New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    How about all Masons are Beasts?

Also....Jirry....go join my VTM game...or I'll polymorph you!...into...a thing.
    When is it sceduled to start, cause more people are joining Spy Wars now, and I don't know how much time it will take to run. Plus I am still in Mafia. And begining of next semester is coming up. Friday is the last day of this semester. Then there is the matter of applying for finnancial aid for college, which a lot of stuff is getting close to a deadline. If it were to start in, say, 2 weeks, maybe. Although, as i mentioned, Spy Wars may also take some time.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by 101jir View Post
    When is it scheduled to start, cause more people are joining Spy Wars now, and I don't know how much time it will take to run. Plus I am still in Mafia. And beginning of next semester is coming up. Friday is the last day of this semester. Then there is the matter of applying for financial aid for college, which a lot of stuff is getting close to a deadline. If it were to start in, say, 2 weeks, maybe. Although, as i mentioned, Spy Wars may also take some time.
    It's late by a few days. I really want to get people together to do it...

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    How about all Masons are Beasts?

Also....Jirry....go join my VTM game...or I'll polymorph you!...into...a thing.
    The problem with all masons = beasts is this:
    Usually the number of masons is equal or nearly equal to the number of werewolves. So the masons could easily set up a near total wolf team kill by "accidentally" leaking their identities so the wolves would try to take them down. And if the wolves don't try to take them down, they get a free safe network.

In short, it makes the masons way too powerful - either they're an untouchable safe group, or they're an explosives squad that's going to wipe out the wolf population in order to keep from becoming an untouchable safe group.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    The problem with all masons = beasts is this:
    Usually the number of masons is equal or nearly equal to the number of werewolves.
    I'll cite WW:Classic VI here again, where the mason:wolf ratio was 1:2.4 and it worked really well. In fact, much better than in the games where the ratio is 1:1, at least in my experience.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I'll cite WW:Classic VI here again, where the mason:wolf ratio was 1:2.4 and it worked really well. In fact, much better than in the games where the ratio is 1:1, at least in my experience.
    One may similarly cite Classics XI and XII.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't think I played those, so I really can't.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

I played both of those, so I can.

I'll think about trying that ratio in my next Assassins game.

Can I have the 13th of March, please.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-01-21 at 09:02 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #518

YES!

*fistpump*

I love Lex's assassin games.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

Yay!! At least one player liked them.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

Yay, Assassins! Those games were awesome. Ranked almost right up there with Banjo's games for me.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Pixie in the Playground

So, my game Shape-shifters starts on Monday and if we get some more people I think the game will be much more interesting. So far, with only 3 baddies, it will be a pretty standard game; once we get 18 players the game gets much more interesting. Meta-gaming should abound and is very much encouraged, but traditional players should have fun as well (I hope )!

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    So, my game Shape-shifters starts on Monday and if we get some more people I think the game will be much more interesting. So far, with only 3 baddies, it will be a pretty standard game; once we get 18 players the game gets much more interesting. Meta-gaming should abound and is very much encouraged, but traditional players should have fun as well (I hope )!
    I'm glad I joined this game. It sounds like it'll be fun. I hope others will join as well.

This promotion is endoresed by Lex-kat. No pixies were injured or in any other way made to feel uncomfortable, in the making of this promotion. The sole pixie in question is a member of the Pixies Guild of Werewolf Playing Pixies International, and is not an actress. No, they do not do well in making acronyms. Don't ask them to.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

Will someone please review my game idea? I promise that you'll either be something interesting or not be something interesting if you do!
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

14. - Top - End - #524

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I don't think I played those, so I really can't.
    I played one and narrated the other, so I can.
    Basically, XI had a similar ratio to VI, which some people thought was too many wolves. But, queue comparison:

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Look at the last 5 Classic games before this one before saying that this game was unbalanced and favouring the wolves. If anything, DM77 made this game a contest rather than a simple game of Can the wolves find the seer?

WW VI: 44 players, 11 wolves, 1 devil, 5 masons: comfortable villager victory (seer survived until near the end)
    WW VII: 52 players, 8 wolves, 1 devil, 8 masons: comfortable villager victory (seer survived to the end, 3 autolynched)
    WW VIII: 43 players, 7 wolves, 1 devil, 4 masons: wolf wins with 3 left (seer killed day 4, 6 autolynched)
    WW IX: 47 players, 8 wolves, 1 devil, 8 masons: comfortable villager victory (seer survived until end, 5 autolynched)
    WW X: 45 players, 8 wolves, 1 devil, 6 masons: villager victory by a landslide (seer survived until near the end, 5 autolynched)

As you can see, VI had almost as many wolves and as few masons and yet the result was completely different from this one. It wasn't even the seer that won that game for us, all it took was some great work from Freshmeat and Alarra.
    Which is why I then used a similar, though not quite the same, ratio for XII.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Can I have the 13th of March, please.
    I assume you mean the 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Yay!! At least one player liked them.
    I'm pretty sure a lot of people liked them. If you recall, that's why we were all up in arms when you said you weren't going to do another one.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

Oh. Caught fishing for compliments. How embarrassing.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-01-22 at 01:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #526

Currently moving back into college. Posting will be intermittent at best.

And now I've moved back in. Sure, I'm missing my monitor stand and have the monitor itself propped up on my old text books, but it's all good.
    Last edited by Korias; 2011-01-23 at 10:14 AM.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post
    Will someone please review my game idea? I promise that you'll either be something interesting or not be something interesting if you do!
    I'm not sure I 100% understand it. But then I usually don't with the more complex ones until I'm playing them.

It's interesting how you've given most roles a failure chance. Trust will be very hard to come by in this game

18. - Top - End - #528
    Pixie in the Playground

Alright folks, it's the last day to sign up for Shape-shifters! Recruitment ends at 5:00 GMT Monday morning, (That's only 12 hours!) so sign up if your interested! The ideal game size is either 18, 22 or 27 people, so there is still plenty of room for more!
    Last edited by Duneyrr; 2011-01-23 at 12:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #529

Presenting, The Gamers, Dorkness Rising Werewolf!

Yes, the campaign is being tried again. After failing to defeat Mort Kemnon during the last game, there's new players ready to give it try.

Roles

Good guys
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brother Silence: A most stubborn monk, who is not an elf. Voider

Sir Orsic: The most noble paladin of the Grand Illuminated Holy Order of Therin. Baner

Daphne: A fighter who's highest stat is her integence, with her other bonuses in dexterity and ◦Charisma. Seer

Luster: A wildmage, who is a sorceress. Likes using Flaming Hand of Firey Doom on NPCs. Sniper

Flynn: A bard who keeps dying. Villager, with one exception. The original Flynn has a one time bane for each five other Flynns dead.

Bad Guys
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mort Kemnon: An evil necromancer who has discovered an evil artifact, the mask of death. Alpha, and will only stay down when only one other villian is left, or hit by Luster's snipe. Picks team.

Mort Agrippa: A lesser necromancer who governs a town for Mort Kemnon. Devil.

Drazuul: A death demon, very dangerous. Beast

Zombies: The undead. Wolves.

Signing up for Feb 28.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Matt K
    Guest in the Playground

Probably should have posted this a few days earlier but birthday weekend stuff, I'll be able to check back in tomorrow afternoon (ie in about 16 hours).

And now I'm back with a bunch of reading to do.
    Last edited by Matt K; 2011-01-24 at 01:02 PM.

21. - Top - End - #531

I have submitted My Gnomish Plot Werewolf topic.

Recruitment Starts when it is up. Have tried to balance the sides more and may have some secret roles to spice it up :D

Thread is here:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184646
    Last edited by GrlumpTheElder; 2011-01-24 at 07:16 AM.
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

Thufir, I think you missed my request for the 14th of February.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post

Yes, the campaign is being tried again. After failing to defeat Mort Kemnon during the last game, there's new players ready to give it try.

Roles

Good guys
    Spoiler
    Show

Sir Orsic: The most noble paladin of the Grand Illuminated Holy Order of Therin. Baner

Daphne: A fighter who's highest stat is her integence, with her other bonuses in dexterity and ◦Charisma. Seer

Luster: A wildmage, who is a sorceress. Likes using Flaming Hand of Firey Doom on NPCs. Sniper

Flynn: A bard who keeps dying. Villager, with one exception. The original Flynn has a one time bane for each five other Flynns dead.

Bad Guys
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mort Kemnon: An evil necromancer who has discovered an evil artifact, the mask of death. Alpha, and will only stay down when only one other villian is left, or hit by Luster's snipe. Picks team.

Signing up for Feb 28.
    Goddarnit, I NEED to play this. Damn you!
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

24. - Top - End - #534

Thank you.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

When I first saw the name, I thought it had something to do with Kovalic's Dork Tower. I was mildly dissapointed to see I was wrong.

Now that I think, that might be an interesting game. Any ideas how roles would be placed? Matt and company being a villagers, but who would be wolves?

Or, Matt and company could be wolves and everybody else(aka, the normal folks of Mud Bay) would be villagers. The wolves would be working on making the normal folk as geeky as possible.

Basically, your regular Classic game, with more humorous(and geeky) feel.

26. - Top - End - #536

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post

Roles

Good guys
    Spoiler
    Show

Bad Guys
    Spoiler
    Show

Signing up for Feb 28.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait
    Also....Jirry....go join my VTM game...
    Wow, my schedule cleared up, a little, so I was going to post that I might join a game, but with Spy Wars, maybe just one. I think I could join two, if I balanced my time well. I still have some financial aid to go through, so I don't know. I think I will give both a try under one condition: Tialait and phantom join Spy Wars. Deal?
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

27. - Top - End - #537

Okay then.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can I reserve a slot for March 7th please.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

29. - Top - End - #539

OK, and I'm claiming the Feb 7 spot for myself. I swear I'll come up with the rules in time this time.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

30. - Top - End - #540
    Dwarf in the Playground

Less than a week until Breaking the 4th Wall begins.

Plenty more room so I want to see everyone i've ever accused, pointed at or PM'd sign up
    Last edited by Qwaz; 2011-01-26 at 06:52 AM.