New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default When the Lord comes a'callin'... [IC]

When the Lord comes a'callin' and other Adventures!

Spoiler
    Show
    Upon the dawn of creation and destruction, it was created by the Lord and the Lady the Moral Lords, named Lex Legis, Pravus Malum, Lenis Comus, and Abeo Vicissitudo, known also as the Moral Four. However, the Moral Four did not agree on any issues with each other; in fact, their entire being revolted against the cosmic order, constantly striving to destroy each other and become the singular Moral Lord.

Thus was the First War fought; and the blood shed in the battles would collect become what was later known as gods. The Lord and the Lady granted upon these beings great power, but though their power was great, it was as a candle to the brightness of the Moral Lords. Then it was that the Lord and the Lady went into slumber, their power having been weakened greatly by the creations that they had wrought.

And thus was it, that the first Gods were formed, and these gods, in their wisdom, realized that if the First War continued, then nothing could ever be created; all would be destroyed. And so the Gods united, and they used all of their powers to create a great structure, and then they lured the Moral Lords to the structure, and in the first act of true Divinity, and Evil, the Gods used their powers to entrap the Moral Lords in the structure.

Bu, lo! for, in this creation, the Gods created a vacuum, which would suck into itself all Divine Power that was near the structure, and it also took into itself the Weave, so that the structure only ever became harder to break out of, and none could free the Moral Lords. But, in the years before the structure was named, and was called Spire, it was revealed by the great Oracle god, Ru'yah, this:

When fire wrought,
    And ice brought;
    The lord's name,
    Be fully tame,
    Then gods be doom,
    For mortal loom,
    And life be gone,
    Very soon.

Fore, mortal coil,
    Shall not toil,
    When the lord awake,
    Then take the lake,
    For only there,
    Shall Lord be bare,
    And on his death,
    With mortal breath,
    Shall all kings,
    Be given rings.

But it was not to be she who delivered the prophecy, fore this prophecy took away her strength, and she was destroyed by it. In this way, the Prophecy itself became part of Creation and Destruction, and it was Creation and Destruction itself that gave the prophecy.

Thus it has been told,
    And thus has it been named,
    Now ye' heroes of old,
    Discover what you're blamed

You're outside of the spire, and have not yet gone inside of it. You all can be at the spire for whatever reason, but you are there. You can now take some time to discuss things with the others who are near you, or just chat with everyone.
    Last edited by NecroticPunch; 2010-11-30 at 05:19 PM.
    All thanks to Domochevsky for the epic avatar

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illic est haud affectus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud ignarus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud perturbatio, illic est hunger.
    There est haud chaos, illic est hunger.
    There est haud nex, illic est Hive.

Δεν υπάρχει συναίσθημα, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει άγνοια, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει πάθος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει χάος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει θάνατος, υπάρχει το Καταφύγιο.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: When the Lord comes a'callin'... [IC]

Yog

Peace. Quiet.

Of all of the multiverse, this spire was the only location where he was truly alone; where he could think and know the thoughts were his own. It wasn't more than a few weeks ago that he had smelled the salt in the air of his favorite port town, but he needed to stay as far away as possible when he wasn't dropping off the various wonders he had collected in his years. For her sake, he would do anything. She deserved nothing less after the atrocities he put her through...

Since he had arrived, he had worn a path around the circumference of the great structure. Everything about this place mystified him, from the simplicity of the architecture to the utterly encompassing power it radiated. Still, he was alone with his thoughts and that would give him plenty of time to contemplate his surroundings.

That was until he spotted movement in the distance. He pulled his hood down to his shoulders to reveal the haggard features of an elderly human male. Barely a hair on his head, the brown leather of his cloak seemed to be the only thing holding his frail bones together. "Hail, traveler! What brings you to these parts?"

For whoever cares:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't much care who it is I spotted, so if you want play shuffleboard with the kindly old man, feel free to insert yourself into the blank.

DM's Eyes Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey! Quit Peeking!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I just used the pretending flesh augment to change my appearance. Here's my disguise check:(1d20+41)[61]
    Last edited by Nanoblack; 2010-11-30 at 03:41 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

"This... this place is strange..." murmured Emily, looking around. "...where is it? WHAT is it, anyway?"

Her questions were addressed to anyone nearby.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Aelaris, a tall grey elf with an unusually sharp nose, floated idly around the imperceptible curvature of the spire. It was impossibly wide, too wide to move around in any amount of time, so he let his consciousness float out to discern the surroundings. He was difficult to find, at least -- imperceptible to sight, though not lesser senses.

He liked this place. It felt of some sort of strange power, and at the same time rendered some of his enemies powerless. It did not render him powerless, as his power was from the great pulse of magic itself, not divine in nature. But this spire held secrets that he hoped to find, in time...
    http://www.dnd-wiki.org -- the Dungeons and Dragons Wiki.
    The only good spell point system you will ever see.

I'm good at rating things. If you want me to tell you how you can improve your homebrew, PM me a link.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

The behemoth in the armor loomed from nowhere, looking around.

Noting the old man and the rogue, he simply stomped towards a rock, sitting down and slamming his sword into the ground infront of himself, placing his hands on the tang and closing his glowing red eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah. The overlord is here, and waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

A man walks up, leaning on his staff for support. He approaches slowly, with no fanfare, only the impish creature on his shoulder to accompany him. Far off, a speck on the horizon, there are others, but some are quite devout and would not like this place. So he comes alone. He is not too good to walk.
    This was a good place. To draw away all the power of the gods, and leave him in full possession of his abilities, well, that was just great.
    "This, milady, is a prison for enemies of the gods." Torisk replies, voice clear and strong.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, now that's interesting." she grins widely. "What kind of enemy merits a punishment this impressive?"
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

8. - Top - End - #8

"What kind of enemy would the gods consider a threat? Use your imagination." Torisk shakes his head. He doesn't know. Or he's pretending not to.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

She grins. "Anyone with power nearing theirs."

10. - Top - End - #10

"How close would your power come?" He inquires.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

She blinks.
    "To the gods? I'm not sure."

12. - Top - End - #12

Yog

The old man wasn't the least bit daunted by by the armored figure ignoring him. Still he wasn't going to bother someone with such an impressive weapon. Instead he appeared near the pair quietly discussing the nature of this place. "A comparison of power hardly matters, for even the gods are mortals here."
    Last edited by Nanoblack; 2010-12-01 at 06:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

"...Yes. One might even say that their might is naught more than that of a simple sage, should you take away their trained power." Ithan says, having apparently caught the thread of the conversation.

Standing up, he brushes a fleck of dust off of his cape.

"I wonder... What do 'people' of your might want with this location..." He continues in the slow tone, walking over to the group with about as much speed as would be expected of such an armored figure.
    Extended Signature.

14. - Top - End - #14

Yog

The old man pulls his hood back atop his bald head to protect his delicate skin from the suns rays as he turns to greet the previously silent figure. Kindly smiling he speaks. "I assure you I am mighty in age only. I came to spend some time in solitude, away from the pressures of everyday life. Though I must admit after being out here for so long, all of this company is very much welcome."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Keelan Young and The Axiom
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 428/428 AC:91 T:74 FF:91
    Init: +15 Perception: +16 Spot, +11 Listen, LLx6, Darkvision 90, Blindsight 90, Tremorsense 60ft, See in Magical Darkness
    Speed: 85ft Land, 115ft Swim, 85ft Hover
    Buffs: Greater Mage Armor [27 Hours], Haste, Freedom of Movement, Impenetrable Disguise Self, Magic Circle Against All Alignments, Superior Globe of Invulnerability [Level 10 spells and under]
    Condition: N/A
    Immune: Acid, Cold, Electricity, Exhaustion, Disease, Petrification, Poison, Ability Damage/Drain, Energy Drain, Mind-Affecting, Blind, Dazzle,
    Resistances: DR 23/-, ER 13 (Fire, Sonic)
    Passive: Fast Healing 13, Evasion Know the Mind (know what every creature within 1 mile of you is thinking, Immune Surprise, act in surprise rounds, Improved Uncanny Dodge), Water Breathing, Sustenance, Needs no Air, Pass Without Trace, No Scent
    Str: 20 Dex: 32 Con: 32 Int: 22 Wis: 32 Cha: 44
    Fort: +50 Ref: +51 Will: +55

Class Features:

Spoiler
    Show
    Psychic Masqueade: Disguise Self @ Will, only broken by Death. True Sight does not penetrate.
    Master of the Mind: 1/encounter treat a saving throw as Natural 20
    Might of the Mind: gain Mettle until next turn after using Psychic Power
    Prescient Reflex: gain Evasion until next turn after using Psychic Power

Take 10 on all Cha checks and Cha based skill checks
    Mass Suggestion SLA 3/day with a DC 37
    Proficient in all weapons.

All Attacks treated as Chaotic, Evil, Good, Lawful
    Breath Weapon: 27d4 Force Breath (95ft Cone) Ref DC 34 Half
    Quicken Breath, Clinging Breath, Lingering Breath

SLAs (CL 27, DC 10+1/2HD+Cha or 40)
    At Will: Guidance, Resistance, Virtue, Bless, Prayer
    6/day: Shield of Faith, Consecrate, Atonement
    8/day: Aid
    Free Action to create 20ft radius bright light. Acts as Magic Circle against [All] and Globe of Invulnerability that affects spells of (1/2HD)-3 [10th] levels or lower.
    Saintly Touch: Extra 1d6 vs [All]. Righteous Hammer: +1d6/2HD to [All].

No longer has any alignment for any purpose. Not True Neutral, but no alignment whatsoever.
    Bane against Alignment. +2 to attack and +2d6 against creatures with one neutral component. +4 to attack and +4d6 against creatures with an extreme alignment.
    Any spell cast that would affect only a single alignment affects all to full effect
    Alignment restrictions for magic items or advancing in a class are irrelevant
    Telekinesis at Will as a Supernatural Ability (Caster Level = Character Level). No concentration needed, manipulate 100lbs/CL. Create up to Charisma Modifier in Spiritual Weapons. Uses Cha to attack.
    Any foe damaged by Mind-Hand Manipulation takes an additional 20 points of damage reduction that ignores all damage reduction.
    [17/17] Cha/day reduce damage from one source by half.

Soul Binding: Naberius: Can use [Decipher Script, Disable Devise, Open Lock, +8] skills untrained and Standard Action Diplomacy/Bluff with no penalty.

Item Notes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    3 charges per day to gain move/standard/full action
    Take 10 on Balance/Climb/Jump/Swim/Tumble and take 20 1/day

When attacked in melee, attacker takes half of damage dealt rounded up and wearer takes half rounded down
    1/day Immune to all damage for 1 round

Continuous Haste
    Continuous Pass Without Trace/no scent
    3/day swift action to take a free 5ft step
    Dex to Jump instead of Str and Swift to Stand from Prone (no AoO)
    Two Handed always readied vs Charge
    1/day Swift action to get 2 rounds of free time as per Time Stop

1/day Rusting Grasp, Self and Gear immune to Rusting attacks
    Ignore Miss Chance for attacking Incorporeal with anything. +1d6vsIncorporeal

Standard At Will view a remote location that is familiar or obvious (ie, behind a door in front of you or around a corner).
    5/day Immediate Action to counter Confused, Dazed, Fascinated, or Stunned

A section of space not far away begins to warp and bend before being drawn back towards infinity in a shape that vaguely resembles the Spire itself. With a snap it breaks free and shapes itself into a massive gateway between planes. A faint violet mist rolls out from the disk but beyond is only darkness and a massive stone wall that rises beyond sight. For the half moment that the portal remains open the wall shimmers with eldritch power and then it is gone. Hovering a few scant inches off the ground the Lady of Pain herself gazes upon those around from behind a featureless mask. The truly terrifying part of it all is perhaps the fact that the subject's shadow is inching towards those assembled and that no amount of divination or insight seems capable of disproving the notion that this bladed figure is truly the one who rightly bears the bladed mask.

From behind the floating figure emerges a ball of blades and golden armor with a grace and precision only possible from the greatest of godly machines. It too wears the bladed mask. It shifts and then rises to a full height of seven feet and then gestures as a telepathic message passes through the nearby area, 'All hail the coming of The Lady. Descended from The Cage of Sigil for the first time in all recorded history, praise her lest the Shadow fall across you.'

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, Disguise Self that cannot be pierced, the ability to hover, and going someplace you've never been. Walking in as The Lady is the most amusing thing I could think of as an intro. XD

And yes, The Axiom is gesturing while Keelan is 'speaking.'

Bluff Check of 80 (Take 10).
    Mind Blank and Construct, but I'm still hoping no one has detect thoughts and some way to pierce those protections, cause it'd ruin my fun. XD

Using Telekinesis (no concentration required) to make various bits of his Lady of Pain disguise float menacingly.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

16. - Top - End - #16

Torisk turns away from Emily to see this new arrival. She looks genuine even through true sight, and a cone of detecting-thoughts reveals nothing. A bit odd, but, it could happen. It could be so.
    "We do not bow even to the Lady of Pain." He sneers. "Well come, but this is not your domain."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #17

Yog

The old man turns, still smiling. "Now what would a being as great as the Bladed Lady herself want with a group of travelers such as us?" He closes his eyes for a moment and after he reopens them, they glow a dull yellow. He breathes deep as the wind whistles by, playing an almost inaudible, alien tune. An army of featureless figures now stand motionless at the edges of your sight, drifting to stay in your peripheral vision no matter how quickly you turn your head. "It's wonderful that you would appear just as we were discussing the relationship between this place and the gods. Perhaps you can further enlighten us?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Aelaris, seeing the commotion, chooses the moment to make himself visible.

Ah, I see we are blessed by the Lady of Pain herself. Aelaris says, out loud.

Then, telekinetically, he says only to the 'Lady of Pain':
    Spoiler
    Show
    I won't ruin your fun, but if you wanted a really good disguise, you shouldn't use such obvious telekinesis to move the blades around.

Notes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    My wiki host is still crashed from the DDoS, but I know I can beat the disguise check on a natural 1 (also, I have greater arcane sight to see the telekinesis).

I'm good at rating things. If you want me to tell you how you can improve your homebrew, PM me a link.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Keelan and The Axiom

The Shadow of the Lady waivers and nears each of those nearby before slowly retreating. Tracts of broken earth are left in its wake as it recedes as though a dozen or more blades had torn into the soil. The golden protector continues to gesture despite not being the origin of the telepathic communication, 'The Lady arrives not as an emissary of the Gods or other powers in the 'verse but as the an escape from the mundane. The Lady has descended only to step out onto the Great Wheel and deemed this spot, the closest from our point of departure, as the most logical starting point for such a grand tour among the planes. She cares not for the Gods, but has informed me that she is seeking those who would guide her travels.'

After a brief pause the voice continues, but only to Aelaris and without the gesturing of the protector, 'You are most kind indeed, maybe doubly so for no calling attention to my ruse to powers greater than those here. My brand of entertainment might be a delightful diversion to the unenlightened and among the Courts, but those who sit on the greatest thrones would no doubt not approve. You may call me Keelan, my guard is The Axiom. He does not speak much, if at all. You are?'

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, to G.Arcane Sight he glows like the sun with 10 different magical items and the G.Mage armor, so its not a particularly effective ruse against anyone with any significant experience under their belt.

I'm tempted to walk around with 17 Spiritual Weapons active at all times, but thats so many swift actions... XD

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Just as these events turned up, and the people just began to greet each other, a great beam of light struck down from the sky, slamming into the Spire, and causing ripples of suppressed arcane and divine energy to feed away from it. And then, with the suddeness of a lightning strike, a great cracking was heard, and a thousand thousand fissures appeared in the Spire. Light flooded from these holes, creating what looked to be pock-marked stick or something. The holes spread, and soon the entire Spire was just a column of light, a great thing that radiated power. A great rippling rippled from the column of light, and the ripple destroyed everything it touched. It touched Sigil. Sigil, and everything inside of it, was instantly and irrevocably destroyed. And then the light folded in on itself, doing so many times over, until a man-shaped being stood in the middle of it, and he was suddenly made into flesh and color, and he appeared as an ancient man, with a long beard and eyes that glowed orange, dressed in ragged brown robes. This man stretched, yawned, and said, " Hm... I'm parched. Anyone got some water? "

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh yes. This would be a comedic part of the campaign.

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

"Water, hm?" Ithan rumbles, looking at where the vaporized city once was/

"Well, here." He continues, reaching behind himself and withdrawing a small decanter, pointing the mouth at the old man.

"Also, 'Geyser'."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Draw Decanter of Endless Water. Then speak the command word for the "geyser" setting.
    Extended Signature.

22. - Top - End - #22

Yog

The old mans expression widens in surprise. Not the sort of surprise you get when your house explodes though, the kind you get when the champion of an arena gets dethroned by the underdog. "Well, My Lady, it seems your departure was quite timely indeed. Perhaps you should tend to the matter at hand before your extended vacation begins?" At the same time, his old papery flesh shifts beneath his thin cloak, forming a bulwark of tendons and skin and bone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full round action to spend form points, adding the flesh feature 40 times- Augmented with Iron x20, Magic Eating x10, Pretending x1
    These give me SR47 and DR20/Adamantine

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Keelan

For good measure the robes and blades shimmer and falter for a moment, but do not reveal his true form, as the city so far above is destroyed. On the old man's statement the psychic barely turns his gaze towards the top of the Spire along with his mechanical companion. For a moment they say nothing and then the telepathic voice returns, 'Oh my, you are indeed correct, we now seem to be homeless. Would any of you happen to have a place of residence The Lady could occupy once our tour of the planes is complete? The Lady must have a place from which to escape, as it were, in order to truly consider it a vacation and not vagrancy.'
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2010-12-03 at 11:43 PM.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

24. - Top - End - #24

Torisk

"I would be glad to play host to one so bold as pretend to be the Lady." he says, turning to look at the recently arrived figure and trying to gauge it's relative power.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Aelaris's eyes widen in shock, an emotion he had not felt in over a century. Sigil, perhaps the greatest treasure in all of the multiverse, vaporized in an instant! And this...old man, out of it? But Sigil...gone! So many of his plans would now need to be re-laid. So many resources gone. He wondered if it was truly destroyed, or merely vanished somewhere else. He hoped it merely vanished.

Well, Aelaris was no fool. He knew that whatever this old man was, it was more than he looked. He waved his hand and the geyser-like flow of water weakened somewhat (prestidigitation). Once weakened enough to see and hear through, he asked the man, as polite as he could manage (not being an emotion he was used to), "Is that good, or would you like more, my friend?"
    Last edited by Surgo; 2010-12-04 at 08:30 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Strangely enough, the water bends itself around, and pours itself into a cup that mysteriously appeared in the hands of the elder man. Sipping the cup, that man says, " Oh yes, this is quite enough. "

If you have some kind of passive ability to sense magic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see no magic.

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

"If I may ask, sir, was the thing with Sigil entirely necessary?" No problem to him, but it is a bit annoying to many, he's sure.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Keelan Young and The Axiom

The golden bodyguard turn to fully face the elderly man as the telepathy begins again, 'My Lady wishes to express that she means no harm and is merely testing a hypothesis.' With that Keelan raises a single hand almost entirely hidden within his/her robes and the space behind the elderly man rises in a miniature replica of The Spire. It holds for a moment before it snaps and space itself screams in reply, creating a maelstrom of destruction. Around the swirling blackness that is quickly created even light itself seems to bend towards it and slowly get sucked in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Extraordinary ability.

25ft behind the man center a 30ft radius emanation of Singularity, a level 9 gravity effect. As (Ex) it allows no SR. Relevant DCs are 41

Fortitude:
    Damage on Fail: (56d6)[190] Damage on Success: (15d6)[50]

Reflex: Save or be caught in the Singularity and unable to move for the duration (-4 Dex, -2 attack, Concentration DC30+spell level to cast). Fliers can make saves in additional rounds to escape.

And it can be dismissed as a spell, so he'll dismiss it shortly thereafter.

This is probably a very very stupid thing to do, but given that I'm assuming this thing is 21+ or just damned awesome, I doubt a little (Ex) untyped damage will hurt. Plus, I find it damn amusing. I might even destroy his tea cup if I get lucky. XD
    Also, I miscalculated, that should be 54d6, not that I figure he'll fail a save.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2010-12-11 at 01:56 AM.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

The elderly man's Tea Cup explodes, shortly before the Singularity poofs out of existence. " B-but my tea cup is cool... it never did anything to you! Why would you do that? WHY?! " He says.

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Rounding on Keelan, Aelaris blurts out angrily: Why would you do something like that? Are you trying to be a jerk, or an idiot? Aelaris uses make whole on the teacup; hopefully that works.

Never hurts to score a few points with some random being that just destroyed a multiversal monument.
    Last edited by Surgo; 2010-12-12 at 01:02 PM.