New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

So, Ghanz said he'd narrate the witchunt 3 game, but he's MIA, so I think maybe I'll. Although it's a 21 player game it doesn't need to be scheduled, right?

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Okay here's the updated roles for Open Werewolf

Sides are revealed.
    Roles are not revealed, even on death.
    There are 3 sides.

Town:
    Elder (seer)
    Coot (fool)
    Guardsman (Beast)
    Priest (Night baner)
    Lover (lovers)
    Doctor (can ressurect players killed by normal night kills every 3 days)
    Villagers (nothing)

Wolves (has a night kill):
    Black Wolf (beast)
    Gray Wolf (careless day baner until scried)
    Red Wolf (anti-seer. Kills whoever scries on him)
    White Wolf (seer)

Outsiders (has a night kill, win by )
    Ranger (has 2 lives)
    Hermit (immortal the day and night after scried, Scies as Witch)
    Witch (seer)
    Wild Man (Double kill beast until scried)

How about now. A scying based game.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #423
    Pixie in the Playground

So the Seer/Fool never know who they are?
    This idea intrigues me.

Hard to say if it's balanced without running it; would the Fool count as a scry for all the "until scried" abilities, or would it have to be the Seer/wolf seers?
    I think if the day baner loses his power when scried he probably shouldn't be careless, and vice versa. Also you left out the Outsider win condition.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

Is there need for a fool anyway? I mean it'll only be unkown who is who during the first night, unless the village is unlucky.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Is there need for a fool anyway? I mean it'll only be unkown who is who during the first night, unless the village is unlucky.
    Unless the Fool always gets wolf roles for wolves, outsider roles for outsiders and village roles for villagers. Then lack of role reveals means they never know for sure.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Unless the Fool always gets wolf roles for wolves, outsider roles for outsiders and village roles for villagers. Then lack of role reveals means they never know for sure.
    They could just scry one of the villagers. They know who is good, no need to not be in contact since the begining and share the roles.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2011-01-05 at 12:35 PM.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    They could just scry one of the villagers. They know who is good, no need to not be in contact since the begining and share the roles.
    Hm. Good point.

You could give the baddies a role that learns the role of anybody scried. That might make that less ideal.

EDIT: Or a scry vortex. Assuming it's a no-PM game, any plan would have to be made in the open, so a scry vortex could screw that up.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2011-01-05 at 12:44 PM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm. Good point.

You could give the baddies a role that learns the role of anybody scried. That might make that less ideal.
    They could just use the villagers for that, not the power roles.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2011-01-05 at 12:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Pixie in the Playground

Or a scry vortex. Assuming it's a no-PM game, any plan would have to be made in the open, so a scry vortex could screw that up.
    Or a trapper. That should slow them down.

But yeah, it seems like this game would require a no-PM rule.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

For the outsiders' win condition, I'm torn between normal wolf win or kill all the seers/fools (with the village getting an extra seer or fool).

No-PM sounds like an interesting idea. With that a medium can be added. Heck, the wolves/outsiders could even vote in the thread.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mafia XI - 1931 game thread is up here.

Thanks Alarra and Zeb!
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

12. - Top - End - #432
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, the thread for my Shape-shifters game is up and recruiting! Many of the roles are original and the game focuses more on altering the actual votes than anything else and all of the villain roles are unique, so that should be pretty cool.
    It should be hectic and fun; it is also my first game, so I am still looking for any co-narrators who would like to help with keeping track of things and maybe writing some narrations (I'm somewhat confident in myself to make them passable, but it's my first time so I might be terrible!).

Anyway, the thread is here:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182099

Please take a look if you like, I hope to see a good amount of people since the more bodies we have, the more unique villain roles we get!

13. - Top - End - #433
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    ...I'm somewhat confident in myself to make them passable, but it's my first time so I might be terrible!...

Anyway, the thread is here:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182099
    Yes, but then you know for sure you have no where to go but up and improve! It's ok to fail the first time, just learn from it. Better to try something and learn than never try.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

14. - Top - End - #434
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey Thufir! WW Classic XII finished! </stuffyoualreadyknew>
    Also, would it be possible for somebody to make a Roles Compendium for non-core roles? People keep talking about scry-vortexes and trappers and its confusing.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Dwarf in the Playground

To any and all who like their werewolf in a reasonably uncomplicated form!

Breaking the 4th Wall: WW Recruiting Now

It's time to play as...each other?

16. - Top - End - #436
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Hey Thufir! WW Classic XII finished! </stuffyoualreadyknew>
    Also, would it be possible for somebody to make a Roles Compendium for non-core roles? People keep talking about scry-vortexes and trappers and its confusing.
    Well, I think Wikipedia covers a lot of them, but I'll give it a shot. Vortexers switch votes for two people, so if everyone votes for player A, those votes all count against player B, and vice versa. A scry vortexer would do it for scries, so trying to scry a vortexed player would scry the other vortexed player (and since in his game there's a wolf that kills whoever scries them, it becomes dangerous on top of making scries unreliable).
    Trappers set traps, which normally kill anyone who uses an individual power (like a scry) on the trap target.
    Alpha wolves normally scry as villagers, Disguisers can make people scry as a different role, engineers can make items with various effects, Beasts kill a random person when they die, Assassins have a night kill, Voiders can stop a player from using their power, Spies can listen to and talk with the wolves in some way, and then there's various other role-specific powers that may or may not have standard role names, like the ones that get more votes than other people or ones that survive kills.
    I'm probably forgetting some stuff, but you can always ask a narrator if you don't know what their rules mean.

EDIT:Oh right, Recruiters can turn people to their side (though it's usually a choice for their target) and "Careless" powers can't target themselves (pretty much just a Baner thing).
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2011-01-09 at 03:03 PM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Bugbear in the Playground

I suppose I should tell everyone that S.E.U. VIII Horrors on a Plane have started recruiting.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

My game will be recruiting once the thread is approved.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

19. - Top - End - #439

I'd like to suggest that we try The Resistance variant which allows people to stay in the whole game. In it, rather than voting on someone to remove from the game, the villagers decide upon a list of trusted people to be given a "Plan" in the day phase (There are a couple less Plans than Villagers). In the night phase, the any werewolf that is given a plan can choose to foil it. If anybody foils a plan, the villagers lose a point, if not, the werewolves lose one. First team to zero points loses. If there is a no-PM rule (and there probably should) then the villagers get to know how many people foiled the plan.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2011-01-10 at 08:44 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

20. - Top - End - #440

So, this is the final iteration of the Assassin's Creed WW Rules. I'd love some feedback, simply because there are so many power roles: 24 Non-Villager roles to be precise.

WW: Assassin's Creed Revised Rules

Spoiler
    Show

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Version 3
      Fined tuned some stuff and hopefully balanced it all out.

Important Information
    Spoiler
    Show

Number of Players Wanted: 35-50 (Extra Large Game)
    Co-Narrator? Would be greatly appreciated - there's a LOT of work to do.
    Intended Start Date? February 21st
    Number of Variant Rules in Play: There are seven variant rules in play:
    Spoiler
    Show

• They're all wolves!: Masons and Wolves are interchangeable terms that represent two opposing factions - neither side is inherently the "good side", and the villagers win if they survive the game.
    • Secrecy is Paramount: Role Revealing is prohibited - any player that role reveals themselves will be killed.
    • Action Interference: If two Seers scry the same target, there is a chance they will receive no information due to interference. Scrying Items do NOT affect / are affected by Scry Interference. Likewise, if there is a Scry and a Kill placed on the same target, the Scrier will be able to also know all or part of the Killer's identity. If two or more Kills occur, then shenanigans occur and a random event will happen, ending in the death of any number of participants, including none of them.
    • Wanted: A number of players will secretly be given a player that they are to eliminate, in addition to their normal role. Bonuses are given for eliminating players.
    • Territory Control: There will be opportunities for individuals to forgo their Day Action and instead undertake a special mission away from the main arena of play, affecting something in game depending on whether they succeed or not. Items, Roles, and allies brought on the mission affect mission success.
    • Tools of the Trade: There are a number of items that will be handed out at random or at specific intervals. Certain roles start with items as well. These can be traded via PM with the Narrator and the Recipient, and have a wide variety of effects. Some are permanent (Auditore Cape: +1 Vote during Day), some are triggered when they're needed (Smoke Bomb: Saves you from being killed during a single Night Phase), and some can be triggered during a specific phase (The Hidden Gun: One-use Day Kill). Additionally, Items have a monetary value, and players will receive a random amount of money at the start of the game. After someone is killed, their gear is the auctioned off - players may bid florins, and at the end of the phase the gear is then given to the player with the highest bid.
    • Multi-Condition Victory: There are a number of objectives that each team must succeed to win. There are five conditions.
      1. The Apple: Whichever Side is holding the Apple at the end will win this condition.
      2. The Traitor: Nicolaus Copernicus/Traitor has turned tail from the Borgia/Wolves and is seeking out the Assassins, and has a number of documents with him that reveal the identity of prominent Templars as well as his scientific research. If the Assassin's can obtain the papers, they win this condition and Copernicus becomes an Assassin. If the Borgia manage to obtain the papers, they are burnt and the research lost - giving the Borgia this condition as well as beating
      3. Liberation / Strengthen: Villagers, at the start of the game are given a Skill Value. A player's Skill Value is put in play when they are recruited - each point of Skill Value is +1 for the recruiting side. Whichever side has accrued the most Skill Points wins.
      4. Legitimacy: Having the right people at your back can make all the difference in the outcome of history. There are seven outside factions that can be swayed. To obtain a groups loyalty, each one will offer a mission periodically that can be taken up by anyone. Whichever side puts up the strongest/most members wins. Certain roles are worth more - Ezio Auditore is worth three villagers when determining which side is stronger. Whichever side has obtained the loyalty of the most groups wins this condition.
      5. Requiescat en Pace / An Example For All: The game ends immediately if either side is wiped out entirely. The surviving side wins the condition (And probably the game as well if it reaches that point.

Villagers and Neutral players win simply by being alive at the end of the game.

Roles
    Spoiler
    Show

Tags and their meanings:
    [Attuned] Can use the Apple
    [Named] Counts for Victory Condition
    [Inner Circle] Starts knowing affiliated Circle members
    [Secret] Role Not Available to general population.
    [Mason/Wolf/Neutral] Affiliation of the Player
    [Recruitable] Player can be recruited by a faction

Any Non-Neutral player may participate in Factional Events - but forfeit their action for that phase by embarking on the mission.

The Assassins (MASONS)
    Spoiler
    Show

Ezio Auditore (Alpha Mason) [Mason] [Attuned] [Named][Inner Circle]
    Spoiler
    Show

As the Alpha Mason, Ezio can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    Ezio may attempt to Recruit a Villager.
    During the Night
    Ezio may perform a Night Kill every THIRD day in order to avoid accruing Notoriety.
    GEAR: Smoke Bomb, Auditore Cape

Claudia Auditore (Gossip/Day Baner) [Mason] [Attuned] [Named] [Inner Circle]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Claudia can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    Claudia may elect one person to be hidden by the Courtesans, keeping them out of sight. May be performed every other day.
    During the Night
    Claudia can use the knowledge gained by the Courtesans to learn a target’s Affiliation.
    GEAR: Medicine

Niccolo Machiaveli (Seer) [Mason] [Named][Inner Circle]
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the Seer, Niccolo can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    May Point As Normal
    During the Night
    May use his knowledge of the city and his political skill to learn a target’s Role. (Affiliation AND Role).
    GEAR: None

La Volpe (Thief) [Mason] [Named][Inner Circle]
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the Thief, La Volpe can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    La Volpe is a master thief, thereby enabling him to pick pockets of those around him for useful information. There’s a high chance that whomever he points at will be relieved of an item on them, and given to La Volpe
    During the Night
    La Volpe can make use of his network of thieves and footpads to interfere with Borgia rule. By selecting a target, he can make that target’s night action, if any, nullified.

Bartolomeo d’Alviano (Beast/Havoc) [Mason][Named]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bartolomeo can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    Once during the game, Bartolomeo can bring in his mercenaries and cause havoc across the city, instigating a riot and causing all kinds of mayhem. All points, secret actions, and anything else that would happen that day become nullified.
    During the Night
    If Bartolomeo is victim of a night attack, he will take his killer with him.
    GEAR: Bianca, Bartolomeo’s Sword

Caterina Sforza (Rebel) [Mason][Named]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Caterina is currently wanted by the Borgia for defying their rule. As such, she remains for the first two days Incognito. During this time, she scries as a villager and acts like one - her powers are not activated till the start of Day Three.

As the Rebel, Caterina can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    Caterina’s point counts for twice.
    During the Night
    No Actions

Assassin Initiate (Mason)[Mason]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Mason. Initiates start off knowing Ezio (who in turn knows all of the Initiates), but none of the other members of the Inner Circle. Recruited Villagers have a chance to become Assassin Initiates.
    During the Day
    As Normal.
    During the Night
    May go on Factional Events.

Courtesan (Mason)[Mason]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Mason. Initiates start off knowing Claudia (who in turn knows all of the Courtesans), but none of the other members of the Inner Circle. Recruited Villagers have a chance to become Courtesans.
    During the Day
    As a Villager.
    During the Night
    Has a chance to glean something about a target every other night - the target is picked at random as well.
    May vote to go on Events, if Any.

Padfoot (Mason)[Mason]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Mason. Padfeet start off knowing La Volpe (who in turn knows all of the Padfeet), but none of the other members of the Inner Circle. Recruited Villagers have a chance to become Padfeet.
    During the Day
    Random chance to steal an item from whomever they point at.
    During the Night
    May vote to go on Events, if Any.

The Borgia (WOLVES)
    Spoiler
    Show

Cesare Borgia(Alpha Wolf) [Wolf][Named][Attuned][Inner Circle]
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the Alpha Wolf, Cesare can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    May point as normal, but the point counts for twice.
    During the Night
    Cesare can attempt to solidify the loyalty of the villagers by recruiting townsfolk into the Templar Order. It’s a voluntary process, but the Borgia have ways of forcing conversion on a less willing subject.
    GEAR: Mastercrafted Armor (Smoke Bomb).

Micheletto(Serial Killer) [Wolf][Named][Inner Circle]
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the Serial Killer, Micheletto can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    May point as normal
    During the Night
    Micheletto is a master assassin – he thinks and acts as the Creed explains but he swears allegiance to the Borgia. Each night, he may kill someone that the Borgia elect.

Lucrezia Borgia (Disguise Artist) [Wolf][Attuned][Named][Inner Circle]
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the Disguise Artist, Lucrezia can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    May point as normal
    During the Night
    Lucrezia may chose someone and give them a different role should someone Scry them. Their role is still revealed upon death however.
    GEAR: Medicine

Juan Borgia (Devil) [Wolf][Attuned][Named][Inner Circle]
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the Devil, Juan can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    May point as normal
    During the Night
    Juan is known for his gluttonous nature and decadent parties. Between the wine and gossip, it’s easy for him to learn quite a bit about a person, revealing who they are despite all pretenses. Scrying someone as Juan reveals their Role and Allegiance.
    GEAR: Cod Piece

Iacopo de Grassi (Guardian) [Wolf][Named][Inner Circle]
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the Guardian, Iacopo can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    May point as normal
    During the Night
    If another Wolf were to be killed without any other way to stop it, Iacopo will take the fall for his masters. Iacopo will instead become whatever Role is killed off, and the player that DOES die will instead be revealed as Iacopo.

Tomas de Torquemada (Inquisitor)[Wolf][Named]
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the Inquisitor, Tomas can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    Tomas de Torquemada's point's count for double, due to his training and status as an Inquisitor. (As Caterina's ability)
    During the Night
    None

Lanz (Cento Occi Thief)[Wolf][Named]
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the Thief and Leader of the Cento Occi, Lanzcan perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    Tomas has a chance to steal an item from the person he targets in the lynch vote.
    During the Night
    Lanz may command the Cento Occi to harass someone, giving a chance for any night action they may have to fail.

Borgia Soldier[Wolf]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Wolves, Borgia Soldiers are known to Cesare and Iacopo (who in turn know them) but don't know the rest of the Borgia. If a Villager is recruited, he has a high chance to become a Borgia Soldier
    During the Day
    As Normal
    During the Night
    May go on Factional Events.

Borgia Spies[Wolf]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Wolves, These courtesans infiltrate the ranks of society and act as the ears of the Borgia. Juan knows all of the Borgia Spies, and they in turn know his identity as well. Recruited Villagers have a chance to become Spies.
    During the Day
    As a Villager.
    During the Night
    Parties are a fertile ground for gossip to grow - there is a chance each night that a Spy may uncover something about a random target.

Cento Occi[Wolf]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Wolves, these thieves are more thugs than anything else anymore. They operate as the eyes and arms of the Borgia, using their strength in numbers to gain some insurance from their unfortunate target. Cento Occi know Lanz (who in turn knows the identities of all the other Cento Occi).
    During the Day
    Can attempt to Pickpocket someone with their point, with a small chance to steal the target's Florins.
    During the Night
    Can attempt to Pickpocket someone with their point, with a small chance to steal the target's Florins.

The Agents (Variable)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Agents are a unique role: there are an unknown number of them, but there are always at least two of them. Agents are given a target – A specific character that they need to kill before they themselves are killed off. Agents themselves have a couple of abilities, as well as a randomized allegiance based on the random character they get assigned. If they succeed, they receive their target’s target, as well as new one shot ability.
    Agent (Agent) [Affiliation]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agents can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    May point as normal, but may also stalk another player. In doing so, they are told whether or not the selected player is the Agent’s Target.
    During the Night
    As Villager.
    GEAR: Hidden Gun (Flavor Text will Vary)

The City of Rome (Neutral)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rome has become a battle ground, and Innocents are getting caught in the crossfire.
    Townsperson/Roman (Villager)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Neutral] [Recruitable] [1d4 Skill Value]
    Villagers are very standard. They can point during day time in order to lynch someone, but have no night abilities besides those bestowed by gear.
    Win Condition: An unaffiliated Villager wins by surviving, no matter which group claims overall victory. Affiliated Villagers win if their faction wins.

Nicolaus Copernicus (The Traitor) [Neutral][Named]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Copernicus is a scientist preaching against the church, and now he’s on the run from the Templars and is trying do whatever he can to survive. If the Templars catch him before he can deliver his documents to the Assassins, the Templars win The Traitor victory condition. If the Assassins can get his documents and then recruit him into the Brotherhood, Copernicus will be able to divulge and mark a Templar in disguise.
    During the Day
    May point as normal.
    During the Night
    Just try not to die.
    GEAR: Scientific Papers

Fabio Orsini (Night Baner) [Neutral][Named]
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the Night Baner, Fabio can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    May point as normal
    During the Night
    By hiding someone away on Tiber Island, Fabio can keep that person out of Borgia gaze for a brief time, preventing anything bad happening to that individual. However, he CANNOT Bane himself.

Leonardo da Vinci(Engineer) [Named]
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the Engineer, da Vinci may perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    May point as normal
    During the Night
    Every other night, da Vinci’s brilliance will strike true and he will craft an item from the following list.
    • Smoke Bomb
    • Poison Dart
    • Hidden Gun Ammo
    • Fire Crackers
    • Parachutes

Additionally, there is a chance that da Vinci will craft one of his larger projects, the effects of which are known ONLY to da Vinci and are revealed in the Role PM. After a single use, the project is destroyed and cannot be rebuilt.
    da Vinci's Projects
    Spoiler
    Show

• The Bomber: If da Vinci crafts the Bomber, he may enlist the help of someone to pilot the machine. That person may then launch an aerial assault on a target - causing them to be unable to post in the next phase.
    • The Armored Car: This medieval tank requires THREE willing participants to operate, and when operated, can cause a Havoc event to occur.
    • The Machine Gun: This weapon requires one participant to use, and, while rather inaccurate, causes quite a cacophony of sound. In addition to acting as a Firecracker, there's a chance that it will kill someone who pointed at whomever is being protected.

GEAR: Toolbox

SECRET ROLES
    Spoiler
    Show

These roles are ones that I'm posting solely for balancing against the other roles. If you have ANY interest in singing up for this game... don't open this set of spoilers. Seriously.
    Spoiler
    Show

Subject 16 (Investigator) [Neutral][Secret]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The previous target of Abstergo before Desmond, Subject 16's persona is still very much a part of the Animus. He's hidden somewhere in the code, hiding and waiting. He can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    May point as normal
    During the Night
    Subject 16 is able to see everything that's going on - who's meeting with who, what's happening where, and so forth. Every other night, he learns of any scries, kills, and other abilities used on who, but not by whom or why.

Nikolai Orlov (Magus) [Mason][Secret]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A member of the Russian Assassin’s Guild, Nikolai intends to re-unify the guild across Europe in the 1700s to complete his own secret goals. Nikolai wins if he can make contact with the Assassins. He can perform the following abilities:
    During the Day
    May point as normal
    During the Night
    The Animus is glitching – Nikolai finds himself somewhere in ancient Roma, and can use his superior technology to win the day. Every Night, Nikolai can attempt to kill someone, and there is a 50% chance the Animus will glitch again and enable the kill. Otherwise, the target is Baned and cannot be influenced by any actions that night at all.

Caha and Cahin (The Lovers) [Neutral] [Secret] [Recruitable]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Harlequin and the Hellequin, siblings Caha and Cahin have their own agenda. But what is it?
    If Caha dies, Cahin dies as well, but not before revealing the identity of the killer. If Cahin dies first however, Caha exacts vengeance and kills Cahin’s murderer before his own demise.
    During the Day
    May point as normal
    During the Night
    None.

Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Sometimes, a player may begin with gear or be given gear during the course of the game. Items cannot be bought unless an event is in play that enables it. At the start of the game, players are given 1d10 Florins. You will need to barter, sell, and steal your way into more cash - or find some randomly.

The Apple[No Value - Cannot Be Sold]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Apple is an ancient artifact that holds the power to bend peoples minds to the will of the user. Whomever holds the Apple has a greater sense of presence, and has an extra +1 to their vote. Additionally, if they happen to be [Attuned] to the Apple, they are able to do one of the following in lieu of pointing:
    • Recruit a neutral player to your faction (if any)
    • Change someone elses point to a target of your choosing.
    • Cause a "Havoc" to occur, as Bartolomeo's ability.

Gaining Attunement:Anyone can become [Attuned] over the course of the game if they hold onto the Apple for more than five day phases in a row.

Smoke Bombs [10 Florins]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Smoke Bombs are pocket sized tool used to escape your pursuers. If you were to ever fall victim to a nightly attack. They're not strong enough to use against a mob, but against a few assailants they can work wonders. If you ever get targeted while holding a Smoke Bomb, you automatically activate it and escape your pursuers.

Auditore Cape[No Value - Cannot Be Sold]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Auditore Family has a certain amount of prestige to their name, even after they were accused of treason. But the name Ezio Auditore remains spoken on many tongues and when they see the crest, they know that Ezio himself is backing that man's word. Owning the Auditore Cape gives you an additional vote during daytime votes. This is not a separate vote - your vote is worth two instead of one.

Papal Seals [12 Florins]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Vatican remains the seat of power in Europe, controlling a vast number of political and economic weight that it can throw around as it pleases. These seals represent the Vatican's approval of an individual, making their say count that much more. Owning the Papal Seals makes your vote worth an additional vote, as the Auditore Cape does. However, this is a one use item and is used up after their bonus is counted.

Armor of Brutus [No Value - Cannot Be Sold]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This ancient suit of armor was handcrafted by master blacksmiths during an era of just as much political manipulation as there is today. The armor itself is a grand sight to behold, and when worn provides quite a bit more weight to what you say. It makes your vote worth an additional vote.

The Cod Piece [No Value - Cannot Be Sold]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Juan Borgia's Cod Piece is quite a fearsome sight to behold. Whenever it's owner is to be targeted by a Kill, the Cod Piece scares them away, but it only works once on any given individual before it loses its scare factor, even if the Cod Piece changes owners.

Fire Crackers [8 Florins]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This string of fireworks explodes violently when lit, causing a comotion to distract people. They're not effective against a lone assassin, but against a crowd of people, they can be quite effective at letting you slip away. Having these with you enables you to survive a daytime lynching, but they can't be re-used.

Medicine [5 Florins]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Il Dottore's best product, this vial of medicine can heal many types of wounds, but it takes a bit to be administered - you can't give it to yourself when you would truly need it. But, if someone is "killed" overnight, you can revive them with this medicine during the day - their role remains unchanged. Additionally, they can cure being Poisioned.

Carnival Mask [8 Florins]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This mask was hand crafted from the festivities in Venice, and wearing it obscures your face. By using it, it lets you hide your identity, making you scry as a villager with no affiliation.

Parachutes [5 Florins]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This linen glider will provide a quick escape in the nick of trouble. While primarily used by Agents, this item protects you from being killed if you yourself are out at night - but whatever action you wanted to perform is nullified in the process.

Poison Darts [10 Florins]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poison Darts are filled with another of Il Dottore's finest craft. This particular concoction does more harm then help however, and by injecting someone with it, the victim will die in the next phase after you inject them -but they will still be able to take actions during that phase - including taking medicine to cure themselves.

Bianca [No Value - Cannot Be Sold]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bartolomeo's sword, this ancient blade has served the d'Alviano family for generations. The blade is heavy, and hard to wield, but it shows a certain amount of presteige to even carry the blade. Whomever owns this weapon can cause any number of things to happen, based on how, or why, it's used. However, once the sword is used, it's gone - The d'Alviano family will find you and reclaim their property.

Because Bartolomeo starts with this item, he is forbidden from using it until the end of the third day phase. Additionally, any attempts to steal it from him until it is usable fail.
    Effects (Secret from all Players)
    Spoiler
    Show
    • If used to influence an Event, there is a 50% chance that members of a faction of the user's chosing will count for double.
    • If used during a Day Phase, the User's target is automatically lynched no matter who is really voted out.
    • If used during a Night Phase, you are not only baned, but you will kill your attacker, if any.
    • If used to influence a Territorial Event, then the user may chose his outcome from the list of possibilities for that event.

Hidden Gun and Ammo [10/5 Florins]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This rare implement enables a silent kill from a distance - but finding shots without wasting them can be challenging at best. There's a 75% Chance that the kill will succeed, and finding a shot that will work in the fine mechanisms of the gun will make you want to conserve your shot for the right moment.

Scientific Papers [No Value - Cannot Be Sold]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Copernicus's proof of his theories, without them he cannot prove that the Templars are wrong about their stance on Science. If he is found and "Killed" by the Templars, he loses his papers and the Templars win the victory condition. If he is able to make contact with the Assassins, the papers are handed over and he can be safely inducted into the Brotherhood. Additionally, the papers will provide information for the Assassins to pinpoint a Templar agent and take them out.

Events
    Spoiler
    Show
    Every couple of days, there will be an "Event" - something new, game changing, and out of the ordinary will occur. Events are divided into two catagories - Factional (For the Legitimacy Win Condition), and Chance. Factional Events are only offered to Faction Members, while Chance events are offered to everyone. No matter what type of event, all are announced in the game thread.
    Note: If, at some point, a neutral player wants to influence a Factional Event, they PM the Narrators and state what, and how, they are doing it. Any effect is to be governed on a case by case basis. For example, having The Apple would certainly help, as would having a number of items.

Factional Events
    Minimum Support refers to how many votes/players must volunteer to go on that mission for them to have a chance to succeed. From there, it's a matter of who sends the larger force.
    In the event of a Tie, the winner is decided by how many Named Roles are present. If there are an equal number of Named Roles, then Narrators will deliberate over who wins.

Spoiler
    Show

The Bonfire of the Vanities (Florence)
    Spoiler
    Show

Flavor Text:
    Neutral:
    Artwork and tapestries burn in the city squares of Florence as the people grow restless and tired of abuse from their leader Savonarola. Although somewhat draconic, his methods get things done and keep his people safe, but the cost of personal freedoms is too high for many of the Florentini.
    Assassins:
    Florence remains in the grip of the Dominican Priest Savonarola, but civil unrest is rising - if we can commit a small group of our numbers to the mix, we can push the tide in our favor and overthrow Savonarola and reinstate the Medicis back to their former glory - making them indebted to us as well.
    Borgia: Savonarola, current leader of Florence, is having trouble keeping the peace as he abuses his powers. Now, he comes asking us for support so that he may continue his tyranny. If we were to send some of our soldiers to quell the uprisings, Savonarola would be indebted to us.

Minimum Support Required:
    • Assassins:3 Votes
    • Borgia:3 Votes

Additional Effects:None

Rebirth from the Ashes (Forli)
    Spoiler
    Show

Flavor Text:
    Neutral:
    After many sieges and brutal conflicts in the region, Forli has finally begun it's efforts to rebuild all that was lost. Word is that they've put out calls to everyone that can lend aid, but many are refusing to do so based on the risks required to reach the region.
    Assassins:Forli was an ally in the past - and Caterina has ties to our Brotherhood. If we do not help our former ally now, especially when we are able to, how can we expect to call on them when it matters most? Send our Assassin's to help rebuild and protect the city - and secure Forli's loyalty.

Borgia: Despite everything, that wretched fool Catarina intends to rebuild Forli. We have yet to truly make an example of her it seems, and we must do so in order to ensure our dominance. Send our soldiers to harass the rebuilding efforts and keep the region locked down before we send our own troops to rebuild. That should get Catarina out of the way and secure Forli's allegiance.
    • Assassins: 4 Votes (If Caterina is Present, only one Assassin needs to go as well.)
    • Borgia: 4 Votes

Additional Effects: If the Assassins win, and Caterina is not already in contact with the Assassins, she is revealed to Ezio (who is in turn revealed to her). If the Borgia win, Caterina loses her role and becomes a Villager.

Storm Warning(Monteriggioni)
    Spoiler
    Show

Flavor Text:
    Neutral:After the Florentini laid siege to the city of Monteriggioni, the city lay in disarray for quite some time after the army left, but quickly rebuilt due to funding from an anonymous source. Now however, it appears that the city may be besieged again - and this time it may be razed to the ground if the defenses aren't finished before the siege begins.

Assassins: Monteriggioni was your home - the home of your uncle Mario as well. Monteriggioni was more than just a home for him however, it was a symbol of our family and a symbol of how people can pull together. He built the city on a foundation of trust and brotherhood; the same values our order advocates. We must send our members to help ready the battlements and sabotage the siege to show that no matter how many soldiers they bring, that Monteriggioni can never truly fall.

Borgia: When we conquered that blasted city, it was assumed that there wouldn't be a follow up siege to ensure complacency. It seems that we were wrong. With our soldiers, we can easily topple the unready defenses and crush any hopes they have of rebuilding while under Assassin rule - something that would give them reason to forsake their leaders and join us instead. We must send our troops to act quickly before they can ready their defenses!
    • If either side brings one of Leonardo's Projects, then they gain a +3 Bonus to their side.
    • Assassins: 5 votes (Bartolomeo d'Alviano counts for +1)
    • Borgia: 5 votes (Iacopo counts for +1)

Additional Effects: If the Borgia Win, the Auditore Cape becomes useless. If the Assassin's win, then a second cape is given to Ezio, but only one cape may be worn at a time. The left over cape must be given to someone of Ezio's choosing.

A Night to Remember (Russia)
    Spoiler
    Show

Flavor Text:
    Neutral:Carneval is this time of year, and it's a time for political manuevering to be at a maximum. However, the festivities provide a nice escape from the gloom of Rome these days - a vacation may be in order for some. But word is that this year's Carneval has a special guest in attendance: A diplomat from the Tzardom of Russia.

Assassins: Russia - a vast land of an even more vast variety of people. Having a way into the palace, a way to influence the royalty of the great "Mother Russia", would be an extremely powerful tool we could wield in our fight. The time may be to send our Assassin's to meet with the Diplomat.

Borgia: Russia - a vast land of an even more vast variety of people. Having a way into the palace, a way to influence the royalty of the great "Mother Russia", would be an extremely powerful tool we could wield in our fight. The time may be to send our soldiers to ensure that the Diplomat speaks favorably of us, by any means necessary.

• Assassins: 5 (Nikolai counts for +4).
    • Borgia: 6

Additional Effects: Anyone sent on this mission receives a Carnival Mask.

When War is Declared (London)
    Spoiler
    Show

Flavor Text:
    Neutral: London - once a part of the Roman Empire, the great European power now plays host to a tyrant of a King, Henry VIII. Thus far, everything that the previous king had worked to build stands ready to crumble, and the brewing tensions between the French and the English stand to weaken this further.

Assassins: Henry VIII is a brutal overlord, and he threatens to overthrow everything his father worked to build. If we can make a push to prevent him from taking any more drastic actions, we may have a chance to prevent the war between the French and the English from picking up again. Our Assassins stand ready and waiting to depart for London's shores at your call.

Borgia: Henry VII is a man with goals - goals that we can help achieve. He's headstrong and brash, but he can be directed. If we were to offer our support against the French, we may be able to force loyalty from him and gain his support.
    • Assassins:8 votes worth
    • Borgia:8 votes worth

Additional Effects: There's a chance that the losing team could get the support of another faction revoked if they fail. The event will repeat should this happen.

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (Spain)
    Spoiler
    Show

Flavor Text:
    Neutral:Rumor is that the Spanish queen Isabella I is funding an expedition out to India by circumnavigating the globe, headed up by a navigator known as Columbus. It's a lofty feat, but certainly such a goal would have enemies and rivals coming out of the woodwork to have a stab at it.

Assassins: We just received word from an Assassin in Spain named Luis de Santangel. According to him, Columbus is being hunted down by Templar Agents and he needs assistance in keeping the navigator alive. If he does, Columbus has promised to hand over documents on the Templars he has, and will direct some of his finest pupils to the Guild to join the order. He needs Assassins however, as his own guild is severely understaffed due to a recent surge in Templar activity.

Borgia: According to our emissaries in Spain, Queen Isabella I is funding an expedition to India via circumnavigation. However, we have a far different goal in mind, and intend to ensure that our intrepid navigators discover the new world before Columbus does. If we do, it will mean that we will have the opportunity to spread our control over the western lands before all others, paving the way for our domination. Sending our soldiers and agents to ensure that Columbus encounters an "accident" would be most prudent.
    • Assassins:8 votes worth
    • Borgia:8 votes worth

Additional Effects: None

Boiling Point (Venice)
    Spoiler
    Show

Flavor Text:
    Neutral: Traveling merchants bring word that Venice is undergoing quite a number of changes as the death of it's leader leaves no apparent heir nor favorite between the two warring parties. It's a very balanced conflict, but a single action to support either party could tip the favor in anyone's direction.

Assassins: Venice has long been an Assassin stronghold and needs to remain as such. After Francesco Vecellio assassinated the corrupt Augustino Barbagio, the power vacuum must be filled with someone we can trust in order to preserve the progress we've made thus far - and our Assassins can ensure this comes to bear.

Borgia: With our last puppet killed, we need to reclaim Venice and drive the Assassins out once and for all. Our soldiers stand ready to travel and ensure that the Assassins are forced to withdraw from the city, but the order must be given now for us to have time to do so.
    • Assassins:5 votes worth
    • Borgia:4 votes worth

Preservation (San Gimignano)
    Spoiler
    Show

Flavor Text:
    Neutral: San Gimignano is one of the oldest cities in Italy, having been founded by the Etruscans before being added to the Roman Empire and then surviving on as an Italian city state. Because of it's age, a number of architects and engineers have made their way there to renovate buildings and keep the city from falling apart at it's seams.

Assassins: Unfortunately, the tomb of Wei Yu, a Master Assassin, is hidden inside of the city. This location is sacred to us - it's a reminder of the past and what we have accomplished and if it were to be uncovered, then it would cause a number of problems for us. We must send someone to ensure that it is kept hidden.

Borgia: Reports from our own engineers suggest that there are a number of hidden spaces beneath the streets of San Gimignano. From what we recovered during an interrogation, one such space is supposedly an "Assassin's Tomb", where one of their more infamous members rests. The people should know who's buried beneath their streets, and why it's trying to be kept secret. Sending our men to go uncover the tomb would be quite beneficial.
    • Assassins:5 votes worth
    • Borgia:5 votes worth

Chance Events
    Spoiler
    Show

Collected Curios and Assorted Antiques
    Spoiler
    Show

Flavor Text:
    Neutral: One of Rome's Bazaars in the outer districts is playing host to a traveling merchant, offering a chance to barter and buy items and goods.
    Possible Outcomes:
    • Players may exchange an item for another, random item. Certain items, like the Auditore Cape or Papal Seals, cannot be traded.
    • Players may attempt to Rob the Merchant. Doing so has a chance of the player getting arrested, higher if not a thief. If successful, they gain an item at random without having to trade one in.

Pipe Dreams
    Spoiler
    Show

Flavor Text:
    Neutral: The sewers and aqueducts of Rome have fallen into disrepair, spreading some disease amongst the population. For some, a pestilence forces them to stay in bed.
    Possible Outcomes:
    • Anyone without Medicine has a chance of becoming [Sick], which cancels their point for today. Using Medicine will cure [Sick], and if untreated, the player will be cured after a good night's rest.
    • Night actions taken while [Sick] have a chance to fail.

The Velvet Toga
    Spoiler
    Show

Flavor Text:
    Neutral: Word has it that there have been a number of scavengers out looking for ancient Roman relics in the catacombs of Rome. One such artifact is the Armor of Brutus, the suit of armor that was worn by the infamous figure during the assassination of Caesar.
    Possible Outcomes:
    • Anyone who goes out searching for relics forfeits their point for the day, but has a chance to win the Armor of Brutus.
    • Florins can be won from this event (2d4) from artifacts and curios sold on the market.

Additional Effects: Anyone who goes out searching may not return for a period of time, due to getting lost in the catacombs. This has an unknown effect, but during the time lost they cannot be targeted by night or day actions and may pop back up into normal gameplay during any phase.

High Stakes
    Spoiler
    Show

Flavor Text:
    Neutral: A troupe of gypsies have set up camp at the gates, hosting an impromptu festival complete with performers, shops, and most importantly, gambling. A large number flock to the tents, eager to wager and hope that fortune smiles upon them.
    Possible Outcomes:
    • Players may chose to gamble this phase without sacrificing their normal vote. By gambling, they have a chance to take a risk with a variable chance of success. A player is always gambling against the house - Player vs Player gambling is allowed but isn't covered by the Narrators; if players need a mediator however, Narrators can assist.
    • Players may wager a variety of things if they chose to gamble.
      • Items: Items are worth their value in Florins. If the player wins, they receive that amount of Florins, but if they fail they lose their collateral.
      • Florins: Players receive twice as much as whatever they've wagered if they win, but lose it all if they fail.
      • Actions: A player may put up one of their actions, if they chose to - Success means they can perform that action twice in a single night, while failure prevents them from taking that action the next time it can be used.
    • A player can also attempt to cheat - loaded dice, sleight of hand, or a two man con can all help you improve your chances, albeit illegally. If you cheat, you have an increased chance to win, but if you fail you will be penalized; cheaters are imprisoned for a day and may not take any actions till a full day-night cycle has passed.

Last edited by Korias; 2011-01-10 at 09:50 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441

Quote Originally Posted by Korias View Post
    So, this is the final iteration of the Assassin's Creed WW Rules. I'd love some feedback, simply because there are so many power roles: 24 Non-Villager roles to be precise.

WW: Assassin's Creed Revised Rules

Spoiler
    Show

Snippity Snip
    Wow. That looks like a very well thought out game. I especially like some of the items and events. I would definitly enlist to play this

Reading through, all the roles seem balanced as well, which is a definite plus.
    Last edited by GrlumpTheElder; 2011-01-11 at 12:01 PM.
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Please can we have just two more players for MtG: Conflux? Two more, and Sanity can get the game going.

He is a good narrator, I promise.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Recruitment for witchunt 3 has begun.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Pixie in the Playground

I am still looking for a co-narrator for my game 'Shape-shifters' starting on the 24th. Please apply in-thread or send me a PM if you have any interest! (And for those of you who don't want to co-narrate, join!)
    Last edited by Duneyrr; 2011-01-12 at 11:56 AM.

25. - Top - End - #445

Oh hey, Journeys on the TARDIS 3 started. Game is up and running, but I figured posting here so that everyone KNOWS that it's on can get in and start making messy bandwagons.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

I'll be off for the weekend, possibly lacking an internet connection. Avoid autolynching me, please. I have a whole two minutes' warning so I don't have time to cp this into all the threads - notify the narrators if they miss this please.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Dwarf in the Playground

-pokes head in- Excuse me, but I just remembered a motivational poster that you're missing from the Player Inspired Posters section. It's somewhere in the Mad Science! WW. It was made after the Bushranger accidently admitted to being the seer and got night-killed about three posts later. It says "SEERS: Be less obvious...".
    Spoiler
    Show

VJ: Dr. Bath

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I have to say I wish to make love to your no saying the horrible pluralization of ninja rule.

I'm not a girl, and I'm not a boy. I'm an androgyne, so please don't call me "him" or "her" - call me "zi" instead if you can. If you've got a problem with this, then don't both flaming, I'll just ignore you.

28. - Top - End - #448

Quote Originally Posted by V Junior View Post
    -pokes head in- Excuse me, but I just remembered a motivational poster that you're missing from the Player Inspired Posters section. It's somewhere in the Mad Science! WW. It was made after the Bushranger accidently admitted to being the seer and got night-killed about three posts later. It says "SEERS: Be less obvious...".
    It would be good to give us the link. Like that:

Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Dwarf in the Playground

ZP that's hilarious!!!

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

Poor BR.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody