New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LII: 525.600 Ponies!

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    This is an accurate representation of my relationship with my little sister.
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-08-30 at 12:33 AM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Blue is the nerd color. A high percentage of bronies and a HIGHER percentage of those on this sight fit the nerd archetype.

For a parallel example IIRC the pony quiz at a high percentage of Twi as the first match, plenty of high ratings there. And Twilight is consistently the most popular pony in survey's. Nerd factor.

Though it probably doesn't help people are self selecting. Wizards once had a personality test on this though at present don't seem to be supporting this one.
    Yeah I can see that.

Personally I thought I'd be Blue, being the huge nerd that I am. Turns out I'm White instead, who'd of thought.
    In the arena of logic I fight UNARMED!!!

Current Avatar by zimmerwald1915
    Former Avatars by the amazing Dirtytabs
    Former avatar 1

Former Avatar 2

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Are you the weaker one fighting but hardly even affecting the stronger one that barely acknowledges your existance?
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

4. - Top - End - #574
    Troll in the Playground

Hey ponythread! I've been preoccupied with so many things lately that I've really fallen back on things, so much that I don't even know the joke with the current thread title. There's now one less thing keeping me away from the ponies now, though!
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

5. - Top - End - #575
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Hey ponythread! I've been preoccupied with so many things lately that I've really fallen back on things, so much that I don't even know the joke with the current thread title. There's now one less thing keeping me away from the ponies now, though!
    ...... I want an arcade stick controller.... I bet combos would be much easier on Fighting is Magic with one...
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

6. - Top - End - #576
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Instead of getting ready for my evening stuff, I did this;
    Spoiler
    Show

Transparent version because we all have our obsessions.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also incase you are allergic to dirtily obvious filters.

I have done a bad thing in creating Metaluchadore.

(But seriously, thanks )

A herpy derpy derpy derp ado bado...
    You should. Jerk.
    And that you don't sorta makes me more upset.
    And considering what you did and the effects of it, that I'm capable of being upset right now is noteworthy.
    Stay classy, Kiritsugu.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-08-30 at 01:05 AM.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Stay classy, Kiritsugu.
    .... Now, I'm aware of what "Stay classy" means*, but what is a Kiritsugu....

*though I'm not sure if I'm being particularly unclassy there... unless my standards are just that low, and I know people with standards that make mine seem godly, so I don't think I'm being too unclassy there*

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

*though I'm not sure if I'm being particularly unclassy there... unless my standards are just that low, and I know people with standards that make mine seem godly, so I don't think I'm being too unclassy there*
    Approximately 17 seconds worth of Google says it's this guy.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

9. - Top - End - #579

Kiritsugu is the guy being hammered on by Saber, the blonde chick. If you haven't seen Fate: Zero, watch it.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Approximately 17 seconds worth of Google says it's this guy.
    Ah. I got confused, I always thought it was San Diego.

Oh, Kiritsugu's the dude in the picture.... where is my brain? I must have misplaced it somewhere... I can't think without my brain....

11. - Top - End - #581
    Troll in the Playground

I can't think without my brain....
    That's what they want you to think.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

Gotta say, the X-COM reports that you guys have been posting make the game seem much easier than I found it to be. I tried doing pony names, but gave up the third time I lost the entire crew. So much death.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Gotta say, the X-COM reports that you guys have been posting make the game seem much easier than I found it to be. I tried doing pony names, but gave up the third time I lost the entire crew. So much death.
    Ouch. Sad to hear that.

Did you give up completely or just on using ponynames? I know this game can be pretty unforgiving. If you want I can link you to the LP that inspired me and gave me some very valuable starting advice.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

You might want to start out on an easier difficulty. The game basically tells you nothing about what anything does, so unless you're looking up a guide or asking Strife Werziel here, there isn't really a good way to know what research to get or how to optimally spend your money. I'm not even certain that a second base was worthwhile yet, although I imagine later on the rate of UFO landings will be high enough that the second base was required.

Also, we both use multiple saves and reload combat a fair amount. The one I reported where my whole team got bombed, I actually loaded a pre-landing save, which meant the entire terror battlefield was different when I tried the second time.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

15. - Top - End - #585
    Firbolg in the Playground

Blue is the nerd color. A high percentage of bronies and a HIGHER percentage of those on this sight fit the nerd archetype.

For a parallel example IIRC the pony quiz at a high percentage of Twi as the first match, plenty of high ratings there. And Twilight is consistently the most popular pony in survey's. Nerd factor.

Though it probably doesn't help people are self selecting. Wizards once had a personality test on this though at present don't seem to be supporting this one.
    I suppose I can see what you mean. Interestingly enough, I got White instead of Blue on the quiz. I can understand that, since if possible, I would classify myself as a Lawful Good bard. (Screw the rules I have bits.)

If you haven't seen it yet, here: Have some concentrated Pinkie Pie

Can someone tell me why this works so well?
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-08-30 at 02:11 AM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/xcom-ene...1225915p1.html

... one hour of gameplay for the new X-com ... I want to play it so bad. Going to name all my squaddies after pony and level them up in accordance; Rarity will be the sniper, AJ the Support, The assault, Dash,Twilight the psionic , Fluttershy will be a medic and never shoot at anything. And Pinkie Pie can carry the bazooka party cannon.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You might want to start out on an easier difficulty. The game basically tells you nothing about what anything does, so unless you're looking up a guide or asking Strife Warzeal here, there isn't really a good way to know what research to get or how to optimally spend your money. I'm not even certain that a second base was worthwhile yet, although I imagine later on the rate of UFO landings will be high enough that the second base was required.
    Since quite a few people in this thread are now trying out the game through one means or another, would anyone like a "basic starter info" type thingy?

On your second base, they are useful and you will want more, they are not necessary. More bases allow for better ufo sighting and control for better worldwide protection.
    The best way to spread it with minimal bases is something like "Mediterranian Area - China/Russia Area - Central America". Just try out what works for you. There is no right and wrong when it comes to that. Well, except if you start out in the middle of the antarctic.

Image stuffs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2012-08-30 at 02:23 AM.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    That sounds like you only need two colors. The "what you want and how you go about it" route would cover that.
    I guess. He could probably be blue/white or the less evil end of blue/black, or maybe even just blue. I don't know really. b/u/w just seemed appropriate.

And messing with nature stokes me as distinctly not green. It doesn't need improvement if you're green! It's perfect. From memory, all the genetic modifications have been blue and black.
    The Simic Combine would disagree, though I admit it's not really applicable in this instance. I do create plant creatures, but it's something that most alchemists in Rune-Midgard can do.

What? What are you talking about, that's sill--
    ... ... ... Oh my~
    Your link seems to be broken.

Well, I got blue, but I think I could have easily gone white or black. The answers were kind of obvious.

Yeah, my first time was like that. PROTIP: Find the user manual online and read it. It helps. I didn't know about reaction shots until I read it, and those are very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/xcom-ene...1225915p1.html

... one hour of gameplay for the new X-com ... I want to play it so bad. Going to name all my squaddies after pony and level them up in accordance; Rarity will be the sniper, AJ the Support, The assault, Dash,Twilight the psionic , Fluttershy will be a medic and never shoot at anything. And Pinkie Pie can carry the bazooka party cannon.
    Niiiiice.

My OotS team is doing well so far. V and Blackwing have both been promoted to Seargent, despite Roy doing much of the work.

Picture is unrelated.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2012-08-30 at 04:47 AM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I guess. He could probably be blue/white or the less evil end of blue/black, or maybe even just blue. I don't know really. b/u/w just seemed appropriate.
    Oh, yeah. I just want to play my usual catechist role. If you need all three, by all means take em! And I am far from an expert. but if you can get by on two, then try it.

I find the only thing about black I dislike is the "it's okay to be pragmatically selfish" bit, and only because most people immediately jump to the most negative end and wind up as jerks. Otherwise, yeah. So I grok the non-evil black end.

The Simic Combine would disagree, though I admit it's not really applicable in this instance. I do create plant creatures, but it's something that most alchemists in Rune-Midgard can do.
    Hm. Well, I could say that the truth belies simplicity; there has to be a rule in place for an extenuating to matter, and this seems to be a thing where deviatin is the purpose. But the truth is I have no idea what I'm talking about at all, and just want to get everyone else thinking. If you've already for that level of thinking, laugh me out of the room. Easiest way.

Your link seems to be broken.
    Nuts. Well, it's "my face when Swedish Spitfire".

Well, I got blue, but I think I could have easily gone white or black. The answers were kind of obvious.
    Yeah... I got blue because they were the answers that seemed the least dumb, not because I'd pick them of all the possibilities.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

That's me tomorrow, because tomorrow I get my money, which means I don't have to live on freakin' rice and oatmeal anymore.

Two weeks on oatmeal and all the scraps in my pantry, that's enough to drive one crazy, right Pinkie?

OATMEAL! Are you CRAZY?!

I think I'll have lasagna, mmmmm ... lasagna

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

Was I the only that mentally cheered a bit when in today's installment of To Boldy Flee on TGWTG 8-Bit Mickey not only made reference to watching pony, but was wearing a Derpy t-shirt in at least one shot?

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

I think a lot of the Spitfire attraction came from after episode 26 aired, and people started drawing her without her suit on. Then comes the "Holy cow, she's naked now!" train of thought, which of course makes no sense because she's a pony, but that's brains for ya. Plus there was a series of pics by c4tspajamas where her hair isn't anywhere near as wild, which I think really helped:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brushie brushie increases attractiveness?
    See, I don't agree with that...

On a side note, Colgate is best pony
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Nameless; 2012-08-30 at 05:46 AM.

23. - Top - End - #593

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Was I the only that mentally cheered a bit when in today's installment of To Boldy Flee on TGWTG 8-Bit Mickey not only made reference to watching pony, but was wearing a Derpy t-shirt in at least one shot?
    *Sage nod*

mfw:

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #594
    Spamalot in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    *Applejack will probably get an episode at some point.
    Who?

Apropo--
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

You should. Jerk.
    And that you don't sorta makes me more upset.
    And considering what you did and the effects of it, that I'm capable of being upset right now is noteworthy.
    I have no idea what you are talking about but that picture is so good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Also, yeah. I kind of doubt that, technically. The picture contains subtext.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-08-30 at 08:05 AM.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Bugbear in the Playground

Haha! The fun has been doubledragond!

I just don't know what went wrong.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

with so many playing x-com, and using pony names
    i am waiting for the next logical step...
    Spoiler
    Show
    someone doing their team based on Ponythreaders and/or their OC's
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-08-30 at 09:27 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

28. - Top - End - #598
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, yeah. I just want to play my usual catechist role. If you need all three, by all means take em! And I am far from an expert. but if you can get by on two, then try it.
    I have learned a new word today! Not sure how it applies here though.

Perhaps I'm over thinking this and pure blue is simply the best option. His card could be blue with black and white abilities.

I find the only thing about black I dislike is the "it's okay to be pragmatically selfish" bit, and only because most people immediately jump to the most negative end and wind up as jerks. Otherwise, yeah. So I grok the non-evil black end.
    There's something satisfying about the black-aligned hero. Yeah, he's selfish and rude, but he can still be a good person. I think Toshi Umezama was the only black hero character in M:tG lore, that I can remember anyway.

Hm. Well, I could say that the truth belies simplicity; there has to be a rule in place for an extenuating to matter, and this seems to be a thing where deviatin is the purpose. But the truth is I have no idea what I'm talking about at all, and just want to get everyone else thinking. If you've already for that level of thinking, laugh me out of the room. Easiest way.
    I understand what you were saying though. Meddling with nature doesn't seem very green. In the Simic's case I think it makes sense because they are trying to repopulate Ravnica with nearly extinct species, and the only way to do that is to force them to adapt. I think the green aspect can be summed up with the quote on Experiment Kraaj:
    "Of course it will grow beyond control—it was designed to choose its own evolution."
    Nuts. Well, it's "my face when Swedish Spitfire".
    Yeah, it's a good voice, but I don't really find voices to be a turn on. I don't really see what makes it better than her English voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I haven't been to TGWTG in ages. About the same time I got into the pony fandom, actually. I used to spend ages on that site each day. Now that time is devoted to pony.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    [/SPOILER]

Apropo--
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Haha! The fun has been doubledragond!

I just don't know what went wrong.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hehe, Crackle and Spike in a beat-em-up? I'd play that.

*casts Mass Confusion on Ponythread* (somewhat NSFW)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2012-08-30 at 11:01 AM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about but that picture is so good for me.
    A few days ago, I made the -SHOCKING- realization that Derpy Whooves was, infact, created as a living breathing incarnation of Derp.

Soras, in response, posted a link containing a nauseatingly addicting little 8 second loop.

And some how the damn thing got -STUCK- in my head.

And he still won't acknowledge me about it!

ACKNOWLEDGE ME, DAMN IT!

Diego, that is very confusing... and possibly not safe for work.... or safe for sanity....
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-08-30 at 10:24 AM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

The thing about colours is that they're about idealogy. In my view, you can be a necromancer without being a black-aligned person.
    (Although you require black mana to do it, so it's not amazingly likely.)

The means aren't so important as the end. You can be a nerd without being blue, for example. Being blue doesn't mean you care about knowledge, but that you care about it for its own sake, and not because of what it does. Likewise, if your solution to most problems is 'set it on fire' that could be black if it's the easiest solution for you, white if your problems are lawless and corrupt, green if you set fire to decaying and corrupting elements, or blue if your flames are set so you can examine the pattern of incineration.

The means determine what colour your magic is. The end determines what colour you are.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.