New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Quote Originally Posted by icastflare! View Post
    Rogue love Part four. I sort of rushed this one, its more of a way to get into part 5. So if its of not so great quality, it was rushed. I got a jolt of energy listening to my old korn albums. Any way enough of my ramblings, here is the show.

Spoiler
    Show
    Haley and Elan were doing well in Stormblade. They were just another traveler couple who wandered in. The town’s people thought they were a merry couple who would be off in a couple days. They could hide here for a long time without anyone noticing them. Then the mayor called a meeting.
    They assembled in the town hall. Thinking it was just another routine meeting, they trudged in, wanting to get back to work. The mayor announced “Thank you for coming. We have a serious threat. “Everyone in the audience turned quiet. “ A roaming army of bandits is heading our way. They have attacked several towns to get here, and left no survivors.”
    “We sent a messenger to negotiate. He came back in pieces.” There was a look of panic over the audience’s faces. Haley was frightened. Her actions are going to cause this town to be slaughtered. “That is all.” The mayor said abruptly, trying to get away from the townsfolk as fast as possible. A mob of people rushed after the mayor while Elan and Haley sat their, struck with guilt.
    “Should we tell them they are after us?” Elan said. “Not unless you have a death wish.” Haley said. “We should have never come here”. Elan said, drowning in his pity. “They will never get out fast enough. They will be mowed down.” “We got them in to this mess, we will get them out.” Elan said standing heroically on his chair.
    “Elan baby, we can’t get out ourselves and you want to suggest bring everyone with us?” Haley said, trying to reason with him. “Ah but I have this!” He exclaimed, pulling a scroll out of his chest. “What spell is that? Is it teleport? Plane shift?” Haley said guessing. “No, but a spell that sends a beacon to a certain Mr. Julio Scoundrel and his airship fleet.” Haley just sat their with her jaw open.
    “Haley hugged him faster than you can say, bull rush hug. For once he was useful. “Wait how did you get it?” “Well actually it’s a spell of plot device, but anyway it works.” Haley was in pure glee. An airship fleet could take the entire town out of there, away from the bandits. “I will gather the townsfolk, you work on that scroll” Haley said rushing out. For once, Elan saved the day.

yawn. Anyone see the opening ceremony for the olympics?
    The most usefull spell in the game.
    Evil. Iam diffrent. Have a problem with that...
    My avatars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks To Dashwood for Spider avatar.
    Thanks To Mr Saturn for Goth Man avatar.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Hmm...How about we give Hobgoblin Cleric #2 some love?

3. - Top - End - #543
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Hmm...How about we give Hobgoblin Cleric #2 some love?
    Yes for nameless Hobgoblins everywhere!!!!
    Wait. Weren't you going somewere?
    Evil. Iam diffrent. Have a problem with that...
    My avatars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks To Dashwood for Spider avatar.
    Thanks To Mr Saturn for Goth Man avatar.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Odor View Post
    Yes for nameless Hobgoblins everywhere!!!!
    Wait. Weren't you going somewere?
    Yes. I'm leaving a bit later. I'm going somewhere, back at 2, leaving at 3 until Wednesday. Trying to talk my parents into bringing my computer, but...

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

Why is the female goblin surrounded by red?
    Hehe. Scroll of Summon Plot Device. I like it.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #546

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    ... ok so its actually just a female goblin that was waiting in line with haily in a bathroom... i just stole it and made it an avitar
    ...you realize taking the Giant's art like that is against the rules and possibly the law, right?
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Barbarian in the Playground

Grrrr... feels like I've been trying to do a million and one things, all at once, this week.

See ya Coffe! Bring virtual souvenirs!

Alignment arguments hurt my brain...and I only really have a slight passing interest in them anyway.
    Avatar by me...yup that's how good my drawing is. As in not very good.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleniel View Post
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

8. - Top - End - #548

Griffon

@Raging Gene Ray The more I think about it, the less sure I am about whether or not you are serious. I’m going to be safe and assume that you are. In that case, the part about griffon genders will be left out. I was not reffering to it when I said that I would like to make the conversation canon. Incidentally, I thought a bit more about your comment on Tsukiko. Personally, I think that if she met my necrocarnate, she would take it as confirmation that people with a con score are jerks with no respect for the dead. In fact, that got me thinking, what if he was an ex-boyfriend of hers that got her to belive that in the first place. Idea! Of course if I do anything with it, it will be canon to, but not part of, “More than just Duty”. Interestingly enough, I actually like incarnum. New and interesting mechanics and fluff fascinates me. Probably why I like the homebrew forum. Still, that doesn’t stop it from being fun to mock.

@LixLorn Thank you for the positive review.

@Coffee Good luck and come back to us. Also, I agree that nameless hobgoblins need more love. I remember thinking that Hobgoblin Warrior from Strip # 433, Panel 3 looked very angry. Maybe he could do with some treasure type O.

@icastflare! Still enjoying your work.

@half-halfling Sorry, that I didn’t do this earlier. I enjoyed your Miko/Shojo fic. It was very good for your first actual story as opposed to artwork. I liked the complexities and humor.

@Gicko Yeah…as The Dark Fiddler said, were not allowed to use the Giant’s own artwork altered or not. The standard avatars can be used as that was his intention in making them, but we can’t use stuff from the comic.

Alright, this is part 5 of “More than Just Duty”:

Spoiler
    Show
    These adventurers may be corrupt and greedy with little concern for the immaterial, yet if what they say is true, then their efforts were truly for a noble goal. I really wish to trust the dwarf, yet trust is not something that I easily give to other mortals. They certainly grate on my nerves, especially the elf and the halfling. Perhaps that is a side-benefit of being forced to stay in a private room. That I can spend my time alone but for the gods, away from these adventurers, where I can meditate and pray freely. If what these adventurers say is true, then why didn’t Sangwaan inform us? She merely stated that they had destroyed Dorukan’s Gate. Of course, in recent years, Sangwaan has become more half-hearted in her predictions. It seems that she cannot cope with the loneliness of our separation as well as I can. I have learned that the best way to deal with evil is to strike hard, fast and thoroughly, leaving no foothold for it to gain. That is something that Sangwaan never understood. Of course, I am used to being alone from my time at the monastery. Still, the company of these adventurers has reminded me of what it was like to work as a team. Perhaps this is why I am thinking about Sangwaan …missing her…No, that is over! I have seen that no more good can come of that relationship …or have I? Greenhilt’s advances have stirred up the memories of what it was like to be the object of another’s affection. Of course, Sangwaan was more subtle and less crude. Greenhilt may be attractive, but unless he learns maturity in his treatment of the opposite sex, he will never compare with Sangwaan. If the Twelve Gods have decided that my time with Sangwaan is all the romance that I will be allowed in this life, then I must live with that. Yet the gods are kind and good, perhaps there is another that they have planned for me to be with. Then I can truly forget about Sangwaan.

Yes, I know, it was very short. However, I’m using the pattern of each part occurs in a different part of Miko’s life and I think that it works well for this. I’ll try to write part 6 tonight so it’s ready to be posted tomorrow morning on Valentine’s Single Awareness Day. Not even raging Gene Ray knows about this scene though it was partially inspired by some earlier suggestions and may include Raging Gene Ray’s incarnum joke (slightly altered) as it will probably be another short one but the final should be longer (I think).

9. - Top - End - #549

Quote Originally Posted by Sereg View Post
    Alright, this is part 5 of “More than Just Duty”:

Spoiler
    Show
    These adventurers may be corrupt and greedy with little concern for the immaterial, yet if what they say is true, then their efforts were truly for a noble goal. I really wish to trust the dwarf, yet trust is not something that I easily give to other mortals. They certainly grate on my nerves, especially the elf and the halfling. Perhaps that is a side-benefit of being forced to stay in a private room. That I can spend my time alone but for the gods, away from these adventurers, where I can meditate and pray freely. If what these adventurers say is true, then why didn’t Sangwaan inform us? She merely stated that they had destroyed Dorukan’s Gate. Of course, in recent years, Sangwaan has become more half-hearted in her predictions. It seems that she cannot cope with the loneliness of our separation as well as I can. I have learned that the best way to deal with evil is to strike hard, fast and thoroughly, leaving no foothold for it to gain. That is something that Sangwaan never understood. Of course, I am used to being alone from my time at the monastery. Still, the company of these adventurers has reminded me of what it was like to work as a team. Perhaps this is why I am thinking about Sangwaan …missing her…No, that is over! I have seen that no more good can come of that relationship …or have I? Greenhilt’s advances have stirred up the memories of what it was like to be the object of another’s affection. Of course, Sangwaan was more subtle and less crude. Greenhilt may be attractive, but unless he learns maturity in his treatment of the opposite sex, he will never compare with Sangwaan. If the Twelve Gods have decided that my time with Sangwaan is all the romance that I will be allowed in this life, then I must live with that. Yet the gods are kind and good, perhaps there is another that they have planned for me to be with. Then I can truly forget about Sangwaan.

Yes, I know, it was very short. However, I’m using the pattern of each part occurs in a different part of Miko’s life and I think that it works well for this. I’ll try to write part 6 tonight so it’s ready to be posted tomorrow morning on Valentine’s Single Awareness Day. Not even raging Gene Ray knows about this scene though it was partially inspired by some earlier suggestions and may include Raging Gene Ray’s incarnum joke (slightly altered) as it will probably be another short one but the final should be longer (I think).
    D'aaaaaaaw... That felt quite sad. Melancholy I think would be a better word. The "...or have I?" a bit jarring however, kind of pantomime which didn't fit.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

10. - Top - End - #550

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    D'aaaaaaaw... That felt quite sad. Melancholy I think would be a better word.
    Good. It was supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    The "...or have I?" a bit jarring however, kind of pantomime which didn't fit.
    I was trying to illistrate that Miko is more indecisive than she likes to think and that as much as she wants to forget about Sangwaan, there are times when she believes that she can't. Maybe, I didn't illistrate that as well as I would have liked.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Orc in the Playground

Hi! I'm back! This time I was not lurking. My computer lost internet access. I've got one long trawl ahead of me. So before I start that brain-searing adventure, I'll tell y'all the good news (I know it's off-topic, but the rest of this post will stick to the thread, so... there Gimme a break, I'm excited)! All five National Merit Scholar Semi-finalists at my school (one of them being me) moved on to finalist! I'm a National Merit Scholar! And I know four National Merit Scholars! This is so cool! Okay, I've vented my excitement. Back to the important stuff.

Is there a story behind the altered avatar, The Dark Fiddler (sorry if you already explained later on, I stopped trawling at the end of page 9 (see below))?

I liked your Tia picture and fic, Eztheria. It felt pretty much in character (as far as I know; I haven't read much of Water-Smurf's work in that area yet) for most of the fic.

Rogue Love was more believable than usual for you, icastflare!, good job.

Enjoyed the update for More than Just Duty, Sereg.

What adorable banners, licoot!

Subconscious Desire made me a little, Taekwondodo, but nice writing.

Loved the final updates of Miko's Heart, NemoUtopia. Hope to see more of your work soon.

d'Awww! That V x Inky banner practically made me melt, half-halfling!

Teeheehee, loved the Ian Starshine/Bandit Leader fic, CoffeeIncluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Forget the puppies??? Never!

Hmmm... I think we need more Mr. Scruffy pairings.
    Don't worry, I still intend to do Mr. Scruffy x Half the cast of Cats one of these days... But anyway, sorry about the shelter troubles, Coffee; it is a shame when idiots think they can care for animals and they can't.

Well, to the surprise of absolutely no one, this is taking forever, so I'm going to leave now so Mom can use the nice computer and come back later to resume my trawling at the beginning of page 10. Happy Day Before Valentine's Day, everyone!
    That's what she said.
    Susan Sto Helit avatar by Felyndiira.

12. - Top - End - #552

I understood what you were going for Sereg it just didn't quite work properly.

Thanks ShinyDelusion!

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

I got it, but when i come to think about it, it is slightly out of place. Sorry. Good tho.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

14. - Top - End - #554

like whoa alot of people like my newest edition of Rogue Love. maybe it will go past 6, who knows
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

15. - Top - End - #555

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyDelusion View Post
    Is there a story behind the altered avatar, The Dark Fiddler (sorry if you already explained later on, I stopped trawling at the end of page 9 (see below))?
    Genderswap Avatar Theme Week.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

I nominate Dark Fiddler for the award for most concise sentence.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

BTW, where is our Water-Smurf? Does anyone know? She hasn't bailed on us and gotten herself a life, has she?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

18. - Top - End - #558

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    BTW, where is our Water-Smurf? Does anyone know? She hasn't bailed on us and gotten herself a life, has she?
    Well, if any of us manage to find this mythical thing called a life it should be someone as good a writer as her.

...and now that sounds like an insult to everyone else. Oh well.

19. - Top - End - #559

a life? its nothing but childs dreams. Besides she would tell us if she got the life. A life is about as real as an owl bear without the owl part.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

An owlbear without the owl? My, how stupid! I mean, what would you call it, a BEAR? People would make jokes about nudity all the time.

(Wait. Can't druid's have bears as companions?)

21. - Top - End - #561

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    (Wait. Can't druid's have bears as companions?)
    Its a magical figment of imagination, a plot by the druids.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

:O

They're probably working with theTREES!

23. - Top - End - #563

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    :O

They're probably working with theTREES!
    DURKON WAS RIGHT!!! PREPARE THE FIRE, THE TREE's AND DRUIDS AND NONE OWL BEARS ARE COMING!!

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

Meteor Swarm.

25. - Top - End - #565

where is my scroll of plot device when I need it

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

Summon Plot Device.
    (All hail the Mystic Theurge)

27. - Top - End - #567

That's how many offtopic posts this thread has. That's around 40% of this thread that's idle chatter with absolutely nothing to do with crack pairings. I counted.

Come on guys. Let's stay ontopic. Please.
    Credits to half-halfling for my adorable avatar.

Come visit the Discussion Thread Index II.
    Looking for a new webcomic to read? Take a look at the Webcomic List.

28. - Top - End - #568

Nervous breakdown. Then I went home. Working on an update--it should be up soon.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

29. - Top - End - #569

lira is right. We need to be on topic.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    Nervous breakdown. Then I went home. Working on an update--it should be up soon.
    Ok, but don't work on it if it damages your health. I love your work, but it's not worth that.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo