New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    I was thinking a Raindance Team, or a team that had paralels to Celestia, but Moonlight is a bit harder to do, especially since, ironically, only Sunny conditions boosts it's healing ability.
    And that's a problem? I seem to remember something about "we were meant to rule together".

But... Pokemon are awesome! They even have Pony like Pokemon! Don't be afraid; Pocket Monsters rock! Hell, there's a lot of the same sort of stigma shared between the two. In Elementary School, you can like whatever and get mild teasing. In Middle / High School, people mock you for it. In College, it's easy to find like minded or sympathetic people to hang with, and you can all like whatever you like!
    Mm. Personally, I played a friend's copy of Crystal for some time, and then a while later his copy of Sapphire, and then picked up Emerald for my own, and a few months later came to the conclusion that I simply didn't like it. So I sold it back, and haven't regretted that action in the intervening three-plus years.

To put it another way: Pokemon, like ponies, aren't for everyone.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Don't read it just to satisfy my ego, read it because you think you might enjoy it Even if it doesn't get on EqD it'll still be read by at least a few people. That's one of the benefits of having a ton of followers on dA, and of course you guys here in ponythread, even if most aren't interested in my fiction at least some will decide it sounds interesting.
    I'm not normally a fan fic person. I'm much more appreciative of semi origonal material, even when it is blatantly based on another subject. There's -soo- many things that lots of fanfic writers do that I dislike that I've come across that I try to stay clear of them now.
    I can't say they're all bad, because I certainly haven't read them all. And I admit that I have no right to judge until I write something myself. But I normally only read them when recommended by someone with worthwhile opinions. And I've grown to respect this crew. Which is the only reason I'd even be willing to give a MLP fic anything more than a second glance. And in some cases, tears and vomiting.

Which one of yours is the fic in question? In your profile, right? Or should I stalk through your recent posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    I forgot about the buffalo one, but who cares about the buffalo?
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Smile Smile Smile - Literal Music Video
    I was going to post a Jaw-Drop pic, but really, I can't decide which one to use...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Who cares? It doesn't look dumb.
    In the words of one of my idols: [it] look[s] ridiculous with that big banana on [it's] head.

I love you Vegito.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Honestly, I completed the entire pokedex in platinum and bred a team of several near max IV guys for competitive battling and then when black/white came out, I played through it once and couldn't find the will to start going through that whole effort again.

I want to fight you, -so- bad. But I understand. Besides, I can't accept challenges until I get my own team togther.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    And that's a problem? I seem to remember something about "we were meant to rule together".
    Fair enough, but there's nothing wrong with being viable opponents individually.... though now, a double battle team would be pretty interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Mm. Personally, I played a friend's copy of Crystal for some time, and then a while later his copy of Sapphire, and then picked up Emerald for my own, and a few months later came to the conclusion that I simply didn't like it. So I sold it back, and haven't regretted that action in the intervening three-plus years.

To put it another way: Pokemon, like ponies, aren't for everyone.
    Again, fair enough. I just get a bit carried away when things get through the afro and the hard head and actually get noticed by my brain. Pokemon is such a thing.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-19 at 07:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

In the words of one of my idols: [it] look[s] ridiculous with that big banana on [it's] head.

I love you Vegito.
    Whut.
    Also, who?
    Also, meh.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not normally a fan fic person. I'm much more appreciative of semi origonal material, even when it is blatantly based on another subject. There's -soo- many things that lots of fanfic writers do that I dislike that I've come across that I try to stay clear of them now.
    I can't say they're all bad, because I certainly haven't read them all. And I admit that I have no right to judge until I write something myself. But I normally only read them when recommended by someone with worthwhile opinions. And I've grown to respect this crew. Which is the only reason I'd even be willing to give a MLP fic anything more than a second glance. And in some cases, tears and vomiting.

Which one of yours is the fic in question? In your profile, right? Or should I stalk through your recent posts?
    The one currently being discussed, and which I'm currently writing, is called II

It is, however a dark fic, although certainly not Cupcakes. If that's not your thing, perhaps one of my non-dark stories is better, if you really want to read my stuff

Personally I'd recommend The Nightmare Sonata because it's my most neglected story (despite being on EqD) and I think it deserves much better than it got I actually think it's one of my best stories, but it did seem to get a little less response than my other stories

If you'd rather something totally silly, perhaps Pinkie Prefers her Pasta Plain... or As Celestia is My Witness

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ettin in the Playground

II

Anyway, I sent them this response. Now I wait and see what they reply
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. I have fixed the minor issues you listed (see notes below, however), and I hope you will accept my story with these changes because I won't otherwise be resubmitting it at this point, as much as I really, really want it to be featured.

I will be happy to fix any and all errors that are pointed out to me, and I try hard to learn from them, but I won't be making another big effort to hunt down commas and other minor issues in the existing chapters. At least not until the whole story is finished, which will be a while.

I do my very best, I even used the search function the first time to check every single comma and semicolon, but I can not guarantee there won't be a few more errors like these no matter how carefully I check for them. Some will always slip through.

A few important notes on some of your specific points:

> You start dropping shipping hints way too early. It feels a bit forced.

The fact that she might be rushing into a premature romance with a stallion she's only just met is very deliberate, and will become an issue. The real romance, for the record, will be between Dash and Twilight, but that will be developing more slowly.

> Italicize explicit thoughts or don't use 'she thought' for non-explicit thoughts.

I will change this if you insist, but I don't agree it is a direct thought. If it had said "doesn't even matter if I die, she thought" instead of "didn't even matter if she died, she thought" it would be a direct thought and should be italicized.

> Please include a full plot outline in your resubmission, so we have some idea of where you're going with this.

Any particular reason?

I value the fact that only I know what's really going on. Once the story is complete I'll be happy to spoil it to anyone who doesn't mind, but while it's still incomplete I like to make sure the mystery is well kept. If you have specific concerns perhaps I can help, but I won't be giving away the plot.

If you are worried that it will turn explicit or something in later chapters, I can only say that I have no such intentions. It will have romance and intimacy, but nothing explicit. I also have no desire to indulge in gore ala Cupcakes. I don't expect anything much darker than what is already present in the first four chapters.
    Thanks. I'll try to get back to you later, but it may take some time and you may be well served by askng yourself.

As for the plot summary, I actually don't see any reason not to give them. It's not like they'll spoil it to anyone else (knowing them).

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

II

Anyway, I sent them this response. Now I wait and see what they reply
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. I have fixed the minor issues you listed (see notes below, however), and I hope you will accept my story with these changes because I won't otherwise be resubmitting it at this point, as much as I really, really want it to be featured.

I will be happy to fix any and all errors that are pointed out to me, and I try hard to learn from them, but I won't be making another big effort to hunt down commas and other minor issues in the existing chapters. At least not until the whole story is finished, which will be a while.

I do my very best, I even used the search function the first time to check every single comma and semicolon, but I can not guarantee there won't be a few more errors like these no matter how carefully I check for them. Some will always slip through.

A few important notes on some of your specific points:

> You start dropping shipping hints way too early. It feels a bit forced.

The fact that she might be rushing into a premature romance with a stallion she's only just met is very deliberate, and will become an issue. The real romance, for the record, will be between Dash and Twilight, but that will be developing more slowly.

> Italicize explicit thoughts or don't use 'she thought' for non-explicit thoughts.

I will change this if you insist, but I don't agree it is a direct thought. If it had said "doesn't even matter if I die, she thought" instead of "didn't even matter if she died, she thought" it would be a direct thought and should be italicized.

> Please include a full plot outline in your resubmission, so we have some idea of where you're going with this.

Any particular reason?

I value the fact that only I know what's really going on. Once the story is complete I'll be happy to spoil it to anyone who doesn't mind, but while it's still incomplete I like to make sure the mystery is well kept. If you have specific concerns perhaps I can help, but I won't be giving away the plot.

If you are worried that it will turn explicit or something in later chapters, I can only say that I have no such intentions. It will have romance and intimacy, but nothing explicit. I also have no desire to indulge in gore ala Cupcakes. I don't expect anything much darker than what is already present in the first four chapters.
    Thanks. I'll try to get back to you later, but it may take some time and you may be well better served by askng yourself. That said, I think it would not be a good idea to say you won't be checking for every minor error. Gives them the impression that you're sloppy.

As for the plot summary, I actually don't see any reason not to give them. It's not like they'll spoil it to anyone else (knowing them).

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Whut.
    Context.

You can't even begin to say that this:

Spoiler
    Show

is cooler than this:

Spoiler
    Show

He may have a banana too, but he's wearing his Gangsta Style. And he's got Ora.

Also, who?
    Vegito, Potarra Fusion of Goku and Vegeta.

Also, meh.
    You're just jealous that Pidgeot can't go ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA like Staraptor can.

The one currently being discussed, and which I'm currently writing, is called II

It is, however a dark fic, although certainly not Cupcakes. If that's not your thing, perhaps one of my non-dark stories is better, if you really want to read my stuff
    Thank you for the headsup. I'm sorry to say that I indeed won't be reading it. No personal bias against you; I just can't emotionally or physically handle dark in my sugar. Though I'm not sure to the extent that the two can't mix, the last one left me kinda ****ed up, so I'd just as soon side step it entirely.

Personally I'd recommend The Nightmare Sonata because it's my most neglected story (despite being on EqD) and I think it deserves much better than it got I actually think it's one of my best stories, but it did seem to get a little less response than my other stories

If you'd rather something totally silly, perhaps Pinkie Prefers her Pasta Plain... or As Celestia is My Witness
    Hm... I guess I'll give The Nightmare Sonata a shot. I'll find time to read it.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

I stoped playing as much when things got busy, but Pokemon has always been a pet favorite of mine, so I spent quite a bit of time at work thinking about the conversation yesterday when I should have been more careful not to burn my fingers. Typing hurts.

Let me know if you want me to spoil the massive wall of text, entirity or just the Pokemon parts.

You may know more about the fashionista's personality than me, but I pegged her pretty much as a dead ringer for Ruby. What at all makes her like the Hawty post breaking or the Trickster with Morals?

Hm... I can see it. What about as Cheren or Krys?

To be honest, while I'm inclined to agree, I'd also want to make a case for Emerald. He's a pretty tricky/quirky dude. Been a while since I rereread his saga... Oh jeese, now I need to read it again.

Gold? Rainbowdash is so hotheaded. Gold's got it, but he's also the Pokemon King of Indiana Jones grade battling and ploting. I dunno, Rainbowdash sooner reminds me of Sapphire than Gold.

Doesn't train as hard? Excuse me, but remember who the hell you're talking about. There isn't a soul alive who fights as hard as Red, and he and his team get stronger from every fight. There's a reason that, unlike Ash, whose -1- Non-Canon Victory has been ignored (and is treated as a complete joke even when he should have at least maintained a few of the levels he had in the past. Seriously, I read that they still are trying to pass him off as being -10- for crying out loud!), is -still- considered a Champion, comparable to Cynthia or Alder.

Red is -Gar-.
    That was a massive post

I said Blue/Green because the copies I read swapped between the two due to a poor translation. I mean the girl with the ditto. Now while Ruby does reflect Rarity's love for fashion and is a pretty good pick I chose Blue because Rarity seems like the pony who prefers using tricks and tactics like Blue does. Also Ruby's love for beauty doesn't seem sincere enough.

I thought of Emerald but discounted him for while he does use some cool tricks and gadgets he is also a very intelligent fighter who is pretty coldly calculating. He is also resistant to making friends and the like.

Cheren is discounted for not being a 'Dex holder. Krystal is good but doesn't quite get the book learning and lack of 'real' experience that Twilight and Platii both share. Also they both had to learn about basic social stuff.

Sapphire I discounted for her total lack of care about what most people think of her. Have you seen Read it and Weep yet? Being like Indiana Jones just makes Rainbow Dash more like Gold then ever. Also Gold is more arrogant and brash then Sapphire who pretty much is just wild, not hot headed.

Oh Red's awesome don't get me wrong. It's just that his awesome doesn't come much from training but instead from learning lots from every fight and never backing down. Applejack I can see as training harder but being too stubborn/honorable to learn the different tricks that Red learned from underhanded opponents like Team Rocket.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Context.

Spoiler
    Show

is cooler than this:

Spoiler
    Show

...yes I can.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

Context.

Spoiler
    Show

is cooler than this:

Spoiler
    Show

actually, i would argue just that.
    the latter is clearly trying too hard. i mean, it has an emo haircut ffs
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-09-19 at 07:48 PM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Thanks. I'll try to get back to you later, but it may take some time and you may be well better served by askng yourself. That said, I think it would not be a good idea to say you won't be checking for every minor error. Gives them the impression that you're sloppy.

I'll see what they say to my mail.

As for telling them, kinda too late now, but I hope I worded it carefully enough. I was being conscious of possibly giving that impression, so I tried to make it clear that it's not that I'm not going to carefully edit future chapters and trying to improve my writing. Just that I won't go back and do another major edit on what is already published.

The thing about the summary is just a personal thing. I'm sure they're all fine, honest folk, I just really don't want to give anyone the plot. It's my little secret, and Imma cling to it.

Thank you for the headsup. I'm sorry to say that I indeed won't be reading it. No personal bias against you; I just can't emotionally or physically handle dark in my sugar. Though I'm not sure to the extent that the two can't mix, the last one left me kinda ****ed up, so I'd just as soon side step it entirely.

Hm... I guess I'll give The Nightmare Sonata a shot. I'll find time to read it.
    No worries. And I hope you like it. Do let me know once you've read it

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

You know Deadly I'm surprised that the pre-readers don't give you more slack at this point. You've already some out with some really great material like Fillystrata and As Celestia is My Witness (Which by the way is my fav out of your work )
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

well, there's something to be said for the improvements made through the editing process.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Barbarian in the Playground

When it comes to Ponies and Pokemon all I know is that Fluttershy must have a Shaymin. Adorable, incredibly shy Pokemon that prefers to hide rather than fight, is associated with Gratitude a perfect complement to Kindness, and when pressed to protect those it cares about transforms into a flying badass warrior. You couldn't ask for a better Pokemon for Fluttershy if you asked Game Freak to make one custom for her.

Bulbapedia Link: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ok%C3%A9mon%29

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    You know Deadly I'm surprised that the pre-readers don't give you more slack at this point. You've already some out with some really great material like Fillystrata and As Celestia is My Witness (Which by the way is my fav out of your work )
    I bet Fillystata wouldn't pass now. My other two stories on EqD (Pinkie Prefers... and Nightmare Sonata) both went through this kind of nitpicking too. My stories also never really achieved 5 stars (I don't consider a score of 4.1 to really be 5 stars, even if technically it was). I don't think I'm considered that established as a good writer on EqD.

"As Celestia is my Witness" was never submitted to EqD because I figured why bother when it was already flooded by views from rocketing into the FiMFiction stratosphere all randomly?

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

I bet Fillystata wouldn't pass now. My other two stories on EqD (Pinkie Prefers... and Nightmare Sonata) both went through this kind of nitpicking too. My stories also never really achieved 5 stars (I don't consider a score of 4.1 to really be 5 stars, even if technically it was). I don't think I'm considered that established as a good writer on EqD.

"As Celestia is my Witness" was never submitted to EqD because I figured why bother when it was already flooded by views from rocketing into the FiMFiction stratosphere all randomly?
    Perhaps you should submit it anyways. Build up some fame with the EQD people.

In non pony news I can't recommend A Miracle of Science enough. It has mad scientists, cool tech and spaceship battles.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Bugbear in the Playground

It is official, unless Princess Luna shows up in Tucson, I am declaring my sister the best little sister in the state of Arizona.

Why, do you ask?

Because she braved the weirdness that is hot topic and bought me 2 MORE PONY SHIRTS AND DIDN'T MAKE FUN OF ME.

That is all, I'm off to watch ponies with my sister.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, it's a little old now ain't it? I don't like submitting old stuff

Anyway, I have this little idea for a collaborative fic written by Derpy and Flitter. I bet it'll be a blast and totally the kind of story everyone will wet their pants over. I'll just submit that instead

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Banned

Staraptor is a Dweeb.

That was a massive post
    It's always nice to be a font of change

-

DIEGO HAVOC: you are on AT&T, right?

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

That was a massive post
    I try to be Pringles.

But my Mustache isn't very Curleh yet.

So I try to make due with an exubarrent personality.

Besides, it's ya'll's fault for getting me fired up. Wind up the ADHD kid about a subject he's borderline obsessive about, and act surprised that he can speak for hours about it. Being surprised that you get bitten by a snake you've been steping on is more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    It's always nice to be a font of change
    So long as I'm not being offensive or too annoying, anyway...

I said Blue/Green because the copies I read swapped between the two due to a poor translation. I mean the girl with the ditto.
    .... You've been Gannon Banned. That's Blue.

Now while Ruby does reflect Rarity's love for fashion and is a pretty good pick I chose Blue because Rarity seems like the pony who prefers using tricks and tactics like Blue does. Also Ruby's love for beauty doesn't seem sincere enough.
    The only thing that was remotely insincere abut his love of beauty was that he didn't have it since birth, having changed when he was little, which isn't unreasonable. And Rarity certainly seemed somewhat dirrect in her brief part in the battle with the Manticore... and Ruby doesn't seem like he wouldn't be tactical...

He's stylish, strong, and smart. The real main difference is that he doesn't seem to want to go that far out of his way for anything not dirrectly in his path. He certainly isnt a candidate for Element of Kindness, that's for sure.

I thought of Emerald but discounted him for while he does use some cool tricks and gadgets he is also a very intelligent fighter who is pretty coldly calculating. He is also resistant to making friends and the like.
    Fair enough.

Cheren is discounted for not being a 'Dex holder. Krystal is good but doesn't quite get the book learning and lack of 'real' experience that Twilight and Platii both share. Also they both had to learn about basic social stuff.
    See previous response.

Sapphire I discounted for her total lack of care about what most people think of her. Have you seen Read it and Weep yet? Being like Indiana Jones just makes Rainbow Dash more like Gold then ever. Also Gold is more arrogant and brash then Sapphire who pretty much is just wild, not hot headed.
    I have not seen Rad it and Weep yet. I suppose I should try to finish the few I haven't quite gotten around to yet in the first reason. I was just watching some of them with a friend.

Oh Red's awesome don't get me wrong. It's just that his awesome doesn't come much from training but instead from learning lots from every fight and never backing down.
    .... Red's awesomeness has come from years, 16 specifically, of training from -hell-, in addition to what he learns in his fights. He worked his ass off to get as good as he is, and it shows immensly. Training after losing to Mew, training with Misty, and Mt Silver (without and with Gold), not to mention Frenzy Plant Training, just to name a few off of my head. And that's not counting all of his incredble battling experience... Capturing the entire freaking Safari Zone by himself... that's pimp.

Red's Gar.

Applejack I can see as training harder but being too stubborn/honorable to learn the different tricks that Red learned from underhanded opponents like Team Rocket.
    Most of the people Red has learned from he's learned from while they've been getting ready to become good. Most of the bad guys in MLP don't really have much redeeming qualities to learn from.

I could be wrong about the lessons part, though. I definitely gotta re-read this series...

...yes I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    actually, i would argue just that.
    the latter is clearly trying too hard. i mean, it has an emo haircut ffs
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Staraptor is a Dweeb.
    While I respect your right to have a differing opinion, I still wanna say don't hate. Haters

He caries himself cool.

At least Staraptor actually tries to get back up if it gets knocked out. I still remember in Stadium when Pidgeot gets knocked out, it falls to the ground and falls over like a drunk person, tap dancing to the side bfore it's head hits the floor. Staraptor actually tries to keep on. That's boss.

Plus, a Pidgeon can't do a Wombo Combo. Only a Bird of Prey can. (Language Warning)

No worries. And I hope you like it. Do let me know once you've read it
    I will. Promiss.

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    well, there's something to be said for the improvements made through the editing process.
    That's not actually a bad idea; reread your old material and see what you catch with your experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    When it comes to Ponies and Pokemon all I know is that Fluttershy must have a Shaymin. Adorable, incredibly shy Pokemon that prefers to hide rather than fight, is associated with Gratitude a perfect complement to Kindness, and when pressed to protect those it cares about transforms into a flying badass warrior. You couldn't ask for a better Pokemon for Fluttershy if you asked Game Freak to make one custom for her.

Bulbapedia Link: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ok%C3%A9mon%29
    ..... I should have fished for legendaries for her. You're dead freaking right.

In non pony news I can't recommend A Miracle of Science enough. It has mad scientists, cool tech and spaceship battles.
    ....... if you don't mind me asking, how do you write, those who do? I have a completely unorigonal piece of trash rattling around in my head, and I'm not sure if I'm better off venting it by trying to use some of the world in a D&D game, or writing out the story that I see whenever I close my eyes. ... I might draw an OC...

Hell, maybe I'll pull a Luka, claim the Element of Denial, and Ponify him.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-19 at 09:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

Awesome.

I want to fight you, -so- bad. But I understand. Besides, I can't accept challenges until I get my own team togther.
    My team is only half done and some of it is set up for the battle tower rather than for player vs. player battling. I mean, if you can't handle a good starter into a couple sweepers, I'll crush you, but I never got a good wall done.

Now, who you want to fight is my best friend and roommate from undergrad. See, his little brother and he both shared a cartridge, and his little brother also traveled to a bunch of the events and Toys "R' Us promos. So he actually has everything. Kicked my butt every time we ever played, even when he wasn't whipping out the promo legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Because she braved the weirdness that is hot topic and bought me 2 MORE PONY SHIRTS AND DIDN'T MAKE FUN OF ME.

That is all, I'm off to watch ponies with my sister.
    This is sweet and you should tell your sister she's a wonderful person pony.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

You can't claim the Element of Denial.

If you want it, then you aren't in denial about it.

Paradox, cannot hold. Cancels out to nothing.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Colossus in the Playground

....... if you don't mind me asking, how do you write, those who do? I have a completely unorigonal piece of trash rattling around in my head, and I'm not sure if I'm better off venting it by trying to use some of the world in a D&D game, or writing out the story that I see whenever I close my eyes. ... I might draw an OC...

Complicated question. Thing you got to understand about writing is that it's a craft, just like drawing, or programming, or athletics. There's no magic trick to it. It's a process that requires practise, research, and commitment.

The short version is:

- Read widely with a critical eye.
    - Reflect constantly, on yourself and on the world. Challenge your assumptions.
    - Write without pride. Compare yourself to the best. View it as a path of self improvement, not a means to an end.
    - Force yourself to write. Terrible writing is infinitely better than no writing. Find psychological tricks and ways to get in the zone that work for you. It's all about the zone. Writing involves an awful lot of self hypnosis.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/index.html#7YBU773u2uaCTL9ibwO

Giant is in need of a TF2 medic, D&D cleric, etc. for speedy recovery. Wish him well here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post13925626

Or post pics of well wishes.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post

But he is...gah.

Thanqol/Mask, your usualy good at this. Any way you can twist this to make this make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground

But he is...gah.

Thanqol/Mask, your usualy good at this. Any way you can twist this to make this make sense?
    Your subconscious claims it while you actively deny it. It manifests itself due to the strong desire and claims it.

I however am completely immune to that process by virtue of having one of the exempted creature types (dragons do appear in the show and thus cannot become ponies).

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    My team is only half done and some of it is set up for the battle tower rather than for player vs. player battling. I mean, if you can't handle a good starter into a couple sweepers, I'll crush you, but I never got a good wall done.

Now, who you want to fight is my best friend and roommate from undergrad. See, his little brother and he both shared a cartridge, and his little brother also traveled to a bunch of the events and Toys "R' Us promos. So he actually has everything. Kicked my butt every time we ever played, even when he wasn't whipping out the promo legendaries.
    Because isn't enough to express my feelings,

Spoiler
    Show

Does that mean I divided by Zero?

Complicated question. Thing you got to understand about writing is that it's a craft, just like drawing, or programming, or athletics. There's no magic trick to it. It's a process that requires practise, research, and commitment.

The short version is:

- Read widely with a critical eye.
    - Reflect constantly, on yourself and on the world. Challenge your assumptions.
    - Write without pride. Compare yourself to the best. View it as a path of self improvement, not a means to an end.
    - Force yourself to write. Terrible writing is infinitely better than no writing. Find psychological tricks and ways to get in the zone that work for you. It's all about the zone. Writing involves an awful lot of self hypnosis.
    I just don't even know... It's certainly nothing professional, just a couple of semi stupid side stories that are a mashup of different stories I'm probably blatantly plaggerising and not even realising it. Part of me feels like reaching out and trying to manifest something from my subconcious into a reality... I've been wanting to ask about it for a while...

They're terrible, and I know that, but still... Just curious how other people are when it comes to writing. We learn quite a bit about who we are by seeing the relationship between each other and ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    http://www.giantitp.com/index.html#7YBU773u2uaCTL9ibwO

Giant is in need of a TF2 medic, D&D cleric, etc. for speedy recovery. Wish him well here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post13925626

Or post pics of well wishes.
    Poor Giant...

But he is...gah.

Did I seriously just confuse you? Or are you trolling me?

Your subconscious claims it while you actively deny it. It manifests itself due to the strong desire and claims it.
    That feels kinda deep, actually. I wonder what that means about me....

I however am completely immune to that process by virtue of having one of the exempted creature types (dragons do appear in the show and thus cannot become ponies).
    ...(face fault)

Yeah, you can't be a Pot because you're a Pan.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-19 at 09:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Does that mean I divided by Zero?
    Nah. More like the sum of +2 and -2, they cancel out.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

...(face fault)

Yeah, you can't be a Pot because you're a Pan.
    Exactly, and the kettle is black but I'm silver. See?

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Nah. More like the sum of +2 and -2, they cancel out.
    Damn. One of these days, I'll figure it out.

Exactly, and the kettle is black but I'm silver. See?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-19 at 09:53 PM.