New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Easy Exploit Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Rot View Post
    Did you know that you can extremely extend your lifetime by using the Ungent of Timelessness on yourself? It says that it can be used on any matter that was once living. You were living 5 seconds ago... Effective Immortality!(from age)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inevitables may come after you though... Arguable.
    Meh, not really, it only multiplies it by 365, so its not immortality, though that is a very large boost to longevity.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Still considerable though, If you're a Thri-Keen, you can actually live longer than about 25-30ish years if I'm correct.
    Last edited by Deep Rot; 2011-09-21 at 09:19 AM.
    AI in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Blasting isn't T3. It's either T2 (you're Mailman enough to kill everything) or T4 (you're an over-glorified archer).

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

easier to just have contingent last breaths, though, if you're seriously into immortality, no?

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

If you want a DMG thrown at you, try this:

1) Buy a wizard's spellbook with 100 pages
    2) cast explosive runes on every page
    3) throw the book over to someone you want to vaporize
    4) cast dispel magic on the book

If you find a way to make it impossible for the dispel check to succeed (i.e. taking levels in IotSV then casting the dispel from a scroll), all 100 explosive runes will detonate simultaneously when they aren't dispelled. This will result in anything adjacent to the book taking 600D6 force damage, no save. Anything within 10 feet gets a reflex save for half damage (which still comes out to more than a thousand on average).

This is lovingly referred to as a Boombox

Now, a word of caution. Having a boombox on your person is extremely dangerous. I have had a character come to a sudden and very red-misty end by going through a dispel-magic trap with one of these in his pack.
    Last edited by Etrivar; 2011-09-22 at 02:27 PM.
    Soooooo... About that elf lady.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    Remember kids: Stabbing someone in the gut five times is peaceful if you previously hit them over the head.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Firbolg in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Etrivar View Post
    Now, a word of caution. Having a boombox on your person is extremely dangerous. I have had a character come to a sudden and very red-misty end by going through a dispel-magic trap with one of these in his pack.
    He shouldn't have. There is no LoE to it if it is in the pack.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

It was done as an area dispel. So unless I can protect myself from dispels by holding up a sheet, that logic, unfortunately, doesn't work.
    Last edited by Etrivar; 2011-09-22 at 04:47 PM.

Remember kids: Stabbing someone in the gut five times is peaceful if you previously hit them over the head.

7. - Top - End - #337

It was done as an area dispel. So unless I can protect myself from dispels by holding up a sheet, that logic, unfortunately, doesn't work.
    Holding up a sheet, no. Rolling around in a riverine hamster ball, on the other hand....
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

Current Characters:

Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

If you want a DMG thrown at you, try this:

If you find a way to make it impossible for the dispel check to succeed (i.e. taking levels in IotSV then casting the dispel from a scroll), all 100 explosive runes will detonate simultaneously when they aren't dispelled. This will result in anything adjacent to the book taking 600D6 force damage, no save. Anything within 10 feet gets a reflex save for half damage (which still comes out to more than a thousand on average).

This is lovingly referred to as a Boombox

I did something similar too this. I put an Arcane mark on the forehead of a temporarily controlled mindless undead servant of the evil Necromancer and then spammed the **** out of explosive runes via wands. By the time we let it go report back to the necromancer, I had a good few hundred castings on it. When the explosion went off, nothing but a crater was left of the Tower.

DM handed out insane RP and style points for that one, was so impressed he showed us what we'd have had the chance to loot form the tower if we'd gone in in classic fashion, then he gave us 1.5 times that and experience as though we'd just go in and killed the crap out of everything in there that moved.
    "I Burn!"

9. - Top - End - #339

HalflingPirate

Seriously, you should check this out. Area spells require LoE, too.
    Last edited by dextercorvia; 2011-09-22 at 10:37 PM.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Persisted Mass Lesser Vigor solves all healing problems.

"Or we could summon a horde of angels." - Gate any creature, that has Gate as a spell or SLA. You know the rest.
    Candle of Invocation (Lawful Evil) - call an Efreet and use one of the wishes to get another Candle.
    I've probably been swordsaged, but that no longer works in pathfinder.

The candle of invocation thing probably does.

You can still have fun though, with a dim G.M.

For example:
    Get powerful blow rage power, and any others that occur once/rage.
    Wait until tireless rage at 17th level, or have a mage Friend ready with remove fatigue.
    Rage.
    Use all the once-a-rage powers simultaneously.
    Stop raging, end round.
    Next round: Start raging...

Edit:

oooh, nasty.
    Last edited by Doorhandle; 2011-09-23 at 02:40 AM.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

I recently started making spellcaster, so I came across this cool trick:

Their are some things (oneiramancy, rainbow servant) that add spells to your class list, but its balanced out by having to pick between spells from that list or your own list when you level up. However, several classes cast from their entire class list, so this is essentially just free spell expansion (iirc, the rainbow servant adds the entire cleric spell list, so you are now a better cleric than the cleric, spell-wise). On a relevant note, A dip into sandshaper adds a bunch of spells to your spells known. For prepared casters, they still have to prepare them as normal. A spontaneous caster, however, can take much greater use of this desert insight.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    I recently started making spellcaster, so I came across this cool trick:

Their are some things (oneiramancy, rainbow servant) that add spells to your class list, but its balanced out by having to pick between spells from that list or your own list when you level up. However, several classes cast from their entire class list, so this is essentially just free spell expansion (iirc, the rainbow servant adds the entire cleric spell list, so you are now a better cleric than the cleric, spell-wise). On a relevant note, A dip into sandshaper adds a bunch of spells to your spells known. For prepared casters, they still have to prepare them as normal. A spontaneous caster, however, can take much greater use of this desert insight.
    Um, sorry, but no. Oneiromancy from Heroes of Horror doesn't grant you any new spells, it's improved version doesn't either, rather it adds spells to your available spell list and only six spells in total (spells not really worth the time either).

Rainbow Servant doesn't add the entire cleric spell list either, it only grants access to the Good, Air, and Law domains. Rather at 10th level you gain Cleric Spell Access, which while it allows you to use spells from the entire list, it doesn't add to the bonus spells per day. Considering this is a prestige class and you're still limited by level on which spells are available, you're about as good as a cleric with no domain limitation from a god (which can and does exist as an option).

The Sandshaper is the easiest PrC to get into of the two listed. Though in a gestalt game I could see both being used.

However you're completely correct on Sandshaper.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Two words: Handy Haversack. Nothing quite beats extradimensional storage for denying line-of-effect.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2011-09-23 at 06:53 AM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Not sure if this'd count as 'easy' due to the level requirements, but you can create epic spells instantly, for free, with a 0 casting DC. All you need is a high charisma, Epic Leadership, and Legendary Commander. Have all your followers be spellcasters, and design all your epic spells as rituals, with a number of casters equal to the number of followers you have.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by dextercorvia View Post
    Seriously, you should check this out. Area spells require LoE, too.

Cool, the first investment all of my spellcasters are making from now on is a piece of leather they can hold up in front of themselves in order to protect from dispels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tar Palantir View Post
    Holding up a sheet, no. Rolling around in a riverine hamster ball, on the other hand....
    Could you impel the ball to roll by holding a defenestrating sphere up against it?
    Last edited by Etrivar; 2011-09-23 at 12:34 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346

HalflingPirate

Cool, the first investment all of my spellcasters are making from now on is a piece of leather they can hold up in front of themselves in order to protect from dispels.

Could you impel the ball to roll by holding a defenestrating sphere up against it?
    They have to be completely (nearly) surrounded to break LoE, and then, they won't have LoE to anything else. It's kind of a fair trade.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    For example:
    Get powerful blow rage power, and any others that occur once/rage.
    Wait until tireless rage at 17th level, or have a mage Friend ready with remove fatigue.
    Rage.
    Use all the once-a-rage powers simultaneously.
    Stop raging, end round.
    Next round: Start raging...
    That should not work...
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    A barbarian can fly into a rage only once per encounter.
    Unless you can somehow convince the DM that the next round constitutes a different encounter...

18. - Top - End - #348
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Vladislav View Post
    That should not work...

Unless you can somehow convince the DM that the next round constitutes a different encounter...
    That's from 3.5e. Doorhandle was talking about Pathfinder. Pathfinder's version of that rule is:
    A barbarian can end her rage as a free action and is fatigued after rage for a number of rounds equal to 2 times the number of rounds spent in the rage. A barbarian cannot enter a new rage while fatigued or exhausted but can otherwise enter rage multiple times during a single encounter or combat. If a barbarian falls unconscious, her rage immediately ends, placing her in peril of death.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

19. - Top - End - #349

Quote Originally Posted by Xtomjames View Post
    Um, sorry, but no. Oneiromancy from Heroes of Horror doesn't grant you any new spells, it's improved version doesn't either, rather it adds spells to your available spell list and only six spells in total (spells not really worth the time either).

Rainbow Servant doesn't add the entire cleric spell list either, it only grants access to the Good, Air, and Law domains. Rather at 10th level you gain Cleric Spell Access, which while it allows you to use spells from the entire list, it doesn't add to the bonus spells per day. Considering this is a prestige class and you're still limited by level on which spells are available, you're about as good as a cleric with no domain limitation from a god (which can and does exist as an option).

The Sandshaper is the easiest PrC to get into of the two listed. Though in a gestalt game I could see both being used.

you're not understanding, I think. warmage, beguiler, and dread necromancer can spontaneously from all spells on their list. sure, they don't explicitly grant spells known -- but they add them to your spell list, and those classes use that entire list as spells known.

20. - Top - End - #350

Quote Originally Posted by sreservoir View Post
    you're not understanding, I think. warmage, beguiler, and dread necromancer can spontaneously from all spells on their list. sure, they don't explicitly grant spells known -- but they add them to your spell list, and those classes use that entire list as spells known.
    Just link him to the handbook.
    Doc Roc: We're going to eat ourselves.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xtomjames View Post

Um, dude, Rainbow Servant is considered one of if not THE most broken Prestige Classes in the game for the ability to play Beguiler or Warmage 6, then take that class for ten levels, not lose any spell casting, and at level 16 be able to cast that entire classes spell list as a 16th level member of the entry class, AND cast as a 16th cleric using which ever entry class you had casting stat as the casting stat for cleric levels.
    "I Burn!"

22. - Top - End - #352

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Um, dude, Rainbow Servant is considered one of if not THE most broken Prestige Classes in the game for the ability to play Beguiler or Warmage 6, then take that class for ten levels, not lose any spell casting, and at level 16 be able to cast that entire classes spell list as a 16th level member of the entry class, AND cast as a 16th cleric using which ever entry class you had casting stat as the casting stat for cleric levels.
    er, it's really not broken. extremely powerful, yes. broken, no. you still have to play by all the rules.

broken are like, tainted scholar, or planar shepard, or dweomerkeeper.
    Last edited by sreservoir; 2011-09-23 at 03:01 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by sreservoir View Post
    er, it's really not broken. extremely powerful, yes. broken, no. you still have to play by all the rules.

broken are like, tainted scholar, or planar shepard, or dweomerkeeper.
    This. Full list access is nice but bugged dcs, ten rounds of action in a row, Su. Casting, and full metamagic negation in the case of mindmage will mess **** up without even trying.
    Doc Roc: We're going to eat ourselves.

24. - Top - End - #354

GnomeWizardGuy

Hulking Hurler + Bloodstorm Blade = scouting anywhere an ally would like to go, assuming I understand the classes correctly. You may need to throw in some Drunken Master for Improvised Weapon Proficiency if your allies don't count as "weapons" otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

25. - Top - End - #355
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Hulking Hurler + Bloodstorm Blade = scouting anywhere an ally would like to go, assuming I understand the classes correctly. You may need to throw in some Drunken Master for Improvised Weapon Proficiency if your allies don't count as "weapons" otherwise.
    I... had not considered that use of Bloodstorm Blade. I'm not sure Drunken Master would really work for that, but there is a Hurl Ally (or something like that) feat, I think in Races of Stone. I'll have to look it up later.

Anyway, it sounds hilarious.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2011-09-23 at 04:19 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

They have to be completely (nearly) surrounded to break LoE, and then, they won't have LoE to anything else. It's kind of a fair trade.
    How about a hamster ball with a hatch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

27. - Top - End - #357

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    How about a hamster ball with a hatch?
    Move action to open, move action to close, so unless you can manifest Hustle every round, you are going to either be unable to affect others, or leave yourself unprotected.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

Move action to open, move action to close, so unless you can manifest Hustle every round, you are going to either be unable to affect others, or leave yourself unprotected.
    Well, with Psionics, there is Burrowing Power, although it's not exactly efficient. You can use Telekinetic Sphere as the hamster ball, though.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

29. - Top - End - #359

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    I... had not considered that use of Bloodstorm Blade. I'm not sure Drunken Master would really work for that, but there is a Hurl Ally (or something like that) feat, I think in Races of Stone. I'll have to look it up later.

Anyway, it sounds hilarious.
    Keep some boulders in magical storage or have some create stone spells in your party? Hulking Hurler and Bloodstorm Blade...I want to see a full build, now!

30. - Top - End - #360

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Well, with Psionics, there is Burrowing Power, although it's not exactly efficient. You can use Telekinetic Sphere as the hamster ball, though.
    You can't cast through a Telekinetic Sphere at all though. It is based on Resilient Sphere which says nothing can move in or out.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show