New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Crack Pairings IV - You Can't Unread It

You didn't take the opportunity away from yourself. If anything, you only made it a bit harder to get. But the harder the goal, the more rewarding it is when you accomplish it. And even if you made things harder through your actions... well... These things happen. :-/ Everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes bad things happen. But we struggle through... and we come out stronger.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Colossus in the Playground

But I don't even know if I can get it now.

I'm the idiot in a class of geniuses.

There are fifty or so people in my class all applying to teh same colleges. Only about 20 of us will get in. If we're lucky.

How will i get in if I drop AN AP CLASS?!

I haven't slept well in over a month. The nightmares keep getting worse. I hate myself, I'm filled with nothing but self-hatred, I haven't been truly happy since this summer, I'm just keeping up a facade of the happy, bubbly person I used to be, I've actually harbored suicidal thoughts for weeks...

If this isn't rock bottom for me, I don't want to know what is.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

*hugs coffee*

I can say that I agree with everyone else on that it's not over for you. You can still make it in the your dream college. One thing I've learned is that people make the process of getting into college look much harder than it really is. Colleges don't just select the people who have 4.0's on their transcript for college entry.

I hope you feel better soon.
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems, to me, that what you need most now is some serious rest. It's really difficult to succeed anything when you can't get a good night of sleep, or several in this case. It might even be impossible. Your first priority is to feel better, physically, mentally, psychologically. And that won't happen if you work yourself to death.

I really wish I could help you more...
    Formerly known as Discord here and Maladin on avatarspirit.net.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Coffee... Don't take this the wrong way. But I think you're putting yourself under more stress than you need to be under. If your health is suffering, you're having nightmares, and you're feeling suicidal, you've bitten off more than you can chew. You may be trying to hard...

Why does it have to be those colleges? You just want to be a vet, right? That doesn't take a super-duper degree. Like I said, they have colleges specifically set up for vet programs. And I can assure you they're not that extremely difficult to get into...

6. - Top - End - #966
    Dwarf in the Playground

Situation may not be as bad as it looks like. My friend was in similar situation, only he was applying on medical university. I don't know how it is in US, but in Poland You can apply next year, and take exams only of subject that You got bad marks. If it's the same, it rises Your chances ,because You don't have to concentrate on subjects You already passed. During free year You'll have You can find some work related to Your future job (or maybe become volountary worker -it's usually easier to find). My friend was working in hospital (as paramedic -i don't know if it's good word, but he was worker for simple tasks) that year -first as volonteer (they did't pay him), and later as regular worker. It helped him much in future studies -in fact he was only one in class with any working experience, and was considered expert by his classmates.
    Besides, school marks don't judge about person's value. I had the worst passing mark from math test (2, when best is 5 and 1 is failure) at the end of primary school and then went to worst rated higschool in the city ( they took me only because it was in the same building with my primary school ,and teacher recruiting students recognized me). I thought: "Why should I learn to exam -I'm the best in my class" -it turned out I was not. Failure can be however very strong motivation to hard work -now I'm doing doctorate on Silesian University of Technology (although I still hate math).
    Maybe the same class is on some different university? Even if it's far away from Your home, it's not thad bad to live in campus .
    I hope You can understand my English . It's the longest text in this language I wrote for few years .

7. - Top - End - #967
    Halfling in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Halfhalfling, I had never actually realized that you're not a native English speaker. So, don't worry, your English is quite understandable.

Also, I just have to mention, I like the region of Schlesien (Silesia) and Galizien (Galicia), being interested in history and the German language.

8. - Top - End - #968

Half-halfling: Your english is a bit rough, but perfectly understandable. Thanks.

Oh, and good news for the crackies on the thread: I was talking with two of my friends while having this conversation with you guys, and they are as dorky as I am, and I told them about OOTS.

And I showed them the Pregnant Kazumi Beatdown comic.

They LOVED it. They're going on an archive binge over the next few days.

And I told them that I was on the forum and about the Crack Pairings Thread.

And considering that one of them likes to draw manga (Though she's not as good as Elagune), and I gave her a manga sketchpad for her birthday, and I later saw yaoi fanart from her favorite manga in that sketchpad...It's only a matter of time.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    I haven't slept well in over a month. The nightmares keep getting worse. I hate myself, I'm filled with nothing but self-hatred, I haven't been truly happy since this summer, I'm just keeping up a facade of the happy, bubbly person I used to be, I've actually harbored suicidal thoughts for weeks...
    Why do you want to become a vet? To help animals?

Why do you stress yourself so much? Is it because you think only by reaching your maximum potential can you provide as much care as possible to animals?

If all that is true, and you link your academic success with your ability to help others, then you probably feel like by letting yourself down, you're letting the world down and should just quit.

You shouldn't feel that way. If you give up on life, you're betraying countless people and animals you haven't met yet, but will be able to help, with or without an A in AP Physics.

And academia is just one road to gaining the skills to help others. There are other ways. Perhaps the potential you can reach with a degree from a top university isn't much different than what you can accomplish with a degree from a state university.

EDIT: (ninja'd by good news)

And considering that one of them likes to draw manga (Though she's not as good as Elagune), and I gave her a manga sketchpad for her birthday, and I later saw yaoi fanart from her favorite manga in that sketchpad...It's only a matter of time.
    Good to see you remember some of the good things in life .
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2009-12-23 at 09:53 PM.

10. - Top - End - #970

GreataxeFighterGirl

Yay, Coffee, it's good to know that things are brightening for you.

Also...fresh blood for the squick gods!

Um...was I being a bit too enthusiastic again?

I jsut get like that with fresh meat...I mean, new members of our little circle.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Woo! That's the Coffee we know and love! Corrupting the minds of the innocent and dragging their poluted souls into our clutches!

12. - Top - End - #972

Hey, easy on the soul-tainting, they're my best friends.

Leave them to me.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2009-12-23 at 09:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Orc in the Playground

Coffee, I really wish I could help you with your depression, but I know I can't really, so instead I'd like to say I'm very... impressed by you. Not your pain, but everything else.

I mean I used to think I was hot stuff for... various reasons that have to do with scholarships and stuff (it's my senior year, and I lie; I still think I'm hot stuff, just less... hot), but I almost weep to think where I'd be right now if I had the sort drive you have. Last year I took AP Biology and didn't sign up for the AP test. Granted, this was because I have no intention of pursuing a career in science and my teacher should, frankly, not be allowed to teach, but still, I passed up a chance to put another thing on the transcript and didn't even bat an eyelash. I took two AP tests last year and totally bombed one.

You think your physics test will keep you out of good colleges?

I can tell just by seeing how upset you are that you're a way better student than I am and, not to brag (okay, yes to brag, but also to make a point), a couple of months ago I got a letter from Harvard asking me to apply.

On a side note, since you requested it, I shall attempt to bang out a threesome-tastic epilogue for the VxHaleyxElan(?!) thing within the next few days.

Ooo, just read the possibility of future manga yaoi. Yayness!

14. - Top - End - #974

GreataxeFighterGirl

Leave them to me.
    Oh, our little girl is almost ready for her first sacrifice...They grow up so fast.

Um...yeah, I guess I'll just go and sit in the corner, putting my foot in my mouth.

15. - Top - End - #975

Quote Originally Posted by Monzach View Post
    Oh, our little girl is almost ready for her first sacrifice...They grow up so fast.

Um...yeah, I guess I'll just go and sit in the corner, putting my foot in my mouth.
    Actually, two. And one of them cameoed in one of my crack pairings. Well, her name did.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Yay! Fresh fi-er! New Members!
    High Priest of

17. - Top - End - #977

yaoi fanart from her favorite manga in that sketchpad...It's only a matter of time.
    I would squee if it wouldn't sound so weird coming out of my mouth.

Shut up, guys can like yaoi.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Leave them to me.
    Well somebody suddenly seems to be in better spirits...

Just remember Coffee - you're not a failure to us. And we're here for you if you need us. Even if we are just people on the internet, we're still your friends.

19. - Top - End - #979

GreataxeFighterGirl

Actually, two. And one of them cameoed in one of my crack pairings. Well, her name did.
    That's a good addition you made there, or I might have started wondering about the goings-on in your school.

And, of course, would have hopped on the next available flight to look for that place. I mean, I'm a red-blooded male with the blood of the Vikings in my veins. I'm only human, dagnabbit!

20. - Top - End - #980
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post

Just remember Coffee - you're not a failure to us. And we're here for you if you need us. Even if we are just people on the internet, we're still your friends.
    Or secretly we're Eldritch Abominations feeding off of the weakening fabric of reality and are trying to use this thread to recruit people into spreading our mind-destroying word.....I'll shut up now.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    I would squee if it wouldn't sound so weird coming out of my mouth.

Shut up, guys can like yaoi.
    Lol... I haven't known any. I've known plenty of girls that did, though.

Hush, Doliest. You'll blow it.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2009-12-23 at 10:08 PM.

22. - Top - End - #982

That's a good addition you made there, or I might have started wondering about the goings-on in your school.

And, of course, would have hopped on the next available flight to look for that place. I mean, I'm a red-blooded male with the blood of the Vikings in my veins. I'm only human, dagnabbit!
    Actually, they don't go to my school.

But one of them (Completely coincidentally, the one whose name cameoed) has it worse. Her school has the soundproofed music rooms too.

A girl got knocked up in there.

23. - Top - End - #983

GreataxeFighterGirl

Actually, they don't go to my school.

But one of them (Completely coincidentally, the one whose name cameoed) has it worse. Her school has the soundproofed music rooms too.

A girl got knocked up in there.
    Has anyone ever mentioned to you that you're a total tease?

And I do hope that I don't come across as a totally creepy dirty old man around here...

I mean, a bit creepy is ok, obviously...

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

My school library has sound-proof rooms, and slightly sound-proof study rooms. The sound-proof ones require a reservation, and the study rooms require 3+ people to use...

25. - Top - End - #985

GreataxeFighterGirl

My school library has sound-proof rooms, and slightly sound-proof study rooms. The sound-proof ones require a reservation, and the study rooms require 3+ people to use...
    People regualrly get busted by nightguards in our university's central library in, um...compromising situations.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ettin in the Playground

Proper kinkiness does require planning IMHO, at least to get the materials ready and ensure the jackhammer won't cause a fuse to blow.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

27. - Top - End - #987

GreataxeFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    Proper kinkiness does require planning IMHO, at least to get the materials ready and ensure the jackhammer won't cause a fuse to blow.
    Hit-and-run interior decorating is your schtick, right?

28. - Top - End - #988
    Bugbear in the Playground

Has anyone ever mentioned to you that you're a total tease?

And I do hope that I don't come across as a totally creepy dirty old man around here...

I mean, a bit creepy is ok, obviously...
    You'd best stay out of my territory; I'm the creepy old man around here despite being younger than most of you; YOU'RE NOT TAKING IT AWAY; I spent years studying creepy from my creepy friends.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

29. - Top - End - #989

Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    Actually...There was a report a few years back of a woman who died after using a jackhammer as a, uh..."Pleasure device"

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ettin in the Playground

Hit-and-run interior decorating is your schtick, right?
    No, but I'm considering getting a degree in electrical engineering to help...facilitate my extracurricular activities.

Edit@^: I did not know that, and it worries me. I haven't actually worked on a jackhammer yet, but I did draw out plans to modify one.
    Last edited by Sstoopidtallkid; 2009-12-23 at 10:23 PM.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.