New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1433
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Community Worldbuilding Project [Ishka: Urban and Urbane]

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    So basically "Astral Diamond" is a catch all term for high-denomination coinage?
    Seems like it. I think that, basically, to make very high denominations, they take platinum pieces, and stud them with varying amounts of Astral Diamonds. The more diamonds, the more the coin is worth. That way, you don't have huge amounts of platinum in your purse weighing you down, or wind up carrying bars of gold or something.

Go Tigers!

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateGuy

Something I'm including in my campaign, I'll be adding a few more things as I go through my notes.

Business: Downpour
    Type: Restaurant

Downpour is one f the newest establishments in town. Arranged to cater to the aquatic, it is always raining slightly inside. You will often see Sea-elves and Water elementals performing in the central pool, or bands of Lizardfolk, Locathah and Sahuagin mercenaries chumming it up for shark-steaks.
    The merfolk waitresses swim around through small streams set in the floor to take your orders.
    The owner is a stunningly beautiful nymph who is only ever seen completely covered in an exquisitely decorated shawl to conceal herself. It is said she deals with anyone who misbehaves personally.
    Sheriff of Moddingham: Thread locked for whatever reason for locking it pops into your head first.

Ishka will never die!

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Character: Chomski the Gnome, Labor Advocate

This elderly gnome (truenamer 9) is one of the leading advocates of the radical ideas of the Collective labor union, and a critic of Ishka's upper class and academic scene (of which he is a part).

Koboldsarbeiter avatar by Mindfreak

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

a P.O.I for Ishka!

Business: Amiel's Discount Arms and Armor Emporium
    District: Market District
    Description: A large store, magicked to move with the frenzied selling market of the district, Amiel's offers one of the largest selections of weapons and armor in Ishka. Though it claims "discount", the prices are much the same as anywhere else. The store is arranged fairly simply, with a general store on the first floor (various goods, from PHB1 materials, to more exotic), Weapons on the second floor, and armors on the third. Amiel's is known to have almost every weapon in stock, and to be able to get any they don't have. Do you want a cold iron, flaming spiked chain? They have 8 different colors. Want a Solar's sword? Come back in three days and it's there. Mountain plate? they have granite, sandstone (for decorative purposes) and solid lava.

And a person for Ishka!
    Name: Amiel
    Race: Human(ish)
    Description: The owner of Amiel's Discount Arms and Armor Emporium, Amiel has been selling goods in Ishka so long, even the Elves wonder how he is still living. Despite his longevity, he seems completely human. He is a tall, broad shouldered man, with military cut hair, though his beard rivals those of dwarves. He leaves it undecorated however, unlike the braids and plaits of dwarven beards. If asked his story, or his last name, Amiel rarely gives the same answer twice. Even his accent changes, sounding at one point like someone fresh from Mithril Heights, then like someone from the poorest section of SoCo. Occasionally, he even sounds foreign.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2010-05-31 at 07:22 PM.

Go Tigers!

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Barbarian in the Playground

RE: The new P.O.I.s: I like all of them. If they haven't been added to the Wiki, I think they should be.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

Had an idea for a point of interest and thought I'd share it. It could be used for sidequests or an adventure area (an example would be finding someone who went missing in the area). Also, with it is a racial feat for pipe serpents and some other constructs (at DM discretion, should have some hind of steam power).

Name: The Howling Pipes
    Description: At some point in the past, a wizard known for playing pranks decided to do one in the steamworks. Having decided such, he obtained a large quantity of Pandemonic Silver, and worked applied it to the insides of a number of pieces of pipe. He then went to a somewhat isolated spot in the steamworks, and replaced a number of end pieces of pipes that blew out steam with his specially treated pipes. Due to this an area of around half a mile in diameter is filled with pipes that inspire fear in those who listen to their melody. After completing his replacement of the pipes, he added a number of enchantments to prevent the area of losing it's effect (a notable one is that the silver seems to spread through the pipes, infecting any that are replaced within an hour). However, caught up in his work, he miscalculated and became affected by the pipes himself. He was found mad on the outskirts of the area, having run in terror trying to escape for days.

The area has since become noted for criminals resistant to the fear effects occasionally taking up residency, as well as the occasional group of wild pipe serpents that show up in the area. The Howling Pipes is also a popular spot for dares among youths, particularly those who are currently studying at the Academy nearby. Due to this there are occasionally those who get lost.
    Special Rules: Due to the Pandemonic Silver in the pipes, upon entering the area and once per minute thereafter, people must make a will save or become shaken (these accumulate if they fail multiple times) until they leave the area (the speed of the steam coming out of the pipes at any given time is 2d20+20. See the chart for Pandemonic Silver (Complete Adventurer) to find the DC for the save based on wind speed). There is also a 1 in 10 chance that a particularly terrifying note will sound. Each time a save is made, roll 1d10, on a 10, increase the DC by 5 and anyone who fails will cower 1d4 rounds in addition to becoming more frightened.

Pandemonic Silver Piping
    Your pipes are lined with Pandemonic Silver. Likely made using pipes gathered from the Howling Pipes
    Prerequisite: First level (or upgraded), Pipe Serpent (or other steam powered construct).
    Benefits: You may as a standard action release a bout of steam from a valve triggering the Pandemonic Silver. This causes it to act as if you had drawn a Pandemonic Silver weapon. The wind speed is 1d20+20. You may increase the wind speed by storing up pressure through using a move action. This increases the wind speed by 10. For every round that you don't do so, the stored pressure decreases by one increment. This may only be used once ever 1d4+1 rounds due to the need to accumulate pressure again.

Might also make notes for the wizard at some point, though if someone else wants to feel free to do so.

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2010-05-31 at 09:34 PM.
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

7. - Top - End - #1117

PirateGuy

I still am awaiting membership to the wiki..

More POI

Business: Pickle and Ponce
    District: NoCo
    Description: The Pickle and Ponce is an older establishment, extremely popular with Police, Firefighters and Streetbuilders. It's not an exclusive club, but you would be very surprised to see the average warehouse worker in for a drink.

Business: West Bay Eatery
    District: Mere
    Description: One of the most expensive and exclusive places to go in Ishka, West Bay is popular with wealthy businessmen, as well as government officials

That's all I'll post for now, seeing as they are being used in an active campaign
    Sheriff of Moddingham: Thread locked for whatever reason for locking it pops into your head first.

Ishka will never die!

8. - Top - End - #1118

Quote Originally Posted by Erutaron View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    More POI

Description: The Pickle and Ponce is an older establishment, extremely popular with Police, Firefighters and Streetbuilders. It's not an exclusive club, but you would be very surprised to see the average warehouse worker in for a drink.

Description: One of the most expensive and exclusive places to go in Ishka, West Bay is popular with wealthy businessmen, as well as government officials

That's all I'll post for now, seeing as they are being used in an active campaign
    Please put the full descriptions on the Wiki, you don't need to be a member to edit the pages, the only thing you can't do without membership is create new pages, or links between pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1119

We have three seperate pages for important people, Saints, Other Important People, and Non-Player Characters, not to mention there are some NPC's on other pages.....would it make sense to put everyone onto one organized page, or to leave it as is?

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Troll in the Playground

More POI

Come on, you know you wanna put all the rest of those places up there. That way I can figure out which portal to go through.

Go Tigers!

11. - Top - End - #1121

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaFiori View Post
    Come on, you know you wanna put all the rest of those places up there. That way I can figure out which portal to go through.
    Why not just split the party and go through both portals.....nothing bad ever happens when you split the party up

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

Why not just split the party and go through both portals.....nothing bad ever happens when you split the party up
    There's only two of us at the portals to begin with. We've already split up

Go Tigers!

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is all very confusing to me but if it makes sense to you then roll with it for your campaign.
    I do not understand what is confusing. Pleas be specific. I will attempt to clarify. The first one (upper left) is me clarifying that the small drawings of the color lines are the results of my finding the shortest rout to/from PCS on that secondary line because the farthest points from the main line are not the farthest points from PCS (except on the line 1 aka the white line) if we have the short cuts as described [you find them by counting the number of stops PCS is from that color lines main line connection {remember that number we'll call it t and the station T} then count that many stations from the PCS short cut station(we'll call the station S), then count from those two stations(T and S) toward each other (you count one jump both directions {thus if T+1(one station toward the PCS short cut) and S+1(one station toward the root) are adjacent your total is M+1}you stop when you have counted to adjacent stations or the same station)].Using my fully drawn color line as an example, main line station 5 is 4 jumps from PCS thus stations N (and F) (on that line)are as far from PCS as station 5A, then that means stations R and O (and B and E) are all 5 jumps from PCS, and in turn stations Q and P (and C and D) are 6 jumps from PCS. If you were to continue you would be in a station that is closer to PCS by another path, thus they are the farthest stations from PCS (as station 6 is equidistant from PCS (by Going Counter Spin Wise) as station 5, station 6's Q,P,C,D are all at the same distance as tier 5's). I assume that it is an obvious extension of this explanation that no tire two station could be farther from PCS than these as at least one direction is nearer and there are no obstructions.
    (just to note the farthest point from PCS and the main line are not the same thing. The farthest point from the main line on every line are stations O,N,E and F as both the normal main line stop and short cut drop you of at the main line directly but only the short cut will drop you off at PCS directly [on the white line they are the same location] and both of those are on the main line{this dose not adversely affect worst case pathing})
    I forgot to mention the hash marks on the drawn out color line signify the farthest points from PCH on that line border the hatch marks, just like the dots on the line (or node tier 3&4) mean the adjacent stations (or the dotted station) are farthest from the next tier up.

I assume the notes stop 18 on the tertiary and stop J on the secondary are clear and the last was me explaining my notes and why those 2 nodes were drawn strangely . With out a more specific question I cant clear that up any better.

Basically this is just me pointing out emergent phenomena of the network so everyone knows (also I felt it necessary to clarify my time table form earlier vis-à-vis the max time to/ from PCS [the diagram I posted is a cleaner version of the one I used to figure the table out])

So basically "Astral Diamond" is a catch all term for high-denomination coinage?
    No it is not. What I am trying to get at is that not every astral diamond (gem) is of equal value so the mint (they make coins banks make paper) appraise each gem they put in a coin, then round the value up to the Next denomination then they set the diamond in a hole in an adimantium coin (you could look through the gem as it sits in the coin) that has its official value (the rounded up amount) marked on it and that specific gem’s id so you can't switch out a lower value ad(gem) for a high value one as the appraisal describes the gem in detail and is a mater of public record (think of it as a counter to high stakes coin shaving).But we can just gloss over this and say all ad are worth the same(I’d rater do this than have multi gem studded coins) I just wanted to cover this detail.

RE: The new P.O.I.s: I agree with silverscale they should go on the wiki they are very cool.

I to am still awaiting membership in the wiki.
    I’m not sure what to do about the people I will read how it’s up now and think about it.

edits in italic, sorry bout the wall o text (i had a lot to say and some of it was very detailed).
    Last edited by BLiZme.2; 2010-06-01 at 02:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

We have three seperate pages for important people, Saints, Other Important People, and Non-Player Characters, not to mention there are some NPC's on other pages.....would it make sense to put everyone onto one organized page, or to leave it as is?
    Saints should keep their own page. I could actually see it being worthwhile to make separate pages for the more important saints.
    The Other Important People and NPCs could go either way. As it is, Important people tends to be people who are of note in Ishka (as in people an average citizen has a fair chance of having heard of or been taught about). NPCs are people who might be notable to the players and GM, but aren't actually well known in the setting (such as characters from graveyard shift, who while likely would be of interest to players who have read it, aren't hugely well known). It would also be worth noting that the Important people tend to have some kind of historical significance to Ishka, or some notable power in contemporary Ishka, while someone who is just a well known shop owner would be an NPC.

That said, the distinction between NPCs and Important People can be rather vague at times. As such it could go either way.

An alternative idea would be to make one into just people from the stories of Ishka, and have them there and able to be linked to from their stories, while the other would be for anyone else of note.

Also, it might be worthwhile to decide on the Domains of all of the saints and put those on the wiki. That way it would be easy for a player to find for their character if they need it.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

15. - Top - End - #1125

Quote Originally Posted by BLiZme.2 View Post
    I do not understand what is confusing. Pleas be specific. I will attempt to clarify.
    Your notation combined with WALL OF TEXT makes for brain hurting. The salient point is that the Stations can be a confusing place to get around which is why I suggested the individual line maps posted above each door. Also I think when I get around to editing the Wiki page on Stations, things will make a whole lot more sense....I hope

No it is not. What I am trying to get at is that not every astral diamond (gem) is of equal value ........
    We're saying the same thing, no need to clarify this.
    Last edited by Silverscale; 2010-06-01 at 04:19 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1126

Quote Originally Posted by Owrtho View Post
    Saints should keep their own page. I could actually see it being worthwhile to make separate pages for the more important saints...............
    I think we should go with a page for the Saints and a separate page for other NPC's

Quote Originally Posted by Owrtho View Post
    Also, it might be worthwhile to decide on the Domains of all of the saints and put those on the wiki. That way it would be easy for a player to find for their character if they need it.

Owrtho
    If you look at the Saint's Page it already has Domains listed for them.....Patron Saint of Blah, Yadda, Etc.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still of the mind some things should get their own pages (such as more fleshed out districts, more fleshed out saints, etc.). Also, while the saints do have the patron saint of..., not all of them are their actual domains, and some list a few domains along with other things (such as patron saint of bards and truth to oneself).

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is my take on the domains of the saints domains in ?Domainname? are ones I am not certain about if a domain has a not in (this is a note) next to it that is my reasoning or assessment if the domain. notes including the word Heretical mean that if we allow heretical priests that domain would only be practiced by heretical priests of a given saint (I believe we have established that a cleric of a saint dose not have to have an alignment matching there patron just like in Eberon {and we use the same justifying mechanism namely it is your faith that runs the spell not some deific grant}).
    struck through are definitely not on the list
    Spoiler
    Show

Saint Kenrik
    AKA Kenrik the Protector AKA Kenrik the Boneguard
    Patron saint of Death, Law, and Nobility
    Domains: ?Death (heretical)?, ?Earth?, Good, ?Healing?, Law, Protection, Strength, ?War?.
    Spell Compendium domains: ?Balance?, ?Charm?, ?Cold (litches are undead with chill touch)?, ?Community?, Courage, Deathbound, ?Liberation?, Nobility, ?Retribution?, ?Undeath (maybe heretical)?

Saint Bretre
    Patron Saint of Community, Good, and Knowledge
    Domains: Good, ?Healing (his greatest act was one of spiritual healing)?, Knowledge, Magic, ?Protection?,
    Spell Compendium domains: Balance, ?Charm?, Community ?Domination (heretical)?, Rune, ?Spell?,

Saint Baltin
    Patron Saint of Strength, Glory, War, and Nobility
    Domains: ?Destruction?, ?Law?, Strength, War,
    Spell Compendium: domains: Competition, Courage, Glory, ?Inquisition?, Nobility, Pride, Purification, Retribution, Wrath

Saint Merkiel
    Patron Saint of Community, Good, Healing, and Protection
    Domains: Good, Healing, ?Luck (his appearance was very lucky)?, Protection,
    Spell Compendium: domains: Community, ?Family?, Renewal,

Saint Cassandra, the Brass Saint
    Patron Saint of Artifice, and Knowledge
    Domains: ?Earth?, Fire, Water, Knowledge, ?Law?, ?Magic?
    Spell Compendium: domains: Craft, Creation, ?Fate?, ?Force?, Gnome, Metal, ?Pride?, ?Renewal(she brought back the genius of the first builder this is a stretch)?, ?rune?, ?Spell?, Time (I propose she invented pocket watches),

Saint Olliden
    Patron Saint of love, bards, and truth to one's self.
    Domains: Good, Knowledge, ?Luck?, ?Protection?, Trickery,
    Spell Compendium domains: Charm, ?Dream?, ?Fate?, Lust,

Saint Minerva
    Patron Saint of determination, physical ability, and quick thinking.
    Domains: ?Destruction?, ?Knowledge?, ?Law?, ?Luck?, Protection, ?Strength?, ?Travel?, ?Trickery?, War.
    Spell Compendium domains: ?Celerity?, ?Community?, Competition, Purification, Retribution

First Builder
    Patron saint of Workers, Structures, and Architects.
    Domains: Earth, ?Fire?, ?Water(he laid river work this is more likely than fire)?, Knowledge, ?Law?, ?Magic?,
    Spell Compendium Domains: ?Community?, Craft, Creation, ?Dwarf, Elf,[hypothetically Human {Human is not in SC}] {he has several race domains based on the fervent belief by various groups as to his race you can have only one on your personal list}?, ?Fate?, ?Force?, Metal, Planning, Rune, ?Spell?.

Fleet-Footed Jack
    Unofficial patron saint of athletes, anarchists, and thieves.
    Domains: ?Chaos?, ?Good (he protects the poor ect)?, Luck, ?Protection(he protects the poor ect)?, Travel, Trickery,
    Spell Compendium domains: Celerity, ?Charm(rogue’s laughing charm)?, ?Competition?, ?Courage?, ?Pride?.

Hulutch
    Deviant Saint of Chaos, Destruction, Evil, and Madness
    Domains: Chaos, ?Death?, Evil, ?Knowledge(forbidden)?, ?Luck (not all luck is good)?, ?Magic?, Trickery,
    Spell Compendium domains: Cavern, ?Charm (how did he become a saint…)?,? Creation?, Darkness, Domination, Dream, Envy, ?Gluttony?, ?Greed?, ?Hatred?, ?Hunger?, ?Illusion?, Madness, ?Mentalism?, ?Mind?, Planning, Pride, ?Slime?, ?Sloth?, ?Spell?, Suffering, Summoner.

The Twin Dragon Saints
    Patron Saint of Knowledge, Nobility, Fire, and Dragons.
    Domains: Fire, Luck, Magic, ?Protection?, ?Strength?, ?Trickery?, ?War?,
    Spell Compendium domains: ?Balance (together they are balanced)?, ?Cavern?, ?Charm?, ?Community?, Competition, Dragon, ?Envy?, ?Gluttony?, ?Greed?, Nobility, ?Pride?, Scalykind, ?Spell?, ?Time?, Trade, Wealth,

The Stone Raven
    The patron of impartial justice, laws, observers, and law-keepers.
    Domains: Earth, Law, ?Magic?, ?Protection?,
    Spell Compendium domains: ?Balance?, ?Community?, ?Darkness(they use it enough)?, ?Domination(heretical)?, Fate, ?Force (the parable)?, Inquisition, ?Oracle?, Purification, Retribution, ?Tyranny (heretical)?

The Millennium Tree
    AKA The Spirit of the Tree
    Patron Saint of Animal, Air, Earth, liberation, Plant, Water, and Weather
    Domains: Air, Animal, Earth, ?Good?, ?Knowledge?, Sun, Plant, ?Protection?, ?Water?,
    Spell Compendium domains: ?Balance?, Cavern, Community, ?Moon?, ?Pestilence (heretical it is part of nature)?, Renewal, ?Spider?, ?Storm?, Windstorm.

Myndil the Shadow
    Unofficial Patron Saint of Assassins and Murderers
    Domains: ?Destruction?, ?Evil?, ?Travel?, Trickery,
    Spell Compendium domains: ?Balance?, ?Celerity?, Darkness, ?Dream?, ?Hatred (assassins are hate magnets)?,

Tren 4508
    Unofficial, but not deviant, Patron Saint of Constructs
    Domains: ?Earth?, ?Fire (all of the steam constructs)?, Death (he is a necromancer), ?Magic?, ?Knowledge?, ?Law?, ?Protection?.
    Spell Compendium domains: ?Balance?, ?Craft?, ?Creation?, ?Envy?, ?Liberation?, ?Planning?, ?Rune?, ?Spell?, ?Undeath?.
    Last edited by BLiZme.2; 2010-06-02 at 02:22 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Orc in the Playground

Jus sayin': not war for Kenrik. He lived in war, yes, he died in war, yes, but he died trying to stop a war, so I don't think it's really appropriate for him to have the war domain.

Other stuff: Does this dress make me look like a DRAGON? Rules for Glamerweaving

Excellent gnome scribe avatar to match my username by licoot.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Dwarf in the Playground

hence the ?? I was not to keen on it ether (in for completeness) consider it scrubbed

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Dwarf in the Playground

what is the canion with i cant find it? found it 5 miles. im also using the 20 mile extra spill on ether side on the page after that.
    also we recintly adid one or 2 districts what were they?The Narrows, Deepmire, Adventure Co. did i miss any not on the wiki districts page?
    Last edited by BLiZme.2; 2010-06-02 at 04:52 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Your notation combined with WALL OF TEXT makes for brain hurting. The salient point is that the Stations can be a confusing place to get around which is why I suggested the individual line maps posted above each door. Also I think when I get around to editing the Wiki page on Stations, things will make a whole lot more sense....I hope

We're saying the same thing, no need to clarify this.
    I agree stations are confusing and map of the line you are on would be very help full I still like my arrow idea but they can be combined and would help each other. I would think the map you describe would not be best placed on the carriage but near buy or posted above the counter on the info kiosks

As to the ad I was more disagreeing with ForzaFiori (about having many gems and being made of platinum not adamant) sorry about that I was tired and pressed for time.

(also I have gotten the outline of the canyon and city done for my city map {pictures of this stage soon} {the lake still dose not look right and I have some things I want to discus later about the harbor {basically is it open or sheltered if sheltered I picture a tight C shape with the river in the middle of the curve and a ?berm?[right word] out beyond the opening you sail between the berm and the city to get to the harbor though I am sure there are docks out there in fact that island district in the harbor (not sunset the other one) could serve as the brake water for the inner harbor and the outer docks could still be exposed})

Sketch of C harbor with island

An ! Means a cluster of docks
    ~ is water
    everything else is coast or land as appropriate

Spoiler
    Show

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~_____________~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~!!| island district.|!~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~!!|………….…....….|!~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~|____________|~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!~~~~
    -------------~~~~~~----------------
    ……..……../!~~~~~~~~!\
    …...……../!~~~~~~~~~.!\
    …...……..\!~~~~~~~~~.!/
    ………….....\!!!!~~~~~!!!!/
    ……………........\!!!!!!!!!/…?port station?
    Last edited by BLiZme.2; 2010-06-02 at 04:50 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1133

PirateGuy

So, after viciously cutting a swath through Silverscales Ishka compendium he sent using liberal amounts of "delete key", I've uncovered a few unresolved discussions and fun topics:

Namely the following (How about we go through in order, and maybe even one at a time.

Districts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dwarven District: no ideas from me on this one
    Two additional Sub-districts of Ether:
    Canal District: Maybe a venice like area with gondolas and houses built with doors a foot above the water

POI:
    Spoiler
    Show

Fresh water Resevoir
    Unfinished Streetbuilder Projects
    Larksbur is a nieghborhood in the Commons
    'The Quick Bend' (2nd level down).
    'Wombletown Grave' (16th level down)

Also a few other things are some organizations. I've been thinking maybe we should have a few more big companies, rather than more government run establishments. Maybe a private investigative firm that is a rival to MI, and a few more businesses like FCC.

Also some discussion about Surface dwellers would be nice, maybe a few POI for up top.

Ishka will never die!

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Orc in the Playground

Canal District: Maybe a venice like area with gondolas and houses built with doors a foot above the water.
    Sounds like Mere to me. No need for anything else there, Mere fits the flavour well enough.

Other stuff: Does this dress make me look like a DRAGON? Rules for Glamerweaving

Excellent gnome scribe avatar to match my username by licoot.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Business, Darhum and Coop
    Darhum and Coop is a law firm based out of Mithril Heights. They are primarily defense lawyers, and are known as being some of the most effective, and expensive, lawyers in the city. They are famous for defending high-level Alliance members against MI's accusations.
    The Falcons are frequently called in to handle drunken MI's standing outside the Darhum and Coop offices shouting obscenities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

As to the ad I was more disagreeing with ForzaFiori (about having many gems and being made of platinum not adamant) sorry about that I was tired and pressed for time.
    Eh, I was close enough. We simply used different methods to change the cost. Big whoop.

Go Tigers!

27. - Top - End - #1137

Wow so much to respond to where to start.....

The Harbor: According to my revised description of Sphen on the Wiki, the Harbor is made up of 2 penisulas that come off the main land forming a sort of C shape and then there are a series of Islands, one big one in particular that is home to a lot of exotic flora and fauna (ALA The Galapagose) these islands are linked to the penisulas and by extention the main land by a series of food bridges. The widest gap between islands is used as the main entrance to the harbor and is flanked by a pair of massive light houses to mark the safe passage.

Canal District
    : As I understand it would be between The Lake District and Galdren along a series of canals that eventually become irrigation for Galdren. Where as Mere is the bottom most layer over the lake, the canals would be a single layer stretching along toward Galdren. Since it's certainly not the only for of irrigation for Galdren it need not be overly large, perhaps half a dozen decent size waterways, say .1-.25 miles wide but with a uniform man-made depth of 15ft.

Other P.O.I., Businesses, Etc: The more the merrier. You write it up and if people seem to like it, I'll post it to the Wiki

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

This is my take on the domains of the saints domains in ?Domainname? are ones I am not certain about if a domain has a not in (this is a note) next to it that is my reasoning or assessment if the domain. notes including the word Heretical mean that if we allow heretical priests that domain would only be practiced by heretical priests of a given saint (I believe we have established that a cleric of a saint dose not have to have an alignment matching there patron just like in Eberon {and we use the same justifying mechanism namely it is your faith that runs the spell not some deific grant}).
    struck through are definitely not on the list
    Spoiler
    Show

Saint Kenrik
    AKA Kenrik the Protector AKA Kenrik the Boneguard
    Patron saint of Death, Law, and Nobility
    Domains: ?Death (heretical)?, ?Earth?, Good, ?Healing?, Law, Protection, Strength, ?War?.
    Spell Compendium domains: ?Balance?, ?Charm?, ?Cold (litches are undead with chill touch)?, ?Community?, Courage, Deathbound, ?Liberation?, Nobility, ?Retribution?, ?Undeath (maybe heretical)?

Saint Bretre
    Patron Saint of Community, Good, and Knowledge
    Domains: Good, ?Healing (his greatest act was one of spiritual healing)?, Knowledge, Magic, ?Protection?,
    Spell Compendium domains: Balance, ?Charm?, Community ?Domination (heretical)?, Rune, ?Spell?,

Saint Baltin
    Patron Saint of Strength, Glory, War, and Nobility
    Domains: ?Destruction?, ?Law?, Strength, War,
    Spell Compendium: domains: Competition, Courage, Glory, ?Inquisition?, Nobility, Pride, Purification, Retribution, Wrath

Saint Merkiel
    Patron Saint of Community, Good, Healing, and Protection
    Domains: Good, Healing, ?Luck (his appearance was very lucky)?, Protection,
    Spell Compendium: domains: Community, ?Family?, Renewal,

Saint Cassandra, the Brass Saint
    Patron Saint of Artifice, and Knowledge
    Domains: ?Earth?, Fire, Water, Knowledge, ?Law?, ?Magic?
    Spell Compendium: domains: Craft, Creation, ?Fate?, ?Force?, Gnome, Metal, ?Pride?, ?Renewal(she brought back the genius of the first builder this is a stretch)?, ?rune?, ?Spell?, Time (I propose she invented pocket watches),

Saint Olliden
    Patron Saint of love, bards, and truth to one's self.
    Domains: Good, Knowledge, ?Luck?, ?Protection?, Trickery,
    Spell Compendium domains: Charm, ?Dream?, ?Fate?, Lust,

Saint Minerva
    Patron Saint of determination, physical ability, and quick thinking.
    Domains: ?Destruction?, ?Knowledge?, ?Law?, ?Luck?, Protection, ?Strength?, ?Travel?, ?Trickery?, War.
    Spell Compendium domains: ?Celerity?, ?Community?, Competition, Purification, Retribution

First Builder
    Patron saint of Workers, Structures, and Architects.
    Domains: Earth, ?Fire?, ?Water(he laid river work this is more likely than fire)?, Knowledge, ?Law?, ?Magic?,
    Spell Compendium Domains: ?Community?, Craft, Creation, ?Dwarf, Elf,[hypothetically Human {Human is not in SC}] {he has several race domains based on the fervent belief by various groups as to his race you can have only one on your personal list}?, ?Fate?, ?Force?, Metal, Planning, Rune, ?Spell?.

Fleet-Footed Jack
    Unofficial patron saint of athletes, anarchists, and thieves.
    Domains: ?Chaos?, ?Good (he protects the poor ect)?, Luck, ?Protection(he protects the poor ect)?, Travel, Trickery,
    Spell Compendium domains: Celerity, ?Charm(rogue’s laughing charm)?, ?Competition?, ?Courage?, ?Pride?.

Hulutch
    Deviant Saint of Chaos, Destruction, Evil, and Madness
    Domains: Chaos, ?Death?, Evil, ?Knowledge(forbidden)?, ?Luck (not all luck is good)?, ?Magic?, Trickery,
    Spell Compendium domains: Cavern, ?Charm (how did he become a saint…)?,? Creation?, Darkness, Domination, Dream, Envy, ?Gluttony?, ?Greed?, ?Hatred?, ?Hunger?, ?Illusion?, Madness, ?Mentalism?, ?Mind?, Planning, Pride, ?Slime?, ?Sloth?, ?Spell?, Suffering, Summoner.

The Twin Dragon Saints
    Patron Saint of Knowledge, Nobility, Fire, and Dragons.
    Domains: Fire, Luck, Magic, ?Protection?, ?Strength?, ?Trickery?, ?War?,
    Spell Compendium domains: ?Balance (together they are balanced)?, ?Cavern?, ?Charm?, ?Community?, Competition, Dragon, ?Envy?, ?Gluttony?, ?Greed?, Nobility, ?Pride?, Scalykind, ?Spell?, ?Time?, Trade, Wealth,

The Stone Raven
    The patron of impartial justice, laws, observers, and law-keepers.
    Domains: Earth, Law, ?Magic?, ?Protection?,
    Spell Compendium domains: ?Balance?, ?Community?, ?Darkness(they use it enough)?, ?Domination(heretical)?, Fate, ?Force (the parable)?, Inquisition, ?Oracle?, Purification, Retribution, ?Tyranny (heretical)?

The Millennium Tree
    AKA The Spirit of the Tree
    Patron Saint of Animal, Air, Earth, liberation, Plant, Water, and Weather
    Domains: Air, Animal, Earth, ?Good?, ?Knowledge?, Sun, Plant, ?Protection?, ?Water?,
    Spell Compendium domains: ?Balance?, Cavern, Community, ?Moon?, ?Pestilence (heretical it is part of nature)?, Renewal, ?Spider?, ?Storm?, Windstorm.

Myndil the Shadow
    Unofficial Patron Saint of Assassins and Murderers
    Domains: ?Destruction?, ?Evil?, ?Travel?, Trickery,
    Spell Compendium domains: ?Balance?, ?Celerity?, Darkness, ?Dream?, ?Hatred (assassins are hate magnets)?,

Tren 4508
    Unofficial, but not deviant, Patron Saint of Constructs
    Domains: ?Earth?, ?Fire (all of the steam constructs)?, Death (he is a necromancer), ?Magic?, ?Knowledge?, ?Law?, ?Protection?.
    Spell Compendium domains: ?Balance?, ?Craft?, ?Creation?, ?Envy?, ?Liberation?, ?Planning?, ?Rune?, ?Spell?, ?Undeath?.
    I already did this back on page twelve, though, there may be more saints since then, and I only stated out pathfinder domains, but I hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by the doomed one View Post
    I have also given some thought on domains for the saints.

(keep in mind i am working from a pathfinder standpoint and the domains can be found here)

Spoiler
    Show

Baltin
    Strength, Glory, War, Nobility

Bretre
    Community, Good, Knowledge

Cassandra
    Artifice, Knowledge

First Builder
    Artifice, Knowledge

Fleet-Footed Jack
    Chaos, Luck, Travel, Trickery

Hulutch
    Chaos, Destruction, Evil, Madness

Kenric
    Death, Law, Nobility

Merkel
    Community, Good, Healing, Protection

Millennium Tree
    Animal, Air, Earth, liberation, Plant, Water, Weather

Minirva
    Knowledge, Strength, Protection, Luck

Olliden
    Charm, Magic, Luck

Stone Raven
    Knowledge, Law, Magic, Protection

Twin Dragons
    Knowledge, Nobility, Fire

Also i shall take that advice into consideration.

Edit: wording and spelling
    Edit2: Added Knowledge and Magic to Stone Raven.
    Edit3: Bolded names, alphabetized.

29. - Top - End - #1139

District: The Canal District
    Other names: The Canals, Lovers Paradise
    Government Type: ??????
    Police Force: ??????
    Description: Stretching from the lake toward Galdren are 5 massive canals each half a mile wide and 20 feet deep. Oringinally dug by the Streetbuilders to help Irrigate the massive farms of Galdren, The Canals have become lined with houses and high-end shops looking to get a piece of the prime relastate. To connect the houses together across the canals, hundreds of bridges have been built forming a lattice of footpaths all around. There is enough space under the bridges for barges and other, smaller water craft to get through. A regular site on the waters of The Canal District, especially at night, are the Gandolas that ferry people for a fee and are often rented by lovers looking for an evening on the open waterways.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Dwarf in the Playground

@ Erutaron
    Dwarven District: isn’t this the narrows?
    Two additional Sub-districts of Ether: what (can I get a link or a summery pleas)?
    Canal District: cool I like it in Galidrin like Silverscale says

POIs no idea what to do for now maybe when I’ve had a nap
    A PI firm would be good we would want at least two (detailed) one very mercenary like and no to terribly moral like the old Pinkertons and one dashing hard boiled sleuth like Sam Spade

@BRC that is amazing amounts of awesome in so little space you are incredible

@ ForzaFiori your right it isn’t a big deal I just really dislike your version and I don’t know why (gem studded coins seams foolish the as I imagine mine there is a thin web of adimantium holding the gem in not just some little pegs of platinum) it just seams wrong also iv been exhausted the last three times I’ve posted it must be showing sorry to snip

@Silverscale Thanks for the reminder about Sphen I thought we had come to something like that (now I remember the discussion at least more clearly) you cleared some stuff up thanks.
    I do not remember the canals but I like how you describe them here

@ the doomed one yah I now you did do that earlier but there are two key problems
    1. pathfinder ~= 3.5 not pathfinder = 3.5
    2 I think you are missing some saints. I will compare our lists later and bold any matches and italicize approximations. Any idea on removals or more additions to the 3.5 version would be cool.

@ anyone and everyone(this would be a good account name )
    dose anyone have any advice (or references) on how to draw a lake I cant seem to make one that look natural for the map (yes i know development but I think much of the lake edge remains in a relatively native shape) [if all else fails I’ll stair at satellite views of the great lakes till something hits me maybe Ontario seams promising IIRC the shape right].