New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Your hypothetical situation fails to consider two fairly important things.

One, Seireitei takes these things very seriously. Karite-san is under strict surveillance and under the permanent effects of a limiter. I'm fairly sure our companions are competent enough to keep his worst side in check if he were to lose control - which I doubt he will, at least not too easily. And even so I doubt he would seek to hurt his friends' family unprovoked. What Taiki did was halfway up to taunting Karite-san's Hollow side.

Two, twins happen more often in my family. So chances are we'd have at least two children."

He blushes at that half-serious, half-jest statement. Plus the whole idea of them being married.
    "And you kind of failed to take into account that an emotional man is not a rational man at the same time very often. And you failed to name the twins." Aya replies with a grin, and the speed of her workout remains painfully slow, which takes a lot of muscle control and strength and the flush on her cheeks could suggest anything at this point.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

2. - Top - End - #932
    Orc in the Playground

"Hideo and Makoto.

I'd rather trust my close friend not to lose this battle. And render him all the support I could. Would I still fear for my family? Of course I would. But if it came to that, I would keep both him and my family alive.

What Taiki did is basically pushing all responsibility on Karite-san's shoulders. That's not the attitude of a man, much less that of a leader."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Oh, this next part is gonna freak you out."

Then, Soushi pointed his right index fingertip at his left arm. And without saying anything, a large discharge of lightning tears and evaporates his arm clean off. Masaru needs not think to identify it as Hadou 4, Byakurai.

Within a few scant seconds, Soushi's arm grows back, clothing and all.

"High speed regeneration. A mask. No pain. No fear. Starting to get the picture why I haven't exactly been telling everyone about this yet?"

He pointed at his own head next.

"I can survive anything short of sublimation on this as long as I have the Reiatsu to keep it running. Cutting off my head, bisecting me, tearing out my heart. It's all completely useless.

This turns me into a MONSTER, Masaru."
    Masaru nods thoughtfully as Soushi explains his abilities.

"Yes, I can see where it would, at least on an instinctual level, put many people off, especially those who don't know you well. It does sound like you have to watch your energy usage, though."

He gives his Vice-Captain a warm smile.

"And you and I both know you're no monster, whatever your bankai happens to do. You're a good man at heart, Soushi. That's what separates you from real monsters."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #934
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Aya's face now burns a crimson red.

"Then why don't you be a bigger man and talk to my Captain like one, instead of just attempting fisticuffs like boys on a sand pit? I'm sure he's open to reason, I believe in my Captain."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

5. - Top - End - #935
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Masaru nods thoughtfully as Soushi explains his abilities.

"Yes, I can see where it would, at least on an instinctual level, put many people off, especially those who don't know you well. It does sound like you have to watch your energy usage, though."

He gives his Vice-Captain a warm smile.

"And you and I both know you're no monster, whatever your bankai happens to do. You're a good man at heart, Soushi. That's what separates you from real monsters."
    Buhu... HUAHUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Man, can you BELIEVE this sap?! He's swallowing it all hook, line and sinker! I almost feel bad for the poor bastard.

"Oh yeah, this can be a pain to control. But I do have my ways of replenishing myself in this form. They can be... hard to access sometimes, but they're there.

Thanks for trying to cheer me up, Masaru. But I don't really blame them for thinking that way. A Zanpakutou is a reflection of its owner's innermost thoughts and feelings. Even if you say that, most people are going to look at this and wonder what the hell kind of monster I am inside."

Soushi dismisses his Bankai, returning to normal.

"How pathetic is that? I can't even invite the woman I want out to dinner properly without her shunning me."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #936
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Aya's face now burns a crimson red.

"Then why don't you be a bigger man and talk to my Captain like one, instead of just attempting fisticuffs like boys on a sand pit? I'm sure he's open to reason, I believe in my Captain."
    "You believe in him more than I do, Aya."

Somewhat suddenly, Shishiou flash-stepped in front of her just as her swords assumed a neutral position. His mask rested on one hand, while the other lovingly embraced her around the waist, pulling Aya a little closer. He looked straight into her eyes.

"I don't think he can be reasoned with on this issue. You said it yourself - emotion and rational thought don't mix. I invited him to that field giving him no idea that I was challenging him to a duel.

His Zanpakutou wasn't at his waist. Even if he is a master of Hakuda, I do not believe he would relinquish his Zanpakutou without reason. And the way he spoke to me - I could tell he was ready to cut me down."

At this point, Aya might notice a slowly growing electric spark on his forehead.

"I thought it might happen. I figured he might even attack me without warning as soon as I finished speaking. That's why I had Ranginjin at the ready even then."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ettin in the Playground

Just as Shishiou makes his passionate speech, a lone Jigokucho floats near his shoulder. It's hard to tell if the insect can tell it came in a bad moment, but it keeps quiet and flutters in place slightly reminescent of the way a human might avert their gaze and cough slightly to catch attention.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Buhu... HUAHUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Man, can you BELIEVE this sap?! He's swallowing it all hook, line and sinker! I almost feel bad for the poor bastard.

"Oh yeah, this can be a pain to control. But I do have my ways of replenishing myself in this form. They can be... hard to access sometimes, but they're there.

Thanks for trying to cheer me up, Masaru. But I don't really blame them for thinking that way. A Zanpakutou is a reflection of its owner's innermost thoughts and feelings. Even if you say that, most people are going to look at this and wonder what the hell kind of monster I am inside."

Soushi dismisses his Bankai, returning to normal.

"How pathetic is that? I can't even invite the woman I want out to dinner properly without her shunning me."
    "It's good that you know the strengths and weaknesses of your own powers. Know thyself, and you will win one out of every two battles.

As for cheering you up, I'd like to think we're friends and not just coworkers. But as for the reflection of yourself...it's all in perspective. After all, my swords may look noble and full of light...But the smell of burning flesh tends to get rid of that notion, even if it's Hollow flesh that's burning. Very few Shinigami have Zanpakutou that aren't ultimately strange, inventive ways to fight our enemies.
    "

A Soushi's admittance of liking a woman, Masaru gets a sly smile on his face.

"What's this now? You've got yourself a woman you'd like to ask to dinner? Maybe it's all in how you're asking?"

9. - Top - End - #939
    Orc in the Playground

"It's good that you know the strengths and weaknesses of your own powers. Know thyself, and you will win one out of every two battles.

As for cheering you up, I'd like to think we're friends and not just coworkers. But as for the reflection of yourself...it's all in perspective. After all, my swords may look noble and full of light...But the smell of burning flesh tends to get rid of that notion, even if it's Hollow flesh that's burning. Very few Shinigami have Zanpakutou that aren't ultimately strange, inventive ways to fight our enemies.
    "

A Soushi's admittance of liking a woman, Masaru gets a sly smile on his face.

"What's this now? You've got yourself a woman you'd like to ask to dinner? Maybe it's all in how you're asking?"
    "You might say that. She's Saiyuri-san."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-08-04 at 02:57 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"You might say that. She's Saiyuri-san."
    Masaru gave a long, low whistle that was one part amazement and one part admiration.

"You don't aim low, do you Soushi. Sayuri's good people, but she can be...somewhat formal, even standoffish. Some have found...well, suffice to say, not everyone is perfectly compatible with everyone.

Yet you nonetheless find her interesting. Hm. How serious about this are you?
    "

11. - Top - End - #941
    Orc in the Playground

"I have committed criminal acts for this express purpose." Deadpan. "Or so she says, anyway. What she calls 'criminal acts' I call 'stumbling upon massive coincidences'."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I have committed criminal acts for this express purpose." Deadpan. "Or so she says, anyway. What she calls 'criminal acts' I call 'stumbling upon massive coincidences'."
    Masaru's eyes close in a pained grimace, and he rubs the bridge of his nose.

"Do you mind explaining further so I can be prepared when she storms into my office with demands? I'd rather not face that situation totally unprepared."

13. - Top - End - #943
    Orc in the Playground

"I actually have a fully prepared report explaining the details of everything that happened. She believes I broke into her home once. She also believes I drugged her for the express purpose of dining with her unconscious body.

What actually happened: I had something I intended to give her and found her apartment unlocked. As for the whole 'I drugged her' fiasco, I found her unconscious on her desk from exhaustion, then brought her to 4th Division. They told me what it was, and I merely gave her a more... comfortable atmosphere to wake up in.

I've done the research. None of what I did is criminal. She's totally overreacting. And I'm the one getting drunk over it."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #944
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Karite almost choked on his drink as Seiko spoke about his captain. "Che. Idiot, I meant that I get more of a chance to train then you do. And your sword never shuts up, kinda like someone else I know..." He throws his friend a mock glare.

"Sparring?" He almost perks up at the word. "Sure Seiko, that sounds like a great idea!" He throws back his head, gulping down the rest of his drink, standing with Seiko. "Who knows, maybe I can find out why your sword doesn't want to give you a Bankai so badly. Because I have mine." He flashes Seiko a grin. "Course, you already know that."
    Seiko grins as Karite chokes on his drink. It's fun to watch him squirm. "Oh please, I don't talk that much. At least to most people."

When Karite jumps up, Seiko's grin grows. He could always count on Karite to be willing to come along for mutual beatings. "Then what are we doing here?" Seiko said, leading the way out of the bar. On the way out, he saw Captain Emet talking to...Tsukada-soutaichou? How long had they been there? How much had they heard? Seiko suddenly felt very embarrassed. He hadn't exactly been professional and captainly with Karite, but then again, Tsukada was drinking too, so he couldn't have too much moral high ground.

11th Division, 5th training ground

Once they had arrived at Seiko's favorite training ground, Seiko and Karite faced each other down about ten yards away from each other.

"All right, Karite-kun. I propose a three-stage spar: first round is only Hakuda, second round is Zanjutsu with sealed blades, and third round is with our Shikai. Sound good to you?"
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I actually have a fully prepared report explaining the details of everything that happened. She believes I broke into her home once. She also believes I drugged her for the express purpose of dining with her unconscious body.

What actually happened: I had something I intended to give her and found her apartment unlocked. As for the whole 'I drugged her' fiasco, I found her unconscious on her desk from exhaustion, then brought her to 4th Division. They told me what it was, and I merely gave her a more... comfortable atmosphere to wake up in.

I've done the research. None of what I did is criminal. She's totally overreacting. And I'm the one getting drunk over it."
    Masaru's rubbing his temples now.

"You're trying to give me a headache, aren't you."

He sighs and shakes his head as his hands fall to his sides. He looks to the east one last time, then turns and starts walking back into Seireitei.

"Come on, Soushi. Start sobering up. We have work to do."

16. - Top - End - #946
    Orc in the Playground

Masaru's rubbing his temples now.

"You're trying to give me a headache, aren't you."

He sighs and shakes his head as his hands fall to his sides. He looks to the east one last time, then turns and starts walking back into Seireitei.

"Come on, Soushi. Start sobering up. We have work to do."
    "You don't believe me. Not that I blame you, really." Soushi noted before tossing the bottle to the side wrapped in a sheet of paper. It seems to evaporate in thin air.

"Fine, Captain. If it'll make you feel any better."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"You don't believe me. Not that I blame you, really." Soushi noted before tossing the bottle to the side wrapped in a sheet of paper. It seems to evaporate in thin air.

"Fine, Captain. If it'll make you feel any better."
    "I'm getting a headache because I do believe you.

And it will make me feel a bit better. As I said, I intend to put myself through some intensive "refresher work". You will be taking the lion's share of the duties in that period. We need to make the arrangements for that.
    "

18. - Top - End - #948
    Orc in the Playground

"Sir, with all due respect, I've always been orders of magnitude more efficient with the paperwork than you have."

How nice! So the humans leave the cat to guard the milk.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #949
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Seiko grins as Karite chokes on his drink. It's fun to watch him squirm. "Oh please, I don't talk that much. At least to most people."

When Karite jumps up, Seiko's grin grows. He could always count on Karite to be willing to come along for mutual beatings. "Then what are we doing here?" Seiko said, leading the way out of the bar. On the way out, he saw Captain Emet talking to...Tsukada-soutaichou? How long had they been there? How much had they heard? Seiko suddenly felt very embarrassed. He hadn't exactly been professional and captainly with Karite, but then again, Tsukada was drinking too, so he couldn't have too much moral high ground.

11th Division, 5th training ground

Once they had arrived at Seiko's favorite training ground, Seiko and Karite faced each other down about ten yards away from each other.

"All right, Karite-kun. I propose a three-stage spar: first round is only Hakuda, second round is Zanjutsu with sealed blades, and third round is with our Shikai. Sound good to you?"
    "Yeah, you reserve your sarcasm for those you like most. And we feel so honored."

[11th Division, 5th Training Ground]

"Hn. Sounds like a good set Seiko." He removes his sword gently, placing it on the ground nearby. Then he faces Seiko, taking a loose stance. "Shall we?"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"You believe in him more than I do, Aya."

Somewhat suddenly, Shishiou flash-stepped in front of her just as her swords assumed a neutral position. His mask rested on one hand, while the other lovingly embraced her around the waist, pulling Aya a little closer. He looked straight into her eyes.

"I don't think he can be reasoned with on this issue. You said it yourself - emotion and rational thought don't mix. I invited him to that field giving him no idea that I was challenging him to a duel.

His Zanpakutou wasn't at his waist. Even if he is a master of Hakuda, I do not believe he would relinquish his Zanpakutou without reason. And the way he spoke to me - I could tell he was ready to cut me down."

At this point, Aya might notice a slowly growing electric spark on his forehead.

"I thought it might happen. I figured he might even attack me without warning as soon as I finished speaking. That's why I had Ranginjin at the ready even then."
    Aya gives a sigh, neither of them are wrong, and neither of them are very right either. There is no point in turning this into some argument.

Slowly sliding her swords back into her sheathe, she hugs Shishiou. "And if I was not around when he really wants to cut you down? It was a stroke of luck that I happened to be nearby. And you weren't this rationale when you went over to challenge him either. Things might escalate into a tragedy."

Aya sighs again as she buries her face in Shishiou's chest. "Hideo and Makoto eh?"
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Sir, with all due respect, I've always been orders of magnitude more efficient with the paperwork than you have."

How nice! So the humans leave the cat to guard the milk.
    "Only because you have a positively inhuman gift for it, Soushi. Paperwork is one of those areas I am only "average" at. No one is perfectly skilled in every area, after all."

22. - Top - End - #952
    Orc in the Playground

"Don't be silly. He might have seriously injured me. But I can assure you he wouldn't have killed me.

He has his wife and child to live for. I have you.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The twins will have to wait... seems I have work to do.

And when I get back from it, I'll treat you to a nice dinner."

And then he touched the Jigokuchou.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #953
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "Yeah, you reserve your sarcasm for those you like most. And we feel so honored."

[11th Division, 5th Training Ground]

"Hn. Sounds like a good set Seiko." He removes his sword gently, placing it on the ground nearby. Then he faces Seiko, taking a loose stance. "Shall we?"
    "The rounds end when one person either gives up or is struck on the neck." Seiko takes his sword and does the same as Karite, though his is a bit more vocal about it.

"Just what the hell do you think you're doing?! You take me out of this sheath and use me right now! He won't suspect it at all!" Seiko ignored his sword's cries and faced Karite. "Are you ready? Because no, you're not. Hope you don't mind me starting, I have a few new things to try out."

Seiko smirked before launching himself at Karite, almost but not quite blurring into a shunpo. But the confusing part is that he stopped himself right in front of Karite and, instead of attacking, suddenly vaulted over Karite's head, flipping in the air and delivering a side kick to the back of Karite's head.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Don't be silly. He might have seriously injured me. But I can assure you he wouldn't have killed me.

He has his wife and child to live for. I have you.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The twins will have to wait... seems I have work to do.

And when I get back from it, I'll treat you to a nice dinner."

And then he touched the Jigokuchou.
    Aya nods and continues her training.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Near 4th Division]

A teary-eyed zombie girl backs up from Goro, and screams back at him despite her quivering lips.

"I'm not a little girl, I'm a monster! Why else would no one want to love me?!"

With that, she runs off. But not far. She doesn't get past the entrance to 4th headquarters before collapsing into a ball of tears and hiding in a corner.
    Goro doesn't bother to chase after her at top speed: she's not moving fast enough to hurt anything. He instead walks after her, her reaction bringing to mind how things had been a mere six score years ago...

Eventually arriving beside the little creature's hiding spot, he lowers himself until his eyes are about on-level with hers, and offers his sword-cleaning cloth: he doesn't catch cold frequently enough to carry a handkerchief.

"You've lived... apparently as long as you can remember... in a place where people find it hard to care for themselves, let alone a little girl like you. Your looks don't do you any favors, but trust me when I say that a normal-looking child wouldn't find it much easier."

A brief cloud passes over Goro's face, but he presses on.

"It does not mean you are unloveable. It does not mean you are a monster. You are just a strange little girl who has made some mistakes. And here, in the Seireitei, that can eventually be overcome. If you will listen to me, I think that you can find a family. After all, Nasumi-san did. So did I."
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Meanwhile...

A note is left for Aya and Taro.

Spoiler
    Show
    Please come to my office.
    -TT
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

27. - Top - End - #957
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Meanwhile...

Spoiler
    Show
    -TT
    A note but not a Jigokuchou? Aya wonders as she proceeds to her Captain's office the moment she receives her note.

Knocking on the door a few times before entering, Aya wonders what this meeting is for. "Forth Seat Konpaku Aya reporting."

--------------------------------------------------

4th Division

It appears that she is ready to introduce gradually her new training regime for her squad members. Akira smiles with some small satisfaction and knows that despite her relatively short time as Captain, and over a hundred years of absence in Seireitei, it might be hard to make herself known and heard again. But the duty of the Captain is to ready his or her Division, and this is what she will do.

Taking a leaf from her long-term mission, the need for physical and mental strength is essential specifically when it comes to being the team's medical officer as well. A surgeon's nerves of steel must translate directly to a combatant's indomitable will to win the battle, survive with minimal injuries and outlast with no casualties.

Sending her reports out to every 4th Division member, the first phase is a series of physical fitness tests in the form of a sports festival. The second phase uses the individual data collected on every participant and to group them according to how much help they can give and receive from each other and allow them to receive a series of gradually harder training sessions. Lastly she would use the time during the training to petition for the sports festival to be applied throughout all Gotei 13 Division, and use the improved results of her Division as both proof of the effectiveness of their training and a platform to show them a 4th Division that has been underestimated for far too long.

Smiling, she begins to issue Jigokuchou to all her Division members.

Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings 4th Division members, On your next available day off, please proceed to the first training ground of the Division for your physical fitness test. We would conduct an internal sports festival in the near future based on the data collected in this round of tests.

That day off will be compensated at a later time. Before your arrival for the test, you are advised to be in proper sports attire and conduct your own warm-up exercises. Both are important components in the data acquisition as well.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-08-05 at 11:48 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

28. - Top - End - #958
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Meanwhile...

Spoiler
    Show
    -TT
    Day 20, post dinnere

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division:
    (leaving Sushi bar and Goro on way to 10th Barracks)

Taro walked a bit slower on his way back to the 10th barracks, there were bustling shopkeepers and citizens moving all around him in the streets near this market, and he looked almost like a slowly moving mountain passing by silently, in the waning day.

The shopkeeper bringing up that old bout, and his family. They were a jumble of feelings, pride and self-worth for his past sumo accomplishments and what he has achieved as a Soul Reaper, anger at his parents and family...especially his father at their all but disownment of him after he joined the Gotei, sadness at how much he missed his family...especially his father.

Taro walked on and looked to the sky, arching his thick neck up to the clouds and dying rays of the late day sun. Squinting he took a breath in and then looked forward letting it out. Noticing a small child holding out a pen and a youthful picture of Taro as a Sumo champion, Taro's unforgettable and cheery grin returned in an instant.

Without speaking he reached down and took up the pen and picture signing it quickly and handed it back to the child, then patted the kid on his head messing up his hair as he twirled his large hand on the kids head.

The kid bowed low and turned to head off, Taro looked to the older man who was trying to look inconspicuous behind a cart of goods. Taro nodded to the man respectfully, and smiled a bit but shaking his head just a little as Taro then began to move on.

It wasnt the first time people had gotten children to get his autograph for them, Taro didnt know if it was because they were scared of him or if they were too ashamed to let themselves seem an overgrown child in front of him. Nevertheless, Taro respected his old fans and even if using subterfuge to pay their respects to him, he would not deny them. Taro remembered well his days as Sumo, until the end...but even despite the unfortunate turn it took he couldnt help but feel it was fate...as it brought him to the Gotei and his new "family" in the 10th.

Taro walked on for a while unbothered, until a messenger brought a note to him and then sped off, it was from the Captain. Taro nodded to the Shinigami as he left.

"finally..." Taro thought to himself having wondered where the Captain had been for some time.

As his Captain;s messages often were, it was short and to the point, and Taro upped his speed a bit as he now made a straight line for the 10th and the Captain's office.

---

He arrived at the Captain's office not much later.

He knocked on the door with his customary ONE knock, a custom formed due to several broken and splintered doors which Taro had accidentally broken knocking several times.

"3rd Seat, Taro Banzuke reporting"

His voice was even and tempered, and learnedly loud enough for the Captain inside to hear him.

-

29. - Top - End - #959
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    4th Division

It appears that she is ready to introduce gradually her new training regime for her squad members. Akira smiles with some small satisfaction and knows that despite her relatively short time as Captain, and over a hundred years of absence in Seireitei, it might be hard to make herself known and heard again. But the duty of the Captain is to ready his or her Division, and this is what she will do.

Taking a leaf from her long-term mission, the need for physical and mental strength is essential specifically when it comes to being the team's medical officer as well. A surgeon's nerves of steel must translate directly to a combatant's indomitable will to win the battle, survive with minimal injuries and outlast with no casualties.

Sending her reports out to every 4th Division member, the first phase is a series of physical fitness tests in the form of a sports festival. The second phase uses the individual data collected on every participant and to group them according to how much help they can give and receive from each other and allow them to receive a series of gradually harder training sessions. Lastly she would use the time during the training to petition for the sports festival to be applied throughout all Gotei 13 Division, and use the improved results of her Division as both proof of the effectiveness of their training and a platform to show them a 4th Division that has been underestimated for far too long.

Smiling, she begins to issue Jigokuchou to all her Division members.

Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings 4th Division members, On your next available day off, please proceed to the first training ground of the Division for your physical fitness test. We would conduct an internal sports festival in the near future based on the data collected in this round of tests.

That day off will be compensated at a later time. Before your arrival for the test, you are advised to be in proper sports attire and conduct your own warm-up exercises. Both are important components in the data acquisition as well.

Sun Wha stared in disbelief at the Jigokuchou as it fluttered away, its message delivered. Take a day off for an internal sports festival? In a division full of doctors? How could the entire medical division possible take a day off at the same time? It was almost guaranteed that if the 4th division took a day off, every person in Soul Society would need a doctor for some reason or another. And it wasn't like they had replacements readily available. Just what was Akira-taichou thinking? Well, far be it for Sun Wha to question her captain, she probably knew what she was doing.

Sun Wha paced around her office, thinking. She was seeing a patient from 10th who was suffering from hemophilia (not the best disease for a Shinigami) as well as a particularly unfortunate member of 8th who suffered from a very distressing affliction of the nether regions that made even Sun Wha uncomfortable. She'd have to clear those out of the way as soon as possible; Akira-taichou hadn't mentioned when the festival would be, but it would probably be sooner rather than later, if it was for data-gathering purposes. Sun Wha sighed and prepared for a long day. She hoped that Zombie-chan and Goro-kun were having an easier time of things than she was.
    Star Wars iTP characters

30. - Top - End - #960
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Goro doesn't bother to chase after her at top speed: she's not moving fast enough to hurt anything. He instead walks after her, her reaction bringing to mind how things had been a mere six score years ago...

Eventually arriving beside the little creature's hiding spot, he lowers himself until his eyes are about on-level with hers, and offers his sword-cleaning cloth: he doesn't catch cold frequently enough to carry a handkerchief.

"You've lived... apparently as long as you can remember... in a place where people find it hard to care for themselves, let alone a little girl like you. Your looks don't do you any favors, but trust me when I say that a normal-looking child wouldn't find it much easier."

A brief cloud passes over Goro's face, but he presses on.

"It does not mean you are unloveable. It does not mean you are a monster. You are just a strange little girl who has made some mistakes. And here, in the Seireitei, that can eventually be overcome. If you will listen to me, I think that you can find a family. After all, Nasumi-san did. So did I."
    A few minutes passes as the zombie girl sits in relative silence, only broken by an occasional sniffle.

Eventually she stands, her face a right mess. It looks like she cried embalming fluid, as her cheeks are stained with a yellowish tint. However, she seems not to mind.

"...I'm ready to go, zom."

No more is said, but her eyes tell a different story. Where she was once sullen, Goro might be able to detect a slight hint of hope.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!