New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXIV: Today's Noob Strat, Tomorrow's New Meta

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    I agree with Djinn because Djinn agrees with Chaox.
    This explains everything...except I don't know who the hell Chaox is.

I think he agrees with me rather than the other way around.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

So am I the only person out there who thinks atmas/atmogs should be removed/changed?
    Or atleast make a item that would d X(X)% of itemized health?

Because I'm getting pretty tired of just every squishy going ''Hahaha, I'm now suddenly pretty damn tanky and also gain a tonne of attack damage from it''

It's just a really easy way to make tanky DPS happen in my oppinion, say instead of carefull balance between how tanky you are and how much damage you do. I'm NOT saying items such as Abyssal should be removed, just on the atmogs...

I get that it's a way for Riot to make Melee DPS viable but, in my oppinion it's a poor way to do it....

Yes, you can counter it with Madreds, but that's a rough 4K gold that you're going to have to spend to counter it, which generally does take some time to farm up, generally enough time for the other person to stomp you in the face if you're not carefull. Though yes, I have to admit you can see a atmogs coming from quite some while away...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    This explains everything...except I don't know who the hell Chaox is.

I think he agrees with me rather than the other way around.
    Chaox is the AD player for Team Solo Mid. He's big on theorycrafting.

I also once saw a Trist go solo top rush wriggles, and beat up on our top solo because of ulimited shoving against a melee DPS.

@Atmogs: its op, it needs to be fixed. Having said that, I prefer other items right now. Triforce+Tanky. Shurelias, Ghostblade, I am in LOVE with those items.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

I agree with Djinn because Djinn agrees with Chaox.
    I smacked my head against my desk when reading this. Thank you, Toasty, now my head hurts.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    I smacked my head against my desk when reading this. Thank you, Toasty, now my head hurts.
    I made a joke in line with my personality and you hurt yourself. Who's fault is that?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Banned

I can see the rationale behind going AD-sustain into midgame instead of AD-crit, since Trist isn't really high enough range at that point to get off a ton of free poke, and it's a good time to farm up BT. But I'll have to play it out to really see--and I've never liked building Wriggle's on Trist, because I'm never backing at a good time to build it. Maybe in a solo lane vs. a bruiser, but I'm almost always bot.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Also, I just tried something funny in practice, and admittedly have no clue how it would work in a real game, but... Lucidity boots on Graves.
    This got me thinking. I mean, CDR boots on Graves is stupid, but you're right in that, given his steroid, stacking attack speed isn't as beneficial on Graves as it is on Ashe/Cait/Kog/Vayne. So... if you don't need to buy Zerkers, what do you buy? Naturally, Merc Treads. This lead to some simple math and theorycrafting (class was super boring today, okay?) that led me to my proposed Graves build: Semi-tanky deeps.

21/6/3, Armor Pen, Health per Level, MR per Level, AD.

Mercury Treads, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Bloodthirster, Trinity Force, Last Whisper.

Hear me out:

371 AD, 2.017 Attacks per Second, 72% Crit Rate, 260% Crit Damage, 40% Armor Pen. That's a lot of deeps, okay? It's roughly 1610 damage per second before taking Armor or Armor Pen into account. Assuming 100 Armor, you're dealing 1046 damage per second, disregarding Triforce procs.

119 Armor, 125 MR, 35 Tenacity, 25% Lifesteal.
    That's 5140 eHP versus physical damage and 5281 eHP versus Magical damage, with five offensive items. In a 1v1, you're lifestealing roughly 580 eHP per second.

Just a thought, you know? Not every has perfect positioning, and without impossibly perfect teamwork and coordination assassins will get to you if they're trying hard enough. Graves can become quite the bruiser with this build, I think.

Edit:
    PhantomLord
    Also, Lol.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2011-10-20 at 03:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

... I still want my 4800 AD carry.

In other news, played as both jungle Taric and jungle Warwick today (was gonna change to Trundle, but was too indecisive) and had some fun.

Also, we had xerath vs malzahar, which I would guess should go malz's way thanks to his silence, but I'm pretty sure I saw Malz using Malefic Visions to harass. So is it just me, or did or xerath (on my team, went 3/0 in lane) get lucky in facing a bad malzahar?

Also, Chogath vs Vladimir. I'm guessing that should go Cho's way easily, but the cho (on my team) apparently focused Q over W.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Bunny View Post
    ... I still want my 4800 AD carry.
    I'm fine with my free one and my 3150 one.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Brand and Mordekaiser is not a good lane for a solo Nasus.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 2011-10-20 at 04:11 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Also, we had xerath vs malzahar, which I would guess should go malz's way thanks to his silence, but I'm pretty sure I saw Malz using Malefic Visions to harass. So is it just me, or did or xerath (on my team, went 3/0 in lane) get lucky in facing a bad malzahar?
    The Malzahar was probably bad- if he's close enough to harass with Visions he's getting too close, because he might get caught with a Mage Chains for a stun- but I don't think it's as easy a victory for him as you believe. Xerath's primary poke/nuke and his ult match range with Malz's Q, outrange everything else he does, and every one of Xerath's abilities significantly outranges Malz when Xerath is using Locus of Power. If Malz wants to walk in to try and poke Xerath with anything other than Q he's going to have to dodge lazors to do it.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Brand and Mordekaiser is not a good lane for a solo Nasus.
    Fiddlesticks + Singed is a bad lane for a solo Jax.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alright, sent you another request Winterwind. Remember it is Arcalius.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Firbolg in the Playground

In my experience, Malz uses his superior range by selectively Malefic Visionsing minions to harass Xerath for free.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Alright, sent you another request Winterwind. Remember it is Arcalius.
    Got it this time.

...at the same time, I also got a request from a person named "TSORa". Is that a Playgrounder who hasn't revealed his name in the thread yet? It appears to be a level 1 account, so it can't be some random pubbie to whom I have endeared myself in one of my previous games...
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    ...at the same time, I also got a request from a person named "TSORa". Is that a Playgrounder who hasn't revealed his name in the thread yet? It appears to be a level 1 account, so it can't be some random pubbie to whom I have endeared myself in one of my previous games...
    My EU West quasi-account I use to check on EU-pros runepages, talk to Elealar about the Civ4 succession game, and maybe play a light game on a good free week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    In my experience, Malz uses his superior range by selectively Malefic Visionsing minions to harass Xerath for free.
    Yeah, but the time I saw him using it, the entire minion wave was still there. I'm pretty sure he just threw it on Xerath as harass, not farm.

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    The Malzahar was probably bad- if he's close enough to harass with Visions he's getting too close, because he might get caught with a Mage Chains for a stun- but I don't think it's as easy a victory for him as you believe. Xerath's primary poke/nuke and his ult match range with Malz's Q, outrange everything else he does, and every one of Xerath's abilities significantly outranges Malz when Xerath is using Locus of Power. If Malz wants to walk in to try and poke Xerath with anything other than Q he's going to have to dodge lazors to do it.
    I figured that Malz could probably hit him pretty easily with his Q, then get out of range before the silence wears off and get back to farming. I see no reason for Xerath to go 3-1 in that lane...

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

To be fair, I feel like Malzahar takes significantly more skill to play. When laning against Malzahar, Xerath doesn't have to worry about anything other than staying out of range of silence and getting out of Vision's way. He doesn't even have to last hit; unless he needs a gank, he can safely clear waves with Q+Q after Malz inevitably pushes with Visions.

I think that Malz would have a lot of advantages in that lane, as a champion, but he needs to be played well in order to make use of them.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

I just had a game where every single player on the other team was packing exhaust. They had a tryndamere, too. JEEZ. Fortunately I was playing Nasus and was able to farm my Q enough. They had a D/C and that sped it up, but I feel like it was only a matter of time at that point anyway. I think that was also the fastest warmog's charge I've ever had on SR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

So, while I was under SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTACUS' rigorous work regiment on "How to Be a Better Nasus", I thought of something interesting: has anyone gotten a, or a series of Legendary Kills before?
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-10-20 at 08:51 PM.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

20. - Top - End - #170

Rigorous work regimen being basically mocking him for having a low CS.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    So, while I was under SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTACUS' rigorous work regiment on "How to Be a Better Nasus", I thought of something interesting: has anyone gotten a, or a series of Legendary Kills before?
    I'm pretty sure you have to stage those, nobody takes revive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

22. - Top - End - #172
    Halfling in the Playground

I wonder, though...glass cannon fed Xerath could kill people in their own pool outside of lazer range? yes/no/maybe? Depending on the window for a rolling team fight (or a fight at the end, with an afker who's very underleveled/geared)?
    I'm not volunteering to test it, but he should have the range to do it, right?

23. - Top - End - #173

Yeah, but you'd not only need to be at the point where you can just about instagib anybody, but also have a short enough delay between kills so it gets counted as one continuous killing streak. The other team would have to be at very low levels, and you'd need to be supercharged with AP, and you'd need to kill them one by one, so there's enough time for the next wave of victims to spawn.

That said, he almost definitely has the range for it, because fountain range is oh-so slightly more than Blitzcrank's grab range, and his range is probably more than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, so, I learned that Shaco can facilitate easy pre-3 minute dragons. This led to the following game:

Spoiler
    Show

Surrender at 28 minutes. We had 5 dragons and 3 towers on the enemy. Mid Cait, Top Skarner, Bot Nasus, Bot/semi-roaming/semi-counter-jungling Shaco, Jungle Fiddles.

Dragon at 3. Set up, dragon at 9. Then 15, Then 22, then 28. Nocturne did nothing but gank mid for most of the game, hence Lego's problem. He ganked bottom twice. The first time, he ran into a box trap and Nasus and I split kills on Morgana and Nocturne, before pushing the tower. The second time, Fiddles is in the area and we sweep bottom lane.

Oh, yeah. That's right. I'm packing rally.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2011-10-20 at 09:46 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

Rally on Shaco is funny. Maybe not optimal, but the way it can boost a mass box-pile is pretty impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

26. - Top - End - #176

Trying to get a friend off Yi.

He says he likes the backdooring aspect.

What are some viable alternatives I can steer him towards?

EDIT: Thinking Jax, Xin Zhao, and/or Teemo. Tryndamere is too hit-or-miss, and Shaco takes more finesse than he's capable of. He already plays Alistar, could he work well with an AD Build?
    Last edited by Maeglin_Dubh; 2011-10-20 at 09:51 PM.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post

EDIT: Thinking Jax, Xin Zhao, and/or Teemo. Tryndamere is too hit-or-miss, and Shaco takes more finesse than he's capable of.

I'd recommend Twitch, yep, most definetely twitch.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

28. - Top - End - #178
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    To be fair, I feel like Malzahar takes significantly more skill to play. When laning against Malzahar, Xerath doesn't have to worry about anything other than staying out of range of silence and getting out of Vision's way. He doesn't even have to last hit; unless he needs a gank, he can safely clear waves with Q+Q after Malz inevitably pushes with Visions.

I think that Malz would have a lot of advantages in that lane, as a champion, but he needs to be played well in order to make use of them.
    Using Locus of Power is like a call for Silence + Pool; can't move while initiating it.

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to stage those, nobody takes revive.
    Actually, you could thanks to Dominion. That's a map on which people legitimately use Revive.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post

EDIT: Thinking Jax, Xin Zhao, and/or Teemo. Tryndamere is too hit-or-miss, and Shaco takes more finesse than he's capable of. He already plays Alistar, could he work well with an AD Build?
    TF? Alistar definitely works too.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2011-10-20 at 09:55 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Okay, so, I learned that Shaco can facilitate easy pre-3 minute dragons. This led to the following game: rally. [/spoiler]
    You, sir, remind me of the fact that I hate Shaco right now. I don't think a champ can currently get more annoying...
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

30. - Top - End - #180

So I am sitting in Mumble listening to a game with aethernox playing support Anivia. Sounds like it is going poorly.