New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

The Sausage Guild

Deep beneath the streets of the city in a dimly lit cavern lay a massive quivering beast. It lay ungainly against the floor little more than a living wall of meat from which the Carvers of the Sausage Guild produced a steady stream of meat to feed the city of blood. Blood ran in thick torrents to drains on the floor which carried it vast reservoirs. But the members of the Sausage Guild were inured to the unsure footing and deftly maneuvered their cartloads along without stopping. To the side a trio of Shapers chanted in an unknown tongue and directed magic along the flanks of the great beast, regrowing the meat along a side the Carvers had depleted to the depth of the Guild guidelines.

And on the other side a single figure worked alone. Half again as tall as any of the figures in the cavern he made even the massive carvers look like children compared to his bulk. And he was enjoying himself. It wasn't often that Urso got the chance to actually do a bit of carving, caught up in guild paperwork as he often was. Cheerful and singing a song that no one dared tell him was not very good.

"Oh carving it up I am. Carving it up all day. Carving it all day long."

"Bloodhand"

"Something Something Meat! Meat! Meat!"

"Mr. Bloodhand"

"Oh, sometimes we carve up cows, and sometimes we carve up sheep."

"Mr. Bloodhand Sir!"

"But nothing is like a Behemoth, to Carve up for the MEAT!"

"URSO!"

Turning the giant figure glared at the figure who had dared interrupt him. The entire guild knew he wasn't to be disturbed during his down time. His glare molded into a sigh as he recognized who it was. Gern Smokebeard, a dwarf and Bloodhand's second in command. If he was interrupting it was probably important. "Alright, alright I heard you. Now what's so important."

"We just got word that the Sorceress is dead."

Urso frown, "So, we have nothing to do with her. The city doesn't stop eating just because one person's dead." He turns back towards the flank of the great beast.

"Sir but other people do. We've got letters from several of them."

Urso sighs and wipes his hands on his leather smock only serving to rub bloody smears in the already gory surface. "Alright let me have them." Plucking the letters out the dwarf's hands he stomps away to his office. He gingerly holds them to avoid as many blood stains as possible and heads to office. "More paperwork, bah." he grumbles as he heads away.

The Sausage Guild to the Wardens (DEF-E 5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The Spicer's Circle is where the majority of meat is sold and where we get our spices for the sausages. We are just as interested in securing the area as you. More perhaps as all you want is security, while we need to ensure the continued floor of goods through the area. However I do have a proposal if you are interested?

-Bloodhand

To the UAL (DEF-E 2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We can supply bulk shipments. What quantities and payments did you wish to purchase?

-Bloodhand

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

The Wardens to Sausage Guild:
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, let's hear your proposal.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild

To the Wardens (Def-E 5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You want to secure your barracks by clamping down on the Spicer's Guild. We want to expand our vaults. Problem is there's a bunch of gangs running around the Spicer's Circle some of them with fancy magic and gadgets, and for us the vaults of the Gilded are already filled with gold. So we help each other out.

We've got some good mages who aren't above getting their hands dirty unlike a lot of wizards in this city. We'll help you deal with the Painted Elves running around and with the other gangs in the Spicer's Circle. Then you help us clear out the vaults of the Gilded, we don't even mind if you keep the gold.

OOC: I help you claim the Spicer's Circle District. You help me claim the Gilded District. Two fairly high mil factions shouldn't have much trouble if we act before the NPCs get their act together.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2012-07-17 at 04:24 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

The Wardens to Sausage Guild:
    Spoiler
    Show

Though we have enough strength to take Spicer's Circle by ourselves, an ally in the vicinity would be useful. This agreement sounds fine with me.

Our troops are right now moving to take control over Guild's Hand, White Market and Gateway Milanus. We should be able to take control of the other three neighbourhoods soon after these are pacified. I suggest that you take control of Dovel quickly, to improve your strategic position - I am certain the Exchange will also wish to expand, and if they block your way, taking Gilded might become a long and difficult battle.

I do not know of the situation in Dovel and what assistance you might need. As for our own concerns, we may need Espionage in the White Market to ascertain the demise of Wayt Embler.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Millita of Order anf Justice
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, you want a automated printing press? We can do that, just give us some time.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

To GM only
    Spoiler
    Show
    I intend to try to annex the noble society I sent a message to last time.

Also; I know we have basic D&D magic. Could you PM me how powerful my magic is?
    On a side note; could I fashion a low-leveled spell called "100 fliers"?

I intend to make publicity magical.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Militia of Order and Justice
    Moral 6

Technist's Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, when can we expect? The Militia has limited coin, but we can pay in many other ways including protection and giving you the people's respect.

EBSA- Kara Lythene
    Spoiler
    Show
    If I were to commit my men to your new government, I would first like to know of any possible enemies.

Even if there is no major threat to this government, we have sure that that other members are on the side of law and order. The Militia cannot share a name with the likes of swindling merchants or thieves, who else would you have join?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bookbinder's Guild to EBSA (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course. The Guild is always looking for new clients, and renewing the relationship we once had with the Bureaucracy would be beneficial to us both. What did you have in mind?

Lodstrom High Society Club to EBSA (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course! We are always willing to welcome our friends from House Lythene to our little get-togethers. We are meeting for drinks in the back rooms of the Emerald Swan this Saturday, at eighth bell. We will tell the doorman to let Ms. Lythene in. I'm sure she will be full of entertaining Oldtown stories.

Orn Totre: EBSA [Private]
    Spoiler
    Show

Your messenger is jumped by half a dozen masked figures an hour into his journey, blindfolded and thrown into the back of a wagon, which spends another hour driving in seemingly random directions. When the blindfold is taken off he is in a dark room, tied to a chair facing a mirror with a little grille in the middle of it, behind which dim shapes are moving. The dirt floor is covered in little splatters of dried blood.

The voice that comes from the grille can only be described as oily. "Good evening," it says. "What can we do for the Executive Bureaucracy today, hmm?"

Wrecken Family to EBSA (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We will meet with your representative, but not if you are also dealing with the Hearthfeathers.

Hearthfeather Family to EBSA (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

You petty bureaucrats, always thinking you'll be the ones to mediate our little wars. Let me tell you what will end this war, young man: ten dead Wreckens for every one of my sons they have killed. In case you're not too good at math, that would be all of the Wreckens.

Count Eric Bassa to Lord Henry Wallen (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Henry,

Good to hear from you again, old boy! So long as you don't mind sharing the guest stage with a delightful young lady from House Lythene, we're going to be meeting in the back of the Emerald Swan at eighth bell on Saturday. I doubt I'd even have to tell the doorman to let you in. If you'd prefer a more private meeting with the club, well, that can be arranged too.

I should warn you that some members of our little group do tend to see a bit too much of your father in you for their comfort. Step carefully, old boy.

Delightfully Yours,

Eric

The Exchange [Private]
    Spoiler
    Show

Felix Urd
    The merchants are interested, as this is much the same deal as they have with the Ansigaris, but the guards themselves make it clear in no uncertain terms that they will take steps if they think their power is being taken away.

Jess Furs
    The Ambassadorial Guard are proud, still standing watch in front of abandoned embassies. From all appearances, they control the Row in its entirety. Of the knight, you find only rumors. You will need a more concentrated search to discover anything more (OOC: Will require EoT action of some kind).

Yellow Court to Librarian of the Elements (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Did mine ears hear that right? Mayhaps you have mistaken us for another Court, one comprised of cravens. We reject your laughable offer wholesale, and cordially invite you to come die on the Black Streets. You will not find the Yellow Court as easy to cow as your pitiable Daimot charlatans, of that I assure you.

Crimson Court to Librarian of the Elements (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

**** off.

Blacksbrace Gang to Librarian of the Elements (ESP-D 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes. Gods in a ****ing ditch, anything to get that mother****ing wizard outta here.

Thelonius [Private]
    Spoiler
    Show

Add in another [+] WEL. You could easily get the building up for half of that, but equipping it is just as expensive.

Illarym Trade Ministry to Wardens (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

I see. That is, in fact, one thing that we do not require in the South, and as such I do not believe it should be overly difficult to supply you. We have some null-bombs that should do the trick--I will request the Ministry of Mystic Unity to provide me with a description of the equipment that I will attach to this letter.

We will, of course, expect you to offset some of the costs associated with getting these supplies to you. Say, [++++ WEL].

-Minister Moth

Attached: Letter from Minister of Mystic Unity Debbleis Borthe
    Spoiler
    Show

As you are no doubt aware, the perpetual issue with antimagic enchantments is that they eventually turn inward and evaporate, since they are themselves of magical origin. Most of the research and experimentation in this line as been with extending the length of the antimagic field using various ways of "tricking" the spell into treating itself as something other than what it is.

Null-bombs do not do this. They instead take advantage of the fact that they are going to turn on themselves and use that warping of energies to put out more power than any other magic-cancelling spell that we know of. This unfortunately destroys the bomb, among other things, but as the result is an effective magic-disruption device that can be deployed by a properly-trained infantryman, the negative side effects were deemed acceptable.

Bear in mind that the disruption only lasts for a split second. Some enchantments will be destroyed entirely in that time, and most mages will be sent reeling, but individuals of particularly strong willpower may weather the storm and remain dangerous. Also, please for the love of any god you hold dear, remember that the bomb will do the same to your own magical equipment.

OOC: Gain one-shot Tech: Null-Magic Bombs. Can be deployed to negate up to [+++++] Magic, though it will prevent you from using your own Magic in that same action.

Gatekeeper's Guard to Wardens (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Assistance in pushing out the Milanus Protective Association would be welcome, though we would rather keep our independence from your organization afterwards. I'm sure we can come to some sort of mutually-beneficial agreement on that subject.

Guild Watch Association to Wardens (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Like hell you're taking over Guild's Hand. This here is our turf. All you Imperial dogs can just go barking on home.

The Street Men to the Ram Revolution (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We ain't too interested in all your politickal speachifyin'. While yer offer is a kindly one, I reckon it's a bit too much to pay--we ain't interested in fightin', just in keepin' the streets clear, ya know? We'll deal with the damn Knifehands ourselves, never you fear.

Factories South: UAL (ESP-D 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Rocco was one. They were three, which gave them a bit of confidence.

"Well, lads, look what we got here?" said the one with the ugly hat. "Eu-Ay-El boy, come down to where th' real men work for a chat, is dat right?"

Their smiles could not be considered anything near friendly.

To HerbieRAI (Private)
    Spoiler
    Show

Magic Items: Absolutely.

Orn Totre: The people are eager to get out from under the control of the secret police, but the Mouth of Neposh quickly finds himself pursued by masked men bearing a recognizable heart-and-spear badge.

Any further meaningful action should wait for EoT.

Gear's Chosen to Technists Guild (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Though the Holy Writ of Mechanical Purity has deemed some of your designs heretical, we thank you for your kind words, and look forward to one day having the opportunity to purge your laboratories of clockwork falsehoods.

The Foundary to Technists Guild (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

No one is adverse to recieving funding, though some of the enchanters express worry about your entirely-mechanical contraptions, arguing that enhancing them with magic would make them work more efficiently and that you are fools for not having done so.

Swordsware to House Laurier (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Aye, we'll work with you lot--ye seem like fine folks. From across the mountains, if ye don't mind me asking? We get good steel from over that way. Damn sight better than the trash they send us from the Protectorate, anyhow. Say nothing else about Merdallanese, even if ye say not a damn thing more, say they know their steel.

If ye want to have yer boys patrol our streets, yer welcome to it, though they'd best not cause trouble or they'll get their arms set on my forge, ye hear? And if ye happen to get yer hands on any of that Kingdom steel, send it my way. That'd be much appreciated.

OOC: You can gain control simply enough by being friendly and ensuring that your soldiers don't bother the locals. You can also earn their thanks and favor by getting them better steel, which would give you a greater degree of control over the neighborhood (stats and whatnot).

TsukikoJ [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

The feuding merchants as a whole have a collective ESP-D value that is the average of their individual ones. If you have a plan that involves the entire neighborhood, I'll use one value, if you have a plan that involves just one subfaction I'll use another.

Economic warfare works much the same as it does in 2126, if only because I can't off the top of my head think of a better system. As for whether ESP or ECO would be better in the Pond, I'd say either, depending on whether or not you wanted people to know about it.

To Ragnar [Private]
    Spoiler
    Show

You've got a Magic score of 2, which isn't particularly high--I used 4 as the "Medium" level in this game, which would be about where you'd get mages who actually knew what they were doing. You can create very low-key permanent effects and some nifty trickery, but blasting the enemy to ashes is probably beyond you. A spell that scatters fliers over an area, though, or that created cunningly animated fliers, or little things like that; that is well within your grasp.

As for the annexation, make your case to the Society Club, then put it in your EoT, and then I'll roll some dice.
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2012-07-17 at 09:53 PM.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild
    Def-E 8

To the Exchange (Def-E 4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your notice said that you were seeking to invest. Well we have been looking at opportunities for expansion to better feed the growing city. We don't need money though we need space, and your deepest vaults would be perfect for our needs. Perhaps we could work out some sort of arrangement.

- Bloodhand

10. - Top - End - #70

Heladuit Court

Esp-D: 4

Markus Heladuit lounged in a golden seat with plush red curtains. The seat was in a rather large room, a gathering hall of sorts, with a number of seats spread throughout, a full bookshelf along one wall. Hanging from the ceiling were multiple chandeliers, each of exotic materials and shapes. A few of the seats were occupied by various family members, reading books or admiring new vestments. Out of one window, Markus's uncle watched the streets below, and a guard of the Court watched Markus's uncle. Markus continued to smoke his Orphan's Tears, his favorite, from his novelty pipe; it was made from the preserved corpse of a rare type of lizard. He looked across the room at his sister, Meredia, reading a play she had found on the shelves. He was about to make his way over to her, when he saw the a half-orc with a blank expression walk through the door and start heading towards him. Javier never did look normal.

"Message, Markus. Silversmith Guild."

"Ah... mhm... have this message sent back."

To Silversmith's Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

We might be able to agree to such things. Of note, it is far easier for us to recommend a piece of jewelry to go with one of our shirts, then it would be for you to recommend one of our suits just to match a piece of jewelry you sell.

Maybe, to make this deal a little more even, we could also work with you to embroider such gems into our designs?
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71

Cornelius StigBalathad, To Home Guard, [by personal visit]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir,

It has come to my attention what a vital establishment the Home Guard is for the Risen Court neighborhood. As such, I would like to provide funding for the equipping of the guards who valiantly police the streets.

In exchange, I would like to propose a deal. I have realized that there is no watch established in the Old Face neighborhood. I have discussed this with several other major noble households, namely the Founder family and the Pontiss family. We all have agreed to provide funding for you so long as your organisation provides protection for the nobility in the sky neighborhood as well, and report to the aforementioned noble families within.

Bennet Founder, to the Heladuit Court [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir,

I have found myself unexpectedly in need of a suit, as my last several seem to have been accidentally destroyed by some kind of acid. The full circumstances are quite complicated, and I'll not bore you with the details for now. I hope this does not inconvenience you, as I seem to be running through them quite quickly recently. I will send a servant with payment to pick it up and pay for your troubles- make sure he gives you the proper amount- I trust my servants, but you never know.

Many thanks,
    Bennet Founder
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-07-18 at 04:03 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    We loom forword to seeing how you progress technology. If you wish, we can send you a copy of the Liber Technologica?

To the Foundry
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it's been our policy to try and push mechanics further with using enchantment. Sort of see how far we can go on pure technological power alone. We'll provide funding, do you have any projects currently planed? We'll support any technological or magitech advance that would benifit all people.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantiles guild
    morale:3

silversmiths guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    very good. i will begin talking to my foreign contacts to see who might be interested in them

to the ESBA
    Spoiler
    Show
    of course, we can provide you with any financial support you need to set this up. i am working on unifiying the stacks right now. it could help tremendously if we can make friends with the other powers

to GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    so could i just march my militia onto the traitors bridge and begin setting up tollhouses and the like?

about how much wealth would it take to buy up both of the families who operate the stage coach businesses in the turnaround?

about what kind of tech level are we looking at here? like say if i eventually wanted to construct a massive airship armed to the teeth with blackpowder weaponry, could that be done?

to the gears
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: this is the place with the the gears chosen right?

greetings. would you be willing to merge into the mercantiles guild? i understand that you arent very well funded and i believe if you merged with the guild your inventions could be spread to the entire world and you would of course have access to the funding you need?
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-07-17 at 10:34 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

United Alliance of Labor
    Morale: IT DOESN'T MATTER JUST LOOK

Factories South
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. Dennis said you were bad guys. I'm so supposed to get rid of the bad guys. Please leave the city, thank you.
    Rocco removes his drivers cap and wads it in his hand, his bald head shining in the street lamp's light.

The Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Now yous know that's not what I's meant. I's was looking for a... Special agreement. If yous catching my drift.
    -CEO Dennis Kasparzak
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA Morale 5

Bookbinders
    Spoiler
    Show
    Simply this. We consider the Book-Binders to be a vital part of the city, the functioning organ upon which information flows. We wanted to offer you a position in the EBSA, becoming effectively a department of our group. You will remain in control of the Mewlings, and have access to the funding and support of the EBSA, including Greycloak Bodyguards for your Guild Leaders. Sound reasonable?

Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent. We are currently in negotiations with the Ram Revolution, Militia, and other various groups around the city. Could you give a little this turn? We might need to train some extra security for the conference.

Orn Totre- Private
    Spoiler
    Show
    The runner looks up frightened before taking a deep breath "The EBSA wants to offer you a deal. We both know that the sorceress is dead, and a purging of her former supporters is... very possible" his voice clears as he tries to pick out the owner of the oily voice "The EBSA is the legal might of this city. We can give you new names, identities. In return you join our ranks, to help further our goals. Everyone wins."

Wreken Family
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have decided to back your claim for the district, if in return you will allow the EBSA to re-establish our control over the area. You get a victory and a district, our influence grows. Sound fair?

Heartfeather Family
    Spoiler
    Show
    I appreciate your honesty. We shall not press you any longer.

Militia of Order and Justice- Kara Lythene
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well at the moment the government has no one, though we are strongly considering backing the Ram Revolution's claim. They seem civilized enough and are willing to compromise for a better government. Besides from that I don't know of any forces against order that we are siding with.

Unfortunately I suspect the Black Brotherhood will become a problem quickly, as they appear to be an anarchist cell. Besides them, mostly we will have to combat street gangs and contain various riots.

Kara Lythene- Constantine
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Done, we will make sure that those points are utmost on our groups minds. " she leans closer "We are in an unfortunate situation where the nobles are a major power in our society, so we can't cut them out. So we were considering proposing two chambers of government. One would be elected directly by the people, and these would be the people who make the laws. The other chamber would be nobles, assigned by the various houses. To make their power... less, I am suggesting that their power be mostly overview, giving commentary and such- though I'm not sure what actual role we would give them. Does this sound fair to you?"

Kara Lythene- Lodstrom Society
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kara arrives, and has dressed up for the occasion. Her usual men's clothes have been replaced with a dark blue gown, accentuated with silver jewelry. After chatting for half and hour, she asks for a word with the society's most senior members.

"Honored Lodstrom Society, I am honored to be received this evening. What would you say if the EBSA is willing to help you in the ongoing strife between you and the other families that insist on hindering your influence"

Kara Lythene- UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That is indeed what I'm saying. " she smiles and extends a hand to the man "We may call on you for votes, or help in other areas- feel free to do the same, and if we can we will try to help. "

Kara Lythene- The Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The idea is that he will give us intel on any tactical emergencies that come up, and give us a direct link to you in case of an emergency. We will both be able to react faster with mutual trust"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantiles guild

to EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    expect maybe 3 wealth this turn and more next turn. or if its preferrable i can send my own 2 MIL. that way i can use that wealth to help us long-term

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Bloodhaven

Letter to EBSA [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''While my time is in extremely short supply, due to lack of qualified aid or even simple administration, I will accept the consultant position, as I see an opportunity to do much good for the city. I would greatly appreciate, if you could provide services of an experienced clerk, at least to show the ropes to my few assistants, keeping the hospital records. I’m afraid, they were selected on their ability to read and count, though their vigour and dedication to their work does them credit. In return I will provide you access to the records and statistics, not pertaining to the names and conditions of individual patients, whose privacy I will respect.''

''As a consultant, my first step would be to draft a set of proposals to implement cheap, but effective measures to reduce the risk of disease. I believe your organization would have extensive records about the city. If I could access to them, I’d be able to determine the history of diseases and their most likely origins, so such problems can be addressed. I will deliver my proposal, as soon as it’s finished.''

Yours Sincerely,
    Dr. Morden Vassari

A letter to Lord Wallen [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I thank you for your kind donation and the new hospital wing will be named in honour of our benefactor. While the demands on hospital care are always high, I will not ask more of you now, but hopefully, if in darker times, you will be there to support us.''

Sincerely Yours,
    Dr. Morden Vassari
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-07-18 at 03:54 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

18. - Top - End - #78

NinjaGuy

To Lodstrom society
    Final response to Lord Bassa
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course I'll be there! It's better if I'm not the only new face around there. It will give them something else to talk about.

The meeting (Def-Esp 6)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Henry smiled and saluted the doorman as he came in. He was an old Bassa servant, who had chased him and Lord Vassa around the garden, over troubles about some stolen apples. Good times.

He got there just after mss Lysene did. He made small talk, and even talked to her for a few minutes. Amazing woman.

In the meantime, he arranged for a meeting with the leaders of the group after her proposal, since he had decided to let Ms Lysene make her argument first.

They asked him if he knew anything, and he admitted to have talked to her before, but didn't let many details escape.
    "It's big, it's important" He said.

And (If previous dialogue had shown him that this particular nobles shared his mindset), he added "And it may be just the thing we need to get out of this fix".

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: In the smalltalk (Which will of course include politics); the position he will present to the Lodstrom society is that the older houses are strangling the city with their petty fights.
    Henry is worried aboutt he loss of the commoners, and thinks that getting them back is the only way to save the town.

To do that, an united noble front is required; and one strong enough to stand up to the older houses.
    If asked to go deeper on the subject; he will be honest and tell them to wait until miss Lysene ends her speech. His ideas will make more sense after that.

On his father issue; he will be straight. Thiugh he loved him, he was a drunk and a fool, who played politics as it was played 500 years ago.
    His ways damaged House Wallen to a great extent.

(On a lesser note, I should've written this before if I haven't; Henry drinks only water with very little wine).

He is well dressed, but not magnificent. He tries to mix with the group, not using his position as a way to get above others as his father always did.
    If he wins a discussion, he wins it on wits alone.

Of course, he TRIES to win the discussions, if only to show his skill. He tries to avoid being disrespectful, and avoids insults like a plague.

19. - Top - End - #79

The Exchange

OOC sorry, been busy.

The Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

We are interested but obviously such an agreement will be built on a relationship of trust and down payments. What resources of ours would you be interested in renting and what price would you be willing to pay?

GM
    Spoiler
    Show

Felix Urd
    Felix is to assure the guards that they will not lose power, infact they will gain secure and stability. When a guard is injured who cares for them? Who looks after their pension? Who ensures every guard gets equal treatment? The exchange can do that. Every guard without exception will be hired on
    by the exchange, partially funded by the new taxation system Felix is introducing. The guards positions will be contracted in and they will be able to access cheap loans for housing as well as many other benefits of working with the exchange.

Jess Furs will act in EOT

mercantiles guild
    Spoiler
    Show

The exchange monitors the financial situation of the city and ensures its investments are profitable. We may be able to broker deals with information gathers but we would act sololy as a middle man for such an arrangement.

We would be more than willing to work with you on a joint project. Currently the Exchange is looking into many investment opportunities.

The Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show

Please forgive our defensive nature. We assumed when you mentioned evading taxation that your tunnels were of an illegal nature. The exchange desires to always act with in the law and is sensitive to matters of financial mismanagement.

We hope you took no offense.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist Brotherhood [6]

To the Common People of The Gear
    Spoiler
    Show

Brothers!
    We see you suffering under the yoke of insane cults and reckless artificers. Speak the word, and we will help free you.

-The Little Finger

To the Host's Watch
    Spoiler
    Show
    We cast our eyes over the city, and when we look at the Traveler's quarter, we see what we like. Common people, uniting behind a goal to protect their own interests, with force, if need be. Speak the word, brothers, and we will help you defend your own.
    -The Little Finger

The Gangs of Tremorous, the Pits, the Mains
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brothers!
    It is your right to fight each other, but should you direct your wrath upwards, at your so-called betters, instead of at those as poor as you? Why is it that some in this city are rich, and some are poor? You form gangs with your brothers to protect yourselves. Why do you need protection? Because there is never enough for all of you.
    Could you not, instead, leave each other be and fight your common enemy? Raise the torch, brothers!
    -The Little Finger

The Blackjack Boys
    Spoiler
    Show

It is the right of every man to defend himself against those who would harm him. And if those who would harm him have magic, then a man learns to take down mages.
    Now one mage, the one ruling this city, was taken down, and the question becomes: should we wait until another is put in charge, or should we strike now, while the time is ripe, and set this city on a course to freedom from such tyranny?
    -The Little Finger

The people of Little Veras
    Spoiler
    Show
    [This one is called out loud on street corners and handed out in pamphlets]

People of Little Veras!
    This is a neighbourhood where every man can be said to be his own King! Would you bend your knees to the rich, the bureaucrats and the unions again, who will tell you what to do and what not? Who will smother you in laws and regulations? Or would you be free from now to all eternity, ruling your own matters? The decision should be simple!
    Raise your fists, brothers, raise the torches!

The Street Men
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fight against the Knife Hands, and that is true and proper. But what will you fight when they are cast down? You could win your freedom with this struggle, and rule your own affairs, or you could come through, victorious, with our help, only to find that you are to bend the knee to some new overlord of this city, no better than the sorceress.
    Raise your fists, brothers!
    -The Little Finger

The Locals of Deadman's Hill
    Spoiler
    Show
    You do not like having that travesty of a prison looming over you? Whose fault is it that it does? Not the inmates, for most of them are people like you. Those who angered their so-called "betters". Who could not pay the taxes that they broke their backs to pay.
    No. It is the warden's fault. Whose side would you be on, when the wardens were to fall? Raise a torch with us, brothers!

-The Little Finger
    Resident Vancian Apologist

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren Morale: 4

To UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    I simply do not think our interests lie in the same direction. If you have other suggestions, I will hear them.

22. - Top - End - #82

The Church of Neposh

To EBSA PM
    Spoiler
    Show

A democracy does seem like a great option for government, although there are many ways to implement such a thing. Would every person have an equal say in the government, Would there be certian things the government cannot control, how would the military be managed. Surely you have thought of these issues.

To The Exchange (DESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

No offense taken. It would mearly be a way of avoiding the many different factions that are going to be popping up through the city.

We also may be interested in taking out a loan. We are looking to remove the last reminance of the old regime. What would be required of us to get a WEL 1 loan?

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution
    Rot's Borough

TO: Technist Guild (D ESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

I have an item that I would like you to build, if you are able. We have need of a way to distribute pamphlets to the masses. Currently, every sheet must either be handwritten, or carved onto a horrendously expensive stereotype in order to be printed. The time these processes take, as well as the rather slow printing process, means that even the smallest leaflets are more expensive than anyone in my borough can afford. If we had a way to print fast and move the letters around, so that we could put whatever we want on it, the prices could come down, and we could spread our message to all of the huddled masses of the city.
    OOC: I think a printing press would be an excellent invention. Not sure how you have it worked out with Zemalac to create things though. I would be willing to trade for presses however, if you make them.

TO: Church of Neposh (D ESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Your Holiness,
    We of the Ram Revolution, as you may know, are seeking to protect the rights of all from the wants of few. Certainly, when looking at the history of the oppression the elves forced upon us, this is a needed movement. It is clear to us that we are the proper government of this city, just as it is clear to you and your followers that you are the one true church. HOWEVER: While we both know these things, I am afraid that all of our great city does not. I would like to propose an agreement, where we each endorse the other as the true church or religion, thereby bringing believers to both the Church, and the Revolution. As two of the true powers in the city, this would also mean a certain amount of cooperation, though since you are located in Old Town, I doubt that there would be much we would disagree over currently. When we finalize our new government, we would of course officially make the Church the state religion of Sav Altulas, but until we control the city, we will not make any permanent rulings that would cause others to feel unable to act in our government.
    We await your reply
    -The Ram

Constantine - Kara Lythene (Private)
    Spoiler
    Show

"That sounds reasonable. The nobles could act as an advisory board to the lawmakers. They have the experience dealing with other nations and creating laws, so between them knowing what is impossible and the commoners telling them what is reasonable, we may yet turn this city into a place that is worth living in.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-07-18 at 10:15 AM.

Go Tigers!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Rams
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Milltia of Order and justice wanted the same thing. We'll see what we can do.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild
    Def-E 8

To the UAL (Def-E 2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    And what sort of special arrangement do you hope to come to given that we are on opposite ends of the city.

-Bloodhand

To the Exchange (Def-E 4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have no interest in renting anything. We were under the impression that you were looking for investment opportunities. An investment requires the investor to put in some of their own assets. In this case the assets are your deep vaults which are currently doing nothing productive. If you provide us access to those, we will provide the labor and skill to actually make them productive, and then we can split the profit.

- Bloodhand

26. - Top - End - #86

To Ram Revolution (DESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We will move to support the revolution if the revolution will support the faithful. We are currently trying to rid the city of the last reminants of the witches power, do you have any aid you could send for our holy crusade?

OOC: Yay for high moral factions.

27. - Top - End - #87

The United Alliance of Labor

Letter to The Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm suggestin that we's help eachother set up shop across town. We's get chu ova here, yous get us over there. Then wes get free food and yous get free service. Neh? Are you picking up what I'm putting down?
    -CEO Dennis Kasparzak

Letter to The Order of the Wren
    Spoiler
    Show

Well then you misunderstand sir. We's looking out for Runner's city, and yous are looking out for Runner's City. We's the same.
    -CEO Dennis Kasparzak

EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show

Yous got it mamacita. The UAL is gon' help you out.
    The boss smirks again and takes out a cigar,
    Nows that business is taken care of,
    He holds the cigar to the woman,
    Can I's get ta know you?
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

TO: Church of Neposh (D ESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

At this time, we are working to secure our borders, and much of our militia forces are going to this purpose. However, we would never let it be said that we did not try to help our allies. (-) military will be reserved for your use. Should you have need of it, simply send us a message saying where it is to be deployed. In the coming weeks we will be holding a recruitment drive for our forces however, and may be able to send more if needed.

I am afraid however, that we must ask for aid as well. You may have heard of our request to the Technist Guild for a quick printing machine. This will almost certainly cost money however - money we don't have. If you would be willing to help finance some of the cost of obtaining these devices, we will use them to print church notices, books, and leaflets, as well as our own, greatly improving the amount of people exposed to our messages.
    -C. Richter

Go Tigers!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren Morale: 4

To the UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps. But we are based in the Runner's City. You are based in the Docks. What manner of co-operation are you proposing?

30. - Top - End - #90

House Laurier

Roper's Watch [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hear rumor that within your neighborhood there is a way of contacting the Kingdom of Merdallan. Is there any weight to that rumor?

Also, how goes your fight with the Decker's Dogs? Despicable folk, they are. We might be able to help you take them out at some point.

Swordsware [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, yes. Your guess is correct. The Lauriers are from across the mountains. We have several notable branches in both Merdallan and the city-states, though we seem to have lost contact with them recently. One of our current priorities is reestablishing contact with that area of the world. I have strong suspicions about how I might be able to do so. Once we have established contact, we will do what we can to get you some of that kingdom steel.

Thank you, my friends, for being reasonable and agreeable. I will make sure the household guard does not interfere with your interests. They tend to be pleasant folk, our guards. I'm sure you will get along splendidly.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +