New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: 2126 (IC)

Iran to Carthage
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We look forward to it. Would you like us to send assistance as well, or redeploy to assist China? Alternately, we can discuss it in the joint session, which we will attend."

China to Carthage, Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We will certainly attend."

To Thelonius
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, that seems a reasonable assessment.

Dravidia to Carthage (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Why does the Princely Union need to be dealt with? Their attempt at bargaining with Bengal fell through, and they have done nothing that we are aware of. On the other hand, your successes have been...very concerning to many in our senior administration."

Stichelhaar Consulting to Carthage
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We would be willing to rent up to 7 ESP for 7 ECO to apply to the job."

UHI to Hypereux League
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Excellent. We look forward to it."

Stichelhaar Consulting to Hypereux League (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Unfortunately, we have received several contract requests regarding our intelligence division as well. We do not believe such a thing would be possible at this time."

The representative pauses, then sighs slightly. "To be honest, even if we weren't juggling several contracts already, I suspect that the senior leadership is also unwilling to enter into the Hegemony situation in any way. It's a mess, and we don't see any way of pulling a profit out of joining them, not when our primary concerns are security rather than military action against standing armies."

To Zemalac
    Spoiler
    Show
    Somewhat easier. The plans for a partial ring can't easily be scaled in that way due to the difference, but the existence of the partial ring lets things be lifted into orbit far more easily, and the experience in megaengineering will help.

Indochina to Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We would be interested in such an arrangement."

Bengal, China, Mongolia, Indochina, Iran to Amurian Technocracy, Carthage
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We would be interested in such an arrangement."

OOC: Contributions as follows
    Bengal: 4 ECO
    China: 6 ECO
    Indochina: 3 TEC
    Iran: 5 ECO
    Mongolia: 2 TEC

UHI to Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We would be willing to arrange delivery of the amount you require. What kind of price were you considering offering?"

Andean Union, Brazil to Southern Federation (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Andean Union: "We would be content with a return to our original borders, but if necessary, we will drive them to Panama."

Brazil: "Why wait? If we push on, we can remove their corrupt and insane government, not to mention their reprehensible and torturous religion, and replace it with a proper collection of states under our administration. The People's States of America which yet illegally controls Panama might stand in our path, but they are so thoroughly enmired in the Hegemony war that we can probably secure the Panama Canal as well."

Andean Union: "We have quite enough enemies without adding the PSA to the list as well, and they are a friendly and democratic state."

Tamoanchan to The Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We are not in any position to support any scientific measures at this time. Sorry, but perhaps once we fight off our foes."

Kalmar Union to The Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We will grant permission for this."

Stichelhaar to UK
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you. We look forward to future mutually-profitable contracts."

China to the Lunar Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Unfortunately, we are in the middle of a war. We cannot draw off the necessary force from the front lines at this time. However, once we have prosecuted the war to a successful conclusion, we would be perfectly willing to send the requested trainers to you."
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

Southern Federation

To the Andean Union and Brazil (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We agree there is no need to antagoinze the PSA. The Tamoachan currently have no allies that we know of. No need to drive one into their arms. Let us concentrate on cutting off Tamoachan's army first and driving them back to Panama. With their army destroyed we will be able to determine whether or not to proceed through Panama into their Central American holdings more carefully.

The Tamoachan are clearly a threat, they have not even tried to justify their attacks on the Andean Union, and we would be willing to support destroying them. However also consider their people's morale. Their religion may be reprehensible in our eyes and their government may be insane, but their people love the government. Our own agents were completely repulsed when they attempted to enter the country. Attempting to set up new states may well put us in a position of trying to control a rebellious populous. And that is not a position we wish to be in. So let our coalition push the Tamoachan back to Panama, and then consider again whether we wish to pursue them further.

To Mistral
    Spoiler
    Show
    Has Project Earth given me the plans for the HeartSeed yet? If so what will implementing it cost me?

3. - Top - End - #513
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

African Cradle

Carthage, Project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take your time in investment, I myself have only gathered basic supplies and funds to get the skeleton started, it will be months before we see results. And I was planning on using technorapture, whence I had full need for their services. I shall be messaging them as well

Technorapture
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your help shall be appreciated (and compensated for) in the coming months

4. - Top - End - #514
    Orc in the Playground

Technorapture

To UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Will the UON supply the resources Amuria requested last turn?

To Stichelhaar Consulting
    Spoiler
    Show

We and UHI wish to expand our contract for another season. Are your forces available?

To African Cradle
    Spoiler
    Show

Our platforms are awaiting your and your partners orders.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

Andean Union, Brazil to Southern Federation (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brazil: "Then we'll work from that. We'll see you in Antigofasta before the year is out."

Andean Union: "Very well, then. We've also been getting requests from the Amurian Technocracy that we preserve any Biodomes that we come across. We'll do so, depending on what they're working on, but we'd prefer if you and I investigate their research projects first."

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    According to daelrog in this post, you have HeartSeed and a bit more, besides.

Stichelhaar to Technorapture
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Our security forces are still available for further training, should you desire, at the same price."

6. - Top - End - #516
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hypereux: Station 9

To UON (PM)

Spoiler
    Show

I would like to, but I believe that when we didn't give them a response last turn the Amurians have turned to UHI itself to fulfill the order. If we want to get any money from it ourselves, we will have to move fast.

To Stichelhaar Consulting (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

That is fair. I think you may have misunderstood our own position in the Hegemony conflict, however. We are not allies of the Hegemony, and have no intent of doing anything in the region other than securing the launch loop. We want to keep an eye on the British because they have already attacked the facility once, but that is all. Frankly, you're probably wise to not get involved in the situation down there. If we had any choice in the matter, we wouldn't be there ourselves.

Thank you for your time, anyway.

To Amurian Technocracy (ESP-D 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

Are you still interested in that minerals/water deal you proposed last turn? The UON response to your request was unfortunately delayed due to internal politics, but we believe that has been sorted out now.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

UHI to UON (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The assessment of the Hypereux League is correct; they have approached us directly as well as attempting to work through the Union. However, if other UON members are willing to contribute to the deal, we can conclude this deal as a whole."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

The Southern Federation

To the Andean Union (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be happy to look at any captured biodomes. Our scientists have been making some interesting forays into genetics research. Perhaps that will prove helpful in seeing what the Tamoachan scientists have been up to.

To Mistral
    Spoiler
    Show
    So can I get some more clarification on what HeartSeed actually does. I mean daelrog says it lays out diets and excercise plans tailored to individuals to make them healthier. But what does that mean? Is it a morale boost? Some kind of trait? And do I have to put any effort into getting it distributed. I would think that anything which provided actual benefits would need more than just buying it, although maybe not there were those USC blueprints.

I want to offer it to the Andean Union and Brazil, but I don't feel comfortable selling a technology the capabilities of which I'm not familiar with.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

New Roman Empire Morale 5

To Sovereign Peoples Turkish Republic
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from New Rome. Our Emperor is interested in a possible alliance between our states. He would like arrange a personal visit to your country, if this is acceptable.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Orc in the Playground

Technorapture

To UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, it appears this committee has to find ways to work faster. Technorapture is willing to contribute to this deal.

To To Stichelhaar Consulting
    Spoiler
    Show

In this case, feel free to consider yourself hired.

11. - Top - End - #521

To UON (PM)

Spoiler
    Show

We would also be happy to contribute.

OOC: What exactly do we need to contribute for this? We are giving the Amurians 8 ECO worth of minerals--do we need to invest more ECO into the mining project to expand it and meet that demand?
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim

To the Commonwealth of Australia
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're sorry that we didn't have the oppertunity to help, that would have been a fun project. And, as for the animal modifcation, we've been doing some work in that field, most as it relates to hybridization, but.

And thank you for allowing us to have the Great barrier reef as part of our cruise. We'll send you 40% of anything we make off of it. And as for a secure meeting, we'll send someone to your office soon.

And as for the gene pool that is located in Australia... We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We're also planing to do addtional plant gene surveys, with a focus on lichens and arctic moss.

As for the conflict with the British, it's not war yet. Barely. We just have some mercary assets deployed there, and the pay is quite.. signifigent. We'll mention it when our repersntive arrives.

To the UK
    The contract is over as soon as this conflict is. The exact term is; When the last invading or peacekeeping force leaves. And as for the Falklands, we would perfer cleaning up the amazon rainforest first. Just to make sure.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy to Bengal [ESP ++++]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We would like to discuss something with you. You must have noticed, what's happening with Indian Warlords. We believe their power to be nearly broken. I doubt they'll last another six months. They are truly no longer a threat to you.

This would leave only Shan Warlords on your eastern borders. We have opened negotiations with Indochina and they are willing to commit their forces to end their threat. We will support them in this. Would you be able to provide some pressure on your front? Between the three of us, we should be able to end their threat as well.
    ''

Amurian Technocracy to Indochina [ESP ++++]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We have opened negotiations with Bengal, to see if they can provide assistance on their front. They have being very cautious in regard to offensive action in the past, but perhaps the troubles the warlords have suffered and their new alliance with Chine will embolden them to send at least part of their forces.''

Secret Planning [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We are prepared to send our troops and provide assistance of our intelligence services for this operation.''

[I'm thinking about 5 points worth of stats.]

Amurian Technocracy to UHI & Hypereux League [ESP ++++]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Due to the six months delay in response, we have actually have started contacting individual nations with space assets to deliver on the order. We will conclude the contract with any nation, that can deliver the amounts we require at reasonably low price, for significantly large order. Of course since we are already in negotiations with UHI, we'll listen to their offer first.''

[OOC - I've asked it in the GM Only section, but basically, I need to know, how much materials would be required.]

To GM Only
    Spoiler
    Show

By my estimate we'll have a minimum of 21 ECO for the project to restore and improve land condition of Iran, Carthage, China, Bengal, Indochina and Mongolia. I don't know what share of that would go into purchase of nutrients and water, but I guess it would be the most significant expenditure, since I believe the scope of the project would mean very high volume of water and minerals required. Those asteroids on other hand should have massive amounts available. We want low price, since we are making very large order and they can mine a lot at low cost to them, due to economies of scale. Also, this is opportunity for space nations to develop mining infrastructure, that they'll need in the near future, since everybody and his dog are busy developing space. Heck, I suspect eventually my tech can to a degree be adapted to create soil on the Moon (I know it'll require a lot of effort to adapt, but it's better than doing it from scratch).

Basically, if it was just me buying 4 ECO worth of materials, it would be one price. Together, at 15-20 ECO we are making one heck of a bulk order, which should be pretty profitable for them even, if they give us a discount.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth

Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no bulk deal at this time. The current deal is -temporary economy for the blueprints and right to use the HeartSeed within your own borders. No doubt if you invest more into it afterwards, it will become more readily available to your own people.

UK
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, it is temporary -economy.

Currently we expect the ERP to get significant results (complete, or partial benefits uncertain) in two turns at the current investment and resources going into the program.

Thanks to a massive contribution by the Lunar Empire, the Space transit porgram is done with research and only construction remains.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy to Project Earth [++++]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Well, it's unfortunate. Perhaps we'll be able to do business in the future. We'll be looking forward to your next technological advance.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-04-24 at 07:40 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

The North American Hegemony

"There are no words strong enough to condemn TELEPATH's base and cowardly betrayal of its allies, yet we must try with what words we can muster. Coming forward in accordance with our mutual defense pact, TELEPATH wormed its way into the confidence of the North American Alliance before turning on us in our hour of need, joining with the rapacious invaders on our shores to steal the lives of the Hegemony's sons and daughters, the sweat of their labors, and leave the once-proud city of Boston in ruins. TELEPATH has revealed its true face, that of a mercenary and unprincipled state that has no qualms to betraying inconvenient treaties and turning their weapons on nations that had called them allies hot twelve hours prior. We condemn TELEPATH's cowardice, we condemn TELEPATH's greed, and we condemn TELEPATH's unbridled amorality. Let any who deal with them take this as a warning - given the slightest hint of profit, TELEPATH will turn on you as well."

To Grim (D-ESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Though it pains us, we are reduced to begging - please, cast aside the veil of neutrality and join us fully in this war. Should we be defeated, your current stance may protect you for six months, or a year, but eventually Britain's eyes will fall on you and see a nation that has opposed them twice. Without provocation, they were willing to work with Cuba to frame the Hegemony for piracy in the Atlantic, and strike at our heart by agitating our people into rebellion. The defeat of this European task group and the shattering of Britain's military power is the only way to ensure the safety and longevity of both our civilizations, and your involvement could turn the tide. Please, think on this, and remember how almost two hundred years ago the world allowed another tyrant free reign under the guise of peace before he plunged every nation into a nightmare of war, genocide, and madness.

To Lunar Empire (D-ESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Good evening. We realize that our nations do not have a great deal in common, and that from your citadel on Luna the concerns of Earth must seem small and far away. However, we ask that you aid us, if only diplomatically, in bringing this invasion to a close. The riots in our cities escalated before we could react, and as we grappled with addressing the unhappiness in our nation the Cubans had invaded, backed by British influence. Their attempts at blackmail had failed, and so they sought to take our resources by force. The Hegemony acknowledges the humanitarian issues at play, but if you look deeper you will see the resurgent echoes of imperialism and adventurism, the same resurgent echoes that led one of the members of this international task force to launch a nuclear assault upon your people. The nations assailing us have anchored themselves to the past, to the dying history of a failed century, and if they are allowed to continue they will simply seek out another target, then another. Grim, Utopia, Australia, Varunas - all have suffered at the hands of tyrants seeking to impose their flawed vision upon the human race. Please, for the sake of our species, help us.

To African Cradle (D-ESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Good evening. We realize that halfway around the world, the concerns of the Hegemony must seem distant. However, we ask that you aid us, if only diplomatically, in bringing this invasion to a close. The riots in our cities escalated before we could react, and as we grappled with addressing the unhappiness in our nation the Cubans had invaded, backed by British influence. Their attempts at blackmail had failed, and so they sought to take our resources by force. The Hegemony acknowledges the humanitarian issues at play, but if you look deeper you will see the resurgent echoes of imperialism and adventurism, the same resurgent echoes of a philosophy that ravaged your ancestors for centuries. The nations assailing us have anchored themselves to the past, to a dying history millenia past, and if they are allowed to continue they will simply seek out another target, then another. Grim, Utopia, Australia, Varunas - all have suffered at the hands of tyrants seeking to impose their flawed vision upon the human race. Please, for the sake of our species, help us.

To Greater Malay Popular Republic (D-ESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

As you are no doubt aware, the bulk of TELEPATH's forces are currently invested in Newfoundland, leaving the territory they so brazenly stole from your people scarcely protected. Should you feel the need to avenge that grievous wrong and reclaim the land that is rightfully yours, the Hegemony would support you. After all, TELEPATH broke from an international treaty with no advance warning - with such a dangerous rogue state on your borders, how can you ensure the safety of your citizenry?

To Balkan League (D-ESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

With nearly the entirety of the Directorate's military engaged in the siege of the Hegemony, the territories they annexed are ripe for liberation. Should you feel the time is right, the Hegemony would lend our voices and the voices of our allies in support of your action to free your countrymen from the yoke of communism.

Confederate States of America (D-ESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

As you are no doubt aware, the international task force besieging our country has employed the FRA as a fifth column against us. Doubtlessly, they promised the FRA the return of territory they feel is theirs. Should the task force succeed, you will be bordered on the North by British colonies and a government that considers the Union to still exist, a government that would no doubt seek to annex even more former states with the support of its European allies. Please, help us in pushing back this incursion of communists and imperialists, so that we might continue to advance the true American ideal - we realize we have offended in the past, and for that we apologize, but in the face of annihilation old grudges are best cast aside. You may assume this to be hyperbole, but Britain demands nothing less that complete capitulation from both the Hegemony and our allies - their victory is the death of American independence.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

17. - Top - End - #527
    Barbarian in the Playground

Carthaginian Empire
    Defensive Espionage: +++++

Iran
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I appreciate your constant willingness to cooperate, but I believe Carthage will have the resources to deal with the warlords. We are planning to devote +++++ MIL to helping ensure the transfer of leadership goes smoothly. If you would prefer to send at least minimal military in that direction for the sake of protecting your border, we could split the cost +++ and ++ or ++++ and +. If you want to do that, any MIL freed up for Carthage will be more devoted to helping you and China against Turkestan. It is up to you.

OOC: Sorry, Mistral, to be a pest. But I still need this answered:
    PM - GM Question:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the last PM, could I have my last question answered? Quoting it here for ease:
    So Mistral, just to make sure I have it absolutely clear for next EOT. I have 50% of the warlord stats. So they must have +++ left. Probably ++ MIL and + ESP. Because I'm at the threshold, I can use outside stats to aid in a total takeover without penalty. So if I used the +++ co-opted stats and, say, +++++ MIL I could probably succeed because it would be 7 MIL versus ++ plus some espionage on one side and economy on the other.

Dravida [PM-Level]
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Oops, I didn't understand what the Princely Union/Bengal thing meant in "News in Brief". Now I do. I'm guessing my REP wasn't enough to make them like me yet, but was it enough to encourage them to not take action against Carthage?

IC: "I wish your administration would give us more credit. You have nothing to worry about. Our successes in India should make Dravida feel more secure if anything. Don't just take our word for it though. In time, I hope Carthage can demonstrate that it has no intentions of hindering anything Dravida stands for and that one day you'll trust us enough to establish a friendship.

China, Amurian Technocracy, Iran [PM-Level]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Carthaginian Empire sends Abdul Romafar to the conference, the head of the empire's armed forces. He is a seasoned older man unlike the emperor himself, having served under the emperor's father for many years.

"On behalf of the emperor, I would like to say that it has been a pleasure working with your peoples to restore stability to the continent. It is our hope that continued cooperation with your nations will lead to a lasting friendship and alliance that will drive Asia to become the leaders of the world and the space which surrounds it.

Now, we have plans to discuss. Carthage is currently working with Iran to finish up matters with the Arabian warlords, but the rest of our military is yours to use against Turkestan. After this season, our contribution should increase significantly as we free up more resources and as the warlords join our ranks under Carthaginian leadership."

Bengal, China, Mongolia, Indochina, Iran to Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Our economic and technological assets will be split between completing the African space station and this project. Still, I expect we will be able to contribute a significant amount of ECO and TECH to the project to transform our lands into a paradise. Has anyone looked into mentioning what we're doing to Project Earth? They have begun research on an Environmental Revitalization Program and their research could be helpful for what we're doing."

Technorapture
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We would be pleased to have your expertise helping us with the construction."

OOC: Is this a + for + trade of ECO to receive some sort of fluff bonus from your space construction expertise?

African Cradle, Project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, take your time with investment. Carthaginian engineers contributed towards the construction of our station last season and we intend to continue our investments. We also intend to continue investment after its completion to provide Africa with advanced facilities that can be used to bring us closer together and work on research projects that will lead to the betterment of our continent.

Project Earth, Carthage would be interested in purchasing your HeartSeed technology.

Mistral [GM PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm interested in contributing towards the joint project with Amurian Technocracy and co., but also towards Project Earth's Environmental Revitalization Program. How do the two projects compare though? Ideally, I would like to combine the research from both technologies to receive even more benefits from contribution for all involved parties, but if one technology is stronger than the other and they can't be combined, I'll go with that one.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

New Roman Empire Morale 5

To Project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming the price is 0.5 T.Econ, The New Roman Empire would be interested in purchasing your HeartSeed device.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalmar Union to Hegemony
    Spoiler
    Show
    "While that is true, unfortunately, our military is primarily geared for defensive deployments. We will send what we can as volunteers, but we cannot promise much more."

OOC: 2 MIL is offered.

Turkish Republic to New Roman Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We would be interested as well. We will meet your envoy in Istanbul."

To Zemalac, UON (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: They haven't specified how much they want in stats yet, or how much they're offering in exchange. UHI will probably angle for a 1 ECO:1 ECO cost-exchange.

Bengal to Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We are willing to act against them."

Indochina to Amurian Technocracy (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Indeed. We are willing to assist as well. We also received limited assistance from the Tuong Khinh before they began their "retrenchment", and would be able to contribute 3 MIL."

UHI to Amurian Technocracy, Hypereux League
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We believe it likely that a sufficiently large bulk order would require the resources of the UON to fulfill, and would be willing to assist in this. To that end, we would propose a fair exchange as 1 ECO of water and other bulk materials in return for 1 ECO of currency and industrial goods, to whatever limit you require. Given that demand for water is particularly high in space compared to Earth, we believe this would be a more than fair deal."

To Thelonius (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: That's a good case to make IC, not OOC. I control precisely one of the nations you're negotiating with.

At any rate, in Mongolia, you'll probably only need 4-6 ECO.

Malaya to North American Hegemony
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We agree, and will begin operations immediately, in return for your guarantee that we keep anything we successfully take."

Balkan League to North American Hegemony
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Perhaps, if you can successfully deal a blow to the International Task Force, we would be willing. We look forward to seeing how well you do in the coming six months."

Confederate States of America to North American Hegemony
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are not the true face of the American ideal; we consider the Federal Republic or People's States closer to that, for all the former's hatred for us and the latter's crypto-Communism. You are merely a blustering corporation masquerading as a democracy, and your removal will be the end of a blight on the American name."

Iran to Carthaginian Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    "If you believe you have the resources to take care of them on your own, then we'll acknowledge your wishes, and redirect our efforts to Turkestan. It seems that, as far as logistics are concerned, it may be easier in the short term than to move army groups from Carthage to the Hindu Kush. We wish you the best of luck, however, and will make preparations to turn over the territories we secured to Carthage."

Dravidia to Carthage
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We'll give you that chance, then, though it is against our better judgment."

Iran, China to Amurian Technocracy, Carthage (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iran: "Yes, that's true. We'll be redirecting our full force against Turkestan this season, as after discussion between our two powers, we are confident that we will be able to eliminate the Arabian warlords in a single blow."

China: "We've already dealt Turkestan several defeats in the last year, and their army is already a hollow shell of what it once was. If we aren't in Samarqand by the end of the next year, we will eat our hats."

To TsukikoJ
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Sorry, I addressed the response to the wrong person. Yes, that seems a reasonable assessment, though I haven't run the numbers.

Regarding the projects of Project Earth and Amur, their in-game effects are similar, especially since they're the same base technologies. Project Earth public proposals emphasizes green tech and developing the environment in natural, sustainable ways, while Amur's public proposals set aside part of that for efficiency and a more boilerplate single-standard goal.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy to Iran, China, Carthage [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We have been in negotiations with the Moon King. It is possible, that his troops will join us against the tyranny of Turkestan.''

Amurian Technocracy to UON [++++]
    Spoiler
    Show

''As a continuation of our negotiations with UHI, for now we require 20 ECO worth of water and minerals. Will you be able to deliver this order?''

21. - Top - End - #531

To UON, Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show

That is a very large order to fill on short notice, but I think that we can collectively complete it.

The Hypereux League would be willing to offer 5 ECO worth. To better handle large orders such as this in the future, all of our profits from this deal are going to go towards expanding the mining operation.

To TELEPATH (ESP-D 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have only recently become appraised of the fact that your troops seem to be working with the British in Newfoundland. Considering our rather expansive investment in Quebec, might we inquire as to what your intentions there are? We are trying not to get too involved in the Hegemony war, but we would rather like to keep our launch loop secure and operational.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy to Hypereux League
    Spoiler
    Show

''This was hardly a short-notice. We appraised you of our need in advance.''

23. - Top - End - #533

Carthage - USC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am not sure Carthage will have the money to invest this turn because we are currently continuing the construction of the African space station, but I would be interested in knowing the details of the asteroid mining project. We are potentially interested in that industry and just want to know more information.

Emperor Hannibal Himilco

Carthage - Iran [+++++]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, so you think it is better to move the Carthaginian troops to our land in the Hindu Kush to help with the assault rather than moving through Iran? Our territories do connect now, so either would be possible.

OOC: Wasn't sure I understood what they were saying, so I'm just confirming.

Amurian Technocracy [PM-Level]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to PM me your response or do it here. What do you think about bringing Project Earth in? They're trying to research the Environmental Revitalization Program as well, so combined your technologies could be quite potent. I may be investing in both. Expect 4-7 TECH/ECO for this environmental project from Carthage.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

24. - Top - End - #534

Hypereux League to Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    You appraised us of your need, yes. However, you also stated that you needed 8 ECO worth. Your current proposal is for more than double that amount, an increase in demand that was not anticipated when you approached us last turn.

Nevertheless, I will repeat that I believe we (the UON, I mean) can fulfill this request, so long as all of us are willing to contribute to it. Of course, as you may have gathered from the previous turn, getting the UON to agree on anything is somewhat difficult.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

25. - Top - End - #535
    Orc in the Playground

Technorapture

To UON & Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show

Technorapture will provide at least +++++ ECON worth of resources to meet your order. Should the amount gathered not be enough, we will increase our contribution accordingly.
    We too will invest our profits from the initial (+++++) investment into expanding the mining operation.

To Carthage
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Yes, this is the deal I am offering.

To USC
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently the Asteroid mining operation consists of a number of asteroids placed near the Cislunar L4 and L5 Lagrange points. The two mayor mining sites are a iron-nickel asteroid and a carbonaceous chondrite asteroid. Should demand increase further asteroids can be placed in similar orbits.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Utopia Project

To UK
    No we will not withdraw from this war. For some rather simple reasons; we won't abandon our ally excepically when the war is still far from decided. Also we do not want the UK as a neighbor. So far you've threatened and attempted to bully us in most of our conversations and have declared war on us while at the same time speaking for other nations. You've used treachery and agents to incite unrest and gain the smallest advantages. You've embarked on a mission of anhillation refusing to even let the American Hegemony have a chance to improve themselves. Quite frankly even if we accepted your peace terms we feel that you would merely use it as an opportunity to prepare for a another war against us.

To Russia
    We notice that you've done the exact opposite of what your promised, bringing in reinforcements rather then peacefully retreating.

To Cuba
    We are curious on why you are still in this war. As far as we can tell you are no longer allies with the UK and Russia and have no claim for being here. If you wish you may retreat or surrender and we will guarantee that your forces are returned home safely at no cost to your nation.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

Iran, China to Carthage, Amur (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iran: "This is excellent news."

China: "It certainly explains an unusual request from them, regarding sending us reinforcements. If they can be trusted, we see no reason to oppose further assistance."

UHI to UON, Amur
    Spoiler
    Show
    "UHI can also provide 5 ECO, which we will reinvest as well in the asteroid mining project."

Iran to Carthage
    Spoiler
    Show
    "No, sorry if it was unclear. We meant that the front lines in Afghanistan pass along the northern Hindu Kush, which is where we expect the most difficult fighting, so this is where we would station the bulk of both your troops and ours in dealing with Turkestan once the Arabian warlords are removed entirely. It would be easier and better for your troops to be moved to the eastern front lines through our nation, but this is at least six months out yet, if not further, and if Turkestan is as weak as China claims, it may be entirely irrelevant."

28. - Top - End - #538

Soviet Directorate

Utopia Project
    The answer is both straightforward and simple, "Our military forces were stuck in Boston, without any assurances of a peaceful retreat. We fought to make sure that our men and women could securely return home. With the separation of former Hegemony territories, which the Directorate shall ensure remain progressive and free of the tyranny of the old government, we feel that our choice was correct in seeing as to whether or not the disgruntled citizens wished to continue residing under the old government."

Bengal
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Soviets would continue their communications, reopening lines.

"The Directorate would like to know whether or not Bengal still has interests in pursuing a primarily communist India. The Indian Warlords may not be an issue for much longer, depending on how several projects pan out. Has the Princely Union still continued its aggression, or may the Directorate look forward to ongoing relations with its communist neighbors?"
    Last edited by Gunther; 2012-04-26 at 01:29 AM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy to Australia [++++]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We'd like to invite you to take part in our project to enrich soil and improve biodiversity. We are currently ordering vast quantities of water and nutrients from space and Amurian Technocracy has developed expertise in land improvement techniques.

''There is also another matter, we wish to dicuss with you over more secure channels.''

Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-04-26 at 07:32 AM.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

Bengal to Soviet Directorate
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Indeed, we're aware that the warlords to our west seem likely to decline in power in the near future. The Princely Union attempted to approach us for an alliance against Carthaginian ambitions in the region, but their demands were exorbitant, and we found other allies, such as yourself, China, and the Amur Technocracy, to be preferable."