New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1455
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    But Ur-Quan, you are right about one thing. It is his game. He can do what he likes. And knowing that Pengiunator has lost power, most people would be considerate and not penalize one of their players for something they have no control over.
    And that's the only thing I'm advocating. Attacking someone openly about a thing they did in their own game is taking it too far.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

You mean like Sapo does to just about every narrator?
    If it had been anyone else I would have just sent a PM but, 1) He does it publicly to everyone else and 2) He would possibly have just chosen to ignore me or take it personally.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Pixie in the Playground

Clue WW has ended with a town victory.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Bugbear in the Playground

I just wanted to leave an away message: I'm on vacation with no internet access (well, maybe there is access but I have no intend to use it) till Monday, 16th or Tuesday, 17th (depends on how exhausted I am after vacation).
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I still don't have power at home, I'm at my Aunt's house. I still won't have power until Wednesday or so.

I did not in fact have power long enough to send you a target, Sapo. My power surged about only moments after I posted and the computer at home has not been in use since.

That being said, I am leaving now and while have power at my home sometime soon, I hope.

Tried to send night actions where I needed to, etc. Haven't looked at half my threads.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-07-08 at 08:23 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Barbarian in the Playground

(Sorry. You were pretty much at the worst possible intersection of misunderstanding and circumstance)

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

7. - Top - End - #1117

Now, I have been away for a while, but I gotta know. Is there any particular reason everybody's acting so grumpy?

I mean, I've already seen external baggage pile up, passive-aggressive pity-parties, and rather inconsiderate players up the wazoo, and I've only been in two active games thus far. I just don't get it.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can only speak of what happened in Paranoia VI, but when neutrality of the mind has already been broken and then people gang up on a towns person for mainly having said the game is not balanced, the one that cares enough to continue writing at length wont be happy. That said, don't really like disputes mostly try to stay away from them whenever possible.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    Can only speak of what happened in Paranoia VI, but when neutrality of the mind has already been broken and then people gang up on a towns person for mainly having said the game is not balanced, the one that cares enough to continue writing at length wont be happy. That said, don't really like disputes mostly try to stay away from them whenever possible.
    And it reared up in Witchunt with a mod getting involved and a couple of people taking advantage of other peoples reactions being volatile and distracting. That game wasn't fun even discounting the complete slaughter of town.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

It normally isn't like this. Don't get intimidated because of a rough path, TheLaughingMan

11. - Top - End - #1121

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    Now, I have been away for a while, but I gotta know. Is there any particular reason everybody's acting so grumpy?

I mean, I've already seen external baggage pile up, passive-aggressive pity-parties, and rather inconsiderate players up the wazoo, and I've only been in two active games thus far. I just don't get it.
    You should have played Alan Wake: WW! We're having a dandy game over there, including a fascinating day 1 that kinda sorta accidentally exposed the masons, apparently. In my defense, I thought I'd found the wolves.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    You should have played Alan Wake: WW! We're having a dandy game over there, including a fascinating day 1 that kinda sorta accidentally exposed the masons, apparently. In my defense, I thought I'd found the wolves.
    Yeah, two masons are already down, so quickly...

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Troll in the Playground

I've actually noticed the community getting less relaxed and nice as well. It sort of contributes a bit to why I don't really play anymore.

I should've joined Alan Wake though. I didn't notice it, sorry.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I've actually noticed the community getting less relaxed and nice as well. It sort of contributes a bit to why I don't really play anymore.

I should've joined Alan Wake though. I didn't notice it, sorry.
    They way I see it, it's sort of like the Marvel Comics registration debacle. The fights really come down to two people (Iron Man and Captain America), each with an opposing view (pro and anti-registration, respectively). One plays only to win, the other plays to have fun. The fighting between these two have caused a lot of people to feel the need to choose sides.

Kind of a rough comparison, but it gets the point across.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

15. - Top - End - #1125

Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    They way I see it, it's sort of like the Marvel Comics registration debacle. The fights really come down to two people (Iron Man and Captain America), each with an opposing view (pro and anti-registration, respectively). One plays only to win, the other plays to have fun. The fighting between these two have caused a lot of people to feel the need to choose sides.

Kind of a rough comparison, but it gets the point across.
    As I recall, the Captain dies in that comic.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

16. - Top - End - #1126

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    As I recall, the Captain dies in that comic.
    He didn't die. That would be absurd.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The gun Sharon Carter had been hypnotized to use had actually caused Rogers to phase in and out of space and time, appearing at events in his lifetime and fighting battles.

See...that's what happened and its...much...less.......absur....I can't even finish the sentence!

Werewolf playstyles are as cyclical as anything else in existence and there may be a shift from RP being the biggest draw to winning being the biggest draw. I haven't really played many games lately to know where the pendulum is right now.
    Last edited by Atreyu the Masked LLama; 2012-07-10 at 02:16 PM.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

I play for fun. Winning is secondary.

Also, I notice that Thufir hasn't been around here lately. I can set up a temporary schedule in one of my posts on the first page.

Could everyone who has an upcoming game, recruiting game, or currently running game, please post the following information:

Game, with link to first page.

Narrator(s)

Date game started

Status (Recruiting, Running, Coming Soon)

Thank you.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

Meta WW
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230841

Ramsus & Bladescape

03-04-2012

Running (more like Walking )

19. - Top - End - #1129

Alan Wake Werewolf

ThePhantom

7-2-12

Running

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Pixie in the Playground

Traits WW: The misty Isle
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242484

RuneboundShade

06-17-2012

Running.
    Last edited by RuneboundShade; 2012-07-11 at 10:47 AM.
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

21. - Top - End - #1131

Werewolf: Under Siege
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246070

Ur-Quan

Running (started today :D)

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

Dvorak

Vesth

15/6/2012

Running.

Does this count?

23. - Top - End - #1133

Werewolf: Under Siege is now officially underway. Read the narration, chill around, ask me to replace inactives and so on.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

Okay. The temporary schedule is on post 17. If anyone would like to schedule a game, please tell me the "week of" you'd like to reserve.

Anything with more than 20 players should schedule.

20 players and less, just let me know when your game has started recruiting. Thank you.

25. - Top - End - #1135

Beholder

City of Spires II is currently running - Started on July 7.

edit: I'm narrating
    Last edited by Rules Lawyer #1; 2012-07-12 at 12:48 AM.
    Thanks to all the players who joined
    June 27 ... July 14, 2011
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Also, I notice that Thufir hasn't been around here lately. I can set up a temporary schedule in one of my posts on the first page.
    Will there also be an archive?
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2012-07-12 at 12:49 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ur-Quan View Post
    Werewolf: Under Siege is now officially underway. Read the narration, chill around, ask me to replace inactives and so on.
    Everyone not on my team is inactive; I think you should replace them.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Will there also be an archive?
    Only if this gets to the end, and I start the next thread.

29. - Top - End - #1139

Sometime next week I'll be without internet for a bit. I'll try to post the day before it happens. But once that happens, I'll be rather on and off with connection. So please don't auto me during that period.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Sometime next week I'll be without internet for a bit. I'll try to post the day before it happens. But once that happens, I'll be rather on and off with connection. So please don't auto me during that period.
    Errr.... yeah, as most of you know, I'm on the same internet connection as he is, and our family is moving house really soon... Needless to say, our internet will be unreliable at best.
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.