New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play GenGame II: [Message redacted enjoy GenCola]

Suggests that it might be more fun if people actually left some way of getting at the text they edited for [enjoy Gencola] stuff- because most of us can't be there at the precise time you post it to know what's being covered over (maybe place the unedited text in spoiler tags?)
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

Why does everyone hate Gencorp? Its as good company as any.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously, its really annoying how often people are making posts just to have stuff redacted. It makes sense with illegal hacks, but not every post has to be edited.
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground

You mean there actually was anything before the redaction in some of these posts? That would kinda go against the joke, methinks.

(Alternatively just do it like licoot and strike the redacted stuff out if need be.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2011-02-15 at 06:42 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

I personally love Gencorp. best/ ONLY megacorporation we have ever had. [...ENJOY GENCOLA!]
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show

This is in spoilers because it's Out of Character, or whatever.
    Concerning the Message Redacted thing. It works in moderation, the occasional bit of post here or there. Stuff where you can figure out the "Uncensored" message through context, and understand why GenCo would want to censor it. If you can't figure out what is being censored through context, then it should be because it's a specific detail that is unimportant.
    When used like that, it's a fun little joke that helps make this thread unique.
    However, when we get posts that have been fake-censored into meaninglessness, then it just gets annoying.
    Don't make a post just so you can redact them. Actually try to contribute to the (Fake) discussion.
    That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

> MG: Open the door and jump. This distraction will likely take far too long.

You throw open the door and nearly rush into a storage closet. Lousy storage spaces, always getting in your way!

Though, now that you think about it, this train is currently traveling underwater, and you would have drowned yourself and everyone in it if the door had lead outside.

What were you thinking? Jumping out of a moving train sounds like something BH would do; you know better than that.

> MG: Cautiously peek at off screen location. You’re not getting distracted. You are just focusing on something else.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2011-02-15 at 07:52 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

> MG: Cautiously peek at off screen location. You’re not getting distracted. You are just focusing on something else.

That’s right! You can just look at what’s going on without getting involved. After all, nothing worthwhile happens on the trains. Your GUIDES say so. It’s probably just a random scripted event that’s included for immersive reasons. The GUIDES didn’t mention it because it’s not worth mentioning. Yes, this must be something inconsequential that you will be able to completely ignore.

Hmmm...

The sound appears to have come from the next car. Let’s hope it was some PRETENTIOUS ART breaking.

> MG: There is a BOX. As an adventurer, you are OBLIGED to LOOT it!
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2011-02-18 at 03:40 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

> Remember how your luck has been recently. What with your Mechanofortress glitching, one of your teammates vanishing into nowhere, those weird bugs showing up, CC#2, ect. With that in mind, prepare yourself for the worst.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

I honestly was not aware she was on the train. thought she was waiting for one XD

>MG: Attempt to fix some of those glitches
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #460

>MG: Go IMMERSIFY self in IMMERSION.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    I honestly was not aware she was on the train. thought she was waiting for one XD
    Same here, it looked more like the interior of a station waiting room than a train... (I've never yet come across a train with a vending machine on board)

Though, in retrospect, the art makes a little more sense now that I know what I'm looking at...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

12. - Top - End - #462

MG: Use mole rat as battering ram and burst dramatically into next cart
    Last edited by licoot; 2011-02-16 at 06:22 PM.
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome SpyFox Doll by Recaiden
    Epic Avvie by Domochevsky
    Everything Else by Me

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

MG: Repair a single driving car of the train, looting the rest for scrap- Proceed on to victory.
    Part of YugiohITP

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    This. Loot the fragile box!
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

>CC#001: Murder a moleRat
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467

Anybody else worried about the glits (glitches for the newbs)? I once had a bad case of the glits when I installed a new copy of Brainless Borgs. My Hyborg was completely locked out of the mutant section, and random sections of the map kept deteriorating. I upgraded by Hyborg's eye with Vision Voracious Visibility (Yes I know its a bad upgrade, but I was interested in trying out all features at the time to check for combos and such) and saw a massive doorway behind a glitch. I plasma-blasted the glitch and the door shattered open. Behind it was a glitchy Laviel, which killed my under-leveled Hyborg.

The good news was that during the short fight, I managed to grab a Glitched Laviel Limb (The Description calls it says N0r+g|b). I reported it to Gengame, and they let me keep it after the patch. I moved it to my Main and its my pride and joy.

If, you are wondering, N0r+g|b attacks twice as often as a normal Laviel Limb, and has a Slow effect on hit. It's a bit weaker though.

Oh, back to the point.

MG: Stay Away from Glits and their Over-Leveled Monsters of Glitchyness.
    Last edited by HypoSoc; 2011-02-16 at 06:39 PM.
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Apparently, if you do find some, you can meet the Intrepid Investigator's unlock condition and unlock the Genre.
    Actually, it's a bit worse than that. See, right before they dummied out the C&C content, they went through this phase were your actions could still influence the random unlocks (hence those weird superstitions they've still got floating around out there). Thing is, the code directly governing new grid unlocks never changed: They just moved around when it gets called. They still used the same system, they just basically gave every genre an unlock condition of "if a weighted random choice picks this genre." When they went to the fully random system, they just gave every genre (except dummied ones) exactly one unlock point whenever they needed to unlock something new.

Unlock points used to be in the hundreds or so, if you were just incidentally playing in line with that genre. For a genre you were actively trying to unlock, you could easily have a thousand or more points.

You see where this is going. In short, if you follow one of the strategies to take Sanity damage, you will unlock Intrepid Investigator on your next level up. Thanks to some weird bug involving the bonus genre code, you also get two bonus genres next time you would earn one, so it's effectively free.

Actually taking Sanity damage is pretty easy if you know how, incidentally. There are a few worlds where you can still glitch into rooms with dummied out C&C monsters. I can't actually say which ones, of course, since mentioning those locations along with, say, "Sanity" or "C&C" is a great way to bring down those damned "spontaneous praises of our glorious benefactors."

And why would it not be? Everything is a reason to praise our glorious benefactors. What I have posted is quite silly. It is so silly that I will now voluntarily terminate my GenAccount. If you, for some reason, still wish to hear more about my shameful attempts to slander beautiful GenCorp, please send an email to my new account at [email protected].
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    And why would it not be? Everything is a reason to praise our glorious benefactors. What I have posted is quite silly. It is so silly that I will now voluntarily terminate my GenAccount. If you, for some reason, still wish to hear more about my shameful attempts to slander beautiful GenCorp, please send an email to my new account at [email protected].

I think "Soylent Gencola" is about to get a new flavour.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2011-02-17 at 10:43 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

>MG - Steal the Rat's HARDHAT. It will come in handy for a minion later.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Banned

I've been on a train with vending machines. Also, an arcade. It only took tokens and had a broken token machine though.

>MG: head OFFSCREEN LEFT to the ARCADE to enjoy such classic favorites as PACGEN and MRS. PACGEN, or GENTIPEDE. Also, become IRRITATED at random GENSERTIONS into mundane words.

We can throw annoyance after annoyance into her path, go for mD scientist, then deck out the CC's with an Angry Arsenal. I personally want to see a Snark-with-lazerbeams-on-it's-head gun. Ive heard about em but ne'er seen one.

I am also confused as to how sanity does or does not work. I think I should probably go back through all those guides you guys have been linking- I obviously need to up my game plan if I'm going to stop playing single player and shuck the training wheels, as it were.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

MG: Check Mole Rat for SPECIAL TRAIT

Hopefully we've got one with the Neuratic trait, which would give us a decent combat capability for a minion despite his subpar class. I'm fairly certain the only trait that fits Caddybear is the Bearometer trait, which forces him to be prepared for all situations- especially weather conditions- before they actually come into effect, though we'll know if that's the case just before the weather changes, because his outfit will change into appropriate weather-proofing for the new weather.

On the subject of BH's subpar genre, to be honest the only viable choice to get out of that is a forced reincarnation, which can be achieved by facing off against monsters with high level magic- though it does involve getting lucky with the spells they use on you. The good news is, however, that if BH is hit by a forced reincarnation, there is little or no chance of his character build becoming any worse than it already is because, as they say, when you're at the bottom of a deep pit, the only way to go is up.

As this user put it:
    Quote Originally Posted by redacted user #798423
    Subpar choices can happen to anyone who doesn't pay scrupulous attention to the guides- in fact they can also happen by paying perfect attention to Message redacted: Buy GenGuides for the definitive solution to all your GenGame problems. The simplest and most likely solution to this problem is a forced reincarnation spell, the most common of which will replace a single choice made by the random mechanics of the game. Please be careful to avoid the higher level forced reincarnation spells as used by such opponents as the Greater Tentacle Summoner, which can change a whole host of variables in a single spell, most often reincarnating the target as an evil Tentacle monster (usually between 9th and 15th level) with an aura that saps the health of the rest of the party and some random NPC's. There may be a few others to avoid, but mention of those is likely to get squelched by the GenMods, so be careful.

*snipped GenCola Advertising Banner*
    Part of YugiohITP

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hey, Bearometer would be useful if we make Caddybear a Green Bearet.
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Hey, Bearometer would be useful if we make Caddybear a Green Bearet.
    Yes indeed, especially considering that the motto of the Green Bearet's is "Be Prebeared for anything."
    Part of YugiohITP

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Yes indeed, especially considering that the motto of the Green Bearet's is "Be Prebeared for anything."
    Hrmm, say, who here is familiar with the Legendary Lieutenants from Heroes and Harlequins. The only guides I can find about them are either deleted or Gensored (Get it, Gen+Censored) into meaninglessness.
    Aanyway, once I was part of a Madcrafter-Biomancer-Machinist team (This was right after Dr Wutson published his Minion Combo guide). This should give you an idea of the types of minions we were throwing out there.
    We had one two games with the same tricks. In the third game however our troops got torn apart by a Legendary Lieutenant that combined the traits of both Green Bearets and Bearserkers. You've probably heard similar stories. Legendary Lieutenants are famously hard to get, but devastating if you can pull them off.
    I think we might want to try to pull that off. I think we can create
    Rambear.
    Last edited by BRC; 2011-02-18 at 11:50 AM.
    [/Center]

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

What? No! You mean... no.

You’re not an ADVENTURESS, you’re a GAMING GODDESS. In fact, you’d go so far as to declare yourself a MECHA GODDESS. You certainly don’t see the need to waste your time scrounging around for every scrap that might be a little bit useful in the future. Not when you have your CONFIDENCE and MAD SKILLS at your disposal.

> MG: Go IMMERSIFY self in IMMERSION.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2011-02-18 at 03:41 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

> MG: Go IMMERSIFY self in IMMERSION.

You don't care about anything other than WINNING, but you decide to get away from... you mean IMMERSIFY yourself anyway. For NO REASON AT ALL.

> ==>
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2011-02-18 at 03:42 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

> ==>

Hmm... Nothing interesting here. Maybe the IMMERSION is in the next car. You hope you recognize it when you see it.

> MG: Take the dead rat's hat and wear it. It's the coolest hat you've ever seen.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2011-02-19 at 05:06 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

>MG: Move along! Nothing to see here!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

> A CRIME! Investigate to kill time until the train reaches Castle Bane and gain additional EXPERIENCE.
    [/Center]