New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: You! (A picture/Media thread) Thread XXXI: Roman Numerals Make Everything Fancy

Serpentine: that set of pictures is really nice. Looks like you had a good time. :)
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: You! (A picture/Media thread) Thread XXXI: Roman Numerals Make Everything Fancy

Quote Originally Posted by SubLimePie View Post
    Wow everyone is commenting on my hair .__., pretty interesting since I don't do anything special with it.
    Well, since you're pretty good-looking in total, I guess this means you've got a naturally perfect hair.

Yup, EngSci at Toronto, it's a more theoretical/principles strand of engineering! Deciding between specializing in Aerospace or Biomedical (we specialize after second year).
    Yeah, I'm Eng. IT in Uppsala, so it's a lot of programming for me.

And while I love the discoveries in the field of Biomedicine, Aerospace still sounds the most fun, if for nothing else because it's got the word "aero" in it. I'm hugely into flying. Space can wait, I just want the clouds.

More adventure in the land of the pint;
    candid shot by my friend while I was munching on some pastry:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *pastry*

After being convinced to do a ridiculous pose:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *pose*
    She made sure to take this one with my camera instead of her phone...
    I don't regret saying a word about your hair.

Also, ridiculous poses are the best. This is inarguable.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish_Paladin View Post
    In kendo outfit... feel the bushido!!

Spoiler
    Show
    *bushido*
    It's an honor being stared at by you, Paladin-[honorific].

Quote Originally Posted by OverdrivePrime View Post
    Last week my wife and I took our 2-year-old on his first kayaking trip. The results were adorable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *adorable*
    You're right, the results are irrefutably adorable. :3

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Silly pic with my girlfriend in Florida.

Spoiler
    Show
    *silly pic*
    Silly Troll, you don't need a plastic mustache. Your mustache is spiffing enough as it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    It was, and they were. And arightythen!

Spoiler
    Show
    *many pictures*
    Steampunk is cool stuff, I like your friends shiny and at least one of those robotic dancers remind me a bit of Steam Powered Giraffe...

I should probably post some pictures from my last holiday, but it's too late in the night for that now...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, since you're pretty good-looking in total, I guess this means you've got a naturally perfect hair.

And while I love the discoveries in the field of Biomedicine, Aerospace still sounds the most fun, if for nothing else because it's got the word "aero" in it. I'm hugely into flying. Space can wait, I just want the clouds.

It's an honor being stared at by you, Paladin-[honorific].

You're right, the results are irrefutably adorable. :3

Silly Troll, you don't need a plastic mustache. Your mustache is spiffing enough as it is!

Steampunk is cool stuff, I like your friends shiny and at least one of those robotic dancers remind me a bit of Steam Powered Giraffe...

I should probably post some pictures from my last holiday, but it's too late in the night for that now...

The honor is mine Teddy-sama ^^

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ettin in the Playground

Last week my wife and I took our 2-year-old on his first kayaking trip. The results were adorable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can not agree more.

Apparently this band that played there is kind of a big deal. Professor Elemental was meant to play - it's the whole reason my friend wanted to go - but he cancelled
    Wait... No I wasn't. I'm not a professor, nor do I play music professionally. Who is this impostor with my name?[/blatantly ignoring famous musicians]

In related news: I need to go to more markets and things...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Colossus in the Playground

Me too, and I also need to expand my circles. So, you know...

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

The makeup isn't as ornate and complete, so probably more inspired by the Giraffe fellows.. also one of them looks like The Jon, and he's not even in the band anymore, so it's probably not them

I am filing all the recent photos as further evidence in the 'Everybody in the Playground is ridiculously good looking' folder. Seriously, y'all.

(Serps, did you lower the neckline on that dress or is it just more, ah, aggressive undergarments? I don't remember it having quite that much decolletage the last time you had pics of it.)

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dragonprime would gladly enjoy a beer with you.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ettin in the Playground

Me too, and I also need to expand my circles. So, you know...
    Gladly would I go to markets with you Serpentine. There are quite a few baubles I need to waste my money on.
    That, and I would be honoured to be included in your circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    If I can have lemonade instead, you have a deal.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stadge View Post
    Whilst I will briefly chime in with everyone else and say you are very pretty, I want to dwell more on this 'land of the pint' nonsense.
    Does that mean pints aren't as universal as I thought? Because if so, I've been seriously underestimating the awesomeness of my island for too many years...
    Indeed! As far as I know, the UK is the only place where real (read imperial, 568mL) pints are still used.
    The people down in America use the ersatz pint (473mL), which I frankly don't get...
    Why don't they switch to the metric system?
    You can't get a satisfactorily filling pint of milk anywhere else .

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish_Paladin View Post
    In kendo outfit... feel the bushido!!

Spoiler
    Show
    *looking determined*
    That's awesome! I totally recommend learning at least one self-defense method if only to develop the self-discipline

Thank you thank you, you're not bad looking yourself

Aerospace for us deals with both in and out of atmosphere flight, so SPACE is a go.
    Lots of programming for us too... Loads of math and physics as well, not as much practical engineering practices.
    This program's geared more towards research and graduate school than anything else.
    And it's a roller coaster of a ride there too, about 40 hours of lectures+labs+tutorials a week.
    What language(s) do you program in?
    I'm pretty competent with C++, and am exploring C, Python, and Assembly right now.
    Spoiler: because large signatures are annoying
    Show
    (Dorm)ant until summer~

10. - Top - End - #1270

What does it say about me that I thought the whitetext word there was gonna be "piss"?
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    The makeup isn't as ornate and complete, so probably more inspired by the Giraffe fellows.. also one of them looks like The Jon, and he's not even in the band anymore, so it's probably not them
    Definitely wasn't them, but I'd be actually fairly surprised if they weren't an influence.
    (Serps, did you lower the neckline on that dress or is it just more, ah, aggressive undergarments? I don't remember it having quite that much decolletage the last time you had pics of it.)
    I'm pretty sure I've pretty much only worn that bra with it, but uh... yeah. "Aggressive" might be the word there I think it'd just been a while since I'd readjusted, and I didn't realise it had dropped that low...
    You complaining?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Gladly would I go to markets with you Serpentine. There are quite a few baubles I need to waste my money on.
    That, and I would be honoured to be included in your circles.
    I wish I had monies to waste on baubles I'm gonna be pretty boring at the markets, I'm afraid, but I still like looking at them. You in the FB group?

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ettin in the Playground

I wish I had monies to waste on baubles I'm gonna be pretty boring at the markets, I'm afraid, but I still like looking at them. You in the FB group?
    Well, they'd be cheap baubles. But yes, they are fun to look at, you never know when you'll find something you've been looking for for ages.
    And no... Unfortunately, I am not in any FaceBook group I am aware of. Likely because I'm opposed to FaceBook on flimsy philosophical grounds developed as an excuse to have a reason to not get it.

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Indeed! As far as I know, the UK is the only place where real (read imperial, 568mL) pints are still used.
    The people down in America use the ersatz pint (473mL), which I frankly don't get...
    Why don't they switch to the metric system?
    You can't get a satisfactorily filling pint of milk anywhere else .

That's awesome! I totally recommend learning at least one self-defense method if only to develop the self-discipline

Thank you thank you, you're not bad looking yourself

Aerospace for us deals with both in and out of atmosphere flight, so SPACE is a go.
    Lots of programming for us too... Loads of math and physics as well, not as much practical engineering practices.
    This program's geared more towards research and graduate school than anything else.
    And it's a roller coaster of a ride there too, about 40 hours of lectures+labs+tutorials a week.
    I'm pretty competent with C++, and am exploring C, Python, and Assembly right now.
    It's not very practical (you can't carry a bokken all the time ). But you are right about discipline, body , mind and spirit.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    -snippedy snap-
    An exquisite choice of attire, lad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

You complaining?
    Complainers will be executed! And then tortured!
    Last edited by OverdrivePrime; 2013-08-06 at 09:31 AM.
    Homebrew World: Daera - high fantasy setting on a world without humans
    If the world was a Hollywood movie, Overdrive would be the protagonist.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    -snip-
    I LOVE THAT BAND! *notes Dragonprime as a very cool person she would love to have a beer with*
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I assumed that far as well. I just find their looks to be reminding me of SPG...

Spoiler
    Show
    *prime dragon*
    Dem eyes! It's like you pooled the collected essence of a thousand plushies and infused them into a pair of eyes. The kindness, it stares into my soul!

Well, space is cool too, so I hardly complain.

We're roughly 2 parts computer science and programming + 1 part mathematics, with a sprinkling of electronics and other peripheral courses on top.

And, I suppose we have it easier with roughly 20 hours of scheduled lectures + labs + tutorials a week, with another 20 intended for individual studies. Especially since I get along quite well on the scheduled activities and thus don't have to do a lot of individual studies.

In order of proficiency: Java, Erlang, C, SML, MIPS Assembler. I've done a smidgen of Python as well, so I suppose I've got more or less enough to read Python code, but I need to keep a fair share of introductions and reference sheets up to program it.

Pictures!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playing with cousins' dog. When I arrived, she ran out in front of our car, and the best way of getting her away from it was to jump out and run away in the other direction. This dog loves to play... :3

Sillying around with cousins and littlest brother at the fika table. We're all staring at little brother...

So magic sunsets...

4 o'clock in the morning, fog rolling down the opposite shoreline (taken with my phone, hence the poor quality)...

Chilling on the cape. These pine roots are awesome!

I really, REALLY love this saw. It eats through these tree trunks like they were wax.

Show

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

That sunset is the prettiest, Teddy.
    Also, cool saw, bro!
    Homebrew World: Daera - high fantasy setting on a world without humans
    If the world was a Hollywood movie, Overdrive would be the protagonist.

18. - Top - End - #1278

Spoiler
    Show
    You.
    Come to Montreal this year somehow.
    So we can have beer.

Edit: also, KeyLimePi is super cute and is totally classmates with my friends. Only UoT is big enough that probably not but YAY MORE CANADIANS.

Because if there's one thing the internet needs, it's more canadians. We're already the most represented on the internet proportional to population :P
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2013-08-06 at 12:28 PM.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

19. - Top - End - #1279

If I can have lemonade instead, you have a deal.
    Of course! Lemonade is good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fay Graydon View Post
    I LOVE THAT BAND! *notes Dragonprime as a very cool person she would love to have a beer with*
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    An exquisite choice of attire, lad.
    Sonata Arctica fans! Excellent!

Dem eyes! It's like you pooled the collected essence of a thousand plushies and infused them into a pair of eyes. The kindness, it stares into my soul!
    Funny, I haven't heard comments like that about my eyes in a long time. Back when I was 13 years old there were a couple girls who liked to refer to me as "Bambi eyes" on account of them being very large, very brown, and very adorable. Good to know that I've still got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    You.
    Come to Montreal this year somehow.
    So we can have beer.
    I don't know about this year. Unless I all of a sudden manage to get enough cash together before August 25 to go all the way up there and back it isn't happening. Maybe in March when I have spring break, or during some long weekend before that. Preferably never in the winter. I've been up to Montreal then, and it is cold. Brrrrrr.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I loved Sonata Arctica, specially Ecliptica, Silence and Winterheart guild. But it brings to me very sad memories.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

Sonata Arctica fans! Excellent!
    How can anyone not love Sonata Arctica! Especially when they did Orchestral Covers of their own songs! When I heard them I thought I'd die!
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

So I think it's been aaaaaaaaagggeeeeeessss since I posted a photo here.

But yeah, this is what I look like now.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]*snip*[/IMG]
    I would like to accept that offer and return a offer of grilling steak and drinking some fine rum with you.As seen in the picture, I accepted the offer of a beer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2013-08-06 at 04:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I would like to accept that offer and return a offer of grilling steak and drinking some fine rum with you.As seen in the picture, I accepted the offer of a beer.

Spoiler
    Show
    You know this is the first time I've ever seen a picture of you Dallas XD
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fay Graydon View Post
    You know this is the first time I've ever seen a picture of you Dallas XD
    You really have been gone a while, sweetie.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

26. - Top - End - #1286

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah D-D, you remind me that it's been too long since I last saw you. Sadly I have no rum or steak with which to accept your offer like you did mine, but I'll drink some of my brandy in your honor.

Some day I have got to get myself back to the Netherlands.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ettin in the Playground

Pictures!
    Spoiler
    Show

So magic sunsets...
    Your Cousin's dog is rather adorable. If I were to have a dog, I would have a dog like that. Maybe.

And yes. That sunset is truly magical.

Also... Forgive me if I sound ignorant... But what exactly is a fika table? Based on the context, I would say its similar to a dining table... But I could be wrong.

Of course! Lemonade is good stuff.
    Excellent. I shall endeavour to make this happen whenever I am next in American New England.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2013-08-06 at 08:58 PM.

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #1288

Teddy pics are always a pleasure, in more ways than one.
    And no... Unfortunately, I am not in any FaceBook group I am aware of. Likely because I'm opposed to FaceBook on flimsy philosophical grounds developed as an excuse to have a reason to not get it.
    Ah, rightio.
    How did people organise things like this before Facebook?
    Complainers will be executed! And then tortured!

I had an interesting day at uni the other day.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I found the world's longest-running laboratory experiment and recipient of the IgNobel Prize, the Pitch Drop Experiment:

I met a very pretty duck:

And I also had some fun with some really interesting cloud formations. I took some scribbly sketches, but they're not online. I'm thinking about arting them up properly - either soft and smudgy and cloud-like, maybe chalk on black card, or refining them into proper pictures of beasts. I think the pegasus should be soft, at least...
    In addition, it's August here, which is the last month of winter. This is what it was like on the south side of the Brisbane River this afternoon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Finally, my littlest nephew scoots like a pro.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, rightio.
    How did people organise things like this before Facebook?

Spoiler
    Show
    I found the world's longest-running laboratory experiment and recipient of the IgNobel Prize, the Pitch Drop Experiment:
    -experiment-
    I have a few theories. Most involve other methods of communication, but the leading theory involves magic.
    Do you have Skype? If so, I could add you.

Ooh... The Pitch Drop Experiment... It is so cool, but so not very much so at the same time... You know what would really suck? Going to see it, and then finding out that the pitch dropped the moment you turned your back.

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

That sunset is the prettiest, Teddy.
    Also, cool saw, bro!
    Indeed it is. It's a bit underexposed, which adds to the effect, but I was really pretty to be there as well. When this picture was taken, I was sitting on a railway bridge roughly a kilometre to the southwest and trying to make sense of my life, and this sunset really lightened up my heart. It was like a majestic bird beyond the horison had spread its wings across the sky, burning with orange fire and dying with red embers as the sun set further below the horison.

And yes, that saw is like nothing else. Ever since I started using it a few years ago, using any other saw has never been the same again. They're just so horrendously inefficient compared to this one of ours. I mean, on a good day and with a not too wide log, it can easily take off 0.5-1 centimetres per sawing. We have a chainsaw too, but I refuse to use it for as long as we have these.

Your Cousin's dog is rather adorable. If I were to have a dog, I would have a dog like that. Maybe.
    Adorable, and she has the energy output of a nuclear powerplant. Now, that's what you should expect as well, for Samoyeds are sled dogs, and if there's something that characterises sled dogs, then it is that they're full of energy and almost inexhaustable.

And yes. That sunset is truly magical.
    Pretty magical winged sunset. :3

We always get nice sunsets when we are up there. In fact, all weather formations are so much cooler up there than they ever are down here. With one exception, there was one evening down here when I looked up on the clouds and found myself looking down on another world. That was the most magical moment in all of my life...

Also... Forgive me if I sound ignorant... But what exactly is a fika table? Based on the context, I would say its similar to a dining table... But I could be wrong.
    Fika is one of those Swedish words you can type into English Wikipedia and learn something new (technically, you'll have to go through a disambiguation page, but which one I talk about isn't ambiguous). A fika table is a table set for fika, much like a dinner table is a table set for dinner (or a table in the dining room, but shush). Saying that you sit around the fika table is roughly equivalent that you're having fika.

Teddy pics are always a pleasure, in more ways than one.
    Oh, thank you!

Spoiler
    Show
    *experiment*

I met a very pretty duck:
    *duck*

And I also had some fun with some really interesting cloud formations. I took some scribbly sketches, but they're not online. I'm thinking about arting them up properly - either soft and smudgy and cloud-like, maybe chalk on black card, or refining them into proper pictures of beasts. I think the pegasus should be soft, at least...

In addition, it's August here, which is the last month of winter. This is what it was like on the south side of the Brisbane River this afternoon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Finally, my littlest nephew scoots like a pro.
    Hmm, the pitch drop experiment I hadn't heard of, the duck is pretty indeed, and I really want to see your cloudy animal sketches! I love clouds! :3

Also, scooting nephew is totally cute! :3

And in other notes, I'm totally and completely envious of DD's seemingly endless supply of mead. My family has a pair of friends making their own mead, but we only get a few bottles a year, so they become way too exclusive to drink at any times but special occations, and you can never have especially much of it, since both my parents and littlest brother will want to have some as well...

Show