New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1747
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    ... Did you ever do the Antoine one?
    Oh wow, I completely forgot about that. *ponders*

I'll start on it first thing tomorrow then.

Edit - You got a picture of him? I can't find one.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-08-02 at 07:51 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Fine.

So the Pope talked Atilla out of it. Same difference.
    Epic diplomacy checks are never insignificant.

"I'm going to kill all your men, rape all your women, enslave all your children, and take all your stuff! Arrrrr!"
    "How about you... don't?"
    "Okay"
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Banned

A time lord, yeah. I shall call him:

Rusoba

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Oh wow, I completely forgot about that. *ponders*

I'll start on it first thing tomorrow then.

Edit - You got a picture of him? I can't find one.

With a expression.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So I'm playing Assassins Creed. And people keep talking about Saladin coming to retake jerusalem from the Crusaders. And my thought is "Okay, that makes sense"

Yet here I am in Jerusalem, and with the exception of two templars, one on a street and one skulking in a graveyard, I havn't seen any signs of crusaders.

The fact that people In Jerusalem are shouting about Saladin coming to retake Jerusalem from the Crusaders which arn't there, well...yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    So I'm playing Assassins Creed. And people keep talking about Saladin coming to retake jerusalem from the Crusaders. And my thought is "Okay, that makes sense"

Yet here I am in Jerusalem, and with the exception of two templars, one on a street and one skulking in a graveyard, I havn't seen any signs of crusaders.

The fact that people In Jerusalem are shouting about Saladin coming to retake Jerusalem from the Crusaders which arn't there, well...yeah.
    ...The Templar have invented stealth fields?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

...The Templar have invented stealth fields?
    Unless all the Arabic-looking guards are actually Crusaders in disguise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Unless all the Arabic-looking guards are actually Crusaders in disguise.
    Or just the city guards doing their job because if not they got trouble with an army of crusaders? Or they are some of the christians living there (did you think no-one was converted)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post

I mean we all though Nameless was a Boy... And I know a few other people of questionable gender
    I am a boy. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    The Huns never sacked Rome. They displaced the guys who did sack Rome.
    You mean the Goths?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Am I missing something here? o.O
    No.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-08-03 at 05:00 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    • Your character must be appropriate, setting-wise and be fair to the rest of the cast (no overpowered weapons or abilities). All characters must come from Avbaroy and related grounds.
    Hey.
    Hey.
    If you're allowed to use your D&D characters I'm allowed to use my Exalted character.
    Though does it count if the character themselves is from Avbaroy and such but the powers are not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Just feels like "Sure, you can play the game, but you have to deal with the fact that this beartrap could close over your hands at any time..." to me.
    Well when the game you're playing is "Let's all do handstands through this field of beartraps", then...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Try reading manga, sniping never goes that easy (to use a realistic example the person shot at might have magical defences that either discovers the sniper or save his life and thus the sniper now have to fight someone likely a lot better at close to mid range combat than him)
    Go read Golgo 13. Or rather, since you're what, fourteen? Don't.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1391

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    You mean the Goths?
    Visigoths specifically, but yes.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

I am a boy. T_T

You mean the Goths?

No.
    He is guys, stop the game before someone gets hurt (that means if someone don't like you making fun of him then don't)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

13. - Top - End - #1393

I, for one, always thought Nameless was a guy. A guy with boobies, but a guy nonetheless.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

Visigoths specifically, but yes.
    Didn't the Goths split into the Visi and Ostrogoths after the started sacking Rome?

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    Hey.
    Hey.
    If you're allowed to use your D&D characters I'm allowed to use my Exalted character.
    Though does it count if the character themselves is from Avbaroy and such but the powers are not?

Well when the game you're playing is "Let's all do handstands through this field of beartraps", then...

Go read Golgo 13. Or rather, since you're what, fourteen? Don't.
    I don't know what exalted is but all the DnD characters used are from Avbaroy along with their powers

How do you get powers from outside the borders of the universe when only a deity or the TJH team can get there

Doesn't sound like a fun game.

I'm fifteen so it should be okay But I was speaking of the Dragon Ballish type of manga (though stuff like it does occur in others too) Where they try to snipe the hero In which case it ever ever work (he either dodged it was too strong to be hurt by it or was standing right behind the sniper) I bet that isn't the case in that Golgo manga (because if the hero dies then it's over you know). By the way why shouldn't I read it?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

16. - Top - End - #1396

Didn't the Goths split into the Visi and Ostrogoths after the started sacking Rome?
    Pretty sure it was specifically the Visigoths, led by Alaric, who sacked Rome.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Err....

Rome was sacked dozens of times.

You're probably both right.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Err....

The romans kept the city until the fifth or sixth century where a barbaric tribe invaded it and ended the roman empire once and for all, I'm pretty sure that tribe is what they discuss because afterwards while it did change hands many times until the Catholics got it they can't really be counted in (because Rome commonly also refers to the roman empire)
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-08-03 at 05:40 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

19. - Top - End - #1399

Err....

Dozens is an overstatement.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

How do you get powers from outside the borders of the universe when only a deity or the TJH team can get there
    An accident involving a high-ranking Sidereal and the Loom of Fate.

Doesn't sound like a fun game.
    The Exalted system is tied fairly solidly to its setting, see.

I'm fifteen so it should be okay But I was speaking of the Dragon Ballish type of manga (though stuff like it does occur in others too) Where they try to snipe the hero In which case it ever ever work (he either dodged it was too strong to be hurt by it or was standing right behind the sniper) I bet that isn't the case in that Golgo manga (because if the hero dies then it's over you know). By the way why shouldn't I read it?
    Aah, that makes sense. Golgo 13 is the hero, see. And you shouldn't read it because it's basically like a Japanese James Bond, only with more sex and violence.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    An accident involving a high-ranking Sidereal and the Loom of Fate.

The Exalted system is tied fairly solidly to its setting, see.

Aah, that makes sense. Golgo 13 is the hero, see. And you shouldn't read it because it's basically like a Japanese James Bond, only with more sex and violence.
    A what and the whatnow?

I meant the bear trap game

Yeah that sounds bad (don't expect me to read it ever nomatter how old I get)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Troll in the Playground

*comes back from being "away for the weekend"*

Alright, what did I miss....

1) My name was finally changed! Huzzah!
    2) Rand left?! NOOOO!

Even though he lost all of his awesomeness....He was still my, to use immature children's terms, "Best Friend" on these forums.

3) Bad Mask! How can you make the introduction secret?! We've been waiting for it for a while, now!!
    4) FFF STILL ISN'T FINISHED! That's good, I guess. I wouldn't want it to finish without me.
    5) The rules about FI dying....I don't know what to think about them. At first I thought they were stupid, but then when they were boiled down to "characters get killed when they do things that force them to die" I now feel the urge to say "....Wow. Thanks for the insight, oh wise Mad Mask of high wisdom. "
    6) This post keeps getting eaten! WHAT THE HELL?! I THOUGHT WE WERE PAST THAT!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    5) The rules about FI dying....I don't know what to think about them. At first I thought they were stupid, but then when they were boiled down to "characters get killed when they do things that force them to die" I now feel the urge to say "....Wow. Thanks for the insight, oh wise Mad Mask of high wisdom. "
    In FFF there has been several times when one should have died but then pulls a magguffin out of the hat and survives, you can't get easily away with that in FI I think.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

3) Bad Mask! How can you make the introduction secret?! We've been waiting for it for a while, now!!
    Um...

BLATANT LIE!

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Troll in the Playground

In FFF there has been several times when one should have died but then pulls a magguffin out of the hat and survives, you can't get easily away with that in FI I think.
    What if you offered nameless pie.
    ____

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Lord Plot himself will intervene and prevent Nameless from resurrecting you.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Barbarian in the Playground

You were gone?
    6) This post keeps getting eaten! WHAT THE HELL?! I THOUGHT WE WERE PAST THAT!
    Um...
    What?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Lord Plot himself will intervene and prevent Nameless from resurrecting you.
    Noooooooooo!
    ____

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Troll in the Playground

Um...
    What?
    My post. When I tried to post, my computer wouldn't allow it. It was a huge and annoying problem a little while ago.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    He'd get fired for ressurecting you.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.