New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play: MSPaint Adventure: GenGame!

>MG: peer through the HOLE left by the CANNONBALL
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-07-03 at 01:21 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #662
    Troll in the Playground

MG: Threaten to inflict hideous torture or their sorry carcasses if they steal your XP

Also, in the Chat log, I can't help feeling that the ND- line was supposed to be another SD (if I'm wrong, please clarify)...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh, yeah i think so too. Shame on AP. And me for not catching it in the preview.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2010-07-03 at 05:57 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

>BH: get back on game
    Still... Kinda... Busy here!
    >ROCKET: HIT THE D*** ROUGE ALREADY!
    *tink*==>You fall to the floor, harmlessly.==>Bullet, Bullet, bullet, WHATS WITH ALL THESE BULLETS?!==>Ow.==>BOOM!
    >MG: Get sweet loot and level up for killing the boss
    MG has become a GREASE GEEK, and earned 500 COGs
    Ok, so those who read between lines, I know, that's fairly specific. humorous, but fairly specific. probably too specific.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    >ROCKET: HIT THE D*** ROUGE ALREADY!
    Because the french spelling of the colour red so needed hitting, right?
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    > OTHER SLACKERS: Come in and steal the kill.

KINDA BUSY!
    Best.
    Update.
    EVER.

> Rocket: Retrieve arms from exhaust.
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2010-07-04 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ettin in the Playground

> MG: Check the LORE and BACKSTORY for this game.

Right, that was a wake-up call. You have to get your priorities straight. I mean, you can't just be faffing around while the other team is shooting stuff at you! You have important things to be doing!

The most important thing you can think of right now is to re-cap on the LORE and BACKSTORY of the game. And of course by check the LORE and BACKSTORY, you mean you'll get the important stuff you need to know from a trusted source. Let's see, the LORE SUMMARY is way down in section 24, so...there we are. Everything you would ever want to know about the LORE of the game in a nice neat little package.

Well maybe not quite so little, because the author of this guide tends to RAMBLE ON A BIT, but this guy is one of the best players you've ever seen, so you know you can trust his word on all things GENGAME. It's all highly fascinating and surely entirely correct and will be undoubtedly perfectly helpful further down the line.

Spoiler
    Show
    [S0024]--------------------------------------------------------------------[S0024]
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ LORE SUMMARY ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    [S0024]--------------------------------------------------------------------[S0024]

So if you play the single player tutorial (flack that noise, amiright?) you'll get a nice big introduction to the story behind the whole game. Honestly who has time for that, but unfortunately a lot of it will become relevant later in the game, so it's probably best if you knew at least some of the important stuff. I won't bore you with old man rambling like the game does, because I like to get straight to the point. I mean, who likes to listen to someone flapping their jaw for hours on end? I know I don't, and you're reading this guide so obviously you don't either.

The first thing you need to know about the lore, is that apparently both teams are some kind of legendary figures in the whole scheme of things, or prophecy foretold them, or something to that effect. It's always different each game but the end result is the same. You guys are a big deal. Congratulations. Anyways this is important because it means that you don't need to take lip from the inhabitants of the world. Treat them with respect, and they'll walk all over you. Gotta show a firm hand and let them know where they stand. Don't go soft on them, or they won't respect you as their leader. It's for their own good anyways, and they WILL thank you for it. (no really it's part of the game)

Anyways, the second part is that there's always some "greater struggle" going on as a backdrop for your fight, but generally this doesn't get in the way of the game. The exception is that sometimes each team is automatically designated as the "champions" of one side or the other, which means you can get special units and equipment and other goodies from doing stuff they like. You don't need to do that though, so don't go charging off at whatever inane request they give you just because they offer you something shiny. You should always follow any strategies I give you here over what they tell you to do, because they're flacking retarded. If they ask you to do something you wouldda done anyways, though, then go for it.

Check the list of confirmed greater entities further down and what rewards they give out to see what you should look out for, though. For example if the Elemental Plane of Crystal offers you a Kruosmind, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET IT. Even if you don't have a psion, you can trade it to a team that does have one for a Green Titan, and you've basically just won the game. The rest of the rewards you can get aren't as big a deal, but like I said check the list further down for some other notable gifts you should look out for, either to pick up or avoid.

Lastly, and potentially more importantly, you have to realize that the inhabitants of each land all have their own rich, lengthy, and randomly-generated history, both within their own land and with all the other lands. In bigger games with a dozen or more lands, this can get really complicated really fast, but it's a good idea to keep track of them as much as you can. Grab those tablets and scrolls and read through them when you have a spare few moments. You never know what kind of advantage you can get from something that happened 500 years ago in the game.

For example one time I found out that one of the lands in a 4-team match used to rule all of the other lands, and there was a special scepter that the ruler of that empire had, but lost. I managed to get my hands on that thing and all the lands pretty much instantly fell under my control as soon as they saw it. It won't usually be that drastic but you have to keep a better grip on the history of the game or you're gunna lose hard sooner or later.

There's also some stuff about a reckoning or apocalypse which sometimes you can bring about to force a draw, but it's really not worth paying attention to this unless you're sure to win and you think your opponents might try for it. This is usually tied to the legendary weapons (see the item guide) of the game anyways though, so it's not something you have to think about really. If you're losing, then it's one more reason to want to grab the enemy team's legendaries, and if you're winning, well you already have more than enough reasons to protect your legendary with your life. Personally I've never see a reckoning affect a game at all. Had a few scrubs make a grab for the legendary to try and bring it about, but only very rarely will someone pull a draw on me. Hell, I've had more mutual death draws than I've had apocalypse draws.

> MG: Charge those newbies outside and show them how a REAL PRO fights!
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2010-07-07 at 01:53 PM.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

>Obtain other teams legendary weapons

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #669
    Firbolg in the Playground

>MG: Charge those newbies outside and show them how a REAL PRO fights!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ettin in the Playground

>MG: BE awesome and leap outside to charge the enemey with your BARE FISTS
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

MG:Quickly, construct a CHAINSAW LAUNCHER and engage these interlopers.
    Last edited by BRC; 2010-07-05 at 04:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #672
    Troll in the Playground

MG: Win the EVER-EXPANDING BATTLE because of SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED 500 YEARS AGO
    Part of YugiohITP

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

>unleash EVIL IN A CAN
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #674
    Dwarf in the Playground

BH: Sign in

15. - Top - End - #675
    Troll in the Playground

>MG: Use ANCIENT DOOMSDAY DEVICE on NEWCOMERS

>Rocket: Hit the [censored] [redacted] BOSS ROGUE [BEEEP]
    Truth resists simplicity.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ettin in the Playground

> MG: Charge those newbies outside and show them how a REAL PRO fights!

Yeah! You're no scrub that's going to run like a chicken with it's head cut off just because a couple things went wrong! You're ready for this! You spent hours reading up on all of the strategies for this game, so there's nothing you're not prepared for!

For example, the best strategy for an early-game MACHINIST is to build a bunch of CLOCKWORK MINIONS with the CORES they picked up from the various ROGUES in their MECHANOFORTRESS. So you'll just build a couple of those and...

Aaah! You don't have any CORES still! Okay, okay, don't panic. You can work with this. MINIONS aren't the only way you can fight, you can also build yourself a nice big weapon with your...scrap...metal...

...which you ALSO DON'T HAVE. Okay everyone, stay calm! Those boxes are completely harmless! You're still in control. You just have to wait for your team-mates to get back in the game...whenever that happens.

Wait, what are you thinking? You just have to wait for the ROCKET to hit and then the NATURAL DEFENSES of your fortress will kick in...haha! Yeah! That's what's going to happen! Definitely no need to panic. I mean it's not like you designed your rocket to be even slower than most of the INTERNET GUIDES recommended because you were trying to save some SCRAP METAL for more CLOCKWORK MINIONS to show off to your team-mates.

Haha.

> Rocket: Contemplate.
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2010-07-07 at 01:55 PM.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground

...ket is defined not by it's flight path, but it's lock-on target. Not by it's launcher, but by it's payload. Not by the color of it's explosion or the size of it's crater but the the quality of it's workmanship! Surely any being intelligent enough to create the complex machinery that makes a rocket operate, with mysterious workings such that no rocket can say that they truly understand why they operate in the way that they do, would also be intelligent enough to understand that all rockets are, in the end, equal, and it is what you make of your trajectory that makes the difference between a critical and a dud, not the origin of it's launch.

But then, why then are some rockets given better opportunities than others? What being powerful enough to create in such a grand way would treat so many rockets so poorly? When a rocket is launched straight into a wall, or forced to seek after a target faster than it's propulsion system could ever handle, does the creator laugh at such a display of sorrow and humiliation and injustice? Is the creator then an evil, detestable being? Can one so powerful and intelligent possibly not see the error of their ways?

> JH: Enter the building.
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2010-07-07 at 01:56 PM.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ettin in the Playground

> JH: Enter the building.

Seeing no resistance, you abandon your BIBLICAL CANNON and enter the enemy team's MECHANOFORTRESS. You can only imagine that any team so bad that they still have yet to even take control of their MECHANOFORTRESS doesn't stand a chance against you. You're so confident in fact that you're not even going to wait for the REINFORCEMENTS that your team-mate sent you.

What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited by AgentPaper; 2010-07-08 at 02:34 PM.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ettin in the Playground

Rocket: Have an intellectual discussion with the BOSS ROGUE. By which we, of course, mean explode

BR: Use your melee attack on the rocket.

MECHANOFORTRESS: Awaken. Dakka. In that order.

JH: Decompose.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

MG: There is a Dead Rogue behind you! The corpse is still there! us it!
    Last edited by BRC; 2010-07-07 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ettin in the Playground

>Rocket: INSULT the BOSS ROGUE'S MOTHER
    >BOSS ROGUE: BECOME TIRED of EXISTENCE.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Troll in the Playground

MG: Sit around twiddling your thumbs.
    Rocket: Explode into a half-dozen sub-rockets that impact against the BOSS ROGUE.
    Boss Rogue: Self-destruct after taking damage in entirely the wrong area.
    JH: Fall through the SECRET TRAPDOOR (PASSIVE NON-POWERED DEFENCES work every time).

Hate to say this, but I think extra-slow rockets are getting a little old...
    Part of YugiohITP

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

>Mechano Fortress Doorway: Glitch

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

>BR: get tired of shooting the rocket, wander off and try to find the chick who launched it at you

>MG: assume fetal position, insert thumb into mouth.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #685
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm greatly enjoying this so far, even if I'm not actually participating.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxymiuk View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm greatly enjoying this so far, even if I'm not actually participating.
    Thanks! Coming from you especially that's awesome to hear.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ettin in the Playground

But if the creator is so irredeemably evil, then why do some rockets find themselves with such good fortune, rewarded for their diligence with a glorious impact that utterly destroys their target? Surely if the creator was so detestable then it would cause all rockets, large or small, fast or slow, seeking or direct fire, to be wallowing in misery for their entire life from launch to your final, ineffective impact? So then mustn't it be that there is in fact no greater creator? That there is no greater intelligence watching over you throughout your trajectory, deciding whether you impact on target or miss completely?

How then were rockets first created? Was it really just common chance and the whim of the cosmos? And if there is no greater intelligence, then does that mean that there is no point to following your exact pre-programmed flight course? If a rocket were to fly off it's course, would there truly be no consequences, no greater being made angry or saddened by your unfaithfulness?

Maybe you'll ask this chap you're about to run straight smack into for his opinion on all of this. And by ask his opinion of course you mean blow him up into a billion tiny little pieces. That's how a true rocket communicates with respect, after all.

> ==>
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2010-07-08 at 02:35 PM.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ettin in the Playground

> ==>

You quickly make your way towards the top of the FORTRESS, jumping up into the CONTROL ROOM, which of course is empty until the other team takes control of their MECHANOFORTRESS. Strangely enough, there isn't even any signs of the ROGUES that should be here. Could the enemy team really be that bad?

You can't help but notice all the strange DISTORTIONS all over the place though. The only way to cause those would be...well, there's no way this team has THAT, so it must be some bug. You're sure it won't have any affect on anything at all, though. At any rate, you have to keep looking around for the enemy team, wherever they are.

> ROCKET: Fondly regard crustaceans.
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2010-07-10 at 09:04 PM.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ettin in the Playground

>MG: USE your NINJA SKILLS to find anyone who might have entered your base.
    >JH: REMEMBER that you picked the HEART DISEASE FLAW,FALL OVER and DIE.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

>Rocket: Ascend to explosive heven
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-07-08 at 03:16 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show