New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 135 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3585110125126127128129130131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,050 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #4021
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Wait, seriously? This was actually an idea at one point? One that we still might wind up seeing when it's all over?
    Maybe. But it might be a long shot. Does he build it in 3.5 even though 10 years from now, when it is ready, no one is playing 3.5? Or does he build it in the current popular edition, even though it might be an edition that doesn't work with the strips at all and/or an edition that rich knows little about?

See the dilemma?

2. - Top - End - #4022
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    If your email for Amazon and your email for Kickstarter don't match, it goes to the one you have Amazon under. Have you checked that?

Just a thought to help cover your bases.
    Ach, there it is! Thanks!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #4023
    Bugbear in the Playground

You wanted all of our achievements? Here you go. (Shale is responsible for alot of these names. Some liberty may have been taken with the rest)

Achievement Unlocked: Take That, Eagle Awards! (Become the top-funded comics project)
    Achievement Unlocked: Big Spenders (Fund the three $1,250 stories)
    Achievement Unlocked: It's A Secret To Everyone (Fund the $4,000 Mystery Box)
    Achievement Unlocked: Priceless Work Of Crayon (Fund the $5,000 cameo)
    Achievement Unlocked: Quadruple-Digit Fans (Reach 1,000 donors)
    Achievement Unlocked: We Live In The Valley To The South (Reach 5,000 donors)
    Achievement Unlocked: We've All Heard The Joke (Reach 9,001 donors)
    Achievement Unlocked: We are Legion! (Reach 14,000 donors)
    Achievement Unlocked: Stickstarter (Minimum Print Run [War and XPs])
    Achievement Unlocked: Win The War (Full Size Print Run [War and XPs])
    Achievement Unlocked: Part 2: The Beginning (Full Size Print Run [On the Origins of PCs])
    Achievement Unlocked: Feelin' Blue (Minimum Print Run [No Cure for the Paladin Blues])
    Achievement Unlocked: To Azure City! (Full Size Print Run [No Cure for the Paladin Blues])
    Achievement Unlocked: Pretty Good Advice (Minimum Print Run [Don't Split the Party])
    Achievement Unlocked: Getting the Band Back Together (Full Size Print Run [Don't Split the Party])
    Achievement Unlocked: One In The Bank (Pre-emptively fund: Full Size Print Run [Start of Darkness])
    Achievement Unlocked: Stay Away From Haley (Pre-emptively fund: Full Size Print Run [Dungeon Crawlin' Fools])
    Achievement Unlocked: Bookshelf of Holding (Get all seven books in print at once)
    Achievement Unlocked: Broken Graph (Exceed the limits of the graph before Rich can update)
    Achievement Unlocked: Double Order (Force Rich to expand the print runs through pre-orders alone)
    Achievement Unlocked: Too Much Is Never Enough (Expand the print run twice)
    Achievement Unlocked: Artist Needs Funds, Badly! (Pledge so much that Rich has to raise administrative funds to cover the cost of the drive itself)
    Achievement Unlocked: Artistic Liscense (Get Rich to produce an 8x10 print of the massive cast posters)
    Achievement Unlocked: Order Up A Scribble (The Order of the Stick Coloring Book produced)
    Achievement Unlocked: No More Books? No Problem (Bribe Rich into producing new and different swag)
    Achievement Unlocked: Make The Sticky Schticks Stick (Bribe Rich into releasing the adventure game expansion)
    Achievement Unlocked: Show Your Pride (Bribe Rich into producing the OOTS Kickstarter patch)
    Achievement Unlocked: Off The Rails (Claim victory over the DM comic author by forcing him to run out of things to produce with the pledge funds)
    Achievement Unlocked: Scoundrél Sequel (Mystery Prize #1 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: I Guess We'll Need Torches Or Something (Mystery Prize #2 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Back To The Beginning (Mystery Prize #3 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Wallpapers! (Mini-Prize #1 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: The Order of the Stickers! (Mini-Prize #2 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: OotS Hit Point Pad! (Mini-Prize #3 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Tall Graph, Tall Tale (Mystery Prize #4 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Mild Amnesia (Hit goals so fast that Rich loses count and skips Mystery Prize #5)
    Achievement Unlocked: Messy Pile Of Fiery Wax (Mystery Prize #6 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Twig Figures (Mystery Prize #7 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Encore Presentation (Mystery Prize #8 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Dance Puppet, Dance! (+1 day to Week of OOTS sometime later this year)
    Achievement Unlocked: More Dancing, Puppet! (+2 days to Week of OOTS sometime later this year)
    Achievement Unlocked: The Monster Mash (A Monster for All Seasons achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Move the line! (Mystery Prize #9 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Got What We Came For (Raise $57,750)
    Achievement Unlocked: Here There Be Dragons... (Raise over $500,000)
    Achievement Unlocked: It's over Nine (Hundred) Thousand! (Raise over $900,000)
    Achievement Unlocked: Million Dollar Club (One MILLION dollars raised)
    Achievement Unlocked: Make History (Place in the top ten Kickstarters of all time)
    Achievement Unlocked: One For The Record Books (Reach the top five all-time Kickstarters by funding)
    Achievement Unlocked: Just a Speed Bump (Place as the #4 all time Kickstarter drive)
    Achievement Unlocked: Third Place Pays For All (Place as the #3 all time Kickstarter drive)
    Achievement Unlocked: Binary Beast ($100000000000000000000 in base 2 raised)
    Achievement Unlocked: Overkill (Original goal exceeded by $1 Million)
    Achievement Unlocked: 10 Times the Funding of Mortal Men! (1000% funding achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Epic Level Funding! (2000% funding exceeded)
    Achievement Unlocked: Thor's Fan's Love (Ach, it's not THA kind o' love!) (Get heartfelt thanks from Rich for showing him that his work is greatly loved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Holy crap, you guys thought I was serious about that? (Make a serious bid for Rich's last unrealistic goal)
    Achievement Unlocked: Breaking Kickstarter (Have more backers than allowed on a limited reward)
    Achievement Unlocked: You Totally Kicked Kickstarter's ASS!!! (Dude, I think we crashed Kickstarter...)
    Achievement Unlocked: Mainstream is so last decade. (Backers officially exceed circulation of some popular mainstream comics as stated by a major news outlet)

Wow, that's alot...
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2012-02-22 at 02:27 AM.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

4. - Top - End - #4024
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    If your email for Amazon and your email for Kickstarter don't match, it goes to the one you have Amazon under. Have you checked that?

Just a thought to help cover your bases.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Ach, there it is! Thanks!
    My tremendous thanks! After the first hour I had closed my primary email since I was only checking the other. My extra payment went through. My bank account is now crying but I am dancing.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

5. - Top - End - #4025
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    You wanted all of our achievements? Here you go. (Shale is responsible for alot of these names. Some liberty may have been taken with the rest)

<snip 60 achievements>

Wow, that's alot...
    Sweet, I needed the boost to my gamer score!

You could probably though a couple in for the delay in payments going through (we're complaining that they're lot taking our money fast enough), and the sheer number of comments it got

6. - Top - End - #4026
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Sweet, I needed the boost to my gamer score!

You could probably though a couple in for the delay in payments going through (we're complaining that they're lot taking our money fast enough), and the sheer number of comments it got
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavensrule
    Confirmed, there were at least 4 seperate "final" totals
    $1,253,509 (that appeared as soon as the time was up, and Rich used for the first chart)
    $1,253,757 (that I captured but can't post without a host site)
    $1,253,841 (that Crisis21 posted)
    $1,254,120 (current total that has stayed steady for over an hour now)

Achievement Unlocked: What was the final total again? (we're complaining that they're not taking our money fast enough)
    And for me and others with more than one pledge.
    Achievement Unlocked: Praise Thor it went through! (finding out that the emails will all go to the Amazon account despite the origin of the pledge)
    Achievement Unlocked: Frantic FanBoy/Girl (jumping through hoops trying to get funding when Debit cards and Prepaid cards did not work)
    Last edited by Skavensrule; 2012-02-22 at 02:00 AM.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    I participated!

7. - Top - End - #4027
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skavensrule View Post
    My tremendous thanks! After the first hour I had closed my primary email since I was only checking the other. My extra payment went through. My bank account is now crying but I am dancing.
    Not a problem. I thought I'd pass along the word once I saw people were confused, since I had the two email issue as well.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

8. - Top - End - #4028
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

All said and done, it's a pity Kickstarter can't be used by a non-US citizen :/

9. - Top - End - #4029
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post

<snip>

Wow, that's alot...
    Many thanks, sir! I thought they'd be an entertaining read, and indeed they were.

Now I need to find something new to occupy my time, since F5'ing the Kickstarter page is no longer nearly as rewarding...

10. - Top - End - #4030
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terribad View Post
    Uh... Do you mean for starting projects? (I have no idea in that case)

Because if it's for pledging, I think you'll find that over half the orders were from people outside the U.S.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

11. - Top - End - #4031
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sorator View Post
    Many thanks, sir! I thought they'd be an entertaining read, and indeed they were.

Now I need to find something new to occupy my time, since F5'ing the Kickstarter page is no longer nearly as rewarding...
    Alternative titles I considered for the Coloring Book achievement: Get Your Color On, and Declare a Crayon-ocracy!
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

12. - Top - End - #4032
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

I'm certain that'd be because of Amazon payments - there's certainly a market opportunity there...

and also somehow glad to see I'm not the only one missing refreshing Kickstarter! I've donated to other projects but none were like this, chasing goals and constant updates...

13. - Top - End - #4033
    Troll in the Playground

I'm still surprised it can't.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

14. - Top - End - #4034
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I'm still surprised it can't.
    It can, but with a credit card. In some cases, it can be used even with alternate forms of payment (judging from someone who managed to pay with a European pre-paid card), but not in all cases (judging from myself, who couldn't pay with -another- European pre-paid card, and had to resort to a friend's credit card instead). Don't ask me when it works and when it doesn't, I have no idea.

I believe that only US citizens can start a pledge drive on Kickstarter, but that's another matter.
    "We need the excuse of fiction to stage what we truly are." ~ Slavoj Žižek, The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema
    "El bien más preciado es la libertad" ~ Valeriano Orobón Fernández, A las barricadas
    "If civilization has an opposite, it is war." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Roguish | We Were Rogue | [3.5] Greek Mythology Variant | [3.5] The Fey Compendium

15. - Top - End - #4035
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessMermaid View Post
    It can, but with a credit card. In some cases, it can be used even with alternate forms of payment (judging from someone who managed to pay with a European pre-paid card), but not in all cases (judging from myself, who couldn't pay with -another- European pre-paid card, and had to resort to a friend's credit card instead). Don't ask me when it works and when it doesn't, I have no idea.
    This is something that Amazon should definately work to fix or at least inform the person at the time of the pledge that it could be a problem. If a card works for normal Amazon purchases why not for this?
    I believe that only US citizens can start a pledge drive on Kickstarter, but that's another matter.
    This is the situation and KickStarter has some info on their site about this. To go into too much detail would violate the rules of this forum legal issues, so that probably won't change soon.
    I participated!

16. - Top - End - #4036
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm a bit confused. I got the Amazon e-mail confirming payment, but it doesn't seem to have come off my credit card yet and I don't see this "Collected" thing on the Kickstarter site--where exactly should I be seeing this?

17. - Top - End - #4037
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I'm a bit confused. I got the Amazon e-mail confirming payment, but it doesn't seem to have come off my credit card yet and I don't see this "Collected" thing on the Kickstarter site--where exactly should I be seeing this?
    Credit card: Can't help there as it all depends on the card/bank/card type, check with the issuing bank to find out if it does not show up soon.

KickStarter: Upper right of the screen has a blue box labled "Me" click on it and a drop-down menu will show. Click on "My backer history". One of the columns is for funds collected.
    I participated!

18. - Top - End - #4038
    Dwarf in the Playground

I checked my credit card's online balance. The Kickstarter pledges don't show up yet, but the available amount is lower than it was before the Kickstarter ended (and the difference matches the pledged amount after currency conversion).
    I guess it's only a matter of time until it shows up in the online balance. I got the comfirmation mails, and it says "Collected" on Kickstarter, and the available amount for my credit card changed, so right now I don't worry at all.

19. - Top - End - #4039
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

KickStarter: Upper right of the screen has a blue box labled "Me" click on it and a drop-down menu will show. Click on "My backer history". One of the columns is for funds collected.
    Aha, that was the problem--NoScript was preventing that menu opening. Yep, that says Collected, so I guess I ought to stop worrying about it; I'm sure it'll show up on my credit card statement soon enough.

[EDIT] Oh, and my "credit available" is down by the amount of my pledge, too...didn't notice that, Honigmuffin!
    Last edited by factotum; 2012-02-22 at 02:59 AM.

20. - Top - End - #4040
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Actually mentioned in the podcast interview. He started one, but shelved it when 4th edition was announced. No way it could be done in time for this pledge and besides he likely won't release anything like that until the storyline is finished due to spoilers.

So look for it in 9th Edition D&D
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Maybe. But it might be a long shot. Does he build it in 3.5 even though 10 years from now, when it is ready, no one is playing 3.5? Or does he build it in the current popular edition, even though it might be an edition that doesn't work with the strips at all and/or an edition that rich knows little about?

See the dilemma?

Well, I think it really ought to be in 3.5, since the world itself runs that way in the comic, and 3.5 is just really good. But if that's not really feasible, maybe he could write all the fluff first, then either just release that or release it with two different crunches--classic 3.5 and whatever is the fad edition at that point.
    Last edited by Flame of Anor; 2012-02-22 at 03:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

21. - Top - End - #4041
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

This is the situation and KickStarter has some info on their site about this. To go into too much detail would violate the rules of this forum legal issues, so that probably won't change soon.
    I've been trying to look for it. I see only "we're working on it, thank you for your patience". Perhaps you could direct me to the pertinent link?

I suppose there would be issues like money laundering etc

22. - Top - End - #4042
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I've been trying to look for it. I see only "we're working on it, thank you for your patience". Perhaps you could direct me to the pertinent link?

I suppose there would be issues like money laundering etc
    That is the "some" part I was refering to. In the past I had looked into more details and found them but that was when I was still in the USA. Now I am in Germany and web searches don't work the way they should anymore. I can't find anything using "Yahoo", it will always try to redirect me to the "DE" version of a page even when if I type in the address directly. Google works better but is still not perfect. The key factor here is that the "We're working on it" has been there for two years so I don't expect any resolution soon.
    Last edited by Skavensrule; 2012-02-22 at 03:47 AM.
    I participated!

23. - Top - End - #4043
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Just to be clear, Kickstarter doesn't place any restrictions on pledging internationally - what I was referring to above was the other side of the equation, that drives can't be initiated outside.

On the pledging side, any issues with credit cards and payments through Amazon is due to what Amazon supports for the kickstarter-style payments - generally an authorisation is simple through your standard Visa/Mastercard/Amex, but because of the particular features Amazon requires of providers not everyone is supported globally. This includes the chargebacks and payment protection policies Amazon Payments requires.

The details get messy, but basically it sucks that it's not as easy as a transaction through Amazon in general, but you have to remember that a kickstarter pledge/transaction is fundamentally different to a simple purchase. I'm sure if PayPal supported the "pre-authorisation", Kickstarter would support that too, but that's the way things stand at the moment.

24. - Top - End - #4044
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

frown Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I can't believe I missed out on this by a mere 18 hours. 8(

Will there be any way to get some of the goodies still? Like the story...

*sulk*

Sad Panda

25. - Top - End - #4045
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Awwww, Pandaman. <random hug>

I'm sure that, eventually, those will come out in another way. After all, Rich now has the funds to produce practically any book that takes his fancy (if he's wise with investing the cushion).

26. - Top - End - #4046
    Pixie in the Playground

Have seen projects from Manchester UK and Belfast, so that isn't a given.

27. - Top - End - #4047
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Phew!

My Amazon payment finally cleared. It only took -hours- to sort it out.

Silly Barclay's and your over-keen anti-fraud automated blockers. Worse Barclay's and your infuriating layers of voice-mail hell!

Throwing $345 at Rich was so totally authorised from the start!

28. - Top - End - #4048
    Troll in the Playground

From Kickstarter:

Can people from outside the US pledge to projects?

Yes! Anyone, anywhere (with a major credit card) can pledge to Kickstarter projects.

I'm not in the US. Can I start a project on Kickstarter?

You don't have to physically be in the US, but there are some US requirements to be eligible. Please read: "Am I eligible to start a Kickstarter project?"

We’re working hard to open up to more countries. If you’ve been waiting, we really appreciate your patience.
    It can. One pledge drive is in Glasgow and Rich even stated he would ship internationally. Don't see where people keep getting this idea from. It's "can't be used without a credit card" not "can't be used internationally".

Now will people stop saying this. I'm in the UK and you keep scaring me, making me think I'm not getting me swag.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

29. - Top - End - #4049
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

F5 mob refugee checking into OOTS forums. Is this the right forum to hang out in?

30. - Top - End - #4050
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morgath View Post
    Have seen projects from Manchester UK and Belfast, so that isn't a given.
    Have seen several projects from companies based in China, so I imagine similar restrictions apply to starting a kickstarter as to pledging on one, a valid place to pull funds from and to put them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_DW View Post
    F5 mob refugee checking into OOTS forums. Is this the right forum to hang out in?
    Welcome to the board! It is a wonderful community with many diverse areas, such as random banter, continual story threads, all manner of rpg play by post games, discussion of rules and questions for every known tabletop rpg, movies, books and all other games forms.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-02-22 at 08:35 AM.