New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Okay, cool. I may make another character too. I just have to decide if I really want to use this character.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

2. - Top - End - #92

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Mumm-Ra, The Ever Living
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Mumm-Ra is a ruler of one of the smaller nations, with his own dreams of world conquest. His power is granted to him by the Ancient Spirits of Evil. He commands the mutants, the Lunatacs, and the berserkers.

+ Has powerful evil magic
    + Lives in a heavily booby trapped pyramid
    - Must constantly return to his pyramid to rest and regain strength
    - Is horrified of his own reflection

I just had to.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Incidentally, one thing I forgot to mention in the sheet: if I go mid-way through Book 13, the Band has cannons. Yea or nay?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

...why did the tag change to "FL" from "Lynch"?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-11-06 at 09:58 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    ...why did the tag change to "FL" from "Lynch"?
    "FL" Fantasy Lynching.
    Not sure why, but I know the acronym.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Because it was too long.

I'll allow evil sorcerer, though I pity him in a world with Conan.

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Incidentally, one thing I forgot to mention in the sheet: if I go mid-way through Book 13, the Band has cannons. Yea or nay?
    I'd rather avoid gunpowder, lest characters start inventing machineguns and dynamite with descriptions of the process copped from Wikipedia. I'm trying to avoid that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-11-06 at 10:10 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. In that case, he doesn't have any made yet.

...to be honest, I wouldn't do that anyway, but your call.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #98

Whatdya think of Mumm-Ra?

Also, after two whole months, Monty Python and the Holy Grail finally downloaded on my iPod.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sure you wouldn't, and if you think they are intrinsic to the character then I'm fine with it. But let's say someone gets you with a flanking action, then reverse engineer them. Fine. But before long, everyone has canons one way or another, and from there I have to count on everyone valuing story over unfair game advantage.

As for the Mummy, I'm quite happy with him. Those sort of characters give plenty of opportunity for fun, though I imagine he'll be in trouble quickly, what with Draxx's choice of characters.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-11-06 at 10:14 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Good point. And at the beginning of Book 13, he knows how to make them, but doesn't have any anyway. So, he won't here.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

He still has fireworks, though. Lots of fireworks. Not as powerful, but unexpected.

Heh. And Colesign laughs at the idea of cannons. He has catapults.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    I'm sure you wouldn't, and if you think they are intrinsic to the character then I'm fine with it. But let's say someone gets you with a flanking action, then reverse engineer them. Fine. But before long, everyone has canons one way or another, and from there I have to count on everyone valuing story over unfair game advantage.

As for the Mummy, I'm quite happy with him. Those sort of characters give plenty of opportunity for fun, though I imagine he'll be in trouble quickly, what with Draxx's choice of characters.
    Point taken. This is my first game of this kind before, so I'm new. I hope it all goes well.

So let's see, I have characters loyal to Randland, and a character who heads his own land...

Someone should totally make the Lunatacs or the Thundercats.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

It's not quite the Lunatacs or the Thundercats, but:

Lord Angmar of the Nine
    + Is immortal, or close enough. Only can be killed in very specific circumstances, and can only be wounded by magic weapons. Normal weapons can't touch his body. And even then, he isn't going to be easy to kill. Also, ALL swords that strike him perish, so don't use your precious artifact blade for that duty.
    + Master swordsman. He also has a range of useful armaments, such as a Morghul blade, very fast black horses bred in Rohan, and Felbeasts. He's lived a long time, and is almost unmatched on the field of combat.
    + A Palantir, which can be used to see whatever he wants. However, he has to know what he's looking for. If he chooses, he can torture you with black magic over the palantir where he to speak to you.
    + Magic powers, he was a master sorcerer before he entered Sauron's thrall. He shattered the gates of Minus Tirith with dark magic, and was able to face down Gandalf. About equal to Gandalf in a face off, going by the book, when within the shadow of his master. A bit stronger if you follow the movie.
    + His very presence causes terror, sapping strength and spreading shadow, bringing darkness if you will, and enough of it can reduce men to a shadow of their former selves.
    + His cry makes even brave heroes throw themselves off towers into moats rather then face him. As this includes heroes such as Faramir and Borimir, and only doesn't affect people who are standing next to Gandalf, this can be seen as pretty much universal effect, irrespective of courage or personal power. It even works on Elflords and the like.
    + Can enslave you to his will. This, unlike his other powers, can be resisted by a man of sufficient moral fiber.
    - Speaks in ye olde English. "Thoust hadst best reminice apon it!"
    - Is limited by how much he can do the further he moves from Sauron.
    - Prophecy loophole. You know the one.

Also has eight other Nazgul of similar power, though less talent in black sorcery, working with him.
    Last edited by Corvond; 2010-11-06 at 10:34 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Point taken. This is my first game of this kind before, so I'm new. I hope it all goes well.
    Only rule is to make sure you have fun, and try to make sure everyone else does as well. So you'll do fine.

Angmar is approved, of course. I don't think I could do anything else, given the picture.

And are you going to bring the Seachan in as well? Because I can see her wanting to play sides against each other to make room for invasion...

Also, not as tired as I thought. Look for beginning in a few days.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-11-06 at 11:05 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

I'm still trying to come up with something, but I just wanted to post to say this to karusk.

That. Is the most metal Lord of the Rings picture ever!!!
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

16. - Top - End - #106

Okay. I want to make a suggestion-Soth and the Witch-King are going to have to duel sometime down the road. Please. It has to happen.
    <.<
    >.>
    No, not just because of a Versus thread I set up with that exact topic a year or two ago that eventually decided the fight would go on for eternity, the world aging around them as they fought, neither capable of tiring or slaying the other.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

That's up to you two, but I'll help set it up.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Just checking the boxes for what Allecia's titles are. Most of them are the Champion's.

Spoiler
    Show

Lady Allecia of Ehothorn, Wizard of the Arcane University. Consort to the Lord Verona, Knight-Brother of the Blades, Grand Champion of the Arena, Knight of the White Stallion, Knight of the Thorn, Brother Superior of the Order of the Virtuous Blood, Champion of the Fighter's Guild, Archmage of the Arcane University, Madgod in the Court of Madness, Lord Sheogorath of the Shivering Isles, Divine Crusader of the Knights of the Nine, Lord of Verona Bay, The Hero of Kvatch, Grand Master of the Night Hunters, Member of the Order of the Dragon, and Champion of Cyrodiil.

Note that the Champion has earned each and every one of those titles. He inherited exactly...none of them.

As for the Witch-King...the Dragon has a handy tool against him. Rhymes with salefire. Or I have Pellew fight him.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-11-07 at 12:41 AM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

I'VE GOT IT I'VE GOT IT!!!!

How would you feel about the main character from Shadow of the Colossus being in this game?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Never played that, I'm afraid. Tell me a little...
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Never played that, I'm afraid. Tell me a little...
    Alright, I'll put it in spoilers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow of the Colossus is a game where you play a man trying to find a way to ressurect a princess. A being called Dormin promises to ressurect her, but only on the condition of the man going out and killing 16 Colossi, often gigantic beings made of stone, rock, and metal.

The man, named Wander, goes around and tries to find a way to defeat these creatures one by one. As he does so, the "essence" of the Colossi gets infused within him, making him stronger and possessing greater stamina, but at the same time making him more monstrous in appearance.

Also, I actually have a character that might be familiar, finally.

Smaug the Golden, the Magnificant
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    or
    Spoiler
    Show
    or even
    Spoiler
    Show

+Millenia old
    +Has incredibly powerful claws and jaws, and an incredibly destructive tail
    +Intelligent and cunning
    +Has an acute sense of smell, and can sleep with one eye open.
    +Can breath fire. That's always nice.
    +Can put a person under a "dragon-spell" with a look. This compels the affected to obey the dragon.
    +Due to his cunning, his dry, cruel humor, and possibly even his very nature as a dragon, he can plant mistrust in a person's mind.
    +Possesses untold fortunes in the form of riches gathered from his conquests: jewels, gold, magical items, and most famously The Arkenstone, a jewel of unparalleled beauty. He knows every single item in his possesion.
    +/-Has nigh-impenetrable scales due to his nature as a dragon. Also, due to centuries, if not millenia, of having slept on a hoard of treasures, his underbelly has gemstones encrusted into it, providing armor for him. However, there is a spot on his left breast that is left completely exposed.
    -Has a weakness for riddles. He loves to waste time solving them, and it also is a way to work around his spell.
    -Despite possessing untold fortune, he doesn't spend a single cent of it due to his nature as a hoarder.
    -A bit wary lately. Smaug tends to spend his time amidst his hoard, often only coming out to hunt.
    -If even an inconsequential item is stolen from his hoard, he flies into a frightening rage, and won't rest until he kills the thief in question, as well as his companions.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-11-07 at 01:18 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by karusk View Post
    It's not quite the Lunatacs or the Thundercats, but:
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Angmar of the Nine
    + Is immortal, or close enough. Only can be killed in very specific circumstances, and can only be wounded by magic weapons. Normal weapons can't touch his body. And even then, he isn't going to be easy to kill. Also, ALL swords that strike him perish, so don't use your precious artifact blade for that duty.
    + Master swordsman. He also has a range of useful armaments, such as a Morghul blade, very fast black horses bred in Rohan, and Felbeasts. He's lived a long time, and is almost unmatched on the field of combat.
    + A Palantir, which can be used to see whatever he wants. However, he has to know what he's looking for. If he chooses, he can torture you with black magic over the palantir where he to speak to you.
    + Magic powers, he was a master sorcerer before he entered Sauron's thrall. He shattered the gates of Minus Tirith with dark magic, and was able to face down Gandalf. About equal to Gandalf in a face off, going by the book, when within the shadow of his master. A bit stronger if you follow the movie.
    + His very presence causes terror, sapping strength and spreading shadow, bringing darkness if you will, and enough of it can reduce men to a shadow of their former selves.
    + His cry makes even brave heroes throw themselves off towers into moats rather then face him. As this includes heroes such as Faramir and Borimir, and only doesn't affect people who are standing next to Gandalf, this can be seen as pretty much universal effect, irrespective of courage or personal power. It even works on Elflords and the like.
    + Can enslave you to his will. This, unlike his other powers, can be resisted by a man of sufficient moral fiber.
    - Speaks in ye olde English. "Thoust hadst best reminice apon it!"
    - Is limited by how much he can do the further he moves from Sauron.
    - Prophecy loophole. You know the one.

Also has eight other Nazgul of similar power, though less talent in black sorcery, working with him.
    By not quite I am assuming you mean not at all.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

I find this hilarious. Since you're including one of my favorite characters in here, then it's also vaguely appropriate.

Spoiler
    Show

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

I laughed.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #115

As did I.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

Rataro
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

He is a mutant war general under Mumm-Ra.

+ Possesses twin kris daggers which have mystical powers
    + Superior tactical knowledge
    + Good close combat fighting skills
    - He isn't in the bet shape, so he gets tired out quickly, also he is fat

That is my last character. Probably.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    That is my last character. Probably.
    You get him with Mumm-Ra automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Also, I actually have a character that might be familiar, finally.
    Actually, Shadow of the Collosus is, someone played the Dormin in an earlier game. He's approved, but play him like a character, not like a video game character.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-11-07 at 04:12 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #118

You get him with Mumm-Ra automatically.

Actually, Shadow of the Collosus is, someone played the Dormin in an earlier game. He's approved, but play him like a character, not like a video game character.
    Can he have the Rat Star too? It is Rataro's interstellar flagship. Or is that too high tech?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

Huh...alrighty...

I'm guessing that Smaug is approved? Or is he still under the approving process?

Here is Wander's character sheet.

Wander
    Spoiler
    Show

+Possesses an unnamed sword that has the ability to point out the location of the Colossi when held up to the sun.
    +Has his faithful horse, Agro.
    +Possesses a bow and arrow, and has great skill with it, both on the ground and on horseback.
    +A great horseman, able to pull off tricks such as standing in the saddle at a full gallop, and hanging off the side while galloping to protect himself.
    +/-Very tenacious. When he sets his mind on something, he'll follow through with it no matter what.
    -Is terrible with the sword, his blows slow and clumsy.
    -Rather slight of build.

Not sure what his position would be with the Colossi, Mono, his tribe, the like. So...yeah. Up to you, Cracklord.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-11-07 at 05:01 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Rand Al'Thor: The Dragon Reborn
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

1. The Dragon Reborn: Prophesied to end the world and save it at the same time. Kings kneel at his feet. He is the Chief of Chiefs of the Aiel.
    2. The most powerful channeler alive. Unambiguously.
    3. Over 450 years of knowledge from his previous life: he knows practically everything about the One Power. His previous life, was, after all, the former leader of the Aes Sedai.
    4. The strongest ta'veren ever. The bizarre is commonplace for him. And he and he alone can actually reverse the Dark One's Taint upon the world in the area around him. Unconsciously.
    5. Master swordsman-blademaster. Wields a Power-forged blade.
    6. Self-control and self-acceptance. He knows what must be done, and accepts it. Calm and centered-Messiah-like.
    7. Callandor; currently the most powerful sa'angreal in existence.
    8. Bonded as a Warder to four women.
    9. Currently missing his main a gauche(left hand).

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2