New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VI - We've Finally Stooped to Shipping Ourselves

I'm back! Not that anyone cares...
    Well...expect more VxZ soon, oh how very soon.
    Also, I disagree, abjuration is a very powerful school, as it can block other magic. And...if played well, (with LOTS of extras) evocation can be quite useful.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyergoblin View Post
    I'm back! Not that anyone cares...
    Well...expect more VxZ soon, oh how very soon.
    Also, I disagree, abjuration is a very powerful school, as it can block other magic. And...if played well, (with LOTS of extras) evocation can be quite useful.
    Hey, I care! Welcome back!

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...what's the special drink for?
    Drowning my sorrows before they learn how to swim! I better do it quick--those bastards are quick learners.

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    I can totally see him doing that... He can probably be quite charming when he wants to be.
    Poor Vaarsuvius! (I can't help but giggle.) She has someone she hates with an ungodly amount of Charisma seducing her. With Xykon's Charisma score, would he be able to actually get her to like it, at least in part? He'd never be able to get her to fall in love, but maybe she'd like feeling attractive...

Hang on, if he's charming enough do you think he could convince himself?

*wonders where her brain is going with this. Oh wait, that's where it's going!*
    I don't know where it's going. Care to spell it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Wouldn't Tsukiko turn green with jealousy and envy? I mean, she is totally in love with Xykon - and he goes off galliwanting with some elven chick!
    Oh, she'd be absolutely pissed. She'd probably go after V for it.

Two "love" triangles:

Tsukiko-Xykon-Vaarsuvius
    and
    Redcloak-Vaarsuvius-Xykon
    With Vaarsuvius having no idea how the hell she ended up in this situation. And Deirdre joining in when she's old enough.

But seriously, Reddy ought to pack up his family and leave before this becomes a Jerry Springer show.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

4. - Top - End - #1444

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    With Vaarsuvius having no idea how the hell she ended up in this situation. And Deirdre joining in when she's old enough.

But seriously, Reddy ought to pack up his family and leave before this becomes a Jerry Springer show.
    I can think of several ways to resolve this, but I think they become illegal when Deirdre gets older.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry for the slightly off topic but very promising comic ya got there Coffee.

6. - Top - End - #1446

Well, it appears that the new thread is going to be created when I'm offline, as I'm going to bed fairly soon. Don't wait for me, somebody contact the Index Keeper (almighty title of power) and make the thread.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

7. - Top - End - #1447

Quote Originally Posted by MasamuneSSX View Post
    Sorry for the slightly off topic but very promising comic ya got there Coffee.
    Thank you! I'm almost done with the newest update.

Say, what happened to the Squickies?

FFFFFFFFFFF--

THE SCIENCE COMPETITION GOT POSTPONED BECAUSE OF THE SNOWSTORM!
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-02-05 at 09:48 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1448

I'm going to bed now. I'll be back online in around 10-12 hours. We have around 22 more posts until the thread reaches page 50, so if we keep things slow for the time being, then hopefully we won't reach page 50 while Fiddler and I are sleeping.
    See you guys in the morning.

Edit: You guys can go ahead and post as much as you want now.
    Last edited by Lira; 2010-02-06 at 01:13 PM.
    Credits to half-halfling for my adorable avatar.

Come visit the Discussion Thread Index II.
    Looking for a new webcomic to read? Take a look at the Webcomic List.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sereg View Post
    Ok, it’s time that I started my promised Miko/Sangwaan fic.
    Lord Shojo has asked me to join the Sapphire guard and my training is now complete.
    I love the way you're setting the scene there, just one minor chronological nitpick...

How long did Miko's training last? Because she was recruited when she was 13...

Also I saw on the Fanservice thread that Raging Gene Ray expressed interest in some Niu/Thanh, well I’ll work on that as well.
    It wasn't an interest so much as curiosity...after all, all the pieces are in place (common cause, differences that compliment one another [rogue and paladin], frequently together [seem to have similar ranks in the Resistance])

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few lines in future comics hinting towards something like that between them.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Thank you! I'm almost done with the newest update.

Say, what happened to the Squickies?

FFFFFFFFFFF--

THE SCIENCE COMPETITION GOT POSTPONED BECAUSE OF THE SNOWSTORM!
    It happens. You can plan new crack pairings while you prepare.

And who is Deirdre?
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-06 at 03:26 AM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

11. - Top - End - #1451

BardGirl

Deirdre is the "Alter Ego" so to say of Tiasal, you can read that story on DA.
    Trying to return to some communities from where I've vanished in the last few years. Trying to become more active in general. Social connections are like drugs xD"
    So, I'm in college now! In a city at the other end of the country, five hours by train.
    I can't choose between my Internet Nicknames. Have about 4 of them atm.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

Can I comission a drawing?

Soul-spliced V stands looking at a clearly beaten Tiasal and saying "I'm your mother." And Tiasal going "It can't be true!!!"

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

O_o
    That's gonna be it, isn't it? V is gonna beat Xykon with a second Soul splice. I mean, since she'd already be there, it wouldn't be a problem about the antimagic runes and stuff, and she'd be at full power!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #1454

Can I comission a drawing?

Soul-spliced V stands looking at a clearly beaten Tiasal and saying "I'm your mother." And Tiasal going "It can't be true!!!"
    *breath*
    "Tia, I am your mother."

"No. No. That's not true. That's impossible!"

Dialogue something like that? I can't draw so can't do it unfortunately but I would like to see it if someone else could.
    Avatar by me...yup that's how good my drawing is. As in not very good.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleniel View Post
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, V could be wearing a black mask and cape. (innocent whistle)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #1456

BardGirl

I believe I've found a soulmate, for I thought exactly THIS when I read the comission first... Oh wait a second, we're all soulmates in here... so that probably means you fit in here perfectly. But we know this already >_<"
    Trying to return to some communities from where I've vanished in the last few years. Trying to become more active in general. Social connections are like drugs xD"
    So, I'm in college now! In a city at the other end of the country, five hours by train.
    I can't choose between my Internet Nicknames. Have about 4 of them atm.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Pixie in the Playground

I just might take a shot at drawing this.. but other, more skilled people should too! xD
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Neutral Good Halfling Bard/Sorcerer (1st/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength-11
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-12
    Find yours here,

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    You can solve both of these.

1) Download inkscape, it's free.

2) Follow Trazoi's OOTS making guide.
    I've read the guide before, but both computers in my house are extremely temperamental, so there's kind of an arbitrary "no downloading anything you don't need" rule on the household. I'll probably get it when/if I get a laptop for college.

NemoUtopia, I will comment on your fic in a later post; I'm not done reading the updates.

Loved your latest stuff as usual, Sereg, especially Dark!V x YoungAndGothic!Haley.

D'aww! Loved the "Crim x Elf" pic, Zanaril!

Nice contest entry, Yiuel. I love how surprisingly detailed it is.

KnightMysterio, I will comment on your fic in a later post; I'm not done reading the updates.

Teehee. Funny, FabuVinny.

Welcome new ficcers.

Just so y'all know, I'm not responding to non-crack stuff that came up during my absence because if I did, writing this post would take even longer, not because I don't care about any of those things (So I still love ya Coffee, but if I launched into a speech about paranoia == bad and CrackPairingsThread == good and Coffee == awesome and nightmare = false, this post would get even more ridiculously long. Also, have you tried acquiring and working your way through the AP Physics test study guide (or whatever they call those big books with all the stuff that could be on the AP tests)? Even if they kick you out of the class, they can't stop you taking the test, and as long as you're still graduating high school, passing the test is the only thing you actually need to do--oops, now I see there's a thread for that statement, I'll read it and post over there. And B's a boy. That's the problem. This will be the answer to 90% of your dating problems. *sage nod*). I'll still join the group hug, though, if it's still theoretically going! And I'm so sorry about your dog, Taekwondodo. Also, *hugs Water-Smurf*

On a slightly unrelated note, yesterday my English class almost (okay, not exactly almost due to that dumb "curriculum" thing, but we could tell that deep down, she wished she could say yes) talked our teacher into letting us blow off our research project if we wrote an amazing crossover fic of Othello and Macbeth. Also, since what sparked this conversation in the first place was the fact that Othello's her favorite fictional character of all time and Lady Macbeth's her favorite female fictional character of all time, it was heavily implied that the goal would be to invoke what should logically be her favorite crack pairing of all time...

Gah! Had to stop my trawling at around 1398 because my mom wants the nice computer. I shall return! Later...

...and a couple of hours later, I'm back. Here's the rest of my post (which I thought would end up being a different post):

Don't be silly, Lawyergoblin, we always care when a ficcer returns, especially when he returns promising more of the V x Z fic that I like.

NemoUtopia, the latest updates of Miko's Heart are just as intriguing as the ones before, and the cliffhanger you've left off on has left me anxious to read more. However, has your beta stage gotten shorter lately? I've spotted more errors than usual in your latest few chapters.

Ah, the plot thickens, KnightMysterio. I'd once again like to express how impressed I am with the quality of your work, especially since you're relatively new to the crack pairings thread. You're building some nice suspense about how long Miko can/will stay at her old home before people spot something wrong and the comic relief you threw in was funny.
    Last edited by ShinyDelusion; 2010-02-06 at 12:43 PM.
    That's what she said.
    Susan Sto Helit avatar by Felyndiira.

19. - Top - End - #1459

Griffon

@Lawyergoblin I also care, it's just difficult to comment on everyone's work at once.

@Shiny Thanks again for your positve review.

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Gene Ray View Post

I love the way you're setting the scene there, just one minor chronological nitpick...

How long did Miko's training last? Because she was recruited when she was 13...
    Yeah...I noticed that after writing my first draft. Originally this was going to happen right after recruitment, but I made a couple of alterations to make things, slightly better. Still I think that it's not such a stretch to think that her training lasted a few years and as Coffee mentioned earlier in the thread, people are considered adults in the D&D world younger than they would be in the modern, western world. Thanks for the otherwise positive reveiw though.

It wasn't an interest so much as curiosity...after all, all the pieces are in place (common cause, differences that compliment one another [rogue and paladin], frequently together [seem to have similar ranks in the Resistance])

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few lines in future comics hinting towards something like that between them.
    Still, it sparked my interest so I feel like trying it as well.

20. - Top - End - #1460

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyDelusion View Post
    Just so y'all know, I'm not responding to non-crack stuff that came up during my absence because if I did, writing this post would take even longer, not because I don't care about any of those things (So I still love ya Coffee, but if I launched into a speech about paranoia == bad and CrackPairingsThread == good and Coffee == awesome and nightmare = false, this post would get even more ridiculously long. Also, have you tried acquiring and working your way through the AP Physics test study guide (or whatever they call those big books with all the stuff that could be on the AP tests)? Even if they kick you out of the class, they can't stop you taking the test, and as long as you're still graduating high school, passing the test is the only thing you actually need to do--oops, now I see there's a thread for that statement, I'll read it and post over there. And B's a boy. That's the problem. This will be the answer to 90% of your dating problems. *sage nod*). I'll still join the group hug, though, if it's still theoretically going! And I'm so sorry about your dog, Taekwondodo. Also, *hugs Water-Smurf*
    Thanks, Shiny. *Hugs*

On a slightly unrelated note, yesterday my English class almost (okay, not exactly almost due to that dumb "curriculum" thing, but we could tell that deep down, she wished she could say yes) talked our teacher into letting us blow off our research project if we wrote an amazing crossover fic of Othello and Macbeth. Also, since what sparked this conversation in the first place was the fact that Othello's her favorite fictional character of all time and Lady Macbeth's her favorite female fictional character of all time, it was heavily implied that the goal would be to invoke what should logically be her favorite crack pairing of all time...

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

(Think of the extra credit!)

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Thanks, Shiny. *Hugs*

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

(Think of the extra credit!)
    You're welcome. Hope you're feeling better.

Like I need encouragment to write fan fiction for a chance (perhaps a slim one, but a chance, nonetheless) at extra credit. I've already started tossing around ideas for a prologue. I'll have to go spark-note Othello though (this whole thing started because half of our class is reading Othello while the other half reads Macbeth, and I'm in the Macbeth camp). I might get some assistance from a friend of mine who's on the Othello side of the room and also enjoys fan fiction. Sadly, whether Othello x Lady Macbeth action actually will transpire will have to remain up in the air until I'm confident that I know both well enough to write them plausibly (after all, Lady Macbeth is married and as of now I know next to nothing about Othello).
    That's what she said.
    Susan Sto Helit avatar by Felyndiira.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyDelusion View Post
    You're welcome. Hope you're feeling better.

Like I need encouragment to write fan fiction for a chance (perhaps a slim one, but a chance, nonetheless) at extra credit. I've already started tossing around ideas for a prologue. I'll have to go spark-note Othello though (this whole thing started because half of our class is reading Othello while the other half reads Macbeth, and I'm in the Macbeth camp). I might get some assistance from a friend of mine who's on the Othello side of the room and also enjoys fan fiction. Sadly, whether Othello x Lady Macbeth action actually will transpire will have to remain up in the air until I'm confident that I know both well enough to write them plausibly (after all, Lady Macbeth is married and as of now I know next to nothing about Othello).
    I'll still wait eagerly! (And so will your teacher. )

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

*waves*
    Hi, I'm Symmys. I've been lurking around here since thread one, but only just got over my laziness and made an account on these forums. I fully support everything awesome on this thread (read: all of it) and may or may not post a Nale/Haley story in the near future.
    ... It says something about me that my first post here is on the Crack Pairings Thread.

24. - Top - End - #1464

Quote Originally Posted by Symmys View Post
    *waves*
    Hi, I'm Symmys. I've been lurking around here since thread one, but only just got over my laziness and made an account on these forums. I fully support everything awesome on this thread (read: all of it) and may or may not post a Nale/Haley story in the near future.
    ... It says something about me that my first post here is on the Crack Pairings Thread.
    Join the club; my very first post on this thread was an Elan/Julio pairing!

Welcome to the Crack Pairings thread! Here's a map and your complementary brain bleach sample!

25. - Top - End - #1465

Finally managed to write my VxHaley but you'll have to wait till the next thread!

Ain't I a stinker? *Crunches carrot*

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

Im back. *looks around at noticeable lack of next crack pairings thread*

I'm disappointed.

I'm wondering how much Vaarsuvius would allow--she's extremely proud and is averse to being touched, even by those she cares about sometimes, but her daughter could get hurt if she resists too much.
    She's going to try to give him the cold shoulder, but of course that would only encourage him. However, I think if it got to the point where he was physically forcing her to do something, she'd give in and would instead try to mentally distance herself from it.

Add the fact that Xykon knows that they won't dare stop him, how far would he be willing to go? Would he tell V to get naked for him at some point, even if he didn't plan to do anything? Where would it stop?
    Honestly, Xykon doesn't seem the type to have any reservations about what he does. I could easily see him ordering her to take her clothes off and then walking off laughing, just to make her scared and embarassed and confused. He wouldn't do that immediately, but once he been flirting with her long enough to get both her and Reddy worried, he would take it up a notch.

And what would it do to Vaarsuvius's and Redcloak's dynamic? I can see V getting distant and hostile to push him away (if she had been thinking about how she felt like she was betraying him while this was going on, that would be an indicator of how deeply she loves him, and that's something she's still afraid of), and it would have to feel at the very least odd for Reddy to be kissing and touching her knowing that Xykon did the same thing.
    V's probably going to rebuke any sympathy Reddy shows; she'd see it as him making excuses instead of actually doing something to get them away from there. Maybe she'd even start seeing him as a coward; especially if Xykon spends the whole time telling her his point of view.

You can help by writing? Seriously, it's a big project--everyone can join in! :D
    Not sure about writing, but I could try. And I could certainly do some drawing.

How does one react when their hated enemy turns on ungodly amounts of charm towards them?
    They start unwillingly becomming attracted to them because with a charisma score that high it's almost a supernatural ability.

Poor Vaarsuvius! (I can't help but giggle.) She has someone she hates with an ungodly amount of Charisma seducing her. With Xykon's Charisma score, would he be able to actually get her to like it, at least in part? He'd never be able to get her to fall in love, but maybe she'd like feeling attractive...
    Maybe. But she would hate herself for it. (Unless Xykon managed to redirect that hate towards Reddy.)

Wow, this thing is becomming complicated.

Oh, she'd be absolutely pissed. She'd probably go after V for it.
    Serves that nasty living person right for seducing her lovely lich.

And Deirdre joining in when she's old enough.
    Wait, what?!
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-06 at 02:41 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

27. - Top - End - #1467

Which will have to wait for tomorrow it seems as I'm offski!

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1468

I'm postponing any updates and replies I have until the next thread, as everyone else seems to be doing, but not including this reply, it looks like we need three more posts before we can make another thread.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm postponing any updates and replies I have until the next thread, as everyone else seems to be doing, but not including this reply, it looks like we need three more posts before we can make another thread.
    *starts pulling down bottles from behind the bar*

Hmmm, looks like I may need to restock for the next thread.

*casts a sending spell*

"It is me again. The plan is progressing well. I need that box - you know the one - and also something from your 'special' selection. Over."
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Banned

...*Chomps a random elf*

Yumyum.

"Very well then warrior of light, allow me to put an end to this delusional dream of yours, let us see if you can shine your light on my black soul!"

<Start Hopeless Boss Battle>