New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Re: Portal 2: The Cake Is Still A Lie

Well, I haven't seen it anywhere in this thread yet, so here goes:
    From MiracleofSound, the guy who brought you the awesome "Minin' all day long" and "Commander Shepard" comes a new Portal 2 song.

Warning: contains spoilers to Portal 2, Harry Potter & Star Wars.
    Also, very catchy.
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

2. - Top - End - #632

Default Re: Portal 2: The Cake Is Still A Lie

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It's possible, just horribly unstable. Good job on doing something that would take hours of frustration and work to repeat.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

If the laws of physics no longer apply in the future, god help you.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    Well, I haven't seen it anywhere in this thread yet, so here goes:
    From MiracleofSound, the guy who brought you the awesome "Minin' all day long" and "Commander Shepard" comes a new Portal 2 song.

Warning: contains spoilers to Portal 2, Harry Potter & Star Wars.
    Also, very catchy.
    Heh. The singer says: "My IQ's the infinite space from here to the moon". That's a finite amount of space, and (aside from one teapot) it's ALL EMPTY.
    How appropriate.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Heh. The singer says: "My IQ's the infinite space from here to the moon". That's a finite amount of space, and (aside from one teapot) it's ALL EMPTY.
    How appropriate.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the point of the line.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

7. - Top - End - #637

DwarfClericGuy

Yes, that was the intention of the line.
    And now I can't get that song out of my head.
    Wait, a teapot?
    Last edited by SKarious; 2011-05-09 at 06:52 AM.

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

8. - Top - End - #638
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just played through the single player a second time while I wait for a friend to do co-op with. Got all the single player achievements. It's really worth getting the 'smash tv' achievement, if only for the dialogue along the way.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, that was the intention of the line.
    And now I can't get that song out of my head.
    Wait, a teapot?
    Yeah, the teapot that is impossible to prove the nonexistaince of. Thought experiment parodying religon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #640

DwarfClericGuy

Ah, that teapot. I like my religious parodies to be of the unicorn variety.

Wait. Just had a brainwave!
    After watching Yahtzee's review of Portal (and the other Orange Box games) again,
    Spoiler
    Show

And hearing Cave's rant -
    Do you think Valve IS planning to give us a lemon bazooka in the next game?

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, that teapot. I like my religious parodies to be of the unicorn variety.

Wait. Just had a brainwave!
    After watching Yahtzee's review of Portal (and the other Orange Box games) again,
    Spoiler
    Show

And hearing Cave's rant -
    Do you think Valve IS planning to give us a lemon bazooka in the next game?
    What?!
    Where did lemon bazookas come up in the review? And how will the current end of Portal 2 give any possible sequel? It's a bit different than the way they ended Portal 1 and edited the ending, because the original ending of 1 was somewhat vague as far as what happened. Also, for Portal 2's ending, they'd need to change the entire credits song.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #642

Quote Originally Posted by master256 View Post
    What?!
    And how will the current end of Portal 2 give any possible sequel? ... Also, for Portal 2's ending, they'd need to change the entire credits song.
    Well, the song mostly just says, IIRC, that she hopes to have less problems by getting rid of you. "Go away and don't come back." What if Chell returns?

Further, the co-op ending is different from the single-player and gives at least two distinct possibilities for continuing with a sequel.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

They could do Portal 3 without Chell, but that wouldn't feel right somehow, yet Portal is really about Aperature Science, so if they had Chell outside the testing labs it wouldn't feel like Portal either.

I can think of a couple ways they could make a sequel, but they would all scream "WE WANT MORE MONEY, SOMEBODY PUT CHELL BACK IN THE TESTING CHAMBERS!".

Currently, there is only one way I can think to do Portal 3 properly, and that would be a Prequel. Either the early days of Aperature, with Cave Johnson yelling at you, or the last Fall, revealing how Chell got trapped in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

14. - Top - End - #644
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

So, a game that occurs between P1 and P2? A "midquel"?

15. - Top - End - #645
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    So, a game that occurs between P1 and P2? A "midquel"?
    No, a Prequal, before Portal 1. We don't know how Chell ended up in the enrichment center in the first place. This would be that story.

Edit: Though my personal "This would be awesome though it makes absolutely no sense" is a cyborg-Chell with a pair of Robotic arms. Her right arm fires Orange Portals and holds GLaDos (if she can be stored in a potato she can be stored in a robo-arm), her left fires Blue Portals and stores Wheatley.
    This makes no sense, but it would give us an entire game of GLaDoS-Wheatly banter, plus at least one instance where Chell shuts them up by clapping her hands.

Edit II: Or "Aperture Tales #1: Cave Johnson vs the Mantis Men", tagline, "Now your thinking with combustible lemons"

Edit III, son of Edit: Or Chell gets sent back in time, and must use her skill with portals to help Cave defeat the Mantis Men. Chell and Cave then proceed to travel through various video game continuities, solving problems with a combination of Portals, Combustible Lemons, and Science.

"She's a brain damaged test subject with a portal gun and off-the charts tenacity, he's a shower curtain magnate with a laser that turns blood into gasoline and a thirst for Science. Together, They Fight Crime"
    Last edited by BRC; 2011-05-09 at 11:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    No, a Prequal, before Portal 1. We don't know how Chell ended up in the enrichment center in the first place. This would be that story.

Edit: Though my personal "This would be awesome though it makes absolutely no sense" is a cyborg-Chell with a pair of Robotic arms. Her right arm fires Orange Portals and holds GLaDos (if she can be stored in a potato she can be stored in a robo-arm), her left fires Blue Portals and stores Wheatley.
    This makes no sense, but it would give us an entire game of GLaDoS-Wheatly banter, plus at least one instance where Chell shuts them up by clapping her hands.

Edit II: Or "Aperture Tales #1: Cave Johnson vs the Mantis Men", tagline, "Now your thinking with combustible lemons"

Edit III, son of Edit: Or Chell gets sent back in time, and must use her skill with portals to help Cave defeat the Mantis Men. Chell and Cave then proceed to travel through various video game continuities, solving problems with a combination of Portals, Combustible Lemons, and Science.

"She's a brain damaged test subject with a portal gun and off-the charts tenacity, he's a shower curtain magnate with a laser that turns blood into gasoline and a thirst for Science. Together, They Fight Crime"
    Time travelling paradoxes. Yummy.

Maybe Chell can travel into our dimension and give Gabe the bopping he so richly deserves for holding out on HL2:Ep 3/HL3 for so long. GIVE HIM LEMONS I SAY!
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-09 at 11:09 AM.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

I'm busy reading through the whole thread, just to see what people thought of it. I came across something that I actually would like to state on my walk through.

Spoiler
    Show
    Back where you're suppose to put the defective turret in the scanner, it actually took me forever to solve it. In fact, when it said it was "Going off memory", I thought you had to scan yourself to stop turret production, because you could only jump when you tried to say apple. Then I got the achievement, and thought I solved it. But turrets were still being made, and then I had to start looking around.

More comments on my playthrough to come. Like:

Spoiler
    Show
    At the lightbridge over the pit. I had gotten all the way through to the cube, and then was busy, jump/portal/jump/portal to get the bridge to rise and got all the way to the top, yet was still unable to get out of the pit. I then thought, "How do I do it no-?"

*Looks to portal where lightbridge is coming through*

*Facepalms*
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2011-05-09 at 11:16 AM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Back where you're suppose to put the defective turret in the scanner, it actually took me forever to solve it. In fact, when it said it was "Going off memory", I thought you had to scan yourself to stop turret production, because you could only jump when you tried to say apple. Then I got the achievement, and thought I solved it. But turrets were still being made, and then I had to start looking around.
    I had accidental foresight for that part:
    Spoiler
    Show

I saw the turrets being thrown over the catwalk when I came in to the room, and released I should be able to catch one. I didn't realised that I would need one. I just though it was a cool place where you could catch as many turrets as you wanted for fun
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

19. - Top - End - #649
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I did the same thing. I walked into the turret scanning-room all "I saved a broken turret! ^_^ ...Huh, I actually need him!"

20. - Top - End - #650
    Firbolg in the Playground

More comments on my playthrough to come. Like:

Spoiler
    Show
    At the lightbridge over the pit. I had gotten all the way through to the cube, and then was busy, jump/portal/jump/portal to get the bridge to rise and got all the way to the top, yet was still unable to get out of the pit. I then thought, "How do I do it no-?"

*Looks to portal where lightbridge is coming through*

*Facepalms*
    That's a common problem. Well, not necessarily that specific one, but the problem of only thinking about the light bridges and excursion funnels and forgetting that you can go through the portals too.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

21. - Top - End - #651
    Troll in the Playground

I'm busy reading through the whole thread, just to see what people thought of it. I came across something that I actually would like to state on my walk through.

Spoiler
    Show
    My main problem was that

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't see the portal surface inside the cabin. So I was going around, with the broken turret in tow, thinking "how the hell do I get this thing in hereeeeeeeee " for fifteen minutes straight

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    I had accidental foresight for that part:
    Spoiler
    Show

I saw the turrets being thrown over the catwalk when I came in to the room, and released I should be able to catch one. I didn't realised that I would need one. I just though it was a cool place where you could catch as many turrets as you wanted for fun
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Yeah, I did the same thing. I walked into the turret scanning-room all "I saved a broken turret! ^_^ ...Huh, I actually need him!"
    I didn't think to do that, instead when it became apparent that I needed one I headed back and Wheatley shouts "Wait! Where are you going, where are you going?.... Awww have you got an idea?".

That gave me a wonderful point and click adventure vibe as thats just the sort of thing characters say to let you know you're on the right track.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2011-05-09 at 05:12 PM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

.... I spent a while thinking I had to go back and find a way to put the Oracle Turret into the scanner. Heh heh.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    So, I have yet to play this game, but I was watching a friend play it, and I saw the end. The boss battle looked a little lackluster, mostly an upgrade of Portal's boss battle, but the ending itself was RIDICULOUS and SPECTACULAR and BEAUTIFUL. The turret song is ridiculously catchy and heavenly, in its own strange way.
    The ending is really nice, but for some fool reason, on my computer, the sound starts skiskiskiskiskiskipping when the elevator ride starts. ARRRGH.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I totally called it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Also, Portal needs an official map editor. That way we can be as fail-tastic at designing puzzles as Wheatley.
    And now, Valve is releasing a version of the tools they used to build the official maps.

26. - Top - End - #656

I can't wait. I want more co-op maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    ...Blackfox and Raven. They are two fine upstanding ladies aside from their disturbing lack of reloading, Doctor Freeman.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Raven gets one free LOL from me. Start collecting LOL's now!
    Also known as Raven, and various derivations thereof.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    I totally called it.

And now, Valve is releasing a version of the tools they used to build the official maps.
    You called that a company that releases SDKs for all of of their games was going to release the SDK for their latest game having already stated plans to release an SDK for it.

[clap clap]

Good, that's still working.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

Any idea if there's a way to buy one copy of the game and play it simultaneously on 2 computers? Offline mode doesn't count, since I'm aiming for co-op. I have found a way to do LAN co-op, so it being one account doesn't matter.
    EDIT: Never mind, just re-read the instructions below and realized that since only one needs to be in Online mode, it doesn't actually matter that I only have 1 copy.
    If you're interested, LAN is accessed by the following method:
    On the first PC(steam in online mode):
    1. Click on Play Cooperative Game so that you can see a list of your steam friends
    2. Go to console and type 'sv_lan 1' and press enter
    3. Type map mp_coop_lobby_2 (or mp_coop_start)

On the second PC(steam in offline mode)
    1. From main menu go into developer console
    2. While first PC is loading the map, type 'connect <First PC's IP address>' into the console and press enter.
    It will not save data for PC 2, however.
    the _lobby_2 is the Hub ,the _start is the first levels, pre-hub.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2011-05-11 at 07:25 PM.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    You called that a company that releases SDKs for all of of their games was going to release the SDK for their latest game having already stated plans to release an SDK for it.

[clap clap]

Good, that's still working.
    Well, in case you thought you'd get a quick hundred bucks betting against the sun rising...

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm playing around in with the authoring tools but I can't figure out how to make a half block sized wall or how to lower a wall by half a block. Anyone here that can help me out?
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled