New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes of the Fall

Carolinus smiled 'Frellon.'

The god stood, his radiance suddenly blazed outward, the divine spark was reflected back by the shining marble opulence all around.

'I am he, and this is Markien. Welcome children of Frellon. The Lord of Arms, it suits him.
    'I have had long intention of visiting my brother, yet my presence has been needed here.'
    There was a sudden and great sadness in his mire and in his low deep voice 'Since Markien has been formed I have been needed here. First the original twelve tribes and those who joined us on the exodus, then the refugees fleeing the Bastard of the Titans, then the influx of the former Children of the Shadow, then the refugees of the Titans, then the Titans themselves. Every influx causes tension. I have but one law, yet if I were not here many would not follow it. I am meant to be the god of protection, yet they force me to stand over them, in executioner's garb, to keep the peace.'

He shook his head, dispelling the depression, becoming the Watchman once again 'This is not why you are here. Speak children of Frellon, deliver my brother's words.'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2012-10-09 at 04:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

The three spirits bowed in supplication, their faces were more or less featureless, but Carolinus could likely sense their confusion.

"We were given this task of finding thou, mere moments after our creation. Our task was to locate Markien and report. We do not know our Lord's mind, but we all sense that a weight lies upon him."

The seemingly head-spirit spent a brief moment confering with the other two. One of them saluted, and left the hall, passing through the walls, as if they were not there.

"He will complete our task, and report to our Lord. For we would remain, and learn of this place, if you would allow us."

--------------------------
    Half-a-day Later

Frellon crested a hill, and paused. Nothing but hills and more hills, far as he could see. But his eye caught on a glint of golden light, in the valley before him. One of his spirits raced faster than the wind, a dozen feet above the ground. He jogged down the hill to meet it, concern on his face. Hadn't he sent out three spirits?

When they were close enough, the Orunta spirit pulled up short and pulled a sharp salute. Frellon lifted his eyebrows in surprise. Where had it picked up that trick?

"I have returned my Lord!"

"Excellent. Where are the other two?"

"As you commanded, we sought out and found Markien. It indeed remained strong. Inside Markien we found Carolinus, he seemed well, though our experience in such things is sharply limited. The other two wished to remain longer, for Carolinus... was intriguing. He is a protector of many peoples. They stayed to learn more."

Frellon nodded, that made sense. There was likely much they could learn from his brother... There was much he could learn.

"You have done well. Now you will guide me to Markien, if anyone knows where I can find the Titans, Carolinus will."

"He mentioned that, my Lord."

Frellon started, suddenly eager.
    "He did?"

"Yes, he listed them as one of the peoples under his protection."

"He WHAT!"

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

A graceful tree stood in the center of the quiet clearing. It was peaceful – a slight breeze ruffled the branches on the tree. Squirrels chattered in the neighboring branches, but the tree itself was calm, an island of stability. The Arboreum stood, quiet and aloof from the complexities of the world. And Aramar slept within.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    A call had been sent out, a call had been answered. A smudge appeared on the horizon, a smudge that quickly approached as Haramhold and the Weaver spoke. Even as they noticed it, it spread from the horizon, a swirling, whirling swarm of bats. It approached quickly, eerie in its silent flight. As they approached, the watching deities noticed that the bats were of enormous size, with wingspans measuring close to a meter.

When the bats reached the two deities, they converged, becoming translucent shadows that slowly merged, phasing together into a formless darkness, out of which stepped Silvar. He bowed low to the two deities.

Greetings, Lords. I come in stead of Aramar, Master Hunter. Your call has been heard – I heard it in words spoken in anger, swearing binding oaths, and it bubbled in the cauldrons of alchemists making poisons for their foes. It came in the clang of hammers wielded by slaves in dungeons foul. I heard, and I came. I am Silvar, a part of Aramar, a mere…shadow of him, but I can help you with this…project…of yours. Aramar himself has taken more and more to the trees. Soon he might become one, I fear.

Silvar’s lips curl into a smile as he speaks, but as he finishes he loses a little of the mirth, becoming more serious. His last sentence conveys an attempt to regain the humor.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Vanara stood, blinking in the sunlight, her fangs ever so slightly exposed. Her head tilted back, she scanned the ramparts for the figure of Carolinus, finally returned to his people. Spotting the god, she weaved her way through the crowd, dexterously avoiding the crush of the crowd and pickpockets both. Reaching his side, she threw back her hood, exposing her lovely face.

Lord Carolinus. You have returned. My god left me under an onus to protect this city. In that interest I have spent half a century. Is the threat no more, at long last?
    Last edited by Demidos; 2012-10-10 at 03:24 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ettin in the Playground

Tyranny and Chaos

As Contragh's draconic head forced itself through the coral, he beheld a strange tableau. His brother, ever changing, frozen in the form of a small child, head downcast before a grey-skinned lord with starlit eyes. Before Contragh could react, the figure turned towards him, and he saw something in its eyes that he had never seen on the disk - scorn mixed with amusement in equal measure. It struck him that, despite his terrifying form and sudden entrance, the thing sitting before Jongo did not fear him, would never fear him. It moved, a strangely serpentine ripple traveling up its arm as it brought a finger to its lips. The stars in the Lord of Weal and Woe's eyes twinkled as if to blink, and then he was gone, leaving nary a trace.

The Storm at the Gates

Szenzaria listened attentively as Fayruz recounted her tale, the great dragon's head weaving slightly in tune with the tempo of Fayruz's speech. As the goddess finished, a low rumble escaped Szenaria's retainers, two dozen thunderous tones of disapproval, though whether of her or of their former sibling she could not say. After indulging them a few moments, Szenzaria's eyes flicked towards the lesser dragons, and the rumble receded.

"It seems isolation could not curb his youthful indiscretions. I apologize that he troubled you, lady Fayruz, and thank you for granting him an honorable death."

Szenzaria paused, her gaze sweeping over the patchwork city growing up around the Olm.

"But if you slew my child so long ago, why have you remained here with these wretches? Surely you could enjoy their worship without reducing yourself to live amongst their squalor."

The Journey South

The dragon bowed its head at Dasque's request, spreading its wings wide.

"It would be an honor, my lady. I am Therizan, of the Second Order, and I swear to bear you wherever you wish."

Allowing Dasque to mount, Therizan pushed off from the ledge with a single flap of his mighty wings, sending obsidian ash tumbling down onto the oblivious Forgeborn. Riding the volcanic currents, they burst from the mountain's peak, circlign around the ash cloud to survey the vas, treacherous expanse. Far to the north, a burning eye scarred one of the largest mountains, a terrible testament to the path of the falling star, and at the sight of it Therizan rocketed southwards.

They traveled for hours without sign of intelligent life, sweeping over broken foothills that transitioned into rolling plains. The sea sparkled on their left as they banked, keeping the coast in sight as they circled around a gaping black hole in the earth.

"A being of great craft once dwelt there, my lady. We know not how its ruin came, but we avoid it when we can."

They continued on, leaving the coast behind as they plunged ever deeper into the continent. From time to time, plains would give way to forests, or swamps, or some minor mountain range barely worthy of the name, but never were there any signs of civilization beyond some scattered longhouses. They continued on for days, Therizan seemingly immune to fatigue, until Dasque felt a familiar echo on the horizon. That morning, the dawn illuminated something beyond trackless wilderness - a black city, rising majestically and defiantly into the sky, proud and terrible. They had reached Fex, the first bastion that would weather the Forgeborn advance.

A Grove Beside Rainbows

It was not difficult for Sonata to find the haunted grove, a stand of great oaks rising from a stand of scraggly brush where no tree had any business. Yet there they stood, almost three dozen tremendous oaks, gnarled and hard, as though they'd stood for centuries. As Sonata grew closer, a familiar sound carried on the wind, a single harp played with some skill. Soon, the source of the sound became apparent, a golden haired youth sitting in a crook between the branches of two trees, his fresh face not older than fifteen. He watched Sonata's approach with brilliant blue eyes, hands idly plucking at a simple wooden harp, until she stopped beneath the tree line.

"Welcome! What brings you to my grove?"

Magma Dreams

Standing in the desert of the Dreamscape, surrounded by the scent of burning ash, Torvaag felt something loom over him. Looking up, there was nothing but the empty sky, yet the elder elemental knew it was a lie. He stared harder, every fiber of his being focused on understanding, and eventually the shadow showed itself. It was writ large upon the sky, its vastness touching every dream of the Forgeborn, crushing them down into the ashen ground. Beneath that pressure, minds could do naught by fracture and strain, dying the slow death of a pebble beneath an iron boot.
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2012-10-10 at 06:38 AM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

A Grove Beside Rainbows

Following simple harpstrings, the sound one would think to remind of the harp of her sister, and yet it was different and foreign. This song was not the song of Fayruz, a song that Sonata would never mistake, and even such a comparison would be opposed with a careless thought.

But this song was different than the Ar Maen, and the fox songs that she knew flawlessly, and different from the culture of The Olm, which she had learned. Sonata paused at the tree, and petting the lightning wolf, let it to go and run in the sky above as it desired with glory. Renard already was within her shadow, as foxes of Kodama have become famous for.

And she looked up at the boy, and placed a hand on her waist, and wrapped the rainbow around her idly, and raised an eyebrow. Appraisingly, she watched the boy for a minute, to judge his music, and his behavior.

"I am here to solve problems of my people. I'm curious as well, to see the musician who steals what is mine." She touched the tree idly with one hand and walked around it slowly and admired.

"Foxes who love shadows and cannot be helped by music is nothing new. But though these trees seem old, they were not here long ago. And you were not as well, when I first came here." She sang three notes and as the tree came to her beckoning, she climbed it to sit on the branch and face the boy, a satisfied smile on her sly face.

"I already wear many titles, but you may call me Sonata, princess of the White City. I ask then, what is your name, and what are you doing here?"
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

Jongo's Bunny

That... thing had gone. Monster, demon, horror; they all were not words strong enough.

Enemy.

Now there was the word. More then the Kraken - who must be angry and confused after years and years of service to Father, and who had to have been misinformed about what had happened to make the Jongoscion - the Lord of Weal and Woe was Jongo's Enemy. Or the being inside of the Lord of Weal and Woe was.

Well.

Jongo had gotten a glimpse. Now to make that the Enemy's first mistake. Jongo needed time to think. Needed time to plan.

Muttering some polite words, the water in the cavern receded and a wall of air prevented the rest of the ocean from refilling things.

With a thump, Jongo fell flat on his back, and stared up at the ceiling. The rock ceiling. Nothing at all like the Ceiling. But the stalactites that were on it were neat, in a "it's a rock on the ceiling" sort of way. There was one that even looked an awful lot like a very dark knight in full scary looking armor, with a dragon helm and wings folded in on themselves.

No, wait.

That was coming from the ground, not the ceiling.

That meant it was a stalagmite, not a stalactite. The other ones that did grow from the ceiling were...

Hold on. Stalagmites don't have wings. And they don't stare at you. Nor do they feel like Contragh in one of his moods. And I'm really sure they don't move like that. But then, I don't know for sure. I think I need to talk to more rocks. But later. Later. Right now, I need to think. Need to plan. Need to not get stuck here with Contragh staring at me. Wait. Contragh.

Jongo squealed with child-like glee, and bounced up off the ground. Not concerned at all by the weighty metal armor with it's various edges and pointy bits, Jongo's childish form jumped up and down in front of her brother - for it was without a doubt Contragh himself - and inspected every bit of him.

The blood red eyes were new. The armor was... a bit darker then Jongo remembered, but here on the Disk, Jongo imagined that his siblings had adorned themselves with whatever they felt safest in. Jongo hadn't found armor that could shapeshift with her many forms, but for Contragh, the armor being worn felt right.

And then Jongo drank in Contragh's essence. It was... confusing. Imposing yes. A little... afraid. Full of battle, and death, and purpose. Jongo wouldn't forget the feeling ever.

It made her a little sad. Something had forever changed his brother, and Contragh felt more like... well... Contragh then ever before. But darker. It was like someone had taken a coin, and both sides were Contragh. One side was a strong arm of the family, the tactical genius, the sibling who could plan any battle and win. The other side was the exact same, but more focused on the winning part; at any cost.

Still.

Contragh was here now.

And there was someone else entering the cave, too. A woman, it looked like. A dead look in her eyes. Not a sibling, though.

Jongo couldn't contain himself anymore. The frantic circling of Contragh's metal-clad armor and large frame suddenly ceased. So did the squealing. It turned into a single word.

"BUNNY!" Jongo grinned wide and with a final jump, lept up to hug Contragh around the neck. Hanging there, Jongo stared into those blood red eyes and laughed.

"Oh man, am I glad to see you. It's been such a long time. You've changed a little. I like the armor and the eyes. But you seem a bit more skinny, to be honest. Have you been eating right? I know nothing on the Disk tastes as good as Cookie used to make, but there's still some pretty good food. Oh, where are my manners. Bunny, this is the Band of Chaos, Band of Chaos, this is my brother, Contragh. You've heard me tell the Jongoscion about him." Jongo increased his grip with one arm, and swung the other arm out to show off the twisted smooth ring on her finger. The Band of Chaos tooted a hello.

"Anyways, Bunny! Did you see the Lord of Weal and Woe before he disappeared? I hope you didn't. He's bad news. With a capital BAD. I think... I think he's got the Enemy inside him. The one that attacked the White City. And he wants me to fight the Kraken. Which is a dumb name, still. I can't understand why Father just didn't call it Giant Squid Beast. But I guess that would be insulting Squid. Oh, but look at me, I'm babbling. I guess I can't help it. It's just so good to see you. So. How are things? Are you just passing through, or have you come to stay a while?"

Spoiler
    Show
    The woman with the dead look in her eyes is Miranda. Forgive me if I overstepped myself, but I felt it more appropriate for her arrive and to see and hear her mighty lord and master be hugged by a child while being called bunny.

And the child isn't struck down immediately. Which is, of course, the oddest part, to her, I bet.

If you want a more private meeting, I'll be pleased to edit it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dream of the Deep, Dream of Fire

This, this was bad. Sometin big, something way darker then that Dream Punk, worse then the Young Punk, worse then some o the nastier things the Boss made. But this bugger.... how to distract it? Can't take it head on, not strong enough. Can't leave all me brothers and sisters to it, so, I'll need to hold it off long enough for some of them to escape.

With two mighty stomps, Torvaag roots himself in the stone. It's not the same, but here's the thing. Most people see the earth, and belive that beyond plantlife, it is dead. How wrong they are. The world's heart beats, and the world dreams. Dreams of when she was younger, she dreams of fire.

"Deep in the dark,
    Deep in the gloom,
    Deep where gods
    have never tread,
    Deep in the world
    heart.

Hear the molten
    heartbeat,
    As the earth
    shifts in her dream,
    As the world breaks,
    As the world makes.

Hear me now,
    Ye kindred,
    Born of Flame,
    Cradled in stone,
    Listen not to the
    Ash.

Hear your brother,
    Seek your mothers
    dream,
    The world calls
    ye,
    Forgeborn.

Awaken from ash,
    And dream of
    Molten iron,
    the path is
    behind me,
    Run to the earthdream."

It is a subtle thing, a quiet thing, but it reaches out. Several Forgeborn seems to whimper and cry in their sleep. And with the chant, we weaves sigils of light and fire, runes of molten earth, everything he can to draw on more of the earths mystic power.

And then, Torvaag strikes.

He lets lose fury. He unleashes rage. Channeled through his staff, he hurls the flames of the deep up at the sky. Each a rune, a shaft of flame and light, speaking of fury, and the desire to protect. Steadfast resolve, and patient resgination.

"Come on ya yellow bellied sky-humper! Come and git me!"

Torvaag begins to laugh. He will die today, in all likelyhood. But already he sees some of them stiring. All he can do is buy them time.

"Tell the Dream Punk to clean shop round here! Now, git going!"

Fireball after fireball, taunt after taunt he hurls towards the thing in the sky. Soon, it would fall on him. Soon, his death would happen. But so what? He's no god, no hero. Have to die sometime, and would rather go out saving me little bros and sisters.

With one last Grin, he faces it. "Lets git this over with." A gleam is in his eye, and his smile is grim. So long as they are saved, he is nothing.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-10-10 at 11:19 AM.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ettin in the Playground

And it begins......

Contragh merely stood their, his previous boastful and powerful demeanor reduced back to normal at the spine shivering sight at the Lord of Weal and Woe, his form shrinking from a dragon into that of his human shape. Contragh was used to inspiring fear, Terror, into those who opposed him. But this... abberation. It scared him. It held a tremendous amount of power and hate, two things that the God of War would have to definetely look out for in the future. Something of that caliber could not be left unchecked. Of course there were a few things Contragh knew he couldn't scare, speaking of which one of them was clinging onto the Lord of Domination right now.

"Oh dear Baz'Auran, lord and father of all creation. He who gives and he who takes away. My trusted guardian, my protector, the banner that I wave into battle before I crush the enemy. The sole reason for my life and the decider of my death. WHY HAVE YOU CURSED ME SO."

Contragh merely stood their, taking back in all of Jongo's.... unusualness. It seems Baz'Auran thought Contragh was too happy and peaceful on his time seperated from his sister. How fitting. In any event he merely waited for Jongo to finish his little "inspection" He smiles, barring his sharp teeth in the process. He raises his arms, picking up Jongo and holding him high, the same smile on his face, and embraces the small child in a slightly spiky hug. "It's good to see you again Jongo, I haven't been near a fellow sibling in such a long time. I almost forgot the feeling of standing in ones presence." he sets the child god down and continues "Hello, Band of Chaos. You know, I have something alot like that band of yours. Although a bit less jovial," he takes the Dark Halo off of his head and presents it to Jongo, even slipping it around the Ring of Chaos before taking it back and putting it on his head. All the while the trapped soul of Pikep growls and screams within it's soundproof prison, begging for death and demanding the blood of Contragh and whoever this small child was. How typical.

"Don't worry, I've been eating food. Plenty of it. But I must preserve most of my food for my people.... And yes, I saw the Lord of Weal and Woe.... do not worry. I will not let the enemy hurt you, I will not fail again like I did last time...." he pauses, clearly remembering the terrible attack on the White City. he snaps his head, getting out of the dark place in his mind. There will be no doom and gloom around Jongo, not yet, not while he can prevent it. With a renewed smile on his face he says "Actually I plan to stay a bit, but we can take about that a bit later. For now I just wish to see more of how you have done. Don't worry, i've brought guests with me. People from my country." Speaking of which one of those people is standing behind him. Miranda can barely contain herself anymore, she cringes and begins to shake madly.

"Bwhahahahahaha! Hahehehoohhooh hah, blah! Oh, oh, hold on, hold on, Bweeeheehehehehehah! Oh, dear Lord Contragh. Slayer of Dragons, Conquerer of Nations, Lord of the Dead and the Dragon of Control. Trembles with fear at the notion of a small boy. This is your Jongo? Demon of Change, Lord of Chaos? The boogeyman and the seducer from the way of righteousness?" Miranda barely seems able to form complete sentences without breaking into fits of giggling. Contragh merely stares at her, the furosity of a thousand warriors and the threat of a swift and brutal execution via decapitation with the White City as the blade burning from his irises. But she remains undaunted as she moves forward and bends down, petting Jongo on the head and unfurling her wings. She smiles, clearly pleased by the child's demeanor, and proceeds to say "I am Miranda, Lord Jongo. Contragh's General and leader of the Wraiths." Contragh butts in with the word's "Soon to be Ex at this rate...." She finally concedes and quits teasing her once Feared and Dreaded Warlord.

Contragh finally wrenches Miranda away from this "Fascinating new specimen" of a god and says "Tell me Jongo, what have you done on your time in the disk? Well, aside from create that ring of yours." he smiles at the circular object, clearly having a sentience of some kind. If he wished to recruit the likes of Jongo he'd have to first be assured that whatever the Lord of Chaos barely managed didn't fall further into disorder.

Baz'Auran only knows how that's possible.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gates of Salus
    "The Green MorningStar. What a beautiful name. And a beautiful ship." The Weaver beckoned to his mighty beast. "This is Synedig the Mighty. Born from the dreams of the strong creatures of the desert. He is a fine companion...Though, considering his size, perhaps not the most appropriate one for your city." Synedig lowered his head, and spoke, his voice echoing despite his attempts not to burst Haramhold's eardrums. "GREETINGS LORD HARAMHOLD. IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET ONE OF THE CREATOR'S SIBLINGS." The beast then swung his head back towards The Weaver. "SHALL I WAIT FOR YOU IN THE DREAMTIME, CREATOR?" "That sounds like an excellent idea Synedig. I will call you when I need you." Synedig lumbered off into the forest, and a slight suction could be felt, as though the air were rushing back to replace an empty space where a large mass had just disappeared. "Not the brightest, that one, but the strongest thing in the Dreamtime. With the possible exception of an elemental Jongo sent me." The Weaver shook his head sadly. "But enough time to relate our sibling's antics later. Permission to come aboard captain?"
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gengy
    Years Earlier - Chaos and Deception

"Creator-Father-Mother? There is a strange human in our waters. She's wearing unusual clothing, and doesn't seem bothered by the fact that there is no land for miles around." A Jongoscion - Dani? Yes, Dani. Jongo could tell by the stripes in Dani's hair - carefully reported.

"Thank you Dani. I'll see to it personally." Jongo changed from the shining Jongoscion she had been to the large red Dolphin, and quickly shot through the water towards the swimming woman. It took several minutes, but soon, Jongo was there, watching the odd woman in the dress, carefully performing the butterfly kick.

Jongo came up underneath the woman in the - now soaked - black dress, and lifting her onto his back, spoke teasingly, "Well, Rose, you certainly took your sweet time getting here. I expected you to be running the Disk by now. I mean, really, dear sister, over a few centuries without even stopping in to say hello? Where you and Faden plotting world domination already? Should I be bowing and scraping to the Queen of the World now?"

Jongo loved Rose. She was fun.

(From the dead!)

[Chaos and Deception]

Rose swims in silence, surprisingly effectively given that she's in a sopping wet black dress and by all rights should be sinking about now. AAAANY moment.

Then a Red Dolphin comes up underneath her.

"Oh Jongo, it's... ...Jongo?"

Her immediate response is surprise. Her less immediate response is relief. The least immediate response is actually answering the talking dolphin.

"Oh, well you know how it is. Toppling nations leaves so little time for a proper family reunion."

She's joking. Probably.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ettin in the Playground

The Story of Karam

Every day, he was there.

Sitting in the shade of the canopy that hung over the entrance to the shop, the man was dishevelled and filthy and Karam felt sorry for him. He went over to the man, the same routine every day, and knelt down before him.

“It’s good to see you, my friend,” said the man, coughing as he spoke.

Karam brought out the loaf of bread he’d been saving for lunch and broke it in two, giving half to his friend.

“If it weren’t for you, I’d have starved to death in this wretched city long ago. Ever since the Titans arrived, we’ve had to share our food and water with them – there simply isn’t enough to go around,” he continued, the bitterness in his voice seeping into his words.

Karam nodded. He was the son of a baker and it seemed as though he spent every waking moment by the great oven in his father’s shop, an endless queue of people desperate for food. Even in the brief moments when he was able to get away, there would be people like his friend, huddled in the corners, seemingly ignored by the world.

He heard his father’s voice call out his name from inside the shop. Sighing, Karam got to his feet again and turned to walk back inside. A hand grabbed him by the wrist and his friend looked up at him. “You’ll be back tomorrow, right?”

As Karam nodded, his friend’s face split into a big grin. “Gods bless you, sir!”

The heat from the oven began to fade as the first stars of the evening appeared in the sky. Weary though he was, Karam headed out into the city and founds himself walking along the banks of the river. He sat on the grass and stared distractedly at the red moon’s reflection in the water.

“Can’t sleep either?” said a voice behind him.

Karam found himself staring at a tall figure in a long white robe. The man looked like he hadn’t slept in months, his eyes were drawn and sallow. “Peace, Karam, I mean you no harm. I merely wish to talk with you a while.”

“How do you know my name?”

“I know much and more that passes within the walls of Markien,” said the stranger and a wry grimace formed on his face, “although at times I wish I did not. My name is Malack and I know that you are a good person, albeit a little…misguided. I also know why you do not sleep.”

Karam’s face turned pale and he bowed his head slightly. “The dream…”

“Yes.”

Every night it was the same. Dreams of chains. Dreams of agony. Faces of people he knew contorted in anguish. And always at the end, those two terrible red eyes.

“Most people in the City forgot the Dream a few nights later and felt the loving embrace of the Night Mistress once more. Yet there were those of us whose eyes were permanently opened to something we should not have seen.”

Karam’s thoughts were in flux. This stranger, Malack, seemed to know exactly what was going on in his mind. “What is it?”

“You refer to the eyes. Your assumption that he is the one behind the Dream is correct, I believe. As for who or what it is, I do not know for certain. Some of us believe him to be a devil of some sort, others see him as a lost sibling of Lord Carolinus. I think the latter is the case and some unimaginable horror warped him into the being he is now. The chains, perhaps, are a clue.”

“What does…he…want?”

“The being has one clear purpose, although I discovered it quite by accident,” Malack’s eyes glazed over slightly and when he spoke next, his voice sounded as though it were far away.

“We had never been particularly close, our marriage one of convenience to our parents rather than any true blessing of love. Yet, I did love her, even if she did not share my feelings. When word of the Titans first began to spread throughout Markien, we began to prepare for war. Day and night I worked at my anvil, forging sword, spear and shield that we might defend ourselves and those we held dear. Each night, I would return to my home utterly weary and fall fast asleep. The days and nights got longer and I saw my betrothed less and less. She began to grow distant from me and the few times I did hold her close, she was cold and flinched at my touch. Then, as I was working at the forge, I heard sniggers from my apprentices and whispered words about someone called the Whore of Markien. I tried to speak with them about this mysterious lady yet my words were met with silence.

One night, a few days after the Dream, my wife came to the forge and told me she was leaving me. With tears on my face, I asked her why. With mocking laughter in her voice, she asked me why she should stay.

“You spent your days and nights working at the forge, yet let the fires that dwell within me grow cold. When you warm the bed beside me, you scream and weep in the night.”

I do not know what possessed her to keep talking – maybe she had drunk wine to fortify her courage, or perhaps she merely wanted to hurt me for my neglect.

“There are other smiths in this city, that keep my forge burning brightly long into the cold nights. I feel warmth, I feel desire and I feel loved. Your heart is as cold and unfeeling as the chains that hang from the roof of your smithy.”

Rage infused me, body and soul. In an instant I had seized one of the chains and had it taut around my wife’s pale slender throat. She kicked and clawed at the bronze links around her neck and with strength I didn’t know I possessed, I flung the chain over a rafter and hauled her off the floor.

What happened next was a sign from Him. As my lover choked and gasped the last of her life’s breath away, I saw something slowly open on the floor. Baleful red light filled the darkness of the room and as I looked, I saw the shade of my wife being dragged away in chains into a void.

Yet when I looked up, the cold, lifeless body was still there, the chain still tightly wrapped around her throat. I hid the body far beyond the walls of the city and when I returned home, I collapsed, utterly spent.

That night, the Dream was different. There were no chains, no cruelties, just oblivion all around. A voice spoke out of the darkness to me…

“THE CORRUPTION MUST BE PURGED.”

The Dream did not return that night, nor the next. With the passing of months, slowly it did. The tranquillity of the void would be disturbed by a faint clink, a whispered pleading for mercy and it grew louder and more frequent. Eventually, I realised what I had to do.

The second man I killed was a miser, sodden in wine. The only thing he valued more than the bottle was gold and he cared naught for the lives he destroyed to get it. The night after I sent his soul screaming into Torment, the Dream receded once more. Long has it been since I have experienced the full horror of the Dream.”

At last Malack fell silent and Karam stared at him, a mixture of horror and fear on his face. “Have you come to murder me as well?” he asked.

Malack sighed. “You heard my words, yet still you don’t believe or understand. No, Karam, you need have no fear of cold bronze choking the life from you. My lord seeks to purge the world of the corrupt and the sinful. To the best of my knowledge you are neither.”

Karam was still not convinced. “And the people you kill, do they not deserve a chance of redemption or to put a plea before their lord? Where is the justice in what you do?”

Malack turned to walk away. “One day you will understand,” he replied and was soon lost to the darkness.

After a night troubled by Malack’s words and nightmares, Karam found himself outside the shop, sharing lunch with his friend. After he had finished eating, Karam’s friend seemed anxious to be off. It was odd but Karam found himself thinking about the man. He was always keen to talk as he ate yet once the food was gone, he often departed swiftly afterwards.

On a whim, Karam followed the beggar from a discrete distance, never letting himself be seen. About 30 minutes later, the beggar stopped outside a butcher’s shop and began talking with the owner. The butcher handed him a joint of mutton and once he had gnawed the meat from the bone, the beggar was off again.

With a sinking heart, Karam continued to follow him. From market to market, from inn to inn, the beggar talked and ate. The man was no true friend to these people – all he cared about was the free food he could get. Karam’s despair slowly turned to anger. There were hundreds of people in Markien who barely had enough food to survive and yet here was this man, abusing the kindness and generosity of strangers. The beggar left his last benefactors – a family sharing a meal too small even for themselves – and made his way to a stable to sleep.

Karam’s fury took hold and he silently crept into the stable. Whether by happenstance or design, a bronze chain was hanging from the wall of the stable and the cold, bronze metal felt good in his hands. He leapt upon the man that he had once thought of as a friend and, ignoring his pleas, crushed his throat with the chain. As the beggar kicked and struggled, the room seemed to darken and the torches on the wall flickered and went out. A hellish red glare filled the room as a baleful portal yawned open before them both. Karam gazed into it, mesmerised by the swirling patterns. Something flowed from the beggar into the gaping maw and Karam thought he briefly saw the face of the beggar screaming as it fell away into the void. The portal closed, leaving the stables in pitch darkness so that as Karam staggered out in a daze, he failed to see a figure in a white robe nodding in the corner.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Cult of Het:

Following the Disk-wide nightmare, a number of individuals persisted in seeing the dream over and over. Some went insane and killed themselves while others saw it as a vision and a calling. The Cult is dedicated to purging the corruption of men and it achieves this by murdering those it judges to be flawed. These are very basic sins it seeks out – lust, murder, greed, etc where the members are clearly shown to be less than noble beings. The murders are ritualised, usually done by throttling the victim with a chain of some description, although other methods such as torture are used. Souls murdered in this way are sent straight to Torment.

The Cult operates with great secrecy, recruiting new members by looking for those afflicted by the Dream. Their methodology is less than perfect – they are cultists, rather than assassins.

Act Expenditure: Read up because this may affect you....

1 Minor Act - Cultists spawn in Mariken (obviously)
    1 Minor Act - Cultists spawn in the Olm
    1 Minor Act - Cultists spawn in Salus

I'm not sure whether it will affect alternate races such as the Jongoscion, Sonata's Foxes or the Breuddwydirhodiwr...
    Last edited by The Succubus; 2012-10-10 at 05:32 PM.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

"Boogeyman? Seducer from the way of Righteousness? Oh, no, no, no. That won't do at all. Bunny, what have you been telling this girl? That's just not right at all." Jongo waved emphatically at Miranda. "Greetings to you, General Miranda, she of the dead-like stare and the glorious laugh. I hope you have been properly teasing my little brother? I find that my siblings all need a good tease now and then to keep them from getting big fat heads."

Jongo looked up at Contragh and winked. Grin growing wider, the small human child giggled, "Too late for you, though, eh Bunny?"

"I mean, to believe that you failed me, failed our family? Ha. Ha. And ha I say!"
    Jongo began to grow, and began to change into the large sinuous dragon-form, slowly swirling around and around to sit upon his many coils. Craning down to stare her grey and green eyes right into Contragh's face, the sea-green and blue scales glimmered in the dark cavern.

"You listen to me, little brother. And you listen good.

You. Did not. Fail.

You are alive. That was your duty that day. That was what was expected of all of us. And not all of us succeeded. But those that have? I am happy to report I have felt most of them come into their gifts. I have seen many of them, personally, even if only briefly. I have spent long hours of time with Butterfly, have gotten to know his people, have met his adopted daughter. He does not blame himself for not building stronger fortifications in the White City."

Jongo's long snout wuffed a puff of air. "I have talked with Carolinus - he's still a grassblade - and he's got a great big fortress and people guarding it. From what my own people tell me, he has chosen to protect anyone who comes to the lands under his gaze. He is wracked with guilt, I imagine, with losing Cireo... but he does not blame himself for being unable to protect us all that day. If he does, he is working to atone in his own way."

"I am the eldest among us. I have forgotten more about the things that Father did to the Disk then anyone - saving maybe Tezzerin - ever knew. I do not blame myself for failing to know about the Enemy."

Jongo slithered around and encircled Contragh in her dragon-form, and though his dragon arms were smaller then the rest of her body, they still could hug. Gathering the large armored body in his own, Jongo ignored the spikes, ignored the pain, and simple hugged her brother.

"So don't you dare think you failed. Or so help me, I will stay right by your side until you forgive yourself."

--------------------------------------

[Chaos and Deception]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    (From the dead!)

Rose swims in silence, surprisingly effectively given that she's in a sopping wet black dress and by all rights should be sinking about now. AAAANY moment.

Then a Red Dolphin comes up underneath her.

"Oh Jongo, it's... ...Jongo?"

Her immediate response is surprise. Her less immediate response is relief. The least immediate response is actually answering the talking dolphin.

"Oh, well you know how it is. Toppling nations leaves so little time for a proper family reunion."

She's joking. Probably.

"Am I hearing excuses? From my little Rose?" Jongo giggled, which came out as a dolphin squeak, and then began swimming around with Rose on his back.

"It's so good to see you, sis! Butterfly still doesn't talk that much, and he's the only family I've spent a long amount of time with. Well, Squid for a few days too. And there were a few others that I saw for a few moments. But you! I have been looking forward to seeing you again. And look at you. Still the same dress, and impeccable fashion sense. Though, I must admit, it's not really the best choice for out in the middle of the sea. Still. Welcome to my home! Welcome to the Sea of Jongo. Want to meet my kids?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

13. - Top - End - #823
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by THEChanger View Post
    The Gates of Salus
    "The Green MorningStar. What a beautiful name. And a beautiful ship." The Weaver beckoned to his mighty beast. "This is Synedig the Mighty. Born from the dreams of the strong creatures of the desert. He is a fine companion...Though, considering his size, perhaps not the most appropriate one for your city." Synedig lowered his head, and spoke, his voice echoing despite his attempts not to burst Haramhold's eardrums. "GREETINGS LORD HARAMHOLD. IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET ONE OF THE CREATOR'S SIBLINGS." The beast then swung his head back towards The Weaver. "SHALL I WAIT FOR YOU IN THE DREAMTIME, CREATOR?" "That sounds like an excellent idea Synedig. I will call you when I need you." Synedig lumbered off into the forest, and a slight suction could be felt, as though the air were rushing back to replace an empty space where a large mass had just disappeared. "Not the brightest, that one, but the strongest thing in the Dreamtime. With the possible exception of an elemental Jongo sent me." The Weaver shook his head sadly. "But enough time to relate our sibling's antics later. Permission to come aboard captain?"

"Farewell Synedig the mighty." Haramhold said As the dream faded from the waking lands. "Of course follow me." and with that Haramhold led The Weaver into Sanctuary.

From the outside Salus appeared to merely be a city with impressive walls on top of a large hill. It was fortified but not spectacular, one could walk its circumference in an hour. Inside the great walls, Vast plains and rolling hills stretched as far as the eye could see. Forests and small villages dotted the landscape, with a wide paved road winding toward the center of the realm.

As he lead The Weaver up the stairs to the top of the wall Haramhold described the terrible wrath of the kraken, how its storms scarred the land and threatened to sweep aside all life upon the isle. So Haramhold created this Sanctuary with his city Salus at its heart, a place where refugees could find peace from the storms and all its inhabitants free from the dangers of the disc.

Once they reached the top The weaver saw Green MorningStar in her full glory, brightly painted wood and sails as blue as the ocean. "When Jongo first came to Salus over half a century ago we created this marvelous airship together. But stories can wait here is my wife Amanda." Said Haramhold as the red lady waved to them from the control crystal.

Greetings! It is a pleasure to meet you Weaver." Amanda said the two gods boarded.
    Sometimes it is useful to know how large your zero is. ~Author Unknown

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Almost forgot. Lifegiver last turn went to titans and wardens.

A returning

Carolinus has little time to speak with Vanara on the day of his returning. There was much to do. An army to stand down, an army to be admitted, a populous to placate, a prophet with many questions, a story both joyful and sad to be told to the Titans, a story of peace and plenty, and of a noble Overlord left alone. A massive influx of first people and men to prepare for.

A week later a call came forth to Vanara, asking her attendance at the Palace of the Dawn. When she came to the Great Hall it was silent, empty bar for the god upon his prophet's throne.

There was a deadly stillness to Carolinus, a coiled readiness that spoke of dire things. His heavy breathing issued out into the silence, his face was as stern and immovable as stone, his voice was deadly calm 'There have been reports of murders in Markien in my absence. Some speak of a visitor who has violated the trust I placed in them. My only law has been broken, and the blame has been lain with you and yours.
    'Speak Vanara, and speak wisely.'

Speaking with spirits

'A great weight does indeed weigh upon my brother. The Titans spoke of it, the murder of his people. To ones such as us a wound of the soul half a century ago is still fresh.' Ciero. The wound that will never heal, will never become a scar. The wound that will always bleed. 'And the murder of those under our protection is never easy to bear.'

He sighed heavily as he rose to his feet 'Come, I will teach you of Markien.'

He takes them to his private chambers, there a great map is laid out across a huge oak table. A far smaller and ancient looking map behind protective glass hung above the bed. 'The map that led me to Markien.' He explained simply.

Using the map he showed them the place that had become, despite his reluctance, home.

'This is us, the city of Sanctuary. The capital, I formed it myself after I slew the Bastard of the Titans. As you can see all roads lead of Sanctuary in Markien. These are the gold, silver and copper roads. They were named in Markien's infancy, man was a simpler creature back then. He sounded wistful 'Every settlement you see leading off them is a mining town, or stop off on route to Sanctuary. They are peopled largely by the descendants of three of the original twelve tribes. I am glad to say that, given time, they have become one people, one tribe. Old grudges are forgotten given safety and prosperity.

He swept a hand over the plains to the east of Sanctuary 'Although there are no settlements marked this area is heavily populated. The land here is incredibly fertile, yet feeding Markien is still a huge effort. Thousands tend the fields here, men and women of all the tribes, any who need employment and a home.
    Elsewhere the story is less happy. The people of the south have ever been a trial to me. The people there are of the other original tribes, and those who joined them. First there was tension between them, yet they joined together when the refugees fleeing the Children of the Shadow arrived, and joined with them against the Children after I had freed them and gave them a home. Always their tribe has grown larger, always in opposition to the new. Still there are difficulties between this 'Tribal Combine' and those who came fleeing the titans.
    'This west is little better. The people who fled the Titans, the Titans themselves, those who served the Titans, both willingly and unwillingly, all are settled here, or settled beyond Wardstone. Tinder for a fire even without Wardstone and the Ridge. The bulk of our military forces are here also. Some still distrust the Stoneward, on top of all that. Some even distrust the Wardens, a thing unheard of all across Markien, apart from outside their stronghold'
    He sighed again 'I wish I could pick these people up and move them about, I wish I cold force them to be at peace.'
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ettin in the Playground

Before the Walls, Fayruz

There was a moment taut with silence. The wind caressed hair and disturbed wool and precious silks, tossed up sand and sang the melodies of the highest sky. Knuckles paled. Breaths caught. The silence pulled to the breaking, and then snapped with a lion's roar caught in quiet words.

"Call nothing wretched that is made in my father's image."

Fayruz raised one hand, darkened by the sun, already healed of the bite of mountain frost and the tear of mountain's teeth. She gestured to the warriors upon the wall, the council who stood defiant, her sister who was so beautiful, and the walls raised by Haramhold. And she pointed beyond, above, to the bright tents of the Fayheran, to the stone buildings half-made, to the fane above the river's mouth.

"My father has made many wondrous things. I have met the Phoenix and felt its kiss. I have seen dragons and I have heard the terrible noises of spirits under the earth, and I have seen creatures that spread through blackened sand. But only mortals are like my father, are like us. Only mortals, of all untouched by the White City, create. And that is a wonderful thing."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Troll in the Playground

The Gates of Fex

Dasque looked upon the city, and her eyes of pure light narrowed. She knew who had built the city, his name practically written upon it.

-

Therizan has been asked to stay behind, of her siblings, Contragh was not one she trusted would be welcoming after all these years. She gave instruction to wait seven days before her. Either she would return and she would seek audience of Therizan's lords, or she would send a message to them. If she did not return, Therizan could assume a ill fate had befallen her, and that there was no reason to save this city from the Fireborn's wrath.

The last was her insurance. It gave her a sense of comfort knowing that for once since arriving to the Disk that she could act on her own terms.

She arrived at the city gates wearing a drab, grey cloak to cover up her divinity. She kept her head low in deference to the guards. "May I enter the city?"

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

Shaman Games
    A Journal Entry

These past few days have been terrible. My back is killing me. My legs ache from all the running around I've been doing. If it weren't for Charlie, I'd probably be worse off.

That's the man, by the way. Re-reading this journal, I left off without really introducing him. Her. It.

It's complicated.

The easiest thing to say is that I understand a bit more about myself, and it's thanks to Charlie. He She Oh, confound it, I don't care. I called him "Him" to begin with, and that'll do well enough. Anyways. He is a Jongoscion. A Child of Jongo.

He calls me Firsttouched. When I asked what that meant, his voice changed entirely, and though he swears he was just mimicking someone, I didn't know any better at the time. So it sounded like someone else was talking to me. And I'll be long dead before I forget what he said.

"In the Olm is the first child I touched with my power, and helped come to life. He did me a service. If you find Lors, give him my love and help him however you can."

Oh. Well.

Would you look at that. The words just changed color and shape. Damn.

I need a moment.

--------------------------

Right. Back. Charlie had to talk me down. Charlie's good at that; talking. He tells me that back where he's from, they called him Charlie the Chattering.

I believe it. Getting him to be quiet is something of a miracle.

And a warning mechanism. He shuts up right quick when there is someone else around.

Anyways. Where was I before the ink changed color and shape and I... right. Where was I?

Right.

Jongo.

Dammit, it happened again.

Moving on. I'll just have to deal with it.

So. I understand now. My whole life, I felt a little off. And now I know why. Other kids had their mother, their father, and if they were lucky, they had a sibling or two.

Me? No siblings. Just mother, father, and... the feeling that there should be someone else in the family. Mother and Father never felt it, but I did.

And now I know. I had a mother. A Father. And a Jongo. A god helped me to be conceived.

All so I could deliver a message to the Flower Goddess.

Well. I don't know how I feel about that. I guess... grateful? I'm alive, after all. I feel a bit used, though. And more then a little angry. Just for this one message, my whole life has been messed up. I could have been perfectly normal! I could have had a regular childhood, with regular friends, and no strange looks from people!

Or. Or I could have been dead. Never have existed at all.

And then everyone I've ever helped, everything I've ever done, all the accomplishments I've made happen... wouldn't have occurred.

So, I've got mixed feelings about my god's help in my birth. And I can't mistake it. Jongo is my god. Not Fayruz.

I like the Flower Goddess; I even know why I feel like hugging her every time I glimpse her now. But she's not Jongo. She's not the power that inspires me, that fills me with laughter and joy and childish glee when I figure something out, or manage to stay off an attack.

Charlie told me. And I believe him. It's Jongo. Jongo does that. Jongo and the Chaos of the world.

The Colors are, apparently, a form of Wild Magic, Charlie says. Someone named Gwenie sees them sometimes back from where he is from. Or maybe Gwenie is a title? I wasn't really clear on that, and Chattering Charlie changed topics on me. Either way, this powerful Gwenie sees the Colors too.

But even she, Charlie tells me, doesn't get glowing eyes like I do. Charlie seemed to think that that meant that I was even more powerful then this Gwenie person.

Which, I suppose, I've proven over the past few days.

It started with a bad dream.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ettin in the Playground

At the Gates of Fex

Two guards stood ready on each side of the gate, each flanked by a Phagos Cavaliers. One of the guards actually stood ready, the other had his hat tipped over his head and leaned against the wall, spear resting playfully in his hands. He snorts, flailing his arms about at the sound of Dasque. His helmet tips about but he quickly stabilizes himself and takes a more imperial stance when he realizes he actually has a job to do. The other guard merely ignores the first, a Revenant in rather hatch patched armor, it seems as if he's integrated some studded leather into the uniform of the legions. He looks at Dasque for a moment before saying "Name, Rank, Purpose. Go."

The other guard, now dropping his pose and relapsing into his slovenly state, raises an eyebrow as he eyes Dasque "Oy, lookie here. Why, I reckon with dem rags and honestly less then pleasant smell that we got us a tribal here." The Revenant turns his head, a smile creaking on its old bones "Yes, why I guess your right! Most definitely a tribal." The human, now with renewed repulsiveness says "Aye. Nutin but a... Uh... Hmmm. Oh right! Dee-Feck-Tore! Dat's the word da chief used. And what's our stance on Dee-Feck-Tores?" The Revenant turns toward Dasque, a malevolent grin on it's face "Why, we stab first and ask questions lat-"

"SOMEONE OPEN THIS DAMN GATE BEFORE I TEAR THIS WHOLE WALL ASUNDER!"

The two guards freeze in place. Their previously malevolent faces reverting to that of a child when his parent comes in to find he broke the family heirloom. They retreat to their posts in a heartbeat as the others begin to move into position, heralding someone's arrival. The massive gates swing open as light pours through them. From the sight one can see a knight who could easily be thought to represent the White City. His armor a blindingly white and smooth set. Intricate grooves and carvings cover it in the shape of a lion. His lion's helmet roars triumphantly, it's maw revealing his smooth and clean complexion. He begins to move forward, mounted on the back of an albino Phagos, the normally snarling and drooling maw of it's species instead retained to a mere barring of the teeth. This man is clearly not Contragh, but he does seem to be blessed by the King of Lord's. To his left and right are two contingency Wraiths left behind to chaperone the city whilst Contragh was on leave. Behind him stood a force atleast 100 men strong, armed with legion weapons and gear.

Snapping his head towards the two Bullies he snarls "It took you all a RECORD BREAKING 3 minutes to open this blasted gate. An all time low even for the low standards of your platoon. I am simultaneously shocked and somehow expectant of this crude and tepid behavior you have shown on guard duty. And look, you didn't even process the damned visitor by the time the gates were open. What do you even do out here? Twiddle your thumbs and see who can catch flies with their spears the quickest?" he barks at the guards, who seem to continually slump their shoulders and recede with each sharp syllable and insult. The White Knight merely points towards a section of the forest and says "Well, we've no more time to waste. Squad A you take the tribe by the right, Squad B you distract them and prepare support fire, Squad C you get the Wraiths; prepare to rain death if need be. Remember, drag off any casualties to Fort Tulen-Kar for production into Revenants. Do I make myself clear? Good. Now deploy and meet me back here in exactly 6 hours. I will expect a full mission report." the force standing behind him march forward, rapidly picking up pace as sergeants begin chanting war rhymes to get their feet moving. Turning his attention towards the platoon he rolls his eyes and says "Alright, Platoon Scorching Ray you've been relieved of duty. Report to the War District and alert Platoon Bone Serpent that they'll be taking the shift. GO GO GO."

The soldiers begin charging off back into the city, each in a single orderly row with their weapons strapped to their back. With them gone he finally looks down to Dasque and says "Alright, let's start this registration. Tell me your name, where you herald from, your rank from where you herald from if you partake in the military, your profession, if you seek a court with Lord Contragh, If you lack a rank then what is your profession, your purpose to coming to Fex, and if you are interested in applying for the charity experiment we are running for the lower classes." he speaks in a much softer and smoother tone then the one he used to belittle Scorching Ray platoon.

Act Expenditure:
    Spoiler
    Show

1 Minor Act: Make a single person a Lvl 14 character: The White Knight of the Black City "Louis Quinto"

Yah just keep dragon me on!

Miranda kept smiling as Jongo talked, she was quickly starting to enjoy the company of the god of chaos despite her conditioning. However, she quickly stepped back in shock at the sight of a small boy rapidly become a 30 foot long dragon with T-Rex arms the perfect size for hugs. Contragh stood their, a smile across his face as tears welled up in his eyes. He'd made so many assumptions. Made so many people suffer. All because he had blindly tried to make up for what happened. He always knew Jongo was older then him, but he never really felt that way. Until now. He had never really expected anything so well thought out and sincere to come out of Jongo's mouth. He closed his eyes, and accepted Jongo's hug fully "Thank you." he whispers.

As this display goes on a few more Wraiths begin to funnel their way in, armed for whatever chaotic beast might lie before them. Their initial reaction was that of terror from the dragon, but Miranda soon calmed them down. Turning back towards the pair of gods she said "Is EVERY god a dragon? I didn't think Baz'Auran thought of dragon kind so highly. Still my lord, despite this touching Draconic reunion, we still have a mission." Contragh opens his eyes, remembering exactly what he needed from Jongo aside from therapy. Sliding free of the hug he looks at Jongo and says "Miranda is right, there is a reason I came here. I need your help Jongo. Their is a terrible force brewing north of where I am. It wiped a scout squad out in an instant and left few traces behind aside from frost remains, torn bits of armor, and a crater. It seems strong, it's presence like that of the Lord of Weal and Woe. Even worse yet there are Traitors lurking in my midst, those who seek to break down my kingdom and have me dead. I cannot manage these all at once, the imposing threat seems to be more then I can handle let alone a game of subterfuge and lies. I need you to... To..." he seems to almost fight the words, his throat refusing to have them come out as an audible sentence "I need you to save me." he blurts out "You can change shape and blend in with people. You can elimante the traitors, and my scouts have reported of your adventures in Fayruz' domain. You have had experience fighting the greater beasts of the disk. Impart your knowledge onto me so that I may reclaim this world for Baz'Auran unimpeded. Please Jongo, I........ need you." the last words coming out clunky and forcibly, his body still acting on impulse to reject being subservient to others.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2012-10-10 at 10:35 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

19. - Top - End - #829

As the day wore on, the spirits said little but to occasionally ask a question, they absorbed what Carolinus said like a sponge, this was truly their first instruction in anything, ever. Eventually the two spirits conferred, and ventured words of their own.

"This is enlightening on many things. It explains why so many different species can coexist inside the walls. We should like to learn more of these Wardstone, but there is no time!”

The spirits were flitting to and fro, obviously anxious.

“Our Lord is coming to Markien, surely. We were not far from him, he should be here soon. If what you say is true, then you stand between our Lord and the Titans! We do not yet know his moods… Will you give them to him?”

---------------------------

Hails were met with stony silence. A tall stranger in traveling gear strode purposely up the silver road. Several called out, all were equally ignored. A man on duty reached out to halt his progress, and drew back in shock, crying out.

“His eyes!”

The eyes in question flicked his direction, assessing. The slits shifted back towards the road, and he was gone.

The stranger continued up the road, walking faster than the guards could run.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

At the Gates of Fex

The guards had little idea how this white knight had just saved them. Her tolerance for stupidity was low, he forgiveness nonexistant if they had tried to harm her. This man however was far more acceptable. He held both power and was respectful. Perhaps this city had merit after all. She would have to look into this attack though.

If nothing else they were not children when it came to war. Still, it was not enough.

Dasque's voice, still made more mundane, replied, her eyes looking to the groudn in front of him. "I call myself Usdeqa. I hold no military rank, for I belong to no land. I am but a humble truthsayer who has travelled to the Olm, and to Ates. I need no charity good sir, but I do seek an audience with Contragh, child of Baz'Auran, for the winds have taken to this place. It has been fated so."

Dasque was enjoying herself immensely, playing as a mortal. She tried to reign in her divine charm, but this game tickled her enough that a smile came to her face though she tried to hide it.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

From the Walls, Sonata
    Spoiler
    Show

In the tense air as the people of The Olm waited, Sonata looked confident and interested at the conversation of the dragon and Fayruz. And the soft and defiant words, Sonata wanted to applaud, letting a proud smile cross her face. Even a fox cannot match this kind of smile, itis the smile of a princess and the twin of Fayruz, who could not help but to be uplifted by the brave words.

And Renard laughed a soft laugh that was lost past her ears.

Truly it can be said
    that to match the love of these left and right princesses of the White Moon,
    it is impossible by those of the disk!
    And you, Lady Sonata,
    who became a fox princess and a dragon princess and a humble singer of the Olm,
    can it be said your words will measure with the love of her people?

Sonata touched his fox head to quiet him, and responded in a proud voice.

"I do not need to compete with my sister
    to show who loves more!
    I also am a creation of Baz'Auran, my father.
    And we were created together.
    But while Fayruz is like the dusk, I am like the dawn.
    While Fayruz has The Olm and this desert as her people,
    I have Ecchr and the valleys and mountains of Gozan
    While Fayruz is the harp, I am the flute
    While Fayruz is the older sister, I am the younger sister
    While Fayruz was the Left, I was the Right
    And though we are so different, that was a unified beauty together
    and I do not think Father would want that forgotten.
    I cannot compare myself to her in these ways, because I am nothing without her.
    And no one who only has met her since the fall can know truly who we are,
    and maybe only I remember."

And again Renard was silent, because the admiration and pride and love in Sonata's voice was matched only by her sadness and regret for something that was lost. But Sonata spoke again softly while the dragon and Fayruz talked.

"I think that now, after the phoenix and glass, and human days and tears, the rescue and the betrayal, I think that it is time for me to truly meet my sister. The one who is standing there proudly and lovingly, who I have seen do great things already, but who is not the same sister I knew before. If it is creation that she loves, then I will remind her again the music of creation, and we will play together a song that has never been heard on this disc."

Perhaps in coming to this disc,
    both have grown in different ways.

"Maybe. But someday we will return together to the White City." Sonata's firm conviction with this silenced Renard again, and he sighed and disappeared into the shadows.

Renard and Lors at The Olm
    Spoiler
    Show

This is a song about Renard, the Chief Fox, who is best known for his Relaxing and Tricking and Cunning and Fox Dancing, and is the chief of all foxes, who once tricked a Princess of the White City to become a fox princess, and who once tricked a Princess of the White City to become a human, who is the only fox to ride the great Lightning Wolf along with Fayruz and Sonata, the two Princesses of Dusk and Dawn, and who alone of the foxes then is revered and admired for his loyal service to Sonata and who led the Ciela foxes and Olm Foxes to aid the Fayheran.

It can be said that there are many songs of this Renard, the Chief Fox, who already has many stories and legends.
    This is of a time in The Olm, at that time when Sonata was a guest of Fayruz her twin sister. On the dusty streets when the sun is hot and shadows are small, it is the game of proud foxes to leap from shadow to shadow, hiding beneath the twilight and coming to see the curious sights, such as [mirage], which are tricks any fox can make. But here in an idle afternoon, it was that an unusual shaman was to present such an island shadow, and so it was leaped to by Renard as he crossed the road. But the distance to the next was too far, and so a stalemate was had.

So it was idly that Renard danced in the shadow of the strange shaman, and in his boredom and curiosity, he spoke.

To walk in the sun in the afternoon,
    even Fayheran children do not repeat this mistake.
    And though this fox may walk anywhere he pleases,
    it is a rare thing to see someone of eyes that are
    of sea colors and treasures
    in a land without!"
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ettin in the Playground

At The Gates of Fex

Dasque's divine charm still manages to slip in here and there, causing Louis to overlook a few things he should have written down. Smiling he says "It seems as if you are the most lucky and unlucky person here. My Lord Contragh has taken leave of this city for a few days to meet with his brother Jongo, The Demon of Chaos," he says tepidly, not very convinced by the truth behind the title "He should return in a few days time, however in his absence he has assigned me and two other officials to maintain this city whilst he is gone. Anything you wish to tell Contragh you may tell me, or you may simply wait for him if this is on a more personal scale." Louis continues sizing up Dasque, trying to see more of her face in the process but failing to do so.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2012-10-11 at 01:49 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Yah just keep dragon me on!

Miranda kept smiling as Jongo talked, she was quickly starting to enjoy the company of the god of chaos despite her conditioning. However, she quickly stepped back in shock at the sight of a small boy rapidly become a 30 foot long dragon with T-Rex arms the perfect size for hugs. Contragh stood their, a smile across his face as tears welled up in his eyes. He'd made so many assumptions. Made so many people suffer. All because he had blindly tried to make up for what happened. He always knew Jongo was older then him, but he never really felt that way. Until now. He had never really expected anything so well thought out and sincere to come out of Jongo's mouth. He closed his eyes, and accepted Jongo's hug fully "Thank you." he whispers.

As this display goes on a few more Wraiths begin to funnel their way in, armed for whatever chaotic beast might lie before them. Their initial reaction was that of terror from the dragon, but Miranda soon calmed them down. Turning back towards the pair of gods she said "Is EVERY god a dragon? I didn't think Baz'Auran thought of dragon kind so highly. Still my lord, despite this touching Draconic reunion, we still have a mission." Contragh opens his eyes, remembering exactly what he needed from Jongo aside from therapy. Sliding free of the hug he looks at Jongo and says "Miranda is right, there is a reason I came here. I need your help Jongo. Their is a terrible force brewing north of where I am. It wiped a scout squad out in an instant and left few traces behind aside from frost remains, torn bits of armor, and a crater. It seems strong, it's presence like that of the Lord of Weal and Woe. Even worse yet there are Traitors lurking in my midst, those who seek to break down my kingdom and have me dead. I cannot manage these all at once, the imposing threat seems to be more then I can handle let alone a game of subterfuge and lies. I need you to... To..." he seems to almost fight the words, his throat refusing to have them come out as an audible sentence "I need you to save me." he blurts out "You can change shape and blend in with people. You can elimante the traitors, and my scouts have reported of your adventures in Fayruz' domain. You have had experience fighting the greater beasts of the disk. Impart your knowledge onto me so that I may reclaim this world for Baz'Auran unimpeded. Please Jongo, I........ need you." the last words coming out clunky and forcibly, his body still acting on impulse to reject being subservient to others.

What's With All the Dragons?

"How can I say no? Of course I'll help, Bunny." Jongo uncoils from around his brother, and grins.

The coin is in the air again. It might land on a - slightly - softer, gentler Contragh. Or it might not. Either way, it would be fun to watch. And if I can nudge it a little, all the better.

After the long hug, Jongo sees the other Wraiths. With a smirk of full dragon teeth, she slowly changes forms once again. Shrinking down and increasing the luster of his own skin, Jongo becomes the same size as Contragh, and seems to wear armor of the same size and shape, though notably without spikes.

And it's very odd to see the small head of a human child poking out from the Armor's neck-slot. Giggling, Jongo bows, and notices that the Band of Chaos has taken to hovering over her head, like a Halo. Which is a new one.

"Greetings to you, people of my Brother, Bunny. No, not all of us are Dragons. In fact, not many of us are. Don't be confused; I am Jongo Ever-Changing, and I have met three dragons in my life, and am honored to call one of them my ally. I am not a Dragon. Yet, I can look like one. I don't know what my Brother may have told you, but it is your right to believe in him. All I ask is that, from this point forward, you ensure he never feels lonely." Rising from the bow, Jongo smirks and looks over at Contragh.

"So, Bunny, I've seen some of your people. Want to see some of mine?"
    Last edited by Gengy; 2012-10-11 at 08:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

24. - Top - End - #834
    Orc in the Playground

As Amanda greeted her Uncle she saw a black spot on the horizon "What is that?"

Turning around Haramhold strides back to the wall to get a closer view.
    A call had been sent out, a call had been answered. A smudge appeared on the horizon, a smudge that quickly approached as Haramhold and the Weaver spoke. Even as they noticed it, it spread from the horizon, a swirling, whirling swarm of bats. It approached quickly, eerie in its silent flight. As they approached, the watching deities noticed that the bats were of enormous size, with wingspans measuring close to a meter.

When the bats reached the two deities, they converged, becoming translucent shadows that slowly merged, phasing together into a formless darkness, out of which stepped Silvar. He bowed low to the two deities.

Greetings, Lords. I come in stead of Aramar, Master Hunter. Your call has been heard – I heard it in words spoken in anger, swearing binding oaths, and it bubbled in the cauldrons of alchemists making poisons for their foes. It came in the clang of hammers wielded by slaves in dungeons foul. I heard, and I came. I am Silvar, a part of Aramar, a mere…shadow of him, but I can help you with this…project…of yours. Aramar himself has taken more and more to the trees. Soon he might become one, I fear.

Silvar’s lips curl into a smile as he speaks, but as he finishes he loses a little of the mirth, becoming more serious. His last sentence conveys an attempt to regain the humor.
    [/COLOR]
    Haramhold listen to this Silvar patiently keeping a wary eye on the shadowy visage which floated just beyond the realm's barrier. I do not recognize you Silvar, If you are Aramar's shadow then it is one he did not cast in the white city. Prove that you are who you say you are or depart."
    Sometimes it is useful to know how large your zero is. ~Author Unknown

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

Two Races, Two Gods, Two Coins

Contragh looks at Jongo's new form, rather pleased to see Jongo's abilities rather then the usual disdain he showed in the white city. The Wraiths merely stare in awe at the sight of Jongo, whom after this day was referred to as "The Lord of Change" by the Wraiths instead of the myriad of rumor names the city of Fex had made up. Miranda knelt to one knee after Jongo did, followed in suit by the rest of the Wraiths. Freeing his Axe from it's scabbard he raises it to signal the Wraith's to rise up. Turning back towards Jongo he says "But of course Jongo. I await to see what catastrophies you've wrought in the years of freedom and power you've had," he says rather jokingly, yet there is a kind of inert sense of truth behind it; as if he almost believed that sentence. Turning to the Wraiths he barks " I do not wish to be intruded upon by any threats! Encircle our destination in a 3 mile radius and begin patrols, strike down any beasts of chaos and sway away any ships that come your way. If they insist then change their minds."

He slinks back into his kinder state and looks at Jongo "Lead the way." he says.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

The Dawn Palace

'No, I will not. I cannot. They have suffered enough.'

Wardstone

Before the gates of the first wall Carolinus waited. He stood immobile as the sun passed overhead and the shadow of the great fortress slowly enveloped him. The Sword of the Titans was in it's sheath at his side, Black Buttress was slung across his back. He stood and awaited his brother with both trepidation and joy.
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2012-10-11 at 04:14 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

"Threats? Beasts of Chaos? Other than the Kraken's ilk, it's unlikely you'll find anything like that here, Bunny. And commanding them to encircle our destination? I don't even know where to start, much less where we'll finish! But if you want to give General Miranda and her friends here something to do... Let's have them come with us to meet my people. I'll tell you all what I've been up to. It'll be fun. I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone other then my children for years. Rose was the last of our family to drop in. Oh, wait! Bunny! I met Torvaag. THE Torvaag. He's still alive. I don't... I don't know if you even know who that is, but man, was it fantastic to see him. I sent him to Rodney. I'm pretty sure I managed to send him there safely. I might have forgotten something."

Jongo rambled on, and the water seemed to move out of her way as he led the way. Noticing that the air bubble was moving with them, Jongo grinned, and mid-sentence, muttered a "Thank you."

She then went back to telling Contragh about the Dolphins, the Sharks, the Aboleth, the Leviathan, the Abyss... "Never - ever - never-ever go to the Edge of the Disk, Bunny. Trust me. It was almost the worst mistake of my life. Oh, but you might get close and wait to say hello to the Leviathan. The Leviathan's a very nice... colossal sea-creature. Not at all like the Kraken (which is still a dumb name, I swear!), who was threatening Salus. I've mentioned Salus, right?"

In this way, awkward and jumping from topic to topic, Jongo led Contragh along the ocean floor and told him everything. "Butterfly made a ship. And I helped!"

True to form, Jongo also changed shape to help illustrate his story. She even altered her hands to mimic the fight between himself and Kalandor, when Kalandor was trapped by the Puppeteer. "Another nasty nasty person. If I ever see them, I swear I'm going to give him a piece of my mind. I was so drained after that fight, I simply faded away. Barely any time for a family reunion at all, I tell you."

Jongo briefly ran through about Lord Veldimarus, and as she was about to mention the Jongoscion, several Dolphin-like creatures were swimming towards the underwater bubble.

They were Dolphin-like only because they looked very much like Dolphins... but one was a bright green, one was striped in purple and gold, and another has a laughably red snout.

"Ah! Perfect examples. Teri, Bahbi, Matti, come over here. Say hello to your Uncle Bunny."

::Hello Uncle Bunny.:: Jongo heard them clearly, but could tell that the chattering Dolphin sounds were not making it through to some of the others in the bubble.

"Now, what have I said? Use words aloud for our guests. Come, come. Don't be shy!" The three Dolphins flipped around in the water, and twirled around and around the air bubble. With Jongo's steady encouragement, they slowly shifted forms and became Jongoscion, fully grey skinned and unusual to look at at first.

"Hello." Teri, the smaller Jongoscion, waved a webbed hand.

"Greetings." Larger Bahbi bowed in respect.

Matti was less respectful. "Creator-Father-Mother, the ones that are not Uncle Bunny smell like dried up fish."

"Hush! That's rude." Jongo sniffed the air. It was getting oddly rank in here. "Echum. Some of them are still working on their manners. But, Bunny, these are some of my Jongoscion. My children. They are young, but skilled. I'm sure they'd be honored to show some of your people around. Wouldn't you, dears?"

"Sure!"
    Teri grinned a round toothed grin.

"Indeed." Bahbi walked over towards General Miranda carefully, studying her with obvious curiosity.

"But we were gonna go get some fresh kelp and -" Matti quickly shut up as Jongo raised an eyebrow. Just an eyebrow. Matti sighed, "Yes, Creator-Father-Mother."

"Thank you. So. Bunny. Tell me more about the Traitors lurking in your midst? Where is your midst anyways? I can't find it under all your armor." Jongo began playfully poking at Contragh's stomach. "Probably why you look skinny to me."
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

28. - Top - End - #838

The spirits had been waiting by Carolinus's side. Upon first sight of their master they rushed to him, but he would have none of it. He uttered a command and the spirits ceased their speaking, and hurriedly wrapped themselves awround his sword, vanishing beneath the metal.

Frellon barely broke stride, as he approached his brother. He had not seen him since the Fall.

Frellon wore simple traveling gear, various packs were slung across his back. It functioned but it looked worn, as though it had gone too long since a skilled hand attended to it. In his hand was the Sword of Heroes, the last of the spirit's essence vanishing beneath the sheen of the blade. Yet he moved with strength, he was quite visibly a god despite his ragged attire. He radiated strength, and at the moment, emotion.

Frellon stopped dozen feet from his brother. Assessing the god before him. His eyes wandered to the wall beyond him, and the fortress in the background.

"You seem to have done well for yourself, Carolinus."

His tone of voice showed that he meant it. Carolinus had build this place from the ground up. What had Frellon done but get his Orcs killed?

His voice and eyes hardened again with purpose.

"I have a score to settle with the Titans. Why do you protect them?"

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

Ouran's story, perhaps, should have ended when he hit the water. The form he had at that moment could neither float on the water nor breathe under it.

It seemed, however, that chance or fate or perhaps even the gods themselves had other plans. Ouran sank like a stone into the sea and gasped in a lungful of seawater for a few brief moments before his form changed again - he found with his next gasp that he could breathe the water around him. He felt his flesh changing, as it always did, but now it became sleek and slimy. His bones crunched and shifted within him, his organs squished and writhed. In a few moments, he was a many tentacled, black and gray mess with one large purple eye in the center.

Ouran turned and swam deeper into the sea.

---

Sihlk had found herself a very strange little Jongoscion. He didn't seem able to decide on a form for himself, constantly shifting from one to another. She swam up and tried to talk but found he would lash out at her approach. It took a little over half an hour before she finally got close enough to talk. Gasp and surprise, he was not a Jongoscion, despite the fact he could shift form.

Sihlk laughed and taught him how to stay in one form or another as he so chose. He was glad for her help, and though it took a month, eventually he found his way into a stable form and thanked her deeply, asking how he could repay her.

She wanted to come with him when he went to kill Althra, whom he had told her of over the months. He had not planned on going after her again, but agreed when she asked, and the two set out to kill Althra.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm gonna wrap up this ascension quest real quick-like now. This is taking way too long and sapping out WAAAAAAY too much energy.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

The Green MorningStar
    The Weaver eagerly climbed aboard the massive ship, paying special attention to the feeling of the wood upon his fingertips. "Oh, Jongo certainly has had his hand in this work. Hello, MorningStar. Thank you for welcoming me aboard." Then, the woman known as Amanda greeted her uncle, and he smiled. "And a pleasure to finally meet you in person, Amanda Crystalmaiden. The dreams of your people do you much credit." But when The Weaver went to take her hand, a spark jumped between the two, and The Weaver withdrew his hand in shock. He knew that spark. It was Haramhold's, or at least a fraction of it. The Weaver looked back and forth between the two, and appeared about to speak, when the swarm of bats descended upon the Green MorningStar. The Weaver intoned his head in respect to Silvar as he emerged from the swirling darkness. "I bid thee welcome, Silvar, Shadow of the Hunter. I know of you from the dreams of mortals, but not your heritage. But I may be able to detirmine the truth of such a statement." The Weaver extended his hand, motioning for Silvar to give him his own.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.