New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Aberration Blood Expanded [WIP]

I think Unearthly Speed would be somewhat more valuable if it was more granular in its advancement, that is, if it granted +5' for every aberrant feat.

I'm otherwise rather intrigued. I would like to perhaps see something hinging off of Mourning Mutate or related to the Daelkyr Half-Blood in some fashion, like enhancing grafts based off of number of aberration feats or something to that effect.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Added two new ones, reprinted here for your convenience.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aberrant Edge [Aberrant]
    Your natural attacks are augmented by your aberrant heritage.
    Prerequisites: Aberration Blood
    Benefits: Your natural attacks and unarmed strike gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to half the number of aberrant feats you possess (including this one).

Visions from the Stars [Aberrant]
    You periodically experience visions from the near future.
    Prerequisite: Wis 13, Aberration Blood, Warped Mind, any one other Aberrant feat.
    Benefit: Your visions reflect possible futures, and you can act to ensure or resist them. You gain a number of floating +1 insight bonuses equal to one-half the number of Aberrant feats you possess (minimum 1). The bonuses last 24 hours, and you must reassign them at the start of each new day. You can assign each bonus to one of the following:
    • Your Armor Class
    • Your Attack Rolls
    • Your Initiative Checks
    • One of your Saving Throws (Fort, Ref, or Will)
    • Checks made with one Skill of your choice
    These insight bonuses can stack up to your character level divided by six, with a minimum of +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    I think Unearthly Speed would be somewhat more valuable if it was more granular in its advancement, that is, if it granted +5' for every aberrant feat.

I'm otherwise rather intrigued. I would like to perhaps see something hinging off of Mourning Mutate or related to the Daelkyr Half-Blood in some fashion, like enhancing grafts based off of number of aberration feats or something to that effect.
    Sorry for not getting to this sooner. I'm actually basing the bonus on the standard +X/2 feats that is usually used.

Not on Mourning Mutate but there will be ones expanding off symbionts for characters with Aberration Blood and Symbiont Mastery, though i actually already have made quite a bit of Daelkyr Halfblood support along with Deviston, who actually has links to my work
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    Not on Mourning Mutate but there will be ones expanding off symbionts for characters with Aberration Blood and Symbiont Mastery, though i actually already have made quite a bit of Daelkyr Halfblood support along with Deviston, who actually has links to my work
    Sweet. I've already got to more fully read through the feats you've posted in this thread but expanding the symbionts just sounds awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #64

Added a few more feats and updated a few that grant class features, these are not the symbiont ones but are still rather useful.

I am now working on to the symbiont ones. Expect them within the next few days to a week.

And i am officially up to 29 homebrewed Aberrant feats.

EDIT: I will be making feats to give almost every kind of "spellcasting" (psionics, invoking, binding, meldshaping, etc) that fits the theme that is NOT standard vancian magic and making them able to be good at it with some investment. The feats that do so, however, lock them out from classes that provide similar features, so it's a tradeoff to an extent, can't take the class and must invest feats. Not sure how balanced they are yet since i haven't been able to playtest them but I'm hoping to do so soon
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-01-17 at 08:40 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm really wondering how you're going to get your hands on 20 Aberrant feats...
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Pathfinder's system gives you more feats (is it 10 total?) + Gestalt with Fighter.

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    I'm really wondering how you're going to get your hands on 20 Aberrant feats...
    Bonus feats, I've done it before. I used a homebrew class and bloodline to make it to that number but still. I expanded it to the number because it makes it more complete, that's really it
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Pathfinder's system gives you more feats (is it 10 total?) + Gestalt with Fighter.
    It is 10. Aberration Blood and company aren't Fighter feats, though, so no use with Fighter. Swearing to an Elder Evil and Dark Chaos shuffling will net you 5, then there's the Generic classes from UA if you really want that many feats to throw around.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

There's an aberrant feat over in the Ozodrin thread that allows Fighter feats to count as Aberrant feats.

That would increase your max number of aberrants feats quite a bit.

10. - Top - End - #70

Added two more Aberrant feats, one which essentially makes you a daelkyr halfblood and another that grants some invocations.

Anyone want to see any other Aberrant feats?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Could you organize and spoiler the first post?

I'm personally kind of interested in Aberrant goodies for other systems than just Incarnum and Psionics. What about something that influences Binding or maybe Shadowcasting?
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2012-03-09 at 10:04 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Doing something off of Mourning Mutate would be interesting, like exuding an anti-healing aura or gaining kinship with living spells.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Could you organize and spoiler the first post?

I'm personally kind of interested in Aberrant goodies for other systems than just Incarnum and Psionics. What about something that influences Binding or maybe Shadowcasting?
    Sure thing

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Doing something off of Mourning Mutate would be interesting, like exuding an anti-healing aura or gaining kinship with living spells.
    I'm not sure what to do with it, really I've been trying to do something with it, but nothing's coming to me.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmmm...

I had an idea for a cool one, which boils down to:
    "You can add 1/2 the number of unused skill-tricks you have to the number of Aberration feats you have for the purpose of certain feats (Movement skill tricks would only affect a single Movement aberration feat, or whatever)"
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmmm...

"You can add 1/2 the number of unused skill-tricks you have to the number of Aberration feats you have for the purpose of certain feats (Movement skill tricks would only affect a single Movement aberration feat, or whatever)"

16. - Top - End - #76

Hmmm...

Why/How would that work? Plus it could get overpowered just dropping all those skill points into Skill Tricks it could get to a very high number.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground

Maybe you should make a feat to fuse luck feats with Aberrant feats the way you did with psionic and incarnum feats.
    It's a falcon. Wearing a Fedora. Your argument is irrelevant.
    Official Member of the No Cussing Club

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    Why/How would that work? Plus it could get overpowered just dropping all those skill points into Skill Tricks it could get to a very high number.
    You are limited to only 10 Skill Tricks in all at 20th level; sure, you can grab a feat that gives you two that don't count towards the cap, but that would mean that you are spending a feat to gain... one aberrant feat equivalent.

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon Falcon View Post
    Maybe you should make a feat to fuse luck feats with Aberrant feats the way you did with psionic and incarnum feats.
    This seems like a good idea actually, I may have to work on that.

You are limited to only 10 Skill Tricks in all at 20th level; sure, you can grab a feat that gives you two that don't count towards the cap, but that would mean that you are spending a feat to gain... one aberrant feat equivalent.
    It doesn't make sense to me, why would knowing a skill trick enhance your aberrant heritage?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Bugbear in the Playground

Here are some feats

Elder spawned [Aberrant]
    You tap in to the abundant chaos of the far realms and trace it back to the chaos that existed moments after creation.
    Prerequisites: Aberration Blood, 7 ranks knowledge (history)
    Benefits: Once per day you may make a Knowledge check with a +1 bonus for every aberrant feat you possess or a knowledge (History) check with a +2 bonus for every aberrant feat you possess.

Primordial spawned [Aberrant]
    With the necessarily time you can unravel the universe to answer any question.
    Prerequisites: Aberration Blood, 11 ranks knowledge (history), Elder spawn
    Benefits: Once per year you may make a knowledge (history) check to uncover a seemingly unanswerable question like "What is the meaning of life?" or "How were the gods and the planes created". The DC is 100.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-04-17 at 02:49 PM.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

May I suggest that Twisted Essence also allows you to apply any Augments for your Features to body parts you already have? So if you naturally have tentacles, you can apply any Tentacle Augments to it without shaping any new ones.

And here's a couple from me:

Daelkyr-Designed Construction [Warforged]
    When Warforged were first designed, the Daelkyr were quite interested. Quite interested indeed...
    Prerequisites: Warforged
    Benefit: The armor bonus from your Composite Plating racial ability increases by 1 plus 1/2 the number of Aberrant feats you have, and has the type of bonus changed to a Natural Armor bonus. This does not stack with the Bestial Hide aberrant feat.
    Special: This feat may only be taken at 1st level, and counts as Aberration Dlood for the purpose of prerequisites.

Demoniac Heritage [Abyssal Heritor][Aberrant]
    You have a... complicated heritage.
    Prerequisites: Any one Abyssal Heritor feat, any one Aberrant feat.
    Benefits: All of your Aberrant Heritor feats are also Aberrant feats, and all of your Aberrant feats are also aberrant feats.

Twisted Morality [Aberrant]
    Your views on mortality shift in unknowable ways; good and evil stop being effective terms for your actions.
    Prerequisites: Aberration Blood, One other Aberrant feat.
    Benefit: You may ignore any alignment prerequisites for any feats or prestige classes you choose to take; any Exalted or Vile feat you take from this point forward counts as if it were an Aberrant feat for all purposes.
    Special: If a feat, prestige class, or character option you take would give you bonus Exalted or Aberrant feats, you may instead choose to bonus Aberrant feats.

Alien Outlook [Aberrant]
    No one can comprehend your mind; your outlook is unquestionably alien.
    Prerequisites: Twisted Morality
    Benefit: You no longer use the standard system for alignment; you now use the Color Wheel to determine your morality. In addition, any feat that you have that references an alignment for any purpose except for prerequisites instead refers to "any natural creature", where a natural creature is any creature of the Animal, Elemental, Fey, Humanoid, or Plant type.

Spoiler
    Show
    What does the first part mean? Well, for the first thing, it makes you effectively incomprehensible to any ability that detects or affects alignment, in a rather unique way. Discern Alignment will, in particular, generate some confusion .

Aberrant Conduit
    You are truly a conduit for madness in this world
    Prerequisites: At least one Cleric domain.
    Benefits: You lose the benefits of one of your domains; instead, add all the spells from the Madness domain to your spell list. In addition, if you have the Aberration Blood feat, you may use the number of Aberrant feats you have as your modifier to determine your bonus spells per day, if it would be higher than your normal modifier.

Divinity of the Mad [Aberrant]
    You truly believe that your mutations and mutilations are a sign of divine will.
    Prerequisites: Aberrant Conduit, Aberration Blood, at least one other Aberrant Feat.
    Benefits: You are now treated as if you have the ability to Rebuke Undead for the purpose of qualifying for feats; you gain a number of Rebuke Undead uses that you may only use to fuel feats equal to 1+1/2 the number of Aberrant feats that you have. Finally, you may treat any Divine feat that you take as if it were an Aberrant feat for all purposes.

Owner of Aberrancy [Aberrant]
    Your aberrant nature is able to leave your body.
    Prerequisites: Aberration Blood, at least two other Aberrant feats.
    Benefits: You gain a Familiar as if you had a number of levels in the Wizard base class equal to the number of Aberrant feats you have; however, instead of gaining the Share Spells feature, your Familiar automatically benefits from every Aberrant feat that you have for as long as it remains within 30' (any feat or prestige class that increases the range of the Share Spells feature increases this range as well.).

If an Aberrant feat requires an action to activate it and affects yourself, the Familiar cannot activate it itself, and instead gains the benefit when you yourself activate it; alternatively, you may choose for only the Familiar to be affected by that activation.

If an Aberrant feat requires an action to use and affects another creature or the environment, the familiar does not gain the effects of that feat; you may instead channel the effects of that feat through the Familiar, using up the same action for both of you.

The familiar takes on any mutations specified by your Aberrant feats, and does not gain the benefit of this feat.
    Special: Unlike normally, the Familiar acts on the same initiative count as you; this feat counts as Summon Familiar for the purpose of prerequisites.

Fellow-Cultist Domination [Aberrant]
    You are capable of establishing dominance over your former fellows in a rather insidious manner.
    Prerequisites: Aberration Blood, At least 2 other Aberrant feats.
    Benefit: You may use Charm Person as a supernatural ability a number of times per day equal to 1/2 the number of Aberrant feats that you have, with a Will save DC of 10+1/2 HD+1/2 the number of Aberrant feats you have. If you have at least 6 Aberrant feats, then this ability functions as Charm Monster instead. The duration of this ability is indefinite, but you may only have one creature under your thrall in this manner.

In addition, any creature that you charm through this ability may accept a boon from you; they may gain the benefits of up to two Aberrant feats that you have, themselves choosing how many feats they want to have. If they accept one, you may choose for them to automatically fail a single charisma check each day; if they choose two, you may cause them to fail three each day.
    Special: You may take this feat multiple times; each time you take it, you may keep one additional creature each day.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's a weaker version of an Aboleth's ability to enslave creatures, or, actually, the many abilities that aberrations have that allow them to have mind control.

Ultimate Madness [Aberrant][Insanity]
    You are off your rocker, to an absurd degree... but the voices don't think so. In fact, they are your absolute bestest friends...
    Prerequisites: Font of Insanity, Aberration Blood, at least one Insanity feat, at least one Aberrant feat.
    Benefits: You may treat any Insanity feats you have as Aberrant feats, and any Aberrant feats you have as Insanity feats.
    Last edited by Amechra; 2012-03-25 at 09:31 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

May I suggest that Twisted Essence also allows you to apply any Augments for your Features to body parts you already have? So if you naturally have tentacles, you can apply any Tentacle Augments to it without shaping any new ones.
    I would instead suggest that Twisted Essence allowed you to qualify Conservative Form even if you lack the limb feature, seeing as that is the main benefit of taking the conservative form feat. Might even make taking it in this way grant access to the limb feature (much like some other aberrant feats grant access to features).

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2012-03-25 at 11:29 PM.
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Fellow-Cultist Domination seems a bit weird. I'm not completely clear what the intended fluff is. And it could be used by two individuals to cooperate in getting a lot of extra feats (if they both have a bunch of different aberration feats and they get this one, then they can use it so that they both get effectively two more feats).
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Essentially, have you ever noticed how many Aberrations have some kind of mind control power? Like Aboleths have Enslave, and those Neo-Thalgu whatever things have Dominate Person?

It's essentially a weaker version of that (as I specified in the spoiler.)

The part about granting the extra feats (which I think I'm going to modify to say that those feats don't count towards the number of Aberrant feats the target has, unless they would have less than the number you are granting them) is because a common trope in fantasy are cults led by some person who gets mutations from the being they are worshiping.

Plus, it gives you a front man, because do you REALLY believe that your be-tentacled ass is going out in public?

Unless, of course, you took a couple of the more... unnoticeable feats.

But other than that (and that sounds a lot better than my idea, Owrtho; fitting, since you designed the system it taps into), how do the feats I just put up look?

25. - Top - End - #85

Posted up another feat in the Class Feat section, Gift of the Void
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Between your feats and the Ozodrin, we need a way to get as many of the feats in one spot as possible.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'm using this for a Innsmouth monster.....
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

28. - Top - End - #88

Twisted Morality [Aberrant]
    Your views on mortality shift in unknowable ways; good and evil stop being effective terms for your actions.
    Prerequisites: Aberration Blood, One other Aberrant feat.
    Benefit: You may ignore any alignment prerequisites for any feats or prestige classes you choose to take; any Exalted or Vile feat you take from this point forward counts as if it were an Aberrant feat for all purposes.
    Special: If a feat, prestige class, or character option you take would give you bonus Exalted or Aberrant feats, you may instead choose to bonus Aberrant feats.

Aberrant Conduit
    You are truly a conduit for madness in this world
    Prerequisites: At least one Cleric domain.
    Benefits: You lose the benefits of one of your domains; instead, add all the spells from the Madness domain to your spell list. In addition, if you have the Aberration Blood feat, you may use the number of Aberrant feats you have as your modifier to determine your bonus spells per day, if it would be higher than your normal modifier.

Divinity of the Mad [Aberrant]
    You truly believe that your mutations and mutilations are a sign of divine will.
    Prerequisites: Aberrant Conduit, Aberration Blood, at least one other Aberrant Feat.
    Benefits: You are now treated as if you have the ability to Rebuke Undead for the purpose of qualifying for feats; you gain a number of Rebuke Undead uses that you may only use to fuel feats equal to 1+1/2 the number of Aberrant feats that you have. Finally, you may treat any Divine feat that you take as if it were an Aberrant feat for all purposes.

Fellow-Cultist Domination [Aberrant]
    You are capable of establishing dominance over your former fellows in a rather insidious manner.
    Prerequisites: Aberration Blood, At least 2 other Aberrant feats.
    Benefit: You may use Charm Person as a supernatural ability a number of times per day equal to 1/2 the number of Aberrant feats that you have, with a Will save DC of 10+1/2 HD+1/2 the number of Aberrant feats you have. If you have at least 6 Aberrant feats, then this ability functions as Charm Monster instead. The duration of this ability is indefinite, but you may only have one creature under your thrall in this manner.

In addition, any creature that you charm through this ability may accept a boon from you; they may gain the benefits of up to two Aberrant feats that you have, themselves choosing how many feats they want to have. If they accept one, you may choose for them to automatically fail a single charisma check each day; if they choose two, you may cause them to fail three each day.
    Special: You may take this feat multiple times; each time you take it, you may keep one additional creature each day.
    Okay, I did not notice these before, they are awesome and give me some inspiration. Mind if i make some based on these? I have an idea for a couple cultist-style feats that give some cleric-like abilities as well as a few buffs.

I also have one that parallels your familiar idea but would likely be more thematic. Not to say it'd be better since familiars are awesome, but definitely more thematic.

EDIT: First has been added, a Ceremony feat that grants people aberrant feats.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-04-13 at 09:36 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Go right ahead! There need to be as many Aberrant feats as we can make!

And yeah, the Familiar one is rather clunky.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh, I must say that the Gift of Aberrant Blood could fit quite well thematically with on a sower of strangeness (about halfway down the linked post). With that, I might suggest some feats to go with it that can increase the duration the ceremonies effects persist (possibly capping at a week or sooner), as well as one that allows the effects to be made permanent, but requires the individual lose feats they currently possess (pretty much like feat retraining, but done by the cult. Should require willingness on the part of the recipient, and wouldn't allow feats that are requirements for other feats they have to be lost, unless also losing all feats that they are requirements for).

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew