New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The lost City Of Claymore

Inghash whistles with admiration at how fast these Halestrikers have made graves for everyone from Sharlas. In fact, he's a little creeped out by it. Nevertheless, he attempts to gather a crowd and raise the town to help him out with this evil Nortes dude, who, besides (in Inghash's version of the story) destroying Sharlas, totally stole some orb that Inghash is currently on a quest to retrieve.
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Now we wait for Gamerkid.

Awesome Avatar by none other then Ceoclaneth!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

What could this be? The lost city? Talghanshu attempts to sense sources of power.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

ROUND 20

Gamerkid
    What could this be? The lost city? Talghanshu attempts to sense sources of power.
    6: You sense a gigantic source of power coming from a castle behind the statue. You feel its power in your bones and are being drawn to it.

Frozen Messiah
    Francis quickly checks if he can grab his bow and arrows, and then he sighs in relief that they too have come with him over to this side. Francis takes a small amount of time to figure out what had happened and only one name rushes into his head.

"I don't care if this is the bloody Grave of Vecna, I want that damned skeleton buried and no longer moving. If I have to walk across this whole damned place than I will. No one kills Francis "The Mark" Brown." At this point Francis walks into the city looking ofr anyone that can get him bring him back to life or has any idea of how he can do it himself.
    6: A monk approaches you and says "Looking to kill the skelly ,eh? Well I want to kill him too. My brother died churning butter. That's right butter. He churned everyday until that evil creature came and killed him for no reason. This is about revenge. Not just for my brother, but for all of Sharlas. I shall resurrect you then I want you to cast this dust on him. It will turn him human. You can then strike his heart and let him die. And don't worry about him turning back into a skeleton, only once can a man be a skeleton. The man looks grim then says "Deal?"

TruorTupnm
    Inghash whistles with admiration at how fast these Halestrikers have made graves for everyone from Sharlas. In fact, he's a little creeped out by it. Nevertheless, he attempts to gather a crowd and raise the town to help him out with this evil Nortes dude, who, besides (in Inghash's version of the story) destroying Sharlas, totally stole some orb that Inghash is currently on a quest to retrieve.
    2: One man steps forward and says in a low voice "I have one question. Do you want us all to die?!? He'll kill us good and dead. You know something? We were told your so called 'ally' destroyed the town. And guess what Mr.necromancer did? He killed the mayor and since he was the mayor's nephew now is mayor. It's enough that he kills us for fun, raises taxes, and robs us of our possessions, but you are asking us to hand our heads to him on a silver platter! You know that fella who gave you that quest? He's dead. They're all dead.The philosophers of the non-magic supporting group died at his hands. Ironic isn't it? The man turns then walks away all the people following him.

Status

The Ghost Of Francis is in Halestrike.

Inghash is in Halestrike.

Talghanshu is in The Lost City Of Claymore.

TIME DEADLINE

4:00 PM TOMORROW

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Talghanshu attempts to rush towards the source of power and absorb it into himself, godhood, here we come!
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon queen View Post

Frozen Messiah 6: A monk approaches you and says "Looking to kill the skelly ,eh? Well I want to kill him too. My brother died churning butter. That's right butter. He churned everyday until that evil creature came and killed him for no reason. This is about revenge. Not just for my brother, but for all of Sharlas. I shall resurrect you then I want you to cast this dust on him. It will turn him human. You can then strike his heart and let him die. And don't worry about him turning back into a skeleton, only once can a man be a skeleton. The man looks grim then says "Deal?"
    "You have got yourself a deal, anything to kill that damned bag of bones. Now then I am going to need to find the bugger, Oh well eternal time means I can take as much time as possible to find him kill him and put his head on my mantlepiece." and then a thought occured to him, "Wait if I kill him than will I disappear? I mean the only reason that I am alive...sort of would be because of my hatred towards him." Franics says treying to figutre out how to get around this technicality if it is indeed true.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

7. - Top - End - #97

Inghash mutters, "Huh. Plan B, then." He then heads back to the inn that they checked out, in the first place. In there, he'll admit that it was his party member, Talganshu, who destroyed Sharlas. He'll also point out that the guy betrayed them all, killing Francis, who had made some kind of very good deal with someone associated with this inn. That Francis guy was some kind of experienced adventurer. He promised a share of his fortunes to the owners of this inn. Talganshu is most likely having all kinds of fun with that unguarded fortune. Yes, attempting to fight such a thing is quite possibly suicidal, but all Inghash is asking is that they help him out with Nortes, who has something that Talganshu might want.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2010-05-18 at 02:20 PM.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

ROUND 21

Gamerkid
    Talghanshu attempts to rush towards the source of power and absorb it into himself, godhood, here we come!
    5:...You feel power and energy. You do not become a god, but the ruler of Claymore. Infinite power is yours.

Frozen Messiah
    "You have got yourself a deal, anything to kill that damned bag of bones. Now then I am going to need to find the bugger, Oh well eternal time means I can take as much time as possible to find him kill him and put his head on my mantlepiece." and then a thought occured to him, "Wait if I kill him than will I disappear? I mean the only reason that I am alive...sort of would be because of my hatred towards him." Franics says treying to figutre out how to get around this technicality if it is indeed true.
    4: The monk says "I shall resurrect you for the dead cannot touch the living. He casts some words on you but then looks straight at you and says "Do not fail, If you do you shall not become a ghost if you die and will have broken your oath. He walks away. Then suddenly your back in the same area you died in. With the vial in your hand and as human as ever.

TruorTupnm
    Inghash mutters, "Huh. Plan B, then." He then heads back to the inn that they checked out, in the first place. In there, he'll admit that it was his party member, Talganshu, who destroyed Sharlas. He'll also point out that the guy betrayed them all, killing Francis, who had made some kind of very good deal with someone associated with this inn. That Francis guy was some kind of experienced adventurer. He promised a share of his fortunes to the owners of this inn. Talganshu is most likely having all kinds of fun with that unguarded fortune. Yes, attempting to fight such a thing is quite possibly suicidal, but all Inghash is asking is that they help him out with Nortes, who has something that Talganshu might want.
    6: "Hmmm...we accept. Meh brother would beh proud if weh revenged his death. A small armada of 7 people step forward the man who agreed says "My name is Verach Claralas.

THE STORY OF THE LOST CITY OF CLAYMORE(I believe its time I tell you)

Once upon a 100 years ago lived the greatest wizard to be born. He did good and helped others and was loved by all. But one day he came upon his group of wizards and told them "The staff tells me that 100 years from now a great evil shall arise and terrorize our world." He was growing old and decided that he must hide his greatest treasure. Which was his staff. The staff could turn one into a god, but he never felt he was meant for godhood and decided just to keep it around gathering dust. But he knew in the wrong hands the staff could destroy the universe. So he brought upon 1 mage, 1 philosopher, and 1 dragon. He told them each to hide the items so that none shall find them, and then split the staff into 3 parts. A scepter, an amulet, and an orb. No one even knows how Banturas Claymore even got the staff in the first place.

STATUS

Talghanshu is in the City Of Claymore currently turning into an evil lord of doom and destruction.

Francis the resurrected is now outside the City Of Claymore.

Inghash is gathering a little force of armed men.

Time deadline

4:00 pm tomorrow

9. - Top - End - #99

Inghash will teleport himself and his forces back to the cave, once they're suitably armed and such.

- Myself

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

"Alright, I have to be smart about this. I can't slip up and I have to come at him frm an angle he isn't expecting." Franics says to himslef as he gets up and dusts himself off, "That monk said that the living can't be touched by the dead. So if that is true than I need to get nice and close to the bag of bones. Hmm, that is something to think about...but I still have to find the bugger." Francis says as he walks over to the point where Talganshu teleported away. "He was standing right there and then he went off somewhere. I am going to need to talk around to...the...town." Franics slowly finishes due to him noticing the amount of gravestones that have now sprung up in the graveyard. "Francis you selfish prick, I am going to kill that skeleton not just for me but also for all of these people, now it's time to go back to the town, if it is still standing and find someone who will point towards the mad mage."
    - La Bamba

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Now we wait for Gamerkid.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Power. LIMITLESS POWER! Next step...GODHOOD! But first, he will need an army! He creates a group of creatures of pure darkness, a huge army of shadowy creatures that reproduce asexually and quickly, with soldiers ready for battle within days! He shall call them the underbeings! (Captain! Cheesy names coming in off our port bow ! ) He situates their headquarters in Claymore.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

ROUND 22

Gamerkid
    Power. LIMITLESS POWER! Next step...GODHOOD! But first, he will need an army! He creates a group of creatures of pure darkness, a huge army of shadowy creatures that reproduce asexually and quickly, with soldiers ready for battle within days! He shall call them the underbeings! (Captain! Cheesy names coming in off our port bow ! ) He situates their headquarters in Claymore.
    6: 100 Shadowy beings appear in the room. They bow, then double. They float away and start to gloom around Claymore.

Frozen Messiah
    "Alright, I have to be smart about this. I can't slip up and I have to come at him frm an angle he isn't expecting." Franics says to himslef as he gets up and dusts himself off, "That monk said that the living can't be touched by the dead. So if that is true than I need to get nice and close to the bag of bones. Hmm, that is something to think about...but I still have to find the bugger." Francis says as he walks over to the point where Talganshu teleported away. "He was standing right there and then he went off somewhere. I am going to need to talk around to...the...town." Franics slowly finishes due to him noticing the amount of gravestones that have now sprung up in the graveyard. "Francis you selfish prick, I am going to kill that skeleton not just for me but also for all of these people, now it's time to go back to the town, if it is still standing and find someone who will point towards the mad mage."
    5: A man says "Er...skeletons? I heard there was one North in some city or place but whatever." he sips his drink stands up wobbly then falls down.

TruorTupnm
    Inghash will teleport himself and his forces back to the cave, once they're suitably armed and such.
    5: Your whole force actually manages to teleport into the cave. You suddenly are in a huge room filled with richs beyond your very dreams. Gold,amulets,masterpieces, statues,gems,armor,swords, and other jewelry. Then you see a showdown form in front of you then it says in a voice cacklingPlay my game or die quite lame, the choice is yours. it swirls around then says "What grew thou friendship and threw thou flames cast in ruins through vain? Black as sky with no flesh dark as evil known as one. Evil reigns good is pained. Who am I?

STATUS

Inghash is in Nortes's cave.

Talghanshu the great is in The Lost City Of Claymore.

Francis is in Haloare.

Time deadline

14. - Top - End - #104

OOC: What was that supposed to be? A shadowy form appeared in front of him, or a showdown form, like a piece of paper that said, "Do you wish to take part in this showdown? Check Yes or No," which sounds kind of silly. If it's the second thing, I think that Inghash would just put a checkmark on No, but I'm pretty sure that you mean the other thing.

IC: Inghash concentrates, then shrugs his shoulders and says, "I don't believe we've met, actually, and I am just horrible with names, either way. You're a fan of riddles, then? I prefer to make myself clear." He studies the thing as well as he can, trying to figure out what it is, but he turns to his companions and asks, "Any of you know what this thing is talking about? Any fans of riddles here?" Anyways, since I am horrible with riddles, Inghash's roll will be all about trying to figure this one out for me.

- Myself

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Talghanshu bides his time, trying to sense out whats going on in the realm of the gods. Are they panicking? Marshaling their forces? Watching and waiting?

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Francis has till 8:00 pm to post or we move on without him.

OOC: What was that supposed to be? A shadowy form appeared in front of him, or a showdown form, like a piece of paper that said, "Do you wish to take part in this showdown? Check Yes or No," which sounds kind of silly. If it's the second thing, I think that Inghash would just put a checkmark on No, but I'm pretty sure that you mean the other thing.
    If it was a showdown paper why don't you just slice it in half? No, its definitely the first one because I don't see how a piece of paper can kill you other then giving you thousands of paper cuts.
    Last edited by Dragon queen; 2010-05-19 at 03:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

"Alright then, time to go north." Francis says to himself letting the man stumble along on his path. Francis takes 2 seconds to look at the sun and figure out north was to his left and begins to walk that way.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

ROUND 23

Gamerkid
    Talghanshu bides his time, trying to sense out whats going on in the realm of the gods. Are they panicking? Marshaling their forces? Watching and waiting?
    5: You get a good view of them. They are staring down at you and scowling, then suddenly one of them shakes his fist at you. You hear him say "OF ALL PEOPLE! HIM!WHERE ARE THE PALADINS WHEN YOU NEED THEM!?! He looks remarkably like the statue of the wizard.

Frozen Messiah
    "Alright then, time to go north." Francis says to himself letting the man stumble along on his path. Francis takes 2 seconds to look at the sun and figure out north was to his left and begins to walk that way.
    3: You successfully reach Claymore. You look around and see Talghanshu in one of the palace windows. You have to be close to him to put the dust on him. Suddenly you see a shadow loom in front of you. It looms past, and does not seem to notice you.

TruorTupnm
    Inghash concentrates, then shrugs his shoulders and says, "I don't believe we've met, actually, and I am just horrible with names, either way. You're a fan of riddles, then? I prefer to make myself clear." He studies the thing as well as he can, trying to figure out what it is, but he turns to his companions and asks, "Any of you know what this thing is talking about? Any fans of riddles here?" Anyways, since I am horrible with riddles, Inghash's roll will be all about trying to figure this one out for me.
    5: One of the men speak up and say "I think he's talking about your ally , sir. You can tell because he's talking about someone you know who's a traitor. Unless Nortes used to be your buddy I can't quite think of anything else. You can tell by the way he stretchs the words, I used to be a town magician. I had to make up riddles and tricks and stuff like that."

STATUS

Talghanshu The Destroyer is in The Lost City Of Claymore.

Francis The Resurrected is near The Lost City Of Claymore's entrance.

Inghash is in Nortes's cave trying to figure out a riddle of doom.

TIME DEADLINE

4:00 PM TOMORROW

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Talghanshu attempts to seek out the location of his allies, and orders his wraiths to patrol around in case the gods decide to send a paladin strike force.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Francis ducks out of sight and then gets an idea. After a small amount of time fiddling with the bottle that holds the dust he walks out into the open, "Hello there mister tall and dark, I am one of your lords friends and i wish to speak to him. Now you can either kill me and he would get angry because he most likely either wants to kill me himself or wants to talk to me or you can escort me to wherever he is in this horrible city." Francis says to the shadow who had just hovered by.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

21. - Top - End - #111

Inghash nods his thanks, gives the man a wink, and states, "Ah, Talganshu, of course! Now, unless you have riddles for all of us, I wonder if you would be so kind as to point us to any orbs of a mystical nature or mythological significance? I believe that the use of one that's supposed to be here would really inconvenience the old skeleton, curse his bones." Really, Inghash is just rolling with how other people are viewing Talganshu. He just thinks of the guy as a bit extravagant and trigger-happy, since he apparently doesn't know him very well.

- Myself

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

ROUND 24

Gamerkid
    Talghanshu attempts to seek out the location of his allies, and orders his wraiths to patrol around in case the gods decide to send a paladin strike force.
    1: You see leprechauns.Happy dancing leprechauns dancing over a pot of honey. You figure that either the world has gone crazy or you just failed to locate your buddies.

Frozen Messiah
    Francis ducks out of sight and then gets an idea. After a small amount of time fiddling with the bottle that holds the dust he walks out into the open, "Hello there mister tall and dark, I am one of your lords friends and i wish to speak to him. Now you can either kill me and he would get angry because he most likely either wants to kill me himself or wants to talk to me or you can escort me to wherever he is in this horrible city." Francis says to the shadow who had just hovered by.
    3: The shadow stops straight in its tracks. It stares at you though it has no eyeballs, then swirls around you and all of a sudden your in Talghanshu The terrifying's royal regal accomplished Lost City Of Claymore palace room 546. Talghanshu seems to be staring at a picture of dancing leprechauns.

TruorTupnm
    Inghash nods his thanks, gives the man a wink, and states, "Ah, Talganshu, of course! Now, unless you have riddles for all of us, I wonder if you would be so kind as to point us to any orbs of a mystical nature or mythological significance? I believe that the use of one that's supposed to be here would really inconvenience the old skeleton, curse his bones." Really, Inghash is just rolling with how other people are viewing Talganshu. He just thinks of the guy as a bit extravagant and trigger-happy, since he apparently doesn't know him very well.
    1: Sure have the stinky rock but how should Iz putz tis? If you take the pretty rock you stay here. Don't and go back to yourz home. It looks at you like you just told it to jump into the abyss of ice cream.

STATUS

Talghanshu and Francis are about to duke it out in Talghanshu's palace.

Inghash is in Nortes's cave figuring out what on earth he is going to do.

Time Deadline

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

"YOU!!!!!!" He attempts to devour francis' soul.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

"Whoa, whoa, whoa" Francis says as he jumps behind the shadow creature for protection, "I want to apologize for my actions, I was to quick to get angry at you. Can we just talk about this for 2 seconds? I mean you can kill me anytime you bloody like anyways." Francis says hiding behind the shadow creture for the entire speech
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

25. - Top - End - #115

Inghash waves a calming hand at his companions and raises an eyebrow at the shadowy thing. "Well, I don't have anything pressing to get to, anytime soon. May we see the orb, then? Also, what, are you working for Talganshu, now, or is keeping the orb here somehow more useful than using it for its intended purpose?"

- Myself

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

ROUND 24

Gamerkid
    "YOU!!!!!!" He attempts to devour francis' soul.
    4: ROLL TO DODGE 4: Francis evades the attempt. You...devour the shadow being's soul. It does not taste good.

Frozen Messiah
    "Whoa, whoa, whoa" Francis says as he jumps behind the shadow creature for protection, "I want to apologize for my actions, I was to quick to get angry at you. Can we just talk about this for 2 seconds? I mean you can kill me anytime you bloody like anyways." Francis says hiding behind the shadow creture for the entire speech
    3: You manage to stay right behind it until...it becomes lunch.

Inghash
    Inghash waves a calming hand at his companions and raises an eyebrow at the shadowy thing. "Well, I don't have anything pressing to get to, anytime soon. May we see the orb, then? Also, what, are you working for Talganshu, now, or is keeping the orb here somehow more useful than using it for its intended purpose?"
    5: "Can't youz humanoids just be a little competent for once? I'm in this because youz don't know who skelly ol' bones is. Claymore mentioned a greatz evil comingz to destroy us allz. Tat is him. I don't intend to become hiz foodz. That's what your forz. Naw meh. But since teh master is neh looking here I'll let ya see itz. Az dont try to teleport away. Tiz gold can get meh a lot uh bounty hunters. it slowly swirls around and before it's feet appears an orb. It glows like a star, and has many colors flash through it.

STATUS

Talghanshu is in his palace duking it out with his best buddy Francis.

Inghash is debating with a shadow to take an orb, or to not take an orb.

Time Deadline

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

"Ah, come on. I'm a damned woodsman, I have no magic, I have no gods to save me, all I have is me and you obviously out match me in the category of power. Let's talk, I can then talk to our clerical buddy to get him to stop bothering you. All I want is to talk to you, if you really want you can have this vial of dust that was supposed to kill you or something." Francis says as he rolls the bottle along the floor to Talganshu.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

28. - Top - End - #118

Intrigued, Inghash sits down and gestures for the shadowy thing to join him. "Ah, but isn't your master human, as well? And Talganshu, although altered, is still human. Me, though, I'm half Orc. I know all about looking out for number one, and I'm thinking that this orb can help all of us with Talganshu. But you say that Claymore told you about Talganshu? This lost city can speak, and it hasn't told you about what this orb can do?" Inghash spends his turn attempting to worm information out of this shadowy thing, and mayhaps get it to come around to be assistive.

- Myself

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ok, we can talk, with a lot of guards." Talghanshu firsts teleports the vial into some random volcano. Then he gestures for more shadows to surround Francis. "OK, become my high warlord, and I won't destroy you."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

Round 25

Gamerkid
    "Ok, we can talk, with a lot of guards." Talghanshu firsts teleports the vial into some random volcano. Then he gestures for more shadows to surround Francis. "OK, become my high warlord, and I won't destroy you."
    5: The vial transports and is gone within a minute. The shadows obey and surround Francis chanting softly traitor...traitor..traitor in our midst...

Frozen Messiah
    "Ah, come on. I'm a damned woodsman, I have no magic, I have no gods to save me, all I have is me and you obviously out match me in the category of power. Let's talk, I can then talk to our clerical buddy to get him to stop bothering you. All I want is to talk to you, if you really want you can have this vial of dust that was supposed to kill you or something." Francis says as he rolls the bottle along the floor to Talganshu.
    2: Unfortunately when you roll the vial over to him it knocks down a table with a glass globe on it. SMASH! It shatters to millions of pieces.

TruorTupnm
    Intrigued, Inghash sits down and gestures for the shadowy thing to join him. "Ah, but isn't your master human, as well? And Talganshu, although altered, is still human. Me, though, I'm half Orc. I know all about looking out for number one, and I'm thinking that this orb can help all of us with Talganshu. But you say that Claymore told you about Talganshu? This lost city can speak, and it hasn't told you about what this orb can do?" Inghash spends his turn attempting to worm information out of this shadowy thing, and mayhaps get it to come around to be assistive.
    3:...Yes itz can and yes he didz. There is a small unicorn statue in his main bedroom chamber, when the candle at the horn iz litz he can talk to youz. I waz justz playin dumb as you should know tiz orb is used for scrying. The amuletz for wishes and zey scepter for godhood. I serve only Talghanshu and he shall recieve these items if Iz loozes meh life. It lays before you an orb an amulet and a scepter. He has them all.

STATUS

Talghanshu the terrifying is in his royal suite.

Francis is surrounded by Talghanshu's guards.

Inghash is in Nortes's cave.

Time Deadline