New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings V - We Revel in Infamy

I have been away far too long - last I remember the third thread was a little shorter than this.
    Politics is the most accurate word in the English language. "Poli" in Latin meaning "Many" and
    "tics" meaning "little insects"

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oooohaloophole View Post
    Well sorry for lacking friends. Actualy no, Sorry....I dont want to be a troll ...just as an example of the only dialoge I hear is: "Shut the F*** up" "Your ugly" "Shave off your moustache".
    ...You have a moustache? o_0

And please stop double posting.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-01-04 at 03:23 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

3. - Top - End - #633
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    ...You have a moustache? o_0

And please stop double posting.
    A half grown teanage one. I ...feal ashamed. I dont want to be an ahole or a jerk....just I dont get to talk in social situations much.
    Sorry for Not noticing the gender sign, sorry for offending anybody on this forum, I feel like such an ass.

I wish I could do something to make up for it.... As For friends, its very popular to petend you are thier friend but to insult the person later.
    And as for the anger thing it happened during a time When there was this great big fat jerk you knew how to throw insults right into the uncomfortably pianfull zone. You couldnt make fun of him so my anger slowly built up until I just wanted to tear off a limb...
    So no more mention of my suckiness ON WITH THE FANART Fics
    Last edited by Oooohaloophole; 2010-01-04 at 03:46 PM.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Colossus in the Playground

A half grown teanage one. I ...feal ashamed. I dont want to be an ahole or a jerk....just I dont get to talk in social situations much.
    It's okay. Just think before you click the "Post" button.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

Well sorry for lacking friends. Actualy no, Sorry....I dont want to be a troll ...just as an example of the only dialoge I hear is: "Shut the F*** up" "Your ugly" "Shave off your moustache".
    The problem is that if you insult the nerd chicks, they won't want to be with you. If you want to use snarcasm (and seriously, who doesn't now and then?), use the smilies to indicate that it is snarcasm. Just don't make the mistake of thinking that smilies can make anything okay - it can't. (this is apparently a problem with MMORPGS, where people think that writing "lol" after an insult somehow makes it ok. No.)

As for lacking friends... well, there are probably a few people here who share your experience in that regard. Talk to them, if you can find them. Until then, remember that Roy is a better role model than Belkar.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    snarcasm
    That there is an awesome word. I will endeavor to use it as often as possible.
    DeviantArt

7. - Top - End - #637
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    That there is an awesome word. I will endeavor to use it as often as possible.
    Have you visited the Domonic deagan thread? Or read the comic, its so horrible its halarios.
    No serios I meen there is the snuggly, Encyclopedia dominica, corrections on the art. Its realy fun

omg im a dwarf! How did that happen? Last I checked I was a pixie?
    Last edited by Oooohaloophole; 2010-01-04 at 04:05 PM.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

Have you visited the Domonic deagan thread? Or read the comic, its so horrible its halarios.
    Yes to both.
    DeviantArt

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-01-07 at 11:57 AM.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

10. - Top - End - #640
    Banned

Yay I finished the teath! Anyway I felt most satisfied with the ears. They are genaraly perked in a elven way while having an goblin design. I fiddled with the hiar some more and changed the eyes colour. I also added a gadget pouch cause.

When in the process of creating this idea I wasnt thinking "Well what outfit shall Idress her up in today" But "What outfit would tikal wear if she genaraly had a lift of heart but not a total do gooder change"

I realy liked your story Water-Smurf because yours felt like an actual good piece of writing, not just a random roll, its an alternative series of events.

Im trying to follow 3 rules

1: What qualities atract the characters
    2: What qualities would push them away from each other (If this quality is bigger than the first it is impossible for amour)
    3: In which surcumstance would the basic touch of love begin. Its the basic seed of love which starts the progressing relationship.
    Edit: Dammit I cant download the pic yet.
    oh nevermind

And I recieved a major rule infraction....crap. Well it was coming for me and I deserved it.
    Last edited by Oooohaloophole; 2010-01-04 at 05:35 PM.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
    Anyway, really dig the HinjoXTsukiko fic so far. It's a great start, and I can't wait to see more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sereg View Post
    ShinyDelusion your fic is another one that I’m really excited about. I believe that this is the start of an awesome multipart fic (I just love the concept and the way you portray Tsukiko).
    Thanks! And I found your latest blurbs... amusing, Sereg.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiuel View Post
    Then again, having the original Order (and friends) making some sort of great party and conceiving all the children then would be... in the spirit of this thread, to say the least.
    Exactly. And, like Sereg, I wouldn't mind seeing more OotSJr. stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    I am amid packing for my trip back to boarding school, so I'm keeping any replies I have for my next post. I have time to ask these two questions, however:

1. How do you think Inkyrius would react if Redcloak was the one explaining the whole 'V is pregnant btw' situation while Vaarsuvius was unconscious for pregnancy-related medical reasons. I think I've asked this before, but I can't find an answer. And, if you have time, please add on how s/he would react if someone else from the Order explained it.

2. I'm thinking of doing a highschool AU. Would anyone be interested or is that just too out there?
    I think Zanaril covered question 1 pretty well, and as for question 2, I say go for it if you're feeling it! Have fun!
    That's what she said.
    Susan Sto Helit avatar by Felyndiira.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yiuel I’d actually love to read the adventures of Oots jr. as a long ongoing series.
    That may become yet another meme of the Crackpairing thread, the children's ludicrous adventures and relations.

The fact that I love writing about generational stories makes it even better, since I'd be really interested to follow up on them. There are many other characters about whom we could write unending stories.

One thing ShinyDelusion (and perhaps to a lesser extent you) must remember is that their ages actually have to be wildly different form each other (they’re different races after all). In fact I think you’re going to have to make the elves seriously underage (maybe they ran away from home and lied to the rest of thegroup about when elves reach maturity), they just age too slowly (remember that according to Races of the Wild, elves reach physical maturity long before they reach mental, emotional and social maturity and that though Rich clearly doesn’t go completely with RotW, it’s a useful guideline). I once wrote some formulas for the various player character races to work out their equivalent human age (and vice versa) (I think I just scored nerd points) so I can work out about how old they should be acting (roughly).
    I had indeed thought about it already. About the Elves, this is indeed my biggest problem. They are too young. Even if you make the human children a lot older, they'll still be too young (like 50ish, they're young teenagers (12-13)!). We could bend the rules a little bit, but we'd still have to deal with preteens. But it might be interesting in their own way, as I could use them to deconstruct teenaged D&D players (that is, what if their characters were teens). This could be played for half. I already see the one in the middle (I'll come back for names) as being an obnoxious brat, as evidenced by Haley's son next to the young elf. The other one could actually be a lot wiser (as there are many teens not becoming brats out there, *points self*) and while being clumsy, could be tolerable. The half-dwarf would have similar issues, but not as badly.

Going by your picture, fic and how I imagine children being born and raised in those families I’ve developed a few ideas about what the characters are like (we need names for them please!)
    Names... The reason why I did not want to come up with names, even in the text, was to avoid creating names I would later regret. They'd be treated as fanon, and I would like them to suit the feeling of the names. I did think about a name for Roy's son, Alexander (aka "Leader of Men" in Greek, related to Roy, "King" in French, and Eugene, "good begetter" in Greek.).

I'd still have to think about the other names. A Japanese-style name for Daigo and Kazumi's girl will not be a problem for me (Japanese second-language speaker here). Same for Lien and Durkon's girl, I think I have an idea, as I am surrounded by Vietnamese people here.

As I said, I see Roy’s child as rebelling against his father and trying to prove that he can be an effective hero and leader as a wizard (Yay, ironic cycles!) though I can see him taking advantage of his large strength like Roy tries to make use of his intelligence, becoming a gish-type character, basically using his spells to make himself better at hitting things with his dad’s sword. You seem to have made Roy’s son much more calm and gentle than his father (maybe that’s due to being nervous) but that makes sense from having a mother like his.
    Remember that Roy's father was (and still IS) a total jerkass. An epic one, actually. That explains a lot of Roy's rebeliousness, at least to my eyes. I think Roy has grown up from his experience on the fluffy clouds with his father, so he probably wouldn't be a jerk himself with his son. I could however picture Roy's son as being multiclassed Fighter(maj.)/Wizard(min.) (and it would make the whole thing more subtile than a return of the wheel), using his Wizard powers to boost himsef. Also, I did not show it, but I intended to make use of Celia's racial magical features somehow (perhaps a bonus on multiclassing as Wizard, since magic would be "natural" to him, or maybe just have him being able to throw electrical waves like his mother can).

For Elan and Haley’s twins, I see the girl as taking after her father but having inherited her mothers intelligence, wisdom and general competence, making her more of a Luna Lovegood cloudcookoolander than an Elan cloudcookoolander (and actually more of a Wonka than a cloudcookoolander), her brother is the snarky rogue who takes after his mother but has inherited his father’s flair for the dramatic,
    That's actually how I pictured them, mostly. The brother I made intentionally snarky to contrast with his sister's antics related to a shared point with her mother : Cannot Spit It Out. (Notice how she's better than her mother, she learns from her twin brother.) And I fully intend to have our snarky twin be a Dashing Swordsman, and he'd have his father's Charisma. (He also inherited of Julio's parting gift. I paid attention to the small details!) I think I'll also go with the sister being a Cleric to her father's god. (For all the lolz that could create.)

I also thought it would be funny if the daughter of Daigo and Kazumi had inherited her father’s paranoia about revealing her last name (which would also explain why you don’t reveal it before we know what Da… is) you seem to have made her the calm noble one which makes sense as she’s a noble monk and oldest besides the elves (and therefore definitely the most mentally mature by far).
    Oldest, Monk, Noble, Good. She will be the coolhead in the party. I like the name thing though.

You’ve also made it pretty clear that Lien’s daughter is Lien’s daughter at least from what we’ve seen, maybe she doesn’t like water or trees and has a completely terrestrial (maybe even burrowing mount).
    I didn't characterize her much, except the whole "Good not Stupid" thing. What would being half-dwarf imply though is the main issue. Water and Rock do not mix very well. The burrowing mount is a good idea. A beaver mount could have been fun (loves water, but hardworking, and EATS TREES FOR BREAKFAST MWAHAHAHA ).

V’s children are difficult as they’re not even mature yet and therefore highly malleable, you could almost do anything with them they’ve clearly decided to take after V’s side of the family and go adventuring (I suspect that they decided they wanted to be different classes and the the slightly more dominant one got first pick of wizard like “other parent” and the other decided to
    Spoiler
    Show
    try copying grandparent and other grandparent.
    Wow, that was long. I guess what I’m saying is even if it isn’t crack, want moar.
    What about making the little brat a Sorcerer, just to piss off V a little more? I know we all love our wizard, but that would make things funnier, and would explain our young Sorcerer in the party. As for the other, I didn't even remember V's backstory about hir parents. I must be born lucky to have done that. That said, I think I'll just keep it. It would be fun though to have the Ranger have ranks in Profession (baker) for the fun of hir following unknowingly in Belkar's path, and follow up with hir higher wisdom (to make a link with Inkie).
    Beware the many wrong things in this spoiler!
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Order of the Stick Jr.
    Meet : Alexander, Joan, Ross, Leilandius, Hitomi, Ngoc and Arduvanius

As interpreted (and drawn) by yours truly, Yiuel

Yiuel LeMelvillois
    Only on blank paper do we write the best stories...

13. - Top - End - #643
    Halfling in the Playground

I know it's your stories/comics (not sure on which it's going to be), but shouldn't Tiasel be in the party becuase the VxRedcloak stories are a hit on the thread?
    Although I couldn't see V and Redclaok's child with V and Kyrie's...
    And who would be the antagonist? The Monster in the Darkness is rampaging across the country gathering minions?
    No, the MITD is a sort of pacifist.
    Last edited by Lawyergoblin; 2010-01-04 at 09:48 PM.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Let's throw out a few random rolls:

Julia X Yok Yok, everyone is a furry version of themselves.

Roy's Archon X Lord Shojo, Someone is a vampire.

Durkon X Zombie Dragon Head, Drunkeness.

Thog X Sarah Greenhilt, Furry version.

Kazumi X Bone Golem Roy, In the afterlife, in French Maid costumes.

Gender-flipped Roy X Kazumi, Jolio Scoundrel, Zz'Dtri, Nale, Roy, Shadowdancer, Love/Hate relationship.

As messed up as this thread is, that last one really takes the cake.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyergoblin View Post
    I know it's your stories/comics (not sure on which it's going to be), but shouldn't Tiasel be in the party becuase the VxRedcloak stories are a hit on the thread?
    Although I couldn't see V and Redclaok's child with V and Kyrie's...
    I took a personal interpretation to the future of the OotS. Basically and bluntly, the Redcloak-V crackpairing is not part of it. (I tried to take some subtext actually present, and I am generally following Canon (well, up until comic #696, for reference) if possible.

However, I could see an Jirix-Tsukiko pair, and Nale-Sabine could probably give us a large family of half-fiends.

And who would be the antagonist? The Monster in the Darkness is rampaging across the country gathering minions?
    No, the MITD is a sort of pacifist.
    But... do we already need Cerebrus Syndrome? Have I already Grown the Beard that much?
    Spoiler
    Show

Yiuel LeMelvillois

16. - Top - End - #646
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Stryke View Post
    1. Inky is probably level-headed enough to not immediately begin blasting Redcloak. I don't think he would understand the situation, but he'd probably wait for V to wake up before taking any action against Redcloak. He might try to magically discern if Redcloak was telling the truth though.
    Inky is an apprentice baker!

That said, otherwise, I think your basic read is solid. Just replace "blast" with "hit" and "magically-discern" with "get Darius to do it."

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ettin in the Playground

On Elf children: They don't age that much slower than human children. By 25, they're physically and mentally the equivalent of an 18 year old. IIRC, at 16 they're similar to a 12-year old. Half-elves, of course, age faster than that, though slower than humans, and close association with other races can cause the mental numbers to change somewhat, as well.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    On Elf children: They don't age that much slower than human children. By 25, they're physically and mentally the equivalent of an 18 year old. IIRC, at 16 they're similar to a 12-year old. Half-elves, of course, age faster than that, though slower than humans, and close association with other races can cause the mental numbers to change somewhat, as well.
    Not in the Stickverse, where V's 26 year old twins were in kindergarten.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyronea View Post
    Inky is an apprentice baker!

That said, otherwise, I think your basic read is solid. Just replace "blast" with "hit" and "magically-discern" with "get Darius to do it."
    Gah, I'm mixing up my minor elf (elf minor?) characters. When I mentioned Inky I was actually thinking of Darius.

Though, as you pointed out, Inky's reactions probably wouldn't be significantly different. More tears and hurt feelings, perhaps. He's already probably written V off at this point, what with the divorce and all, so he might just walk out.

20. - Top - End - #650

Griffon

Thank you ShinyDelusion for the compliment and thank you Yiuel for your thorough response to my comentary. I loved it and think that your ideas are wonderful. I especially like the idea of the beaver mount.

@Sstoopidtallkid: As Conuly said, the Stickverse does not seem to use RotW's interpretation on elven aging. My formulas which I wrote before getting RotW appear to give similar results to what we expect as they say that an elf in their mid-20's should be roughly equivalent to a human 3 year-old.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Conuly View Post
    Not in the Stickverse, where V's 26 year old twins were in kindergarten.
    Indeed.

And I think I like the whole "teenager thing" :P
    Spoiler
    Show

Yiuel LeMelvillois

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, V is an arcane spellcaster who is getting close to 9th level spells. Perhaps he raised them in a fast-time demiplane to protect his family from PO'd black dragons.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

23. - Top - End - #653

Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    Well, V is an arcane spellcaster who is getting close to 9th level spells. Perhaps he raised them in a fast-time demiplane to protect his family from PO'd black dragons.
    Or maybe, as V states in OotPCs (not like it's a big spoiler), in the Stickverse elves routinely spend "twenty years in diapers" as infants and toddlers.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    1. How do you think Inkyrius would react if Redcloak was the one explaining the whole 'V is pregnant btw' situation while Vaarsuvius was unconscious for pregnancy-related medical reasons.
    I think he'd start singing:

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't wanna talk
    About the things we've gone through
    Though it's hurting me
    Now it's history
    I've played all my cards
    And that's what you've done too
    Nothing more to say
    No more ace to play

The winner takes it all
    The loser standing small
    Beside the victory
    That's her destiny

I was in your arms
    Thinking I belonged there
    I figured it made sense
    Building me a fence
    Building me a home
    Thinking I'd be strong there
    But I was a fool
    Playing by the rules

The gods may throw a dice
    Their minds as cold as ice
    And someone way down here
    Loses someone dear
    The winner takes it all
    The loser has to fall
    It's simple and it's plain
    Why should I complain.

But tell me does she kiss
    Like I used to kiss you?
    Does it feel the same
    When she calls your name?
    Somewhere deep inside
    You must know I miss you
    But what can I say
    Rules must be obeyed

The judges will decide
    The likes of me abide
    Spectators of the show
    Always staying low
    The game is on again
    A lover or a friend
    A big thing or a small
    The winner takes it all

I don't wanna talk
    If it makes you feel sad
    And I understand
    You've come to shake my hand
    I apologize
    If it makes you feel bad
    Seeing me so tense
    No self-confidence
    But you see
    The winner takes it all
    The winner takes it all...

Yes, I like ABBA.

― Tim Fargo

25. - Top - End - #655
    Banned

Thumbs up Re: Crack Pairings V - We Revel in Infamy

Hhhm. Order of the stick Jr...Well sounds like fun. Yeah I think roy would encorage any class his...its son right? would pick. About the name thing with the monk be carefull cause this could either become a reacuring joke, or realy anoying. And what does Cloadamaclouda meen? So in your world V/I get back together? I doubt that bieng a sorcerer whould piss V off, If he continues to improve his attitude I think he would say "Well you got it easy but im still proud of you", in fact that could be a joke after the child that took the class realizes that he took 5 levels in a class and now hese stuck with it, when he wanted to be a wizard or somethin. But tell where MITD is in all of this, would he act more adult?
    Hey im a sorcerer, are you mad?
    Of course not , your my child and it doesnt matter which class you pick
    Oh.....well crap
    Oh and thanks fiddler =)....Is that a flying Jar?
    Last edited by Oooohaloophole; 2010-01-05 at 06:08 AM.

26. - Top - End - #656

sorry pressed the button to much. REALY REALY SORRY. I got confused with the post system
    There IS a delete post option.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Banned

eek Re: Crack Pairings V - We Revel in Infamy

OH DEAR LORD! I just rearead Watermurfs Taisal story and I wish I NEVER DID! DID THAT CLERIC DO THAT I THINK HE DID!? I meen how is this PG 13! I I I...... I think i took 10D10 Int damage when I realized that! JUST WHAT WAS THAT! I understood what the cleric was but......THIS IS JUST SICK! What Diety would allow this! I understand EVIL and CHAOTIC EVIL but even the sickest of dieties would Fall this ....MONSTER in a milisecond!
    On a side note I think redcloak would have used Heal rather than cure major wounds on V.

Actualy Nevermind. Im better now. I simply remembered an even MORE disturbing Dream I had.
    Last edited by Oooohaloophole; 2010-01-05 at 09:20 AM.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Banned

ABD/Roy/Elan with American High-School and pregnancy as the plot devices.

Mmm, hawt dragon on human action in soundproof music rooms

29. - Top - End - #659

Griffon

On another note, this popped into my head this afternoon:

BadgerV! BadgerV!

We’ll ship V with whoever we can see!

V no longer has the splice

So V’s trying to be nice!

Look out! Here comes BadgerV!

I…I think this thread is seriously starting to affect me

And the scariest thing is I like it…more than I think I should!

30. - Top - End - #660
    Banned

On another note, this popped into my head this afternoon:

BadgerV! BadgerV!

We’ll ship V with whoever we can see!

V no longer has the splice

So V’s trying to be nice!

Look out! Here comes BadgerV!

I…I think this thread is seriously starting to affect me

And the scariest thing is I like it…more than I think I should!
    Pff I imagined a Michel jackson Xycon Singing (In Smooth criminal melody) Redcloak are you watching, are you watching, are you watching redcloak as he blows a goblins head off.
    As well as "We are the headless dancing people and where here to say (Badadadadpum) Where gonna haunt you till your very last day! You may not remember us during the day, but during the night we come out to play!
    Last edited by Oooohaloophole; 2010-01-05 at 08:55 AM.