New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Community Worldbuilding Project [Ishka: Urban and Urbane]

sorry i must have forgotten to spell check that post i was groggy and dehydrated at the time.
    The line should,and now dose say
    "my idea ? if one dose not exist in eberon a utilitarian 0% Arcanin spell failure chance plaiting option?"

i don't like the idea of workforged changing there plaiting it would be like swamping body parts but i guess i could tolerate it i think it should be vary very expensive though and cost a feet if the plaiting change dose or your body rejects the change.

i agree with Silverscale
    station tickets should be
    1 Ride costs a Fund(a ride is not one entrance but one planed rout so you don't pay extra if your stated destination has some transfers to it)
    Day Pass costs a Germ
    Week Pass costs a Jack
    Month Pass costs 4 Jacks
    Year Pass cost 4 Ponce
    but we should go withe something like my extra/discount system.

Quote Originally Posted by BLiZme.2 View Post
    as to ravenshome i don't think there would be a second or main line station in Ravenhome unless the station is older then the district. I just don't see the Ravens inserting a station into the network, (they don't exert power outside there domain). Further unless they expanded around it they would never steal an existing one. though once they had one they would have no qualms about moving it. Though there is no question there are tertiary and quandary stations just maybe not a primary/secondary or the district has its own network of only tertiary and quandary otherwise you could just leave the district via teliporter.

... small passengers receive a 10% discount, incorporeal or tiny and smaller passengers get a 50% discount, large passengers pay double, gargantuan and colossal passengers by passes at quadruple (and still need to be shrunk to ride) unless they can shape change at will to another size then they just pay double. I think senior discount is 15% applied after size modifications if you are living and are in your old or older age category (or 5% for undead over 200 years or were formerly seniors) each ticket booth has a chart and if your species is-int on the chart you can send a letter to the station authority and receive a refund of twice your discount.
    i left the Ravenshome bit in because we never answered that question and it seems important.

also are we agreed the cycle four lines are free but the three and up are not or are they all maned.

Owrtho

also
    Indeed BRC is awesome.
    i agree with every thing he has said about nobility and the workforged.
    his ideas on nobility meshes nicely with my tentative example about the head of the stations running it as a government sponsored business.

Now dose anyone have dealings about my earlier question about an Ishkan stock market or are we just going with more old fashioned investment methods. Any city this side need business partnerships and associations.

also @ TheLonelyScribe you mentioned (back on page 30) you edited something about the second line stations could you point me to the edit i couldn't find it and forgot to ask.
    Last edited by BLiZme.2; 2010-04-28 at 05:55 PM.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Barbarian in the Playground

Now dose anyone have dealings about my earlier question about an Ishkan stock market or are we just going with more old fashioned investment methods. Any city this side need business partnerships and associations.
    I don't think we're talking anything as complex as the NYSE, but I do think Ishka has moved beyond simple backroom dealing. I don't know enough about the trading of stocks to give any real ideas here though.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Except that 'forged don't need to eat or sleep, and they don't tire IIRC, so you could work them pretty much 24/7 for those first 3 years.
    And as such the three years would usually be the larger amount. However that is more so for menial labor type jobs. If a wealthy noble or the like commissions a workforged to be a personal butler or assistant, they likely won't actually be doing much more work than if he had just hired someone. Also a shopkeeper might get one for extra help, but not want it to run the shop on its own.

I could also see them being used by some normal people as personal caretakers in old age, by saving up money while they're younger and then buying a workforged that could take care of them once they get too old to do so them self.

As for Ravenshome, I still think it wouldn't have any stations. For one thing, Ravenshome is likely one of the smallest districts. One could walk from one end to the other in less than 3 hours (if they don't break any rules on the way). It doesn't actually need stations for traveling within it. As for if it is expanding (which is something to be left up to the DM) it would likely just remove any stations it absorbed from the system, or they would just be unable to be left or entered during the time that they were in Ravenshome.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

4. - Top - End - #934
    Dwarf in the Playground

Owrtho has a good point on the size of ravenshome. The stations are relay only a difficulty if the district is growing and if growth is slow then there is no real way to tell as an asside another reason why you couldn't tell if ravenshome is expanding would be because the ravens clean clear and maintain slightly beyond the bounds that they enforce the rules but this border of enforcement is fluid so it is hard to tell where the rules do and don't apply or when they do or don't i figure the gray aria would be no more than a block and the further out you go the more work you wold have to do and could not rely on the ravens for by way of metaphor they sweep there door step but ignore squirrels and rats on it most of the time. but they will usually hit them if they scratch on the door.
    the retirement helper is a brilliant idea. And probably a good idea to because i think most construction contracts should be nontransferable so you cant inherit such a contract. I can think of one exception if a business bought a batch of workfroged as a business expense then they count as property of the business and go free if the business goes under or they go free if the business owner bought them as a personal purchase and then put them to work in his business then they go free on his death. ether way you need to treat your workforged well or they may ruin you one way or another(i smell an adventure hook). also this gives you a trade of in uses. for example taking a business construct home to do your dishes would at least technically illegal but if you sold your business you could list it as an asset on the other hand if you own it personally then you don't have the ability to sell them.

@Silverscale my impression was that way to but i wanted to know what others thought (we have so many sharp intuitive minds here) because this city is so massive and could easily have such an institution.
    I think we should go with something like the original sock exchange used to be in that Ishkan law allows for you to own part of a company's assets and therefor profits but have little or no power in its management in exchange you are allowed to sell that portion without interference by your other partners while a normal partnership all party's have more control but the changing of hands of ownership requires mutual consent. Hind of but not relay like real life.
    this could be coupled with an old style stock market where anyone who owned part of a company as described initially above could go and offer other people there stocks. basically such places used to be coffee houses and tavern where people know that if you were willing to by or sell stocks you could go there and look for a perspective buyer or seller and for a "small" "tip" the proprietor could help you find who you are looking for.Note similar and sometimes the same places often traded in commodities. Usually the deal was cut in the tavern and employees handled the coins or at least the goods.
    There should be at bare minimum three 1 in MitheralHeights 1 in the marker or port district ether will do and 1 in Ravenshome why the last one you ask?
    two reasons on who would double cross or lye to you there and two some very powerful and wealthy people have probably fled to the district over the years like alliance bigwigs who ratted out other members or politicians tired of assassination attempts or just a rich jerk who got trapped for mistreating people in the district or some such thing. Still this would be the smallest exchange.
    Last edited by BLiZme.2; 2010-04-28 at 10:55 PM.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Orc in the Playground

This sounds kind of weird, but I've always liked the idea of coffee houses in fantasy settings. I imagine, however, that chocolate is still mostly sold as a bitter, frothy drink. How much of this sort of stuff is there? Where does it come from? How much does it cost? We pretty much know they have tea, but do they have tobacco? Other drugs? Just something to ponder.

Other stuff: Does this dress make me look like a DRAGON? Rules for Glamerweaving

Excellent gnome scribe avatar to match my username by licoot.

6. - Top - End - #936

I think with Ishka's connections to places all over the multiverse, they probably have a steady supply of any product a DM wants them to have at a reasonable price. If I remember correctly Arms and Equipment had a long list of spices, meats, grains, etc and included coffee at 50gp a pound. I've always thought that a bit high because at that price not even a king could afford to drink it very often. But this is Mideavl Europe that D&D is replicating and at that point coffee had to be transported all the way from India, without the use of anything nearly as convinient as an airship.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #937

As to the discounts/extra fees for Station Passes. To give discounts based on age, ie. Child/Senior discounts, you'ld have to have an enormous table for all the various races and race combinations telling you which was concidered a child/senior at what age. Therefore I think child/senior passes are out of the question. However discounts/extra fees based on size would be easy enough to manage and if there is a service that offers size reduction at a reasonable price that would allow passangers to get a ticket for a smaller size category. This brings up another question....if a person is traveling with their pet (In this example we're assuming a medium humanoid with a dog-like pet) are they required to pay extra for the pet?

As to how to manage the discount/extras just use the same Multiples used for other cases of size categories (1/2 for Small, X2 for Large, etc)

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #938

Here is a list of all the Districts

Academy
    The Art Community
    Aquarane Elder Water Elemental
    The Collected Colleges
    The Commons Street Noble
    Customs and Immigrations
    The Dark City
    The Draconic Heritage Collective Elder Dragon
    Ether
    Everdark
    Gobin Hobgoblin Shogun
    The Groves Elder Druid
    Gulliver's Heights/Smallville
    Hedon The Master and The Mistress
    The Mage's District
    The Market District
    Mere
    Mithral Heights
    The Necropolis Graveborl The Uncaring
    The Port District Guild Master
    Primordium
    Ravenshome
    Redmere Elder Fire Elemental
    The Republic of Ishka President, Vice President, Senator, etc
    Stadel
    Steamworks Forge Baron
    Sunset Island
    Terradome Elder Earth Elemental
    Temple District High Priest
    Ungul
    The Vault The Warden
    Can't remember the name but the district in the elemental plane of Air Elder Air Elemental

Let's decide what it means to be a "Noble" in each of these districts. I've inluded some of the idea's that have alredy been presented along with some of my own suggestions.

[EDIT]Sorry about the triple post I just have a few ideas rattling around in my head today.[/EDIT]
    Last edited by Silverscale; 2010-04-29 at 01:04 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #939
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think that you are probably right about the senior discount. A child discount is not something I would add even if we had a seniors one as you get a discount if you are small so children already get on that way. as to the 1/2 mode ect that seems like to much of a shift basically as you put it pixies ride free this way is in general more profitable there are so many more small passengers and if we did go with the main chart then it is the same for the allowed larger sizes.
    Maybe you can only get a discount pass at a special office that has the master list and they have some sort of simple test as to your race. If you are an allfolk you should count as human or average for allfolk whatever longer and that solves many problems.

as to reduced size ticket prices i can see that for one journey prices where your receipt(or you by the casting withe the ticket, ether way you should not have the spell cast until you have your ticket and are ready to bored the casters cast it as you walk in) says you will be there with 5 minutes to spare with out growing but a normal long term pass should still cost the price for your size if you cant shrink your self at will and slightly more if you can because they want money and that way if you need or rely wnt to can ride at full size.

as to pets i think 1 tiny pet should be free but if you have something larger like a dog or want to bring multiple pets you could pay slightly less than the normal amount for a ticket to get a stamp on your pass or ticket that lets you have 3 tiny or smaller pets or one medium or a small and a tiny. any other pets cost the full fair(the stamp should look like a goat because they are often bought for use with your pack Goat).

as to district leaders i would have these these changes.
    The Collected Colleges The Dean
    The Commons Street Nobles
    Customs and Immigrations the Secretary of immigration ( a council appointee)
    The Dark City drow nobles
    The Draconic Heritage Collective the cruciate Dragons the
    Gulliver's Heights/
    Smallville a different location and is officially a different district(than Gulliver's Heights) its just the heart and root of this is district is encircled by Gulliver's Heights.
    Primordium (the council should anoint a "senishal of the prime"
    Ravenshome the Ravens
    Stadel the king
    Steamworks The Forge Barons
    Sunset Island compony owner
    Last edited by BLiZme.2; 2010-04-30 at 01:40 AM.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ishka Campaign is now recruiting!!
    Sheriff of Moddingham: Thread locked for whatever reason for locking it pops into your head first.

Ishka will never die!

11. - Top - End - #941

So if we add in BLiZme.2's suggestions then the list would look something like this

Academy
    The Art Community Master Artisans
    Aquarane Elder Water Elementals
    Aerodyne Elder Air Elementals, Skyship Captains
    The Collected Colleges The Dean
    The Commons Street Nobles
    Customs and Immigrations The Secretary of Immigration (appointed by the council
    The Dark City Drow Nobles
    The Draconic Heritage Collective Elder Dragon esp. The Two
    Ether
    Everdark Vampire Lords??????
    Gobin Hobgoblin Shoguns
    The Groves Elder Druids, The Fey Court
    Gulliver's Heights The Biggest/Strongest Giant????????
    Hedon The Master an d The Mistress
    The Mage's District Archmages
    The Market District The Economancers
    Mere Self-Made Nobles
    Mithral Heights Self-Made Nobles
    The Necropolis Graveborl The Uncaring
    The Port District Guild Masters
    Primordium Senishal of The Prime
    Ravenshome The Ravens
    Redmere Elder Fire Elementals
    The Republic of Ishka President, Vice President, Senators, etc
    Smallville
    Stadel The King
    Steamworks Forge Barons
    Sunset Island Executives of the Company that owns the Island
    Terradome Elder Earth Elementals
    Temple District High Priests
    Ungul
    The Vault The Warden

Any other suggestions? Any ideas on how some of the ones already suggested come into "Nobility". Yes some are relatively obvious like The High Priest, but how about The Warden?
    Last edited by Silverscale; 2010-04-30 at 11:41 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #942

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    [I]Can't remember the name but the district in the elemental plane of Air
    Aerodyne
    Sheriff of Moddingham: Thread locked for whatever reason for locking it pops into your head first.

Ishka will never die!

13. - Top - End - #943

Quote Originally Posted by Erutaron View Post
    Aerodyne
    Thank's I'll Edit that now.

[edit]Added some more "Nobility"[/edit]
    Last edited by Silverscale; 2010-04-30 at 11:35 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #944
    Dwarf in the Playground

the warden is most defiantly correct some of there are technically correct but need to be pluralized because different disconnected sections have different leaders who i assume cooperate out of common internist these include

Street Nobles(there is just to much ground for even two if all we do is officially split them into north and south commons)
    the groves? this is a maybe each section has a leader and the millennium tree is there superior i know way back in first ed druids were very ordered and had a set hierarchy so why not have just a little of that in Ishka
    the ForgeBarons each forgeBaron owns essentially an entire seam-works of some note and they would act together to protect there common business interests from things like hire tariffs and restrictive business laws.
    I may have forgotten this but how do we have one High Priest in the Temple District i can imagine each saint has a lead priest who may be called a high priest like the high priest of the dragons is probably ether a Kobald or a part dragon. but i cant recall any universal high priest. but maybe there is a universal church of the saints ie all the saints have a temple and priest hood but there is a priesthood that focuses not in any one saint but venerates them all individually and as a group i can see the high priest of that religion being the official head of the temple district.

as to nobility i think all of those listed here are nobility (as a side note on the warden I think the warden should have been made as a prototype for the golden army and it was deemed to self willed for general production hence the striping of much of the intelligent form the army though they still have some tactical ability)

Also even though most of the residents of Ether are ghosts how about the noble of the district is actually a filly sentient genius level intellect ethereal filcher mage. the ghosts tolerate his primacy because 1 he is living 2 hi is impressive and 3 he dose not get in the way of the ghosts governing sections the way they want as long as he has some level of control over the district "five hands make for lots of pies for your fingers and lots of ways to leave a light touch" and 4 he is sympathetic to the positions of the ghost population and is very willing to take any advice. "Five hands give you a lot of other hands to consider things on" he says. Plus a living false helps deal with many people in inter district populations and reminds everyone not just goats live in Ether.
    Last edited by BLiZme.2; 2010-04-30 at 11:35 AM.

15. - Top - End - #945

Edited to reflect suggested plurals, actually most of them should be plural. I put a plural on High Priest, but I think you might be onto something with that one High Priest of the "Church of Ishka" or whatever you wanna call it.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edited to reflect suggested plurals, actually most of them should be plural. I put a plural on High Priest, but I think you might be onto something with that one High Priest of the "Church of Ishka" or whatever you wanna call it.
    Perhaps the district is run by a council made up of the different clerics of the officially recognized saints
    For the record, the "Officially recognized" saints, that is, those with temples in the Temple district are:
    Saint Bretre
    Saint Baltin
    Saint Merkiel
    Saint Cassandra
    Saint Olliden
    Saint Minerva
    First Builder
    The Twin Dragon Saints
    The Stone Raven

Kenrick has a temple in the Necropolis (Though near the edge where it's easily accessible to non-undead). Fleet Footed Jack has no organized religion, he's worshiped in dark alleys and gasped out between breaths when fleeing from the Law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

17. - Top - End - #947

@BRC good suggestions.

On a side note did we ever decide wiether the Saints are there as a replacment for the usual pantheon or in addition to the usual pantheon? I think they should be an Additional-Alternate Pantheon that happens to have a LOT of followers, but that there are also other gods represented in the city.....mostly the racial gods.

Actually come to think of it Urbanus from RoD might actually hve a fairly large following in Ishka seeing as how it's a Massive City and he's the God of Citys

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ogre in the Playground

As I recall, the Saints are an alternate pantheon of Ishka. The majority of Ishka's citizens worship the saints. Gods from other pantheons do have minor temples in the temple district, but it is mainly for immigrants and visitors from outside the city. Other Gods are also not mentioned much so as not to tie Ishka to any one setting or plane, thus allowing someone to add it into a campaign with their own custom pantheon and religions, without having to drag in the standard DnD cosmology if they don't want to (and so they don't have to try cleansing the setting of it without having notable impacts where there aren't direct correlations between their own cosmology and it).

As for nobility in Ravenshome. While there isn't an actual way to become a noble there, it respects titles from other districts. It also has a small population of nobles that consist mostly of those that got trapped there or that are staying there waiting for something to blow over.
    Also, random fact that most people seem to have forgotten (in part as it likely comes up only rarely in the setting as well), the official term for the raven statues in Ishka is Sentinels. However, despite this most people just refer to them as Ravens, and the saint is the Stone Raven.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

19. - Top - End - #949
    Dwarf in the Playground

this is one of the main reasons that Ishka has no outer planer sections detailed only inner and transitive plane sections a while back some on mentioned a plain of wood idea for lumber and the Wild and while i like this idea in principle it relay throws the setting off if people want to use the normal cosmology whatever most of the planer contacts we have are pretty benign to any cosmology.

20. - Top - End - #950

We still haven't nailed down how many constructs/golems/Workforge we have in Ishka.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #951
    Dwarf in the Playground

here is my best guess at the construct (and suited fire elemental) population of Ishka categories preceded by an * are nonsentient or in some way inexorably tied to there creators like a homunculus.
    work forged 10,000 ~40% are currently indentured
    task forged (Spontaneously awakened constructs) 1500
    intentionally awakened constructs. 300
    *homunculus 1000
    pipe serpents 2000
    suited fire elemental s 3000
    *the Golden army.5000(~1/3 the size of the us military)
    * golums~7000
    * clock roaches (phb3) and other domestic and simple utilitarian.100,000
    * Favrgay show pieces ~200 major ~1500 minor
    * "cheep" animated displays and toys 10,000

Just to clarify my earlier posts i do think there would be more then the three coffee houses than i specifically mentioned when dealing with stocks but i was just speaking about the minimum for the ones where you can usually go to find someone to cut a stock deal not all would do that kind of thing regularly and some may even frown on it in there premises.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh, just a random thought, but I wonder what goes into becoming a priest or high priest of the Stone Raven. After all, if they just have to study in their temples, they would likely not be seen by some as particularly devoted due to the fact that you can somewhat encounter their patron saint by just going to Ravenshome. Similarly, if they have to go to Ravenshome and stay there as part of their training, I could see a number of them being at least a little odd from the experience. Perhaps there would be something like a pilgrimage they would have to make there that would involve staying a around a few weeks, with someone hoping to become high priest needing to stay for at least a year or so (maybe a few, though perhaps not all at once).

Also, looking at the list of saints, it seems the Stone Raven might just be the most actively feared of all the Saints.

As for the constructs, I feel like the numbers are a little low given the population of Ishka, but at the same time I may be wrong. As for the last one, depending on how you mean that, it seems like it might be drastically underestimated. I could easily see things like action figures that are mass produced being small golems and the like which could given the way such things are in the real world easily be in the hundreds of thousands on their own. Mind I doubt these would generally be counted toward the population in any way, the say way that people don't count their toys when they have a census.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

23. - Top - End - #953
    Dwarf in the Playground

i know the smaller toys and common displays would probably never get counted even though golums and homunculi would ( registered as powerful magic weapons at least for golums and as intelligent beings(or whatever familiars get counted as) for homunculi).
    for the last number i was thinking that should not cover things equivalent to a GIJO with a kung-fu action grip i was thinking things more along the lines of the solders from the movie small soldiers just non sentient. and larger toys like a self propelled horse on wheels or not. If we counted things i the first category i agree the number skyrockets

also the ones i counted are the kind of things even most middle class Ishkans could not afford especially as just a toy when a simple doll is almost as good.
    Last edited by BLiZme.2; 2010-04-30 at 11:15 PM.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Orc in the Playground

A little off topic, but I've been thinking about this for quite a while: urban druids and rangers. There are several things we could do, including:

For the Druid:

Replace Animal Companion with any type of similar CR creature.

Nature Sense is replaced by Urban Sense (Knowledge (A&E) or (Local) and Gather Info)

Woodland Stride becomes Urban Stride, either ignoring rubble or phasing through a wall (wis mod) times per day (can't decide between them)

Trackless Step becomes Blend In, becoming untraceable by the Urban Tracking feat (and - seriously - everyone in this thread ought to have Cityscape)

Can't decide what to replace Resist Nature's Lure

I've always been intrigued buy Wild Shape giving forms other than animals. The list of possibilities is almost endless, celestials, demons, devils, constructs: I particularly like the idea of an undead-worshipping druid who can turn into undead and replaces Timeless Body with the final 'ascension' into undead form.

The rest is pretty good, but we might want to have a look at the spell list. Cityscape has only two new spells for Druids, I think we need to get homebrewing!

For the Ranger:

Replace Track with Urban Tracking

Ditto Druid Animal Companion changes

Ditto Druid Woodland Stride changes

Replace Swift Tracker with Inquisitive, being able to make a Gather Info check every half an hour to track without the usual -5 penalty, and to ask every 15 mins at a -10 penalty

Camouflage and Hide in Plain Sight now rely on urban terrain

May want to replace the ranged weapon Combat Style option, as ranged weapons aren't as useful in crowded urban settings.

Other stuff: Does this dress make me look like a DRAGON? Rules for Glamerweaving

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ogre in the Playground

Resist hooker's lure?

More seriously, could be bonus to will save for resisting things like baggers, street vendors, etc. that could be found in the city, and in Ishka might have the means to make their goods a little more desirable with some mind altering magic.

As for another combat option for rangers, perhaps something like concealed weapons. Bonus to slight of hand checks for hiding weapons, ability to instantly draw a concealed weapon, bonus to attack and/or damage if the opponent doesn't yet know what type of weapon it is. That kind of thing. Might work well. Then again it would also be much more the purview of rogues, so...

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

26. - Top - End - #956

Hi everyone I've had these thoughts rattling about in my head for a while so I felt it would be good to share them.

A while back someone mentioned Ishkans' feelings towards homosexuals, etc and that was discussed and finished with, but something else that needs to be considered is what are the prevailing attitudes towards Inter-vital relationships (living/undead couples). Personally I think it would trump any other bigotry someone might feel. You might hate that guy because he's an Half-fiend Orc, but at least he's not shagging a corpse.

Another group for the forum to consider
    The Intimate Union
    Ishka's only unopposed workers collective works to promote and protect the rights of the city's sex workers.
    Marvel at my IMPRESSIVE (and Expensive) collection of Discworld Books!!!

27. - Top - End - #957
    Dwarf in the Playground

Isint there an official urban {edit}ranger{/edit} variant i think it at in the phb2 or unearthed arcana as to the urban druid if we cant find an existing model i like theScribes changes (i just wouldn't rule out ranged as a choice even if it is sub par) Owrtho's idea is very good maby we should all it the scrimisher tree and it granta doge mobility and spring attack.
    yes in some circals Inter-vital relationships are clerily wors ahem" the temple district" but to humans first a relationship of a human with an undead is tolerable if teh undead was Hunman.
    Last edited by BLiZme.2; 2010-05-01 at 08:57 PM.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Orc in the Playground

Some variations for druid Wild Shape:

Construct Form
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Construct Form
    Class/Classes: Druid
    Requirements: Must have seen or met a construct
    Replaces: Wild Shape
    Level: 5
    Benefit: At fifth level, instead of gaining the Wild Shape ability, a druid may gain Construct Form as a supernatural ability. They gain the ability to turn into a medium animated object that appears as a statue of themselves. It may be made of paper, cloth, rope, glass, ice, leather, hide or wood. At 8th level it may be made of stone, at 11th level it may be made of iron or steel, at 12th level it may be made of mithral, and at 15th level it may be made of admantine.

In addition, he may turn into an animated object replica of any object he has touched as long as it does not have more hit dice than he has druid levels. If in a form other than that of a statue, a druid cannot speak whilst in construct form. A druid can use the Construct Form ability as often and for the same duration that they would be able to use Wild Shape if they had not chosen this variant. This ability otherwise functions as the Polymorph any Object spell.

At 16th level a Construct Form druid may turn into any golem that has the same amount of (or fewer) HD than them once per day. This is otherwise like the elemental form of Wild Shape, and progresses in the same way.

A Construct Form Druid also undergoes some changes to her spell list. Instead of the Animate Plants spell they gain Animate Objects as a seventh level spell. Instead of the Awaken spell they gain the Awaken Construct spell (I think one of them exists). They also gain all the Repair Damage spells featured in Complete Arcane.

Visage of Death
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Visage of Death
    Requirements: Must be familiar with undead
    Replaces: Wild Shape, Animal Companion
    Level: 1
    Benefit: At 5th level a Druid who had chosen the Visage of Death variant (hereafter referred to as a Death Druid) may apply the skeleton or zombie template to themselves at will. In addition, they may transform into any other type of medium or small undead that has the same amount of (or fewer) HD than their druid level. They can use this ability the same amount of times per day and for the same amount of time as they would be able to use their Wild Shape ability if they had not chosen to become a Death Druid. The size of shapes they can assume also changes as the Wild Shape ability. This ability otherwise functions as the Polymorph any Object spell.

Instead of being able to turn into an elemental at 16th level, a Death Druid may apply the ghost or lich template to themselves for 10 + wis modifier rounds per day, not necessarily all at once. At 18th and 20th level the amount of rounds increases by 5.

A Death Druid may rebuke undead as a cleric.

A Death Druid also undergoes some changes to their spell list. They gain Animate Dead as a 4th level spell, replacing Reincarnate. They gain Create Undead at 7th level, replacing Animate Plants. They gain Create Greater Undead at 9th level, replacing Shambler. They also trade the Cure spells for equivalent Inflict spells.

Celestial Form
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Celestial Form
    Requirements: Must be lawful good, neutral good or chaotic good
    Replaces: Alignment Restrictions, Wild Shape
    Benefit: At 5th level a Druid who has chosen the Celestial Form variant gains the Celestial template. At 16th level they gain the Half-Celestial template instead.

A Celestial Form Druid also undergoes some changes to his or her spell list. They gain all spells mentioned in the cleric domain of good.

Fiendish Form
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Fiendish Form
    Requirements: Must be lawful evil, neutral evil or chaotic evil
    Replaces: Alignment Restrictions, Wild Shape
    Benefit: At 5th level a Druid who has chosen the Fiendish Form variant gains the Fiendish template. At 16th level they gain the Half-Fiend template instead.

A Fiendish Form Druid also undergoes some changes to his or her spell list. They gain all spells mentioned in the cleric domain of evil.
    Last edited by TheLonelyScribe; 2010-05-04 at 12:46 PM.

29. - Top - End - #959

@The Lonely Scribe I like what you've got here with just 2 nit-picks, actually it's the same thing twice, in both Celestial and Fiendish form you cave them the Celestial/Fiendish Template first and the Half Celestial/Half Fiendish Template later....it should be the other way around since the Half Templates are +2 and the Full Templates are +4

@The Numbers of Constructs I too think some of the numbers are low particularly the Homunoculus number, think of all the mages we have spread across not one but 3 different districts.
    Last edited by Silverscale; 2010-05-01 at 09:17 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #960
    Orc in the Playground

@The Lonely Scribe I like what you've got here with just 2 nit-picks, actually it's the same thing twice, in both Celestial and Fiendish form you cave them the Celestial/Fiendish Template first and the Half Celestial/Half Fiendish Template later....it should be the other way around since the Half Templates are +2 and the Full Templates are +4
    Look in the MM. Half Celestial is actually more celestial than Celestial. Confusing, right?

Also, perhaps a Celestial or Fiendish Form Druid could apply the templates to their animal companion instead of getting higher HD ones (as in the sidebar tables on p36 PH)

Also, talking about animal companions, was it balanced giving Death Druids Rebuke Undead instead of Animal Companion?