New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Shades of Delusion: The Aftermath

"Well, um... How should I put it..." - the kobold said, while scratching the back of his head. He, obviously, was nervous, and it looked like the matter was indeed serious.

"You see, he's no ordinary cracker. Far not too ordinary. Looks like he's a vital piece in the plans of those "ruiners" and as such, the precautions have been taken."

The kobold took a moment to slowly his shades off, exposing his bright blue eyes before continuing: "If you destroy him now, he might be destroyed for some time. Not for long, however. He is bound to this world and will keep returning until his hunger is satisfied."

Somnium jumped off his chair and started walking back and forth from one side of the tent to the other, with his hands behind his back and finished: "However, we still have his shell now. Give me some more time, I think I might be able to figure something out to finish him for good."

As he finally finished speaking, the monstrumologist turned over to Domile, awaiting his decision.

TVT
    Spoiler
    Show

Bluff check with cunning insight, go! (1d20+29)[49]

D'aww, with that kind of check I kind of pity I didn't make it even more ridiculous.
    Last edited by Critical; 2011-02-03 at 09:57 AM.
    Awesome Bleachatar by Terry576.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Levethix the Dray Arcane Swordsage from the harsh world of Dark Sun.

Fallout bloody mess avatar by C-Lam.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Banned

Domile looks at the kobold incredulously, and there is a spark of almost respect in his eyes.

"You truly think you can, don't you. If you can, you will be honored for it. How much time will you need, and what if it awakes? He may destroy you before we can act." the Inquisitor says, the light of battle kindling in his eyes.

Somnium
    Spoiler
    Show
    Domile missed his Sense Motive check by 1. Rolled a 48. Domile also is suspicious of you, and so what you're saying would be in the realm of somewhat unbelievable for a +5 to his check, but I'm bowing to the Rule of Cool here. You just bluffed the unbluffable man. Performance of a life-time.

You may plant a Suggestion on Domile as per epic rules.

Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Domile's Sense Motive (1d20+34)[48]
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2011-02-03 at 02:21 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453

"Nah, no need to worry about me, boss. I'll need about an hour, if nothing new doesn't pop up. Now I'll ask the weak-stomached to leave, please." - the kobold responded, and turned back to fiddling with the Gobbler's body.

TVT
    Spoiler
    Show

Suggestion: Make someone else in charge of the Gobbler's body and go do something un-related to it.

Ow, and finally proceeding with the dissection.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

4. - Top - End - #454

After being expelled from the tent, Raynor took a seat on the beach watching the sea, back to the fabric of the tent, eyes closed contentedly as he listens to the words inside.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Banned

Somnium begins the operation and the smell that issues from within the cavities is enough to drive all out but Rose.

Even Griswald after half an hour steps outside to wipe tears from his burning eyes. The sun rises higher, but thunderclouds near on the horizon, while still not near land, though on their way, are enough to keep the sun from fully shining through.

Music, cheers and song can be heard echoing from the city, and it seems a lot of folk are having fun.

Finally Rose sticks her head out to snatch a few labored breaths before returning within.

It is slightly over an hour before Somnium emerges, his face still and grim, wiping water off his now cleaned scales.

Domile quickly approaches, "Were you able to cut his ties to the world so we can destroy him for good?"

Somnium
    Spoiler
    Show

The Results
    Type: Undead
    Physical Stats: Str 22, Con - (dead, dead, dead), Dex 12
    Attack: 6 claw attacks (it appears that the ribs have disengaged from the others, and musculature is slowly forming about them that would allow it to use them like pinchers)
    Special Qualities: Darkvision

The tail and lower body is gaining a snake or slug-like musculature, and it appears the creature will be capable of slithering and raising up upon it. Should be capable of moving at least as fast as a man.

It appears its neural structure is regrowing and thickening throughout the entire body in a way you've never seen. To what end however you cannot be certain. Much of where you cut appears to be regrowing and healing in different ways.

All in all it is fascinating watching the body renege against the ways of nature and turn death inside out.

Also, within his stomach cavity are the splintered bones of past meals... some of them human, and out of those most appear to be children's.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2011-02-04 at 02:19 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456

Tarō, though, had stayed behind. Like Griswald he had decided to stay there, just in case, loosing his blades in their scabbards but otherwise not moving or speaking. But unlike everyone else he doesn't budge an inch as the smells grows to horrible stenches. To back away would be to give in to weakness, to loose face. He would not.

Now, with the news given by the colourchanging kobold, he was glad he had done so. If the monstrosity returned, and to the big earth genasi that seemed likely to happen any minute, he would be ready to put the ruiner back down again. Still, he keeps silent. Waiting, biding. And listening.
    Last edited by Calenestel; 2011-02-05 at 02:45 AM.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" - Terry Pratchett

Big thanks to Savannah for the badass Papa Wolf avatar!

7. - Top - End - #457

Somnium shook his head in response: "Nope, still no dice. But he's regrowing rapidly, even in the places I've cut in. Best set more guard on him for the moment."

After the response, Somnium turned over to his tools and started washing and packing them.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

8. - Top - End - #458

As soon as the kobold explains that the abomination's organs and whatnots were regenerating to the others Tarō draws his swords, still staying in the tent, his eyes intent on the ruiner. For now he stays his blades, but even one twitch from the creature...
    The stench had been enough to almost make him succumb to weakness and leave, but now that was forgotten. Only his focus on the Gobbler remained.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready a full attack (and (since it's a free action) a use of Ki Augmentation) against the thing.

I'm sorry I misunderstood the last post, oh glorious DM. But it wouldn't feel right to have the stiffnecked SOB leave so easily.
    I'll edit my previous post slightly.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" - Terry Pratchett

9. - Top - End - #459
    Banned

The hopeful light in Domile's eyes is replaced with the grim steel you've come to expect from the Inquisitor.

"I have sought the wisdom of Cuthbert and all paths I pursue are blocked from me, as I feared they would be. Like the destruction they praise, I cannot predict what will happen if I burn him on this spot." his frustration seeping into his voice.
    "If we burn him, who knows where he shall reform, but if we leave him here at least we'll know his location."

He squares his shoulders.

"If we must destroy him every day we must, but I'll not loose him on others. Sarris and Rose will stay for the ruse and the eulogy, but the rest of the Order will come with me. We'll ride him deep into the prairie and await the awakening."

He turns back to the kobold, "Somnium, will you accompany us? I wish to know the moment he shows any sign of consciousness."

Tarō
    Spoiler
    Show

Naw, it's all good.

Btw, Taro idly notices that the kobold hasn't changed colors since you've seen him this morning. Remaining the same drab grey-green throughout the operation, and seems extremely somber as well, his face an emotionless mask.

Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2011-02-05 at 11:24 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460

"Sure thing chief, I gotta see the end of this." - the kobold responded with a friendly smile.
    Last edited by Critical; 2011-02-06 at 02:39 PM.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Banned

Domile nods sharply.

"Then let's be about our tasks."

The Merchant Elders are informed of the situation, and show concern and fear at the information. Gearna and Gemma show various degrees of anger at the Gobbler's continuous efforts to plague the lives of Banzar, but none disagree with Domile's plan.

Griswald gathers his best men, including Goggles. Domile as well takes with him all of the officers of the Order aside from Rose and Sarris.

Gottlob is placed back in the sack, only his head free to the air, and thick chains wrapped about it, along with a number of spells. He is then loaded into the ice wagon. They then take off along the beach, going one by one so that it is not obvious that a large part of the company is vacating.

The Council Elders have spruced up for the coming events during the autopsy, Gemma having helped Gearna braid her hair into a wonderfully intricate series of braids, loops and shapes with copper wire. They both now where a tasteful amount of finery.

The elders prepare to leave together, each one gathering a top a horse, and await Sarris' spell. He begins his illusion and four guards take each end of a stretcher type affair. Rose walks behind studying a sheet of vellum as a thick troupe of guards make sure none approach the 'body' or elders.

Gottlöb Party
    Spoiler
    Show
    You ride out for a time, expecting to head for the fields as Domile had mentioned, but instead continue out along the beach.

"Inquisitor?" Sir Orwell finally inquires.

"Peace." Domile replies, "Not all things said amongst many ears was the final decision."

The half-orc nods but his eyes blaze with curiosity. You all soon see a ship in the distance, docked in one of the man-made canals.

Domile and Griswald exchanges glances and nod to their men. The body is unloaded from the wagon, and the horses and men lead up to the ship.

A man meets Domile at the top, looking very displeased.

"Glad you could join us, Captain." Domile says pleasantly.

"Oh, you're a sly one, Inquisitor. By all reckoning I should be halfway back to Forest Heart!" the man replies angrily.

"Yes, but you're not, and the Order will owe you one more favor."

The man works his jaw and then turns about quickly yelling for his crew to make ready to sail.

In the meantime the corpse, still chained in its bag, is tied to the mast.

Effigy Party
    Spoiler
    Show

The crowd becomes silent as your procession walk along the beach, all straining and shoving to look past their neighbor for a view of the horror's remains.

Someone then cheers and soon everyone gathered is whooping and shouting jeers as applause fills the air. The guards relax slightly as the crowd's atmosphere lightens. The procession continues along at a leisurely pace. The gathered crowd follows behind, breaking out into song.

In the distance the crowd has gathered, sitting atop dunes, sprawled out on blankets, or standing in the low tide. A large circle however has been cleared about the effigy with thick rope through the needle-like eyes of steel rods driven into the sand. The gathering erupts into deafening cacophony as the 'body' is brought forth. A host of guards within the circle part, and open up a section for the procession to come through.

The Elders dismount, Damien with some aid, and the horses are led away as they proceed to the stage build around the effigy. They stop however and Gemma gestures to the guards to lower the body to the ground.

The crowd grows silent as the elders turn solemnly to face them. Rose and Gearna climbs the crude steps up to the platform.

The okilei turns and faces the crowd. The sound of the ocean then halts and instead a beautiful melody, unearthly and sad issues forth. The song then begins to break, and the murmuring sound of many voices speaking together is heard.

One voice then overspeaks the others, and to each in the crowd it seems as if a masculine voice is speaking by their ear.

"I am Robin Delling. I leave behind my wife and three sons."

The voice fades away and another takes his place, a much younger voice, "I am Lans Smith. I left my home of Forest Heart for the first time last week. I leave behind my betrothed."

A third voice, then a fourth, each one different in tone and age, telling who they are and what was left behind.

Then Rose's voice projects all around, though her lips do not move.

"These are men who died two days ago. All these names, all these shattered dreams, they belonged to the men who gave their life to fight those who would make us fear the blue eye of the sky, those who would shackle us forever. Many have died in defense of their ways. Unfortunately, I cannot read all of them, but for each one you know, their memory is with you. Today we avenge in a small way these lives pointlessly snuffed out. It will not bring them back, but it will say to the horrible will of Ruin that we do not bow before their intimidation. We will not fear to walk openly beneath the sky. We are many people in this city, but today we are bound by one thing. Freedom, and they CANNOT HAVE OURS!"

The crowd drowns out what she has to say, and the guards take back up the illusionary body as wave after wave of approval sounds forth. They mount the stairs, and tie a rope about the 'feet'. It is a heavy rope, so to those not examining it close appears to be taut. They make a show of hauling on the rope to pull him up.

They tie the rope to a support and the crowd vents their approval as the illusion waves gently side to side. Then two men hidden above push out two large leather balls tied to smaller ropes so that they dangle just over his form.

The crowd silences for a moment, then roars again in laughter. Looking up it now appears as if a pair of male genitalia hang from the crotch of the effigy.

"Oh, they didn't..." Gearna says disbelievingly, turning to look halfway down the stairs. She looks upset for a moment at the lessening of the moment, but then begins to smile. Soon she is doubled over, holding her sides as she succumbs to laughter.

OOC
    Whichever party you wish to go with, check out its spoiler, but please not both.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2011-02-08 at 02:25 AM.

12. - Top - End - #462

Spoiler
    Show

Raynor's spell?
    Raynor has no inbound sense of duty driving him to follow the Epiphanies to the prairie, in fact, that does not sound like the pleasant festival day he wants. On the other hand, the Epiphanies being gone increases the chances of the Ruiners attacking, and while he's not averse to fighting ruiners, it's also no picnic.
    Hmmm...I believe he'll stay.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

Err, yeah, I gave you a new 1/day spell-like for being such a tremendous human being.

...whoops, actually, that appears to be a typo

Go along to the Effigy party then. Choose your own adventure!

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Effigy Party
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarris is leaning against a nearby tree, watching the spectacle. The effort of concentrating on the illusion doesn't even furrow his brow--he's had to concentrate harder on research those times he has gone three days without sleep--but his brow furrows anyway, in disapproval of the immature behavior of the "Gobbler's" executioners. That lizard's discoveries had better be worth this puerile farce, he growls to himself.
    Last edited by PairO'Dice Lost; 2011-02-08 at 01:34 AM.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

15. - Top - End - #465
    Banned

Effigy Party
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC
    Just a note, there's no trees about. Only greenery is dune grass and some sort of thorny vine/bush, and very little of that except atop the dunes. Where the effigy stands, some hundred feet from the water's edge, all greenery has been scraped or pulled up from around it. Since it'll be soon set ablaze that's probably a good preventive measure.

16. - Top - End - #466

Gottlöb party

Spoiler
    Show
    As preparations are made to slip out of Banzaar in ones and twos. Tarō quickly returns to Gearna's wagon. There he had left his horse, his pack and his naginata. After checking his saddlebags, his haversack and their supplies he mounts and heads out, in the opposite direction that most of the epiphanists would likely take. When asked about his reason for leaving before the burning he simply answered that he needed to report what had happened to his own people and that his duty gave him no time to tarry and enjoy the celebration. All of it true. He disliked lying even by omitting truth like this, But secrecy was necessary, that much was obvious.

As he joins up with the epiphanists, geared for both fight and travel, he bows deeply to Domile and his officers. He notices that they aren't going where the inquisitor had said, but takes it in stride. As before, he understood the need for secrecy. After embarking, and stabling Gurē, he then seeks the inquisitor out. Standing to the side and waiting to be allowed to approach, clearing his throat in a low rumble if it seems Domile doesn't notice him, or just ignores him.

17. - Top - End - #467

Effigy
    Spoiler
    Show

Raynor falls in with the procession to the effigy, having no real desire to deal with Gottlöb and the Epiphanies any more than he had to, especially after what he'd overheard. Walking next to Gearna, he looks a bit out of place in his plain tunic, but no one questions him. However, though and easy smile is on his lips, he keeps a careful eye on the crowd, effigy, and surrounding area. With Domile and his group gone, this might be an excellent time for a Ruiner attack. He stops as the Elders dismount, and as Rose begins her tribute, his smile starts to slip, and by the last name his eyes are on the okilei, no longer shifting around the area. At her final speech, he throws a hand to the air, shouting his approval along with the crowd. As the illusionary gobbler is moved to the effigy, he resumes scanning the crowd, noticing the arcanist controlling the illusion, Sarris if he recalls, watching placidly. He nods at the Epiphany, and then looks back to the tower as the effigy's dangly bits are hung. A wide grin splits his face.
    "Ah, oi reckon they did. Wonder if Domile knew aboyt dis wee addishun."

18. - Top - End - #468
    Banned

Gobbler Party
    Spoiler
    Show

Domile certainly notices and inclines his head.

"I understand you are honor-bound to the protection of the Merchant Mistress." he says as Taro boards. "You are welcome to join us. After your battle earlier it is your right."

Effigy Party
    Spoiler
    Show

Gemma glances up and closes her eyes with a soft groan and a shake of her head. She then opens them again, a tolerant smile playing on her lips.

Damien just stands with eyes straight ahead, too dignified to show any reaction to the joke.

"Oh, I doubt it." Gearna replies to Raynor, still laughing and confronts Argon who is observing the spectacle with hands behind his back and an air of too-heavy solemnity.

"This has you written all over it." she says, narrowing her eyes.

"What ken I say lass," he replies deadpan. "The Gobbler was ae ****."

Gearna's lip trembles for a moment and she falls against the fey prankster, shaking with helpless laughter.

A grin splits Argon's face and he put an arm around her shoulders.

"LET'S GET THIS FESTIVAL STARTED!" he bleats, throwing his head back with a whoop.

The crowd cheers and the Elders file out of the roped circle aside from Argon and Gearna. The two men that hung the effigy's balls leap down and bow to the assembled before jogging out of the ring.

Rose approaches Sarris and just raises her eyebrows with a small smile at it all. You two are then allowed to follow behind the elders to a raised viewing platform a safe distance from what will soon be an inferno.

The guards are the last to leave, filing out after lighting small bonfires that line the inner warded ring.

The man you witnessed earlier playing on pieces of junk appears from beneath the stage circling the effigy, rolling out a dozen barrels. He is a very tall, dusky man of indeterminate age who seems to loom.

His apparel is strange with a long, sleeveless cloak that crosses itself in front, and behind to form forked tails. It is held around the middle by a sash of braided rope. His pants are loose, though made of a heavy, durable cloth. All of it seems to have been sewn from thrown-out material stitched back together.

Pans, pots and other assorted material is also brought out. He begins to beat on them severely, his dark eyes burning with passion. Several other men then join him at an unseen signal, slapping their knees and soles of their feet in tune with the beat. Soon a rousing number is being played.

Argons bow to Gearna and together they start an energetic dance about the effigy. The crowd also begins to dance, some with skill, others not, but none seem to care. It is rowdy and loud and filled with a kind of joy.

Raynor feels a tap on his shoulder and turns to find the waitress from the Sweaty Palms in a very immodest white sundress. Her previously tangled hair has been combed out into luxurious waves and her skin positively glows in the mid-summer light, the sparkles of her skin standing out vividly. Small ear-disks of carved and polished coral stretch her lobes.

"You may have weaseled out of the color of your hair, but I think you still owe me a dance." she says looking up at you.

In the meantime the elders, Rose and Sarris come up the viewing platform where they can get a good view of their surroundings, and the latter an unobstructed place to continue his illusion.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2011-02-12 at 02:38 PM.

19. - Top - End - #469

Gottlob Party
    Spoiler
    Show

"Hey there, Mr. Taro! Nice to have you on our little trip of rare specimen destruction!" - the kobold greeted the genasi cheerfully. The kobold certainly was excited about it.

He then turned to Domile to inquire something: "So what's the plan exactly, chief?"
    Last edited by Critical; 2011-02-08 at 09:07 AM.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Banned

Gobbler Party
    Spoiler
    Show
    Domile nods to a small, sparsely vegetated island it takes you a moment to spot.

"Much less he can do when surrounded by sea. Naught that lives there but the retreat of smugglers. Of course our good captain would never make use of it." Domile responds.

"Or at least no use that we'll feel compelled to mention to the Banzar authorities since he lent his boat." Goggles leans in to murmur with a grin.

It is not too long before you near the island. Small boats are lowered; Domile, Griswald sharing their boat with the two of you, plus the body. The Langholms, Sir Orwell and Opal in another, and two others as well, one with Goggles.

The boats are rowed into a cavern that is completely hidden by long vines and a seemingly impassible labyrinth of sharp, barnacle encrusted rocks. Within, the cavern is a bay and beach well lit by the noon sun shining through many large holes worn through the rock that composes the ceiling. The boats are ridden up to and pulled onto the beach except for one boat of soldiers that remain near the entrance to this inner bay.

In the dimmer corners are doors bolted into the stone, one opening into a shallow fissure within which barrels can be seen.

You then hear distant applause and shouting which you can only conclude is from the shore. The festival you are missing out on is apparently beginning and this chamber captures the sound across the sea admirably.

21. - Top - End - #471

Gobbler Party
    Spoiler
    Show

"D'aww, we're missing out all the party!" - the kobold says, gripping to the edge of the boat and trying to listen carefully to the cheering. But he then abandons that activity and fully throws the idea off as his smile has became slightly bigger: "Bah, who am I kidding? I'm having a freaking ball here!" But his change of moods didn't end here, his face has taken a thoughtful expression: "So we're gonna bind him and wait till he wakes up, right? Will you be able to do that paralyzing trick you did last time, chief? Cause I want him concious. Concious equals information!"
    Last edited by Critical; 2011-02-12 at 03:10 PM.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

22. - Top - End - #472

Effigy Party
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raynor laughs with Gearna and the fey, before being swept along by the crowd. He watches quizzically as the man begins his strange music, but joins in the clapping, bobbing his head in time. A tap on his shoulder has him turn, and he sees the server from last night. His grin grows wider at her request, and her dress, and he gives a sardonic bow.
    "Oi tink oi can repay dat debt," he says, and he straightens, before grabbing the woman's hands and spinning into a jig.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Banned

Gobbler Party
    Spoiler
    Show
    Domile inspects the surroundings as the Gobbler is lifted up and out of the boat to be set on the beach.

He turns at the dragon-man's query, "No, I think not. It could only work upon the living. There is another prayer that may work just as well, depending on how much power he will have gained in death."

Nodding at what he sees around he turns back, "What will you need to tell that he is once more conscious?"

In the meanwhile a musical beating begins upon shore.

Taro
    Spoiler
    Show
    The music is just barely made out due to distance, but it seems strangely familiar. While not ominous in any way you find your heart quickening in preparation for battle, and a fight or flight feeling settles over you.

Effigy Party
    Spoiler
    Show

Raynor's dancing partner grins challenging and whirls away with him. After a time an older man in his early 40's leaps over the rope and fires with a high somersault. He lands and bows to Gearna. She laughs and Argon bows back, allowing the intruder to cut in. They move about and while Argon's dance was more suggestive and energetic, this fellow's style is almost an art, beautiful as it strange.

Then a second man comes from the opposite side of the fenced off area, looking like a younger double of the original. He approaches the dancing pair and bows to let cut in. The elder man doesn't appear to be happy about this but with a word from Gearna he steps back and lets the two dance. It's after about five minutes later that the pair are dancing in front of the musicians when the elder tries to cut back in.

The younger man makes a dismissive gesture and reaches back to Gearna, but the elder man grabs his arm and says something angrily. The younger man replies back and shoves the elder roughly. The elder grips the younger's shirt and they both roll backwards, coming to their feet fluidly. The young man aims a roundhouse kick at the elder's head, who ducks, and grabs the younger's foot, flipping him backwards. The young man twists in midair and lands in an alert crouch. Gearna backs away, a wide smile and edges between two fire pits to duck under the rope. None of the guards meanwhile seem to take notice.

They continue on, hurling themselves and their opponent, only to slide to a halt or land unharmed in the soft sand. The older man lunges for a bottle that someone appears to have carelessly tossed into the ring, but the young man trips him and they grab it at the same time. A highly improbably bout to gain the bottle occurs. The older man finally gains possession, knocking down the younger man. As the latter tries to regain his feet, the older takes a long, deep draft before shattering it over his knee.

The young man calls out to the crowd, and someone tosses him some wine which he catches deftly. He repeats the elder's actions, drinking and breaking it. A truly fantastic bottle fight begins, dirty and lightning fast, but miraculously they never seem to quite land a blow or so much as nick the other.

In the meanwhile the beat increases in tempo, and the musician beating upon himself and his junk moves in time with the fighters, his self-inflicted blows echoing the music.

Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2011-02-12 at 03:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #474

Effigy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raynor dances on, but keeps an eye on the unfolding events.
    "What's de craic wi' dem den?" he asks the woman with a jerk of his head, as he twirls her into the next step, bouncing in time to the beat.

25. - Top - End - #475

Gobbler Party
    Spoiler
    Show

In response to Domile's question, Somnium simply scratched his head.

"Uhh... Um... I certainly can monitor him, but can't your magic handle that?.. I mean, I'd rather go get some exotic drinks off here for us all while we wait and magic handles the boring stuff!"

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Banned

Effigy Party
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Just the head of the peace enforcers." your partner says glancing over. "His son to..."

Her eyes then widen and she begins to watch, distracted. "How does he twist himself like that?"

The younger fighter grabs a burning brand from the fire, and so too the other does, wailing away. They fight their way up the stairs leading to the platform surrounding the effigy. Both find another bottle and drink most of it in a single gulp. They then both vomit violently, the contents of their bellies catching fire as they pass by the torches, and flame begins trickling up the effigy.

The two combatants then bow to each other, then to the crowd. Lastly they both turn to the hanging illusion of the Gobbler, saluting him gravely with a middle finger. The crowd roars their approval and the two men somersault down the dune.

The man playing on his own body then begins to stomp a foot very hard, rhythmically. He then makes a loud *WHOOP* and chanting that is heard even over the roar of the gathering. The effigy starts to creak. It brings one foot support up out of the sand. It then stomps on the dune

*BAM*

Slowly at first, it then begins to mimic the dancer. Its other foot then lifts.

*BAM*

*BAM BAM*

*BAM*

*BAM BAM*

The crowd applauds wildly, but then the effigy rips the sail in half and shreds it into pieces. The voices begin to sound uncertain, and turn alarmed as it reaches down and snaps the rope holding the dangling Gobbler. It tosses the rope into the crowd, the illusion staying floating beneath the construction.

The effigy then takes two steps forward to straddle the musician, crushing the performers on either side of him. It then raises a foot above the others.

Whether by chance or design, thunder explodes through the air and a gust of wild wind blows in from across the ocean. All combined, the crowd panics and begins to scramble over each other in an attempt to get away from the enormous flaming effigy.

The musicians continues his beat and singing, voices and music not his own spreading from him.

- We are in Rounds -
    (Link to Battle Grid)
    Spoiler
    Show

With your next post I need:
    - Initiatives
    - Exact square (Sarris, you are atop the dune around 47-WW
    - Action. If you wish to regroup with the others, that must be part of your action.

Please keep mechanical to spoilers. RP/description of actions can go in main post for your party.

Special rules for this combat
    - Listen checks are going to be at -10 penalty due to crowd screaming, surf, thunder, and the roar of fire.
    - Squares 1-2 are heavy surf (4 feet deep), which costs quadruple movement, or you can swim.
    - Squares 3-5 are light surf (1-3 feet deep), which costs double movement to move through.
    - Squares 6-14 are packed, wet sane you may move normally through.
    - Squares 15+ take double movement to move through if you are size Large or smaller.
    - The circly places are dunes. They cost double movement to move across, quadruple movement to move up, and can move down at normal speed (but must make a DC 10 balance check or fall).

Other items at your disposal:
    • Sand
    • Sea water
    • Driftwood
    • Ropes
    • Steel rods driven into the sand
    • Bottles/Cups, both empty and full, glass and clay
    • Food
    • Fire
    • Shoes/Clothing
    • Random paraphernalia dropped in panic. If you want to look for a specific item I will roll at random, but will require spot check.

Gobbler Party
    Spoiler
    Show
    Domile turns to Somnium with an irate look.

"I did not expect to have to deal with the awakening of some abomination from death when I spoke with the Lord this morning." he says softly. "Now you will stay at your post and do the deed you prom..."

He is cut off by an even louder roar from the beach than you've heard before, and this time it is not the roar of approval, but the screams of fear and confusion.

"SIR!" one of the guards shouts from the boats, pointing.

The Gobbler's body is gone, leaving the chains and bag behind. A shadow passes over one of the holes in the ceiling above and a horribly contorted, bloated face grins down momentarily. It is Gottlob.

- We are in Rounds -

OOC
    Include initiatives with your action. Please keep mechanical to spoilers. RP/description of actions can go in main post for your party.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2011-02-14 at 01:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #477

Effigy
    Spoiler
    Show

Raynor's grin slips from his face.

"Aw bugger, tha's a biggun." He glances at his dance partner. "Yer better start runnin'," he says with a sigh.
    I just wanted a relaxing day...
    He looks for the Epiphany member controlling the illsusion. What was his name? Sarris!

"Sarris!" he shouts, "Sarris 'tis de musician! Make 'imself sleep!"

Spoiler
    Show

With your next post I need:
    Initiative [roll0] (expending Dreams of Future Strife maneuver, giving +5 to initiative)
    - Exact square 32-TT

Before I post actions, where is the musician? And how on fire is the effigy, in the embers to inferno scale?

Maneuvers readied:
    Dreams of Future Strife, Insightful strike, Inexorable Embrace of Sleep, Emerald Razor

28. - Top - End - #478
    Banned

Effigy Party
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC
    Oh, the musician, he's in 39-II. Meant to add him to the original.

The fire is only a trickle right now, barely begun, but its catching quickly. You'd estimate within the next two minutes it'd be a veritable inferno.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2011-02-15 at 12:00 AM.

29. - Top - End - #479

Effigy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, questions: How strong would a steel cable created by my Mind Tools feat be? If I can make one long enough, I could treat it like an At-At, and stab a spike into it, then wrap the cable around its legs until it falls down.
    Last edited by The Antigamer; 2011-02-23 at 12:44 AM.