite singer in the world.
    Also, why not, do tell about your drama-filled day.
    *Sits down and listens intently*

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn
    Meh.

We don't hate you, at least I don't. *Thumbs up*

My mood is being greatly improved by listening to Jailhouse Rock by the Blues Brothers, I was feeling pretty good to begin with as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Banned

Meh.

Why, what did you do to me? I KNEW I shouldn't've let you pick up my drink from the bar...

10. - Top - End - #1120

NecromancerGuy

Spew away, M. Aziraphale, Spew away.

Hmm... the rampant acts of the provocateurs in this area remind me of my friend in Washington who keeps putting up facebook statuses to get people to argue with him. Like saying that brunettes all look the same and redheads can't go to the beach because they burn too easily. Ended up with a 40+ comment maelstrom that he just waded into happily.

Rather interesting that. The fellow was rather interesting to begin with, but.... That just takes it to a whole new level, ya know?
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Meh.

*pat pat*

Yeah, I know the feeling of being a musical preference minority.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Iced tea IS bad! It killed my parents and forced me to watch old episodes of crappy situational comedies that should never have been written and which are all clones of the same tired idea used over and over!
    Now now. You can't discriminate against all iced tea just because that one caused you great pain in the past.

Coidzor - I don't know what the difference is between those two lands, but truly I tell you: I don't care for any iced tea.

Edited

@V: I'm sorry, did you say California? I'm pretty sure you meant California when you said that.
    Last edited by Neko Toast; 2009-03-06 at 11:26 AM.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

13. - Top - End - #1123

NecromancerGuy

Coidzor - I don't know what the difference is between those two lands, but truly I tell you: I don't care for any iced tea.
    Sorry, I forgot that you were from Wisconsin. That explains everything. ...I'm sorry.

Terribly silly place, after all. Full of cheese that gets turned into... things which are not cheese in order to be shipped around the country. Wait, I meant Terrifying place, that's the ticket...

I'm gonna... go.... shudder now... as the true horror has yet to hit me.

Edit: oh wait, sorry, that was vomit...

Something funny in the water in this building... I think...

You don't usually get sick from not having eaten anything, do you? Yup... definitely only had that glass of water... hmm...It did taste a bit funny...

I'm-a get sommat to eat just in case that was the problem though.

Umm. I had a point somewhere, but I kinda forgot it.

So, let's just say I was commenting on the Mason-Dixon line and the essential difference in Iced tea outlook between northerners and southerners.

^: Wisconsin, California... Suffice to say they fall outside of the one region.

Also... Owie...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-03-06 at 11:46 AM.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Banned

Could be the water. Could be norovirus. In any case, if the water tastes off, at least let the tap run for awhile before filling a glass to make sure it's not going to go any more 'off'. How glad I am that they are no longer pouring concrete downhill and that I don't have to taste the water to make sure it's not going to turn brown in the next few gallons.

Also, a belated thank you to the people diagnosing my posts. I dialed back the vocabulary and while I've gotten another misunderstanding (from someone on my wavelength, no less), that was after a few days without any.

Wait. Water, construction, antiquated piping, drains, THE SCREWDRIVER! That's what I needed the screwdriver for, removing the drain covers! . . .Still doesn't tell me where said screwdriver is, but it's a start!

15. - Top - End - #1125

NecromancerGuy

stomach virus is going around these parts...

Hmm. Do you have a tool box or tool kit of some sort?
    Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Could be the water. Could be norovirus. In any case, if the water tastes off, at least let the tap run for awhile before filling a glass to make sure it's not going to go any more 'off'. How glad I am that they are no longer pouring concrete downhill and that I don't have to taste the water to make sure it's not going to turn brown in the next few gallons.

Also, a belated thank you to the people diagnosing my posts. I dialed back the vocabulary and while I've gotten another misunderstanding (from someone on my wavelength, no less), that was after a few days without any.

Wait. Water, construction, antiquated piping, drains, THE SCREWDRIVER! That's what I needed the screwdriver for, removing the drain covers! . . .Still doesn't tell me where said screwdriver is, but it's a start!
    The screwdriver is always in the last place you look. Sod's law dictates that it must be so.
    How are you anyway?
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    You can't die yet because no one has yet made a good Discworld movie.
    Two (technically three) books have been made into films. Whether they're good or amazing or bad is up to individual opinion.
    I leave it to the public to decide what it is I think about them.

Now!
    Who wants to hear about my day?
    Noone!
    But you're going to anyway.

French (first) was cancelled so it was a swipe and go. Second was a lesson, but Classics lecturer went home ill after five, ten minutes. Third we made comic strips of III, ii of Malfi. Fourth was a video and fifth was writing dirty, dirty limericks in IPA.
    Basically, I didn't engage my brain until the bus home when I read iv of Paradise Lost.
    Best part though?
    When the Cool Classics CLub discovered they were chucking out all the texts from the previous two Classics syllabi. They let us take whatever we wanted home.
    So I am now the proud owner of:
    Lattimore's poetic translation of Homer's Iliad and
    Three Aeschylus playsincluding Prometheus Bound.
    I was contemplating getting the poetic Lattimore translation of the Odyssey, but I couldn't remember which one I had at home. So I may be picking up the Odyssey and possibly being let keep the Aeneid after the course is done.
    This has been a most excellent day.
    :nodssmugly:
    :smallgloat:

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Two (technically three) books have been made into films. Whether they're good or amazing or bad is up to individual opinion.
    I leave it to the public to decide what it is I think about them.

Now!
    Who wants to hear about my day?
    Noone!
    But you're going to anyway.

French (first) was cancelled so it was a swipe and go. Second was a lesson, but Classics lecturer went home ill after five, ten minutes. Third we made comic strips of III, ii of Malfi. Fourth was a video and fifth was writing dirty, dirty limericks in IPA.
    Basically, I didn't engage my brain until the bus home when I read iv of Paradise Lost.
    Best part though?
    When the Cool Classics CLub discovered they were chucking out all the texts from the previous two Classics syllabi. They let us take whatever we wanted home.
    So I am now the proud owner of:
    Lattimore's poetic translation of Homer's Iliad and
    Three Aeschylus playsincluding Prometheus Bound.
    I was contemplating getting the poetic Lattimore translation of the Odyssey, but I couldn't remember which one I had at home. So I may be picking up the Odyssey and possibly being let keep the Aeneid after the course is done.
    This has been a most excellent day.
    :nodssmugly:
    :smallgloat:
    Good for you. I'm glad someone else has had a good day today too.
    I've also got Blues Brothers in the background, they put a smile on my face.
    *Bursts into song*
    Everybody needs somebody
    Everybody needs somebody to love (someone to love)
    Sweetheart to miss (sweetheart to miss)
    Sugar to kiss (sugar to kiss)

I'll stop now.
    The weird thing is, I don't have a reason for having a good week, I just felt really optimistic and full of energy Tuesday evening and I'm still feeling the same.
    *Thumbs up*
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ettin in the Playground

current song playing:

I love you
    Though the tide may change
    and mountains turn into sand
    I love you
    Till the very same
    come back to the land
    I love you
    And the song that I sing
    Is the only way I can explain

Only it's the live version, so the lyrics are completely screwed up and what I just wrote down is from the album version.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    current song playing:

I love you
    Though the tide may change
    and mountains turn into sand
    I love you
    Till the very same
    come back to the land
    I love you
    And the song that I sing
    Is the only way I can explain

Only it's the live version, so the lyrics are completely screwed up and what I just wrote down is from the album version.
    Cat Stevens by any chance?
    Now I'm thinking whether I should put more Blues Brothers, some Heavy Metal or some Beatles on next. Hmmmmmm, descisions descisions.
    Made my descision, First Revolution by The Beatles, then We Will Rock You, then Bohemian Rhapsody, then Blind Man by Black Stone Cherry, then Iron Maiden, then more Blues Brothers, then Steppenwolf, then ACDC.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-03-06 at 02:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

*is just listening to the "Alternative" on her iTunes*
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    *is just listening to the "Alternative" on her iTunes*
    Hey Kaelaroth, how are you today?

Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-03-06 at 02:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Hey Kaelaroth, how are you today?
    I'm fine. Just dandy. Peachy. Rotting fruit. Mellow. A touch wan, perhaps. As cold as the icy skies outside. Like raindrops.
    Last edited by Kaelaroth; 2009-03-06 at 02:10 PM.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm fine. Just dandy. Peachy. Rotting fruit. Mellow. A touch wan, perhaps. As cold as the icy skies outside. Like raindrops.
    Why are you speaking in a very small font?
    Also, I'm detecting sarcasm for some reason, maybe I'm being paranoid.
    Something wrong?
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

Tonight, I'm feeling very, very, very small.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ettin in the Playground

Tonight, I'm feeling very, very, very small.
    Ah, any particular reason for that?
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a reason for everything. But you're not privy to everything, no matter how many huskies you own or how many dans you achieve. The genitive absolute is easy-squeezy-peasy. Now. To midnight, I shall flee.
    *takes the fairie train out of RB*
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Firbolg in the Playground

*is listening to hours od Disney songs on YouTube*
    Song of the moment: Zero to Hero - Hercules

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ettin in the Playground

There's a reason for everything. But you're not privy to everything, no matter how many huskies you own or how many dans you achieve. The genitive absolute is easy-squeezy-peasy. Now. To midnight, I shall flee.
    *takes the fairie train out of RB*
    I didn't mean to seem invasive, I was just worrying is all.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl
    *is listening to hours od Disney songs on YouTube*
    Song of the moment: Zero to Hero - Hercules
    Best song of the entire movie by far.
    I'm currently on a more heavy metal runway here, Iron Maiden: Two Minutes to Midnight.
    Trying to decide between putting Bohemian Rhapsody back on or to put Blues Brothers on after I'm done listening to Iron Maiden.
    OOH! I just had an idea, Led Zeppelin, Stairway to Heaven! Yes, I'll put that on after Iron Maiden, then The Rolling Stones!
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ettin in the Playground

Reason: Just got the katana to compliment my Dr. McNinja costume
    Holy crap, really?: Shut up, status bar.

Okay, so it's only wood, but my mom wouldn't let me get a sharp metal one. Suffice to say that it will still strike fear into the hearts of infectious diseases everywhere!