New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXI: The Great and Powerful XXXie!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Oh yeah, and Skyrim is totally the reason why I'm not posting right now. I saw something cool on the horizon, spent 25 minutes navigating towards it, find out that it's a lighthouse, go inside, and find an elaborate quest involving thousands of poisonous bugs coming out of the floor. This was such an out-of-the-way, middle of nowhere random dungeon that had serious levels of thought and an hour and a half of gameplay that most people would simply never see. I love that. Exploration is one of my favourite things to do in games, and the main reason I loved Oblivion.
    Sounds cool. I played Oblivion and while the exploration was fun at first, I found many of the dungeons got very samey after a while, and very few had specific quests for them.

That said, I did find a pair of boots of water walking in an old burial mound and was very happy. ^^

I am also playing catgirl Palpatine and it's fantastic.
    I am intrigued! Pics?

My Oblivion character was vampire lizardman Robin Hood. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    *Finds said thread*

So Much Text! How in the world can you manage to keep up with that, Ponythread, the IRC, and still have time for real life?!

My only guess that that is what happens when four of the most brilliant minds in Ponythread are all together at once without the distractions of us lesser ponies.

Edit: Will attempt to read later... wish me luck.
    Can anyone link us to this legendary thread? I wouldn't mind taking a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Also, ponythread, I AM DISAPPOINT. I went to bed early, and not even ONE page by the time I get back?
    I know, it's weird. I opened Firefox, refreshed the page (since I always have ponythread open) and no new pages. WAT.

So... here's this pic I just found.
    Spoiler
    Show

Organized Chaos. Geddit?

Poor mini Celestia and Luna though.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

So in other news i had my first pony-related dream last night (No i did not star in it thank Celestia) but unfortunately i can't mention the full details due to... yeah. Will say I’m glad the two episodes (or apparently one episode and canon interactive videogame) which i thought were real and everypony was 0k with, are not actually real... Apparently Rarity had a choice of hunting down some sentient plant creatures for their vines or some mindless zombies for their entrails in order to cure Twilight of some... thing. And apparently hunting the mindless zombies was morally wrong instead of the reading-writing-and-speaking plant people.

So yeah... Dreams are weird yo.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    And some pony:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You spin me right round filly right round!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #873
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I am intrigued! Pics?

My Oblivion character was vampire lizardman Robin Hood. Good times.
    One second...

Spoiler
    Show

Got a thousand volts of lightnin' coursin' through my veins,
    Got steel in my claws and it's flavour is pain
    You been playin' with fire, you're gonna get burned
    You're in over your head, another lesson to be learned

Can anyone link us to this legendary thread? I wouldn't mind taking a look.
    Yo. Check out the game design journals in the first post, too. (Should mention not recruiting)
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-11-15 at 08:01 AM.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

Real life?
    My day was
    Wake up -> IRC -> Nap -> tell Braz about IRC + coffee -> some video games while Braz chatted with ponies -> Go to work wi' Braz, skim the net all day -> come home and ponies -> dinner and ponies -> check OOC thread for the billionth time -> Blame Lix Lorn -> Ponies -> tipple -> and now ponies.
    Hmm. Have you considered adding more pony?
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by legomaster00156 View Post
    ... Ok, that's really creepy.
    I try my best! Welcome to ponythread, where the sanity is optional! (Read: Not Recommended)

My only guess that that is what happens when four of the most brilliant minds in Ponythread are all together at once without the distractions of us lesser ponies.

Edit: Will attempt to read later... wish me luck.
    It really doesn't take that long. Generally I get my quote posts out of the way over my morning coffee amp Caffeine Drip. Like I'm doing right now! Only eats an hour of the day, and I'm all energized (both from the pony and the stimulants) and I'm good to go!

Welp it's Tuesday now, and I don't remember seeing that quotepost.

Seriously, though. Sounds like you had a great time there! Tell us more about it, Please!
    I... I got lazy. Please don't be mad at me...

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Oh yeah, and character naming. I mean how do you name a character without it sounding as common as "Bob" or as strange as "Neureek, Retut or Squalookle"?
    This is how I name a character when one just won't come to me.

In other news, somepony is storyboarding a fan animated episode. Had me fooled for a moment into thinking the storyboarding was for a real one O_o
    You're not the only one. I did too.

Ep 7 Speculation

Spoiler
    Show
    I kind of have this feeling RD will sing a song in this one about flying, but maybe that's just because I've been listening to her solo in Best Night Ever one too many times.
    I very much hope you're right.

Also, ponythread, I AM DISAPPOINT. I went to bed early, and not even ONE page by the time I get back?
    Honestly, I've noticed we've died down a bit at night recently. I mean, we still get four or five pages over the course of the day (well, my day) but the other-side-of-the-worlders have been conspicuously absent... My my. Might Skyrim be bigger over there?

So... here's this pic I just found.
    Spoiler
    Show

Organized Chaos. Geddit?

*Snrk*

Employee of the Infinity. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Yes. More pony is always the answer. Always more Pony. I called into a radio show this morning on the way to work to make a pony reference.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-11-15 at 08:16 AM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ettin in the Playground

Apparently the GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie will be appearing soon in blind bags. Well,sort of, it's a recolored Rarity with Trixie's cutie mark and eyes. We don't know the name they're using yet though.
    So they're releasing toys of the antagonists now? Well, it's one small step forward for ponies, one giant leap for- yeah, you get the idea. Let's hope they don't call her "Tricky Twinkle" or something like that.
    EDIT: I just realized what Silver Spoon's special talent is, she's a poison checker! Silver spoons have in the past been used to detect poison, because they're tarnished when they come into contact with sulfur. That, or she is a sidekick to The Tick.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-11-15 at 08:43 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

7. - Top - End - #877

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    EDIT: I just realized what Silver Spoon's special talent is, she's a poison checker! Silver spoons have in the past been used to detect poison, because they're tarnished when they come into contact with sulfur. That, or she is a sidekick to The Tick.
    Or her cutie mark just denotes that she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth; To have opportunities that you did not earn but that you have from the influence of your family. Her special talent could very well be capitalizing on her family name and her status, ergo, she got the silver spoon the day she realized she was a stuck up little [REDACTED].

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

8. - Top - End - #878
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I would so pay to see her reaction when she finds out that last one is true; because while her reaction to the former would be funny, the look on her face when she realises that this - this is what she's gong to be doing with her life, would absolutely priceless...

Speaking of daft superheroes, why has there still not yet been any crossovers with Earthworm Jim?

I can totally see a pony-shaped supersuited Jim (with Peter Puppy ... actually much as he is) loudly doing battle (with the assistance of Luna in full CANTALOT VOICE MODE (replacing Princess What's-Her-Name) against (pony) Professor Donkey-Foe-A-Head.

Huh, I just realised, even Earthworm Jim adheres to the "Princess good, Queen evil" what with Queen Pulsating, Bloated, Festering, Sweaty, Pus-filled, Malformed, Slug-for-a-Butt...

Also, the haggis running gag would be really dark... and so even more funny.

Spike (to Peter Puppy): Are you sure you don't what some? This haggis I found in Professor Donkey-For-A-Head's lair is really good! I wonder what it's made from?

Peter (deadpan): The heart, lungs and liver of a sheep, boiled in it's own intestines.

Spike: *freezes mid-chew, eyes growing very large*

*beat*

*spittake*

*cut to Spike frantically cleaning out his mouth with the aid of bleach and the toilet brush*
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-11-15 at 09:02 AM.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Or her cutie mark just denotes that she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth; To have opportunities that you did not earn but that you have from the influence of your family. Her special talent could very well be capitalizing on her family name and her status, ergo, she got the silver spoon the day she realized she was a stuck up little [REDACTED].
    Or that, yeah.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

10. - Top - End - #880
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    Well my first problem is that I haven't written a story since my High School English class made me for an assignment

I'm breaking it up into conceptual pieces at the moment and tackling them one at time.

First up whys and motivations. Fluttershy is in a strange town on her own because she's trying to become more independent and assertive she considers facing a bunch of strangers without the backup of the other Elements a personal challenge to overcome.

Of course while she has some similar behavior in the show so far they've been mostly baby steps (and adorable). What would motivate her to take such a big challenging step relatively speaking?

Then fleshing out the threat. I want something Fluttershy can reasonably handle with the support of few competent normal ponies but it has to be big enough that it motivates her to act now and directly rather than just have the town hunker down and wait for backup from her friends. Simplest thing to do would have the threat be a powerful unpredictable wild animal. Play directly to her strength of talent and the Stare. A bit cheap and repetitive to the show though. My idea for the real conflict in any case is Fluttershy's internal one from being thrust into a leadership position where she has to show confidence and assertiveness lest the townsponies who see her as a major hero lose hope.
    This is a good idea for a story, and I would be interested in reading it.

Of course, my first idea when it comes to "imminent threat requiring leadership" is "zombie horde", but somehow I don't think that's what you're going for...

So here's this pic I just found.
    Spoiler
    Show

Organized Chaos. Geddit?

I love the alliterative diploma. Poor little bobblehead princesses...

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *Earthworm Jim snip*
    I have fond, if vague, memories of Earthworm Jim. I'd love to see this crossover.

Although now that I think about it, I could probably dig up the episodes on youtube or something by now...

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

I would so pay to see her reaction when she finds out that last one is true; because while her reaction to the former would be funny, the look on her face when she realises that this - this is what she's gong to be doing with her life, would absolutely priceless...

Speaking of daft superheroes, why has there still not yet been any crossovers with Earthworm Jim?

I can totally see a pony-shaped supersuited Jim (with Peter Puppy ... actually much as he is) loudly doing battle (with the assistance of Luna in full CANTALOT VOICE MODE (replacing Princess What's-Her-Name) against (pony) Professor Donkey-Foe-A-Head.

Huh, I just realised, even Earthworm Jim adheres to the "Princess good, Queen evil" what with Queen Pulsating, Bloated, Festering, Sweaty, Pus-filled, Malformed, Slug-for-a-Butt...

Spike (to Peter Puppy): Are you sure you don't what some? This haggis I found in Professor Donkey-For-A-Head's lair is really good! I wonder what it's made from?

Peter (deadpan): The heart, lungs and liver of a sheep, boiled in it's own intestines.

*beat*

*spittake*

*cut to Spike frantically cleaning out his mouth with the aid of bleach and the toilet brush*
    Are you sure? He took the baked bads out of the bin, and loved them.
    Surely, he pauses, shrugs, "It's good!" and everyone else spittakes?

12. - Top - End - #882
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    I have fond, if vague, memories of Earthworm Jim. I'd love to see this crossover.

Although now that I think about it, I could probably dig up the episodes on youtube or something by now...
    To my great delight, a boxed set came out on DVD (in Austraila of all places!) earlier this year, and I couldn't snap it up fast enough.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

One second...

Spoiler
    Show

Got a thousand volts of lightnin' coursin' through my veins,
    Got steel in my claws and it's flavour is pain
    You been playin' with fire, you're gonna get burned
    You're in over your head, another lesson to be learned
    Awesome. Try and get her a cloak with a hood for the full effect :P

Yo. Check out the game design journals in the first post, too. (Should mention not recruiting)
    Cool, I'll check it out next chance I get.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Honestly, I've noticed we've died down a bit at night recently. I mean, we still get four or five pages over the course of the day (well, my day) but the other-side-of-the-worlders have been conspicuously absent... My my. Might Skyrim be bigger over there?

Yes. More pony is always the answer. Always more Pony.
    Agreed. I've had to sacrifice a lot of my pony time for organic chemistry time, which is not nearly as good. So, I'm now facing a shortage. Don't suppose any of you has some pony to spare?

*beat*

*spittake*

Huh. I haven't seen that show in 12 years and I can still hum the theme song.

15. - Top - End - #885

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Huh. I haven't seen that show in 12 years and I can still hum the theme song.
    *ahem*

EARTHWORM JIM,
    THE SOIL HE DID CRAWL
    EARTHWORM JIM,
    A SUPER SUIT DID FALL.

JIM WAS JUST A DIRT EATING,
    CHEWY LENGTH OF WORM FLESH
    BUT ALL THAT CAME TO A CRASH
    AND GAVE HIM LOTS OF POWER

EARTHWORM JIM,
    HE'S SUCH A GROOVY GUY
    EARTHWORM JIM,
    HE ROCKET'S THROUGH THE SKY

CRUISING THROUGH THE UNIVERSE
    HAVING LOT'S OF FUN,
    HERE COMES EARTHWORM JIM YOU KNOW
    THAT HE'S THE MIGHTY ONE
    LOOK OUT!

LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA....

DESPITE HIS GREAT BIG MUSCLES
    AND HIS REALLY BIG RAY GUN,
    JIM IS STILL AN EARTHWORM
    BUT THEN HE'S THE ONLY ONE,

WITH A SUPER SUIT TO MAKE HIM REALLY SUPER STRONG,
    JIM CAN BE A WINNER IF WE ONLY SING ALONG...
    (ALRIGHT)

EARTHWORM JIM,
    WE THINK HE'S MIGHTY FINE
    EARTHWORM JIM,
    A HERO FOR ALL TIME

EARTHWORM,
    EARTHWORM,
    EARTHWORM,

EARTHWORM, JIM
    HOORAY FOR HIMMMMMMMM

We now take you back to your regularly scheduled pony.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-11-15 at 09:53 AM.

16. - Top - End - #886

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post

Spoiler
    Show

HHNNNNNNG-

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

Real life?
    My day was
    Wake up -> IRC -> Nap -> tell Braz about IRC + coffee -> some video games while Braz chatted with ponies -> Go to work wi' Braz, skim the net all day -> come home and ponies -> dinner and ponies -> check OOC thread for the billionth time -> Blame Lix Lorn -> Ponies -> tipple -> and now ponies.
    ...I think that may be too much pony. Seriously. Maybe you should, I dunno, dilute it with something else? Like, say, I dunno, crosstichting?
    Well, presumably, she'd be really, really good at it. So perhaps she can just glance at a dish and identify the ingredients? In which case, she decides to be a food critic and not a poison tester because your CM doesn't actually determine your place in society?

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I just finished episode 10. What happened to make it so that Pinkie Pie is the only one that knows what's going on?
    Extended Signature

Words of Wisdom from other Playgrounders:
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I've seen horsemancers absolutely shred campaigns.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Dwarf in the Playground

While I was rewatching Bridle gossip in order to grab screenshots (research) I noticed something I hadn't caught before. When RD crashes on top of Applejack and "rescues" her from being trapped on the branch, AJ says "Thank Celestia."

Another data point for the theory that Celestia is actually seen as something of a god figure by the general population of ponies.
    "Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, given that she controls the sun, holds near-deific power, has ruled for a millennia, and before that defeated both Discord (with Luna) and Nightmare Moon, I'd say it's not all that unreasonable for her to be treated like that (not to mention she is also a kind and benevolent ruler, Tyrant Celestia not being remotely canon). If she wants to be treated like that, though, that's another matter.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2011-11-15 at 10:41 AM.

21. - Top - End - #891

Spoiler
    Show
    The Small and Adorable Trixie!

Edit: and my new avatar is up. Thanqol didn't think it was a spoiler and I don't either but if someone wants it gone I'll take it back down.
    Last edited by Bayonet Priest; 2011-11-15 at 10:57 AM.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    Well, given that she controls the sun, holds near-deific power, has ruled for a millennia, and before that defeated both Discord (with Luna) and Nightmare Moon, I'd say it's not all that unreasonable for her to be treated like that (not to mention she is also a kind and benevolent ruler, Tyrant Celestia not being remotely canon). If she wants to be treated like that, though, that's another matter.
    You know, I'm not sure about that whole "near deific power" thing. She's dispelled magic and teleported before, and she's really, really old, but I'm not sure if she's all that powerful.

Raising the sun is inconclusive! That is, I don't know if it's and accurate measure of her power or not.

Wait, darn it, I just remembered Luna. Ok, nevermind, near deific power it is. I'm not going to just cancel this post because people seem to prefer that there are more of those.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm pretty sure he just wants attention..."
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-11-15 at 11:16 AM.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

It just dawned on me, the neck-thingies that Celestia and Luna wear, they're actually harnesses or yokes, much like the one Big Mac wears but obviously a lot more... decorative.

Going with what was said recently about them being inspired by the Old Norse Skinfaxi and Hrímfaxi, these harnesses are obviously symbolic of how they pull the sun and the moon across the sky, like they'd pull a chariot.

Does that make sense, or did my mind just melt down or something?

24. - Top - End - #894
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    It just dawned on me, the neck-thingies that Celestia and Luna wear, they're actually harnesses or yokes, much like the one Big Mac wears but obviously a lot more... decorative.

Going with what was said recently about them being inspired by the Old Norse Skinfaxi and Hrímfaxi, these harnesses are obviously symbolic of how they pull the sun and the moon across the sky, like they'd pull a chariot.

Does that make sense, or did my mind just melt down or something?
    Or its just an item of balance and making them look more impressive?

Since pimped out dresses would conflict with their magical manes.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Banned

Martians appreciate art? Oh, good, I was worried they'd destroy the museums when they conquer the world.
    Well they've got to appreciate something, not like those dirty stinkin' Venusians...

I love naming, it's one of my favourite things. My process is to stare at the screen, defocus my mind, and play word association. Just start writing whatever descriptive words come to mind. I collect 5-10 of them and then looking for either audio patterns or feel or sound. What works, what doesn't. Associations and metaphors are brilliant and the more of them that can be invoked the better. There are a few other rests, like how it feels to shout, what the basic attitude and volume is behind the name. How it sounds like when they say it, when someone who hates them says it, when someone who loves them whispers it.
    He is also rather good at this sort of thing, having conscripted him for help before.

Phoe's got a standing invite to this game, if she ever stops being crazy busy.

In which case, I'm the weak link to go, so one of you has to run it.
    On the one hoof, not sure of her experiences with Mage. On the other, perfect excuse to use Midnight...

whut. ;-;
    Oh come now, you know I'm joking right? About the vitriol, at least; "Lix Lorn" is a rather frequently given reason for something around here.

Yeah, it's weird. There was like, nothing to respond to for a stretch there. I blam this 'Skyrim' game. You have no idea how tempting it was to say "and LIX LORN".

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Yes! But then I'd have to give up sleep. I mean, I became a pony, so at this point staying awake longer is all I've got left to increase my dosage.

Oooooh, unless I could become two ponies.

DiamondTiara had a cookie accident, and gained her cutie mark from giving someony a poison apple. Her family, big fairy tale buffs, regale her with her destiny; "for the sake of the plot, DiamondTiara, you are going to have to poison somepony out of jealousy and then get killed."

She takes this seriously. I mean, sure, the 'get killed' part is no fun, but so what, what of it? Everypony dies. Not everypony dies doing something great. DiamondTiara, she will change thecourse of history. She's got one chance, so she's going to make it a good one.

Her butler's daughter, SilverSpoon, earned her cutie mark by preventing several severe cases of food poisoning, and helping DiamondTiara figure out that she only really got one shot, and not to blow it in practice runs.

*ahem*
    Welp. That's going to be in my head all day. Great.
    That and the theme for Conan The Adventurer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oooh, cute. Saved as reference.
    Given leg positioning and muzzle shape, does anypony else think this is one half of a vector, where she's making out with somepony?

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    You know, I'm not sure about that whole "near deific power" thing. She's dispelled magic and teleported before, and she's really, really old, but I'm not sure if she's all that powerful.

Raising the sun is inconclusive! That is, I don't know if it's and accurate measure of her power or not.

Wait, darn it, I just remembered Luna. Ok, nevermind, near deific power it is. I'm not going to just cancel this post because people seem to prefer that there are more of those.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm pretty sure he just wants attention..."
    Its a combination of factors. Again, it requires better conception of what a god is that what most people are given without a bit of independent study.

An immortal being who shaped the world as you know it, is patron of your city state, with awesome displays of power, humility and grace; able to create the day As well as effortlessly pull offmagics few mortal ponies have mastered.

How does that not sound like a god?

Trouble is, conception. We have a munch of beliefs based on media which just don't make much sense. For one, 'gods require worship as sustenance' which is patently ridiculous. I never did understand how folks could think Saturn would fall from orbit and time would lose meaning if people stopped believing in it. And there is the D&D "powerful outsider" issue of 'it's a powerful outsider, not a god'. I mean, there comes a point where you have to arbitrarily assign a baseline. It's out of my hands to determine the ontological status of a being of that magnitude, y'know?

Not sure what I think of your thing, Deadly.
    Perhaps the harnesses are symbolic? Representative of restraint, and being harnessed for the good of all; the horse is symbolic of running and freedom, but the plow is central to human development. Chariots were important as well; I want to say a sign of royalty but it's from a poon t where military and royalty overlap too much for me to trust my reflexes.

Perhaps like a river, they are 'dammed' to focus their energies, hone them?the sacrifice the Royal Sisters had to make to defeat discord. The power to succeed, at the cost of their freedom. Upon donning their gear, they recorded their cutie marks - symbolic of their now permanent dedication. Ponies have achieved them ever since, through sympathetic resonance.

Hm. Makes sense to me. Also makes sense why Nightmare Moon switched from harness to armor.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

Well they've got to appreciate something, not like those dirty stinkin' Venusians...
    Obscure anime reference, go!

And pony:

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    And pony:
    Oh no, is Derpy breaking the fourth wall now too? I don't know how much more that thing can stand with Pinkie and Spike already doing a number on it.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

28. - Top - End - #898

Joke's on you! I don't have a life!

If you do read through that entire thread and have any thoughts or questions, I'd love to hear them, by the way. Part of this game setup is to really refine my GMing process and produce a better class of game than I've historically run. Send me a PM or something
    The only problem is that the only tabletop system that I'm actually familiar with is D&D 3.5/Pathfinder. I guess I'll look through the thread when I have some time... but...

So much text...

Real life?
    My day was
    That happens often enough to warrant putting it on your schedule? I mean, sure, that's kinda my default for everything but, normally I just blame Lixie whenever it's appropriate.

You blighters got a fourth to replace me? And their smart?
    I've been replaced by Phoe?

Actually I can't even mock rage at that. Now I wanna see what kind of Mage she'd come up with XD

Welp there goes that joke.
    I'm gonna let you in on a little secret: The four ponies that I was talking about are Thanqol, Esper, Raz, and you, SiuiS! Ha! Try to misconstrue that!

whut. ;-;
    Well, who do you think we blame whenever Midnight starts getting into some shenanigans? It's just that Midnight getting into trouble happens like clockwork around here. You know, you should probably keep a better eye on your student.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    So in other news i had my first pony-related dream last night (No i did not star in it thank Celestia) but unfortunately i can't mention the full details due to... yeah. Will say I’m glad the two episodes (or apparently one episode and canon interactive videogame) which i thought were real and everypony was 0k with, are not actually real... Apparently Rarity had a choice of hunting down some sentient plant creatures for their vines or some mindless zombies for their entrails in order to cure Twilight of some... thing. And apparently hunting the mindless zombies was morally wrong instead of the reading-writing-and-speaking plant people.

So yeah... Dreams are weird yo.
    Hey! Zombies are (former)people too!

So that's one of the stories, any details about the other?

I... I got lazy. Please don't be mad at me...
    Didn't you see my Ponymote? I'm not mad! I'm just very sad that we didn't get that quotepost yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Must. Hug. Trixie.

I just finished episode 10. What happened to make it so that Pinkie Pie is the only one that knows what's going on?
    The short explanation is that Pinkie Pie has likely dealt with Parasprites before.

The longer, slightly more spoileriffic answer is that Pinkie grew up quite a ways outside Ponyville, so it is possible that a Parasprite invasion could have affected her family, but not get to Ponyville at all.

Honestly, we don't know precisely how Pinkie knew what to do about the Parasprites. My guess is that Pinkie just rolled really high on her Bardic Knowledge check.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

My laptop is breaking down. Which is really crappy cause the guys I usually go to to fix it are really busy all of a sudden so I could be without my computer for 10 or more days. Been trying to keep using my computer anyways but its getting worse. Bleh time to back-up everything and get it in.

This has caused me to binge on ponyfics or is at least the excuse for the binge. Has anypony else read Nightmares don't last Forever? It's really good so far and I'm looking forward to more.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes! But then I'd have to give up sleep.
    Two birds with one stone, as they say. Except one of the birds is pony, and the stone is also pony. This made more sense in my head.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-11-15 at 01:14 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.