New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground
    Default Re: Schlock Mercenary III: One million years of crowdsourced kitten videos

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtraveler View Post
    This reminds me of a scene in the game The White Chamber. There's a computer you have to put a code in at one part in the game. If you enter it before you're given the code however, a zombified face shows up on screen and the words "Not Yet" appear.
    I've been wondering about that. (And it says something about me that I've wondered instead of playing that freeware game myself.) Does the face just appear out of nowhere screamer image - style, or does it enter?

2. - Top - End - #362
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Schlock Mercenary III: One million years of crowdsourced kitten videos

They're bringing in the Morokweng? Ooh, boy, things just got really bad for the Toughs.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    They're bringing in the Morokweng? Ooh, boy, things just got really bad for the Toughs.
    I dunno, we still haven't heard if the Osrii has been shutdown or not. Could just be adding more targets to the environment... >.>
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    I dunno, we still haven't heard if the Osrii has been shutdown or not. Could just be adding more targets to the environment... >.>
    Oisri: "All your plates are belong to me!"
    Emm: "Do Not Want!!"
    His Malevolence: "Oopsie!"

j/k
    Last edited by ChowGuy; 2012-12-01 at 06:47 PM.
    ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Bugbear in the Playground

If the Toughs are lucky, the Morokweng will be a distraction that they might be able to use to their advantage.

There are currently no less than five players at Osiri right now. 1) The Toughs with their scattered forces and Very Dangerous Array, 2) Fleet Intelligence's battleplate and their REDhack runt soldiers, 3) whoever has been ineffectively throwing assault squadrons against Tagii's defenses, we haven't even seen them yet and they're apparently not working for anyone else, 4) Fleet Intelligence Internal Affairs and their two operatives (one of whom is Ventura, and the other is possibly Danita), and 5) Osiri itself, which may or may not contain a Lovecraftian entity that may or may not be sealed evil in a can.

If the Toughs are lucky, they'll be able to sneak out the back door while everyone else is brawling.
    Last edited by Thomar_of_Uointer; 2012-12-01 at 06:49 PM.
    I make games.

"...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

#6 Petey. I suspect that Danita may be working for him. Probably just to get intel. He certainly has the Super Soldier nanotech.

7. - Top - End - #367

Yay for theory-blowing yet insightful exposition strip!!

8. - Top - End - #368

"That story makes me want to kill her less."

"That story makes me want to die more."

Ahhh, the joys of humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

Good to see Schlock being both decisive and alien.
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

He's taking a risk though. He was already (partly) torn to pieces by the last transformed clone he tried to eat and this one is taking its time. It will have a full weapons set unlike the rest of the clones.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

This one is already in position. If she turns (I hope she won't) Schlock can "chow down" in an instant before she can really do anything.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Benny was capable of a good deal of subterfuge. It's possible she has turned, she's just smart enough to know that trying to attack Tagon won't end well.

That said, has it been established why they can't just 'port out of there? They should be controlling any TAD systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    That said, has it been established why they can't just 'port out of there? They should be controlling any TAD systems.
    Osiri's whatever it is heavily interferes with tereports, or at least it does however far down the hole schlock had made when tagii tried to save him.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

14. - Top - End - #374

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Osiri's whatever it is heavily interferes with tereports
    As seen in this strip:

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-04-11

15. - Top - End - #375

Is... Bunnigus a double-agent?!

16. - Top - End - #376

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Is... Bunnigus a double-agent?!
    I'm not seeing the logical leap from what we saw in today's strip to there, to be honest...

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I'm not seeing the logical leap from what we saw in today's strip to there, to be honest...
    Agreed. I was actually wondering if I missed something. In fact, I'm still wondering if I missed something.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #378

Okay. Why is she staying behind, then? Why is she making that strange face?

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The only thing I can think of is she is worried about her patient. Remember that she did not like the idea of being sent back without Danita.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

I suppose it shows the arc's success at creating a mood of paranoia that the first reaction to Dr. Bunnigus doing something slightly unexpected is a theory that she's a double agent, traitress, or the like.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Okay. Why is she staying behind, then? Why is she making that strange face?
    Latest strip answers those nicely.
    Avatar: ruthless Parson (Erfworld).

22. - Top - End - #382

Hindsight is 20/20

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

It begins.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

Poor Ennesby.

Poor Toughs.

Poor everyone.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

25. - Top - End - #385

Oh. Oh dear. I get the strongest impression that what is about to happen is not suitable for minors. Or sane people in general.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

26. - Top - End - #386

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Oh. Oh dear. I get the strongest impression that what is about to happen is not suitable for minors. Or sane people in general.
    What will happen probably won't be. But the depictions might be, if only because Howard Taylor still has minor children who might wander in on his work.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

27. - Top - End - #387

BlackDragon

I have a suspicion the Morokweng will arrive on the scene just as Oisri opens up, and they'll then find out how mistaken they were in their assumption that it was just a massive annie-plant!

28. - Top - End - #388
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Dammit, why did I have to check the comic before going to sleep?

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

My guess is Ennesby and Tagii will get conjoined to form Engi, a brilliant strategic who's craaazy about old pop songs. She will sing her favorite songs on the ship speakers at max level non stop and commandeer the company to spread her albums throughout the galaxy and beyond.

30. - Top - End - #390

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    My guess is Ennesby and Tagii will get conjoined to form Engi, a brilliant strategic who's craaazy about old pop songs. She will sing her favorite songs on the ship speakers at max level non stop and commandeer the company to spread her albums throughout the galaxy and beyond.
    This would not be the weirdest thing the toughs have done. Not by a long shot.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.