New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Thread I: Cash for The Cash God

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    I don't use the fancy game dice that much, but for some reason I really want to own a D14.
    Yea, they are fun looking. The only reason I didn't mention them is there's already a d14 by gamescience.
    Last edited by turkishproverb; 2012-08-06 at 08:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    Yea, they are fun looking. The only reason I didn't mention them is there's already a d14 by gamescience.
    I've seen novelty dice designed as curiousities before, but there's something about the way they're imagining those D14s and D18s in their no-nonsense, opaque plastic look that make them me want a bucket of them to find a way to use them.

Stupid Kickstarter keeps finding a way to make me pledge money.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Shadowrun Online

Hello everyone,

It's not totally off-topic to roleplaying but I figured I'd post here to be on the safe side.

Anyway, I wanted to do my part in helping an awesome project at kickstarter to succeed. Shadowrun Online is a tactical MMO for PC (Windows & Linux), Mac, Ouya and Tablets, with a deep, rich story, co-op gameplay, and player vs. player action, in the unique and persistent world of Shadowrun. And they need your help. You'll be well rewarded! See yourself as a character in the game, get Shadowrun campaign books and figurines, or receive many in-game packages.

Browse to shadowrun.com/kickstarter and help them to make Shadowrun Online a reality.

If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to provide further information. And so will be the community over at the kickstarter or at shadowrun.com . You can always send a PM to the developers on kickstarter too. I'll leave it at this short summary so people don't go TL;DR :)
    Last edited by Sangius; 2012-08-09 at 02:38 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    On that...crimson...note, Reaper Minis is having a kickstarter with some great stuff.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-of-gaming-min
    I put a thread up about that one here before someone reminded me there was a catch-all thread. There's more info in there.

Right now the $100 "Vampire" level pledge is sitting at $1 per mini and the stretch goals are only getting better. The mini-case is awesome! And the latest stretch goal, the Fire Elementals (scroll down a little bit), is something I've been hoping for for a long time.

Even if you just donate a little you're helping Reaper with the costs of getting these new minis produced and distributed, so every little bit means that these will be in stores sooner.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello again!

I just wanted to tell you that we launched a kickstarter campaign for our first videogame (as a company).

The game is "Evilot", and it's a Puzzle/Defense/Strategy game for basically every platform aside from consoles (for now, anyway!) That's PC, Mac, Linux, iOS (Universal), Android and even the upcoming talk of the town, OUYA. Yes, we actually got in line for one of those dev-consoles of theirs and are planning to support it!

We are a REALLY REALLY REALLY small studio, just starting out. No one is making any money at all so far, it's been about a year in the works in our off-times and we are hoping to make our dream come true.

We are not some children with a dream here. We are grown-ups, that behave like children, that have a dream :D

Anyway, just let me know what you think. We are trying our best here to make the dream of working in video game development a reality for this little team in South America! For me, personally, it's my first game ever (I'm doing gameplay design as well as a little sound design here and there), most of the team has had previous experience, either indie or AAA.

Just check out the video, it does a better job explaining it all than I am! :D

Seriously, just tell me what you think, I'll be lurking the forums as per usual. Thanks guys!

Evilot by Syrenaica - Kickstarter -- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/syrenaica/evilot
    "What an astonishing thing a book is.

It’s a flat object made from a tree with flexible parts on which are imprinted lots of funny dark squiggles. But one glance at it and you’re inside the mind of another person, maybe somebody dead for thousands of years."

Carl Sagan.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Right now the $100 "Vampire" level pledge is sitting at $1 per mini and the stretch goals are only getting better. The mini-case is awesome! And the latest stretch goal, the Fire Elementals (scroll down a little bit), is something I've been hoping for for a long time.
    It looks likely to unlock those sometime today. I bought into the kickstarter a couple days ago, doing the Undertaker option for my brother's game store.

I haven't even seen any of the models in person yet, but they look good and I've heard interesting things about them not breaking and being able to bend without destroying the paint. I think this will be the first Reaper products my brother's shop is going to carry.
    As for the rest of the Reaper lines... their not-quite battletech 'Mechs its very clear what they are trying to be but they still look a little off. Probably not going to get to any of the 'Mechs in Bones.

Any guess as to what the tomestone with the big wings is covering?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    As for the rest of the Reaper lines... their not-quite battletech 'Mechs its very clear what they are trying to be but they still look a little off. Probably not going to get to any of the 'Mechs in Bones.
    I was painfully close to pulling the trigger for one of those pure silver master models, though...
    Ask not for whom the wolves howl, they howl for thee.

--- Also known as [GITP] Magentawolf

8. - Top - End - #128

Any guess as to what the tomestone with the big wings is covering?
    We're all pretty sure it's this guy. I haven't seen that particular one in person, so I can't give a real good idea of it's scale, but I know it's a pretty sizable model. That base is 2x2 inches.

And if it comes out in Bones, I'm all over it.

Also, I have it from the folks at Reaper themselves that they do have plans for those of us that want some of the upgrade packs (like Ebonwrath), but can't donate at Vampire level. Maybe it'll be another stretch goal, maybe it'll be something else, but they are at least listening.

#edit 08/10/12: It's confirmed that the big winged tombstone is indeed the model I've linked above, plus one more: This dude. Again, I don't know the scale off-hand, but I believe that he's about as big as Rauth up there, just without the wingspan.
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2012-08-10 at 01:33 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Shadowrun Online

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Commercial posting.

It kinda leaves gives me a bad taste in my mouth, especially since SRO has already been mentioned, volutarily by a real supporter rather than an employee, in the appropriate Kickstarter thread.

For the sake of professionalism, it would have been so much more effective to find the thread, and post a thank you to the guys who already plugged your product for you.

But I guess that never even occurs to marketing people. Hey, you could hire me =)

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

Hm, first of all I am not an employee. Just another fan. I used the search-function and found no dedicated thread when searching for 'Shadowrun Online' and/or Kickstarter. I understand how this might look bad - if you could point me in the right direction, I'll be happy to continue posting there.

(Also, the KS has passed 300k now and there was a new update on character creation / new swag rewards - but more on that in the appropriate corner of the forums :) )

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I'm really less then impressed with the SRO idea. We already supported the return of a Shadowrun video game, and now they're parlaying that into an MMO? Nah.
    Ask not for whom the wolves howl, they howl for thee.

--- Also known as [GITP] Magentawolf

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post
    I'm really less then impressed with the SRO idea. We already supported the return of a Shadowrun video game, and now they're parlaying that into an MMO? Nah.
    Is it actually related to the FPS video game from a few years back?
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sangius View Post
    Hm, first of all I am not an employee. Just another fan. I used the search-function and found no dedicated thread when searching for 'Shadowrun Online' and/or Kickstarter. I understand how this might look bad - if you could point me in the right direction, I'll be happy to continue posting there.

(Also, the KS has passed 300k now and there was a new update on character creation / new swag rewards - but more on that in the appropriate corner of the forums :) )
    Your profile was made the day you posted this thread. You have made no post on anything else. Ergo, you signed up for this forum for the express purpose of doing commercial work for this title.

It's ok. It's just inelegant.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

@Snowstorm: Well, the license was already saved long before the SRR kickstarter was started. It's two different game concepts, in two different timeframes of the franchise, made by two different developers. So it's not like one company would be increasing their portfolio after the success of their first kickstarter. :)
    @Seerow: Not in any way.
    @Acromos: Of course the aim of this thread is to promote the kickstarter. And I am sorry I created a new thread when there already was a general kickstarter-thread. I just wanted to clarify that I am not being paid to do this or anything of that irk.

Should we move over to the kickstarter thread or is it ok to continue using this thread?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[QUOTE]
    @Seerow: Not in any way.
    [\QUOTE]

It's the same IP based off the same RPG, it's just this time they are trying to make a game that the fans would like.
    I know that someone has publicly apologised for making the shadow run shooter, it was in a kick starter video a few months ago.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, to be fair, you don't see much of the RPG in the FPS. Barely anything. Most Shadowrunners just don't consider it a Shadowrun game (e.g. magic in SR doesn't allow for teleportation and/or resurrection, yet the FPS featured both ...)

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post

It's the same IP based off the same RPG, it's just this time they are trying to make a game that the fans would like.
    I know that someone has publicly apologised for making the shadow run shooter, it was in a kick starter video a few months ago.

Well there's a big difference between a game based off the same IP, and a game that is directly related. I mean the FPS was basically Halo with Trolls. Not something any fans of the system or setting are going to be interested in. We'll see how it plays out with the new games coming out.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, with a point-buy creation system, a turn-based combat etc. I doubt it'll develop anywhere in the direction of Halo with trolls, again. (BTW: Mitch is still very, very sorry for that. I bet he'll do a much better job from a SR-fan perspective with Shadowrun Returns :) )

21. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, it's been admitted that the FPS was "Shadowrun In Name Only". SR:R and SR:Online are both turn-based RPGs with isometric camera angles - no connection whatsoever apart from the general concept of cyberpunk+fantasy and which fantasy races you can play as (the FPS didn't add or remove any from the PnP RPG).

The first video for SR:R's Kickstarter had Mitch Gitelman holding a large sign saying "Sorry" about the FPS... then getting pelted with fruit. I think it safe to say that the devs know how much of a colossal screw-up that FPS was.
    Avatar of Gnar'tigor - former Star Player of the Hellborn Hooligans Blood Bowl team - by Savannah

Brilliant D&D song from Aussie comedy band Tripod.
    If anyone can find a better-quality version of that, let me know.

The Hellborn Hooligans Reborn

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

Just wanted to let you know: The last 48 hours have started now. Money pours in more quickly now, but it's still uncertain whether the Kickstarter will fail or succeed. If you thought about backing the project and find yourself in a position to be able to do so - please go ahead and back it at shadowrun.com/kickstarter . If it fails, you won't loose any money, if it succeeds we'll not 'only' get one but two great Shadowrun games in 2013. AWESOME!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Well the Reaper Bones kickstarter is coming along nicely.
    But in reading the comments I found another kickstarter called Evil Baby Orphanage which was just too unusual of a name to not check out. It has been a short kickstarter and its only open for another 8 hours. And the base game is only $18. It is a party game about time-traveling nannies who go through time and collect evil people as babies before they get a chance to become evil. It seemed interesting enough, I figured I would give it a try.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Wonder: Just Merged in a Thread. There may be double posts between here and Sanginus's introduction of the SR KS as a result.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

@Mark Hall:

Thanks a lot for merging. One last update on the Shadowrun Online Kickstarter: The last 13 hours are running now with about $44,000 to go. I'll, sadly, be gone those last 13 hours, but there are plenty of nice people over at shadowrun.com/kickstarter to chat with and get information from. Every dollar counts!

26. - Top - End - #146

GnomeWizardGuy

The D14 and D18 Kickstarter has met its target. They plan to make a new type of die if they hit their second stretch goal, which judging by the voting looks like it's going to be a D22.

If you're a dice fan, they've got pledge options with extras which means you can get all the evens from D4 to D20, a D24 and a D30 in up to six colours. Also cubic D3s (D6s marked 1-3 on two faces).
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2012-08-14 at 02:05 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Well the Reaper Bones kickstarter is coming along nicely.
    They've made it to Heroes, and I'm hoping they make it to the Chronoscope minis before it's over.
    But in reading the comments I found another kickstarter called Evil Baby Orphanage which was just too unusual of a name to not check out. It has been a short kickstarter and its only open for another 8 hours. And the base game is only $18. It is a party game about time-traveling nannies who go through time and collect evil people as babies before they get a chance to become evil. It seemed interesting enough, I figured I would give it a try.
    Evil Baby Orphanage is awesome! Wyrd never fails to put out a decent product.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

The Bones is getting about one update a day, but the price gap between updates is increasing. I don't really see it getting all the way through the crypt, but I think it will get at least a couple rows farther in.

I'm already at $427 for my pledge, thats the Undertaker + all the model upgrades (with the bone giant and chronoscope models already added in) and the case. So if I'm going to continue getting everything then this is really going to add up. And since this is for the shop... I might need to get extra of some of the upgrades. I am disappointed that several of the updates aren't going to the Undertaker level but going to the Vampire level.

Of course one thing I'm still not 100% sure on is how many models are now with the Undertaker pledge. It says the first 59 is 4 of each... but I don't know what 59 that is. 30 new ones on the KS page, and there are 16 models in the bones line already... but if they count the 3 different rats and 3 different kobolds as different models then thats 60, not 59. And then the Undead Horde upgrade has at least some of the models already available in Bones, so does that mean 8 of those ones? And the Orcs, well I see two of the orcpocolypse upgrade in the existing line but not the other 3. And the orcs, and undead come in 3 models per blister and the kobolds and rats are 6 per blister... but I'm assuming we're getting 4 of each different one instead of the blisters are they are sold from Reaper.

29. - Top - End - #149

Of course one thing I'm still not 100% sure on is how many models are now with the Undertaker pledge. It says the first 59 is 4 of each... but I don't know what 59 that is. 30 new ones on the KS page, and there are 16 models in the bones line already... but if they count the 3 different rats and 3 different kobolds as different models then thats 60, not 59. And then the Undead Horde upgrade has at least some of the models already available in Bones, so does that mean 8 of those ones? And the Orcs, well I see two of the orcpocolypse upgrade in the existing line but not the other 3. And the orcs, and undead come in 3 models per blister and the kobolds and rats are 6 per blister... but I'm assuming we're getting 4 of each different one instead of the blisters are they are sold from Reaper.
    The 59:

The Undertaker Level: 4 each of 59 models

Released and available right now:
    Skeletal Spear-man
    Orc Archer
    Orc Spearman
    Cave Troll
    Ogre Chieftain
    Minotaur
    Ghost
    Great Worm
    Good Human Warrior
    Kobolds
    Rats
    Dwarf Warrior
    Gnoll Warrior
    Werewolf
    Bugbear
    Zombie

Not Released yet: Was scheduled for this year
    Skeletal Swordsman
    Skeletal Archer
    Orc Swordsman
    Elf Archer
    Evil Human Fighter
    Bathalian
    Female Ranger
    Goblins
    Giant Spider
    Unicorn
    Young Dragon
    Vampire (female)
    Gargoyle

Plus the 30 new models shown in the Mummy level

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Not Released yet: Was scheduled for this year
    Skeletal Swordsman
    Skeletal Archer
    Orc Swordsman
    Elf Archer
    Evil Human Fighter
    Bathalian
    Female Ranger
    Goblins
    Giant Spider
    Unicorn
    Young Dragon
    Vampire (female)
    Gargoyle
    Is there anywhere these models are pictured then? They aren't on their Bones page, they aren't in their shop page, and they aren't anywhere on the kickstarter page that I could see.
    With the potential of some of them, like the skeletons and orcs at very least, being added in some of the later stretch goals... in which case are you getting 4, 6 or 8 of some of them, as some are listed as +2 in the stretch goal but the first part says you get 4 of each of them...

Since they have everything together to make quick cut-and-paste images they really should take the extra couple minutes to explicitly state and break down the undertaker level on the Kickstarter page. As it is, it seems like it might work out better to just get 3x the Vampire level rather then the Undertaker level. You would get 1 less of the first 30, it seems many of the original releases and upcoming releases are mixed into the later stretch goals and you would get 3 of each of them instead of 2 or 4 (depending on the model) and another 17 models that are only going to vampire levels coming with the next 2 goals. And 17 models x3 is going to make up for a lot of the original bones models that the Vampire isn't getting.