New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GO! Leave this forums and do not return until you have watched the entire first season of Jericho on DVD, with and without commentary, as well as the special features; then update the TvTropes page with any tropes they have missed !
    Yeah, uh.. I don't do TVTropes..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

...you've...never...good god! That's horrible! On my list of unoffensive offensives, that's at the top right next to "I've never seen Jericho"!
    I too have not seen Jericho! Tell us what it is, Maxie!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Things Serpentine is no longer allowed to do:

1. Have two threads starting with "Serpentine's". It's hella confusing.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Yeah, uh.. I don't do TVTropes..
    It's gone downhill lately anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I too have not seen Jericho! Tell us what it is, Maxie!
    It's about a small town called Jericho trying to survive and keep stable when they see a nuclear explosion in Denver, and soon discover that 23 major cities in the US of A have also been nuked. To make it worse, one of the town's newest members may or may not have been involved in the attacks. They struggle to survive and deal with things like evil mercenaries, raiders, lack of food, oh and the second American civil war. You can watch it instantly on Netflix. It starts off a bit slow, but gets really awesome a few episodes in. It is the perfect show: great writing, interesting characters, fascinating mysteries, great acting...
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-08-20 at 11:15 AM.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Closer to the cinnamon peelers than I, you are probably far less likely to have cassia labelled as cinnamon anyways. One would work as well as the other in that recipe.

You could probably produce a delicious drink with rooibos instead of coffee if that plant is available to you.
    Rooibos? I've never heard of it...
    What is the taste like? Because if it tastes like either tea or coffee, I am unlikely to enjoy it.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Rooibos? I've never heard of it...
    What is the taste like? Because if it tastes like either tea or coffee, I am unlikely to enjoy it.
    It's a plant native to Africa that makes a lovely and healthful tisane with a dark orange colour. The taste is like neither tea nor coffee -- earthy and robust with a slight fruitiness; strong enough to come through in a cold, sweet, creamy mixture.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    It's a plant native to Africa that makes a lovely and healthful tisane with a dark orange colour. The taste is like neither tea nor coffee -- earthy and robust with a slight fruitiness; strong enough to come through in a cold, sweet, creamy mixture.
    Huh... Sounds interesting.
    Of course, I have no idea where I would be able to procure it, but I can always check.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

9. - Top - End - #309

Huh... Sounds interesting.
    Of course, I have no idea where I would be able to procure it, but I can always check.
    It's pretty mainstream now. You can get it at tea/coffee shops, cafes, and in bags at the supermarket.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    It's pretty mainstream now. You can get it at tea/coffee shops, cafes, and in bags at the supermarket.
    Which means nothing to me, because I avoid tea/coffee shops, cafes and supermarkets and live under a rock.

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

It's a rather common flavour of tea, over here in The Netherlands.

And now to look up this Jericho.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

12. - Top - End - #312

Which means nothing to me, because I avoid tea/coffee shops, cafes and supermarkets and live under a rock.
    Well, I answered your question and now you do know. It's up to you now if you continue to avoid them or make an exception for the tea.

13. - Top - End - #313

Oh hey, you know what they're doing? They're making a sequel to The World Ends With You. Are you ready to get blasted by Mr Twister again?

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I answered your question and now you do know. It's up to you now if you continue to avoid them or make an exception for the tea.
    I suppose I can go shopping some time and pick some up. Whether or not I like it, I shall find out.

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #315
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Kind of, yes. the ones I made are just basic bread dough, filled with a spicy beef mince with some onions, peppers and stuff. They turned out very nice, and are great to have for breakfast, lunch or dinner. :) Or just a snack when traveling, since they can be eaten both warm or cold, and if they're cold, you don't need any cutlery.

I need to make a new batch of those soon.
    Meat perogies are nice, but I prefer the potato ones. potato-and-cheese, or potato-and-onion, or potato-and-bacon. Desert perogies are also yum! With their cute little delicious cherry centres mmmmm!

over here, most perogies are boiled and then quickly panfried.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

16. - Top - End - #316

All you panfriers are weird to me. I'm fine with just boiling my perogies. Then just lightly salt em, dip em in sour cream, and om nom nom.

17. - Top - End - #317

All you panfriers are weird to me. I'm fine with just boiling my perogies. Then just lightly salt em, dip em in sour cream, and om nom nom.
    It's just a little bit, to give'em a tiny bit of colour and a little stiffness to one or two sides of the perogi.
    You then eat them with sour cream, crumbled bacon, and onions.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

18. - Top - End - #318

Man that's gonna be a long list...

And too bad. Maybe this'll get my other thread more views
    I ARE CENTRE OF ATTENTION! LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!

19. - Top - End - #319

Seems that an Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate is just around the corner, if the advert at the top of the page is to be believed. Most interesting.
    I'm kinda surprised more video games haven't advertised here. I remember gratuitous tank battles also having an ad, but I cannot remember any others. I suppose some publishers notice that we already talk about games a lot and think their advertising would redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjata View Post
    I know, I wonder who the genius was who was like "Hey, if I leave coffee on my table all night, I wonder what it tastes like? That sounds unsanitary though, so i'll just throw a few ice cubes in."

How he came to "delicious" is so far beyond me...
    Since I find the smell of coffee distasteful, I wonder the same thing about hot coffee.

And here I avoided starting another thread in the webcomics section to avoid having multiple threads started by me, never mind having their names start with Rockphed. Ah, well.

It's about a small town called Jericho trying to survive and keep stable when they see a nuclear explosion in Denver, and soon discover that 23 major cities in the US of A have also been nuked. To make it worse, one of the town's newest members may or may not have been involved in the attacks. They struggle to survive and deal with things like evil mercenaries, raiders, lack of food, oh and the second American civil war. You can watch it instantly on Netflix. It starts off a bit slow, but gets really awesome a few episodes in. It is the perfect show: great writing, interesting characters, fascinating mysteries, great acting...
    Sounds almost interesting. Not quite interesting enough to actually watch however.

Frying pierogies is the only way to go. After you fry them up you can eat them straight, which is very tasty, or put on your favorite garnish.

Also, there are bacon pierogies in Canada? I now know where my first conquest will be. Well, after I show the local traffic commission who is boss. Then Canada will be MINE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

20. - Top - End - #320

They're potato with little bits of bacon in'em, not full-on bacon stuffed perogies.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

21. - Top - End - #321

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I ARE CENTRE OF ATTENTION! LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!
    Well, if you insist.
    *Stares fixedly at Serp*
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    So I've had two more trainees thrown into my lap. WITHOUT my knowledge.

First day was hell. I'm dead on my feet. Feytazombie reporting for duty. Why do I have to keep training these people? I swear everyone else is too scared. Another work week down the drain.

Aaand I'm done whining. School's starting for you guys, huh? I amazingly don't envy you. But hell, enjoy the ride. It ends sooner than you might think.

Also suddenly we're 10 pages deep in a new thread? Did I magically sleep away a week or so? Who's president now? Do we have personal jetpacks yet? I'd like my rocket car now, please.

Guh, tired. Have I had coffee yet today? I can't remember. And that's odd enough to comment on.
    We do have personal jetpacks, and FAA certified flying cars (but not rocket cars). With this and the mecha mentioned earlier, it's time to face the fact that we are living in the future.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-08-20 at 01:47 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess I can't like it anymore, then...

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

24. - Top - End - #324

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Well, if you insist.
    *Stares fixedly at Serp*
    :3

...wait

Crud.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    I'm kinda surprised more video games haven't advertised here. I remember gratuitous tank battles also having an ad, but I cannot remember any others. I suppose some publishers notice that we already talk about games a lot and think their advertising would redundant.

Since I find the smell of coffee distasteful, I wonder the same thing about hot coffee.

And here I avoided starting another thread in the webcomics section to avoid having multiple threads started by me, never mind having their names start with Rockphed. Ah, well.

Sounds almost interesting. Not quite interesting enough to actually watch however.

Frying pierogies is the only way to go. After you fry them up you can eat them straight, which is very tasty, or put on your favorite garnish.

Also, there are bacon pierogies in Canada? I now know where my first conquest will be. Well, after I show the local traffic commission who is boss. Then Canada will be MINE!
    I didn't do it enough justice in my attempt to describe it. It's just one of those shows that you watch it, you fall in love with it, you watch both of the seasons in a single week, and then hate CBS for canceling it.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    :3

...wait

Crud.
    I'd stare at you incessantly too, but then you might think I was flirting. ;P
    Last edited by Saithis Bladewing; 2012-08-20 at 02:18 PM.

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

27. - Top - End - #327

*MoonZombie sees lots of posts she wants to say things about, but her brain doesn't work*

Okay. Note to self, no more staying up until 3:34 trying to beat Civilization stage in Economic mode even though you started as Religious. And after that, don't stay up another half hour watching abridged anime series and playing Tetris. If you do this, YOU'RE STUPID.

*MoonCat tries to punch self, but lacks energy and doesn't even lift up hand*
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Barkchickabarkbark

Good news on the dog humping front: they seem to have ended their relationship. No longer will I turn around only to see the two of them doing it right behind my chair!
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-08-20 at 02:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    *MoonZombie sees lots of posts she wants to say things about, but her brain doesn't work*

Okay. Note to self, no more staying up until 3:34 trying to beat Civilization stage in Economic mode even though you started as Religious. And after that, don't stay up another half hour watching abridged anime series and playing Tetris. If you do this, YOU'RE STUPID.

*MoonCat tries to punch self, but lacks energy and doesn't even lift up hand*
    Oh my, looks like someone may need a nap. Get online so I can sing you a lullaby

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I just failed my 8th driving test.

Nailed the parallel parking this time though.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.