New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: MtG - Conflux

1. - Top - End - #361
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: MtG - Conflux

*shrug* graymage

i guess we should now cross our fingers and see which one of us dies (assuming it happens)

xD

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I guess we will find out. Gray Mage
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

wow that was an interesting result....

Day AND Game over... The narration will be done soon (hopefully by the end of the day.)

The FINAL narration is coming!
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity702 View Post
    wow that was an interesting result....

Day AND Game over... The narration will be done soon (hopefully by the end of the day.)

The FINAL narration is coming!
    Interesting? Don't tell me Death died and there is a draw?

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

*shrug* it would be ironic though.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

6. - Top - End - #366

NecromancerGirl

GAME END!

This was the end, it all came down to this. Moving slowly through the battlefield of the dead the remaining four players met in the middle. The four remaining people all knew that this could end badly for any of them.

Deathslayer, Jace Belren, stood satisfied with himself. He had found everything he needed on this plane... However the planeswalker Nicol Bolas scared him, the fact that he held so much power. Was down right terrifying, on top of that he had long since noticed the mysterious property of this skirmish it was designed to harness power, specifically the power of death. He knew Nicol Bolas was using this power to weave a spell... A spell to cause the shards to collide. When they did it would be within that rift, that Nicol Bolas would tap into a well of mana the likes of which the universe had never seen before. He shuddered at the thought, though he did not know what Nicol Bolas intended to do with that power but he knew it would not be something idle. He would have to return and try to foil that plan.

His mind was drawn back to the problem at hand the heated debate between the last three shards was becoming to strong to ignore.

Gray mage was obviously on the defensive it seemed that he would die today. The main question right now was would he be strong enough to take someone with him? If he was who would he take down?

Would it be Deathslayer the neutral who had sat back and watched the mayhem unfold?
    Or would it be Reinholdt the last surviving member of the great nation of bant, who fought so hard to see that he could survive to the end?
    Or would it be onime-no-enshi the one who reveled the most in death?

As the three matched on Gray mage, he charged claws flashing, it was happening someone would die....

The fight was short and sweet, in the end two of the people lay dead.... The winner clear and defined.

I must leave to try and figure out what Nicol Bolas is planning.... Will you be alright?

Reinholdt looked over at Death and nodded.... It was finally over.

Summary -
    Spoiler
    Show

Gray mage was lynched he was nacatal outlander
    Onime-no-Enishi was killed by the beast ability he was Extractor Demon

BANT WINS!
    AND DEATHSLAYER7 WINS!

Player list -
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]player|Roll|Died|Shard
    Tydude|Malfegor|Day 1|Grixis
    Billtodamax|Magister Sphinx|Night 1| Esper
    Aemoh|Sphinx Summoner|Night 1|Esper
    Internet Flea|Sarhkan|Night 1|Jund
    Ramsus|Goblin Outlander|Night 1|Jund
    Korias|Tezzeret|Day 2|Esper
    cd4|Menglonoth|Night 2|Naya
    Murska|Ajani Vengeant|Night 2| Naya
    Random_Person|Mirror-Sigil Sergeant|Night 2|Bant
    Mangosta71|Inkwell Leviathan|Night 2|Esper
    Orzel|Valeron Outlander|Night 3|Bant
    Fleeing Coward|Charnelhoard Wurm|Night 3|Jund
    Duneyrr|Voracious Dragon|Day 4|Jund
    Atreyu the Masked Llama|Nicol Bolas|Night 4|Grixis
    Lex-kat|Elspeth|Day 5|Bant
    Leta|Vedalken Outlander|Night 5|Esper
    Lady Tialait|Blood Tyrant|Day 6|Grixis
    Capt. Spanner|Bloodhall ooze|Night 6|Jund
    Zanshin|Giltspire Avenger|Night 7|Bant
    Gathraawn|Thornling|Day 8|Naya
    heroic|Zombie Outlander|Day 9|Grixis
    Qwaz|Clifrunner Behemoth|Day 10|Naya
    Gray Mage|Nacatal Outlander|Day 11|Naya
    Onime-no-Enishi|Extractor Demon|Day 11|Grixis
    Reinholdt|Noble Hierarch|WINNER|Bant
    Deathslayer7|Jace Belren|WINNER|Neutral
    [/table]

Questions -

First I would like to say, I needed a co-narrator for this. That much is now clear I apologize for the general crappieness towards the end of the game.

1) Did you enjoy the game?

2) Did you enjoy the narrations?

3) Will you play in the third and final installment? If so would you prefer it to have a more regular ww style? IE a group of evil people VS. Good guys? Or 1v1v1v1?

4) Comments/complaints -

5) Was the game balanced?
    Last edited by Wizibirb; 2011-03-21 at 10:07 PM.
    I am alive!

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

*cough cough* <.<

neutral

*cough cough*
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2011-03-21 at 10:02 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Whoo!! Go Team Bant!! Reverse last second win... for the win!

Well the gambit worked, but Onime could have just as easily won for his team. *shakes hand*
    You played well.

Oh and that stuff I may have implied about you deathslayer wasn't true at all. I know I certainly don't find you boring or anything. I just had to get the vote changed quickly and didn't know any other way except some reverse psychology and I'm sorry I did do it regardless.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-03-21 at 10:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

apology accepted.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh well, good game everyone, and congrats to the winners.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity702 View Post
    First I would like to say, I needed a co-narrator for this. That much is now clear I apologize for the general crappieness towards the end of the game.

Questions -
    1) Did you enjoy the game? Oh heck yeah!! Go Team Bant!! I think I had a great team. Too bad my bluffs ran out. But my team won, regardless. Way to go Reinholdt.

2) Did you enjoy the narrations? Loved them.

3) Will you play in the third and final installment? If so would you prefer it to have a more regular ww style? IE a group of evil people VS. Good guys? Or 1v1v1v1? I like this style for this game.

5) Was the game balanced? I'll get back to you on this.

4) Comments/complaints -If you really need a co-narrator, and no one volunteers, I may be available, depending on when you plan on running it.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Questions -

1) Did you enjoy the game? Yes, it was fun.

2) Did you enjoy the narrations? They were alright, i've seen you do better.

3) Will you play in the third and final installment? If so would you prefer it to have a more regular ww style? IE a group of evil people VS. Good guys? Or 1v1v1v1?

I like this style..and if you don't put a third installment...I will haunt you.....Ghostnappa style.

4) Comments/complaints - I wasn't the neutral beast....I totally should have been the neutral beast.

5) Was the game balanced? Don't ask me....

I added answers!

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

13. - Top - End - #373
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

rofl good game =p

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

The game was quite fun. Narrations fit the setting.

I'm still not sure how the Esper Alpha raise ability would have worked - he got offed before he had a chance to try to use it. Since we didn't actually see it in action, it's hard to say how it would balance against the others.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground

Meh, don't know exactly what Reinholdt did to convince DS7 that Naya was the shard that deserved to be his target but congrats all the same.

Felt like it began to drag toward the end. I thought this game would be quick with all those killers but they all got the chop so fast!

Yeah sure.

If it's like this then probably not. I prefer classic werewolf to multi-team, everyone has a power style mayhem.

4) Comments/complaints - Autolynches...Heroic.

5) Was the game balanced? Don't know. 3 shards down to one man alive at the end and a neutral. I suppose it's not bad balance there. I think the shards that went down early were more unlucky than underpowered.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

I died too early to really give any input, but it seemed balanced just from watching. I would definitely play again, and you should use the team format again. It's different and I always like different.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

I'd say the only problem with the balance is that the Neutral can't really lose. Nobody wants him dead, so he will pretty much always get to choose who wins unless he's randomly killed in the beginning.

See, killers are always the prime targets in a game such as this. They'll be offed very quickly, since everybody will join together in lynching them and there are a lot of scries and nightkills going around trying to find them.

Then, any time a single team starts to get ahead, the others will notice it and lynch members of that shard before there's a hope of lynch control. At this point, with no nightkills and only one lynch per phase, it'll quickly become pretty apparent who everyone is, with all the scries and other information plus voting records.

In the end, assuming the Neutral is still alive he will be the one to be able to bestow lynch control, since nobody from a team will usually just give up the game and allow a team to win. Everybody can easily calculate that if there's 5 players left and 2 of them are in one team, with 1 each in the other three, the three will need to band together to lynch one of the two.

To that end, I'd like for there to be some reason why the neutral won't be completely impartial and the deciding factor in the end game (force him to join a team at some point, have another neutral intent on killing him, have him withdraw from the game once he achieves a win...) and a larger number of different killing or vote-altering powers to be able to shake the balance in the end-game: Perhaps something like a few extra points to be used whenever in the game, joint-team-based powers such as a single team-kill per game, the ability to bestow additional votes upon others... things like that.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Yeah!! Go Team Bant!! Reinholdt.!!

Yeah. Great.

I liked this way. It was fun.

4) Comments/complaints -
    I dunno

5) Was the game balanced?
    Seemed balanced. Mostly luck wins the game til the end.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

19. - Top - End - #379

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I'd say the only problem with the balance is that the Neutral can't really lose. Nobody wants him dead, so he will pretty much always get to choose who wins unless he's randomly killed in the beginning.

See, killers are always the prime targets in a game such as this. They'll be offed very quickly, since everybody will join together in lynching them and there are a lot of scries and nightkills going around trying to find them.

Then, any time a single team starts to get ahead, the others will notice it and lynch members of that shard before there's a hope of lynch control. At this point, with no nightkills and only one lynch per phase, it'll quickly become pretty apparent who everyone is, with all the scries and other information plus voting records.

In the end, assuming the Neutral is still alive he will be the one to be able to bestow lynch control, since nobody from a team will usually just give up the game and allow a team to win. Everybody can easily calculate that if there's 5 players left and 2 of them are in one team, with 1 each in the other three, the three will need to band together to lynch one of the two.

To that end, I'd like for there to be some reason why the neutral won't be completely impartial and the deciding factor in the end game (force him to join a team at some point, have another neutral intent on killing him, have him withdraw from the game once he achieves a win...) and a larger number of different killing or vote-altering powers to be able to shake the balance in the end-game: Perhaps something like a few extra points to be used whenever in the game, joint-team-based powers such as a single team-kill per game, the ability to bestow additional votes upon others... things like that.
    Also, for those who didn't know the neutrals job was to outlast/kill the other planeswalkers.

So question, should I introduce another neutral then whos job is to hunt for the other neutral? Or should I just have the neutral leave when he wins?

Also what do people think about some of Murska's ideas? Like a team kill once per game?
    I am alive!