New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1452
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

I personally wouldn't mind a goatee like the one mario has, but I can't grow facial hair worth anything so I constantly shave.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Sleverin View Post
    Your girlfriends hot mario, you lucky bastard. You know you're lucky right?
    His girlfriend is Hot Mario?

...yeah, he's still lucky.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1353

I always forget to shave. So a whole bunch of pictures of me which might have looked okay don't because it's just all stubbly and that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ettin in the Playground

To keep this more on topic, Steam is very useful for opening up the pores previous to shaving and can result in much better shaves.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    To keep this more on topic, Steam is very useful for opening up the pores previous to shaving and can result in much better shaves.
    So I've heard. Facial hair and I, however, have a long-standing hatred of each other, and thus it generally keeps away from me.

Plus I'd look stupid with a beard...although I could probably rock the swashbuckler mustache...

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

6. - Top - End - #1356

Indeed! As a big fan of the clean-shaven look, I support this 100%

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    So I've heard. Facial hair and I, however, have a long-standing hatred of each other, and thus it generally keeps away from me.

Plus I'd look stupid with a beard...although I could probably rock the swashbuckler mustache...
    As I understand it, you have a ponytail, correct?
    You'd be advised to stay away from facial hair. A goatee and a ponytail is kind of a giant "nerd alert" warning and makes it very difficult to buy suits that look good with it.
    Ponytails are fine without a beard though. Then it presents an approachable feeling rather than the freely flowing long hair of metal heads and their ilk that just intimidates other people.
    And for the love of God tell me you look after it. Nothing worse in the world than a poorly washed ponytail. It's like a single terrible dreadlock trying to invade our home dimension to impregnate our brains for the inevitable take over.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonarch View Post
    Indeed! As a big fan of the clean-shaven look, I support this 100%
    Now now, beards can be incredibly stylish and look great if taken care of properly.
    A decent shave of the areas you don't want beard every day, as well a visit to a decent barber at regular intervals can do wonders.
    Plus, a well mannered goatee or full beard looks fantastic in a suit.

For the record, I have a Man Guide, which is pretty much the best thing ever and includes wonderful tips on proper shaving for those who want it.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

8. - Top - End - #1358

And for the love of God tell me you look after it. Nothing worse in the world than a poorly washed ponytail. It's like a single terrible dreadlock trying to invade our home dimension to impregnate our brains for the inevitable take over.
    Please, Jibar. I am a classy gentlemenne of leisure.

Spoiler
    Show

Of course, you can't actually see the ponytail there, but it should suffice to demonstrate that I would never have a brain-impregnating dreadlock of hell.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2010-07-12 at 04:28 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Of course, you can't actually see the ponytail there, but it should suffice to demonstrate that I would never have a brain-impregnating dreadlock of hell.
    I have a friend that has hair similar to yours and because of it and the way he looked we started calling him Jesus.

Two years ago in high school (he was a senior and myself a junior) we had a spirit week and one day was superhero day. He came dressed as Jesus. He had so many people take pictures of him and managed to keep from getting yelled at by the administration. It was awesome.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    I have a friend that has hair similar to yours and because of it and the way he looked we started calling him Jesus.
    I also have a friend who is occasionally referred to as Jesus due to said hairstyle. You aren't somewhere in the northern Colorado region, are you?

Perhaps it's just common to assign that nickname to people with that hairstyle.

11. - Top - End - #1361

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post

Two years ago in high school (he was a senior and myself a junior) we had a spirit week and one day was superhero day. He came dressed as Jesus. He had so many people take pictures of him and managed to keep from getting yelled at by the administration. It was awesome.
    Funny story here...I've done almost the exact same thing.

I also played God in a play once, because of my voice and the fact that, with my hair down and dyed gray, and dressed in a flowing white robe, I looked the part (apparently...).
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2010-07-12 at 04:36 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

12. - Top - End - #1362

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    I also have a friend who is occasionally referred to as Jesus due to said hairstyle. You aren't somewhere in the northern Colorado region, are you?

Perhaps it's just common to assign that nickname to people with that hairstyle.
    Nope. Kansas City, KS area.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

If you have a black jacket to complete the look I will be ecstatic.

Also, what's this, looking fancy time?

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

My hair is actually shorter now. I think I had it cut shortly after these were taken. The chin scruff is fuller too.
    And because I just like to brag about it and the photos don't show it off, the chain is silver and is attached to a 1900 Swiss pocket watch, my pride and joy. My cuff links are also jade from India.

When I do fancy, I do fancy right.
    Nothing but a Nobody

14. - Top - End - #1364

Alas, my suit has wonderfully subtle pinstripes on it and, while it is impressive, one does not wear a pinstriped suit with a non-pinstriped vest. I was also going out dancing, and doing a swing dance in a suit is a difficult affair.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ettin in the Playground

Alas, my suit has wonderfully subtle pinstripes on it and, while it is impressive, one does not wear a pinstriped suit with a non-pinstriped vest. I was also going out dancing, and doing a swing dance in a suit is a difficult affair.
    Tell me about it.
    I went out dancing with the girl in that pic wearing that suit. Felt like I was boiling to death with so many people crammed into one hall.
    Still, would do it again.

STEAM HUH, THAT'S NUTTY
    Nothing but a Nobody

16. - Top - End - #1366

STEAM HUH, THAT'S NUTTY
    Um...we're both so hot we're steaming? I don't know.

As if we actually talk about Steam half the time here...

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

17. - Top - End - #1367

Also, what's this, looking fancy time?

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

My hair is actually shorter now. I think I had it cut shortly after these were taken. The chin scruff is fuller too.
    And because I just like to brag about it and the photos don't show it off, the chain is silver and is attached to a 1900 Swiss pocket watch, my pride and joy. My cuff links are also jade from India.

When I do fancy, I do fancy right.
    I must compliment you on your pocket watch. I have my own silver pocket watch with a similar chain. It also has a neat engraved saying on the back of it as well. I need to get it looked at so I can know more about it.

And on the subject of fancy, I've personally been going with all black. Shirt, pants, jacket and then a colored tie with a black fedora. That's my Jazz Band performance attire. It looks great whilst playing the Trombone.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ettin in the Playground

SO HOW ABOUT THAT VALVE, HUH?

Gotta call a plumber about that thing, everything runs slowly through it.

19. - Top - End - #1369

I feel a sudden need to unleash my best suit and black trilby on each and every one of you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

20. - Top - End - #1370

Spoiler
    Show

Totally not what I pictured you looked like. Seriously. I thought you looked like my roommate only with long and dark hair. And not that skinny.

<insert obligatory Steam praise here>

21. - Top - End - #1371

Bwahahaha I laugh at you for your discussions of facial for, for mine is truly superior!

Spoiler
    Show

See? See? It's the bestest beard ev- Oh, who'm I trying to fool. Beards don't really work on me. Which is a bit of a setback in the philosophising business... Hence the clean shaved-ness. New haircut though.
    Last edited by xp194; 2010-07-12 at 05:34 PM.
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Cthulhu View Post
    I feel a sudden need to unleash my best suit and black trilby on each and every one of you.
    My go-to outfit for when I want to look nice consists of black pants, black shoes, black socks, black shirt, black jacket, black silk tie, black Fedora, and black sunglasses.

I like it.

23. - Top - End - #1373

Quote Originally Posted by xp194 View Post
    Bwahahaha I laugh at you for your discussions of facial for, for mine is truly superior!

Spoiler
    Show

See? See? It's the bestest beard ev- Oh, who'm I trying to fool. Beards don't really work on me. Which is a bit of a setback in the philosophising business... Hence the clean shaved-ness. New haircut though.
    I have two words for you. Handlebar. Mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    My go-to outfit for when I want to look nice consists of black pants, black shoes, black socks, black shirt, black jacket, black silk tie, black Fedora, and black sunglasses.

I like it.
    Sounds like mine, except replace "black tie" with "white tie" and "black Fedora" with "black fedora with red feather."
    Last edited by Darth Mario; 2010-07-12 at 05:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ettin in the Playground

SO Polycount Winners to be announced tomorrow
    Or later today I guess for you Yanks

Anyone wondering if it will just be skins or if we'll see some new weapons and stuff in there?
    Nothing but a Nobody

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel obligated to drop a meme in here, but instead, I will drop a picture.
    Spoiler
    Show

I crafted a hat!
    Spoiler
    Show

The BlackFox in her natural environment.
    Spoiler
    Show

And I still need to post the pictures of Green BLU Scout and the Dead Ringer RED spy on ctf_norcal! Argh!
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

26. - Top - End - #1376

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonarch View Post
    Totally not what I pictured you looked like. Seriously. I thought you looked like my roommate only with long and dark hair. And not that skinny.
    Fair enough. Nobody I know through the internet ever expects me to look like I do. Not sure why, but what the hey.

*All hail Steam*

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

27. - Top - End - #1377

Imp

Oh, we're doing pictures now?

Spoiler
    Show

WHY DO I NOT HAVE PICTURES OF ME WEARING HATS

I HAVE SO MANY HATS

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Fine, I guess I need to show my face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Dwarf in the Playground

The problems with beards are many, by indiscretion or fashion. Here's a handy infographic for those who are searching how to form their own bristles;

Spoiler
    Show
    Large image ahead

Spoiler
    Show

I keep it clean shaven, despite recognizing how awesome beards can be. And clearly all this is related due to how STEAMy we all are.

30. - Top - End - #1380

I would post a picture of myself but I don't have a current picture of myself. I currently have a beard that is of decent length and fullness. No moustache though, they don't agree with me. And if I feel up to it I could let the forum decide in what way I style it (Mutton chops, etc.). I'll be back home on saturday so I'll try to take a picture then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148