New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIV: Now About 200% Longer Than Firefly

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    ~snip~
    The fandom has to be reaching some sort of critical mass; a tipping point; a moment of implosion. It's becoming entirely too difficult to keep up and find the really good stories/art/news. Thank Celestia for EDaily.

Or maybe that's just me. But (and it's my problem, guys, not yours) when I catch up on the pony thread it morning by skipping 3 of the 5 pages posted overnight, only to find I have to skip 6 of the 7 posted during the day ... I start wondering if I should keep bothering.

Anyway, DBC! I was worried for a moment when I saw people mentioning you were leaving (luckily someone quoted you and saved me the trouble of jumping back a page) and thought you were going to disappear to Honduras again or something and I wouldn't get to give you that thing that I really should have made for you like a really long time ago and I'm sorry but it's almost done really I swear *GASP* so I'll probably wind up PMing it to you so it doesn't get lost in the ponysanity.
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-09-23 at 03:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    The fandom has to be reaching some sort of critical mass; a tipping point; a moment of implosion. It's becoming entirely too difficult to keep up and find the really good stories/art/news. Thank Celestia for EDaily.

Or maybe that's just me. But (and it's my problem, guys, not yours) when I catch up on the pony thread it morning by skipping 3 of the 5 pages posted overnight, only to find I have to skip 6 of the 7 posted during the day ... I start wondering if I should keep bothering.

Anyway, DBC! I was worried for a moment when I saw people mentioning you were leaving (luckily someone quoted you and saved me the trouble of jumping back a page) and thought you were going to disappear to Honduras again or something. I wouldn't get to give you that thing that I really should have made for you like a really long time ago and I'm sorry but it's almost done really I swear *GASP* so I'll probably wind up PMing it to you so it doesn't get lost in the ponysanity.
    No worries, 'sal good.

Man, I'm lucky I had this day with nothing better to do while I waited for a call to see if I got that job at Sears. Saying goodbye thread is taking longer than I'd expected.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-09-23 at 03:27 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #993
    Bugbear in the Playground

WHELP. I've been told that I should go ahead and cross post my artthread entry from yesterday to here. Soo....

Spoilered for size, I apologize for the width:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #994

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    WHELP. I've been told that I should go ahead and cross post my artthread entry from yesterday to here. Soo....

Spoiler
    Show
    This is hilarious. Excellent work Captain!
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

No worries, 'sal good.

Man, I'm lucky I had this day with nothing better to do while I waited for a call to see if I got that job at Sears. Saying goodbye thread is taking longer than I'd expected.
    It turns out when there's a lot of ponies who care, you wind up having to say 'goodbye' a large number of times.

I completely understand your reasons for wanting to go... well, 'go' is not so much the word as 'cool down'. Your disengaging yourself from full fledged ponysanity to something that's more manageable and enjoyable for you. I'm kind of the absolute worst pony in the world when it comes to remembering to keep contact with others whom I don't see every day, so if this winds up being goodbye forever despite you leaving your contact information available I apologize.

Either way, it was fun getting to know you. Your presence here will be missed. That sounds really stuffy. Take care, DBC. We love you, truly.

6. - Top - End - #996

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ido. Nos

Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    All of thanqol's personality fragments are female. We have Charger the chivalric knight, Metal Mask the deceiver, and Jayden, who is just plain better than you, yes, even then.
    Also, when did I become the Prophet of the Three, who speaks of their comings for all to hear?Interesting, interesting. A little disturbing but yes, interesting.
    Um, that was me who originally said that.

Also, I had a dream about you. You were hanging out with the CMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Sir, you may be more ponysane than I. I wish I could have badass Cutie Mark Crusaders Ninjas Yay dreams.
    The CMC weren't the ninjas, it was Fluttershy.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post

I once had 6 pony dreams within the space of a week. Let me tell you, getting impaled by Rarity's horn is not fun. At least we got Exp for killing him though.
    Yeah, I think this makes 3 pony dreams total, including a separate dream I had last night:

Spoiler
    Show

I was back in high school (roughly ages 14-17 for those not in the states), and a member of Pony Club. We were watching my little pony on a big screen tv in the cafeteria (the cafeteria at my high school also had a so-so stage in it). The only thing of note in this dream was that Phoe was the president, and the only reason this is of note is because I'm curious how far from the mark my mental image of her is:

short, slightly built, brown hair (yeah, I'm not a description man...).

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    How Mask Was Born (Storytime!):

One nitpick:

Spoiler
    Show

"No." He relied, for it was his nature to lie, even on his dying day.
    replied?

Quote Originally Posted by Roninhirox View Post
    Ya I think so.
    Ah, well...still wanna hang out Saturday? Since I couldn't get the print, I won't be able to get you your surprise unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Your avatar has an interesting cutie mark. Do you have a bigger picture?
    I know either he or his brother (the one who designed it, as well as built the ponytar) has an image of it somewhere, but I'm not sure where and if its on a safe for work site.

The cutie mark is actually a tatoo Ronin has on his arm, which is teethmarks and blood streaks along with the line "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will rise" (or something like that, forget the actual quote [as well as the fact that he has a tattoo most of the time]).

I'm sad now.

A hundred stars just disappeared from Semper Fidelis. It also dropped from 4.9 to 4.8. Always Sunny was at 5.0 before I posted the second story.

Conclusion: seventy pages and two months of waste. I'd felt that way about a lot of it before, but now it's sort of confirmed in my subconscious. Sigh.

Thoughts on second season:

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought it was too fast for my tastes, but I could understand why, when they had to jam so much into it. Discord's a cool guy, he bendz reality and doesn't afraid of anything. I'll be curious to see if he's a recurring character; I wouldn't mind it. Also cool, mention of Luna. Overall, not my favorite episode by a longshot, but there's some good stuff in it.

Also pretty sure I'm going to be scarce around here from now on. I just don't have the drive to do anything pony besides watch it. Parts of the fandom I used to love are just sorta meh, and there's other stuff I just don't feel like loving and tolerating anymore.

It's been a good run. Keep on truckin', ponythread.
    Bye bobcat! Come back to visit sometime! Sad to see you go, we had just gotten you back.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

How Mask Was Born (Storytime!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, my, well. That is a completely different story. I do not have my mother's talent for telling such stories, but perhaps I can do this justice.

"Before you were born, before you were even a glimmer in my eye, a unicorn was exploring the depths of the Everfree Forest. The reason why escapes me at the moment, although I recall it was some sort of act of youthful recklessness. A young mare attempting to prove she was an adult.

She got herself lost. It is so easy to lose oneself in that forest of chaos, where maps shift, and compasses spin. As day turned to night, and night to day, the pony felt hunger gnaw at her, and thirst parch her throat. She feared she would die, far from home, far from the ponies that she loved.

But before resolve failed her, a glimmer of hope presented itself. The tracks of another pony! Perhaps she was close to civilization, she would follow the tracks, and be free from the Everfree!

Mustering her will, she began to follow the tracks. But they were erratic. They seemed to double-back on themselves on more than one occasion, and she was getting more and more lost!

But still, she followed the tracks. She was desperate, you see. She was scared, and cold, and alone. She didn't know what else to do.

Finally, she came to an end of the tracks. They stopped at a ditch, and the young unicorn peeked over the edge, to find that the source of those tracks. A wizened, withered grey Earth Pony had fallen into the ditch, near-death. Even still, his front hooves covered his face from view.

The young unicorn was on guard, for she knew who this was. Her parents had told her of the Old Stories, the stories of the Time of Discord. But still, the unicorn felt her heart fill with pity.

"Do you need help?" She asked.

"No." He relied, for it was his nature to lie, even on his dying day.

"I know who you are." The unicorn said, as she carefully slid down the ditch, to attend to the dying pony.

"No, you don't." He whispered, and the unicorn felt her pity grow. Here was a pony who was so filled with insecurities and doubt that he denied even his own identity.

"Yes, I do. You are dying, you know. Allow me to help you. Allow me to make your last moments comfortable. Nopony should die like this." The young mare said, and stooped down, gently nuzzling at the old stallion.

"I am not dying, I do not need help." He lied habitually, but the unicorn shook her head. Slowly she pressed herself against the ancient pony, allowing his frail body to soak in her warmth. Both were silent for a long time. The unicorn nearly dozed off, until she heard the earth pony speak again.

"I am afraid." He whispered, and slowly moved his legs. The unicorn would be the first pony...in a very, very long time to behold his true face, with no masks to hide it. "I do not want to die alone."

The young mare knew this to be true. Perhaps the first truth he had ever spoken.

"You will not. Do not be afraid. I am here." She whispered into his ear, and gave his lips a tender kiss. A motherly kiss.

He let out a soft sigh, breathed his last into the unicorn, and passed from this world.

The unicorn wept. She held that frail body until it went cold, for it was her first experience in the final truth of all ponies. But, eventually, she gathered herself up. Using her magic, she buried him, and left a simple marker, so that everypony would know the truth of who laid there.

She eventually found her way home. Perhaps the Element of Honesty was on her side that day, for the Everfree Forest seemed straight and true, with none of it's usual tricks.

So, she was reunited with her family, and her friends. Her life would go on, filled with excitement, love, and adventure. She was blessed, and would always be blessed, for it was her nature.

But she would always remember the old Earth Pony, and his last moment of honesty.""

Okay, that took me a LOT longer than I was expecting. I can only hope that I did it some justice.
    This was great (though by now I've learned not to expect anything less out of anything that you wrote). I kind of imagine the Everfree forest to be like Xen'drik from the Eberron setting for D&D. That is, a vast forest containing ruins as ancient as the powerful magic that haunts it.

Wait was yesterday your birthday? Happy birthday! Today is my birthday. Yep I am officially 25 years old and to celebrate I am totally watching ponies all day to prove to myself that I am not getting old also to recover from the impromptu celebration some of my friends threw for me. (and here I thought they had just forgotten my birthday when they all said they were busy this weekend but it turns out since they were busy they decided to do stuff leading into my birthday. Yay.)
    I hope this isn't belated, but Happy Birthday!

I'm sad now.

A hundred stars just disappeared from Semper Fidelis. It also dropped from 4.9 to 4.8. Always Sunny was at 5.0 before I posted the second story.

Conclusion: seventy pages and two months of waste. I'd felt that way about a lot of it before, but now it's sort of confirmed in my subconscious. Sigh.

Thoughts on second season:

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought it was too fast for my tastes, but I could understand why, when they had to jam so much into it. Discord's a cool guy, he bendz reality and doesn't afraid of anything. I'll be curious to see if he's a recurring character; I wouldn't mind it. Also cool, mention of Luna. Overall, not my favorite episode by a longshot, but there's some good stuff in it.

Also pretty sure I'm going to be scarce around here from now on. I just don't have the drive to do anything pony besides watch it. Parts of the fandom I used to love are just sorta meh, and there's other stuff I just don't feel like loving and tolerating anymore.

It's been a good run. Keep on truckin', ponythread.
    I'm sorry to hear that. We'll all miss you. See you around the board.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    That about sums it up, both our adoration of the phenominon and our utter disbelief that it could even be happening.
    I'd probably still be completely stunned but got to build up an resistance a few years back thanks to Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

Odd I think all the thinks I've majorly digged in the past few years have been either ostensibly girly or silly. And I'm a fairly humorless and serious person.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, this made me chuckle.

Alot.

Hee hee.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

Plus, I kinda wanna go write my own, publishable stuff. Ponies gave me a wide experience of different genres.
    Good luck!

Praise makes me "d'awww."

Reference to my lost 5.0 makes me frown. But the praise makes me d'awww.

Once again: I am my own worst damn critic. I am never satisfied with anything I do in any facet of life, pretty much.
    I'm the same. I think it's healthy, actually, and distinctly different from self-loathing as long as you're working to fix the problems you see.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-09-23 at 03:44 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

11. - Top - End - #1001

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey! I'm recognizable enough to be included in the group photo! Huzzah for that!

My first reaction was, ok, that is the Captain and Metal Mask chatting it up, they are at some sort of par-WAIT! Why are the Captain and Metal Mask together? Then I saw Amish running around, and then myself, and the lich, and so on. I can only assume the one hanging out with Aotrs is Lixie, and that in the years since they have had an on again, off again relationship that is the envy of every sitcom.

But question: Is that SiuiS running in the foreground there? And who is the Grim Reaper? Did you include Nameless here as well?

You know, I can only assume all of these questions are answered in your thread.

Saved.

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Heya Everypony! I've got a 'Feel The Hay Better Derek' pic that I'm working on, and wanted to share the WiP with you guys. This is based in part off a discussion I don't know how many threads ago, where people were discussing all the roles that Inkwell had in relation to Midnight, and apparently one of them, mostly at random, was with her as Midnight's kid... so, enough explanations, here's the WiP

Spoiler
    Show

Kid Inkwell is named Aurora - after the Aurora Borealis. It's the only thing I could think of that is close to a rainbow at night. ^^
    Great image and saved. Unfortunately I am no art critic, so I cannot say much more on it but: daaaaaaaaw!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I'm the same. I think it's healthy, actually, and distinctly different from self-loathing as long as you're working to fix the problems you see.
    It's healthy to a point. Excessive self-criticism is one of the worst things, and I'll just leave it at that.

HAVE A PONY:

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: YOUR LUCKY DAY IT'S ANOTHER PONY:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-09-23 at 03:52 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

13. - Top - End - #1003

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    One nitpick:

Spoiler
    Show

replied?
    D'OH! Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    This was great (though by now I've learned not to expect anything less out of anything that you wrote). I kind of imagine the Everfree forest to be like Xen'drik from the Eberron setting for D&D. That is, a vast forest containing ruins as ancient as the powerful magic that haunts it.
    Thank you. Yeah, that's pretty close to how I picture the Everfree as well, a place of lost civilizations, ruins from places swallowed up by the Everfree before it was stopped.

14. - Top - End - #1004

Um, that was me who originally said that.
    Derp. Gotta love the copypasta err-

... I... I had a dream about the CMC last night. I woke up with the talent show song stuck in my head...

I... hrm... I need to think this over .__.
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-09-23 at 03:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1005

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post

Anyway, DBC! I was worried for a moment when I saw people mentioning you were leaving (luckily someone quoted you and saved me the trouble of jumping back a page) and thought you were going to disappear to Honduras again or something and I wouldn't get to give you that thing that I really should have made for you like a really long time ago and I'm sorry but it's almost done really I swear *GASP* so I'll probably wind up PMing it to you so it doesn't get lost in the ponysanity.
    I think the problem is that this thread is basically four or five subthreads that are linked together by the common theme of MLP. You've got the "New episode discussion/future speculation" thread, the "post cool pony related art and links" thread, the "fanfic" thread (which I only tease apart from that second thread because it tends to lead to more serious discussion and critique, which I mean in a totally positive and awesome way) and the "general RP craziness" thread. We all have varying preferences about which parts of the thread we really like. Although I hate to miss links to cool stuff I generally will only read the last page or two if there's been an explosion of activity since I last checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I'd probably still be completely stunned but got to build up an resistance a few years back thanks to Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

Odd I think all the thinks I've majorly digged in the past few years have been either ostensibly girly or silly. And I'm a fairly humorless and serious person.
    People around me seem to think I'm always serious or humorless. I think I just default to that sort of facial expression when I'm not actively talking to somebody. Given minimal provocation I'm quite prone to being zany and/or madcap.

I defiantly have a dark streak. The last three shows I've picked up and enjoyed are Community (hence the reference in the previous paragraph ), Breaking Bad, and... MLP. But my favorite episode is "Party of One."
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-09-23 at 03:56 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Dwarf in the Playground

And for Darth Bobcat, I hope you fare well in all you do, and if you happen to defrag and find you wanna come back some day, chances are we'll still be here. ^^ At least some of us.

17. - Top - End - #1007

I guess that means I'm going to have to think of a 'How Aurora Was Born' excerpt now, too...
    Nights wanted a little sister?

... I... I had a dream about the CMC last night. I woke up with the talent show song stuck in my head...

I... hrm... I need to think this over .__.
    Just As Planned.

18. - Top - End - #1008

Dream buddies unite! Did you get any of the fire and tree sap? Because I seem to have avoided that.

Bogs? Yes.
    Being flung into the air wildly? Yes.
    Killing Captain Ido. Nos off screen? Yes.
    Fire and Tree Sap? Nope!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ahahaha! Awesome!

Wait.

I can't even escape Lix in fanart??!!

*skulldesk*

*snerk*

20. - Top - End - #1010

Nights wanted a little sister?
    Nights, Aurora, Mask...

I'm going to end up with a whole plethora of children, aren't I?

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nights, Aurora, Mask...

You're gonna wind up living in a shoe. You know it. ^^

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    It's healthy to a point. Excessive self-criticism is one of the worst things, and I'll just leave it at that.
    There is a point at which you must shut it off, when thinking hampers your abilities, but contemplating your mistakes and inventing ways to never make them again is good for you. What I really meant was that satisfaction is more often ambition's corpse than its momentary reprieve. For me at least.

Anyway, it wasn't nearly as awesome around here without you, Bob, and I will miss you. Fan fiction was a genre that I had always dismissed as juvenile until I read Fair Feather Friend, and I genuinely hope that you get published one day. You're definitely more talented than most contemporary professional authors that I like.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-09-23 at 04:03 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not pictured: the inevitable full-fledged war with swashbuckling, inter-dimensional time travel, and dark magic that erupts 30 seconds later, likely over confusion over what flavor the punch is.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ettin in the Playground

Nights, Aurora, Mask...

Heh.

*snerk*

Midnight and her Children.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Pixie in the Playground

Inkwell: Your art is amazing! Your ideas are sublime! You totally rock!

Everypony: Soooooooo...hooves up who's looking forward to The Return Of Harmony Part 2 tomorrow! (There you have it, folks. Possibly the strongest contender for the least necessary question ever asked in human...er...equine history.)
    I come and go where the wind blows me.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    People around me seem to think I'm always serious or humorless. I think I just default to that sort of facial expression when I'm not actively talking to somebody. Given minimal provocation I'm quite prone to being zany and/or madcap.

I defiantly have a dark streak. The last three shows I've picked up and enjoyed are Community (hence the reference in the previous paragraph ), Breaking Bad, and... MLP. But my favorite episode is "Party of One."
    Nope I'm definitely actually low humor. I'm a very tough sell on comedies. I think the last I went to see in theaters was Pineapple Express I believe. I despise many of the most beloved. Mostly because I think something has to still resemble a story when you strip the humor out.

Which happy little ponies do in spades. So I enjoy Pinkie Pie like all the rest.

27. - Top - End - #1017

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Heh.

*snerk*

Midnight and her Children.
    I'm going to have to get a really high paying job! Maybe it's time to start asking for a stipend for being a Princess...oh, dear, whatever am I going to do?

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi! Happy Birthday! Your avatar has an interesting cutie mark. Do you have a bigger picture?
    Thank you very much. Also ya http://d.facdn.net/art/aggrobadger/1...drewtattoo.jpg http://d.facdn.net/art/aggrobadger/1...ttoo3_copy.jpg http://d.facdn.net/art/aggrobadger/1...zombiepony.png Its kinda just a simplified version of my IRL tattoo.

Also thank you everyone for the birthday wishes, today is going great but I am being prevented from sitting here and lurking so I will have to try and catch up with the thread more later.

29. - Top - End - #1019

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Nope I'm definitely actually low humor. I'm a very tough sell on comedies. I think the last I went to see in theaters was Pineapple Express I believe. I despise many of the most beloved. Mostly because I think something has to still resemble a story when you strip the humor out.

Which happy little ponies do in spades. So I enjoy Pinkie Pie like all the rest.
    Comedy films are a tough sell to me too. I tend to find that a shorter format is better for comedy simply because my the one hour mark or so the film's premise has probably been milked for any worthwhile jokes there are to be found.

A lot of (bad) comedy films hit that point and are like "oh yeah, we're supposed to have character development and a narrative arc, right? Better get cracking on that!" and just turn into completely different movies.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait was yesterday your birthday? Happy birthday! Today is my birthday. Yep I am officially 25 years old and to celebrate I am totally watching ponies all day to prove to myself that I am not getting old also to recover from the impromptu celebration some of my friends threw for me. (and here I thought they had just forgotten my birthday when they all said they were busy this weekend but it turns out since they were busy they decided to do stuff leading into my birthday. Yay.)
    I missed this! Happy birthday!

@EsperDerek

Oh, I'm sure I have a job or two that requires somepony of your skills.