New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

[Somewhere in Seireitei]

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Shishimaru looked up at Nasumi, a mixture of worry and helplessness on his face. "Perhaps we should just head back to the 3rd headquarters, then. I believe that I can find my way there, and once there we can find the Rukongai, or just wait for Koishima-sama to return."

He looked around, searching for a landmark. Surely there was something. Hopefully, Nasumi wouldn't have any more objections.
    Nasumi nods. "It sounds like a good idea - if you can just lead the way", she mutters, embarrassed. Seireitei had always been too big and with too many twists and turns for her to wrap her head around it.

Nasumi follows Shishimaru obediently where ever he might lead them. Maybe after a few decades of living there, she'd start to find her way around the sprawling metropolis too. But before then...

---

[Abandoned building in Seireitei]

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Karashi smiles. "Nice mumbo-jumbo. Losing face has never stopped Captain Takahashi before. You think he gained a lot of #$%@#$ face by keeping that dumbass Captain in a cell all these years? Millions of arguments and fighting with Central to keep him in there and not, you know, in 12th's custody for studying purposes. Mio started 'em but Takahashi kept 'em going. People thought he cared but he didn't give a @#$@. He just wanted to see the guy rot."

As much as the stranger may try, Karashi doesn't seem to be bending any further than he already has. "My division is never gonna have a better lead if you're right about what you're saying. So don't give me #@$% like that. I know better. No one alive is better suited to run 10th than Takahashi is, and I'll be #$%@#$ damned if you think you're gonna put someone better in his place."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    This Karashi sure seemed to be a lot more alike to him than Soushi thought. A very interesting pawn indeed.

Soushi chuckled silently to himself once Kujo wrote that down. So he noticed. Before he puts the book down, a couple of lines scribble themselves.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hit the nail on the head, I think. He's probably talking about an old Sekkiseki mine. Aren't too many that fell out of use now either from lack of ore or structural integrity. Perfect place to build a prison no one's supposed to know about - and from my earlier investigations, there's only one of them that's big enough for it.

You're not gonna get methods of entry out of this guy, though. He doesn't really know any. I'll give you directions to the mine, you go ahead and I'll clean this up."
    The stranger nods slightly as Karashi keeps his speech - though it's in response to Soushi's note more than anything. His face has become completely ineffable now - after getting Karashi to divulge his dark secrets, he'd thought they'd been making progress, but now it seems they've hit a dead end. "Not saying I'm going to put anyone anywhere - when this is over, I think the only thing left for me is facing the Sokyoku face to face. But didn't I tell you - Tsukada Ryouichi is in on this. He's a good fellow - he can find someone who's a better fit. All he needs is that we, you and me, Ren, we give him a good reason to make Takahashi... retire. I'm just a lowly mook here, but there are forces backing me up that you woudn't believe..."

He scribbles a few more lines for Soushi to see:

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo
    "No, don't think that's the case. This guy obviously knows more than he lets on - just can't come up with the right questions. I say we take him with us - though if you think you'll have a better shot with him, feel free to try.

And what do you think I am, Orienteering World Champion? Not going anywhere alone here, smartass. That's too obviously doomed to fail for even my tastes.
    "
    Then he stops writing and thinks of Soushi word's a bit more. Structural integrity?

"Say, Ren, you haven't had any cave-ins lately, have you?"
    , the stranger asks while standing up. "I mean, the Nest's been on the same place for centuries - it must've been hard trying to fight of time while keeping the place a big dam secret all the while. I bet it's caused you a few grey hairs in the past..."

The stranger isn't expecting an answer from the officer - not a truthful one, at least. His purple eyes are just observing him for even the slightest hint that he hit close to home. Such information could turn out invaluable.

"Well? If you got something to say, say it quick. I'm afraid we have to get moving. Got a long journey ahead of us" He keeps the book open in his hand to see if Soushi has something to add as well...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Orc in the Playground

And he does, actually.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'll draw you a map. Can you really afford to drag him along? Gotta remember that you don't have a way in just yet."

There was something he meant to ask Karashi, but he wasn't sure if it was the right direction for this. It was worth a shot anyway.

Spoiler
    Show
    "He seems to have a lot of respect for Mio. It is my understanding that captains don't simply retire - if she isn't dead, there's a good chance she's either been arrested or promoted to another post. Push him in that direction - say you'll bring Mio back. It's a better shot than looking for other buttons to push anyway."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Meanwhile, 10th and 13th Division HQs]

While battles rage on and criminals sneak around in Seireitei, 10th Division receives a hell butterfly from the 1st.

"This is a warrant from Yamoto Sayuri, Vice-Captain of 1st Division.

Akio Yama, 3rd seat of the 13th Division, is to be immediately sought out and arrested for unlawful use of Senkaimon and assault against fellow officers. Vice-Captain Yamamoto will come over and keep his hearing once the current emergency is over.

This note has also been sent to 13 Division and they know to expect you. Proceed as normal. Over."
    Not long after receiving the note, a squad of five 10th Officers embarks to fetch the suspect to custody.

Meanwhile, and Hell Butterfly flies through Seireitei, looking for Akio, landing on his shoulder to deliver its message after eventually finding him:

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashi Ikimi
    "3rd Seat Yama Akio,

Your presence is immediatly required at the 4th Seat's office at the 13th Division. Come over ASAP.

Acting Captain Hayashi Ikimi"

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Titan in the Playground

Ren just smiles. "Really easy to keep something that doesn't exist a secret."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Pixie in the Playground

[Somewhere in Seireitei]
    Nasumi nods. "It sounds like a good idea - if you can just lead the way", she mutters, embarrassed. Seireitei had always been too big and with too many twists and turns for her to wrap her head around it.

Nasumi follows Shishimaru obediently where ever he might lead them. Maybe after a few decades of living there, she'd start to find her way around the sprawling metropolis too. But before then...
    "Right, Shishimaru responded, looking around. Wait, that building; he knew that one! If that was where that was, then the 3rd division was...

"Okay, follow me!" He said, breaking into a run as he headed off to the 3rd division. He just hoped they got there before anything bad happened; this was, after all, still an invasion...
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva vs. Lots of People

From thrown boulders to slashes from swords that can only be seen from the keenest of eyes, the multitude of attacks slam into the myriad Primeras. There one is slashed across the middle before a boulder slams into it, another was torn to shreds by a mass of weaponry thrown by those 11th Division shinigami that remain fighting. Two of them are cut down by the joint attack of Masaru and the Head Captain.

And all of them disappear into nothingness as if they had never existed.

The real Genoveva was hurtling away from the battlefield at, frankly, almost unbelievable speeds back out towards the depths of the Rukon. Just to get enough of a head-start to hurtle herself through a garganta at the same break-neck speeds.

Blindados vs. Magatsu

The shell had just begun to unfurl when the Geki spell hit the arrancar, lining him in red light just as the level 80 Hado slammed into the man and the growing orb that was a cero. The resulting explosion is...devastating.

For Blindados anyway.

Chunks of the arrancar's shell are shot through the air like shrapnel before they begin to fade away from existence, their final purpose being to focus the Hado and disrupted Cero within the arrancar's shell and to blow him into the numerous chunks scattering around the area.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ettin in the Playground

Naraku

Is stuck in time.

---

Kazuo

Has arrived at the 12th division command center, where all his officers presumably are.

He kinda looks like he just walked out of a plane crash.

Maybe because he did.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Ren just smiles. "Really easy to keep something that doesn't exist a secret."
    The stranger observes the officer - that Ren's capable of such calm rebuttal is yet another sign they hadn't managed to get under his skin nearly as well as the stranger had hoped. However, seeing the arrogant, showy manner he'd decided to give it in... it was likely the jab had indeed hit close home. Not that it'd help much if they'd be unable to squeeze more out of Karashi.

"Sajo Sabaku", the stranger rasps, pointing a finger at Karashi's chest. He waits for the chains to materialize, tapping the ground with his feet.

"You are a remarkable man, Ren. I admire your ability to stick to your principles", the stranger says jovially. Simultaneously, he writes one last thing on the notebook:

"You know the plan's gonna fall flat if either of us gets caught before the other - can't afford to be separated before we get in the Nest. If you have some bright idea of what to do with the chump, go ahead now - I'm gonna take a break.

After that, I'll haul his ass with us, even if it means carrying him halfway across the damn world."

"We're going to take a break now. Rest well - Oh! One last thing"
    , the stranger says to Ren, back already turned to the officer. He glances at him over his shoulder. "You've talked so highly of this Mio, I've come curious - whatever happened to her? Don't tell me you don't know - from the sound of it, it was something that happened within the Nest."

Purple eyes glint slightly and a strange half-smirk spreads on the stranger's face. "And you've been in the Nest for a long time. You know full well who the 'dumb &^%$#% who offed her #$%' is. And I know you want to get revenge on that piece'o'****."

The stranger turns his gaze away from Karashi and takes a few steps towards the door. "Oh, I know what you keep telling to yourself - it's enough that the guy's a stick in Takahashi's eye. What would ever be worse? But it's never quite the same as feeling your own hands wrap around the bastard's throat, feel your own knuckles hammer against his flesh."

"Think about it Ren. Your chance has not slipped past you yet", the stranger says, and then he's behind the corner, out of Karashi's sight...

---

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Genoveva vs. Lots of People

From thrown boulders to slashes from swords that can only be seen from the keenest of eyes, the multitude of attacks slam into the myriad Primeras. There one is slashed across the middle before a boulder slams into it, another was torn to shreds by a mass of weaponry thrown by those 11th Division shinigami that remain fighting. Two of them are cut down by the joint attack of Masaru and the Head Captain.

And all of them disappear into nothingness as if they had never existed.

The real Genoveva was hurtling away from the battlefield at, frankly, almost unbelievable speeds back out towards the depths of the Rukon. Just to get enough of a head-start to hurtle herself through a garganta at the same break-neck speeds.
    Himura Michiko bites her lip as the clones fade. Shell game? Very clever. She turns her attention to her troops - majority of them would still be fit for fighting, but she can tell from the hint of Reiatsu rapidly speeding away at the edge of her senses that they would be unable to catch the Arrancar. Just like she'd expected.

Pushing any doubt of whether the interception could really be called a success, she looks up at Masaru. "Nakamaru! Check your Reiphone! See if they can put another squad on her way before she escapes!", Michiko shouts, but she isn't overly hopeful - the brat had used Garganta to get in, she could use to get out. The odds had tipped in her favor now.

"Regroup!", she barks, lifting her healthy arm up in the air and whirling it above her head, signalling the 11th Divisioners to gather. She keeps her Bankai manifested, to prevent her men from being disheartened by the extent of her injuries.

Then her eyes fix on one person who doesn't look like he's really aware of his surroundings: Karite. "Officer!", Michiko yells to him. "Pull yourself together! Get over here!" Then, for the first time, she notices one odd detail of the man.

"Where's your sword?"

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Orc in the Playground

[Battleground]

"No offense to your judgment, Himura-san, but I doubt it will be worth the effort. We have more important issues at hand. Get your injured to the 4th, and raise the alarm." Ryouichi still has a hand resting on the hilt of one of his zanpaktou. "If what she said about Kujo was true, then we must initiate a search immediately. I cannot abide by such a grave risk to our security being present."

With that, he turns to Masaru. "Organize the search teams strategically to cover as much ground as possible, as efficiently as possible. Leave no stone unturned. Work with Goto-fukutaichou and Kazuo-taichou." He turns an eye to Goto for a moment, nodding.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ettin in the Playground

[Battleground]

Inside her helmet, Michiko blinks. She diverts her attention from Karite for a second to give her commander a sharp glance. Kujo? Replaying the conversation in her head, Michiko notes that the brat did indeed say something about him. But there'd be little reason to take words of an enemy at face value... unless Ryouichi has some other information that'd give such words extra weight. Had something happened in Seireitei while they'd been gone?

Whatever. She turns to face Karite again. "What's wrong? Pull yourself together and answer my question", she says to him.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Suzume nears third division she slows her movements, dispelling her Kyokko and taking off the cloak and her Haori. Her mouth curls into a viscious smile as a low rumble is heard from Sixth, the ground trembling underfoot. Smoke floats into the air, covering the area in debris.

"One down, two to go." She smiles brightly as she walks past third division members scrambling in every direction.

Ducking into an alley she again begins the slow process of setting the time bombs. Soon this brings her to the staging area, and another evil grin crosses her mouth. "Oh, what fun!"
    [Onmitsukido Teams - Team 3]

There were five teams that Sigint sent out. Team 3 managed to be the unfortunate team to see what happened to the 6th Division. Soon, the head of the team, a young man with a five-o'clock shadow, called in.

"Sigint-sama! There's an explosion in the 6th Division!"

"I see it." Sigint's voice replies into the young man's earpiece. "Keep a closer eye on the area. If you see anything, report to me. In the meantime, continue your route. Stay sharp people."

The young man nods his head. "Yes sir!" He looks to his team, prepared to give orders. "Alright. Keep a close eye on your surroundings everyone! The suspect might still be around here. Let's move."

Meanwhile, the other teams are taking a roundabout route towrads the sight of the Arrancar fights, trying to find Suzume on the ground. All the while, Sigint looks at the screens and the views through the gates, trying to find any sign of trouble. At the same time, phones are being dialed, trying to get a hold of the other divisions in an attempt to initiate cooperation.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2011-01-18 at 01:44 AM.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Battleground]
    Spoiler
    Show

Inside her helmet, Michiko blinks. She diverts her attention from Karite for a second to give her commander a sharp glance. Kujo? Replaying the conversation in her head, Michiko notes that the brat did indeed say something about him. But there'd be little reason to take words of an enemy at face value... unless Ryouichi has some other information that'd give such words extra weight. Had something happened in Seireitei while they'd been gone?

Whatever. She turns to face Karite again. "What's wrong? Pull yourself together and answer my question", she says to him.
    Karite turns to her, and a strange scene should be before her. One eye, his left eye, is a cold, eerie yellow. The other is it's normal color, but both have a horrific, haunted look in them. Just as quickly as it was there, it vanished.

"My sword...? I... I don't know. It wasn't there when I woke up, and I haven't seen it since. Or heard from anyone of it."

He looks at his hand, and his eyes widen in horror. Where he thought his hand was, there is a claw in it's place. He blinks, and the claw is gone.

"No Kari-chan, you're not going insane. This is just what you'll become love."

"Once that frigid whore walks away, you will give in, won't you Kari-chan? Your struggle will be over; but why? Why are you resisting just because of some girl? I can answer all your questions.

Just believe in me."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ettin in the Playground

Inside her helmet, Michiko's eyes widen. Then, spiritual arms shoot forth from her elbows to wrap around Karite and force him to the ground, the Captain seemingly hell-bent to keep Karite from twitching a muscle. She gives a quick glance over her shoulder, looking at her underlings for help. "Someone! Get here, quick!"

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Orc in the Playground

Scribble scribble.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Think I've got a good idea of an entrance, if you ask me. But you're gonna have to trust me on this one. You said it yourself - time's running out. I can get around easier than you can, but I don't think you'll trust me with your whole plan. So here's a thought. We're gonna have to pretend time ran out faster than expected. We'll "leave" in a hurry, make him think we've actually figured the place out. You hide somewhere, I "rescue" him, leave a fake trail for others to follow. Oughta buy you some time."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-01-18 at 08:43 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Magatsu whirled his blades around himself as he hurled himself upwards, using Eien Uzumaki's destructive pulses to blow a hole through the roof with a flurry of slashes. He burst through the resulting cloud of dust and splinters, grinning wildly as he flew towards where Blindados had been, ready to cut the arrancar to ribbons.

His face fell a moment later when he realized that Blindados was already dead.

I know I'm good, but that's it? What a letdown.

Typical arrancar. Can't put their money where their mouth is.

Magatsu nodded in agreement but didn't reseal Eien Uzumaki, his lips twisted in a sneer of contempt. Some part of him hoped Blindados' death was a trick and he'd get to kill the arrancar in close combat, using his many blades to peel the shell off the man like a hard-boiled egg. Still, he'd won, and that pleased him.

He noted the bound Rukon citizens still piled further down the street. A quick burst of shunpo, the barest light touch of Eien Uzumaki to their bonds, and their ropes tore to pieces. Magatsu flash stepped away in search of a 4th Divisioner. He honestly didn't terribly care about the casualties, but his position carried certain expectations.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-01-18 at 06:41 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ettin in the Playground

[Abandoned Seireitei building]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Scribble scribble.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Think I've got a good idea of an entrance, if you ask me. But you're gonna have to trust me on this one. You said it yourself - time's running out. I can get around easier than you can, but I don't think you'll trust me with your whole plan. So here's a thought. We're gonna have to pretend time ran out faster than expected. We'll "leave" in a hurry, make him think we've actually figured the place out. You hide somewhere, I "rescue" him, leave a fake trail for others to follow. Oughta buy you some time."
    The stranger leans against a wall some rooms away from Karashi, reading Soushi's notes and scratching his head. He's not seeing any obvious benefits to the plan - if anything, it seems more likely to compromise what little of a "plan" they even have. Then he writes a reply:

"Leave him where? We can't let the bastard go free for even a second - chances of him doing something incredibly stupid are way too high. I think we best take him to the Nest still - at least then, whatever he does to alert his pals might give as a valuable hint, if something goes wrong."

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Orc in the Playground

Scribble scribble scribble!

Spoiler
    Show
    "As it is they're probably mounting the search party as we speak. Don't underestimate the intelligence-gathering capabilities of the Second Division. Our best bet is to give them something to follow - something inconspicuous enough to seem like the real deal. We should be able to buy ourselves just enough time to do what we must.

Remember that because it was developed as a means to fight Hollows, there aren't that many methods for a third party to dispel Bakudou. And most of them require time. He doesn't have the strength or the means to break a Bakudou of that level on his own right now. Making him the perfect means of giving them a fake trail.

He'll only get in the way if we bring him along. Trust me on this. At least this way we can make him useful."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ettin in the Playground

The stranger rolls his eyes at the comment.

"You daft? What do you think those other three people I came with were for, biscuits and teaparty? Their dirty pawmarks should go across half the Seireitei by now! Our patsy's more valuable as an informant than diversion - I'm gonna take him with me. We can see about dropping him when we get closer to our goal."

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Orc in the Playground

SCRIBBLE!

Spoiler
    Show
    "Sure seems that way.

Look, he's given me enough info. I know where the Maggot's Nest is by now. And I know a way in. That's all you need, isn't it?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ettin in the Playground

"Couldn't know. Who knows, maybe a hostage will come in handy. Draw that map and we'll see.

And chill down man, you're breaking my book!"
    The stranger puts the book down on the ground, then stands up and peeks through the door to see into the room where Karashi's waiting. Wonder how the officer is feeling now...

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Here you go."

The map is reasonably detailed - it takes in consideration where patrols normally roam, though that ought to be a secondary concern given the distractions in place (after all, Soushi has no means of knowing just how far they've been beaten back). It also shows a small depiction of the area proper, with some pointers on where the lookouts could be, and potential entrance points.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Pixie in the Playground

INVASION DAY

(near the now ended battle with the Primera on top of a nearby roof observing, after having followed the Cpt General from the 1st Division)

Hirokatsu would catch the momentary glance of the Cpt General and nod/bow appropriately. Even at a distance he understood the subtle glance. It had seemed Hirokatsu's suspicions were indeed true, a diversion from a larger threat to the Seretei or elsewhere. Hirokatsu still thought perhaps something may be amiss in Hueco Mundo or Earth, but with the revelation of the information about Kujo in the Seretei it had solidified his suspicions. He was glad in a small way it was within the Seretei, as the Gotei had far more forces to commit at shorter distance to the threat. He had the 9th already on patrol helping the 10th Division in the Seretei and knew he could call them in for other duties if necessary.

At the order of the Cpt General to work with the 8th and 12th Cpts in the search for "Kujo" he gently stepped off the peak of the roof and shunpo'd his way closer to the ended battle and to the 8th Cpt Masaru.

Hirokatsu had worked often with the 8th Division before, having ordered multiple reconnaissance missions for the 8th Cpt, as well as having brought reconnaissance intelligence directly to the 8th Division at times seemingly before any other division.

In his many years Hirokatsu had seen the 8th Division's strategists work, and when they were fed the best intelligence they were a sight to behold. Hirokatsu was always delighted to work with the 8th because all too often reconnaissance intelligence was filed away and rarely used. However it always felt that when working with the 8th Division their reports rarely went to waste. It was always very encouraging to the members of the 9th Division that their hard work was used, and while Hirokatsu himself felt immediate gratification of one's own work was overrated, he also knew he had lived so long that perhaps his bias was too strong to force upon his subordinates, so he would notify them of their dividends as often as possible. While patience was indeed a virtue and something very important for the 9th Division, he would deprive them of praise and commemoration if it was warranted.

As for the 12th Captain, Hirokatsu had much less contact with him. With the his promoted Cpt Kiku having tried to move the 9th Division away from dependence on 12th division technology to aid in their reconnaissance the tie between the 9th and the 12th less and less. Hirokatsu was never a large advocate of Kido as replacement for the 12th's tech, as he found that the 12th could create new devices quicker than Kido could be adapted or created. Hirokatsu had always lacked a true high level talent for Kido and thus again his old bias he felt clouded his opinion at times on this, and followed his previous Cpt's decision to move away from dependance on the 12th's technology. However, with the sudden promotion of Kiku and as the current ranking officer in the 9th Division, Hirokatsu wanted to open up the connection to the 12th Division again. He knew this may be difficult, as he was not sure to what offense the 12th Cpt took to Cpt Kiku's decision.

Hirokatsu arrived near the 8th Cpt rather quickly. His customary umbrella opened above him tilted back on his left shoulder his eyes open to Masaru nodding and bowing slightly as he stood.
    "Captain, sir" he said as a means to confirm his presence at the request of the Cpt General and to their working together. It was a soft slightly aged voice but not weak.
    He awaited the Cpt's thoughts on how to proceed, and while he was indeed ordered to work "with" the other Cpt's and not "for" them, Hirokatsu would never be above paying them their due respect.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Halfling in the Playground

Yuuki, meanwhile, has decided to sit down. In the middle of the street. He closes his eyes, and focuses entirely on Suzume. Her reiatsu, her appearance. He places his hands on the ground. Bakudō 58: Kakush*tsuijaku. The Kidō begins to extend its search for the target.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [Hachirou's Inner World]
    Jin's Prison

As it hears Allan's words, Jin bursts into hearty laughter. "Opposite? Really now? My my, you must have a short memory."

This time, it's Hachirou who changes - his Shinigami attire vanishes as he redons the outfit he had in the outside world - that of a mime in striped shirt, black vest and a baret. He crosses his legs and pretends to lean on thin air.

"Suppress would be the correct answer. We aren't that different - unlike someone, I just grew up and learned to behave myself." Jin sticks its tongue towards Hachirou - he responds to the gesture by steadfastly ignoring it.

"We used to be pretty close, actually"
    , Jin picks up where he stops, turning to look at Allan. There's a hint of... sadness?... on its pretty face. "We worked together, and when he was in doubt, I whispered advice to him. But then he stopped trusting me! Can you imagine?"

The mime outfit flickers away like a mirage of heat, and Hachirou stands straight again. He draws a simple tachi and holds it between his hands, one hand grasping hilt and the other, covered in cloth, supporting the blade. He offers it towards Allan... when did he get it?

"Initially, nearly every spirit takes on the form of a sword", he says. "One might take this as a sign that Shinigami are, first and foremost, warriors. What else could we be, with our internal power taking on such a shape?"

"However, we also call this state of Zanpakuto 'sealed'. In most cases, the spirit of a Shinigami first inhabits an Asauchi, a mock Zanpakuto, handed to them in academy. This is a sign that they've completed their training, that they are indeed warriors - but in such a case, does the sword really reflect inherent quality of the wielder? Or is it just a sign of acquired skills? One could say we force, out of tradition, our spirits to take on such a shape."

"This is why Shikai is sometimes referred to as a 'true from' of a Zanpakuto - it reflects the ability and nature of the wielder much better than the sealed form. This is why many Shinigami have much easier time learning to fight with their Shikai, than they have learning basics of Zanjutsu."

"But, as you might have noticed, not every Shikai is really suited for combat. You have been to the 4th, right? You must have seen some medics with Zanpakutos other than weapons." It's Jin speaking now - it has sneaked behind Hachirou and is now hanging from his neck like an overly affectionate newlywed. "They aren't very warlike, are they? You must have thought of it once - they'd be as much at home healing the sick in Rukon, as tending those wounded on the battlefield."

"For a long while now", Hachirou continues, and his impassive exterior is starting to crack as well, "my goal has been to be as good a soldier as I just can. I've studied ways of spirits and mortals alike to find ways to improve our age-old organization. I've examined qualities people find desirable in military leaders and tried to assume. I've heard it said that a leader should should be neither too distant or too close to his underlings - he should listen to their desires and know them inside-out, but it's not his place to be their 'friend'. He should not grow attached to them, as to avoid favoritism and letting love and grief cloud his vision." There's a definite hint of conflict and disappointment in his voice - but towards what?

"If you can't guess, letting you in to this place is a direct violation to that principle, and the kind of a leader I've been striving to become."

"There was once a time", Jin continues, looking mournfully at Allan, "when not every God of Death was a warrior. Before there was Gotei, before there even was Seireitei. It might be just a legend now, but it's worth remembering nonetheless." There's strange longing in its posture, as if it's reluctant to let go of Hachirou - and based on its prior behaviour, it'd be easy for Allan to imagine himself in Hachirou's place. Maybe the sword spirit doesn't want them to leave?

"Jin is not a combat type Zanpakuto", Hachirou says dryly. "We've grown so distant in the past few years because the Way of the Warrior, and the way she represents, take into different directions. But useless as she might be, I can't just deny the part of me she represents, which is why I can still hear her, no matter how much I'd rather not."

Hachirou is still offering the sword towards Allan, but now, starting from the tip, it starts crumbling to dust. If he doesn't take it, it'll soon be gone completely! "I hope this insight will be useful to you, Crossdale-kun. Who are you? What does your heart yearn for? What is your way forth as a Shinigami?"
    Hachirou's Inner World
    Jin's Prison

Allan cocks his head to the side when Jin laughs, but otherwise he listens to Hachirou with the same studiousness as before. He is surprised by Hachirou's candid statement of his similarities with Jin, but avoids showing it, trying to keep himself respectful without ever having really thought about what that entailed and finding himself unhappy with that fact.

This continues until Hachirou explains the violation of his own goals that bringing Allan into his own Inner World had entailed. Allan's expression slips a bit, and he feels guilty for it. It was Allan's own fault that things had turned out as they did, but Hachirou was still sacrificing much to help him. The thought doesn't sit well with Allan.

As Hachirou explains about the sealed forms of Zanpakuto, the new information he shares releases a torrent of Allan's own thoughts. What he said was true; most of the healers of the fourth division didn't seem particularly warlike, but they still had swords as sealed weapons. How could that be natural? Was it really just that way, or was it tradition? He knew that some Shinigami had unusual sealed forms for their Zanpakuto; how did that happen?

And then Hachirou presses Allan to come up with his own identity.

To find answers about himself, Allan first looks to his past. His thoughts return to a time long distant, nearly a century ago. To Hachirou's sight, Allan bends his head down, and then freezes in place, his mind elsewhere.

Who was he?

Spoiler
    Show

<"Hey! Hey Allan!">

Allan halted and turned at the insistent voice yelling at him from behind. It was Marcus, a childhood friend of his. They were both fifteen; sophomore year of high school had just started, and Allan was on his way there. Marcus caught up with him and stopped, panting lightly. Allan smirked at him. Marcus mock glared at him.

<"What are you trying to do, leave me behind? You know you can't shake me that easy.">

Allan's smirk broke into a full grin.

<"Yeah, this easy would be much harder than I'd need.">

Marcus gently smacked him on the shoulder, then lightly shoved him towards the school, his own smile growing.

<"Well, aren't you the cocky one? Why don't you get to class, it starts in five minutes.">

Marcus jogged past him, apparently trying to avoid being late. Allan paused for a moment. For a second after Marcus had pushed him, Allan had had a familiar and unpleasant feeling; an overwhelming urge of blood lust. For a split second, he had known exactly what it would have felt like to tear Marcus' throat out with his teeth, and he had wanted to, to punish him for his audacity. These feelings were totally against Allan's temperament, but they had plagued him from a young age. Shaking his head to clear it, Allan dashed after Marcus.

Allan staggered forward, grasping his shoulder in pain. He tripped on a root, the thick layer of plant life on the ground and his own exhaustion preventing him from seeing it or recovering in time. Twisting in the air, Allan managed to land shoulder first on a tree trunk, giving a short utterance of pain as the wound was aggravated. Putting his back to the tree, Allan slunk down to the ground, desperate eyes searching the forest. His pursuers could be anywhere. Rain feel heavily, seeping through the thick canopy above, but Allan's eyes pierced through the veil of falling water without difficulty. After a few seconds, he was satisfied.

Sighing and letting his guard down for a moment, Allan turned to examine his shoulder wound. A large hole had been burned into the flesh, although it luckily hadn't quite reached bone. Normally, Allan would have regenerated the wound in a flash, but the Reaper's Purifier had possessed acidic qualities, and the foul smelling orange liquid still clung stubbornly to the wound. Allan hissed in annoyance and bent down to look at the injury more closely. A shot echoed through the woods, and a bullet exploded into the tree trunk next to him, where his head had been a second ago.

Allan dived to the side instinctively, taking cover behind a different tree as two more shots rang out. Growling in frustration, he pulled a fragment of his mask down over his eye, feeling the hatred and anger he felt magnify from Soultaker's malign influence. He flipped around the tree, moving inhumanly fast as he leapt to the treetops in search of his assailant. Turning to the right, he saw it; a sniper perched in a tree. He hadn't seen Allan yet.

<"That's correct, I've lost sight of Beast. Repeat, lost sight of-">

Allan landed near to him, on a different branch. The Reaper looked up in surprise, and couldn't react fast enough.

<"Leave...">

Allan raised one hand past his head, setting up a backhanded strike.

<"...ME...">

Lightning fast, the hand arced out towards the Reaper. It crashed through the tree trunk, barely even slowed by the impact.

<"ALONE!">

The Reaper managed to raise an arm to try and defend himself. Allan felt bones shatter under the force of the blow, and the Reaper was hurled away from him, although he would survive. Malign laughter filled his head as Allan fled.

Allan rocketed through a wall, chunks of metal and concrete falling all around him as he crashed to the earth. He staggered to his feet, his enhanced abilities protecting him but still not dulling the pain entirely. He felt a fractured rib mend, and, smiling, he launched himself into the air. When he was high enough, he formed a platform of reishi and crouched like a dog, grinning savagely.

"Come on, is that the best you've got?"

His enemy, a rogue Arrancar, growled in annoyance. The evolved hollow had just activated his Resurrección, revealing a form remarkably similar to a European dragon. He had retained his speed, however, and a powerful blow had sent Allan out of the sky. Not enough to do permanent injury, but it was an impressive display none the less. Not that it was going full out, yet. This would be fun.

"Why won't you die!?"

Allan chuckled malevolently.

"Bug bites and love taps won't do <s***>. Why don't you try fighting, for a change? Or was that the best you've got?"

With an enraged roar, the Arrancar stretched its jaws open and released a scorching blast of fire from its throat. The white hot flames enveloped Allan entirely, but when the inferno dissipated, he still stood, covered in the thick bone armor of his Resurrección. The Arrancar recoiled.

"What are you?"

Allan grinned and dropped to all fours, a crimson glow beginning to form in his mouth.

"Haven't ya heard? The name's Allan Crossdale, the Living Arrancar! What’s a Living Arrancar, you might ask? Your worst nightmare! Let me demonstrate! Cero...Marmotreto!"

An enormous Cero launched from Allan's mouth, flashing forward into the Arrancar.

What was he?

Spoiler
    Show

<"Ouch, hey, what’s your problem?">

Allan started.

<"Huh?">

Allan slowly came out of his trance.

<"Seriously, man, I just tapped you! What gives?">

Allan had been less and less focused, recently. He had been zoning out with…weird daydreams and fantasies, flashes of what felt almost like memories. His head was filled with visions of an endless, featureless desert trapped in an eternal night. But there was more. Strange masked creatures that consumed others of their kind, all of different shapes, sizes, and powers. The desert was a place of unending war, where the strong thrived and the weak perished. He saw great battles and enormous struggles, titanic clashes that tore rifts in the earth and sent lesser beings fleeing for the safety of distant dunes.

Worse, the strange flashes of bloodlust that Allan had always experienced had been growing more and more frequent, and Allan was having more trouble forcing them down. He had become more withdrawn from his family and friends, because he never knew what would set him off. Marcus had just bumped into him, but he had reflexively lashed back and struck his friend. It had only hit the shoulder, and it hadn’t been full strength, but it hadn’t been a friendly strike, either. Allan blinked.

<"Oh, s-sorry.">

Marcus tilted his head.

<"What's been with you, man? You've been acting strange, lately.">

Allan shook his head.

<”I just…haven't been feeling like myself.”>

Marcus snorted.

<"Well, you still look the same. Don't worry, you'll shake this.">

Allan nodded quietly.

<He's right. I'm just feeling a bit off. It's still me, same Allan Crossdale, ordinary school kid.>

<Ugh…w-what? What's going on?>

The last thing Allan remembered was being attacked by a creature like the ones from his hallucinations. He was lying on the ground, his vision spinning. Groaning, Allan pushed himself up and stood. More memories that weren’t his flashed through his mind, but this time, they passed too quickly for him to get anything useful. He stood, shakily, and looked around. Rubble was everywhere, shattered blocks of concrete and steel littering the ground. Allan took a few unsteady steps forward, then paused and grabbed his throbbing head.

<Where am I?>

<"There it is!">
    <"Are you sure? It looks human…">
    <"Use your head! You can feel it, can't you?">
    <"I…yeah.">

Allan turned to the voices, revealing two men dressed in military garb. One of them raised the firearm he carried, and pointed it at Allan.

<What's he doing…with…oh no.>

Allan backpedaled, tripped, scrambled to his feet, and ran, a gun shot shattering the concrete where he had been a second ago. He turned a corner and sprinted full out, just trying to get away. His unusually keen ears picked up the continued conversation between the men.

<"Don’t let that monster get away!">

Allan was concluding his meeting with the Shinigami, the psychopomps of Japan. He was across from two of the Shinigami, standing on a rooftop in the middle of the city Allan had settled in. The Shinigami had detected his presence and had been understandably concerned, dispatching a group to scope him out and dispatch him. Allan had managed to talk them out of immediately trying to kill him, leading to a tense conversation. Allan was pretty sure that he had talked them out of killing him.

About seventy five percent sure.

Maybe sixty.

It was still a bit dicey.

"Alright. So, can you define for us exactly what you are? Human or hollow?"

Allan shrugged.

"Yes? Not a good enough answer. That's part of the problem. My circumstances are kind of…unique."

The Shinigami regarded him coolly for a moment before finally relenting.

"Very well, I'll report this back to my superiors. This isn't over."

"Thanks."

Allan dropped over the side of the roof, but before he left, his ears detected a snippet of the Shinigami's conversation.

"He is a threat."
    "Yes, but he could be powerful ally. We'll see what the higher ups say."

The torrent of memories flash by in an instant, carrying with them brief surges of the assorted emotions that Allan had long since forgotten. And yet…something was wrong. For several seconds, Allan tries without success to determine what it was that he was perturbed by, until it finally hits him. Every single one of the memories, the events in his life that he had chosen to identify himself by, were ancient. Not just ancient, but all in a span of a few years, the tiniest fraction of his existence. They were also all from the time before his death. Allan has been a Shinigami for nearly a century, and yet he can barely remember anything from this time. It is all a blur of apathy, and avoiding work. How could that have happened? He was always planning to get off his back and do something…tomorrow. Next week. Next month. And so he had wasted decades without progress.

Well, look who woke up.

Spoiler
    Show

In a rush, Allan is sucked into his own Inner World, appearing in the middle of the gentle desert that he knew so well. Before he can react, he is lifted off his feet by an invisible force and pulled through the air at enormous speed. His destination quickly becomes obvious; the large monolith that was always visible on the horizon of his mindscape. He had never been able to reach it before, but now it looms closer and closer until Allan is at the base. He pauses in mid air for a second, then rockets skyward, before finally being hurled none too gently onto the top of the rectangular structure. Allan rolls and lands gracefully, then looks around.

He is immediately confronted by a large, bestial creature, nearly ten feet tall at the shoulder, towering above Allan. It splits its mouth, revealing long fangs almost like a smile, then hops back from the Shinigami, clearing fifteen feet in a single bound.

"Welcome back, Allan."

Allan cocks his head and squints.

"You're my…"

It cuts him off.

"Sword spirit? Yes. I've been waiting a long time for this moment, Allan."

"Then why didn’t you respond to any of my searching?"

"You weren't looking for me, you were looking for a way to fix your sword. You haven't done a damn thing since you died. I wasn't about to help someone like that. You needed a wake up call, but it couldn't be from me."

"So now that I'm ready to stop screwing around…?"

It pulls its mouth into the unsettling grin once more.

"I'm all yours. Together, we shall make your name one to be respected and feared, boasted of by your friends and spoken in hushed whispers by your enemies. Let me drink the corrupted blood of a thousand times a thousand hollows, drawn from their bodies until Hueco Mundo floods and they have been scoured from its sands. We shall show everyone our power, what we can really do when we have cause. Together, we shall make everyone who has ever doubted you hang their heads with shame and everyone who has ever put their faith in you know that their trust was not misplaced. Let's change the world. Let's make you a legend. Where others falter, we shall stand tall. Where others give up, we shall keep fighting. Where others collapse from their wounds, we shall spit our blood into the eyes of our enemies. Where others break off the hunt, their quarry lost, we shall pursue until we have driven our prey to the edge of death. For too long, you have sat, complacent. Now that that is ended, we shall rise. There is nothing you cannot do, with me by your side."

As the beastly spirit spoke, it and Allan slowly drew closer together, one step at a time. They finally meet in the center of the monolith's roof, face to face. Allan reaches one hand out and touches the spirit's snout.

"Now speak my name, and seal our pact!"

"But what is your…" Allan pauses, then laughs once, quietly, harshly. "I suppose I already know. Alright. Let's do it."

Back in Hachirou's Inner World, Allan looks up from his contemplations, eyes burning with a new light as he meets Hachirou's gaze.

"Hachirou-san…thank you. I needed a wake up call, and I needed to know what you have told me. For almost longer than I can remember, I have defined myself by what I was, so I forgot who I am. So, just…thank you."

Slowly, he reaches out and takes the sword from Hachirou.

"I have made my choice. I am a warrior."

He kneels and plants the sword in the ground, then stands.

"But I already have a sword."

With a slow, deliberate motion, Allan lowers his hand to the hilt of his Zanpakuto, then draws it from its sheath. The short sword slowly comes free, until Allan holds the blade, now repaired and whole once more, before him. He spins it around his finger in a display of dexterity, before stopping it cold with a firm grip.

"Resurrect. Soultaker."

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Boabone vs. Damara

Boabone's 'next move' turns out to be one that she's already done to the citizens of the Rukon but hadn't yet attempted to attack Damara with yet. She's quick to dodge out of the way of the kido blast, garganta-windstorm turned the wrong way for the moment, even as a veritable horde of black threads are sent coursing out from the stitches in her arms and legs. They slither and wave through the air towards the street below, seemingly without purpose or path even as the arrancar calls over the roar of the wind.

"Damara Shishihara? Are you still alive?" The eyeless arrancar woman calls out uncertainly as her spear reconnects to itself with a mechanical clank. However, as a few stray threads come closer to the Vice Captain's position, they pause for a moment before questing towards his position more earnestly though Boabone herself doesn't turn to face him fully yet either to bring him back within grip of her garganta once more.
    Rukongai
    Middle Districts

Damara shrinks back from the threads, still pressing at his wound. After a few seconds, the blood flowing from the injury adheres to his Shihakusho, partially blocking the flow. Having temporarily attended to that problem, Damara turns his attention back on his Arrancar adversary. Lifting his left hand back in a throwing pose, he conjures a Hyapporankan rod in his hand without chanting or even speaking. From his crouch, he launches high into the air, then hurls the Bakudo down at Boabone, hoping to trap her.

Forming a platform of Reishi, Damara stands on the air and readies himself. He then releases the platform and dives down, towards the other side of the street. Mid-flight, he points one palm at Boabone, then releases a concentrated blast of Sōkatsui. Spinning, he lands on the rooftop opposite of his starting point. Reaching his hand down to his side, Damara draws his Zanpakuto, then holds it out in front of him.

"Shine. Shiro Hoshi."

In a blinding flash, Damara's Zanpakuto unseals itself, a brilliant glow suffusing the blade. Damara flares his own Reiatsu in response, demonstrating an impressive burst of power. He moves his sword to the side, leaving a bright trail, then slices it across in an arc at Boabone.

"White Wave."

A shining projectile detaches from the blade and launches towards Boabone.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

After several moments of waiting, Masaru's swords faded to regular steel, and were quickly sheathed.

He frowned a bit at Michiko's strong suggestion. While the idea had some merit, he wasn't a fan of fellow Captains throwing around orders when the Commander-General was present.

Then Ryouichi's words triggered full realization of what the beast had spoken.

"Kujo? Crap. Hm. Unknown number of infiltrators, unknown goal, unknown location..."

He seems to be mostly talking to himself, running a plan through his mind. Then, he pulls out his reiphone, dialing the officer on duty at 8th.

"This is Captain Masaru. Execute Plan Charybdis-Scylla-One-Five-Niner-Five. Repeat, Plan Charybdis-Scylla-One-Five-Niner-Five. Authorization: Masaru-Sierra-Golf-Seven-Niner-Yankee-One-Six. I will be notifying the Captains immediately."

He hangs up, only to call up enough Hell Butterflies to reach every Captain (or in the case of some Divisions, Vice-Captain) not present.

Captains,
    Per order of the Commander-General, I am immediately organizing a massive search effort. The dangerous criminal known to us as "Kujo" was stated to be present in Soul Society. The source is suspect, but we cannot risk not searching for him. Be warned, he may not be alone; there may be other infiltrators. Officers and Unseated from 8th will be dispersing to all Divisions with plans for how to conduct the search pattern. If you have any questions or concerns, contact myself or the Commander-General. But if at all possible, please at least adopt and modify the plans I am sending out. This is a time for precision and coordination. Thank you.
    He turns to face Vice-Captain Goto, and begins to explain what his plan entails, when Michiko suddenly moved to restrain Vice-Captain Karite. Her exclamation for help was all the reason he needed.

"Carriage of Thunder. Bridge of a spinning wheel. With light, divide this into six! Bakudō #61. Rikujōkōrō!"

Even as the yellow light is slamming into Karite's body, Masaru is suddenly right in front of him. Of course, Karite might more immediately notice the sword point sitting in the hollow of his throat, right above his Adam's apple, the tip not quite breaking skin. When Masaru speaks, it is in a tone that implies deadly harm if not obeyed.

"Do not move."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Naraku

Is stuck in time.
    Natsuko's eyes are hard

"I would consider death better than being under control like that with no hope of escape, so holding her hostage in that way will not work. You can kill her, but a painful death is better than the rest of her life in a living hell.

Release her, and you might come out of this alive."

A dragon of flame twists in the air above Naraku, ready to incinerate his form.

{{Incidentally, the dragon is visible for miles around, deliberately on Natsuko's part}}

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi

A Hell Butterfly lands on Taiki's outstretched hand and then flies away shortly after, its message delivered. Taiki merely sits and watches, waiting for his foe to arrive. Kujo. At least now I have the name upon which to place all these actions. We do think alike...it will be a great pleasure to place you under arrest.

A slight whistling can be heard in the air around Taiki, barely audible.

Ren Karashi

Ren smiles. "Heh. His neck's already been wrung. Takahashi did that for me a million times over."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Pixie in the Playground

[3rd Division Barracks, Shishimaru]

Finally, Shishimaru had made it. It hadn't really taken that long, but the day had already been long enough for Shishimaru, and the invasion was still going on! The 3rd division was mostly empty, with most of the members already mobilized to evacuate the Rukongai. However, without any further instruction, Shishimaru wasn't sure where to go, so he contented himself with staying at the 3rd division, and stopping anyone who might want to wreak havoc here. Yeah, like that'll happen. If intruders were going to strike, they would hit 4th or 5th, one of the internally important divisions.

"All right, Nasumi-san. I think that we can rest now. Hopefully we can wait out the invasion here, I don't think that we'll be of any more help than we are now."

[4th Division, Daisuke]

Daisuke finally finished absorbing the barrier, and made his speedy way over to Natsuko, stopping dead when he saw her opponent.

Kagome.

How?! How could she still be...Why was Natsuko-taichou attacking...What had happened?!

"Natsuko-taichou, what are you doing?! What happened to Kagome-san? What are you talking about?" Daisuke looked close to tears. He'd just seen this girl die right in front of him, and now he was about to watch a captain kill her again. This was not Daisuke's best day.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

"Simple. That... thing... took control of her. Either her personality's dead and we're talking to a puppet, or she's better off dead.

Or he lets her go. Your choice, whatever you are. Because you're not leaving in her, I promise you that."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hachirou's Inner World]

Hachirou smiles wryly as Allan takes the Asauchi from his hands, putting his hands behind his back as he admires the display. However, as the blade in his hands turns black, Allan might notice that the pair before him are fading... becoming blurry and indistinct, with some other image shining through as if the scene before him was but a transparent layer overlapping some greater picture.

"By the way, you're going back to the lamp after this", Allan can see Hachirou say to Jin, but the words don't quite reach his ears, as if they were nothing but imagination. The lush spirit still clinging affectionately to its owners reacts with visible shock. "What!?! NO WAY! You can't be this cruel to me!"

Hachirou's expression fades to muted annoyance Allan is so familiar with.
    "Yes I can, Jin, yes I can." Enraged, the spirit pushes itself away from him.

"That's it! I'm never talking to you again!"

Hachirou reaches up to rub his temples. "Yes, yes, Jin, you never will..."

Then the scene fades to white and...

---

"Had a pleasent trip?"

Allan might realize that as suddenly as he had left, he's back to his own quarters. Hachirou, dressed in the mime outfit, is standing before him, leaning to a wall that's decidedly not there, one hand in his pockets and the other holding a pile of metal fragments.

The "real world", if you can call it that, looks disturbingly bright and sharp in comparison to what Allan just witnessed before; it's almost as if he just woke up from deep slumber.

He's still standing upright, though - and still holding his newfound sword.

"I have to get going now"
    , Hachirou states, "someone's been creating quite a ruckus outside. Mission control is swarmed with butterflies and you can't hear your own thoughts over the Tenteikuras and ringtones here. I hear they need help relaying the messages to right places." He turns to leave.

"Have an interesting evening."

---

[3rd Division]

Nasumi's quite glad to be back on the map again. She nods to Shishmaru, but just before they get inside... she raises her hand and points to the horizon. "Hey! Where do you think that smoke's coming from, Shishimaru-san? Isn't that quite close?"

---

[Abandoned Seireitei Building]

While Soushi's busy drawing the map, the stranger pulls out a familiar-looking dirty rag and soaks it in substance of questionable nature - a toxic smell soon begins drifting from it. He steps around the corner and walks to Karashi who's still smiling defiantly - well, at least that'd come to an end soon, for a moment.

"Time to go", the stranger rasps, shoving the rag on the immobilized officer's face and waiting till he has to breathe - when the stranger can feel Ren's body slacken, he ties the rag around his mouth again. Then he grasps the glowing links of Sajo Sabaku and hoists him to his shoulders.

"Put a Kyokko on us. Not the book, though"
    , he hisses, poking the notebook with the tip of his foot. Soushi might notice he's also trying to point out a part of the map to him. "Gonna drop him there. Should allow me to still be on touch with you without jeopardizing anything further. Then you can proceed with that wacky plan of yours."

After he's certain both their visibility and Reiatsu signatures have been removed, the stranger picks up the map and heads towards the exit. "Drug's not gonna last long. Be sure you're on the ball when I drop him", a disembodied voice echoes to seeming emptiness. That's the last sign of any soul being present in the area.

So, the criminals sneak through the streets, towards mountains looming in the distance. Some distance around them, Seireitei bustles with activity as messages are received and patrols rerouted, net of seekers tightening around only some minutes too late to block path of the rogues - mostly because they are sadly unaware that path is leading to anywhere of import...