New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

They think they do indeed.

Why can I not introduce them now? They're not going to directly conflict with our brave heroescriminals for a while, and until then they can threaten them, and I can introduce other members of the DPD.

Actaully, I think my most recent comic could be a great place to either end part 1 or begin part 2. Just saying, it's pretty dramatic.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Banned

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    They think they do indeed.

Why can I not introduce them now? They're not going to directly conflict with our brave heroescriminals for a while, and until then they can threaten them, and I can introduce other members of the DPD.
    Because I told everyone else that to wait up (except Fayte and Mask who applied before I put the announcement in) and it would be unfair.

But again, you're almost guaranteed. Due in part that they would be the PERFECT antagonists for Episode 3 (yes I've planned that far ahead).

3. - Top - End - #693

I was thinking that Aimée would be a constant thorn in their side, not as dangerous as the villain de jour, but her organization being constantly angry with the D-Jumpers.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Rather than Xavik in particular, I'd actually apply for the Machinists in general to be reoccuring villains, though Xavik would usually be leading them in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Got bored. Drew the Grand Tyrant, his Guards/Body doubles (When your race is essentially identical to outsiders by design, it's easy to find body doubles. And his head of intelligence,

Edit: Said head of intelligence is usually pretty somber and straightforward, though he has his quirks. For example, he insists on his title being "Head Shifty Guy"
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-05-07 at 10:51 PM.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #696
    Banned

Well Episode 1 is nearly over so anyone who wants a recurring villain should come up with a sales pitch and PM it to me. I may choose all of them, I may only choose 1 of them, sky's the limit.

7. - Top - End - #697

Do I need to PM it? I already posted info on Aimée here. And I'm lazy.

So yeah, I think she should not be the main villain of one episode, just a villain that stays a constant thorn in their side, along with Félix, her partner.

One's a Quebecois trenchcoat wearing detective.
    The other's a Quebecois vest wearing detective.
    They fight planehoppers.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Do I need to PM it? I already posted info on Aimée here. And I'm lazy.

So yeah, I think she should not be the main villain of one episode, just a villain that stays a constant thorn in their side, along with Félix, her partner.

One's a Quebecois trenchcoat wearing detective.
    The other's a Quebecois vest wearing detective.
    They fight planehoppers.
    You don't have to, but it makes it easier for me rather than going through a ton of posts on the discussion thread to find it.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Got bored, drew avbaroy universe Moss

bored, bored, bored
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Got bored, drew avbaroy universe Moss

bored, bored, bored
    I like it. So he's alive somewhere in Avbaroy? Has Moss tried contacting him?

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Damn ,Sue-test reaped 45 for GR. I guess I did not read all the questions correctly...

I am trying to make a comic after long last, if just TnD would respond and perhaps send me template for that fighting robot...

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Yeah, but according to Keris's favorite rule, anything X 'wastes' his time on won't count in-canon. That's how he got away with the Incarnum Travesty.
    The fact is, that rule was made ages ago. It's obsolete now.
    Oh for Pete's sake...

As I pointed out before, I posted the rules not to say "Hah! I can do what I want, it says so here!", but as arguments in towards not dicarding my comic instantly because it messed with whatever plan had been made, a plan that decided the ending to FFF but most members of FFF had no imput on.

I have no objection to additional background material. It helps people greatly to determine what a character might do in their comic. However, I do object to forcing someone to read the entire FFF archive, the complete Wiki, all the Backstory Comics and most of the Discussion Thread before they can join.

And it's not my favourite rule. My favourite rule is Rule #1, if only because it's good advice in general.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Banned

Man oh man... If TJH was a collaborative video game rather than comic then I would demand that this be the boss music when fighting Chang.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Oh for Pete's sake...

As I pointed out before, I posted the rules not to say "Hah! I can do what I want, it says so here!", but as arguments in towards not dicarding my comic instantly because it messed with whatever plan had been made, a plan that decided the ending to FFF but most members of FFF had no imput on.

I have no objection to additional background material. It helps people greatly to determine what a character might do in their comic. However, I do object to forcing someone to read the entire FFF archive, the complete Wiki, all the Backstory Comics and most of the Discussion Thread before they can join.

And it's not my favourite rule. My favourite rule is Rule #1, if only because it's good advice in general.
    If I was a serial killer, I'd like to have you as my lawyer.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I took a Sue test for Falgorn, scored a 33.
    Judging on the other people's scores, I think it's OK. Things to remember about Falgorn: He's insane. Insane in such a way you think he's sane until you really know him. But, maybe he's not insane. Maybe you're all insane, and he's very sane. But, chances are, he's insane. And bi-polar. Not a fun guy...
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

I've made a new poster for Future Imperfect:

Comments ?

17. - Top - End - #707

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post

Comments ?
    ...I'm speechless. That's EPIC!! with a capital E, P, I, C, 1, & 1. Nice job, MM.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground

[/IMG]

Comments ?
    Just one, where the Hell am I in all this?

Nah I kid, it's awesome.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

If I was a serial killer, I'd like to have you as my lawyer.
    I choose to take this as a compliment.

And nice work on the Epic Arts poster, as usual.

20. - Top - End - #710

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    I took a Sue test for Falgorn, scored a 33.
    Judging on the other people's scores, I think it's OK. Things to remember about Falgorn: He's insane. Insane in such a way you think he's sane until you really know him. But, maybe he's not insane. Maybe you're all insane, and he's very sane. But, chances are, he's insane. And bi-polar. Not a fun guy...
    Maybe it surprise you, but Skimmer got 132.......honestly, she was supposed to have high score in this test

Comments ?
    Great work MM
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ettin in the Playground

Comments ?
    I require additional adjectives.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the comments everybody.

I've got a question:

If things turn really badly for the group, could Lying use Explosive Apocalypse from the Sky ? I've read somewhere that the Gate depleted a lot of his spell slots, so I'm not sure.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Comments ?
    Woah...

On a note unrelated to how awesome that picture is, Xarty, what should I include in this "Reoccurring villain application"
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    I like it. So he's alive somewhere in Avbaroy? Has Moss tried contacting him?
    He doesn't really understand all the alternate universe stuff, so probably not.
    They could meet of course (through there's no White in this universe since even if her mother do exist in it she wouldn't know about the humans) but he's an mercenary in the northern part of the world so it ain't that plausible.

I just saw a mistake, the green symbol shouldn't be on avbaroy Moss shirt.

@Mad: Nice poster, but who's the bearded guy
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

@Mad: Nice poster, but who's the bearded guy
    It's Klaus Schloss, who organises the resistance's military operations. He's also a BadAss™.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

If things turn really badly for the group, could Lying use Explosive Apocalypse from the Sky ? I've read somewhere that the Gate depleted a lot of his spell slots, so I'm not sure.
    Lying said earlier that "[Igon] is burning almost every spell slot he has to open this one portal, as well as a few more to keep it from leaking", and as Exafts is a very powerful spell, it seems unlikely that he could cast it. I may be wrong though, as Lying may just be holding onto it for an emergency.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Lying said earlier that "[Igon] is burning almost every spell slot he has to open this one portal, as well as a few more to keep it from leaking", and as Exafts is a very powerful spell, it seems unlikely that he could cast it. I may be wrong though, as Lying may just be holding onto it for an emergency.
    He's so prepared for everything that I'll bet he has a scroll.

@Mask: Why do all the names you make sound Scandinavian? (Schloss sound Swedish and I have close family members named Klaus and Karen) Is it a coincidence?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

He's so prepared for everything that I'll bet he has a scroll.

@Mask: Why do all the names you make sound Scandinavian? (Schloss sound Swedish and I have close family members named Klaus and Karen) Is it a coincidence?
    Klaus Schloss is actually a German name, and I know a bit of German. It must be where that name comes from.

About Karen... I can't say.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-05-08 at 11:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Klaus Schloss is actually a German name, and I know a bit of German. It must be where that name comes from.

About Karen... I can't say.
    German is close to scandinavian languages (remember the german tribes) and why the heck can you know so much (you're twelve or something right?)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

German is close to scandinavian languages (remember the german tribes) and why the heck can you know so much (you're twelve or something right?)
    I like learning.